New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1229
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

I wrote a huge block of text and all you read was "I didn't change behaviors"? What's the point of writing anything else in that case? What "solid proof" do you want? Do you want me to write out my role for all to see? What's the point in that? Anyone can do that but it won't make it true. I have no "solid proof". My previous actions should be proof enough.

And why should anyone just trust that NightPenguin speaks the truth? I mean the whole role itself seems kind of pointless if you think about it. Even if he gives suggestions how would he know he would be suggesting other wolves? He'd be just like all the other wolves randomly giving suggestions and hoping that their suggestion will keep the killer from attempting to kill them.

If NightPenguin really is telling the truth (which we have no real way of knowing at this point) it pretty much all but proves that my theory is correct and that this entire name thing might very well be a wolf a diversion. The real question is... Why am I being pressured over usourselves&we?
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

TigerFang, points two and three are utter bunk as well.

The former is just making a vague claim that the wolves will kill you if they know your role, and asking people not to pressure you because of that. So it's a claim that you're town, but it gives no evidence for this.

The latter doesn't even relate to the issue at hand; past performance as a different role has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you're town now.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I failed to notice that names were given in the narration until Tom the Mime's post saying "I'd like to investigate the child." I had been suspicious of Nightpenguin since my last role, thus the scry.

@Nightpenguin: Ah. The role I received was "killer," so you can imagine my suspicion.

TigerFang, I'd like to see something solid from you. "I didn't change behaviors" isn't much of a defense.
    Psst! You need to strike out your vote against me where you originally made it, not in your new post.

Incidentally, did you receive any other information about this "killer" role?

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFang View Post
    Why am I being pressured over usourselves&we?
    *Headdesk*

Because the only real reason to find them suspicious is that they haven't been voting because they've been off the forum? As was gone into barely a page ago?

@Planswalker:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply upset, more that that seemed suspicious to me.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No, first I read "nobody's even posting logic." I then pointed out that I was using logic aside from "three people got pointed at by a child in a narration." Then I read "I didn't change what I was doing." No, you didn't. You were largely absent then, and you are still largely absent. That's more of a null-tell than anything.

The scry you mentioned was my own. A scry on Nightpenguin as a "Town Killer." His story seems to match up to this before he knew what role I had scried him as. Do I know if he is telling the truth? No. But for the time being, I am sated.

You, however, blew up defensively in the face of pressure. I didn't suspect you of wolfishness before that "wall of text," but now I am on edge. Yes, there is very little in the way of logic aimed at you, and for that, I am somewhat skeptical of the wagon.

As for why you over usourselves&we, I can vouch for them. I don't know about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpenguin View Post
    Psst! You need to strike out your vote against me where you originally made it, not in your new post.

Incidentally, did you receive any other information about this "killer" role?
    *facepalm* Totally went into Witchhunt mode. >_<

No, that's all I got. Two words. "Town" and "Killer." Not having the same role any more, I am rather out of luck.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-02 at 06:30 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

The scry matchup seems solid enough and the short time frame between Penguinator saying the role scry made him a bit more suspicious and the role claim matching it makes it seem a bit more solid, especially when Nightpenguin could've lied completely and tried to hide behind the 50% scry.

And back to TigerFang. Not changing behaviour from a mason isn't terribly encouraging, especially given the number of times wolves and masons can get mistaken for each other with voting patterns before there are explicit claims. I'm not saying this is my argument, just pointing out the flaw in the defence.

My argument is that I could believe that there could be a kind of demi-bishop role that reveals one or two wolves if they live long enough (maybe not likely but possible) or that someone's power could be to insert a short bit into the narrations (good, evil or neutral). No-one revealed was on my semi-confirmed/less likely to be a wolf list. Why not pressure people accused and investigate the child? There are a couple of others I'm a bit suspicious of but finding out what's going on with the childs accusation should be a good thing, even if it turns out to be nothing.

edit: ninja'ed by TigerFang with the pointing to everyone else but me defence and responding poorly to pressure. Add that to the reasons I'm pointing at him.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2012-12-02 at 06:41 PM.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Pixie in the Playground

It's impossible for me to give any "solid" proof because as I've already stated there really isn't any. I can't give any good arguments in my defense because there are no good arguments to lynch me aside from: "His name is on that list". Which if you think about it isn't such a good argument. I'm as good a lynch target as anybody at this point. That list only gives people an excuse to pick me over somebody else.

The point is I could tell you anything right about now... but you're probably just going to lynch me anyway so I'm not going to bother and this time I don't really care if I live to die at night or not.
    TigerPony avatar by Akrim.elf

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Pixie in the Playground

Since the bandwagon seems set, I don't think it will matter if I go with no vote ^^"

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    A network would not be built since it's a no PM game
    Bah, I keep forgetting this is no PM. [Disclaimer: I don't usually send them, so it hasn't been an issue]

and the wolves (unlike villagers) don't need to kill the whole other side, so revealing the village beast means the wolves don't need to worry about it.
    Verifying someone as human is still very useful if the wolves can't kill them.

Anyways, I don't trust NightPenguin's claim, so I'm not going to move my vote.
    The BareFoot Programmer

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Tigerfang, your voting patterns of being very absent haven't changed from when you were a mason, but your defense you've laid out this time is VERY different. There IS a change, and one that makes me suspicious.

my vote stays on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Current Votes:
    TigerFang - 7
    Nightpenguin - 4
    No Vote - 1

bladescape, Grue Bait haven't voted yet. 4 min to lynch

Investigation Votes:
    Child - 1

12 hours left. Guessing no Executioner decision

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 18

Mayor watching out window. Watches Mathematician running in streets. "Dear me, did he break his abacus? I warned him against this so many times... Well, I have just the thing. Hopefully I make it in time." Begins rummaging through things.

Back to Mathematician in crowd, freaking out. "Wolves, wolves, everywhere, get away, get AWAY!!!!" Begins clawing at face and suddenly undergoes transformation into beast, a real wolf. Goes out of control, attacks nearby Elder and Informant, leaving bodies of Lex-Kat and Caprice behind. Suddenly, whistle is heard, and Mayor throws bone at wolf. Well, it's strange bone with ring around it that slides back and forth. Wolf begins batting back and forth, and slowly regresses back to human form. Mayor steps up and claps him on back. "There, there. I think it's time you leave. Learn to control yourself better before returning." Slightly dazed, Grue Bait walks out of town, pushing ring back and forth.

Turns to disbelieving crowd. "Yes, I'm alive. That comes as a surprise?" Meanwhile, Child tugs at someone's pants. "See! I tole you there were wolves!" Someone speaks up, "What was that? And who is that Child?" Mayor responds, "This child's been traumatized by mother's death. Accusing people of being wolves but who knows what information he has? May be indiscriminate or with basis."

Mob murmurs among self then turns to accused, questioning. In specific, one is Targeted for lynch. "We have little else to go on, but you seem suspicious. You should probably die." And so TigerFang is brought to gallows and hanged. Crowd disperses for night.

Elsewhere in town, Candidate reaches into pocket to examine pieces of paper he was able to grab before kicked out of office. Mayor only yesterday, useless today. Except for notes in pocket. "The Gatekeeper keeps people out of town except those who should be here. Works closely with Mayor to" and here words were blotted out with ink by someone who didn't want anyone to know. Frustrated, Candidate throws down papers and walks off, maybe seeking revenge.

Spoiler
    Show
    TigerFang, the Targeted was lynched. He was a Common Wolf
    Grue Bait, the Mathematician turned into a wolf and rampaged. He was the Paranoia Inducer
    Caprice, the Informant was killed in wolf's rampage. (S?)He was a New Common Seer
    Lex-Kat, the Elder was killed in wolf's rampage. She was the Hero of Justice.
    gunnar11 and Eternis assumes their roles.
    One Clueless Newcomer enters town.
    Grue Bait can choose a spot as Clueless Newcomer Tonight!
    Kalrany can choose a spot as Clueless Newcomer Day 19
    TigerFang, Caprice, and Lex-kat can choose spots as Clueless Newcomers Day 20

For lasting so long, Grue Bait and Nightpenguin gain wins!

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 3
    bladescape 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    planswalker 2
    Caprice 2
    usourselves&we 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 1
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    18 planswalker
    21 C'nor
    24 TBFProgrammer
    26 Tom the Mime
    29 Zar Peter
    32 Nightpenguin
    34 gunnar11
    37 Gray Mage
    38 Eternis
    45 usourselves&we
    48 Penguinator
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Newcomer
    23 Matthias2207

Night 18 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

*Kalrany can reclaim role by end of Day 19. If so, returns as Newcomer #22 again, NOT as Clueless Newcomer. On Day 19 onward, can choose new role. After Day 19 ends, role #22 revealed if not reclaimed by then. This will be standard practice for autolynch, in case miss away notices etc.*

Missed 1 Day
    bladescape
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

So it looks like Grue Bait was a ticking time bomb that went off after 5 days and TigerFang was a wolf. That seems to make it likely that the child was a bit of a ticking time bomb with wolf reveals. The investigation just seems to say "we're not sure either way".

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

Could I join as a newcomer? I've been reading through this thread and found it fascinating...

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Disproportional, you need to pick a role number for that, but otherwise there shouldn't be any reason you can't.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-12-03 at 07:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disproportional View Post
    Could I join as a newcomer? I've been reading through this thread and found it fascinating...
    Yep, made it just in time. Available role numbers to choose from: 40, 41, 44, 46, 47. Nearing end of recruitment.

Also, reminder to Grue Bait that he can choose Newcomer role tonight as well. In case he forgot.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, right. I'll take 47, if you please.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh yeah! Forgot to do that. Give me 44

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Disproportional View Post
    Oh yeah! Forgot to do that. Give me 44
    Yay! New people!

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 18

In dark of night, Witch brewing potions. Takes one, pours it carefully over spell circle on ground. Sprinkles powder over it and begins chanting, on into night.

On streets near alley, Mime doing show. Invisible box trick, when suddenly, begins getting smaller and smaller. Really good trick until onlookers realize he's not just faking. Box compresses, compresses, and poor Tom the Mime lies dead in street. Lurker looks on in disgust and anger, turns wandering eyes to above.

Elsewhere, one may see man speaking with Child, asking questions. If one were close enough, his words might be heard. "What do you know about this bladescape fellow? A cape of blades, that sounds mighty scary. Could he have helped kill your mother?" No matter where, Child's protests could be heard. "I don't know! I don't know!" "Oh, surely you must know something. You're a smart fellow!" "I told you I DON'T KNOW! I don't, I don't, I don't, I DON'T!!!" "Awww, don't be like that..." and conversation continues.

Spinstress' loom set up, she begins weaving and speaks to Storyteller. "Another is coming, tomorrow, no? Bringing with him newfallen snow. Clean away the blood of ages, spread new lore for our pages. This soon ends, as Mayor knows. Speak softly, and 'ware death." Storyteller nods, and Gatekeeper chuckles. Loom catalogues dawning day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tom the Mime, the Mime was killed. His role is not revealed.
    Two more Clueless Newcomers enter town.
    Kalrany can choose a spot as Clueless Newcomer Today!
    TigerFang, Caprice, and Lex-kat can choose spots as Clueless Newcomers Day 20
    Tom the Mime can choose a spot as Clueless Newcomer Night 20
    Only 3 spots remain. If you die, there's no guarantee you'll come back!

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 3
    bladescape 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    planswalker 2
    Caprice 2
    usourselves&we 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 1
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    18 planswalker
    21 C'nor
    24 TBFProgrammer
    29 Zar Peter
    32 Nightpenguin
    34 gunnar11
    37 Gray Mage
    38 Eternis
    45 usourselves&we
    48 Penguinator
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Newcomer
    23 Matthias2207
    44 Disproportional
    47 Grue Bait

Day 19 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

Call for any onlookers to be Clueless Newcomers!

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

11 players -> 3 min to lynch!

*Kalrany can reclaim role by end of Day 19. If so, returns as Newcomer #22 again, NOT as Clueless Newcomer. On Day 19 onward, can choose new role. After Day 19 ends, role #22 revealed if not reclaimed by then. This will be standard practice for autolynch, in case miss away notices etc.*

Missed 1 Day
    bladescape
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Man, my forum character must be awful at mime. I think that's the third time I've died during an act.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Forum's back up, start 48 hours around now. Discuss!

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I guess I don't have huge suspicious targets, myself... So I'll casually poke C'Nor.

And I'd like to hear more about this Spinstress.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-05 at 10:19 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey TBFProgrammer, any reasons as to why you sidestepped the TigerFang lynch while possibly pushing for a nightpenguin one?
    Granted NightP is not cleared (and nether are we really for that matter), but Fang was a wolf.
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-12-05 at 01:42 PM.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Bugbear in the Playground

I still don't believe Nightpenguin and the TigerFang lynch made me even sure. Maybe the kid was right?
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Bugbear in the Playground

Executioner Spinstress

Wheee.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    Bleh, in Korea, writing names in red is a bad luck - why didn't I make this connection before?

"Count Dingdong
    11-23-2012
    12:42 AM ET (US)
    From what you can tell, Matthias2207 is definitely *Wolf*"

Well, there's the scry for what it's worth (I added the red myself though, of course), and it's what I'll be going with for my vote unless someone can prove to me that my scries are inaccurate
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I guess I don't have huge suspicious targets, myself... So I'll casually poke C'Nor.
    I have been rather inactive, haven't I?

Anyway, my computer issues mean that I've been bad about sending night actions in, but I'm another Seer/Fool role. I scried Nightpenguin last night, in the hopes of maybe helping resolve things, and I got back the following:

"Count Dingdong
    12-04-2012
    01:55 PM ET (US)
    Nightpenguin appears to be a Wolf Sleeper."

Based on how things worked in Assassins, I'm fairly sure that means they don't know their true role and alignment yet, and show up as town, but will become a wolf if some condition is met. Which seems to fit rather well with the role they claimed...

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Nightpenguin gets my vote. I've been vaguely suspicious for a while and what's at worst a demi-seer has fingered him.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I have been rather inactive, haven't I?
    I was going to poke someone else, but you've been alive longer.

Based on how things worked in Assassins, I'm fairly sure that means they don't know their true role and alignment yet, and show up as town, but will become a wolf if some condition is met. Which seems to fit rather well with the role they claimed...
    And seeing how Grue Bait's role worked, it makes sense. So, Nightpenguin, for now, but if this child is right about all three, it's going to be a mite surprising.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by usourselves&we View Post
    Hey TBFProgrammer, any reasons as to why you sidestepped the TigerFang lynch while possibly pushing for a nightpenguin one?
    Yeah, I do, I still think NightPenguin is guilty, just as I did when I was lynched last time.

Anyways, C'nor, if you didn't get both role and alignment two nights back, your scry accuracy was boosted. Enjoy.

(I'm usually only going to state who I boost(ed) when they are a seer, as it gives them more info.)
    The BareFoot Programmer