New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Personally, I took that to mean;
    - don't have posts that are just RP
    - keep it spoiler'd
    - keep it respectful

As opposed to NO RP NOT NOW NOT EVER. But I suppose we should ask.
    You guys probably could work together and write your own story from your rp alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Guys. Seriously.

The RP in this thread is getting remarkably tedious.

We have a perfectly good freeform RP subforum, and you've been asked by the mods to take it elsewhere. Please do so.
    My only comment to you is that warning seemed to be over... 15 days, and at least 3 threads ago. Not that it isn't worth respecting, but it seems like the Mods might have said something a bit more recent or done something if they still considered it a problem.

The actual reason I'm posting is to say this: You guys pick -the- most obscure names. 525.600 Ponies? That just seems.... odd. Even for you people.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I took that to mean;
    - don't have posts that are just RP
    - keep it spoiler'd
    - keep it respectful

As opposed to NO RP NOT NOW NOT EVER. But I suppose we should ask.
    Well, KPenguin has been in and out of the thread repeatedly since then, I think.

Though, far as I can see, given the current state of the interminable Boffinspark / Silent Night thing, it's possibly time to say "The End" or finally allow it to graduate to it's own thread in the Freeform RP section, because when the sun is transformed into wildly opposing energy forms twice at least within the space of a single post-and-response, it's probably time to admit it's grown too big to sit around as mere background colour.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Modguin: Persistent roleplay in the discussion forums are generally discouraged. If you have a long running roleplay that's grown beyond the vague bounds of a silly aside, it would be best to move it to the freeform RP forum.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    You guys probably could work together and write your own story from your rp alone...
    Possibly.

My only comment to you is that warning seemed to be over... 15 days, and at least 3 threads ago. Not that it isn't worth respecting, but it seems like the Mods might have said something a bit more recent or done something if they still considered it a problem.

The actual reason I'm posting is to say this: You guys pick -the- most obscure names. 525.600 Ponies? That just seems.... odd. Even for you people.
    Actually, that post was almost entirely ignored, as RP starte again six posts later. And...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Well, KPenguin has been in and out of the thread repeatedly since then, I think.
    KPenguin not having seen it does not mean its okay. I fouls that out with "but I've posted semi-saucy pictures before!". Luckily that sounds like hyperbole. <_<

Though, far as I can see, given the current state of the interminable Boffinspark / Silent Night thing, it's possibly time to say "The End" or finally allow it to graduate to it's own thread in the Freeform RP section, because when the sun is transformed into wildly opposing energy forms twice at least within the space of a single post-and-response, it's probably time to admit it's grown too big to sit around as mere background colour.
    That does, admittedly, deviate so wildly from anything established for my little pony whatsoever that your inherent quadrupedalness does not make it relevant enough for the thread. Well, for being a mainstay of the thread; we don't really have a specific number of degrees separation before something is non-pony.

EDIT: Pinkie'd by a Penguin. Yowza.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-25 at 08:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perhaps we can create our own RP server for the people of our little forum here
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post
    Perhaps we can create our own RP server for the people of our little forum here
    You don't need a server. There's another section called "Free-Form Roleplaying." You all could make the thread there and Trixie can link it in the OP.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2012-08-25 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Wrong "Their
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    The Modguin: Persistent roleplay in the discussion forums are generally discouraged. If you have a long running roleplay that's grown beyond the vague bounds of a silly aside, it would be best to move it to the freeform RP forum.
    Speak of the Devil... well, speak of the Penguin, anyway.

If they do that, these threads might actually last longer than a week!

Seriously, [you guys] go through [threads] like Copy Paper.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Don't bet on it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The ponysanity will simply find another vessel. There is no stopping the ponythread. It was always posting since the world was....coasting? Yeah, I think that little joke died out.

Also, ya'll need to listen to more musicals. I, for one, get the title just fine, being the cultured and upstanding gentlepony I am.

*adjusts top hat and hipster-monocle*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

So a change of subject is needed? Time for some more DISCUSSION TIME!

What are the Equestrian equivalents of major spectator sports? Are there separate sports for each race? One major sport which requires specific race combinations? How would this sport work?

GO!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post

What are the Equestrian equivalents of major spectator sports? Are there separate sports for each race? One major sport which requires specific race combinations? How would this sport work?

GO!
    I envision a major sport would be something like team handball, and unicorns can only use magic if they are the goalie. That way Unicorns and Pegasi don't have an overwhelming advantage, since they cannot move while they have the ball.

A cool unicorn activity to me would be war games like Warhammer where the board pieces are animated by the Unicorns.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

I could totally see telekinetic wrestling or something for unicorns.

No I don't know how it would work but it would be awesome.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Part of me imagines some Equestrian equivalent of Quittich.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Telekinetic Sumo?

Part of me imagines some Equestrian equivalent of Quittich.
    It would be a cool pegasus sport IMO. It would be a little unfair for earth ponies.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-08-25 at 09:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Horse-race gambling.

Two sports - or, at least, entertainments - in one: some ponies race, and others bet on how well they'll do.

Not a wholesome trotting-race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the... I don't actually have any idea how to adapt that.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

GO!
    Hoofball: Actualy uses a literal baby pig as the ball. Banned in some places due to animal cruelty laws.

Stormbrewing: Two pegusi fly in a generaly small area dictated by a ring around them on the ground. Both pegusi attempt to create strong winds to push there rival outside the ring without getting pushed out themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, I'm from Chicago, bro. Not the philistines."
    That whole thing was amusing. But this, this line right here, pure beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    A sad day indeed. Sadder still that as the years go on, we might once again see a day when no living man has walked on the surface of another world.
    This is only true because we're getting really good at shooting giant robots around.

That said, both losses are sad, and I'm glad to see ponythread remembering them.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Rainbow Dash as a mother:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't see it playing out that way. I think Dash would take being called boring as a personal affront, and instead of feeling bad alone afterwards, she'd call the filly back over and come up with something fun to do instead.

Geez, I totally knew this would happen. It's a reference to the song from Rent where they talk about measuring a year in terms of love. Why use it now, you ask? Well, this is thread 52 and there are 52 weeks in a year. Since thread 12 already passed already, and thread 365 (and 1/4) is a ways away, this seemed like a good time.

GO!
    I actually would guess that horseraces aren't especially popular, in the same way that track and field is only popular in the real world during the Olympics. I would guess there is some kind of Pegasus game that is something like soccer+Quidditch. It would also be pretty cool if there was a unicorn-style basketball game where everypony is teleporting all over the place and levitating the ball around as they go back and forth trying to score. Also, we've seen American footballs (Applejack and Dash kicked them during Running of the Leaves) so something like that exists.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Well time for the darkest LP update yet! Don't worry nopony died but....

UFO-21
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to the aliens were controlling me! And you don't need to worry about me. I know you were only being controlled and you didn't want to harm me. I could see it in your eyes.

What? Yes I know you can hear me, you've got the bed beside me remember? I don't think it's hypocritical at all! You're Princess Celestia and shooting at you is the worst thing I could ever do! I'm just a normal pony.

T-thank you Princess-I mean Celestia. I-um. I didn't realize I was so important to you. Well, s-sorry again.

Yes I have written that all done why? Well the parts I've spoken anyways.

If you want I can scribble it out.

Alright if you're sure.

Ahem. Now where was I?

Right. Today the humans discovered an alien base in the Middle East. They must of set it up during that big wave of ships. Our squad was in better condition then Rarity's so we were sent in. On the way a large UFO was spotted heading towards the base. It landed nearby and began to ferry supplies to the base. The humans decided that we should take out the UFO first and attack the base later.

This mission was a literal nightmare. Honestly I never should have moved in after that first mental attack. But they didn't attack for a little while so I decided to risk it. I'm sorry.

Sorry sorry! Won't happen again I promise Prin- I mean Celestia. So we clear out the guards in front, with Rainbow Dash dropping two and Pinkie dropping one. Then we split into three groups. One group holding the ship consisting of everypony without armor plus our tank, one group of you, me and Applejack, and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in the last group. They took one entrance while we took the other.

Applejack went ahead when the two of us more or less went crazy just inside the entrance. You tried dropping me initially with the stun rod but I am apparently immune to electricity, since you tired again later when you briefly broke free of their control. While we were in their control we were forced to fire upon each other again and again. It was awful. That's all I'm going to say about that. Well I can't remember too much of it to be sure, but it's haunted my dreams since. I do remember Fluttershy rushing in with my medikit and treating our injuries.

Meanwhile Pinkie and Rainbow Dash had a great time. Well so Rainbow Dash won't shut up about. Apparently they handled it like it was nothing, just Pinkie gunning down aliens left and right while she dodged the bullets and captured them with her bare hooves. And not her stun rod. Anyways that part of the ship was the Sectoid's main living quarters.

Applejack on the other hand just calmly walked through the ship. She went through one door, zapped the Sectoid right in front. Waited a bit, reopen the door and zapped it's friend that came to help it. She then calmly walked through the corridors til one of the aliens blew itself up again. She was only partially caught in the blast and entirely unharmed. She then walked in and zapped the leader.

The humans were pretty ecstatic about that. We've finally captured aleader and research has begun on it. I'm not sure why.

Okay how was that?

Thanks Celestia.

Sure I'll stop writing now.

Both Twilight and Celestia are wounded for a good ten days. And I'm not sure what to do about the alien base. Should I send in Rarity's team even though they can't take prisoners? Can Twilight's team even take prisoners now? What happens when you fill up a containment center? Should I wait the ten days?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Both Twilight and Celestia are wounded for a good ten days. And I'm not sure what to do about the alien base. Should I send in Rarity's team even though they can't take prisoners? Can Twilight's team even take prisoners now? What happens when you fill up a containment center? Should I wait the ten days?
    Two words:

ZERG. RUSH.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The ponysanity will simply find another vessel. There is no stopping the ponythread. It was always posting since the world was....coasting? Yeah, I think that little joke died out.
    We didn't start the posting
    I've been a brony
    Since they first showed me pony

Also, ya'll need to listen to more musicals. I, for one, get the title just fine, being the cultured and upstanding gentlepony I am.

Culture clash; the point in the middle makes it look different.

Like the chi warrior fight from Big Trouble, Little China of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That whole thing was amusing. But this, this line right here, pure beauty.
    *curtsy* I aim to please.

This is only true because we're getting really good at shooting giant robots around.

That said, both losses are sad, and I'm glad to see ponythread remembering them.
    Indeed, the number of people who don't get why it's important is the surest sign of sorrow.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well time for the darkest LP update yet! Don't worry nopony died but....

UFO-21
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to the aliens were controlling me! And you don't need to worry about me. I know you were only being controlled and you didn't want to harm me. I could see it in your eyes.

What? Yes I know you can hear me, you've got the bed beside me remember? I don't think it's hypocritical at all! You're Princess Celestia and shooting at you is the worst thing I could ever do! I'm just a normal pony.

T-thank you Princess-I mean Celestia. I-um. I didn't realize I was so important to you. Well, s-sorry again.

Yes I have written that all done why? Well the parts I've spoken anyways.

If you want I can scribble it out.

Alright if you're sure.

Ahem. Now where was I?

Right. Today the humans discovered an alien base in the Middle East. They must of set it up during that big wave of ships. Our squad was in better condition then Rarity's so we were sent in. On the way a large UFO was spotted heading towards the base. It landed nearby and began to ferry supplies to the base. The humans decided that we should take out the UFO first and attack the base later.

This mission was a literal nightmare. Honestly I never should have moved in after that first mental attack. But they didn't attack for a little while so I decided to risk it. I'm sorry.

Sorry sorry! Won't happen again I promise Prin- I mean Celestia. So we clear out the guards in front, with Rainbow Dash dropping two and Pinkie dropping one. Then we split into three groups. One group holding the ship consisting of everypony without armor plus our tank, one group of you, me and Applejack, and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in the last group. They took one entrance while we took the other.

Applejack went ahead when the two of us more or less went crazy just inside the entrance. You tried dropping me initially with the stun rod but I am apparently immune to electricity, since you tired again later when you briefly broke free of their control. While we were in their control we were forced to fire upon each other again and again. It was awful. That's all I'm going to say about that. Well I can't remember too much of it to be sure, but it's haunted my dreams since. I do remember Fluttershy rushing in with my medikit and treating our injuries.

Meanwhile Pinkie and Rainbow Dash had a great time. Well so Rainbow Dash won't shut up about. Apparently they handled it like it was nothing, just Pinkie gunning down aliens left and right while she dodged the bullets and captured them with her bare hooves. And not her stun rod. Anyways that part of the ship was the Sectoid's main living quarters.

Applejack on the other hand just calmly walked through the ship. She went through one door, zapped the Sectoid right in front. Waited a bit, reopen the door and zapped it's friend that came to help it. She then calmly walked through the corridors til one of the aliens blew itself up again. She was only partially caught in the blast and entirely unharmed. She then walked in and zapped the leader.

The humans were pretty ecstatic about that. We've finally captured aleader and research has begun on it. I'm not sure why.

Okay how was that?

Thanks Celestia.

Sure I'll stop writing now.

You definitely want to wait until you can capture more aliens, You'll need to capture commanders at one point anyways. Probably will want to recover/research Stun Bombs if you haven't already; it's a lot safer and easier than stun rods.

For your sake, I hope it's either a Muton(as they're generally easy, alongside their terror unit), or Floater(as they're pretty much the weakest, and their terror unit isn't too much of a threat either) base. May *deity* have mercy on your soul if it's a snakeman(because of the terror unit) or Ethereal(not going to spoil them if you haven't met them) base. Sectoids are kinda middleish on whether you want to do a base of them.

You'll want to upgrade your tanks before you consider attacking too. To at least a LaserTank, if not a Hover-Plasma (can give research tree if you want). I'm working off the assumption you are using requisitioned tanks. Training psionics may not be to bad of an idea either, if you are willing to wait long enough to start the program before attacking (that's looking at the realm of 2 months before you'd be willing, it is worth it though).
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

22. - Top - End - #172
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
    I am watching it, I am expressing confusion on the fact that the show is actually good.

EDIT: Bewilderment is a better term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You of course realize its much too late... but this may help you understand:

Spoiler
    Show

WE ARE THE HERD.
    LOWER YOUR SHIELDS AND SURRENDER YOUR MEDIA DEVICES.
    WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN
    YOUR SOCIAL LIFE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US.

By the time you're posting on Ponythread, the seeds of corruption have already been planted, and conversion is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    So did anyone go to Everfree NW? I know it was about a week ago, but I just got done watching the Guys of MLP panel and the CMC panel and I recommend watching them both if you haven't already because they are hilarious.
    I attended, and actually wrote a report of the first day for ponythread. To borrow the words of our favorite polychromatic pegasus, it was /)^3^(\ So Awesome!

GO!
    The only thing that I can really think of is some kind of rally-style racing. A cloud obstacle course, something like that.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You definitely want to wait until you can capture more aliens, You'll need to capture commanders at one point anyways. Probably will want to recover/research Stun Bombs if you haven't already; it's a lot safer and easier than stun rods.

For your sake, I hope it's either a Muton(as they're generally easy, alongside their terror unit), or Floater(as they're pretty much the weakest, and their terror unit isn't too much of a threat either) base. May *deity* have mercy on your soul if it's a snakeman(because of the terror unit) or Ethereal(not going to spoil them if you haven't met them) base. Sectoids are kinda middleish on whether you want to do a base of them.

You'll want to upgrade your tanks before you consider attacking too. To at least a LaserTank, if not a Hover-Plasma (can give research tree if you want). I'm working off the assumption you are using requisitioned tanks. Training psionics may not be to bad of an idea either, if you are willing to wait long enough to start the program before attacking (that's looking at the realm of 2 months before you'd be willing, it is worth it though).
    Well considering the Sectoid 'theme' of this month I'm almost positive that it's going to be a Sectoid base.

So what does happen when you fill up an Alien Containment Facility? Are the old ones just kicked out?

I don't think I will upgrade my tanks before going in. Well unless that just leads me to getting curbstomped. I'm definatly not waiting for psionics to come in. 2 months is far too long.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #174

Well considering the Sectoid 'theme' of this month I'm almost positive that it's going to be a Sectoid base.

So what does happen when you fill up an Alien Containment Facility? Are the old ones just kicked out?

I don't think I will upgrade my tanks before going in. Well unless that just leads me to getting curbstomped. I'm definatly not waiting for psionics to come in. 2 months is far too long.
    Not sure, I never really have filled Containments for some reason, I think you can sell the live aliens just like the corpses, not sure. If the base is close enough, you can pick off it's supply ships and keep the nations happy while you build your forces. Be careful, bases are a whole nother ballgame compared to Terror missions, or any crashed/landed ship you've had to deal with.

Edit,I think researching the aliens cleans up your containment unit.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-08-26 at 12:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Stormbrewing: Two pegusi fly in a generaly small area dictated by a ring around them on the ground. Both pegusi attempt to create strong winds to push there rival outside the ring without getting pushed out themselves.
    In the IRC, two of the pegasus PCs have played a game where they both spin up mini-twisters and send them at each other, battling tops style.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Not sure, I never really have filled Containments for some reason, I think you can sell the live aliens just like the corpses, not sure. If the base is close enough, you can pick off it's supply ships and keep the nations happy while you build your forces. Be careful, bases are a whole nother ballgame compared to Terror missions, or any crashed/landed ship you've had to deal with.

Edit,I think researching the aliens cleans up your containment unit.
    I see. Does this mean that all the solider Sectoids take a total of 1?

Also how early are bases normally found. You're talking about all this crazy research like laser tanks but I'm only in the third month of the game.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Speak of the Devil... well, speak of the Penguin, anyway.

Seriously, [you guys] go through [threads] like Copy Paper.
    This is nothing compared to last summer, when it was not uncommon to see 10+ pages go by in a single day. And lets not forget the time when everyone decided to see if it was possible to fill an entire thread in one day. It failed, they only got what, 30, 40 pages?

GO!
    Well, from the show at least, ponies do enjoy watching the races. Wasn't there a scene in Sweet and Elite where Rarity was watching the Wonderbolts race? And lets not forget Fall Weather Friends, where a good chunk of the episode was dedicated to the Running of the Leaves, a big 'ol race. Also the fact that Rainbow Dash seems to favor solving all of her problems with racing, such as choosing a pet and dealing with bullies.

As for other sports, no idea. I can see something like Air Ball from Avatar working out with Pegasus and Unicorns. Couldn't find a video of it, but for those of you with netflix or the dvds, it is in the third episode. Basically, the participants stand on tiny pegs in the ground and use magical air bursts to shoot a ball through a goal.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

we know for a fact that rodeo is a major event. stunt/artistic flying also.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

29. - Top - End - #179

I see. Does this mean that all the solider Sectoids take a total of 1?

Also how early are bases normally found. You're talking about all this crazy research like laser tanks but I'm only in the third month of the game.
    In my experience, bases come in a bit later.

Laser tanks can be gotten in the first month(exaggerating a little, but not much I think). Just follow this upgrade tree.
    Spoiler
    Show

Laser Pistol -> Laser Rifle -> Heavy Laser(I believe this is what unlocks it for manufacture) -> Laser Cannon (good for ships) -> Laser Defense (mostly for the points you get for completing research).

Have a minor image dump, since I've been mostly talking about xcom.
    Spoiler
    Show

She didn't ask for this.

Old comic:
    Spoiler
    Show

And lastly, the first picture I saw after becoming a brony and enjoying the show.
    Spoiler
    Show

It has really stuck by me, I'll never forget it.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Don't bet on it.
    Psh. I bet only on things I myself can influence. And there isn't a force alive that can dirrect you crazy people.

Apparently not all members of the heard can keep up their little things forever.

.... Well thanks for making me feel more like the uncultured hick I've been desperately trying not to be!

I've heard that word all over the internet recently. What the hell is a hipster?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Geez, I totally knew this would happen. It's a reference to the song from Rent where they talk about measuring a year in terms of love. Why use it now, you ask? Well, this is thread 52 and there are 52 weeks in a year. Since thread 12 already passed already, and thread 365 (and 1/4) is a ways away, this seemed like a good time.
    ..... Yeah, that's esoteric as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    This is nothing compared to last summer, when it was not uncommon to see 10+ pages go by in a single day. And lets not forget the time when everyone decided to see if it was possible to fill an entire thread in one day. It failed, they only got what, 30, 40 pages?
    Psh. I doubt you guys couldn't fill up a thread if you really wanted to. Must have been a hell of a show to watch.

Also, I just saw the part of this thread involving Captain Obvious and Co. You guys enjoy the assimilating as much as you enjoy the show, I'm sure.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-08-26 at 01:32 AM.