New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041
Results 1,201 to 1,229 of 1229
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Careless Village WW

Day ends, execution. Stopping votes & execution votes. Writing narration now.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 23

Mob meets again, clamoring confused over last night's no kill. "Did he get what he wanted?" "He said he was going to kill us, right?" "Does that mean someone's protecting us? Who?" Mayor arrives to calm them down.

"Greetings! It was a pleasant night, but as you can see, I'm still here. The Successor still has a motive, and I fear tomorrow night's killings will be worse than before to make up for last night. We need to get rid of them quickly if we want to stand a chance!" Mob nods in agreement and murmurs on who to kill. But they make no headway, and day drags on.

Back in Mayor's office, Legislator at work figuring out just what's going on. Poring over papers, thinking. Suddenly, bullet bursts through window, and Lex-Kat falls to table on top of papers. Successor forces window open and grabs papers, whatever he can. Flees quickly in fear of Mayor's return but got what he came for. Mayor returns to see Legislator's body and grows more angry at Successor. "Come now, that was uncalled for. I'm sure he would have been glad to help with your tasks, if you'd only asked? Now I'm left cleaning up your mess... We'll see about that..."

And so night falls on village, one more dead, few remain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lex-Kat, the Legislator was executed. She was the Protectorate
    No more spots remain. If you die, you're not coming back...

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 4
    bladescape 4
    planswalker 3
    usourselves&we 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    Caprice 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 2
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1
    Penguinator 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    29 Zar Peter
    37 Gray Mage
    40 TigerFang
    41 Caprice
    44 Disproportional
    45 usourselves&we
    47 Grue Bait
    50 bladescape

Night 23 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

There are no more Clueless Newcomer roles!

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

*TigerFang MUST vote Day 24 or be AL'd*

As we near end-game, votes for team majority is important. Village = +1 Village. Wolf = +1 Wolf. Bystanders = +0 (don't care either way, will vote either way, considered evens out sides). Once Wolf vote PASSES Village vote, Wolves win. If all Wolves die, Village wins. Bystanders win by surviving.

Missed 1 Day
    Caprice
    Disproportional
    usourselves&we
    bladescape

Missed 2 Days
    TigerFang
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Pixie in the Playground

Damn. Just missed voting. I had a good holiday, and am ready to get back in the game.

It seems like we have the wolves on the ropes. Anyone want to advance any theories about what is happening right now with the night kills? I'm out of ideas

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Night 23

"He's getting more impatient. Shouldn't you be doing something?" "If there were something to do, I'd do it. But I can't. It's as simple as that. They're not all here yet, and my plan can't go into effect until then. Sadly, my plan my have to leave the village out of it." "There won't be much of a village left if we wait a few days... Can you start it now?" "Not without more of the village than we have. Time grows thin. We need more, the last of us. He should be here..." "If you ask me, it's not worth it, well, waiting for him. He's always, what do you call it, fashionably late, now and again."

Away from gate, in building Interrogator: "This is worthless. Half the time you're right, half you're wrong. It's like you're just crying Wolf! Pete, can you tell me anything for sure? What have you observed?" "I... I... Don't kill him! Grue Bait! He's not a wolf! ...at least, I don't think he did it..." "This is pointless! It's probably just your imagination... Why are you looking for wolves anyway? PEOPLE killed your mom!" and Child bursts out crying again.

Meanwhile, Spy in Secret Society. "Alright. I think it's time you all knew. I've been a Spy in your midst the entire time. I'm sorry. Oh, and the wine I brought was poisoned. I thought you might want to know." looks on at faces stricken with fear and calmly packs things to go as two Members fall to ground, gasping for air suddenly. "Ah, I may have overdone it with the dosage. You really might die. Hmm... teaspoons next time, not tablespoons." Walks out door... Outside, Civilian lies dead, shot by Sniper. "What a pity..."

In morning, Mayor walks in to find Trio of dead bodies: usourselves&we. Under them are bloodstained papers stolen previous day. So day begins. With death.

Spoiler
    Show
    usourselves&we, the Trio was killed. His role is not revealed.
    A Society Member was killed. He was none of you
    Another Society Member was killed. He was none of you
    A Civilian was killed. He was none of you
    No more spots remain. If you die, you're not coming back...

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 4
    bladescape 4
    planswalker 3
    usourselves&we 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    Caprice 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 2
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1
    Penguinator 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    29 Zar Peter
    37 Gray Mage
    40 TigerFang
    41 Caprice
    44 Disproportional
    47 Grue Bait
    50 bladescape

Day 24 begins
    ...and will end in 48 hours

There are no more Clueless Newcomer roles!

New Mayor rules have been instated! Send in 2 things: (1) public decision of title to investigate. Write in blue. (2) private decision of person to lynch. Doesn't have to be who you vote to lynch in red. Send in QTs please. These will be used as Executioner replacement if no executioner exists. Mayor wants democracy in play: each person has say in who's investigated and who's lynched, even if don't come to public decision.

Executioner decision: if no executioner role exists, choose randomly from names sent in QTs. Weighted according to number of times. E.g. 5 votes for Count Dingdong, 1 vote for Rules Lawyer. Each vote for CD = 5 times as likely as RL. So imagine putting them in as lots in a ballot. Each vote for CD = 5 votes -> 25 votes; Each vote for RL = 1 vote -> 1 vote. CD has 25/26 chance of being chosen. RL has 1/26 chance. Think squares. Person chosen is lynched. Can choose your decision as No Lynch if want and same rules apply. Also, each time, random 10% chance to get no lynch regardless.

*TigerFang MUST vote Day 24 or be AL'd*

As we near end-game, votes for team majority is important. Village = +1 Village. Wolf = +1 Wolf. Bystanders = +0 (don't care either way, will vote either way, considered evens out sides). Once Wolf vote PASSES Village vote, Wolves win. If all Wolves die, Village wins. Bystanders win by surviving.

7 players remain -> 2 min to lynch

Missed 1 Day
    Caprice
    Disproportional
    bladescape

Missed 2 Days
    TigerFang
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

24 hours left, nobodies voted. Get voting or executioning. 2 min to lynch, TigerFang must vote or be AL'd. Think he's inactive since hasn't logged in since day before my PM and hasn't even read role.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think holiday season is bad for activity... point at Caprice as said yesterday.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1207

Executioner And New Years is always bad for activity. >>
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Extending nother 24+ hrs. Hopefully get more votes?

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Caprice, I guess. I need to catch up.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

With that, end of day. At end-game now. Narration up in morning. hopefully

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Day 24

Chaos. And the end of a long-fought battle. It begins on this day, day that lasts forever.

Started with Priest, making sermons, how death will be end of it, all will be gone soon, rest in peace knowing suffering will be gone. Town dislikes this, fears death, attacks him. Before midday, Caprice hangs from gallows, but doesn't end there. Watching from above on building, Youth turns in dismay and leaves, wishing never to return to this village. So TigerFang heads past gate, on journey elsewhere.

Back in town square, Mob meets with Mayor, pleading for help after deaths previous night. Fears for lives, and rightly so. Elsewhere, Subordinates meet with Successor: Spy informs of job well done, Society finally wiped clean, rid off all influence. Sniper cleans gun while informing what he's learned on the rooftops. Successor grins, says "Finally, it's time." and they head off, to final confrontation.

Successor walks into town square to confront Mayor, and villagers flee. "So. You finally brought up the courage to come here, to me. Well? What was it you wanted, anyway?" "You know! You... you've deceived everyone, brought them under your spell. They have no minds of their own, and you reap the profits! You should be dead, and I'm here to set things right, as my father wanted... He knew, so much more than you thought, he knew everything." "Ha! Everything? Then he must know I made this town. Do you know the significance of this? Did he? Of course not! And for that, you get these crazy notions. I suppose it won't stop what you're about to do, but do it anyway." "You think you know everything, Aubrey? So did he, this so-called successor of yours! Look where it brought him! He'll pay, and so will you..." Subordinates bring out Candidate and with little ceremony slit his throat then and there.

"Come, come now. I suppose while I'm still waiting on one, I can't stop you, but must you be this way? Truly, he knew less than even you. Right then. Let's get this over with. Carry on!" So Successor approached Mayor, intent to kill. But strange sound distracted him, couldn't place it: a ringing? thrumming? whirring? what? and looked away. turning back, Mayor was gone, his hat only memory, town square left with only Successor and Subordinates. So they were sent to search for him, but what they found never would have been expected.

On that later, but before, should speak of few others, from beginning of day. At daybreak, Monk approaches decrepit building. Heads inside to Interrogator, sound asleep, and moves to Child, picking him up and heading off, to bell tower. At top, sets symbols and begins protection, for who knows how long. "Mister, you're no wolf. We'll be safe here, right?" "Yes."

Back to town square, afternoon. Subordinates set out. Search town but come up empty-handed. Of everything, everyone. Town is empty, devoid of life but Subordinates and Successor. All have disappeared, gone without trace. Only thing left is new tapestry hanging from gate, as Gatekeeper patrols on top. Tapestry depicts happenings in town: Mayor dead, Candidate vs. Advisor, Candidate's short mayor-ship and Aubrey's return, Successor's scares, his revenge, their meeting, their wandering, and past that... a new village. Successor tears it down in anger and sees, on back, a map. Directions to explore until reaching new village, challenge perhaps? Vows next time victory will be more complete. He will see Mayor dead, if it's last thing he does.

Successor and company, in victory for the day, head to nother battle where hope things will turn out better. So night falls on empty village, now crumbling with age. Gatekeeper keeps gate, Monk keeps bell tower, and Child will grow up. But that's story for another day, nother time. Until then... good night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Caprice, the Priest was lynched. He was the Savior
    TigerFang, the Youth, left town on inactivity. He was an Eternal Commoner
    The Candidate was killed by Successor. He was none of you
    The Mayor and others left town. Other villagers vanish, to Successor's dismay
    GAME ENDS IN WOLF VICTORY

Publicly revealed wins:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Player Name Wins
    Zar Peter 4
    bladescape 4
    planswalker 3
    usourselves&we 3
    TigerFang 2
    Devmaar 2
    Caprice 2
    Grue Bait 2
    Nightpenguin 2
    Gray Mage 2
    Ramsus 1
    Matthias2207 1
    Eternis 1
    Chromasia 1
    gunnar11 1
    Tom the Mime 1
    Lex-Kat 1
    Kalrany 1
    C'nor 1
    Penguinator 1

Player List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ## Player Name
    29 Zar Peter
    37 Gray Mage
    44 Disproportional
    47 Grue Bait
    50 bladescape

Wolves Win!
    ...to be continued?

Final count: 2 Wolves, 2 Bystanders, 1 Village. Will give rest of roles and thoughts on games & lock QTs shortly. In meantime, don't post in-thread or share QTs.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-08-06 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Fixing tables

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Roles (spoilered for length):
    Spoiler
    Show
    #1: Original Baner: usourselves&we -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Original Baner. Once per night, you can choose one player to bane, protecting him from one night kill that night. You may bane yourself."

#2: Mason 1: The Grimmace -
    Spoiler
    Show
    went AWOL, so role got passed to Mason Commoner & Commoner went to Newcomer roles

#3: Alpha: superdark33 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Alpha Wolf. Once per night, you choose a target to kill. Other wolves will send suggestions to you, though there is a chance false information will be added in and some information may be lost in transmission. But don't be alarmed: your NK can't kill wolves. You scry as a Villager.

If you die, your NK is passed on to another Wolf at random."

#4: Original Voider: Gray Mage -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Voider, a Wolf. Each night, you choose one player whose abilities you void. This does not work on wolves.

As a Wolf, you may send Suggestion(s) to the NKer by posting them here. Suggestions will be given to the Alpha at the beginning of the night phase, so make them in the day or the PREVIOUS night."

#5: Original Commoner (Baner): Penguinator -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are an Original Commoner. After 3 days and nights pass, you turn into a Baner. Currently, you have no powers." -> "Common Baner - Each night, target one person to protect. Not as good as regular baner so can't protect self. Congrats on gaining powers."

#6: Original Commoner (Mason): TigerFang -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are an Original Commoner. After 3 days and nights pass, you connect with a Mason. Currently, you have no powers." - b/c Mason 1 went AWOL, this turned into Mason 1 - "You are one of the Original Masons. As Mason 1, you are connected with the Society Founder only. As a mason, you protect each other for the first day/night. Use that time wisely!"

#7: Original Beast: Ramsus -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Beast, a Wolf. When you are lynched, you bring another villager down with you at weighted-random. You will not bring down a wolf.

As a Wolf, you may send Suggestion(s) to the NKer by posting them here. Suggestions will be given to the Alpha at the beginning of the night phase, so make them in the day or the PREVIOUS night."

#8: Original Disguiser: Grue Bait -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Disguiser, a Wolf. Each night, you choose one player to disguise as something else (Village/Wolf/Neutral). You may not target yourself.

#9: Original Commoner (Seer): Zar Peter -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are an Original Commoner. After 3 days and nights pass, you turn into a Seer. Currently, you have no powers." -> "Common Seer - Each night, target one person to scry. Not as good as regular seer so cumulative 10% No Scry chance each night. Getting No Scry resets this. Congrats on gaining powers."

#10: Original Seer: Lex-Kat -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Original Seer. Each night, you choose one player to scry, returning Village/Wolf/Neutral. If you and another scry the same target, the scry returns No Scry."

#11: Mason A: planswalker -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are one of the Original Masons. As Mason A, you are connected with the Society Founder only. As a mason, you protect each other for the first day/night. Use that time wisely!"

#12: Original Executioner: Eternis -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Original Executioner. If the votes during the day don't result in a lynch, you choose the lynch target. If you die, this power passes to another Original Villager, if any are left."

#13: Original Fool: Matthias2207 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Original Seer. Each night, you choose one player to scry, returning Village/Wolf/Neutral. If you and another scry the same target, the scry returns No Scry." -> Fool rules: each person has set thing that they're scried as; Wolves = Town, self = Town, newcomer Fool = Wolf, 5 Original Villagers = Wolf, 10 Newcomer Bystanders/Town = Wolf, 5 Newcomer Town = Bystander, randomized at beginning."

#14: Original Devil: Forum Explorer -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are the Devil, a Wolf. Each night, you choose one player to scry, returning Village/Wolf/Neutral. If you and another scry the same target, the scry returns No Scry. If you scry an Original Villager, you learn the role as well. You do not see through the disguiser's disguise.

As a Wolf, you may send Suggestion(s) to the NKer by posting them here. Suggestions will be given to the Alpha at the beginning of the night phase, so make them in the day or the PREVIOUS night. You may not mention your scries, but your Suggestions (of scried players only) will not be removed from the Suggestion list."

#15: Society Founder: TBFProgrammer -
    Spoiler
    Show
    [QT auto-deleted role message for spam b/c it had a link in it... it basically said the same as the other Mason ones, but with Society Founder instead of Mason X or Member X]

#16: Secret Circle Member 2: Eternis -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Mason, part of the secret circle. A newcomer, you only know one other member. But at most any member knows only two. This system is set up to protect selves from traitors. Also, is a secret society for a reason. For first day and night as a member, you are unequivocally trusted and are protected by other members for lynch vote and night kills. After that, you're on your own to prove your worth. There are rumors that a traitor has found his way into your midst.

Win Condition: Remove traitor and keep Secret Circle alive. Even if you remove traitor, if no masons survive until the end of the game (no matter the winner), you cannot fulfill this win condition.

As Member 2, you are connected with Mason 1 only. As more members join, you may be connected to more."

#17: Newcommoner (Mason): C'nor -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Commoner, as name would imply. Recently moved to the village, you are trying to gain skills to help make community flourish. If you survive for three days as a Commoner, you link up with a Mason.

Win Condition: Receive a power role (Mason) and a Village win. Without an overall Village win, you don't earn this win condition."

#18: Newcommoner (Baner): planswalker -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Commoner, as name would imply. Recently moved to the village, are trying to gain skills to help make community flourish. If you survive for three days as a Commoner, you become a Baner.

Win Condition: Receive a power role (Baner) and a Village win. Without an overall Village win, you don't earn this win condition." -> "New Common Baner - Each night, target one person to protect. Not as good as regular baner so can't protect self. Congrats on gaining powers."

#19: Lazy Assassin: Gray Mage -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You were given a job in this town, and, short on money, took it. But the boss works you too hard. He forces to target one person to kill each night. But, is nice enough to give two days off, plus one for every three people you kill. Lazy as you are, seek to maximize days off... You are a Bystander (neutral) night killer. May target one person each night. If fail to choose a target, number of days off you have decreases. If have zero days off and fail to target a person (take another day off), are assassinated. For each 3 people you kill attempt, you get an extra day off.

Win Condition: Take at least 4 days off the job. Don't have to live through last day off."

#20: Paranoia Inducer: Grue Bait -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You came to town to revel in chaos all around. Taking joy in bloodshed, you do whatever you can to keep it going. While alive, all scries return that the player is a wolf. Also, narration itself begins to reveal you. First small hints then larger. Will include hints to role itself and its abilities. May include small hints to cover (i.e. the player you are). Role scries are unaffected. In terms of role scries, you are a seer. Cannot send a suggestion for the wolf night kill. You are Wolf.

Win Condition: Simply survive 5 days. At end of these, you suicide, dragging a non-wolf seer down with you, if any are alive, as well as another Villager. (still get standard win for lasting 5 days)"

#21: Master Disguiser: C'nor -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Master of disguise, you sneak into the city disguised as a normal Commoner. But work to help foil Villagers' plans. A Wolf Disguiser, automatically disguise self as a Village Commoner. In addition, can disguise one player each night as an alignment (Village/Wolf/Bystander) and role (Commoner/Mason/Seer/Baner/Voider/Disguiser/Beast/Killer/any others you find/make up) of your choice.

Win Condition: Have a Village Seer scry either a Villager disguised as a Wolf or a Wolf disguised as a Villager. To achieve this win condition, before-mentioned Villager must also die or before-mentioned Wolf must survive."

#22: Coward: Kalrany -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Although Village Commoner by nature (and scry), have been coerced into helping wolves. You win with wolves and send in suggestions like wolves. Other than that, you have no role. Cannot gain the Wolf kill role.

Win Condition: Send in a suggestion for a kill that is accepted by the killer. The game must end in a Wolf win for you to achieve this win condition."

#23: Inhibitor: Matthias2207 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You followed trail of the Supporter (another role) to this town. Don't know if he arrived before or after you. A Wolf voider, you choose one player each night to void. This blocks pretty much all abilities, including night kills done by that player. In addition, if the player normally improves as X amount of days/nights pass, that night doesn't count toward that total. If you void Supporter, the Supporter dies, but your void power disappears. Doesn't work on Wolves.

Win Condition: Outlast the Supporter. If you void the Supporter, the Supporter loses a win. If the Supporter is dead when you arrive in town, the win condition changes to void 5 different Villagers with subcondition of wolf win."

#24: Supporter: TBFProgrammer -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are Village Commoner by scry. Use ability to help others in need. When target a player each night, you increase abilities. A killer can pierce banes. Voider also voids the player his own target attempted to target. A baner protects self as well. A seer gets correct scries or both alignment and role scry for night. A mason, well... is just a mason. If target gets better as days go on, it's counted as if an extra day passes for them.

Win Condition: Support 5 different Villagers. If less than 5 villagers left including reserve when you join, must support all of them."

#25: Common Wolf: TigerFang -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As name implies, you are a commoner Wolf, waiting for your chance of glory. While can't do much, you can send in suggestions for the killer to kill. Also, if killer role dies when you're alive, role passes to you instead of to a random Wolf.

Win Condition: Send in a suggestion for a kill that is accepted by the killer OR become the killer. The game must end in a Wolf win for you to achieve this win condition."

#26: The Elusive: Tom the Mime -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In hiding from a certain individual: the Searcher. He seeks you out through scries each night, while you try and hide. Each night, can hide along with one other person, protecting them from all abilities that night, including night kills. May not protect someone twice in a row, and are not protected by this ability. If happen to hide the Searcher, you realize who he is and take him out of the equation. If happen to hide with non-Village night killer, they take chance to switch their kill target to you. If found by the Searcher, he takes you away from the city.

Win Condition: Avoid being found by Searcher and outlast him OR last to end of game w/o being found.

Oh, you are Village Baner by scry."

#27: Eternal Commoner: Tom the Mime -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Commoner. Unluckily for you, that's all you'll ever be and all you've been born to be. But that just gives you all the more reason to support your cause!

Win Condition: Exist. Though... you must get a Village win to achieve this win condition. (don't have to be alive, just Village win at end)"

#28: Fledgling Detective: TBFProgrammer -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hearing rumors of this chaotic village, you come to put skills to a test to figure out who's behind this all. A Village Seer, use detective skills each night to find the killers. You're new at this, so oftentimes you're wrong. Begin only able to scry one person's alignment (Village/Wolf/Bystander) with 50% success rate. As each night passes, success rate increases by 10%. As each third night passes, able to scry one extra person's alignment. Has a cost: success rate divided by number of people scried. If go above 100%, each extra 10% is 20% role scry. So 150% is perfect alignment and role scry.

Win Condition: Achieve above 100% scry and correctly role-scry, fulfilling your training as a detective."

#29: Boy Who Cried Wolf: Zar Peter -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You know the tale right? The boy, he cried wolf, and was mostly wrong. Well, you have a public scry. Every night, can choose to target one player, and that player will be revealed as Wolf/Non-Wolf PUBLICLY. This has 50% chance of being correct and 50% of being wrong. If choose not to use this ability for 2 or more nights in a row, can use it on 3 people at once following night to reveal them ALL as wolves, whether or not any/all are. A word of caution: the more you cry (Wolf or not), the more hints toward identity and ability will be revealed in narration. Oh, and you are a Bystander (neutral).

Win Condition: Outlast at least 3 of your targets."

#30: The Searcher: Penguinator -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are Bystander (neutral) Seer, searching for one of characters who might have entered the city already or who has not arrived. Only tool is seer ability, one on an endless cycle. Day 1, resting in preparation. Day 2, learn alignment (Village/Wolf/Bystander) of target. Day 3, learn role (Seer/Baner/Killer/etc.) of target (doesn't have to be same as Day 2). Day 4, learn both, but a 50% chance for each that you got it wrong... This cycle constantly repeats, and you remain in town until you find your target, the Elusive. If scry the role (Day 3/4 of your cycle) of the Elusive, you are informed that it's the Elusive and win. Alignment of the Elusive is unknown.

Win Condition: Find the Elusive. Once you do, take him, yourself, and a player you've scried as opposite team of the Elusive (if any). Also, don't suffer 2-day ghost delay when you win with this character. If you think the Elusive is dead, you may state in thread "The Elusive has died. I am no longer needed here." or something like that. If you do, you leave town, achieving half of a win and no delay if correct."

#31: Knight in Shining Armor: Devmaar -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Riding into town on noble steed, you vow to protect innocents from the chaotic murders happening in this town. But, as public figure working to promote good in society, you only protect from the public lynch, stepping up to stop the Executioner's axe or the hangman's gallows. Each night, you, as Village Day-Baner, can choose a single player to protect from next day's lynch vote or Executioner's axe, if it comes to it. Ignorant of some evil, he pays little attention to night killings and focuses on murders in front of him that he can stop. Even if he may be wrong about who's truly innocent... Has an extra life for lynches. Cannot day-bane self.

Win Condition: Protect a Villager from a lynch vote or Executioner's axe."

#32: Yin: Nightpenguin -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A well-made cyborg, supposedly a counterpart to another. Programmed to eventually reach this town and may meet his counterpart here. Keeps his identity secret for fear of not fitting in. However, is very strong, being a cyborg. Yin is a Wolf Beast, killing one non-Wolf who voted him lynched. Yin may not publicly reveal his identity (on penalty of death). Cannot send a suggestion for wolf night kill.

Win Condition: Yin must find and publicly reveal Yang, his counterpart. Format is approximately this: "[Player name here] is my counterpart, Yang." If you give the wrong name, you die. If you are correct, you and Yang die, taking two other players with you (you take a non-Wolf) and fulfill both your win conditions. If you do, you don't incur 2-day delay for revival. In other words, you can join the next day.

---Special Condition: If you think Yang is dead (public death or other reason), you may state "Yang is dead." If you do, you die regardless. If you are correct, you get half of a win, take a non-Wolf down with you, and don't incur 2-day delay for revival. If you're wrong, it's a normal death.

Warning: try not to reveal name of Yin or Yang for potential of accidental false claim. Being lynched generally better than dying on accident. ;)"

#33: Hero of Justice: Lex-Kat -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You came to this town either because of evildoings of the Evil Villain or because Evil Villain will appear soon. You take your trusty Sidekick and battle evil together. If Sidekick is currently alive (whether in town or not), you get results of his scries. If Sidekick is in town, he constantly night-banes you. You are a Village night killer. May choose to target one person each night to kill. If target is the Evil Villain, you kill him regardless of whether or not he's protected. If target is a Villager, you have 50% chance of killing him. If Sidekick is alive and in town, chance decreases to 25%. Also have a limited role scry. Scry only works on nights that Evil Villain targets a player and can only find Evil Villain. Returns No Scry/Evil Villain/No Villain. Wolves will still return No Villain. Also, if you are targeted by the Evil Villain, are protected and learn his identity. You have an extra life for lynches.

Win Condition: Defeat Evil Villain without killing any innocent civilians. Sidekick doesn't have to be alive for you to win. If fail this win condition, cannot win the standard Villager win condition for this character."

#34: Yang: gunnar11 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A well-made cyborg, supposedly a counterpart to another. Programmed to eventually reach this town and may meet his counterpart here. Keeps his identity secret for fear of not fitting in. However, is very strong, being a cyborg. Yang is a Villager Beast, killing one non-Villager who voted him lynched. Yang may not publicly reveal his identity (on penalty of death).

Win Condition: Yang must find and publicly reveal Yin, his counterpart. Format is approximately this: "[Player name here] is my counterpart, Yin." If you give the wrong name, you die. If you are correct, you and Yin die, taking two other players with you (you take a non-Villager) and fulfill both your win conditions. If you do, you don't incur 2-day delay for revival. In other words, you can join the next day.

---Special Condition: If you think Yin is dead (public death or other reason), you may state "Yin is dead." If you do, you die regardless. If you are correct, you get half of a win, take a non-Villager down with you, and don't incur 2-day delay for revival. If you're wrong, it's a normal death.

Warning: try not to reveal name of Yin or Yang for potential of accidental false claim. Being lynched generally better than dying on accident. ;)"

#35: Newcomer Seer: Kalrany -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Seer. Every night, can scry one player to determine their alignment (Village/Wolf/Bystander). By finding these wolves, you may be better able to help the Villagers.

Win Condition: Correctly scry 3 or more wolves. An false scry does not count toward this total."

#36: Secret Circle Member IV: gunnar11 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Mason, part of the secret circle. A newcomer, you only know one other member. But at most any member knows only two. This system is set up to protect selves from traitors. Also, is a secret society for a reason. For first day and night as a member, you are unequivocally trusted and are protected by other members for lynch vote and night kills. After that, you're on your own to prove your worth. There are rumors that a traitor has found his way into your midst.

Win Condition: Remove traitor and keep Secret Circle alive. Even if you remove traitor, if no masons survive until the end of the game (no matter the winner), you cannot fulfill this win condition.

As Member IV, you are connected with Mason 1 only. As more members join, you may be connected to more."

#37: Newcomer Devil: Gray Mage -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Wolf Seer. When you scry someone, you learn alignment (Village/Wolf/Bystander) and role (Commoner/Mason/Seer/etc...). Can scry one person per night. Your scried suggestions will not be removed, but your name also won't be removed from other's suggestions.

Win Condition: Scry at least five Villagers."

#38: Vacationing Commoner (Mason): Eternis -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Back from vacation, you try to rejoin Masons. Have to wait few days for paperwork to go through but you're pretty sure can last that long. If last 3 days, contact a mason.

Win Condition: Have Original Village win (that happened already) and last long enough to obtain power role (Mason)."

#39: Newcommoner (Seer): Caprice -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Commoner, as name would imply. Recently moved to the village, are trying to gain skills to help make community flourish. If you survive for three days as a Commoner, you become a Seer.

Win Condition: Receive a power role (Seer) and a Village win. Without an overall Village win, you don't earn this win condition." -> "New Common Seer - Each night, target one person to scry. Not as good as regular seer so cumulative 10% No Scry chance each night. Getting No Scry resets this. Congrats on gaining powers."

#40: Sidekick: TigerFang -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Meant to come to town with Hero of Justice, got separated along the way. With Hero of Justice dead already, would take revenge but Evil Villain's already dead. Nothing you can do, you're just lowly Commoner, forever.

Eternal Commoner
    You are a Village Commoner. Unluckily for you, that's all you'll ever be and all you've been born to be. But that just gives you all the more reason to support your cause!

Win Condition: Exist. Though... you must get a Village win to achieve this win condition."

#41: The Savior: Caprice -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A self-claimed hero, entered town seeking fame and glory. Tries to root out cause of this evil. Caring only about yourself, you care little for Bystanders in the way as you eliminate Wolves. Do feel an obligation not to kill Villagers, but... a life for a life, good for evil is fair trade, right? Think you're all that, but your powers are only so-so. Each night can target a player to attempt to night kill. Start off with a 50% chance, but increases by 10% for every successive time you fail. Resets of course each time you're successful. If you kill a Wolf killer role, you're told so. Otherwise, identity of your target is hidden.

Win Condition: Kill a Wolf Killer role. You may not have more Villager kills than Wolf kills with your power to achieve this win condition. Bystanders kills are irrelevant."

#42: Villain Wannabe: gunnar11 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A person following the footsteps of evil, this character is a Wolf Killer. But... he's not too skilled at his job. Has 3 kill attempts that he can choose to use at any night (one a night). May not kill baned/otherwise-protected players. Have 10% chance of killing wolves on accident. Kill attempts are used up whether or not he successfully kills target. Thus, often waits until he's sure his target is civilian to attack! He sticks around Devil and eavesdrops, getting 50% chance to overhear scry and a further 50% chance of hearing correctly each night. Assuming he hears anything, he knows who was scried by the Devil. Does not actually know the Devil's name. After using all 3 kill attempts, becomes a Common Wolf.

You may not use power during Night 1, but you may on Night 2 and later.

Win Condition: Kill at least 2 people with kill attempts." -> "Common Wolf - As name implies, you are a common Wolf, waiting for your chance of glory. While can't do much, you can send in suggestions for the killer to kill."

#43: Foolishly Foolish Fool: Chromasia -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Seer. Every night, can scry one player to determine their alignment (Village/Wolf/Bystander). By finding these wolves, you may be better able to help the Villagers.

Win Condition: Correctly scry 3 or more wolves. An false scry does not count toward this total." -> Real Role: "Foolishly Foolish Fool - Gets the seer notice but is much more often wrong than he's Wright. He has a 10% chance of getting a correct scry each night.

Win Condition: Scry correctly at least once. If have yet to scry correctly by your 10th night, you scry correctly on your 10th night."

#44: Newcomer Baner: Disproportional -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Baner. Using powers, you can protect one person each night from night kill. This power protects single player each night on any team from any night kill and cannot be broken unless by a combination of powers (i.e. double night kill on the same player). Cannot protect self.

Win Condition: Protect a Villager from a Wolf night kill."

#45: Secret Circle Member β: usourselves&we -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Village Mason, part of the secret circle. A newcomer, you only know one other member. But at most any member knows only two. This system is set up to protect selves from traitors. Also, is a secret society for a reason. For first day as a member, you are unequivocally trusted and are protected by other members for lynch vote and night kills. After that, you're on your own to prove your worth. There are rumors that a traitor has found his way into your midst.

As Member β, you are connected with Member 2 only. As more members join, you may be connected to more."

#46: The Protectorate: Lex-Kat -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a Bystander (neutral) character who entered town trying to stop the madness going on. You are constantly protected from night kills. Also, when player attempts to night kill you, you learn their identity without fail. With knowledge you gain, try to stop killing as best you can.

Win Condition: Cooperate in getting a character who tried to night kill you lynched. After, leave the town feeling satisfied at a job well done. If you fulfill your win condition, you don't take the 2-day ghost delay. Since no more roles left, instead of no ghost delay, get end-game win as well when leave town."

#47: Clueless Infiltrator: Grue Bait -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A newcomer, planned to take part in the chaos around, but have been picked up by a team set against stopping it. You are a Wolf but also a Village mason. You win with Wolves but scry as Village and are part of the Mason chain. As mason, you are protected first day and night after losing Clueless Villager status. You may also send a suggestion for the wolf night kill each night, but it can only be name of a Mason you are connected to.

Win Condition: Have 3 masons die while you're alive OR be the last mason standing.

---------------

Given fake role PMs (only stuff inside of quotations!) also just in case. You are Secret Circle Member δ (Delta).

Mason PM: "You are a Village Mason, part of the secret circle. A newcomer, you only know one other member. But at most any member knows only two. This system is set up to protect selves from traitors. Also, is a secret society for a reason. For first day as a member, you are unequivocally trusted and are protected by other members for lynch vote and night kills. After that, you're on your own to prove your worth. There are rumors that a traitor has found his way into your midst.

As Member δ, you are connected with Member β only. As more members join, you may be connected to more."

Newcommoner (Mason) PM: "You are a Village Commoner, as name would imply. Recently moved to the village, you are trying to gain skills to help make community flourish. If you survive for three days as a Commoner, you link up with a Mason.

Win Condition: Receive a power role (Mason) and a Village win. Without an overall Village win, you don't earn this win condition."

Once Newcommoner becomes Mason: "Promoted to Secret Circle Member δ

As a Mason, are protected for next day and night and are connected to another Mason. May be connected to more as they join.

If game ends in Village win, get extra win for this role.""

#48: Secret Circle Member XII: Penguinator -
    Spoiler
    Show

As Member XII, you are connected with Member IV only. As more members join, you may be connected to more."

#49: Evil Villain: Matthias2207 -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Following Hero of Justice, or lying in wait to attack, you know he will come to this crime-ridden town. You wish to defeat him here. Create chaos to bring him in and try to get him and his sidekick killed. But can't do it alone, and must keep up your cover... You have a night kill, ONLY if you don't vote in lynch vote or give suggestion to Wolf night kills. Night kill is limited; cannot kill Hero of Justice or the Sidekick. If targets a Wolf, there's 25% chance of killing it on accident. Can only be night killed by the Hero of Justice (or Avenging Hero of Justice). If target Hero of Justice or Sidekick, reveal yourself to them. You do not receive suggestions and are not told why your night kills fail, if they do. Remember 3 days without lynch voting = autolynch, so don't overuse night kill. You're Wolf NKer.

Win Condition: Outlast Hero of Justice and Sidekick. If Hero of Justice is alive at end of game, you cannot achieve normal Wolf win with this character. Avenging Hero of Justice does not count as the Sidekick.

Since Hero of Justice knows when use NK ability, would suggest caution in using it."

#50: Erratic Baner: bladescape -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A powerful spiritualist, came to this town to hone protective powers and do, well... whatever good you can! In night phase, you can choose to bane two players aside from yourself (or one, but don't get any bonuses from baning only one). If you do, there's a 1 night cool-down period. You're pretty powerful, even if only in small bursts, so bane can't be broken unless you're voided. Also, if use your bane power 3 times, it upgrades so you bane everyone for a single night, with a 3 night cool-down. But you can still use the 2 players/night instead if you wish.

You may not use power during Night 1, but you may on Night 2 and later.

Win Condition: Last long enough to use your upgraded power and uber-bane. Must also successfully bane someone using the 2-people/night bane power."

#51: Secret Circle Member B: C'nor -
    Spoiler
    Show

As Member B, you are connected with Mason A only. As more members join, you may be connected to more."

-------------------------

That's all roles! On to wins and overall winners.

Winning roles: #6 for getting rid of Original Wolves, #9 for getting rid of Original Wolves, #20 for lasting 5 days and beasting, #23 for lasting past Supporter, #26 for lasting past Searcher, #29 for outlasting at least 3 of his targets, #31 for protecting a villager from the lynch, #33 for outlasting the Evil Villain (meant to be for killing Villain, but miswrote...), #34 half-win for knowing Yin was dead, #47 for getting rid of masons, #50 for uberbaning and successful bane at least once

Pity wins: #30 for not informing Elusive was trying to kill him, #49 for really unbalanced pairing...

Survival Wins: #29, #37, #47, #50

6 wins - bladescape, Zar Peter
    5 wins - Grue Bait
    3 wins - usourselves&we, Gray Mage, planswalker, Devmaar
    2.5 wins - Matthias2207
    2 wins - TigerFang, Lex-Kat, Tom the Mime, Kalrany, Caprice, Nightpenguin
    1.5 wins - Penguinator, gunnar11
    1 win - Ramsus, Eternis, C'nor, Chromasia
    everyone else had 0 wins

bladescape & Zar Peter are winners with Grue Bait close behind!

going to write my comments on game but may take while. Can comment on game as you like. can post QTs you want to share, but don't if have links to other QTs in them (Mason QTs). Will go round scrubbing QT links from QTs but in meantime hold off. Will also get round to locking QTs that haven't been locked yet.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground

i liked the idea, but i didnt have much fun, as all my kills were somhow baned and i was lynched for makeing spell errors and nothing else.

Which means, its just a normal game.
    Despite everything, its still me.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Mason QT links have been scrubbed, QTs locked. Can post QTs as wish. Will hopefully get my thoughts up in near future but may take little while still.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

It fell apart when December hit. Internet kind of takes a back seat at that time.

I didn't have as much fun being a mason as I did being the searcher. Only having access to one other mason ever didn't really do anything for me. Actually, that's not entirely true, gunnar just never bothered to post in the thread.

It would have been nice to know that the Elusive could kill me; that totally screwed me over with the role that I actually enjoyed. And sometime between being killed and getting the next role, I posted in the QT, "...Dammit, I think Tom was my target."

Oh, yeah, and I almost got killed twice in the same night with the mason role. ...How did I manage to be such a target this time?
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-03 at 02:10 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Began with Originals, Village beat Wolves. Sure, was close, but Village had advantage most of time, specially since both teams had to defeat entire other team. At end-game, when all roles taken, again Wolves were 2x Village, as was in beginning (luck of draw...). This time, Wolves took control, and Village failed. Was very close up to end but wasn't necessarily going to be.

At beginning, tons of Village picked, few Wolves. First was wave of Seers. Think 5+ seers at some point? At that time, only one Wolf though (Nightpenguin). Then they started dying, and Wolves arrived. Many stayed alive til end b/c weren't picked til end. Example: Spy was last Mason to join. If Wolves were picked earlier, would have been more disadvantaged.

Changing for next time: both teams have same number of people, pretty much same roles (balanced). team wins by eliminating other team, bystanders don't matter (win by surviving). Still have survival wins and individual wins.

Originals will have basically same teams, each will have team kill. There won't be Wolves & Town but two separate groups vying for control of village. Will be one bystander at beginning. Still 15 Originals, 35 Newcomers.

Masons will not have spy but will all be connected in ring format (not line). So if 3 at beginning, each knows 2 others. When joining, connect in between 2 others. Half will be one team, half the other. No team flips on death.

Originals will have individual win conditions as well.

On to reviewing roles for this game:

Village Seers needed to learn roles, not just teams. Or Newcomer Devil shouldn't have gotten roles. Liked Fledgling Detective, liked Boy Who Cried Wolf, liked Paranoia Inducer. Searcher needed to know to stay hidden. That's it for seer roles.

Weren't too many baners, special ones were Knight in Shining Armor, Elusive, Erratic Baner, and Protectorate. All worked as should, but Protectorate didn't try for win condition... not much to say cept Baners didn't do much.

Killer roles: Villain Wannabe, Lazy Assassin, Hero of Justice, Evil Villain, Savior. Lazy Assassin was good but died too early. Savior just had bad luck and came in too late. Villain Wannabe came too early and used up things too quickly, also got baned once. Hero/Villain pair needed to be fixed. Villain should have been able to kill Hero, maybe not Sidekick. Really messed up there, apoligize.

Commoners: 3-day delay is fine, sadly some didn't last long enough. Not much to say bout them

Yin/Yang = interesting but just didn't happen to be around together long enough. would probably had let comment of twins slip through but did very little to hint at roles.

Disguisers/Voiders/Beasts = nothing special

Masons worked well, had some conversations but didn't break game by being connected since threat of spy. Funny thing is, freaking out bout spy that wasn't around yet. Could have even had red herring (no spy at all) & would have worked similarly, since they'd think there was. Original Masons may have been unbalanced though, specially w/ one revealed Day 1. But newcomers weren't since revealed Mason was later lynched b/c wasn't believed or thought spy.

-----------------------------

Thoughts on end-game: first turning point was gunnar11's beasting. C'nor killed that day -> 3 Bystanders, 3 Wolves left. 50/50 chance gunnar would hit Wolf. Since did, Wolves hurt greatly and Village advantage. Otherwise, Wolves might have had advantage.

second turning point = Lex-Kat targeted by Gray Mage. As Protectorate, revealed Gray Mage tried to kill her. But didn't even mention it, trying to kill Zar Peter next day. Then got killed, and Village lost chance for a turnaround. Could have brought down to 1 Wolf left and would have gotten 2 wins out of it, to end at 4 wins. that sealed Wolf victory.

possible other turning point: Gray Mage getting wolf kill. may have been OP as devil but more OP was his ROLE scry that few other seers had. Either way, still fight for win and could have lost b/c of Lex-Kat regardless. or been beasted by gunnar

---------------------

Serious congratulations to bladescape for lasting from Day 1 (or maybe Day 2) until Day 24 w/o being killed. Don't think he was ever mentioned for kill either. Only person to never be killed, started from beginning. "Last in the books, Last stander." indeed...

in my books, he stands slightly above Zar for 1st place, but Zar also did good: final Original & was never killed even with hints for Child (figured NKer would want to get rid of Seer?)

Grue Bait went unnoticed but got many wins cause of it. Despite clues in narrations, no one went after him + got win as Paranoia Inducer. Stayed silent to not give self away to masons & got win there too. &we could have figured out based on when joined (or at least narrowed down) but didn't spend time.

those were 3 winners and good job to them. congrats to everyone else for sticking with it, and many got 3 roles! How'd you like revival system? Things you liked/didn't like? Next one won't be out for while b/c takes up too much of my time.

Thanks for playing! I really enjoyed it, hope you did too!

17. - Top - End - #1217

Thank you for the game, was really interesting, especially with the resurrection mode.

First Role: Original Commoner (Seer):

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/63PEDuJHppXZ

I just read it a bit again and memories are coming back... it's amazing how often I scried Grue Bait without success. And the last scry in the night would have been Nightpenguin, I think he was a wolf then.

And for me very important: I held the title executioner, mayor and last original standing for one day. This went pretty well for me.

Second role: Boy who cried wolf:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/feki99bdp37

This was a nice role, another scry role and opnely, too. And from the role description it was completely the same if I scried as fool or as seer as long as the people I scried died.

You will see that I at first concentrated on fulfilling my task in getting the people I scried down but after I fulfilled my win condition I tried to help town. Well, couldn't do much since my scries where still thwarted or plain wrong but still, I tried.
    And in the end christmas killed the thread and I could slip through unnoticed (seriously, after Count Dingdong named the kid in the thread Pete I thought I'm toast).

Well, thanks again for narrating!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    possible other turning point: Gray Mage getting wolf kill. may have been OP as devil but more OP was his ROLE scry that few other seers had. Either way, still fight for win and could have lost b/c of Lex-Kat regardless. or been beasted by gunnar
    Oh yeah, being a scrier with the kill was very powerfull. It allowed me to target Lex and avoid Gunnar when I learnt their roles.

Lazy Assassin had potential, but I died too early. It'd have been bad if someone got him in the very late game, due to the amount of nights needed to win for him, though.

QTs:
    Original Voider
    Lazy Assassin
    Newcomer Devil

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait. Even when the Devil scried other wolves, we weren't put in contact? What exactly was the point of having a passive protection role if there was quite literally no way to get in contact with your team?

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I didn't have as much fun being a mason as I did being the searcher. Only having access to one other mason ever didn't really do anything for me. Actually, that's not entirely true, gunnar just never bothered to post in the thread.
    If I recall correctly, you didn't try to contact me either, now did you?

Anyways: My inbox is empty, so I lost my QT's.
    Can you post them here, Count DingDong?

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Good fun game. The number of executioner votes was a bit frustrating though, especially after the new executioner format was brought back which clearly favours the wolves if people decide to no lynch (not criticising the mechanic, just irritated at how town responded to it).

It would have been nice to know that the Elusive could kill me; that totally screwed me over with the role that I actually enjoyed. And sometime between being killed and getting the next role, I posted in the QT, "...Dammit, I think Tom was my target."
    Yep. I think my point was the only one on you when you claimed too. Best point in any game I've made so far . Before you claimed, I remember thinking "It fits his roleplay but he wouldn't roleplay his actual role if there was someone hunting it, would he?". Turns out you didn't know. Got my kill and 2 successful banes over 7 nights in that role.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post

Have you registered at quicktopics? If so, you should be able to see all of them at My Topics.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Halfling in the Playground

Wow, I can't believe I was the only wolf at the time; no wonder I didn't get any suggestions that night. Anyway, QT here: Yin

Characters:
    Adventuring School: Irian

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Wait. Even when the Devil scried other wolves, we weren't put in contact? What exactly was the point of having a passive protection role if there was quite literally no way to get in contact with your team?
    had trouble weighting connecting with team. For one, was problem of resurrection. For two, would have been group working together behind scenes with no balance on Village side. Masons never knew all others, could have lied/kept anonymous, and knew of spy in their midst so couldn't reveal anything. If Devil scrying wolves put them in contact, that could be unbalancing. And then those wolves likely wouldn't be able to return, for meta-gaming purposes.

Maybe people could have realized "there's group working together! They're probably wolves!" but probably not. Also would give players ability to fake-claim Mason better. not sure if that's pro or con.

Villain Wannabe
    Secret Circle Member IV
    Yang

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    The number of executioner votes was a bit frustrating though, especially after the new executioner format was brought back which clearly favours the wolves if people decide to no lynch (not criticising the mechanic, just irritated at how town responded to it).
    Yeah, Village needed to do more executing. Think Gray Mage was main person doing it? But first one (ended in No Vote) had 2 votes C'nor & 1 Vote each TBF and No Lynch. C'nor (Master Disguiser, fake-claiming Seer) very close to being killed (60% chance). But ended in No Lynch anyway (25% chance)

but was meant as means to get town voting and rooting out wolves. Figured more immediate penalty for letting go to Executioner would work. But still didn't make people vote much.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Right. Don't think I explained how suggestions actually worked. When players gave suggestions, small percent chance Village would be removed, so couldn't guarantee "oh, it didn't make it there! That person must be Wolf!" but worked well enough to gauge. Slightly bigger percentage Wolf names would stay. So even if name made it there, couldn't be completely sure it was Village. Example: Forum Explorer made it to suggestions Day 1, was Devil. Bystanders were never removed.

For each name in living player list at beginning of day, small percent chance would be randomly added and not removed. Think most added for one day was 3. Basically to not allow killer to know how many wolves were alive. Could be 5 Wolves gave suggestions, all were wolf names, none got through. Could be 0 Wolves gave suggestions, 3 were randa-added. Was interesting mechanic, and thought worked well. Thoughts?

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

*raised eyebrow*

What QT were you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Yep. I think my point was the only one on you when you claimed too. Best point in any game I've made so far . Before you claimed, I remember thinking "It fits his roleplay but he wouldn't roleplay his actual role if there was someone hunting it, would he?". Turns out you didn't know. Got my kill and 2 successful banes over 7 nights in that role.
    The funny part is, I started roleplaying before I got the role.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-03 at 10:40 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Barbarian in the Playground

*raised eyebrow*

What QT were you looking at?
    That's... Odd...
    I'm sure that wasn't there before.
    I really don't know what happened...
    Well, Sorry, then.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Welp, I was actually pretty lazy in this game. And as Pengi pointed out, it meant I had a role that wasn't very involving. Unfortunately this also ties in with me being a neutral, so yeah.

Ended up doing fairly well. Sheer survival was my biggest point, and I was happy with the way things fell into place. There was a few times I screwed the wolves over with predicting who they would kill, I think three different nights? And Tom was lucky that he killed Pengi on one of my off days, or that would've been baned too. XD

QT wasn't much to look at.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    And Tom was lucky that he killed Pengi on one of my off days, or that would've been baned too. XD
    Tom's role would have nulled bane on Pengi