New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: the Ultimate Conflict (We're On A Boat) IC

Upon hearing the talk of wealth, death, and the Lady of Pain; Raz barges into the room.
    "Damnit Moqorro those damn wards always give me the willies! One of these days I am just going to dispel this entire ship. Anyways my vote is for fighting, and going to meeting place seems to be the fastest way to get to fighting. The Lady of Pain has already "communicated" with me *scratches head painfully* so if you don't get anything Masanari let me try. "

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thankfully for Masanari, talkiing with Lady may not be so necessary. As Raz enters the room, both Moqorro and Voren recall hearing the term "Great Wheel".

The Great Wheel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The great wheel is another name used for the generally accepted "map" of the outer planes with the outlands in the center and the other outer planes running around it and transitioning from law to evil to chaos to good and back to law. Though not all planes are included in the map, you are aware that the term has been used to stand in for the entirety of the multiverse.

Voren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thinking about matters cosmological, you recall hearing about some space known as the meeting grounds (more commonly known as common grounds) where deities can meet in peace. If what you heard is true, it's the one spot in the multiverse where violence is entirely impossible. It is said that the portal to the common grounds can be found in the center of the astral plane, though no mortal has ever stumbled across the portal in recorded history.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-11 at 08:59 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

Voren returns the book he just took off the shelf as he remembers something he'd heard years before.

"Hold on gentlemen, I think I know where we're going. I've heard of a place called the meeting grounds, the portal to which is said to be in the center of the astral plane. It's the place where deities can meet in peace, because violence is impossible there. The trick is that no mortal in recorded history has ever found the portal, but based on what was written on the sky, we should be able to do so, if the gate truly is open."
    Tired soldier avatar by the excellent TinyMushroom.
    You should probably look for some white text in my posts. I'm sneaky like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro harrumphs, not knowing whether he likes the news or not.

"Right then. We set sail on the morrow. Bring the Lady back to port. Rael, Courn, Versuth, Tamiel, Na'Rok, Jade." He nods to each of his captains in turn. "Take the fleet to the deposit. I want a tight formation, no screw-ups. Anything goes awry, something too much for you to handle - retreat and set a perimeter. I will not risk my pride and joy." He gives a slight bow as all his captains bow in return, filing out to return to their respective ships. "As for the rest of you lot, we've got a gate to find."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Landing back at the docks, the Lady of Pain silently debarks down one of the roads, vanishing in mid-step a few hundred yards away. Once it's become clear that the Lady is gone for the moment, the Lead Zeppelin is swarmed by curious and admiring citizens. Some are curious about the lady of pain, seeing as she has "interacted" more with you in the past 10 minutes than she had with anyone in the past few centuries. Others are curious about yourselves (especially regarding the captain of the brave ship and the sky-slaying Voren, though Raz and Po have collected interest of their own). Goods, services, daughters and more are offered to the brave adventurers for their efforts.

OOC: In effect, you are henceforth entitled to a more-or-less royal lifestyle (minus castle) while in Sigil without need to pay for anything except truly lavish expenditures (and magic items).
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-14 at 04:42 PM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Raz realizing that there would be some sort of conflict either on the way to the meeting grounds or after they have left it, didn't protest. A place where violence was impossible was one of his worst nightmares, and he was seriously wondering if he would literally exploded from anger if they were there too long. The idea of such a place alone was starting to anger him, and he told his companions through clenched teeth:
    "All I have to say on the matter is that there better be some especially worthy opponents that are causing all this commotion, because after going to that place I will really need something to destroy."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Aye, well, judging by the message, we should have a good fight on our hands sometime soon. At the rate, tend to your own duties before the day's over, lads. We leave at first light."

Moqorro scratches his beard, leaving the comfort of his sanctum. He issues a few orders for mooring and shore leave before he returns to his cabin, studying maps and books for the rest of the day, turning in for sleep late at night.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Sounds like a plan... I'm going to head to my cabin and get some rest. Let me know when we've made it to the meeting spot.

Po Rai So left the Admiral's office, again shuttering as he passed through the ward, only to be surprised by the uproar of excitement and joy from the masses standing on the dock. Not caring much for fame or fortune, Po Rai So gave the crowd a quick smile and wave before heading off to his quarters.

Letting out a sigh, Po Rai So jumped onto the hammock that was set up in his room and stared at the wooden ceiling. A place of no violence. It was an interesting concept, but it was one that troubled Po Rai So to some extent. If there was a chance that Irori would be there, little to nothing could be done to make him pay for his crimes. Although, Po Rai So was usually very modest about his abilities, he felt that he had enough power to confront the deity once and for all. If he couldn't do it alone, he was sure that his crew mates would jump in, or at least the bloodthirsty Raz would. Po Rai So slowly drifted off to sleep, eyes feeling heavier each passing second.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

After Voren left Moqorro's quarters, he quickly found himself in a situation he wouldn't have imagined himself in just a few years earlier. He was surrounded by people, and none of them were trying to murder him. He spent several hours enjoying the attention, answering questions and turning down several offers of marriage. As the crowd began to thin out, he slipped away, returning to his cabin for some rest.
    Tired soldier avatar by the excellent TinyMushroom.
    You should probably look for some white text in my posts. I'm sneaky like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am:

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

ooc: slight change of plans, apparently.

As Po and Raz return to their cabins and the gangplank is withdrawn, they see a couple of recognizable faces in the crowd. The polite warrior who leaped from a building is standing next to the shifty fellow who helped him slay one of the larger ground-dwelling monstrosities. Another shifty-looking fellow, apparently another ally, stands beside him.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I like to "write", and sometimes I go long. But for you tl;dr types, I'll just provide a summary here:
    Masanari and Kagetsune teleport back to the Sky Radish, where they have a conference with trusted advisors. Everyone resolves to warn the home demiplane, as well as other planes where they have agents, about what happened at Sigil. Afterwards, Masanari returns to the ship, though it is probably late in the evening.

Masanari excused himself from the Admiral's quarters, making his way into the depths of the Lead Zeppelin and approaching his cabin. Kagetsune, who had been inside fiddling with a prototype, rose from his work and bowed as his master entered the room. Masanari bowed politely in return.

"We're going back to the Tower," he said calmly, closing the door behind him. "I must meet with everyone before the ship leaves tomorrow."
    Kagetsune nodded. "Of course; we'll leave as soon as you wish. May I ask what was discussed between all of you?"
    Masanari launched into the details of their meeting; everyone's eagerness to chase adventure, his own misgivings, and the ultimate conclusion. Kagetsune tried, but ultimately failed, to keep the concern from his face.
    "My lord," he began, the worry in his tone evident, "Why must this involve you? Why must we go with this crew into danger? Isn't our mission ultimately just to protect our Kingdom?"
    "I AM protecting it," Masanari replied calmly. "What happened to Sigil, the sky splitting, the creatures descending, the unholy malevolence on the other side..." he paused a moment, remembering it all. "What stops this fury from being visited upon our home? Won't the time come when the skies over our Kingdom are also rent?"
    The two men were silent for a moment, each imagining the terror. Finally, Masanari spoke.
    "Those men upstairs seek to save us from that fate. And I will follow them. Do you understand?"
    Kagetsune understood. But he didn't feel any better.

Spoiler
    Show
    Masanari casts Teleport before the next narrative. Their target is the Conference Room in the Flying Tower, a location very familiar to the both of them.
    (1d100)[52]

Masanari and Kagetsune materialize from thin air, planting their feet firmly onto the heavy mat flooring of the Flying Tower's conference room. The guards, used to such an intrusion, immediately bow low to both transported men. One of them leaves to round up the usual conference participants: two colonels, a number of high-level magicians and machinists, three platoon captains, and Masanari's spymaster, all of whom arrive within ten minutes. They take their assigned seats around the room's long table, where a small, quick course of appetizers has been prepared and placed. Some eat, others don't, but all converse quietly amongst themselves, murmuring to one another or across the table until Masanari clears his throat. Talk dies down, and everyone turns their heads to look at him.

"I'm sure most of you are curious as to what occurred today," he begins. "Before we begin, I wish to explain those events in detail."
    Everyone listens closely as he relates the events at the docks of Sigil: the Lady of Pain's sudden appearance, the rifts in the sky, the pouring of monsters, everyone's heroic efforts. A mix of emotions play across the assembled supplicants' faces; his story is met with surprised looks and concerned murmurings. When he is finished, Masanari sips the tea a servant has placed before him, lets out a short, satisfied breath, and asks, "What are our next steps? The floor is open to suggestions."
    Colonel Jin'emon, a Wizard, is the first to speak. His wiry face scrunches up in worry, and he gestures as he talks with a bony hand. "It's clear we should warn the Kingdom," he starts, an edge of concern creeping into his voice. "This may not be an isolated attack. For all we know, there could be danger there right now!"
    Several nod in agreement; others sigh. Masanari emotes nothing.
    A man across from the Wizard speaks next: Colonel Ryouta, a Samurai and leader of Masanari's First Battalion. He folds his dark, muscular arms into the sleeves of his simple, grey garments and speaks with a gruff voice. "We must go back and spread this news throughout our world. A full diplomatic mission."
    Everyone murmurs at this idea, filling the room with sounds of both agreement and disagreement.
    Spymaster Yemon speaks, arms raised, hands splayed open in an attempt to still the talk in the room. "I agree with both of you. As always, however, I urge caution." The room simmers down, and Yemon places his hands down upon the table. "Send our Tower flying across the demiplane and all you'll succeed in is panicking every nation on our borders. If we must send word, it should be a single agent, and the message should be for our lord's brothers only."
    This sparks a small debate; none of the words are impolite, but the talk is no less heated. Masanari listens for a few minutes and silences the room with a few short raps on the table.
    "I've decided," he says at last. "I agree that all of Gears needs to know about this problem, but I also agree that panic is not acceptable."
    He pauses to finish the tea in his cup, then continues.
    "Kagetsune," he calls to his retainer, who looks up from his notes. "I want you to hail the other White Towers, both at home and across the planes."
    Kagetsune nods, and jots down another few notes.
    "Yemon," he continues, "Go with Kagetsune and contact each of our agents personally. Tell them to inform the Tower Captains of a change in our diplomatic mission: they are to spread the news to the leaders of our neighboring kingdoms, as well as to our interplanar contacts, in the most covert way possible. I will leave the contents of such a message up to you."
    Yemon looks at Kagetsune, and both men nod at each other.
    "As for the rest of you: our mission here in Sigil has not changed. We must make inroads here; the Lady of Pain is a powerful ally, and I don't want to see her become a terrible enemy."
    At that last statement, everyone nods in agreement.

Spoiler
    Show
    After the meeting, Masanari and Kagetsune Teleport back to the Lead Zeppelin. I'll deal with any hilarious teleportation errors in another post.
    (1d100)[52]
    Last edited by TwoHeadedBoy; 2012-09-18 at 10:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The assassin takes a few steps back and leaps up onto the deck, gently flapping his wings symbolically. Upon arrival, his other shifty friend sprouts wings and flies up above the Lead Zeppelin as he calls down to you [/COLOR]"May we come a board? My friends and I wish to meet you, after all you did help kill several of those 'things'."
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-09-19 at 06:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Turning towards the new guests, Raz sizes them up and says

"Aye, you may come aboard. Anyone who fights as well as that is welcome as my guest on this ship. We are currently heading towards the meeting grounds if you want to tag along and meet the crew."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ceasing to flap his wings Fang falls down on to the deck, then stands up and nodding his head in thanks. "So you're going to the common grounds as well? Our group is waiting on us to get back before we go. I take it you are the captain then?"
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2012-09-21 at 04:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eying the same figure that Fang was, Sebastian rolls his eyes. No, you idiot He thinks; any smart captain wouldn'tve left such a powerful ship during a skirmish like that one...We haven't seen him yet

He continues to hold a smug smirk, outwardly ignoring Fang for once before chiming in: "Or, if you're not the captain of this fine, er, vessel, would you mind pointing me to his quarters?" He holds up the large, jewel-encrusted quicksilver oval, as though it were an obvious reason to let him though. "I have a gift for him, and would like to request a somewhat 'private' audience." He jerks his head at Fang and Daniel during his emphasis of 'private' before lowering the Aspect Mirror back to his side whilst standing as tall as he can and puffing up his chest a bit so his 'brooch', a very distinctive family crest, catches the light.
    Last edited by Toska Moriarty; 2012-09-20 at 10:13 PM.
    Praise be to our highest most exalted lord, Emperor Ing for gifting me with this magnificent avatar. Also check out his awesome comic, Well That was Unexpected.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro sighs, flipping through one of several tomes on his desk. One of his least favorite things was research. He was more of a hands-on man, the various scars and blood stains on his weapons a testament to that. Bah, so much to sift through. There must be something that I can do. He grunts, shuffling around a few papers before standing up and leaving for the deck.

He bursts out the door on to the the main deck, shouting "Victarion! Do you still know that spe--" he interrupts himself as he notices Raz conversing with two new people by the gangplank. "Oy, Raz! Who are your friends?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Turning to the Admiral, Raz responds:

"I don't really know who these people are to be honest; all I know is that they fought well during the recent conflict and that makes them my guests. Apparently they are heading to the same place we are, and the one peacocking himself over there would like to speak with you."
    Last edited by tarrmarr; 2012-09-22 at 03:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peacocking? Sebastian is taken aback for a moment, stopping only a second. I LIKE it!

Clearing his throat, he saunters past the Large draconian-esc rampage machine towards the 'Admiral'. With a large, over-the-top, floor sweeping (And possibly sarcastic) bow, Sebastian greets him thusly: "Good afternoon to you, Sir. I have no doubt you are in command of this upstanding and magnificent vessel that we had the pleasure to see in action earlier, and it is an honor to have been invited onto it's deck. "

He straightens up, fresh demonic wings flapping almost...happily? Smiling ear to ear, he continues: " Outside of expressing respect and gratitude, there is a more-important reason for my coming aboard. Apparently you've seen the same warning we have, and are heading towards the same destination. Though I'm sure we would not mind operating as a single,powerful unit, we do not want to get in your way, or have you in ours... "
    He trails off a second, letting that sink in a bit.
    "I'm sure you understand, but perhaps it would be helpful if there was some manner of communication between us? I would like to offer just that, un-charistically free-of-charge, to you in thanks of your service, though I would prefer..." He shoots a look over his shoulder at Raz, Daniel, Fang, and the various crew-members, before turning back to the Admiral. "...To do so in a less populated environment. I doubt the entire crew has to understand how this will work, and it would all be easier to explain privately. I assume you have such a location on board, Captain?" He beams, still clutching onto the mirror with one hand, distinctive family logo gleaming on his chest.
    Praise be to our highest most exalted lord, Emperor Ing for gifting me with this magnificent avatar. Also check out his awesome comic, Well That was Unexpected.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro stands up straight, allowing his hands to rest behind his back as he gives the man a critical gaze, looking him over. After all that had happened today, he was not willing to leave any stone untouched.

"Aye, and greetings to you too. Can't say I remember inviting you or your friend aboard," he motions to the others that followed him, "But that hardly seems a problem now. Moqorro's the name, but some still call me the Admiral. And you are?"

He awaits the man's response, and once suitably answered, nods in response. "Aye, the warning. A strange thing. We've uncovered some information on it, but it's still a bit confusing. And as for communication," Moqorro pulls back his vest, revealing a small wooden box, humming with magical energies. "I've got this for me and my crew. I could whip another one up in no-time, but I'll take a look at what you offer. Come." He spins around, letting his cape trail behind him, clearly emblazoned with the sigil of Ossyria.

"I warn you; Try anything, and you will not see tomorrow. The day has been too full of surprises, and I must take no chances."
    Last edited by MasonDon; 2012-09-22 at 03:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

[sarcasm]"Oh Sebastian would never try anything."[/sarcasm] Watching as the two of them walked away. So then when are you guys going to the common grounds?
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

After watching the Admiral and Sebastian leave; Raz's hand falls to his sword hilt and raps on it impatiently. Turning to Fang, he responds
    "I kind of hope he does try something, you guys look like you would put up a good fight. *chuckle* We are leaving at first light tomorrow, although I can't say I am too happy about the apparent impossibility of violence at the meeting grounds. I never cared for the diplomatic crap, usually I settle my differences with fists and steel."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian shrugs off the 'invitation' comment, as event eh Draconic-looking fellow had only invited them after they boarded. Still smiling, he gives his standard introduction: "I am Sebastian Dettotoro, of the house with the same name from the long-lost White Marble City. A Pleasure to meet you, Admiral."

Perking an eyebrow at the gizmo, and more than curious about how it works, he says nothing, simply following The Admiral deeper into the ship, scoffing ever so slightly at Fang. While trying to pin-down any memory of the emblem, he cannot help but chuckle heartily at The Admirals concern. Still relaxed, almost alarmingly so, he ads: "Now Admiral, don't give me so little credit. Wither my name means anything to you or now, don't you think even the dumbest of murderous thugs would've had the sense to avoid detection if they had foul intent? If you can see me, you're safe, sir...
    Besides, It would be a shame to bloody these decks. Not to mention a certain 'Higher Power' that prefers I only kill on command...
    "

He sighs, still pondering the logo on the leading man's back. "Though I feel I must ask, Admiral. The title implies more than one ship. A fleet, in fact, comes to mind. Are you in command of such a full-sized navy? Or is the moniker simply a nickname of sorts?" His tone remains openly curious, a tad arrogant, and, if anything, far from disrespectful. Just in case.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Now that Sebastian had run off on his own, not something Daniel was too fond of, he Daniel finally decided to speak. "Raz was it? I can understand your preference for violence, sometimes fighting is so much simpler than settling things peacefully. Unfortunately, if we always resort to our fists then the world just continues to get even more violent." Then is his own mind, Especially when we let the need for violence consume us...

Approaching Raz, Daniel holds out his hand, an offer of friendship. "It was a pleasure fighting beside you today. If you are headed for the Common Grounds, then I expect I shall see you there. My name is Daniel by the way. I look forward to working with you in the future and, should the need arise, fighting side by side with you."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro affords the man all his attention, his boots rasping on the wooden deck as they move towards his sanctum. "You'd be surprised. I've had men far bolder than you make attempts. All failed quite spectacularly though, might I add." He raises an eyebrow at the mention of a "Higher Power," but chooses not to prod.

"Aye, It's a bit of both. Some of the common folk took to calling me 'Admiral' when I first built this ship. But what's an Admiral without a fleet? Might've seen my ships earlier in the day. I sent 'em out after the battle, a personal errand. It's not the biggest, but they're my own handiwork. I know how they move, how they react, every in and out. Can't say the same for any other fleet."

Another moment later, they've come upon the entrance to Moqorro's quarters. The door is inlaid with a golden symbol of Ossyria, while the entire wall seems to swirl with magic, giving it a black hue. Stepping up, Moqorro opens to door, motioning for Sebastian to enter. "After you."
    Last edited by MasonDon; 2012-09-23 at 10:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Raz acknowledges the previously silent Human with a small chuckle.

"And exactly is wrong with the world becoming more violent? When people choose to settle things "peacefully" all the violence goes on behind the scenes, in shady backroom deals and assassination attempts. I had my fill of that garbage long ago. If I have a problem with you, I'll tell it to you face usually with my fists. *Shakes Daniel's hand* I too look forward to fighting, with you or against you doesn't much matter to me. Nothing better then the exchange of blows and wits. *Smiles a warm if a bit toothy smile* "

26. - Top - End - #86

"What a shame, I guess I'll never be getting any gold from you. I'm one of those 'shady' assassins. Fangs the name, head of the Nightsong guild." Deciding not to extend his hand, Fang leans against the rails. "Well then how long do you think They will take down there?"Nodding his head toward the door Sebastian and the Admiral went through, "I wish to be off sooner rather then later, and I have a feeling that all the ladies back at our temporary base are going to start getting impatient."
    Last edited by Metroid33; 2012-09-23 at 08:38 PM.
    Show
    All By emperor Ing

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sebastian chuckles off the idea of any man being bolder than he. Eyeing the masterful craftsmanship in the ship and the way The Admiral almost flowed through it, like part of a bigger creature, he cannot help but be honestly impressed. The Admiral, it seems, did not come anywhere near lying when he said he knew every inch of his ship.

Again trying to figure out that symbol, Sebastian pauses at the door before snapping out of it, giving a curt but thankful not to his host, and stepping into the room before him.
    "Why thank you, Admiral. If you don't mind I'd like to get down to brass tacks with all this. I have no doubt my allies on board are already interacting with your crew. Knowing them, that's not a good thing. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is doing a 'world-peace' lecture and the other is bragging about his merry band of costumed bandits. Odd bunch, they are..."

He trails off a bit, walking further into the room, gazing about at the decor, the furniture, and whatever else may be lying about. Several seconds later he turns on his heel to Moqorro, holding the large, gem encrusted quicksilver disk up over his chest with both hands.

"So, my ever-gracious host, a choice for you. I have many questions regarding your crew, your passengers, your interaction with the Lady of Pain, and your fleet in general. I'm sure you have questions for me regarding my fellows as well." He shrugs, finding either choice less interesting impossible.

"And, on the other hand, I could go ahead and explain how your new gift works, should you choose to accept it. In fact, I think I see the perfect spot for it over there on the wall..." He nods towards a section that must've at one point held a map.
    "Choice is yours, Admiral. What do we discuss first?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro follows in after him, closing the door with a dull thud. Magic almost seems to permeate the air, and most would feel safe and almost isolated from the outside world in here.

Books are strewn about on his desk, most haphazardly flipped open, revealing that Moqorro was deep in study. The strange wooden box that holds maps still sits on his desk, however, it is turned off for now. Aside from that, the room is rather poorly decorated for a man of Moqorro's stature. Most of the room is instead taken up by various half-finished inventions and tools, the odd book and sentimental object strewn about.

"Oho, a good choice indeed. I am a man of knowledge, if you haven't already guessed. When something new comes in to my possession, I'd hardly leave it around without a second glance." He smiles to Sebastian, folding his arms.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

I never thought intelligent and engaging conversation would be missed this much. Must be hanging around with Fang too much.

Sebastian smiles wider, if that was even possible, and places the large mirror onto the desk, careful not to disturb too many books or smudge any parchment. After gently laying down the hefty and bejeweled item, he steps out of Moqorros way, pointing at the largest ruby, centered at the base of the frame.

"This device is called an 'Aspect Mirror'. It is attuned to another such mirror that I keep on my person at all times. Simply stand in front of it, touch the largest ruby, and think of me or my attuned mirror. Each of our faces will appear, and we will be able to communicate at a massive distance."

He turns, hands again clasped behind his back, easily forgetting the wings tucked like a birds behind him, and paces around the room.

"Now the interesting part, and certainly my favorite, is that not only does this work both ways, but the target mirror's owner need not be willing for this communication to happen. If you wanted to contact me and I wasn't aware, it would still go through. And vice verse. "

He stops pacing by the door, leaning up against the door frame in a surprisingly nonchalant manner. He spends a moment inspecting his hands, worried a bit that there may still be a bit of blood ( Ichor?) hiding there and letting the words sink in. Snapping back into the room, he quickly looks up at The Admiral, eyes carrying a certain sparkle.

"It's for this reason that most users of such a device not only keep them at hand, but keep them covered in some sort of cloth. I prefer silk, but again, even those choices are at your discretion. "

He sighs, realizing that he had skipped a very important piece of his speech. "And if you're asking yourself 'why' we would need or want to contact each other, any sort of agreements we could make are no doubt mutually beneficial. You have a massive, vast, and powerful fleet at your command, and I am more than willing to offer what I have, discrete, clean, death, for a fee at a job-by-job basis. Each of these things are unique, so I doubt either of us will have such an opportunity again."

His eyes wander along the door again, pausing for a second as he begins to recognize the logo emblazoned across the ship and it's captain. "If you need recommendations, I've worked for kings, dukes, dragons, emperors, demons, pharaohs and even gods. I back everything I say, and am simply happy to have the attention of such a commanding figure. With all that said, unless you have questions, free answers, an explanation of that little mechanical wonder you're carrying, or a desire to write up a contract right now, our business should be done and I can get back to keeping an eye on the second best assassin across the planes. "

He winks, waiting for The Admiral to absorb all of the information.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Moqorro listens to the man talk with a focus that rivals sages. when it comes to something new, he never leaves it alone until he's figure out all its secrets. As the man finishes, he smiles broadly, running a hand along the fine piece and taking a moment to bask in the magic that must have gone into the making of it.

He turns to Sebastian, extending a hand as he smiles.
    "Many thanks for such a wonderful gift. I hope you don't mind if I... inspect it a bit closer on my own time. With the rabble I usually deal with, your skills would be wasted, alas. But there may come a time when I need them. You do have quite a reputation with a list of clients like that." He lets out a chuckle, giving the man one more smile.

"I believe after such a gift, I owe you something in return. Ask your questions."