New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    The stranger with a big iron ate gratefully as his hostess prepared the guest bedroom.

"Well, ma'am, to be perfectly honest, my brother was a bit of a black sheep in the family. He put aside his gun and horse to move into this village and put on a mask. This house doesn't mean anything to our family, and he clearly willed it to ya. I don't know nothing about anything in this town, except that my brother had a message delivered to our family. It read "If'n ya get this, means I'm dead. Avenge me. Ramsus is behind it." Well, since leavin' the family to come here, he's learned to talk all fancy, but that's the gist of it. Who is this "Ramsus" fella anyways? Why'd he have it out for my brother?"
    "Ramsus you say? I might help with that." the newcommer said. He had been listening to the conversation the two people were having, and was more than ready to gain more information.

He slowly entered the house and looked them in the eye. This man, not older than 23, green eyes and lightbrown hair was fairly built, and seemed to impone people quite easily.

Though not these people.

"If it interests you, of course"

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

The stranger pulls his gun out lightning-fast and targets the eavesdropper.

"Mighty rude to spy on folks at home, fella." He says, then his words register and he puts the firearm back at his side.

"Sorry about that. What's your angle?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

The stranger pulls his gun out lightning-fast and targets the eavesdropper.

"Mighty rude to spy on folks at home, fella." He says, then his words register and he puts the firearm back at his side.

"Sorry about that. What's your angle?"
    Kal blinked. Well, this was new. She gave a quick glance at the door, realizing she had not locked it behind them after her new houseguest had entered. Part of her agreed with the gunslinger – it would have been nice to have heard the knock… Still, she tried to hide her amusement at the fact that he just realized he had done pretty much the same thing a bit earlier this evening.

She schooled her features into unperturbed and nodded. “Hello, and welcome to the village. Since you have heard my rather longwinded explanation, I would love to know what you might be able to contribute. I am always collecting information.” She smiled and stood up to retrieve a 3rd mug. “Oh, and my name is Kal…” she trailed off, looking between the men for introductions.

((If you missed it, since it was the last entry, the aforementioned longwinded explanation is on the previous page. I would imagine that the whole thing took a good 20-30 minutes of exposition.))
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-29 at 03:49 PM.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

4. - Top - End - #544

Quote Originally Posted by Kalrany View Post
    Kal blinked. Well, this was new. She gave a quick glance at the door, realizing she had not locked it behind them after her new houseguest had entered. Part of her agreed with the gunslinger – it would have been nice to have heard the knock… Still, she tried to hide her amusement at the fact that he just realized he had done pretty much the same thing a bit earlier this evening.

She schooled her features into unperturbed and nodded. “Hello, and welcome to the village. Since you have heard my rather longwinded explanation, I would love to know what you might be able to contribute. I am always collecting information.” She smiled and stood up to retrieve a 3rd mug. “Oh, and my name is Kal…” she trailed off, looking between the men for introductions.

((If you missed it, since it was the last entry, the aforementioned longwinded explanation is on the previous page. I would imagine that the whole thing took a good 20-30 minutes of exposition.))
    "Rann, is my name, mystery is my job" he answered. His hand had dropped to his side, where one of his guns was hidden. He was ready to unsheathe it and take his shot, as soon as his adversary did.
    His adversary, however, had dropped his aim, and as such, there was no threat anymore. Rann would be faster anyway.

"I'm glad I've heard your side of the story, so I think I'm safe to say we're on the same team." he continued. He had heard about the strange occurences in this village.
    He told the people in the room about his encounter with one of 'the other species', gunnar, a fellow who wanted his help to survive.
    But Rann was too late. Gunnar had been killed, and quite frankly Rann wouldn't have wanted to save him anyway. He was a monster.

"But he did mention Ramsus. Ramsus is an interesting person, with many faces and many things to hide." he told them "or so my informant told me"
    Could he trust these people already? They might just turn on him the second anything is off. That man more than anyone, seemed to have quite the influence around here

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I'm in town to do just one thing: avenge my brother's murder. That means gunning down Ramsus. Besides that, I don't have any plans to stick around."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kal nodded. She understood the familial commitment, and didn’t want to interfere.

Turning back to Rann, Kal smiled pleasantly, taking stock of the man she saw before her. He carried himself with a self-assuredness that could be taken for cocky if one chose to. He seemed genuine enough, although time would tell – it always did. Still, it didn’t help matters to be confrontational, and she had no cause to do so. Best to take things as they stand and see what happens.

She prepared the mug and placed it in front of the empty seat at the table. “Well, it is always a relief to have allies.”

“You have a local informant?” she asked, retaking her seat smoothly.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

7. - Top - End - #547

Kal nodded. She understood the familial commitment, and didn’t want to interfere.

Turning back to Rann, Kal smiled pleasantly, taking stock of the man she saw before her. He carried himself with a self-assuredness that could be taken for cocky if one chose to. He seemed genuine enough, although time would tell – it always did. Still, it didn’t help matters to be confrontational, and she had no cause to do so. Best to take things as they stand and see what happens.

She prepared the mug and placed it in front of the empty seat at the table. “Well, it is always a relief to have allies.”

“You have a local informant?” she asked, retaking her seat smoothly.
    "Had." Rann answers "Until you guys killed him yesterday. Don't worry- he interrupted Kal, before she could say anything. She seemed distressed when he told her gunnar died. -he was a wolf. Still though, he hated his curse, and didn't want anyone to suffer from it. As such, he gave me some clues. Clues I will follow and use"
    He sat down at the table and looked the others in the eye.
    "I'm sorry about your brother, by the way. And what will you do once you've avenged him?"

8. - Top - End - #548
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

6 or so hours left, missing some actions. Make sure to get them in.

Also, if any missed, edited in Gatekeeper info (Mayor's title investigation thingy) to Day 8 narration.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    "Had." Rann answers "Until you guys killed him yesterday. Don't worry- he interrupted Kal, before she could say anything. She seemed distressed when he told her gunnar died. -he was a wolf. Still though, he hated his curse, and didn't want anyone to suffer from it. As such, he gave me some clues. Clues I will follow and use"
    "I'm sorry about your brother, by the way. And what will you do once you've avenged him?"
    Kal frowned slightly. She had not really known Gunnar, though by rumor he had been an infiltrator. Indeed, Rann had confirmed that one. She had been attempting to track what would have been his superiors, though, and had wondered. Tom the Mime had been innocent though, and Grey Mage she had implicated herself. She wondered which he was talking about, and hoped he had misspoken. As much as she wanted more clues, an associate of Grey Mage was not one she wanted to ally herself with… She watched the gunslinger carefully, wondering what his response would be.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    The Nighthunter continued to stare at the man, a mixture of awe and suspicion. "You some sorta bell ringer, 'en?" He shook his head. "I go' bigger fish t'fry. Tell me where Town Hall 'z'at. I gotta fin' 'e Mayor."
    'Eh? Tha' mayor's dead, son.' Drooping slowly down the wall, the man raised his bottle towards the sky. 'Aye, dead'n'buried. Twas life's cruel touch. Good man, aye, good man. Hard'ta find his equal in this day'n'age...'
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    "Honestly? Don't think I'll be sticking around in town once I've avenged my brother and picked up the family heirlooms. I'm just a passing stranger in this town."

Spoiler
    Show
    of course, this is patently false, but his reason for staying will unfold in good time.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

"..."

Spoiler
    Show
    of course, this is patently false, but his reason for staying will unfold in good time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that's not ominous at all...

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    'Eh? Tha' mayor's dead, son.' Drooping slowly down the wall, the man raised his bottle towards the sky. 'Aye, dead'n'buried. Twas life's cruel touch. Good man, aye, good man. Hard'ta find his equal in this day'n'age...'
    The Nighthunter shook his head furiously. "Not that'n, the new 'un! At least, the one from couple'a days 'go! I din't get a name! But I hear' th' mayor's up to 'is neck in it!"

(Note: In character, I don't think he ever did get Ramsus' name)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

(Note: In character, I don't think he ever did get Ramsus' name)
    (and others with same misunderstanding)

Ramsus =/= Mayor. Mayor is flexible role and will last for long while. Originally from Candidate role which was actually someone completely different from Ramsus. Just heads up that Ramsus being lynched =/= Mayor role being lynched. &we also was Mayor 1/2 rounds.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post

Ramsus =/= Mayor. Mayor is flexible role and will last for long while. Originally from Candidate role which was actually someone completely different from Ramsus. Just heads up that Ramsus being lynched =/= Mayor role being lynched. &we also was Mayor 1/2 rounds.
    Geh! That's complicated. I would be one of the ones that didn't realize that one.

And @Penguinator: this is the copy of the relavent lines from the discussion that Torch, Kal, and Nighthunter had --
    Spoiler
    Show
    “So how do I go about doing that? I have reason to believe that you are not involved, but I have information showing that the new Mayor, Ramsus, and the Grey Mage are in it up their necks.”
    Last edited by Kalrany; 2012-10-29 at 09:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post

Yeah, it was &we at some point, I think. Oh, wait, it says that. >_<

But as far as the characters are concerned, Ramsus is the Mayor. At least, my character.

Geh! That's complicated. I would be one of the ones that didn't realize that one.

And @Penguinator: this is the copy of the relavent lines from the discussion that Torch, Kal, and Nighthunter had --
    Spoiler
    Show
    “So how do I go about doing that? I have reason to believe that you are not involved, but I have information showing that the new Mayor, Ramsus, and the Grey Mage are in it up their necks.”
    Oh, I thought Ramsus was in parentheses. Ah, well. It's in character that he would've forgotten. It has been a "while."

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, it was &we at some point, I think. Oh, wait, it says that. >_<

But as far as the characters are concerned, Ramsus is the Mayor. At least, my character.

Oh, I thought Ramsus was in parentheses. Ah, well. It's in character that he would've forgotten. It has been a "while."
    Awsome!

18. - Top - End - #558
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 8

Successor meets with Subordinates, "They're starting to grow slim. Soon enough, they'll be all gone, rooted out one by one. It's time to lay low tonight, leave the originals to kill. They have an unstable one. Lead him to another, and for sure we'll see a kill. I leave the rest to you." They nod, and set off to work, doing what's needed. The unstable Watcher led to scene of crime, where target would definitely be. Always was, and would never leave again...

Information Network still in disarray. Confusion of people being revealed, anonymity was key, but they'd lost it. Or had they? They didn't know one another, so it could be false. Enough guesses, others searching for information too. Tangled web grew more and more confusing. Unsure who was right, who wrong. Deceit upon deceit with few truths here and there. Nothing could be sure. They work on late into night.

Now with Society, can't seem to do much. Now that Face is out of play, can't out selves too easily. Discuss things from time to time. Welcome new members. Shadows, deceptions, confusion. Nothing ever makes sense, nothing ever clear. Work on in silence, meditating to consider who's who. Sometime soon they must do something, or all is lost.

Town is silent, not even whisper heard. So we go to library where Bookgirl sits in depths, reading tomes of knowledge. Checking who's who, confused as red appears, blotting out important information, just when she'd almost found it. A cough as insane laugh from behind, Watcher pulling knife from her chest. "Ahahahaha! Eheheheheheh! Unfeeling won't feel, no, nonono. What if friend dies, disappears. GONE! Will then? Please? She's back, back, why, how, how, how... The books, it must tell... AH! This, this! I can, she can be... It's true! FINALLY!!!" Leaving book with pages ripped out, Watcher runs out laughing, leaving Kalrany bleeding out on table, now unconscious, soon dead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kalrany, the Bookgirl was lynched. Her role is not revealed.
    TBFProgrammer assumes his role.
    A second Clueless Newcomer joins the one still in town.
    Tom the Mime can choose a new spot as a Clueless Newcomer on Today!
    Gray Mage can choose a spot as a Clueless Newcomer on Day 10
    Kalrany can choose a spot as a Clueless Newcomer on Night 10

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    usourselves&we 1
    Gray Mage 1
    TigerFang 1
    Ramsus 1
    Grue Bait 1
    Zar Peter 1
    planswalker 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Devmaar 1
    bladescape 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    1 usourselves&we
    6 TigerFang
    7 Ramsus
    8 Grue Bait
    9 Zar Peter
    13 Matthias2207
    16 Eternis
    28 TBFProgrammer
    30 Penguinator
    31 Devmaar
    32 Nightpenguin
    39 Caprice
    43 Chromasia
    50 bladescape
    51 C'nor
    -- Clueless Newcomers
    18 planswalker
    36 gunnar11

Day 9 begins
    ...and will end in 54 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

Due to popular demand (and lack of an opponent), there is now a Mayor role. Vote everyday for it! Candidate was elected Mayor today, but that role is flexible: anyone can take it, and who has it can change from day to day. What it does, find out for yourselves. Candidates for Mayor role should send in one title (bold in narrations) or topic they would like to learn more about.

C'nor must vote today to avoid autolynch!

15 players -> 4 min to lynch

Note extension to make better for my time.

Remember individual game. Players get wins simply for surviving. Is it in best interest to keep Originals so long, even village?

Missed 1 Day
    TigerFang

Missed 2 Days
    C'nor
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Fixing tables

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

Figures. And I miss by a win by a single day as well.

Easily accessible is a single note: 'I believe I will be dead soon, so I bequeath and all material and real possessions to my family. One of them will be here soon enough.'

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Let's see if there may be a big bang behind Ramsus, eh?
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-10-30 at 08:09 PM.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

How about we don't do that instead since I finally stopped being voided. I don't really want to claim right now since I know the voider will show back up again later. Kalrany was either the Fool (and got lucky about Gray Mage, it does happen) or the Seer and I got disguised.

I'm going to vote for &we for now but, I'd like to hear what Zar's scries have been.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-10-30 at 06:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562

Rann came in the room. The meeting the day before had ended quite well, with everyone having info on their opponents.
    Now, in front of him he found something horrifying. Kal, his newfound companion, was murdered. She lay lifeless there, with a single note in her hand.

She had come too close, and paid the full price for it: her life.
    It was now Rann's turn to avenge her, to deal with Ramsus. And for that, they needed another ally.

"I heard you wanted to take charge of everything here, &we? he said, approaching him. This is the note Kal left. Read it.

Then he took of again. On the note he had left a small message: The fountain, every day 8 o' clock.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    How about we don't do that instead since I finally stopped being voided.
    With no wolf communication, I'd think the voider would have spent more time going after those hinting/claiming seer, rather than constantly attacking the same person who may well just be a commoner. Especially since there can be no networking in a no PM game.

Ramsus
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2012-10-30 at 07:34 AM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

The stranger curses himself the next morning. He had been the one to insist that she sleep in the master bedroom and he sleep in the guest bed. He was sure that Ramsus was behind her death, that he had meant to target the stranger before he could get his revenge and the change in sleeping arrangements caused the assassin to change targets.

Well, there was nothing he could do now but seek out the scum who killed her and get revenge two times over. That, and hold the house until her family came to claim it. With grim determination, he straps his big iron pistol to his hip and ties a yellow bandana around his left arm.

Stepping out into the early morning sunlight, he calls out, "Ramsus! Come and face justice for your crimes!"

The actual lack of physical evidence didn't really stop him from having already tried and convicted the man in his head.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Nighthunter eyed the drunken man one last time, shaking his head. "D'y'a know, unner diff'r'nt circumstances, we migh' be the best'a frien's, you'n me. Bu' no' righ' now." He headed for the library, unsure of where else he could find the girl.

(Ramsus. I'm not falling for wolf lies again. )

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Because my behavior in this game so far just screams wolf huh?

Edit: Really, if you're going to lynch me off of no logic besides a bad scry then at least let me live another day so at least I can get a second win.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-10-30 at 11:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #567

Edit: Really, if you're going to lynch me off of no logic besides a bad scry then at least let me live another day so at least I can get a second win.
    Yeah, sure. And while we're at it, lets rewind time and not kill me, ok? Then I'll have my first win!
    "Let me live for a second win" is a pretty bad argument to let you live...

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, your word that the scry is bad doesn't really stack up against the scry to convince anyone to change their vote. She was right once. Odds are, she's right this time too. The odds of anything interfering with it are less than the odds of a person who's scried once correctly being right the next time.

also, you've done nothing but jump on bandwagons or quickly agree with the confirmed town the whole game. Before the scry reveal, you were next on my list to point fingers at if I hadn't been offed. So, yeah, your behavior has screamed wolf to me.

oh, sure, bandwagonning and/or agreeing with town on its own isn't too revealing, but you've been a little too consistent. It's said to me "please don't notice me" a little stronger than I'd expect from someone without something to hide. Before most of us were killed, the masons had been eyeing you from day 3 on. We just had other targets we were more suspicious of.

also, just saying "don't lynch me" is less convincing than being able to say "lynch him instead. He's more suspicious."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-30 at 11:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

I followed the lead of confirmed town to lynch wolves. Therefore I'm a wolf. O........k. So... being consistently making sure I'm following the most likely informed opinion is wolfish now. Good to know!

Btw, thanks for totally ignoring me being the one who provided the logic for our first wolf lynch, the devil.

And yeah, nobody would ever think to disguise me. How unthinkable!

I specifically said I wanted to wait for Zar's scries for a reason. Or do you think I should ass-pull reasons to point at people? Like for example &we constantly voting for me for no apparent reason? Because that totally helps! *rolls eyes*

Edit: If we're going to talk about people's word then I guess we'd have to point out that we have no proof of anyone's claims aside from Kalrany's and all we know for sure from that was that she was the Seer or the Fool.

If we're going to talk about evidence then so far I've been consistently of aid to town. I rooted out the devil and backed confirmed town in lynching more wolves. I only ended up off of Gray Mage's lynch because I thought Kalrany was the Fool for scrying me as a wolf as well.

Edit 2: The plea for an extra day is because I'm constantly lynched/killed for the wrong/no reason so, if it's going to happen again I'd at least not want it to cause me to suffer the loss of a win by a single day.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-10-30 at 12:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I fail to see how you can claim credit for getting the Devil lynched. He had several votes before you said anything.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.