New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1229
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Reading through my role again, it seems like the bane might also block against voids and scries. Not sure though. Don't know if it'll help clear anything up but it's a reasonable chance it'll be my last chance to say it.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 17

Mayor sits in office, trying to figure just what went wrong. Advisor's long dead and gone and killings had slowed. Preparations were under way to stop killings tonight, and another was expected. She would be here soon, and Gatekeeper would inform him, as his duty. That wasn't on his mind anymore, important more to determine how to sate town. Had developed sort of blood lust since his death, and weren't fond of figuring out just what went on. He'd instate new laws, fix their priorities. Tomorrow.

The Candidate had his plans, searching through Mayor's things, but that would change. Other people would have say in what Mayor revealed, democracy rule. And they wanted blood, right? Executioner was gone, or at least one Mayor appointed, so let them be their own Executioners. Let them have say in things.

At gates, woman enters, heads to roof. Nods to Storyteller there and opens large case, setting up loom. Spinstress begins discussion, catching up with things in town from Storyteller as loom is set up and weaving begins. It would be beautiful tapestry, beautiful story.

Mathematician runs through streets below, distraught. "They're coming! Oh, God, they're coming! The wolves, they're everywhere! Everywhere, I say! The math, it doesn't work, broken, broken, darkness... Lay a trap, bait, no use, no use! Run for your lives!" Passerbys glance in horror and confusion, unsure what to do and talk amongst themselves. In midst of it all, Child runs up and starts wailing at specific group of three: usourselves&we, TigerFang, and Nightpenguin. "No! Go away! You big meanies! Die, die, die!!! You killed my MOMMYYYYY!!!!! Big Bad WOLVES! WOLVES!! Kill them!!!" and bursts out crying.

Chaos continues in night, and Mob thoroughly confused. Day begins with no idea what's going on but three blatantly accused of wolvery, whatever that is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, No one dies. How surprising.
    Gray Mage assumes his role.
    Two Clueless Newcomers remain in town.
    Matthias2207 can choose a spot as Clueless Newcomer Today!
    Kalrany can choose a spot as Clueless Newcomer Day 19

For lasting so long, usourselves&we gain wins!

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 3
    bladescape 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    planswalker 2
    Caprice 2
    usourselves&we 2
    Gray Mage 1
    Ramsus 1
    Grue Bait 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Nightpenguin 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    18 planswalker
    20 Grue Bait
    21 C'nor
    24 TBFProgrammer
    25 TigerFang
    26 Tom the Mime
    29 Zar Peter
    32 Nightpenguin
    33 Lex-Kat
    37 Gray Mage
    39 Caprice
    45 usourselves&we
    48 Penguinator
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Newcomer
    34 gunnar11
    38 Eternis

Day 18 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

14 players -> 4 min to lynch

*usourselves&we MUST vote Day 18 or be AL'd*

*Kalrany can reclaim role by end of Day 19. If so, returns as Newcomer #22 again, NOT as Clueless Newcomer. On Day 19 onward, can choose new role. After Day 19 ends, role #22 revealed if not reclaimed by then. This will be standard practice for autolynch, in case miss away notices etc.*

Missed 1 Day
    TigerFang

Missed 2 Days
    usourselves&we

*Apologies for delay. Computer's been having problems and hard to get on. Hopefully fixed but can't promise anything.*
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

The first open spot for me.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Nighthunter stood there a moment, watching as the girl stared silently at the arrow in the ground. "Yes. Well." He shook his head. "You cannot think I am the only one in my line of work, surely. This man..." He pointed to a man crawling out of a nearby tree. "Is one of mine. So while I will not be here myself, I will not make myself hard to reach. If he is killed, I will return. While I hope that this does not happen, I will be watching. Good day."

The man who had left the tree bowed low. "Good evening, madam. Or should I say good morning?" His odd grin was exaggerated by a scar across his cheek.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground

Don't I get my role today?

Cuz I haven't received any pm's ..

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

TigerFang, usourselves&we and Nightpenguin, how do you respond to the accusations of this small child? Penguinator, how do you respond to my assertion that you are not currently an evil night-killer?
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-12-02 at 05:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    The first open spot for me.
    Took 23. 5 spots remain.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    Don't I get my role today?

Cuz I haven't received any pm's ..
    Get role this night. Only one phase (night) has passed since Clueless Newcomer. This will be second. Same with Eternis.

--------------

On that note, everyone get to voting. Red for lynch, blue for mayor investigation (give title = bolded in narrations), in QTs for Executioner (remember: can do No Lynch there if wish).

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    TigerFang, usourselves&we and Nightpenguin, how do you respond to the accusations of this small child? Penguinator, how do you respond to my assertion that you are not currently an evil night-killer?
    How does one normally respond to any accusation without evidence? As far as I see, we have nothing to base this accusation on, no information about where it comes from, etc. So my response is "No." (Baseless accusations get baseless defenses.)

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Penguinator, how do you respond to my assertion that you are not currently an evil night-killer?
    I agree whole-heartedly. I am not currently (nor have I been) a starfish night-killer.

Nightpenguin, from what I've seen (now, I was dead for some of the time, so I wasn't reading all of that carefully) you've never given us much of a role claim. In one word, how would you describe your role?
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-02 at 06:29 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

UsOurselves&We, I'd like to hear why you've been so quiet.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-12-02 at 02:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Because they've been away from the forum, Planswalker. Which you know already, because they said so in Witchhunt, and you're in that.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-12-02 at 06:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to hear more from Tiger Fang.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

13. - Top - End - #1033

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly. I am not currently (nor have I been) a starfish night-killer.

Nightpenguin, from what I've seen (now, I was dead for some of the time, so I wasn't reading all of that carefully) you've never given us much of a role claim. In one word, how would you describe your role?
    I'd rather not give a role claim until forced to do so. If you all feel the need to pile on the pressure for a better reason than curiosity, then do so, but it would be rather harmful for me to reveal if it's unnecessary.

Characters:

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    I'd rather not give a role claim until forced to do so. If you all feel the need to pile on the pressure for a better reason than curiosity, then do so, but it would be rather harmful for me to reveal if it's unnecessary.
    You may recall I scried you with my second role. I gave the alignment I scried you as, but I did not reveal the role. I would like to see if your claim lines up with my scry. Meta? Perhaps. But I have little more to work with in my new role, and I find the way you slipped out of the limelight with no claim and several interestingly obtained numbers rather odd, especially since the vote then came crashing down first on a seer role and then on a mason.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-02 at 01:20 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Because they've been away from the forum, Planswalker. Which you know already, because they said so in Witchhunt, and you're in that.
    That is indeed the case, but that is no reason for us to point at him at this time.

Information from TigerFang could help with the name puzzle, from our point of view as the very least.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

C'nor, there's no reason to get upset over that. &we just explained himself, I hadn't connected the dots between games, and I am not perfect.

Sue me.

Meanwhile, I'd like to hear from my former mason partner Tigerfang as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

I'll second the Nightpenguin accusation.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #1038

You may recall I scried you with my second role. I gave the alignment I scried you as, but I did not reveal the role. I would like to see if your claim lines up with my scry. Meta? Perhaps. But I have little more to work with in my new role, and I find the way you slipped out of the limelight with no claim and several interestingly obtained numbers rather odd, especially since the vote then came crashing down first on a seer role and then on a mason.
    Sorry, but "I'd like to verify a 50% accurate scry" isn't quite going to cut it. Remember that according to you, the scries are independent of each other in terms of accuracy; with so many possible roles, your role scry becomes much less meaningful than the alignment scry.

Characters:

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Current Votes:
    TigerFang - 4
    Nightpenguin - 2
    planswalker - 1

less than 24 hours left. Grue Bait, TBFProgrammer, TigerFang, Zar Peter, Nightpenguin, Caprice, bladescape need to vote.
    TigerFang also missed yesterday.
    4 min to lynch if don't want to go to Executioner decision.

Investigation Votes:
    (none)

Remember, give title (bold in narrations) instead of name.

---------------------

Making sure you all noticed change in Executioner decision.

From Night 17 narration: "Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless."

Basically, mob rule executioner but hidden votes. Just to avoid as many no-kill days, but still good to avoid executioner decision.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Bugbear in the Playground

Point at Nightpenguin. I'm really curious about his role and he jumped a bit often out of bandwagons without revealing something.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sorry, but "I'd like to verify a 50% accurate scry" isn't quite going to cut it. Remember that according to you, the scries are independent of each other in terms of accuracy; with so many possible roles, your role scry becomes much less meaningful than the alignment scry.
    No, it's the fact that the role I got seems very un-town. It isn't just "I want a scry" it's that I find you genuinely suspicious. And your blatant refusal to give any reason not to kill you, more than once, is even more so. That, and I don't see you giving reasons to vote for anyone else.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #1042

No, it's the fact that the role I got seems very un-town.
    I can't formulate a defense against this without knowing the role you got (not that you should tell me; that part strategically makes sense).

It isn't just "I want a scry" it's that I find you genuinely suspicious. And your blatant refusal to give any reason not to kill you, more than once, is even more so.
    For good reason.

That, and I don't see you giving reasons to vote for anyone else.
    TigerFang (Er, fail at names)
    Lex-Kat seems more suspicious to me. Any role claim by me will render me effectively useless.
    Last edited by Nightpenguin; 2012-12-02 at 05:31 PM.

Characters:

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lex-Kat seems more suspicious to me. Any role claim by me will render me effectively useless.
    Funny, we already know Lex-Kat's role and have no reason to find it suspect. However, if Penguinator's role scry was accurate and I'm reading everything correctly, I can think of a role that fits what has been said rather well.

Nightpenguin
    Are you a beast, yes or no?

If yes and we can confirm you as town, it is actually rather useful, as it is very painful for the wolves to remove you, which means we might actually be able to build a kind of network.

Bear in mind that I don't actually know what Penguinator scried you as.
    The BareFoot Programmer

24. - Top - End - #1044

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    Funny, we already know Lex-Kat's role and have no reason to find it suspect. However, if Penguinator's role scry was accurate and I'm reading everything correctly, I can think of a role that fits what has been said rather well.

Nightpenguin

If yes and we can confirm you as town, it is actually rather useful, as it is very painful for the wolves to remove you, which means we might actually be able to build a kind of network.

Bear in mind that I don't actually know what Penguinator scried you as.
    While I agree that it would be nice, I am not.

Characters:

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

While I'd still like to ask TigerFang and usourselves&we what they think of the childs accusation, I'm voting for Nightpenguin now. There's enough votes on you to lynch you, you've been scried with a 50% role scry, you've been pointed at as a wolf by an anonymous source in a narration and you're pointing at one of the most town firm people in a semi-revenge vote. She wouldn't know an evil villain existed if that wasn't her role and hunting an evil villain doesn't sound too evil. With all of this, you need to say something useful or get lynched. Even if you get lynched anyway, town will be better off knowing what you claim you were.

I would like to investigate the Child.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-12-02 at 06:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post

Nightpenguin

Luckly Night has denied this, but let me just point out this is a really bad idea. A network would not be built since it's a no PM game and the wolves (unlike villagers) don't need to kill the whole other side, so revealing the village beast means the wolves don't need to worry about it.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

27. - Top - End - #1047

While I'd still like to ask TigerFang and usourselves&we what they think of the childs accusation, I'm voting for Nightpenguin now. There's enough votes on you to lynch you, you've been scried with a 50% role scry, you've been pointed at as a wolf by an anonymous source in a narration and you're pointing at one of the most town firm people in a semi-revenge vote. She wouldn't know an evil villain existed if that wasn't her role and hunting an evil villain doesn't sound too evil. With all of this, you need to say something useful or get lynched. Even if you get lynched anyway, town will be better off knowing what you claim you were.

I would like to investigate the Child.
    Oh riiight, the Villain thing. There were so many people who were "hunting Villains" that I wasn't really paying attention to that. Now that I revisit it, you're right; Lex-Kat is probably town, so TigerFang it is, (due to his silence, mostly to avoid getting myself lynched). As you point out, though, I honestly don't have anyone better to point at, and I recognize that as something against me. The last two people I voted for, as somebody pointed out, were town so I hardly have a track record of good character judgement.

Characters:

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Pixie in the Playground

I find it rather suspicious that 3 names are given and people instantly jump at the excuse to vote. Wouldn't it kind of beat the point of this whole game to just reveal the names of three wolves? I'm pretty certain the names are either completely random or one of them is a wolf with some special role that has some catch in it. (like one in three chances of hitting the beast that will take someone with him and so on)

Now I'm going to give you very good reasons why I am NOT a wolf.
    1) My behavior hasn't changed at all from when I was a mason. I still avoid voting unless I have some solid suspicions or to avoid autolynch. At the moment it's damn hard to have any suspicions because there have been no night kills in a while... which is a bit suspicious.

2) Last time people started pressuring me I was forced to reveal that I was a mason which ultimately got me killed. I'd prefer not to repeat the experience so soon.

3) As a mason I mostly only voted for wolves and yet somehow people STILL suspected me and thanks in part to my efforts all the original wolves died before the original humans so how about you let me live long enough to repeat the performance?

For now I will vote for NightPeguin for two simple reasons: I want to live and because there seems to be a bit of evidence that points to him being an authentic wolf.

If it weren't for the supposed scry I wouldn't vote for NightPenguin because these 3 random names seem like either the narrator playing with us or someone using some kind of role. A role that just reveals three wolves would be a bit overpowered don't you people think? Which means that either there is only one wolf in that list... or maybe there aren't any wolves there at all and this whole thing is some kind of wolf power role that will keep us busy for three days.

Maybe the wolves had to skip killing a few days to use this? So many theories so little time and all you people want to think about is just following the list without any analysis.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

29. - Top - End - #1049

Well, you all leave me no choice.

The Infiltrator
    This is a town role. Each day, I get to send in a suggestion for the wolf night kill, which cannot be distinguished from the normal suggestions. I fulfill my win condition if I suggest a wolf's name and the suggestion is followed, regardless if the wolf is actually killed or not (I assume this part would take effect if the original Alpha were still alive). Of course, this reveal renders me almost completely useless, as the wolves will be much more suspicious of their suggestions from now on.

Characters:

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    *snip*
    I failed to notice that names were given in the narration until Tom the Mime's post saying "I'd like to investigate the child." I had been suspicious of Nightpenguin since my last role, thus the scry.

@Nightpenguin: Ah. The role I received was "killer," so you can imagine my suspicion.

TigerFang, I'd like to see something solid from you. "I didn't change behaviors" isn't much of a defense.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.