New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

[The Junkyard]

"All right, then. This 'orange tossing' sounds like something I'd be good at, at least."

After a bit more searching, Night Jewel found a good collection of materials and went to ring the horn. She didn't know what was going to happen, but she knew it would be interesting.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #872
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Despite it being a horn and having noting inside of it to make a sound when shaken, the horn emits a soft ringing noise.

"Good. Now put on hat and make offer on Junk." Mr Legs laughs as he trots over of a bucket of fresh citrus fruit.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Well anyways, the xanadu mare herself busied herself with looking around for junk and scrap metal. Also, one can never have enough chicken wire.

Among some other junk, she found a door handle, and an old set of bongo drums with a large dent in one of its sides. She was prepared to bargain, but only after Night Jewel finished.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Despite it being a horn and having noting inside of it to make a sound when shaken, the horn emits a soft ringing noise.

"Good. Now put on hat and make offer on Junk." Mr Legs laughs as he trots over of a bucket of fresh citrus fruit.
    Night Jewel put on the hat. "This thing doesn't quite go with my colours, does it," she chuckled.

"So... offers. Tell me, what is your favourite colour? It might make this a little easier."

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Night Jewel put on the hat. "This thing doesn't quite go with my colours, does it," she chuckled.

"So... offers. Tell me, what is your favourite colour? It might make this a little easier."
    "I like orange. That why you throw orange." Mr. Legs responded. Then he tossed an orange in the pony's direction. "You catch. You make offer. You throw orange at my house."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride thought about what she would barter. Actually, that wondering was cut short, she had an idea.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I like orange. That why you throw orange." Mr. Legs responded. Then he tossed an orange in the pony's direction. "You catch. You make offer. You throw orange at my house."
    "Got it!" Night Jewel caught the orange, put it aside, then reached into her mane to retrieve a pouch of topazes. "These should do. What do you think?" She then put the pouch in front of him and let fly with the orange.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Got it!" Night Jewel caught the orange, put it aside, then reached into her mane to retrieve a pouch of topazes. "These should do. What do you think?" She then put the pouch in front of him and let fly with the orange.
    The old stallions eyes lit up at the sight of such precious gems. Then a hint of disappointment glossed his old wrinkles. "Oh my my. How little mare get such pretty things. I can not sell. They favorite color. Now if Wife color... Blue, then I can sell. This. This cannot sell. You want I starve. Want me eat cake? Trash out garbage?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

The old stallions eyes lit up at the sight of such precious gems. Then a hint of disappointment glossed his old wrinkles. "Oh my my. How little mare get such pretty things. I can not sell. They favorite color. Now if Wife color... Blue, then I can sell. This. This cannot sell. You want I starve. Want me eat cake? Trash out garbage?"
    "Right. Blue gems. I think I've still got some." Dang it, this will set my collections back a bit.

Carefully, Night Jewel stashed her topazes away and retrieved a slightly smaller pouch of sapphires. "These are what I have. Do you like them? They are some of my best."

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Right. Blue gems. I think I've still got some." Dang it, this will set my collections back a bit.

Carefully, Night Jewel stashed her topazes away and retrieved a slightly smaller pouch of sapphires. "These are what I have. Do you like them? They are some of my best."
    "This I can sell."

Then an orange hits the wall. "But I want keep blue. Take orange to sell." says the injecting Mrs. Legs.

The old ponies then argue loudly in a foreign language. If Silverpine was here, he'd be able to translate.

The following is spoken in Old Horssian
    If this young lady trades the orange gems, I will want to keep them.
    If this young lady trades the blue gems, I will want to keep them.
    Your preferences are invalid for the reason that this shop is under my name.
    I am the preparer of foods and drinks of my husband.
    You threaten to cook poorly and torture me with poor dinners?
    Yes.
    I will purchase a dress or repair the second oven with the profits from the blue gem sale. I know of fashion designers in Ponyville and in this town who will trade this gems for dresses.
    I will not be hypnotized by the mention of fashion due to my gender. That is insulting, dear.
    HYPOCRISY! All yesterday you complain about the duration of your last dress purchase.
    I am female. I deserve the right to be fickle and a hypocrite when it come to clothing.
    MORE HYPOCRISY!
    My previous statement.
    Then we shall trade for neither color.
    A worthy compromise. I still want my dress.

"Young lady, you have rubies or emeralds?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This I can sell."

Then an orange hits the wall. "But I want keep blue. Take orange to sell." says the injecting Mrs. Legs.

The old ponies then argue loudly in a foreign language. If Silverpine was here, he'd be able to translate.

"Young lady, you have rubies or emeralds?"
    Night Jewel laughed. Ah! So she has influence. That's good.

"Okay, then! This is even easier! I haven't gotten around to acquiring many emeralds, but I've definitely got rubies!"
    Once again, she switched the pouch for another, this time filled with red gems. It seemed someone had been rather busy recently.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Night Jewel laughed. Ah! So she has influence. That's good.

"Okay, then! This is even easier! I haven't gotten around to acquiring many emeralds, but I've definitely got rubies!"
    Once again, she switched the pouch for another, this time filled with red gems. It seemed someone had been rather busy recently.
    Mr. Legs pats Night Jewel's cheek."You so good. Wife, this one good girl. Accepted." He then pelts his house with two oranges. One splatters into an orange mess against the wall. "Woop! You bring us luck, little one. The son of a junk pony is smiled upon."

Mrs Legs then banged a gong which was not there before. "Next customer with hat!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #883
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mr. Legs pats Night Jewel's cheek."You so good. Wife, this one good girl. Accepted." He then pelts his house with two oranges. One splatters into an orange mess against the wall. "Woop! You bring us luck, little one. The son of a junk pony is smiled upon."

Mrs Legs then banged a gong which was not there before. "Next customer with hat!"
    "Good girl"? I wonder what he'd think if he knew where I got my gemstones.

Night Jewel chuckled. "Thanks. I'll put these to good use. It was nice doing business with you!" With that, she stepped back to let Gear do her thing.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride trotted over and nicked up the bartering hat off of Night Jewel's head and tossed it onto her own head. She trotted over to Mr Legs and dropped the basket of junk in front of him.

"Your offer first. On that note.....how are your supplies on that fruit leather I bartered to you last time?"
    She asked keeping a cool demeanor.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Good girl"? I wonder what he'd think if he knew where I got my gemstones.

Night Jewel chuckled. "Thanks. I'll put these to good use. It was nice doing business with you!" With that, she stepped back to let Gear do her thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride trotted over and nicked up the bartering hat off of Night Jewel's head and tossed it onto her own head. She trotted over to Mr Legs and dropped the basket of junk in front of him.

"Your offer first. On that note.....how are your supplies on that fruit leather I bartered to you last time?"
    She asked keeping a cool demeanor.
    "All gone. Pig eat. 4 cowweights for this junk." announces Mrs Legs after tossing an orange.

If Gearstride looks to her left, there sits a little pig. It sneaks up on the xanadu pony's side with oinkless stealth. And then it coughs.

The cough sends the pair of old foreigners into a horrified rear onto the hind legs. "Pig cough? Wife, get Grand-Nana's almanac."

With much haste, the old mare darts away and reappears with a large tome. The spine was retied with fruit leather. The pages seem ancient and with old inks and paper. The old mare open the book and slowly read the contents aloud after a few page turns. "Pig Cough on Timberwolf Moon Eve mean Curse of Worms. Grand-Nana suggest a Spilling of Yellows by the Pig-cursed."

"Thank you Grand-Nana for the wisdom of your whispers. Now. Where get yellows?" Mr. Legs taps his chin. "I know! Haha!" He runs off to the side of a mound of bananas and cheese. Then he carefully trotted back to Gearstride and placed it at her hooves.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

She glanced at the spine of the book and smirked. "Well that's one bonus use for fruit leather."

"Anyways, four cow weights? Eh, how about two barrels of fruit leather, and I spread the word around town about how your wife makes the best dirt pies."
    She said with a confident grin.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She glanced at the spine of the book and smirked. "Well that's one bonus use for fruit leather."

"Anyways, four cow weights? Eh, how about two barrels of fruit leather, and I spread the word around town about how your wife makes the best dirt pies."
    She said with a confident grin.
    Mr Legs looks at gearstide like her mouth just up and left. Why you not spill yellows? You like curse of worms from pig? Then he looked away to toss an orange. "3 barrel and I throw in giant spoon."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride let out a playful sigh and casually knocked over the 'yellows'. "Depends on just how giant this spoon is." She leaned in.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gearstride let out a playful sigh and casually knocked over the 'yellows'. "Depends on just how giant this spoon is." She leaned in.
    "Depends on the strength of the curse you banish." Mr Legs turns his head to address his wife. "Wife! Play me a song from my town of birth."

The blue mare nods and pulls an accordion from hammerspace. The song is delightfully simple and playfully upbeat. The coughing pig accompanies on rhythm by beating a pot while birds coalesce to add tweets.

"Haha. The song of the peanutmonger. Favorite." Then a tiny spoon fell on his head. The two teaspoons on his side. Three tablespoons beside Gearstride. Then ladle behind her. "I suggest you dance and barter."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

She pulled out the bongo drums with the dent she was gonna barter for and played a beat to add to the accordion and moved her body in a dancing manner while she sat.

"Two barrels and I play you a song."

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She pulled out the bongo drums with the dent she was gonna barter for and played a beat to add to the accordion and moved her body in a dancing manner while she sat.

"Two barrels and I play you a song."
    Mr Legs dances around in circles and chuckled. "Two barrels, a song, and you take the pig."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

Mr Legs dances around in circles and chuckled. "Two barrels, a song, and you take the pig."
    She glanced at the coughing pig and tilted her head. Maybe she could take the pig to a proper vet to get that cough checked out.

"Deal." She said with a grin.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She glanced at the coughing pig and tilted her head. Maybe she could take the pig to a proper vet to get that cough checked out.

"Deal." She said with a grin.
    "Accepted! Now we dance more! Haha Hoho!" The old pony does a silly jig.

Gearstride
    FRUIT LEATHER removed from Inventory
    FRUIT LEATHER removed from Inventory
    STUFF added to Inventory
    BEES added to Inventory

CONGRATULATIONS!
    PIG join party!

Night Jewel
    RUBIES removed from Inventory
    JUNK added to to Inventroy

CONGRATULATIONS!
    BARTER Skill increased by 1
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

And so Gearstride danced tapping her hooves, wiggling her flank and would play the bongos.

"You lot sure know how to party hearty~"

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ogre in the Playground

A flash of purple light briefly lit the library, before coalescing into the figure of a purple unicorn filly. She glanced around before calling out.

"Smoothie! Are you here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

"I think I saw her go up to her room. Also, ma'am, this is a library, please don't yell. This is a library." An NPC says

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Completely ignoring the NPC in her focus, Heart trotted up the stairs to Smoothie's room and knocked on the door.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

"What is it?" Smoothie inquires from the other side of the door.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "What is it?" Smoothie inquires from the other side of the door.
    Heart opened her mouth to reply, then second-guessed herself. What if Smoothie just teleported away because she was done at the cafe, and not because something was wrong?

Well, either way, Heart did still have a question, so ... "Candygram?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heart opened her mouth to reply, then second-guessed herself. What if Smoothie just teleported away because she was done at the cafe, and not because something was wrong?

Well, either way, Heart did still have a question, so ... "Candygram?"
    "I have no interest in candy. Give me the message, and you can keep the candy yourself. If this is in any way related to Hearts and Hooves day or romance, keep the message to yourself and tell the sender I said they can go to Tartarus."
    Smoothie replies.