New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Ultimate Conflict (Team Awesome) IC

Alden works focusing his Ki. Blast after blast goes off forming walls of force to block the continuing flow of the ooze. Calling out to the stranger Alden shouts out,"Look for survivors, I will keep the flow at bay but hurry!"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Phyrrsig, come help me, take as many survivors on your back as you can!"

Flying Through the flooded street of the city, Slinar begins to grow bigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the bigger size of the tiger form, the tiger lord allow me to use all abilities of both form in either. Does my sentence even make sense?

Each time he sees a survivor, he flies toward him, putting him as high as possible, simply to offer them time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does the slime hurt the persons trapped inside? Or do they only have to fear suffocation?
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

OOC: Sorry for late response. Didn't see second page.

Silphael:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I... think that makes sense. Not sure that size counts as an ability but okay.

Alden succeeds in blocking off the flow as Slinar and Phyrrsig succeed in rescuing dozens of villagers, leaving more citizens on the rooftops to await help. Ironically, the town gate that had been closed to prevent the entry of monsters now slowed the rate at which the goop leaked out of the town, keeping the entire community flooded.

So far as the two of you can tell so far, the only real risk that the villagers face is that of drowning. The properties of the slime, however, remain untested so far.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Hey, you there! Yes, the flying one! Got any idea what it is?"

He is obviously speaking to Alden, and is now nearing.

"By the way, I'm Slinar, warlord of the Valmer, and she, he points Phyrsig is Phyrsig. Don't bother if she says crap or things like that, I guess even dragon have teenagers... Who are you?"

His size becomes as earlier again.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #35

RedWizardGuy

Alden moves his hand to make sure his mask is still in place before speaking,"...I am Alden... I am just a simple traveler and Scion of Io. If you would not mind opening the gate, I think it might help with the this ooze... What concerns me most is the crack in the sky. I would ask him about it but I cannot help but feel in the amount of time it would take to speak with him, something else shall come out."
    Last edited by Strainseir; 2012-09-11 at 04:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"In this case... I will watch the crack while you will ask. I will check if nothing goes in the direction of your world, don't bother."

He elevates himself slowly in the sky, flying towards the doors.

"But first, I will open that..."

7. - Top - End - #37

RedWizardGuy

Alden nods before finding a safe place to begin his meditation. It will take an hour, but after that hour Alden will ask what the crack is and how do we deal with it in the least destructive way possible.
    Last edited by Strainseir; 2012-09-13 at 10:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Forcing open the gates, the entire town begins to empty as the liquid seeps out, allowing the grateful citizens to gasp and sputter in relief as Alden asks his god for wisdom.

Communing With Io:
    Spoiler
    Show

In the depths of your meditation, you find yourself once more in that dark and foggy expanse of emptiness, the deepest depths of your soul where you can speak once more to Io. You can't see Io, of course, but you can sense his presence. Somewhere off in the darkness, beyond the furthest whisp of fog, he is watching and waiting.

What is the crack?

The crack is a sign of great change to come, a fracture between the sane world and the far realms. More like it have appeared across the multiverse and every fiend, celestial and god is working to close them.

How does one close?

Physical harm can force it to retract, reducing it down to a mere scar. Only curative magic, however, can remove these scars for good.

As you float back towards consciousness, you can hear Io call to you one more time through the mist.

When you are finished, find me through the gate at the center of the astral plane. In the meeting grounds, all will soon be clear.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

9. - Top - End - #39

RedWizardGuy

Alden stands and sighs feeling refreshed as he always does after their talks. Stretching out his muscles from sitting for an hour he flies over to the man and his dragon that have been assisting to greatly,"That i a fracture between this realm and the far realm. We can beat it till it is closed, but then healing magic must be applied to it. I have such power do you?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Do I look like I know how to heal such a thing? Phyrsig knows a little about it, but me... I'm a tactician, a warlord. Leading a war, a charge, I have no problem with it, but healing the fallen, that isn't what I do. You have something to heal the facture of the world itself? That's great! In this case I just have to beat it until it close? That's great too."

Slinar flies toward the crack, as he knows he is slower than Alden in the sky.

11. - Top - End - #41

RedWizardGuy

Alden, not wanting to waste any time teleports the three of them to the crack with a momentary realignment of his Ki,"When one learns to master their spirit all things are possible."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Are you able to plane shift? Because if not, we will have to close that from different sides... And I dunno if it will close from there if you "heal" it from the other side... Further more, how do we part that crack? You take the left side, I take the right from here to the other side?"

13. - Top - End - #43

RedWizardGuy

Alden nods when the other begins to question him,"I am able to plane shift. I can take you with if you desire. Io requests when this is resolved that we go to a gate in the Astral plane. I suppose we should try taking either side."
    Last edited by Strainseir; 2012-09-16 at 04:19 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Let's do that then. We begin here, and we will finish your side after. We may have to check if there are crack to other planes, though..."

15. - Top - End - #45

RedWizardGuy

"Whether you choose to come or not I shall not force it upon me, but my presence has been requested by the over god. He is a god teacher but a wily bastard. I tend to heed his desires." Alden said as he teased the effectiveness of his fist trying to strike at the edge of the crack.
    Last edited by Strainseir; 2012-09-17 at 02:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If harming the cracks: Make damage rolls. You can't very easily miss them but they do have hit point totals.

17. - Top - End - #47

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Teleporting charge fiery Fist power attack. Activating once per encounter critical strike ability

1 (16d8+107)[163] physical + (3d6)[12] sonic + (3d6+30)[38] fire= 213 x2= 426

2 (16d8+107)[184] physical + (3d6)[10] sonic + (3d6+30)[38] fire= 232 x2= 464

3 (16d8+107)[180] physical + (3d6)[11] sonic + (3d6+30)[40] fire= 231 x2= 462

4 (16d8+107)[174] physical + (3d6)[5] sonic + (3d6+30)[39] fire= 218 x2= 436

5 (16d8+107)[189] physical + (3d6)[13] sonic + (3d6+30)[38] fire= 240 x2= 480

6 (16d8+107)[195] physical + (3d6)[10] sonic + (3d6+30)[43] fire= 248 x2= 496

7 (16d8+107)[186] physical + (3d6)[10] sonic + (3d6+30)[39] fire= 235 x2= 470

8 (16d8+107)[166] physical + (3d6)[4] sonic + (3d6+30)[41] fire= 211 x2= 422

9 (16d8+107)[175] physical + (3d6)[9] sonic + (3d6+30)[44] fire= 228 x2= 456

10 (16d8+107)[184] physical + (3d6)[10] sonic + (3d6+30)[43] fire= 237 x2= 474

11 (16d8+107)[158] physical + (3d6)[11] sonic + (3d6+30)[46] fire= 215 x2= 430

total: 5016
    Critical Strike

1 (16d8+107)[181] physical + (3d6)[17] sonic + (3d6+30)[40] fire= 238 x2 = 476

2 (16d8+107)[175] physical + (3d6)[4] sonic + (3d6+30)[41] fire= 220 x2= 440

3 (16d8+107)[201] physical + (3d6)[15] sonic + (3d6+30)[35] fire= 251 x2= 502

4 (16d8+107)[163] physical + (3d6)[10] sonic + (3d6+30)[37] fire= 210 x2 = 420

5 (16d8+107)[173] physical + (3d6)[4] sonic + (3d6+30)[38] fire= 215 x2= 430

6 (16d8+107)[172] physical + (3d6)[13] sonic + (3d6+30)[41] fire= 226 x2= 432

7 (16d8+107)[180] physical + (3d6)[14] sonic + (3d6+30)[43] fire= 237 x2= 474

8 (16d8+107)[186] physical + (3d6)[15] sonic + (3d6+30)[44] fire= 245 x2= 490

9 (16d8+107)[174] physical + (3d6)[14] sonic + (3d6+30)[41] fire= 229 x2= 438

10 (16d8+107)[159] physical + (3d6)[12] sonic + (3d6+30)[41] fire= 212 x2= 424

11 (16d8+107)[190] physical + (3d6)[8] sonic + (3d6+30)[41] fire= 239 x2= 478
    Total 2 5004
    Final Total: 10020
    Last edited by Strainseir; 2012-09-17 at 03:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    (18d6+593)[651]

(18d6+413)[483]

(18d6+413)[480]

(18d6+413)[475]

(8d4+299)[322]

(8d4+299)[323]

(8d4+299)[317]

(8d6+299)[323]

That makes 3374 total damage. I truly need optimizing
    Last edited by silphael; 2012-09-17 at 08:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    And the math war takes an unexpected turn

The hole in the sky, despite its nature, is destroyed quite easily under your assaults, apparently no more powerful than Obsidian. With mere moments of concentrated attacks, you work the hold down to a small scar that refuses to be chipped any further. As you whack at the scar to make sure, however, The rest of the sky above shatters. Behind the sky, however, rests not some realm of madness and pain but a second, flawless night sky behind it. Slivers of the sunlit sky rain down from the heavens like fireworks, each one fading out of existence long before it hits the ground.

Up in the sky, however, you see more than the moon and stars. A message has been written across the night sky in faint, glowing letters.

Slinar, Alden:
    Spoiler
    Show

"If you possess the strength to read this portent, know that the Great Wheel requires your strength"
    "The gate to the meeting grounds has opened"
    "May we all survive into the next golden age"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"A test? A freaking test? That was just a freaking test! People died because of that! I hope it's worth it, because if it isn't, they won't be the only one to die..."

21. - Top - End - #51

RedWizardGuy

Alden looked to the sky in disgust. This would not stand. at full speed he returned to the heart of town while gathering his Ki. A white shimmer formed around him and began to spread outward. Reaching into his bag of holding he pulled out handful after handful of diamond dust. When enough was piled at his feet the white shimmering around him surged down into the dust that exploded scattering the the glinting dust of the town like a wall of sparking mist. As his pour reached out the marks of the battle left on his town were washed away. Even the dead were brought back to life restoring the town back to before whatever being decided it this place needed some havoc.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Oh, hey... better now. Should we go, now? Before that, I have something to do."

He then speaks as loud as he can.

"Is a messenger somewhere on this place? I have a message to send..."

If there is one, he gives him a message for his people.

Spoiler
    Show
    To be short, simply something stating that I will be injoinable for a moment, and that I will soon be back.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The town is restored in a matter of moments as wood, clay, blood, and stone all return where they should be and remnants of the flood are wiped clear. New life has returned to those who had drowned and the messengers within the town fight amongst themselves over the right to carry Slinar's message before a single middle-aged man, wearing decorative armor no-doubt indicative to a higher class, steps outside and swears to deliver the message himself.

24. - Top - End - #54

RedWizardGuy

Alden, after returning the town to it's original form, bowed lowly to the massed inhabitants before removing his mask to speak with them. This was a foreign land, so he doubted he would ever be recognized. Then he spoke to the calmly,"Please forgive us for causing undue stress upon your home. We should have attempted to fight in a better location. If I might ask one favor, if you could clear a path I must open a gate so that my companion and I may go and deal with those that released the beast."

Spoiler
    Show

Anyone that looks at my character must now succeed a 42dc will save to not be fascinated by his beauty.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Something like 95% of those assembled seem quite obviously fascinated.

26. - Top - End - #56

RedWizardGuy

Alden waited patiently for the people to step far enough away. Then with a quick moment of focus Alden reached out and opened a hole in reality forming a gate linking this place with the meeting spot in the astral plane. This way he knew exactly where they were going to end up. Once it was ready, Alden turned to his companion Slinar," If you and your ally would head through the gate I would appreciate it."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Here we go, then!"

Following Alden's guidance, Slinar and Phyrsig stepped through the portal...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Most travel through portals happens so quickly that it is hardly worth calling travel at all. It is so immediate and free of sensation that only sages bother referring to the state one is in between the two ends. This "gate", however, is different. You can feel yourself traveling through the astral plane, can feel your astral form dragged around and beyond it, woven through the great wheel with the infectious joy of the heavens and the encroaching dread of the lower planes. You can feel your essence split between the ethereal and material planes before being dragged through a long extent of empty void. When you finally reach your destination, you can tell that this planar path is ancient, an accident that would otherwise never look. After scouring through all of the multiverse, Alden's gate finally reaches its destination, the one place it would otherwise never be able to see.

The meeting ground looks nothing like the astral plane, a large room perhaps a quarter-mile in diameter. Every surface seems to be carved of ivory, down to the pillars that climb up to unseen depths. A large group has already assembled in the area. Fiendish, celestial, and everything in between, the inhabitants seem strong, canny, and armed to the teeth with such weaponry and dweomers that the room is filled with a soft buzz and clashes of metal on metal just from their attempts to move through the room. Up on a raised platform in the center of the room are several gods. Nerull, Ehlonna, Hextor, Pelor, and Bahamut (shrunken in form but still recognizable) stand at attention as they survey the contents of the crowd.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2012-10-01 at 07:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Lightning in his eyes, thunder in his voice, Slinar raises it above the crowd, pointing his gigantic lance toward the assembly of gods.

"I have just one question: Why?"

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Alden smiles lightly under his mask as he floats up into the sky. With folded arms he floats until he comes eye level with the God Nerull. Alden says a good distance back yet still he stares defiantly into the eyes of the reaper,"Greetings old friend. How is Natalia?" he says in a callous tone. He knows full well he is not strong enough to kill a god, not yet anyway.