New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: PTA: Points of Authority (IC)

"As long as that's understood." Ashley follows lucien onto the boat staying close to the injured elite in case he needs medical attention. Persephone stays close to her giving her the light she needs in case things go south and Ashley needs to give medical aid.
    PTA Character Sheets

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    "Griffen" Ashley finishes for him. "Sorry sir but I can't help your chimchar, torch you said his name was. Anyway without adaquate supplies and in this environment" she waves her hand signifying their general location. "I would do more harm then good."
    Francis nods, and returns Torch to his pokeball, the girl seems to know what she's talking about.

Let's get out of here before anything nastier than a polywag shows up, I don't like the look of that water.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Blaine nods to Kelaeon, giving him permission. Again. As everyone boards, Blaine hits the throttle and you rocket through the sewer sludge, taking some break neck turns. He was in a hurry it appeared.

Normally, a Psychic can handle Teleport easily. Stronger ones can teleport several people or pokemon at once with no problem. Lucian is far stronger than those psychics. But something has gone.... wrong as of late. Utilizing his powers drains him much more than they should. Anything beyond telepathy and simple telekinetic tasks severly weakens him. As you've seen, teleporting multiple people knocked him unconscious. I don't believe it is any sort of contagious malady, Ms. Blackthron. No other psychic has had similar symptoms to my knowledge. But it has been degenerative. He has been in decline for over a year now. I've calculated the degeneration rate. By this time next year, he won't even be able to hold a telepathic conversation without fainting.

I'll be fine. Don't.... worry bout me.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"The Psychic who may have saved out lives is slowly losing his powers and we're supposed to just ignore it and say 'Okay?' I'm all for being pragmatic, but that's just..." Judge it, had the word and lost it.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-09-04 at 11:22 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

"So the cause is unknown? That's troubling." Tarja held on to Lucian to help brace against the quick turns. That must not feel good for someone who's still trying to recover. "And he's right Lucian," She nodded towards the man who had earlier told the girls to stand back, "can just ignore the fact something is wrong. Where are we headed to in such a hurry anyway?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As the group talked about Psychic things, Kelaeon merely stood at the front of the boat watching where they were going. Despite the sharp turns and the speed, he didn't hold onto a railing and merely stood with a firm stance with his arms crossed.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

While Blaine was explaining the psychics malady, Francis shivered in horror. What would it be like, to lose part of yourself? Slowly, and knowing that something you used to take for granted was being stripped away from you, one strand at a time.

Francis looked down to his hands, and thought of what would happen if it were him. To lose feeling and control of his hands, to not be able to juggle three balls, let alone seven. To lose the one thing that connected him to Bobby.

He glances down. He would rather die than lose that part of himself.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

If there was something you two could do, I would ask in a heartbeat. But no matter what I or Blaine or the platoon of trained medical staff can do; tests, trails, drugs, therapy's, nothing works nor identify the cause. We even went as far as to let Sabrina delve into my mind to see if it was a subconscious block, but she found nothing. Blaine hands Lucian a vial of thick black ichor. Lucian opens the container, letting out an odor far stronger than the sludge beneath you. With a pained look, he downs the ichor in one gulp, fighting back the urge to gag and failing. This concoction Blaine cooked up helps me recover, but it's toxic. If I take too much in a period of time, I may die. It helps tremondously but its only a bandaid on a gaping wound. I truely appreciate the concern, but it is not your place to worry. Let my wife fuss over me.

In the back of Francis' mind, he hear's Lucian's voice, much weaker than earlier. You understand my pain. I thank you.

We are heading towards our ride out of this void hole. Don't worry, we are almost out of the sewers. Hope you like swimming.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Swimming is fine. Group as a whole seems fit enough to take a short swim."

Show

10. - Top - End - #70

BlackDragon

"Weather or not you want our help as a medical profesional I'm not going to let this deterioration go unchecked. If I have to I'll hunt down a cure without your blessing, I won't allow a man who saved my life to slowly die when I have the power to stop it." Ashley keeps close to the weakened psychic. Persephone rolls her eyes at Ashley knowing that when she get's like this only one person can stop her and she wasn't even in the country.
    "As for you mister if you don't want to injure your friend more I advise you slow down and drive this thing, whatever it is, more carefully." she continue half sarcastic half not.
    PTA Character Sheets

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"As long as it isn't swimming in that toxic gunk I have no problem with swimming." Kelaeon says with a shrug.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarja sighs. "I don't mind swimming if we must."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Swimming's fine, I'm not the best, but I can go relatively short distances. No water types though, so I won't be any help defending against anything lurking in the water.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-09-05 at 12:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Bryan looks at his Mantyke at the comment of a lack of water types, and the baby manta laughs. Well, gurgles. "Well I suppose it's good you have the rest of us then, unless I'm really the only one with a water type."

Show

15. - Top - End - #75

BlackDragon

"No water types here just a ghost a psychic and a normal. But Persephone here, wile not the best against waters, could at least cover us from the air." Ashley says when she overhears the conversation move to types of Pokemon.
    PTA Character Sheets

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't have anything water type nor anything really effective against water." Tarja said plainly.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Righto, prepare your selves. The sewers very quickly widen and a blinding light is ahead of you. Blaine flips a switch and the fan blows in reverse slowing the vessel to a stop. As your eyes adjust, you notice your at the end of the sewers, where it drains into the ocean. Blaine and Lucian both get up and go to the edge of the boat, which is hanging over the lip. Blaine digs into his pocket and retrieves six small devices, placing five of them on the boat's edge. Join us won't you?

Blaine shoves the device into his mouth and Lucian retrieves one from his own pocket and does the same. They both step off the boat and fall into the ocean.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Bryan looks over the device, eventually figuring it out. Dang, never swam in clothing before. Kite leaps out of his arms and into the water. You're so slow! Come on! The Mantyke leaps out of the water impatiently as its owner kicks off his shoes, holds them in one hand, and leaps head-first into the water, following the two guides. Kite goes just ahead of him, attempting to school and make swimming easier for the humans, but let's be honest: none of them were adept enough swimmers to take advantage of that, especially fully clothed.

Bryan looks around nervously, and signals Kite to keep an eye and ear out for danger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bryan Perception: (1d20+3)[17]
    Kite Perception: (1d20)[12] Add in whatever modifiers you see fit

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

'My old enemy.' Tarja mused as she looked out into the water and placed the device in her mouth. She was thankful for the fact that her father helped her over fear of water when she was younger, as she kicked off her shoes holding them in hand before diving to the water feet first. She only wished that she was wearing something easier to swim in.

After landing in the water, she give a look around trying to spot where Lucian and Blaine were.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[11] perception if needed
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Only water-type I have is the poliwag. Barely alive and probably not in best of moods." He says before taking the device and putting it in his mouth and diving in.

Despite his words from before, it is clear that Kelaeon has quite a lot of experience with water.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception if needed: (1d20-4)[7]

Underwater speed: 8
    Damn it feels good to be a ninja...
    Last edited by Major; 2012-09-05 at 02:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Francis looked over the edge of the boat. I'll need to buy new clothes, this outfit is Not going to survive the journey intact. He shoves the device into his mouth, and jumps in feet first.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

As you all dive in, it becomes quickly obvious where the your pair of guides are heading. In front of you, no more than 10m away, is a large submerged vessel, with pinpricks of light dotting its haul. The submarine is huge, you can't even see the tail end of it in the water.

Blaine turns around and motions you towards one point of light larger than the others, before following Lucian towards it. Upon reaching it, you find it is a small opening in the hull you can swim up through. Once everyone is inside, a bunker door slides behind you silently. Blaine and Lucian swim upwards to the surface.

As you surface, you find your self in a large hanger bay of some kind, with a variety of vehicles; terrestial, aerial and aquatic, positioned near ports similar to the one you just came in. People are busy busing about, doing various tasks at computer stations or on the vehicles. Standing right in front of you is a woman, who Kelaeon recognizes instantly as Janine. Bout time you got here. Took you guys long enough. The sub lurches as it begins to move forward sluggishly.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Bryan looks around at the many people hard at work at the computers, at the three very important figures before him. "Anyone got a dry set of clothes?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Tarja pulled herself out of the water and tries to rinse her hair dry, feeling like a wet match.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kelaeon climbs out of the water and glances around, however, upon seeing the woman before him, he stops and quickly bows. "Master." He says taking a knee.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Francis clambers out of the water and glances at the person kneeling on the ground. I will not kneel. Maybe the league has some kind of weird cult that I never knew about, and what's with all this machinery; I never knew the league was this well stocked. It's kind of scary to think about, they could kill anybody and they would have no say in it. I wonder what the rebellion has?

He looks up. I'd like dry clothes too, preferably something light and loose, I hate wearing spandex.

27. - Top - End - #87

BlackDragon

Ashley returns Persephone before she jumps into the water after the rest of the group. Being a inexperienced swimmer means that she is the last to arrive in the sub. Her initial reaction is one of complete shock and awe she didn't think a mobile machine of this size was even possible, let alone existed. For the first few seconds she just stands there with a blank look on her face. When she pulls the pieces of her shattered reality back together. Next she realizes that everyone else is asking about clothing, except the crazy ninja guy who reacted to the greeter like she was some kind of goddess. "Is there any place I can change before you drag me on another one of your crazy adventures."
    PTA Character Sheets

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, any one of these people could snap you like a twig. Show some respect for our leaders here." He recalls his Mantyke. Something told him he wouldn't need a mon out here, and might get some odd looks for doing otherwise.

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

BlackDragon

"Frankly Sir they called me not the other way around and until I know why I'm going to show them about as much respect as they've shown me. And as far as their ability to kill me, well if they wanted me dead they could have just left me in the plaza. Yet here I am so I guess they have to live with it hmm"

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I know to high of a CHA to be this bitchy blah blah blah. I'm playing her how she was built so untill I get a legitement reason for her to not hate everyone (Lucian excluded) around her she's going to be a bitch.
    PTA Character Sheets

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Janine chuckles at Kelaeon. Guess your officially one of us now? C'mon stand up. No need for formalities here. This isn't the Dojo. Lets get you and your friends into some dry clothes and we can tell you why your all here. The trio lead you to a locker room where fresh dry clothes await you.

After everyone is dressed, they start guiding you through the interior of the sub. Blaine slows his pace so he is equal with Ashley. I'm sorry for my treatment of you earlier. I was only concerned for your saftey. Forgive me. He bows deeply, not missing a step and stepping over a gangplank.

Soon, you arrive to what seems to be the command room. There is a large glass dome that lets you view the ocean, pokemon floundering to get out of the subs way. At the helm is a man with a sailor's hat and jacket. He looked about as old as Blaine and gives you a grunt of acknowledgment without turning to address you.

Blaine, Janine and Lucian turn and adress you. Here is the command center of the Kyogre 2. Welcome. If you have any questions. Know is the time.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!