New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Pshaw, semantics. And more to the point...

How do you expect to burn me, when I'm already on fire?
    Well, if thanqols work in any way like pyro from tf2 does, he can simply airblast you and then set you on fire again.

Also, new thread already? How did I miss an entire thread?
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Mmmm, dat new thread smell. Smells like... Coconut and metal? That can't be right.

Anyhoo, writing update, because why not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've gotten to about 11,500 words without really figuring out what exactly is going on, but I don't think I can go any further without it. All I've got so far is that something native to the alien world brought them there, and the same being is responsible for Pinkie's disappearance. However, I don't know what that thing is, or why it is doing this. This is important information, but I'm really not getting any good ideas.

Also, I loved those PMVs that were linked in the last thread. Beautiful.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34

Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    BTW, you can omit first two now, as they're mostly static and (presently) in a bit more prominent place anyway
    Um... Speaking of being only mostly static, I just checked the original batch and found that it has three that aren't in the OP.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HMICI.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BYAQ6.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F5pc2.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    How did all this fire get in Ponythread? Are we Firethread now? D:

[FFRP] [Slice of Life] Loaf it or Leave it

Spoiler
    Show
    "My... winning charm? You're flattering me, miss Constance. And thank you! The recipes of my family have been perfected and passed down for many years, and we are very proud of them. I was thinking about chatering a few fields for seeds, and having the family cart down some flour while the bakery is getting started."

Fresh looks around a bit, before leaning closer to Constance. "This is embarrassing, but... can you think of a decent name for the store? I want it to be different from the family's main store, The Lovely Loaf, but I'm having trouble with inspiration..." The stallion evidently hasn't yet noticed that Constance has apparently offered to help him buy the building!

Being part of Ponythread again feels... odd. :O
    The fire is traditional! And yeah, it does feel kind of odd.

Edit: @Deadly
    Last edited by Gadora; 2012-08-24 at 12:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

oh god someone make a "pinkie and the brain" reference with this.
    You mean like this?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So checking my utube subscriptions and at long last the creator of the best PMV has updated at long last to post up some full length new content.

I'm not normally a big fan of Fluttershy but this one won me over about a minute in. Course I am a sucker for any Romance language tune, my lack of understanding only heightens the beauty of them. (English is a pretty plot ugly language lets face it)
    I came here to post that. Beautiful bit of editing.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

An old video, but one I've always liked.

CR does a retrospective at the older generations of MLP to show how G4 became the way it was.
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...pective-part-1
    and
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...trospective-g4
    Last edited by PhantomFox; 2012-08-24 at 01:23 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hellos all you wonderful ponies! I am back! Now here is some random ideas I am thinking about putting into a fic. A random ship fic that probably has none of the ponies people expect. One or two more mature fics that can be dark material. And one clop fic for a friend whom enjoys the show. My one main thing for the authors here is what did you find hardest about writting a fanfic?
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Wow. That took forever.

UFO ??? (Somewhere between 13-17)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Twilight,

Today was simply awful! A huge wave of UFOs arrived and the human plane set off to fight them. Next thing I know we're being ordered to get aboard our ship as well. Nothing to it, I thought. Just another simple mission. But no. I heard yammerings from the humans about how their interceptors were being forced to retreat, and that the aliens had landed in the Middle East for emergency repairs.

When we got there the desert was scorching hot as always. But that wasn't the worst part. This UFO was huge! And barely damaged at all I must say. Needless to say their were more aliens then we had ever faced before as well. Even that wasn't the worst part though.

These little gray beasts attacked our minds! Oh poor Daisy and Fancy Pants. Their minds were constantly blasted, going from blinding rage to utter despair and fear. Occasionally they claim they were taken over all together. Though luckily they had ditched their guns in time so nothing happened. They tried to get Octavia too but she shrugged it off effortlessly. Blueblood was sent scurrying for a bit but recovered and rejoined us later. Rose got shot in the head, but luckily my armor and some quick medical attention from Octavia kept her alright. She won't be fighting for the next week though according to the human doctors.

As a result we felt that it was unsafe to keep everypony together. So only a small group consisting of Vinyl Scratch, our tank and I entered the UFO. It was so tedious clearing out that first level. Vinyl learned how to shoot through the teleporters which surprised me. I mean you can never guess what magics some unicorns know. Makes me feel a little jealous in fact. Anyways Vinyl ran out of autocannon shots pretty quickly but after she killed what looked like an alien tank. We cleared most of the second floor and moved onto the third, leaving Blueblood, Spitfire, and Soarin to finish the job. The aliens sent Spitfire into a blind rage allowing one of the aliens to sneak up on her. Luckily Soarin dropped it with one shot to the head!

The third floor was full of tight corridors. We kept the tank guarding the teleporter but one of the aliens sneaked up behind us and blew it apart with a big cannon! It's a good thing this armor I made is so effective or the blast could have ruined my tail! Vinyl and I kept clearing the corridors with little problems. I zapped a few with my stun rod, and rather then be captured the last alien blew himself up. Or missed horribly. Same result either way though!

Weirdly the human disorganization has struck again. Instead of sending our captives to your base they insisted that they come to my base, no matter how many times I told them that we didn't have the facility to hold them! Naturally they died as a result. So now my base is building it's own prison to hold these things. Oh and we need another tank. Things just don't last do they. And after I had just repainted it too. :(

Sincerely,

Rarity Unicorn

So do waves of 4 or 5 UFOs usually happen? And all in the same general area too. My interceptors couldn't shoot any of them down but they landed anyways so I sent both squads in. Rarity's squad got in quick and did that mission take forever! The mind control caused a restart but it only got me once. I did have plenty of other restarts though till I learned how to shoot through teleporters effectively. Oh and that my tank could use them. That made things so much easier.

Anyways the UFOs ran away before Twilight's squad got there and my interceptors were still too damaged/refuelling to do anything. So they didn't get to do anything at all. Still made a ton of money as a result.

Now in research matters I recently got Power Armor. But it requires Elerium-115 to make. Not much but to get everypony with the armor would cost a good 150 Elerium-115. Is this a good investment?

I think I'll repost this report next thread along with the requested screen shots. In the meantime bed.
    The power armor is good but research, I think it's UFO Power Source, and you upgrade it. Are you still relying on basic human weaponry for your interceptors? You won't be able to take on the bigger ships until you upgrade, you were lucky that you managed to get that ship, which I think was a Terror ship, maybe an alien base ship. Hard to tell with the description of three floors, cyberdiscs, and what appears to be a blasterbomb launcher. If that's true be glad the AI sucks, they don't know how to shoot the blasterbomb up the gravlifts (they are gravlifts not teleporters), or there'd be no more Rarity and Vinyl.

Sectoids are one of two races that use psionics, though they aren't too good at it. Try to capture, it's usually a leader, to make your troops much better.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Hellos all you wonderful ponies! I am back! Now here is some random ideas I am thinking about putting into a fic. A random ship fic that probably has none of the ponies people expect. One or two more mature fics that can be dark material. And one clop fic for a friend whom enjoys the show. My one main thing for the authors here is what did you find hardest about writting a fanfic?
    Personally, I think one of the hardest parts of fanfic writing is taking an idea for a fic and plotting out an actual story from it.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Hardest part is to summon the will to sit down and just write, and to not get distracted constantly. In my experience, once you get over those two hurdles things tend to flow nicely in most cases. At least if you have an idea what you're writing and how the story is supposed to move along, if you don't then you need to do some thinking first. I tend to start by writing a brief outline of the chapter I'm writing (or the whole story if it's a short one), just one or two lines for each section so I know the sequence of major events. After that it's just a linear progression from start to finish. That's what works for me, at least.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Hey ponythread, It's me, Scootaloo.

I've got some thing to say to everypony. It's about all those "jokes" about me being a chicken, and being an actual chicken, and that I can't fly because I'm too stupid or deformed or something. And about all those stories where everypony makes me miserable or abused or something.

I... I just want to say...

Spoiler
    Show

Who's laughing now, ya monkeys?

So awesome!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-03-21 at 06:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

I've got some thing to say to everypony. It's about all those "jokes" about me being a chicken, and being an actual chicken, and that I can't fly because I'm too stupid or deformed or something. And about all those stories where everypony makes me miserable or abused or something.

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    /)^3^(\

Good on ya, Scoots. You're way too cool to listen to those meanies

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thanks all. I do have a general idea on the flow but writing it all down will be wonderful.

... >.>;;;; <.<;;;; SCOOOT!
    *Glomps Scoot and carries her off to treat a big tub of ice cream*

Btw I learned something new. On another forums somepony rps as AppleBloom and does a good job. I asked her about how tall ponies are. She provided me with a good example. Most ponies are about three feet tall, and foals about 2 feet tall. Celestia is then roughly five feet tall. So I am about two inches taller then her!! >.>;;;; What can't a pony be happy about somethings.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    Quite nice. If even half of the forward-pointing things on that model are weapons, the craft will pack quite a punch.
    (Ten linear cannons on the wings, four smaller ones in the front hull, dual gatling chin turret, plus six missile tubes. Quite the package.)

Just don't call it a "VTOL Tank", please. A gunship is a gunship.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow, I am so behind that it mysteriously changed into a new thread on me.

Found something relevant to the chicken tank.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    Definitely like this design...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Quite nice. If even half of the forward-pointing things on that model are weapons, the craft will pack quite a punch.
    (Ten linear cannons on the wings, four smaller ones in the front hull, dual gatling chin turret, plus six missile tubes. Quite the package.)

Just don't call it a "VTOL Tank", please. A gunship is a gunship.
    Those four hull things are actually not weapons, but terribly boring searchlights...! Even really high-tech vehicles still want running lights occasionally...

But between the missile launchers (there may be more than six missiles in there...!), the multibarrel phased plasma chin turret, and a heavy-starfighter-grade phased plasma cannon array on the wings, it's gonna punch hard...!

I don't think I've ever called it anything other than a VTOL. ("VTOL tank" isn't something that I've ever heard in wargames terminology.) But yes, it's essentially a VTOL gunship, as opposed to a grav tank (because some grav tanks, like the Strayvian ones, can fly (some, like the Cybertanks are more like hover tanks).

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Definitely like this design...
    Yeah, quite pleased with how that came out myself!

('Course, some of that might be because it's closer to a starfighter/starship, which is more my area of expertise.)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    An old video, but one I've always liked.

CR does a retrospective at the older generations of MLP to show how G4 became the way it was.
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...pective-part-1
    and
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...trospective-g4
    This has been relevant to my interests. And now I see what you guys mean about G1 being "dark."
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

21. - Top - End - #51
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Ground is location not composition!
    Elementals would disagree.

Do we want a tyrant candidate who is racist? Who would slander an slur our good friends because "it's convenient"? I say no!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Pshaw, semantics. And more to the point...

How do you expect to burn me, when I'm already on fire?
    This man here, he has the burning questions Ponythread wants answered!

Vote The Amish Party: less tyranny, more Bwuh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    How did all this fire get in Ponythread? Are we Firethread now? D:
    We have always been firethread. Ever since that incident with the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TIME COMMANDOS. Yup.

Always have been firethread. Don't you remember all those pictures we posted of Flarity, Nightlight Kindle and Applewood Crack? Not to mention poor trembling Gutteringshy and her friend Pinkie Pie.

[FFRP] [Slice of Life] Loaf it or Leave it

Spoiler
    Show
    "My... winning charm? You're flattering me, miss Constance. And thank you! The recipes of my family have been perfected and passed down for many years, and we are very proud of them. I was thinking about chatering a few fields for seeds, and having the family cart down some flour while the bakery is getting started."

Fresh looks around a bit, before leaning closer to Constance. "This is embarrassing, but... can you think of a decent name for the store? I want it to be different from the family's main store, The Lovely Loaf, but I'm having trouble with inspiration..." The stallion evidently hasn't yet noticed that Constance has apparently offered to help him buy the building!
    Blink, blink.

A name? I uh... Hm.
    Loaves and Laughter? Bread and Banter? Wheat and White? Quills and Sofa-- no, that ones taken. Mmm. Names are hard D=

Let's just try and get the building together first. And from the sounds of it you'll need farmland too! The only good fields around belong to the Apple family. Or those Lemonfolk, but we don't talk about them within city limits... Or there are a couple places on the edge of town? Do you have a preference?

Mostly getting all the pieces to flow right. Sometimes a great idea is ruined by not having the right words or coming across funny hen you meant serious or something.

And hey, when you write that clopfic shoot me a link.

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    It's time like this I look at my Turians and go "see? This is why I named you Scootaloo." warp bomb! Overload! Warp bomb! Overload! Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka!

Thanks all. I do have a general idea on the flow but writing it all down will be wonderful.

... >.>;;;; <.<;;;; SCOOOT!
    *Glomps Scoot and carries her off to treat a big tub of ice cream*

Btw I learned something new. On another forums somepony rps as AppleBloom and does a good job. I asked her about how tall ponies are. She provided me with a good example. Most ponies are about three feet tall, and foals about 2 feet tall. Celestia is then roughly five feet tall. So I am about two inches taller then her!! >.>;;;; What can't a pony be happy about somethings.
    Hee~

Yeah, we went over that here, too. We figured out their height sometime around the order season I think? Darth Bobcat did the maths. The real fun in in how proportional the ponies are, I think.

Also, congrats on being taller than the princesses!

Does this mean you're a queen?! *trembles*

22. - Top - End - #52

So, over at the LoL thread someponies brought up a webcomic talking of a Pony MOBA. So using LoL as basis what would be our pony's abilities?

example:

Pony: Fluttershy
    Catagory: Support/Jungler

P: Hidden: when in bushes fluttershy gains increased mana and health regeneration
    Q: Critters: One of Fluttershy's animals arrive at target location for 6 seconds (max 1 animal at rank one, 2 at rank three, 3 at rank five) Animal will prioritize target of fluttershy's auto attack or closest enemy units. 3 sec cooldown
    W: Melodic Voice: heals target friendly unit. If one of Fluttershy's animal recieves heal, it applies a 1.5 sec movement speed slow to its next attack. 10 seconds Cooldown
    E: Cheering: increase target friendly unit's movment and attack speed by 1.5 seconds 8 sec cooldown
    R: Stare: all enemy units in a cone in front of Fluttershy are stunned for 2 seconds and takes damage 180/150/100 sec cooldown
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

What's that, my thread title suggestion became the thread title? For the first time ever?

Oh and since Thanqol brought up Starcraft, I have personal news. My short paper that I was writing for Harvard is now published online. It's all about the law and Starcraft broadcasting. You should read it! Er, that is, if it's not too much of a bother.

Plus, you can learn my name if you didn't know it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    That's me! Always honest!
    Hee hee, ho ho. *wipes away tear* Yes, this is a true statement.

Also, you can totally be burned to the ground if you're in the ground, it just goes through the ground, burns you, and then burns some more ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Squees* my favorite ship (albeit one I think quite unlikely). Twilight looks so happy in that picture, like getting to touch Rainbow's mane is the best thing ever.

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    You've sold me Scoots. How do I place my order?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    Freakin' awesome, Scoots! Grats on the new ride!

Random crackpot theory time!

So. Alicorns. Alicorns come in two varieties: lesser and true. True alicorns are Celestia and Luna. They are the only two we know of so far, at least. True alicorns embody the aspects of all three pony races: The strength and connection to nature of the earth ponies; the flight and connection to the weather of the pegasi; and the magical prowess of the unicorns. The earth pony connection is less obvious, true, but I feel that perhaps the sun and moon can be considered part of nature too.

Then we have lesser alicorns, which only have aspects of two pony races. Princess Cadance is a lesser alicorn, being half unicorn, half pegasus, but with no earth pony traits. And also Prince Blueblood. Yes, the prince is also an alicorn; he is half earth pony, half unicorn, with no pegasus traits. All the royals are alicorns of a sort. But of course, you must be wondering "is there a third lesser alicorn, one who is half earth pony, half pegasus?". Of course there is. Who do we know who has aspects of both races? A pegasus who has a connection to nature, to animals perhaps?

That's right: Fluttershy is the other Princess. She just doesn't know it yet. Why? I don't know. Perhaps her parents gave her up for adoption, or maybe they intend to only tell her when the time is right? Who knows?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Booooring. Fire is so 20 centuries ago. Atomization is the new thing.

I've been thinking, since I live in a projected Isaac path, about how many Pegasi it would take to create a catagory 1 hurricane. 800 wingpower makes a tornado... so... all of them?
    It took 80+ to make a tornado with insane directed suction. By herself Rainbow Dash can create a mini tornado. What's the reason for this discrepancy? It's the control behind the first tornado. It lifted the water up to a very specfic location with almost no spray. It also picked up a ton of water and was rather big. Rainbow Dash's mini tornado was smaller and less controlled, picking up up anything small and loose. It was also less powerful.

All in all I don't think it would take that many more pegasi then Ponyville has to create a category 1 hurricane. As long as they didn't have to control it.

Oh and I have it as head-canon that pony magic works under a resonance theory. The bonds between the ponies make their magic stronger then they would on their own when they are working together. The stronger the relationship between ponies also increases the strength of each other's magic. This was a big reason on why Fluttershy did so much better in the finale Hurricane Fluttershy. Her bond with Rainbow Dash helped increase her own wingpower while Rainbow Dash's own wingpower also increased.

Rainbow Dash's pep-talks were part of trying to increase the resonance rate between the Ponyville Pegasi. This also explains why Fluttershy seems to be a stronger flyer around Rainbow Dash in general.

Well that was a lot of head-canon

My team's stats in X-com

Squad 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Squad 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Also

Terror Attack-2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Our plane had practically just arrived at base when we recived word that the aliens had launched an attack on Budapest. Even though that was right by Rarity's base, they requested for our squad to be sent in since they were still down a tank and had a wounded pony. We rushed to refuel and rearm as fast as possible and I take comfort in the fact that we launched again in record time.

Still Budapest was a mess. The Sectoids had launched a full out invasion and were slaughtering humans indiscriminately. Apparently the fact that the aliens had targeted Budapest threw off the human intelligence who were expecting an invasion in the Middle East, considering all the activity there. Personally I think that the humans don't know what they're doing. Its a good thing we're here to protect them.

The Sectoid invasion force was smaller then the last one. They had these weird cyber-disc tanks which took a lot of fire power to drop. They tended to explode when they were finished off too. They didn't prove to hard to defeat however as they were more interested in shooting at humans then protecting themselves against us.

The psionic attacks showed another appearence today as well. They targeted you initially and though you seemed to fight them off, you refused to join the battle in case they succeeded at a later date. They attacked me as well later on sending me into a panic. It was awful Celestia! My mind was filled full of images of Discord returning and Equestria being laid to waste. I was forced to watch as he turned you into a mockery of yourself. I collapsed crying, but luckily the mission went on without me.

Our tank was destroyed as it scouted though it soaked up an impressive amount of firepower first and dropped at least three of the aliens by itself. I'm not too clear on the final details of the battle but to my understanding Applejack's team was checking to see if we had finished off the last of the Sectoid forces when two of them literally appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the street. One was quickly gunned down and Big Mac shot the other, through one window, through a building, and through another window to the head. Somehow in the surprise somepony shot Princess Luna by mistake. It was a bad injury but Rainbow Dash and Cadance rushed in to apply some first aid. I suspect Shiny was the pony who shot her judging by his guilty expression. He won't talk to me about it though.

Princess Luna's injury was really bad though. They rushed her to the medical bay for surgery to remove the bullet. If it weren't for Rarity's armor it's likely that shot would have killed her. As a result Princess Luna is out injured for another twenty-three days. As before Fluttershy will be taking her position on the squad.

So far this month all of the attacks have been done by the Sectoids. I wonder if this is because we captured their friends? The humans won't talk about it but I overheard one of them muttering how the aliens have unlimited numbers and that we need something more to protect Earth. In good news a new base is under construction is someplace called China, near Hong Kong. I wonder who will be summoned to help guard that base?

Your Faithful Student,
    Twilight Sparkle
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Well, if thanqols work in any way like pyro from tf2 does, he can simply airblast you and then set you on fire again.

Also, new thread already? How did I miss an entire thread?
    Since TF2 and ponys and TF2 ponies are in fashion now, I add my own TF2 ponies.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So awesome!
    You are hereby awarded one Win, to be used as you please.

Seriously, this is awesome. What's left over for Dash, though?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

My team's stats in X-com
    Heh, very nice. I note that Pinkie Pie has the highest bravery. I guess she giggles at the ghosties aliens.

A pony picture, because why not?
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, I'm feeling generous, have another.
    Spoiler
    Show

This song has been stuck in my head for a week now.

And I don't give a flying feather.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

My team's stats in X-com

Squad 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Squad 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Ouch, most of your team has some pretty bad stats. When/if you can get it, maybe psyionics will make it up to you. Who knows.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    *Squees* my favorite ship (albeit one I think quite unlikely). Twilight looks so happy in that picture, like getting to touch Rainbow's mane is the best thing ever.
    Rainbow's mane is best mane ^^

I don't consider it unlikely, quite the opposite. Twilight and Dash are the only two who we know are the very best at what they do, not just in Ponyville but apparently all of Equestria, and perhaps even the best there has been in at least a thousand years, if Celestia's words are to be taken seriously.

They are both truly exceptional, one of a kind in their respective fields, likely to become legends. Their friends may be good at what they do, but we have no indication that they are the best in all of Equestria or anything at all close to that. Applejack didn't win a single first prize in Canterlot, for example. She's probably good, clearly the best rodeo pony in Ponyville, but she's not the best in all of Equestria.

So the way I see it, both Dash and Twilight may find it hard to find others who they can truly relate to and understand the way they could relate to each other. And with Dash's new love of reading they even have a common interest and an excuse to spend more time together.

I consider it one of the more realistic ships.