New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1229
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

argh, C'Nor, I'm sorry. I keep doing that. That elf chick just throws me off every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    argh, C'Nor, I'm sorry. I keep doing that. That elf chick just throws me off every time.
    Eh, don't worry about it. She throws me off sometimes when I look back at old threads and don't realize I was the one who posted something.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Executioner!
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disproportional View Post
    I'm curious what your logic is behind this. Any reason you are skeptical of the band wagon?
    Because of three reasons:
    1. I'm not sure wether C'nor's scries are correct
    2. I discovered (this game) that following the bandwagon gets you killed even if it's the logical thing to do
    3. I don't really know who to point at, since I just joined again (3 days ago)

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Halfling in the Playground

Executioner for the tiny hope of avoiding the lynch, though I agree with the sentiment that we should do actual lynches.

Count Dingdong, how much time is left in the day?

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

3 hours. Or so. If I'm not late. Which I may be.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    Because of three reasons:
    1. I'm not sure wether C'nor's scries are correct
    2. I discovered (this game) that following the bandwagon gets you killed even if it's the logical thing to do
    3. I don't really know who to point at, since I just joined again (3 days ago)
    But you were part of the game before, weren't you? Plus this is how we find out if C'Nor scries are correct

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Stopping voting for a reason. Narration likely won't be up til morning, but I'll try to get it out asap

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 20

Day begins with Mob back in square again. Not wishing to leave it to a random ballot, speak to another. "You say you're Seer, right? Well, see for us! Who should we kill?" "Well, that person seems like a Sympathizer. Maybe they should go?" "Alright! Let's kill them! Lynch, lynch, lynch, lynch!" So the Pointed-At is brought to the gallows. But the day is not over. Mob talks to Mayor, "Where's the Gatekeeper, huh? He should be stopping people from coming in."

Mayor pauses before answering, "Didn't you know he... died? He's returned as a ghost, but there's little he can do to manipulate anything. I'll close the gate, but I don't think there's much else that can be done." With no more questions, turns and walks away to close gates. At gate, steps over hat in middle of road and begins closing gates.

Back in square, one of Twins staggers to crowd. Sympathetic man walks up and helps Twin get there. "Are you- ou- ou- Are y- Are- my- my- my- Twiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?" Twin turns to Sympathetic man, smiles, and promptly explodes. The crowd is flabbergasted as blown-up pieces of Nightpenguin and planswalker scatter. From direction Twin came from, Successor walks out.

"Mayor's ruled this town long enough. It's time you realize his sins and do what you can. Unless you see reason, this town's going to Hell, by my hand or his. It won't be coming back. This is your only warning before I resort to more... drastic measures. If you think you're safe, I'm here to tell you you're not. Have you seen his friends? You sheep, running around with no direction or competence... Maybe it would be better to throw you to the Wolves. Good luck and Good night. Blasted idiots..."

Successor turns and walks away, furious. Mob just looks on dumbstruck and wonders what to do. Eventually gets to murmuring before Mayor returns. "Alright, that's enough here! We're done, it's dusk, return home! Carry on!" Still confused and more than slightly scared, town goes home for night, maybe to rest, maybe to plan. One thing's sure: many people will be dying tonight if Successor spoke true.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nightpenguin, a Twin exploded. (S?)he was Yin
    planswalker, the Sympathetic was beasted. He was a New Common Baner
    The Pointed-At was lynched. He was none of you.
    3 Clueless Newcomers enter town.
    No more spots remain. If you die, you're not coming back...

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 4
    bladescape 3
    planswalker 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    Caprice 2
    usourselves&we 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 1
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1
    Penguinator 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    21 C'nor
    23 Matthias2207
    24 TBFProgrammer
    29 Zar Peter
    34 gunnar11
    37 Gray Mage
    38 Eternis
    44 Disproportional
    45 usourselves&we
    47 Grue Bait
    48 Penguinator
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Newcomers
    40 TigerFang
    41 Caprice
    46 Lex-Kat

Night 20 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

There are no more Clueless Newcomer roles!

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

As we near end-game, votes for team majority is important. Village = +1 Village. Wolf = +1 Wolf. Bystanders = +0 (don't care either way, will vote either way, considered evens out sides). Once Wolf vote PASSES Village vote, Wolves win. If all Wolves die, Village wins. Bystanders win by surviving.

Missed 1 Day
    Matthias2207
    usourselves&we
    Grue Bait
    bladescape
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Bout 12 hours left, still missing few actions. Should actually be on time for once?

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 20

Night begins. Chaos begins. Successor begins attack. Sniper takes aim, fires. Sleeping target dies instantly. Again, and Unknowing man dies midstep. A third shot, and unlucky Network Informant dies at table, scrawling notes now covered in blood. That's it for Sniper tonight, but not all deaths are done. Lurker walks through alleys, frightened, when throat slit. Assassin pushes body into shadows where won't be noticed for little while. Spy gets Society Member alone and brings him to his death. Five dead, five watch from gates.

"What does he think will come of this? I suppose I'll have to take action now... You have to learn to be civil in this town." Spins hat he picked up from front of gate then tosses onto ground. "Well, well, well, are things not going according to plan? What, second time this has happened? Hahah! Now you know how rest of us feel!" "Things go off track many times. I just have to bring them back..." "Killings never good it seems. And Successor's never good. Like that hat, bursting at the seams. I wonder if the maker knew it would... Mayor, where did you get that hat? Ever wonder where it's been? I mean... its owner will come looking. Where is that Hatter? Speak of the Devil..." "Now, now, now. You shouldn't make fun of my wares! Or mess them up, for that matter... It hurts!" The newly-appeared Hatter glares at Mayor and dusts off his hat. "What did you say was up?"

Cutting back in time to beginning of shooting, Explorer sits in inn. Writes in journal, detailing recent adventures. I would never believe what was at the temple to the West of this fair village if I hadn't seen it for my own eyes. You'd think temple, religious, maybe a cult? Oh, they were summoning demons. No, that's just it. It's not what you'd think. There's, you'll never believe me, an ancient library under there! Why that is, I don't know. What's in it, can't say either. Do know it's well hidden and stumbled upon it by accident. Why someone would hide this... continues writing through night, not noticing killings.

In building somewhere, man continues interrogating Child. "You don't know anything... Maybe this is growing out of proportion..." "Ah! Disproportional! I know him! He's not with them. He didn't kill my mom, I tell you! He's NOT A WOLF, I tell you... ...so leave him alone? I know. I was wassamacallit. Watching... Observing? He's nice..." "Maybe you do know something... maybe not... we'll see." Man scribbles something on paper.

Back on gate, Storyteller answers question in a verse:

..."Mayor combats Successor, for rule of this town
    ....Threatens them, fear instilled, killings all around
    .....Now, we must fight, as we grow less and less
    ......A vicious, endless cycle, death upon death."

Day rises, and town finds TBFProgrammer dead in streets. Frightened of death, must find culprits to kill.

Spoiler
    Show
    TBFProgrammer, the Lurker was assassinated. His role is not revealed
    Sleeping man was shot. He was None of you
    Unknowing man was shot. He was None of you
    Network Informant was shot, but he was None of you
    Society Member was killed, but he was None of you
    3 Clueless Newcomers remain in town.

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 4
    bladescape 3
    planswalker 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    Caprice 2
    usourselves&we 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 1
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1
    Penguinator 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    21 C'nor
    23 Matthias2207
    29 Zar Peter
    34 gunnar11
    37 Gray Mage
    38 Eternis
    44 Disproportional
    45 usourselves&we
    47 Grue Bait
    48 Penguinator
    50 bladescape
    -- Clueless Newcomers
    40 TigerFang
    41 Caprice
    46 Lex-Kat

Day 21 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

As we near end-game, votes for team majority is important. Village = +1 Village. Wolf = +1 Wolf. Bystanders = +0 (don't care either way, will vote either way, considered evens out sides). Once Wolf vote PASSES Village vote, Wolves win. If all Wolves die, Village wins. Bystanders win by surviving.

11 players -> 3 min to lynch

Missed 1 Day
    Matthias2207
    usourselves&we
    Grue Bait
    bladescape
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Pixie in the Playground

So.... how much does anyone want to bet that there is another twin called "yang" running around?

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Disproportional View Post
    So.... how much does anyone want to bet that there is another twin called "yang" running around?
    It would surprise me if there weren't.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It would surprise me if there weren't.
    A lot of roles have died in the night, so there is a possibility of it not running around.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Eternis, for obvious reasons.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Due to finals, extending round by 24 hours. Have 48 hours from this post to get votes in.

Current votes:
    Eternis - 1

Investigation votes:
    (none)

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Eternis. It took me a while to recollect the "obvious reasons."

I want to know more about the Spy.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, if someone could hold my nose on these obvious reasons... till then I point at usourselves&we, somehow I have the feeling this child in the narration is onto something.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2012-12-15 at 05:17 AM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Well, if someone could hold my nose on these obvious reasons... till then I point at usourselves&we, somehow I have the feeling this child in the narration is onto something.
    C'Nor scried Eternis as "Wolf Nightkiller."

Although, if he'd said that in the first place, it would be much easier to follow than "obvious reasons."

I would suggest scrying &we if you haven't already, C'Nor.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-12-13 at 02:24 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eternis, it is as much a continued test of C'nor as it is a continued test of the Child. Note the Child was not sure about Eternis, the Child was also did not know what to say about Bladescape.

and we lost our train of thought, so yeah. . .
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Bugbear in the Playground

Although, if he'd said that in the first place, it would be much easier to follow than "obvious reasons."

Well, that sounds reasonable. Unpoint usourselves&we, point at Eternis
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

I began to suspect Eternis, when he constantly voted for the Executioner's Choice. Just seemed odd to me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

12 hours or so left.

Current votes:
    Eternis - 5
    (Zar, this isn't Witchunt )

Matthias2207, gunnar11, Gray Mage, Eternis, Disproportional, Grue Bait, bladescape still need to vote.

Matthias2207, Grue Bait, bladescape must vote today or Day 22 to avoid AL

May wait for more votes before ending round but no guarantees. Get votes in.

Investigation votes:
    Spy - 1

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eternis to avoid the AL.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been regularly getting hit by a voider every three nights, so if you could, please?

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Orc in the Playground

No Vote
    I have no idea who's suspected and who's not and I don't want to kill an innocent by just doing what the rest does.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias2207 View Post
    No Vote
    I have no idea who's suspected and who's not and I don't want to kill an innocent by just doing what the rest does.
    My thoughts exactly: No Vote

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 21

"Don't worry. This will be all over soon. They've brought us to this. Just get me the Mayor, and we'll all be done. He needs to pay!!!" Successor looks at frightened crowd, unsure how to react, fear, anger, agreement, what wont get them killed. "Oh, lord, you don't know... Heheh... Heh. Hahahahahaha! Of course you woudln't know! What he's done. What he's done. You don't know... IGNORANT FOOLS! Open your eyes. Before it's too later. Oh, god, it's almost too late. They're here aren't they. They're already here. They're all here... Send them away! Force them out! We can do it if we work together..."

Mob still unsure of what to do, silent in fear. "Fine. Be that way. If no one will help me, I'll take care of it myself. We'll take care of it. This ends soon, with my death or his." Successor strides away, disappearing into alleys with confused crowd. After little while, Mayor steps up to where Successor was. "Don't mind him. He's an idiot. He'll get his in due time. We need to discuss who died last night, and who's responsible. It was Successor and Sympathizers of course. Who are they? Any suggestions?"

"It's the Spy! He's it!" "Oh yes. The Spy. Well, there's no one who can confirm who is. May not even have appeared yet, may have even died. Who he is, no one knows. Just shadow in darkness, killing any who figure him out, friendly to everyone else. So can't get rid of him if we don't know his identity. Any other suggestions?" "Him! He's been quiet! He may even be Killer! The quiet ones are always suspicious... Suspicious, I tell you!"

Vacationer speaks up, "Come on guys, you know me. I'm your friend, from way back when? I left right before this all started and only just came back! I don't know anything!" "Right, and how do we know you weren't evil back then? You're helping them! Admit it! Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!" crowd grows into frenzy and brings Eternis to gallows to be hanged, on vacation for eternity.

From afar, different places, Mayor and Successor watch, grin and frown, shaking head in amusement, frustration. From inside building, Candidate glares down at Mayor, keeping watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eternis, the Vacationer was lynched. He was the Vacationing Commoner
    TigerFang, Caprice, and Lex-Kat assume roles

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 4
    bladescape 3
    planswalker 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    Caprice 2
    usourselves&we 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 1
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1
    Penguinator 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    21 C'nor
    23 Matthias2207
    29 Zar Peter
    34 gunnar11
    37 Gray Mage
    40 TigerFang
    41 Caprice
    44 Disproportional
    45 usourselves&we
    46 Lex-Kat
    47 Grue Bait
    48 Penguinator
    50 bladescape

Night 21 begins
    ...and will end in 24 hours

*bladescape MUST vote Day 22 or be AL'd*

Missed 1 Day
    Gray Mage
    Disproportional

Missed 2 Days
    bladescape
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    I've been regularly getting hit by a voider every three nights, so if you could, please?
    And... how do you propose I do that?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

And... how do you propose I do that?
    You're not a seer anymore?