New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Have we ever discussed the possibility of Equestria being a demon planet in the Eye of Terror? I think I might have brought this up once, but it's probably a long time ago. I mean, some of the happenings in Ponyville can only be attributed to chaos.
    I think it's come up before in the thread (or maybe I just had the same idea at some point, not sure). Celestia and Luna are minor deities sustained by their subjects, and Discord is an Undivided or Tzeentchian Daemon Prince... The propensity of ponies to have complete breakdowns in the vein of Lesson Zero and Party of One could be due to being surrounded by the Warp rather than a quirk of pony psychology, and being inside the Eye would explain the strange wildlife and inconsistent physics.

It's a bit difficult to believe such a peaceful land as Equestria wouldn't be quickly overrun by servants of the greater gods, but one could suppose Tzeentch is keeping it hidden from the others while he studies the miniature equine's ability to harness the magic of friendship... Just about plausible, I think.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-09-05 at 04:58 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I can't see any of the pictures, the links are apparently broken (or my computer!)
    Tarnation! I pasted the wrong links. Okay, I fixed the original post now. Sorry 'bout that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    O ye of little faith!
    Don't use yer fancy sorcery to muddy the issue. We be ponies of science!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I dislike the notion of extinction at that level, but it's a natural consequence of mapping Equestria to earth rather than earth to Equestria. The nature of the light is important but that's a plot-pull of later discussion.
    I do agree on that point, as my argument would be based on the idea that the ponies are basically controlling weather and movement of celestial objects, but not changing the nature of their physical abilities. If their magic does replace what we know of with natural sciences, then I would be wrong in my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Ok I'm sorry, things were just getting a little too argumentative for my taste for a disscussion over cartoon physics. I just was hoping we could tone it down a bit.
    Can do!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1263

So I can share with the new part 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah! So now we see the plot that began the relationship between the shakey young colt and the innocent loving princess.

"...haha, triple entendre!"

Have we ever discussed the possibility of Equestria being a demon planet in the Eye of Terror?
    I don't recall seeing such such a conversation if it happened, but since I was also looking up something in the Elder Scrolls game history, I'm now thinking of Equestria being a realm of Oblivion. >_>
    Hmmm, Celestia as a daedra prince...
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Interesting. Both Strategos and Anarion came up with lists that are like mine except with Pinkie and Rarity switched, but neither so much as mentioned the fact. Evidence continues to accumulate...
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Just searched deviant Art, they only made a ponymod for Fallout 2 only turns the player =/, haven't really found for the other games yet.
    Huh, hadn't heard about any old-fallout mods. That could work a lot better than the few bits I've seen for Skyrim and Fallout3 and so on, I would imagine. Will have to have a look.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

Everypony who may not remember it let me remind you of the joy that is Book Fortress:

Spoiler
    Show

So I can share with the new part 2:

Spoiler
    Show

Now with 20% more dancing Shining Armor
    See, if that happened to me, I would have probably just kicked the fortress down and walked pass.

I had a pretty rough-and-tumble relationship with my siblings.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    See, if that happened to me, I would have probably just kicked the fortress down and walked pass.

And that's undoubtedly why your sister doesn't sing an awesome song about you and you relationship with her.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

And that's undoubtedly why your sister doesn't sing an awesome song about you and you relationship with her.
    Throwing her against the wall was a sign that I loved her.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Throwing her against the wall was a sign that I loved her.
    I'm just going to say that wasn't funny and move along...

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just going to say that wasn't funny and move along...
    Play-fighting. We did a lot of play-fighting when we were younger. Like I said, "Rough-and-tumble", not to give you the wrong idea.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, I just had a thought, and I have to know whether it already exists or not.
    Is there a ponified version of the Team America: World Police theme? Because I can almost hear it right now...

Equestria!
    BUCK YEAH!
    Friendship is the only way yeah...
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Ah! So now we see the plot that began the relationship between the shakey young colt and the innocent loving princess.

"...haha, triple entendre!"
    Beautiful. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    you ponies are so boring
    *turns to leave*
    *stops abruptly*
    wait, you have "unacceptable levels of collateral damage"?
    To be honest, that was my reaction as well. Frankly I'm more than a little scared to think of the level of destruction that the professor would consider "unacceptable".
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ....Just searched deviant Art, they only made a ponymod for Fallout 2 only turns the player =/, haven't really found for the other games yet.
    I heard that they were recruiting people to make a full out Fallout Equestria game.

For me my siblings would have likely just walked around the fortress (kitchen has two entrances) or sent the giant dogs of doom to knock it down. Or ignored me. Really it depends on the sibling.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    To be honest, that was my reaction as well. Frankly I'm more than a little scared to think of the level of destruction that the professor would consider "unacceptable".

I'm mostly amused that a pony who claims to be on the side of righteousness would entertain the idea of there being such a thing as acceptable levels of collatoral damage.

It's so refreshingly callous. Not altogether unsuprising though, I did see what he did to Canterlot.

16. - Top - End - #1276

Ponythread a challenge!

I challenge all of you to find me a more relevant picture then this:

Spoiler
    Show

I don't think it can be done... also click for huge vector version
    Isn't there a picture around here of Scootaloo riding a shark that has lazers attached to it, and Scootaloo is also holding a lazer gun?

@Thubby: If you leave, you will lose a vital source of food. Me. :P

EDIT: This is far more relevant, but I don't think it counts since it's a video.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-09-05 at 10:54 AM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post

For me my siblings would have likely just walked around the fortress (kitchen has two entrances) or sent the giant dogs of doom to knock it down. Or ignored me. Really it depends on the sibling.
    Being the eldest has it's perks, I must say.

I do remember making forts out of VCR cases fairly often. We always had a ton of live action/animated films. Still do actually... only in DVD form.

I miss videos, forts just don't feel the same when they're made out of DVD cases. .-.

18. - Top - End - #1278

My daughter occasionally creates "impenetrable walls" that I cannot pass. So I just roll up my sleeves and counter by grabbing one of her three four Pinkie Pies and attack with a Dance Fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

...I usually lose anyway.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

I'm mostly amused that a pony who claims to be on the side of righteousness would entertain the idea of there being such a thing as acceptable levels of collatoral damage.

It's so refreshingly callous. Not altogether unsuprising though, I did see what he did to Canterlot.
    First of all, compared to the body-snatching cult leader and the eldritch abomination, the professor is on the side of righteousness. Granted, it would be more accurate to say that he’s closer to something vaguely resembling what might be construed as the side of righteousness than they are, but still.

Secondly, the professor wasn't entirely responsible for what happened to Canterlot. There were a number of other parties blowing things up left and right there, one of whom had rigged the entire city to blow up ahead of time.

My daughter occasionally creates "impenetrable walls" that I cannot pass. So I just roll up my sleeves and counter by grabbing one of her three four Pinkie Pies and attack with a Dance Fight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Let's be honest, though, when something results in a Pinkie Pie Dance Fight, everypony wins.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

Quick thought of the day. (Of which I don't get often.)

Have we ever discussed the possibility of Equestria being a demon planet in the Eye of Terror? I think I might have brought this up once, but it's probably a long time ago. I mean, some of the happenings in Ponyville can only be attributed to chaos.
    Well, this would explain all the crazy physics, since the Eye of Terror is pretty much free reign for "anything works, no matter how crazy it is!" Equestria isn't really in keeping with any of the four major chaos gods though. Certainly not Nergle, given the lack of decay or corruption, and not Khorne, given the lack of conflict. Tzeentch is always possible because anything can fit into a crazy complex plot somehow, but I don't really see a good one here, and Slaanesh is probably the most likely, since even sincere joy is a form of indulgence.

I don't recall seeing such such a conversation if it happened, but since I was also looking up something in the Elder Scrolls game history, I'm now thinking of Equestria being a realm of Oblivion. >_>
    Oh this could work too. Although Celestia would need to be a Daedra princess, of course. But the power level seems pretty close to correct, with Discord being a more crazy Daedra like Sheogorrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Interesting. Both Strategos and Anarion came up with lists that are like mine except with Pinkie and Rarity switched, but neither so much as mentioned the fact. Evidence continues to accumulate...
    I did read your list, sorry I didn't cite you. Our line of reasoning was a bit different, and I thought switching Pinkie and Rarity was a big enough difference that they weren't really similar. Particularly since I derived my trait for Pinkie near the end after assigning Rarity for totally different reasons.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #1281

Got the John De Lancie voice message, he changed a couple words but it was great. Now I just need to find some file share site.

Still no word on sketch :(
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone have any ideas for Nale's cutie mark?

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Firbolg in the Playground

Naw, Discord is the prince, Celestia is one of those opposite creatures that rarly show up in the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Anyone have any ideas for Nale's cutie mark?
    A bolt of green magic crossed with a red sword to show his multiclassing. And evilness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    A bolt of green magic crossed with a red sword to show his multiclassing. And evilness.
    Thanks, any ideas for Sabine's?

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

To be honest, if you...

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]
    Let's be honest, though, when something results in a Pinkie Pie Dance Fight, everypony wins.

Yeah, that.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Isn't there a picture around here of Scootaloo riding a shark that has lazers attached to it, and Scootaloo is also holding a lazer gun?
    You mean this:

Spoiler
    Show

Pretty good but as awesome as Scootaloo is, Fausticorn is more relevant any day.

EDIT: This is far more relevant, but I don't think it counts since it's a video.
    Hah Hah a valiant effort. Oh Ocarina of Time may we never be without your madly beautiful music.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-09-05 at 03:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

Grammar Nazis needed

So I sent my story II off to EqD. I seem to get all the very strict prereaders who like to focus on punctuation and such other issues. It's so tedious

So I need help combing through the story. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below are some specific issues I got in response, along with my own comments.

Spoiler
    Show
    You’ve a serious issue with obnoxiously stacked descriptors in your opening pages.
    What what? Anyone able to point out what "obnoxiously stacked descriptors" this might be refering to?

Comma splices. This is a pretty chronic issue, and you’ve really got to address it.
    Ah! Comma splices! Please! Please! Please look for these especially! Comb every line! Let's remove every comma and replace it with full stops! Death to all sentences longer than 10 words!

Kidding, or course, but do look for them. Comma splices annoy me because worrying about them makes me remove lots of probably perfectly acceptable commas and replace them with full stops, resulting in very short lines and a story that reads in parts as if it was written for small children.

Worrying about these damn trivialities of punctuation really cramps my writing and turns it from something fluid and creative into a boring drudgery.

This is why there are editors, dammit![/rant!]

Italicize direct thoughts.
    I'll be looking for these myself too, but if you notice any direct thoughts that aren't properly italicized or something, do let me know.

of the living,” he said while working
    Missing comma. This is something of a chronic issue for you.
    I can not for the life of me find any missing comma there. Anyone care to illuminate me?

It was breathtaking.
    You really want to be careful with casual narration. You’re writing from 3rd person omniscient here, and so want to say objective unless directly relaying a character perspective. Be aware of the line as you carry on.
    I have no idea what that comment is trying to tell me. I wasn't aware that I was writing omniscient, as far as I'm aware everything so far has been strictly limited to Dash's perspective, only those things she knows or can observe. This particular case is definitely not omniscient, it's just Dash' personal opinion. I mean, 'It was breathtaking' isn't something you need to be omniscient to think.

Am I missing something there?

28. - Top - End - #1288

You mean this:

Spoiler
    Show
    I just realized, if you watch the GIF while playing the music I posted, than you gaze into one of the 12 hearts of awesomeness.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-09-05 at 03:57 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Stupid Skeleton! Uhhhhggg! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...ykon-325366154
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...loak-325351301 Redcloak
    MITD-http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/M...fied-325332744
    and The one and only Belkar Bitterleaf! http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...-WAR-325000257
    Out of the blue I show up with art. I love Ponifiying things.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/H...fied-324734385
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Elan-324688093
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/E...ddle-324748159

(Sorry That I just linked it, they are far too big to put here as an image, even in a spoiler box)
    And now V. But I'm not super happy with this one. Not androgynous enough.
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...vius-324948639
    Durkon- http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...rkon-324984292
    http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/Group-Shot-325193295 They be all together!
    (Find the rest through here)

Nale:http://asdflove.deviantart.com/art/P...Nale-325503348

30. - Top - End - #1290

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Grammar Nazis needed

So I sent my story II off to EqD. I seem to get all the very strict prereaders who like to focus on punctuation and such other issues. It's so tedious

So I need help combing through the story. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below are some specific issues I got in response, along with my own comments.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kidding, or course, but do look for them. Comma splices annoy me because worrying about them makes me remove lots of probably perfectly acceptable commas and replace them with full stops, resulting in very short lines and a story that reads in parts as if it was written for small children.

Worrying about these damn trivialities of punctuation really cramps my writing and turns it from something fluid and creative into a boring drudgery.

This is why there are editors, dammit![/rant!]
    Comma splices are actually very simple. You can say "I ran. I escaped." You can also say "I ran; I escaped." But if you say "I ran, I escaped," then it's a comma splice. Joining two independent clauses (complete ideas) with only a comma is considered a no-no. There certainly are cases where I'd consider such a phrasing acceptable, but if it's a deal-breaker at EqD then it's certainly worth keeping in mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can not for the life of me find any missing comma there. Anyone care to illuminate me?
    I don't think it's actually missing, but I know people who would claim you need a comma between "said" and "while".

Not having read the story, I couldn't say much to the other issues.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!