New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Last Paladin IC - Part II

The paladin nods and retrieves some trial rations and water. "Lyanna, find a way to unlock the cage if we don't find a key." Bringing the food and water to the man, she kneels and says, "You are in luck. We have destroyed the troglodytes and driven away the serpent-demon. Here, I think these might be your clothes. I am Paladin Ye. What is your name,a nd how did you come to be here?" Karrin also hands the man his clothes.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

(I'm assuming you put Lyanna's shirt back on. If not, I can edit)

The man takes the food and water, quickly drinking first. Lyanna kneels down by the lock to try and open it, but it seems as though she is distracted.

"Thank you. My name is Kensin the Wanderer. I was trying to locate a settlement in which to lodge and trade when these lizard beastmen captured me. At first I thought they were some distant kin of the tribes near my home land, but then they brought me to the serpent-creature, the 'demon' as you called her. She held me as her personal slave, and I think she leeched life out of me. I feel weaker now than I did before."

With a click, Lyanna finally gets the lock undone. "There. Nothing to it. All it takes is a deft hand, er. That is, you have to be really good at sliding the pick into the... it's unlocked." She turns away, her face visibly reddened.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

(Karrin has put on the shirt for now yes, although it is a bit uncomfortable and tight,a nd isn't big enought o really cover her buttocks.

"She leeched a bit of my life away as well. We will be searching the serpent's personal chambers next, hopefully finding some magic items to restore our life essence. Kensin, what are your plans after you leave these tunnels? We are planning on traveling to a place called Whiteveil to coordinate and aid in combatting the fiends."

As the cell is unlocked, Karrin gives Lyanna a thumbs up. "Good work, Lyanna. Say, do you have any other clothing? The one you gave me earlier made it a bit hard to breathe. The ones you're wearing right now is a bit more tattered, but that also means it's less restrictive."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-09-04 at 11:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Kensin turns away from you to put on his outfit. You cannot help but notice Lyanna discreetly snatching a look at his rear as he does so.

"I would appreciate any help you can offer me. I am in your debt for rescuing me, and will aid you in whatever capacity you see fit. Could you tell me of this land? I have no previous ties to it, and am very much a foreigner."

"You said your name was Kensin?" Berich asks. "That's a Qeshadi name, isn't it?"

"It is indeed."
    Kensin finishes dressing and leaves the cage. "Tell me, have you by any chance seen my equipment nearby? In particular, my sword, Desert Wind?"
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-09-04 at 11:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin is serious about switching outfits with Lyanna if she wishes to, giving Lyanna an excuse to show herself off to this new hunk. "Kensin, these lands are not most unsettled. There WAS an inn a ways away from here, but it was attacked by demons and we are going to go back and lead those people to Whiteveil for their safety after we are done with our quest here. If you want to help, there are plenty of demons and devils to slay. We are trying to makr the lands safer for everyone, and would welcome ever capable person." The paladin continues telling the man about the surrounding area.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

You exchange clothes with Lyanna. She puts on the clothes in such a way as to show off her feminine features as she does so. Kensin allows himself to enjoy her act as he continues.

"When I roamed this land, I saw little in the way of settlements. Large armies of monstrous creatures roam the land; I used my wits to avoid them. It would be good if you could tell me the nature of these 'fiends' as you call them."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Lyanna's tattered clothes, barely modest on the slender elf thanks to all the damage done by the succubus, is completely immodest on Karrin. They are certain less restrictive, but that's because the top is tattered enough to expose fullly the lower halves of Karrin's heavy teats. The skirt is certainly tailored for a shorter indidivual as it only covers half of Karrin's buttocks if she stands still.

"There are two major divisions of fiends known as Devils and Demons. They both are from other planes of existance...the lower planes. Those are places of pure EVIL. The devils likely want to turn this world into a permanent outpost and extension of their home, the 9 layers of Baator. They are a lawful, but still evil bunch. The demons likely just want to sow as much pain and destruction as possible, as they are usually chaotic in nature. Either way, they are bad news, and we must drive them from these lands, and find a way to close the portals connection our worlds. Oh, is this your sword and armor?"

Karrin hands Kensin the shirt of mail and the curved blade.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

"When we get time, I can lower the hems on one of my outfits. You should probably be presentable when we get to Whiteveil. Not to mention riding bare-bottomed will probably chafe," Lyanna says discreetly to you while Kensin puts his armor on.

"Thank you for returning my sword to me. Desert Wind belonged to my father. It is important to me that I keep it, though not for the obvious reason. Though what I wouldn't give for my shield,"
    Kensin mutters. "Regardless, I will help you in this regard. My own people have long been the keepers of a nameless evil; while I cannot aid them, I can help restore your lands."
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-09-05 at 08:55 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin nods to Lyanna. "When we get back to the inn perhaps? Where we are safer? Right now we must press on. The skirt can wait until then."

When Kensin mentions the shield, Karrin remembers seeing a small round shield somewhere, and retrieves it from Gremler who was examining it. "This belongs to you as well? In fact, most of the things here seems to belong to you. You are likely also proficient with this longbow?"

As the group heads towards the succubus's room, Karrin inquires some more about Kensin. "If I may ask, if there is evil in your own lands as well, how come you would stay here and help with our evil instead of being home and driving out evil there?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Kensin smiles as you hand him the shield. "That has saved my life many times. Thank you, my lady."

"This bow takes a strong arm to pull," Lyanna says as she hands him the longbow and arrows.

"I don't believe I caught your name,"
    Kensin says as he accepts the weapons.

"Lyanna Rilynnaer, seeker of secrets and delver of dungeons. I've always had a fondness for traveling, seeing new things, and meeting interesting new people."

"We have much in common then. I find this land very interesting. There seems to be an abundance of fair maidens, if I might be so bold."
    As he looks away, Lyanna clenches her fist triumphantly.

"To answer your question, Lady Paladin, the evil in my land slumbers, and my people guard it to ensure it does not awaken. But I have already said too much. As to why I left, that was a matter of the family, you could say."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

"I see. I will not pry further then unless the matter becomes relevant. Welcome to the team, Kensin."

The group starts searching the private room for items.

"This here is Grembler. He looks a bit stange, but his heart is in the right place. And this is Berich. He joined me more recently and ha been a valuable combatant. the unconscious fella we're lugging around is Davkas. He is a friend, but in the battle against the serpent magic clouded his mind so we knocked him out."

Karrin whispers to Lyanna jokingky, "See, he appreciates the look. Maybe you should start going around skirtless from now on, with a shirt that goes down to just past your buttocks."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-09-05 at 04:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

You examine the room that you had only previously hurried through in combat in more detail. On the east side, in front of the secret passage you came in through, there is a large sleeping pit, lined with fine sand. Several male troglodyte bodies lie dead beside it. Kensin seems to shy away from this area.

There are also a variety of items in shelves carved into the stone walls. Many are alchemical ingredients, including :

• Alchemical Grease
    • Black Fester
    • Incense
    • Spellscorch
    • Belladonna

You also locate 4 large vials of a clear, phosphorescent liquid. Lyanna examines them. "These potions should help you regain your strength, Karrin."

As you introduce Grembler, Kensin says, "Do not worry. The Qeshadi have made accords of peace and friendship with many strange creatures."

When you go to introduce Berich, he just grunts apathetically.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin hands one vial to Kensin. "Here, drink this. That ought to restore us." Karrin drinks one herself, and gathers up all the materials. "I'm not even sure what to do with these materials. Any ideas Lyanna? Come on we need to go back to that one secret room with the ritual circle as well and search it and then destroy the circle."

Karrin leads everyone to the secret room and starts searching for items and profane things to destroy.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Negative Level removed.

The room's walls are lined with various items of magical significance. Red-tallow candles, crushed and whole gemstones, and several rods of carved wood.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"Any of these look useful?"

Karrin spends some time to look over the room and the items to check for evil auras.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

The entire room seems to bear an evil aura.

"Usable? Maybe, but I'm not sure it would be wise to," Lyanna says.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"This entire room is tainted. I say we smudge the circles and then BURN this entire room."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

"You can burn stone?" Kensin says with astonishment in his voice.

"Grembler use wierdings, maybe some of this grease we found earlier," the goblin says.

"Ahh, that would make sense," the wanderer responds.

You feel eerily drawn to the black crystal orb in the center of the room.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin starts approaching black crystal orb. "Lyanna, what do you suppose this is? There's something about this orb..."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyanna cautiously approaches the crystal. Muttering a few words, she looks at it, her emerald eyes visibly aglow.

"It is some means of divination," she says. "I have seen elven devices that bear some similarity: perhaps seeing stones or maybe speaking stones."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

An idea! "Wait, this can potentially be useful. The demon was likely communicating with someone on the other end. That other end has GOT to a target we should attack sometime. Is there any way for us to figure out where the other stone is if it is indeed used for communication?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Lyanna shakes her head. "If it works through the same means its elven equivalents work, then it would take a skilled diviner to track it. Considering the fact that it was crafted by demons, that would make it even more difficult. Attempting to use it might reveal who is on the other side, but it could potentially be very dangerous."

"Wait now," Grembler says. "Can dey see us?"

"That is a very good possibility," Lyanna responds concerned.
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-09-06 at 10:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Karrin frowns. "Alright. Suggestions? Smash it now? Or find a way to cleanse it and redeem it for our own use, if possible?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

"I can think of at least half a dozen ways keeping it could backfire horrendously," Lyanna remarks.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

"Lyanna, you'll have to entertainment with those half dozen ways later...perhaps when you change my skirt length. Kensin, to be safe, let's destroy the orb from afar. We'll stay out of the room, and you fire arrows at the orb?"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

You retreat to past the door into the other room. Kensin draws his bow and sends a shaft whistling into the crystal at high speeds. Unfortunately, the light arrow is ineffective at breaking the strong crystal, being made to pierce flesh.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

"Berich, got some spells that can hurt the orb you think?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

"Aside from giving myself, or someone else, the strength of a bull to smash it with? I guess I could try to blast it with a wave of water. I doubt it would do much good, though."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"What about just picking it up and then THROWING it against the opposite wall really hard?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

"It could work. Go ahead and try it if you want to, I'll even cast the spell on you. I've had quite enough close calls for one day, thank you kindly."

(If you want to try, go ahead and make a Strength roll with the +4 from Bull's Strength)
    Last edited by Maquise; 2012-09-06 at 05:27 PM.