New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    So... new chapter, most people saw that coming (i guess).
    Yeah, it wasn't really rocket science, but still

Spoiler
    Show
    mother[fornication] dragons!

[continuing of species]finally ['driving my car'] some [horizontal tango] dragons! [foxtrotuniformcharliekilo]!*

But in all earnest, who can't wait for Natsu to reconcile with his daddy?

*This exclamation has been censored by the teen censor committee.

edited for typo
    Last edited by Socratov; 2013-04-12 at 08:50 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So whats future Sting up to then? Apart from stopping Natsu being in the Gate room and possibly being killed their he hasn't changed to much yet.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    So whats future Sting up to then? Apart from stopping Natsu being in the Gate room and possibly being killed their he hasn't changed to much yet.
    Well, that's the thing. I'm thinking Future Rogue is currently at the gate, and he's seeing this, realizing that by killing Future Lucy he killed someone who tried to save the world, and he'll like, sacrifice himself to help get the gate closed or something.

Also.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WHO'S READY FOR A DRAGON PARTY! *dances
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-04-12 at 08:01 AM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I'd guess Rogue just has really, really, really poor information. He knew Eclipse had something to do witht he dragons and he knew Lucy tried to close the gate. Either he or someone else from that jumped to the conclusion that Lucy was at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    [continuing of species]finally ['driving my car'] some [horizontal tango] dragons! [foxtrotunicorncharliekilo]!*
    What? (Also, it's uniform, not unicorn unless that's intentional)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well, that's the thing. I'm thinking Future Rogue is currently at the gate, and he's seeing this, realizing that by killing Future Lucy he killed someone who tried to save the world, and he'll like, sacrifice himself to help get the gate closed or something.
    Maybe... We'll have to see? I guess I would like that to happen..

Also.
    Spoiler
    Show
    WHO'S READY FOR A DRAGON PARTY! *dances
    Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

I'm kind of disappointed about this mess until this point, though.
    How does Lucy have this information all of a sudden. (From Crux?) Why does Future!Lucy remember none of it? Or didn't talk about it? What's that got to do with the moon all of a sudden?
    How did Future!Rogue get his upside down informations?! (Where did all these dragons stand in line to go through the gate?)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

oops, typo (will fix in original).

Anyway, it was my attempt to a pg13 version of a sentence interspersed with a certain word that can actually be used at every moment in the english langauge.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'd guess Rogue just has really, really, really poor information. He knew Eclipse had something to do witht he dragons and he knew Lucy tried to close the gate. Either he or someone else from that jumped to the conclusion that Lucy was at fault.

What? (Also, it's uniform, not unicorn unless that's intentional)

Maybe... We'll have to see? I guess I would like that to happen..

Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

How does Lucy have this information all of a sudden. (From Crux?) Why does Future!Lucy remember none of it? Or didn't talk about it? What's that got to do with the moon all of a sudden?
    How did Future!Rogue get his upside down informations?! (Where did all these dragons stand in line to go through the gate?)
    Nah, he's evil and just lying his evil balls off.

My theory is that he found out about Ancologia actually originally being human, but after killing enough dragons he was able to 'evolve' up to a dragon.

So Rogue decided (for whatever reason), that he wants to do it too. Except... oops, no dragons are around! So in the future, he tries to open Eclipse to summon the dragons. Except... FutureLucy closed the door before enough of them came through.

So he's going back in time to try and get enough dragons through.

Either that or he's gone off the deep end and just wants to destroy the world.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #667

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    My only other theory is that Future Lucy is evil and Future Rogue is the good guy, and in HIS time things went differently, but he didn't know the truth of what brought the dragons in. Since the future has given the past information about the future, things are going differently.

Lucy getting information from Crux makes sense, I think. Who's Crux again? And the general idea I got was that, the Eclipse Door is powered by the Moon in some degree. Since they have a full moon eclipse, it's causing the lunar magic to go crazy.

No it makes no sense and wasn't established at all before. Why do you ask?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-04-12 at 10:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My only other theory is that Future Lucy is evil and Future Rogue is the good guy, and in HIS time things went differently, but he didn't know the truth of what brought the dragons in. Since the future has given the past information about the future, things are going differently.

Lucy getting information from Crux makes sense, I think. Who's Crux again? And the general idea I got was that, the Eclipse Door is powered by the Moon in some degree. Since they have a full moon eclipse, it's causing the lunar magic to go crazy.

No it makes no sense and wasn't established at all before. Why do you ask?
    Crux is the celestial spirit (silver key) whose head looks like a big metal cross. He falls asleep when he's searching for information. He gave Lucy the info on Loki's history with the previous Spirit Mage, and showed up when the group went to the spirit world - he let Levi take a book, if I recall correctly.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

I agree, and personaly continue beliving that he was just going back to prevent FLucy from changing the past.

Of course, the interesting thing is who the real mastermind behind all of this is, because they have been doing this for around 7 years now.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I agree, and personaly continue beliving that he was just going back to prevent FLucy from changing the past.

Of course, the interesting thing is who the real mastermind behind all of this is, because they have been doing this for around 7 years now.
    Well given that they have a time machine, it could literally be anybody - even current good guys!

HAPPY IS THE MASTERMIND OF YOUR DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, it was my attempt to a pg13 version of a sentence interspersed with a certain word that can actually be used at every moment in the english langauge.
    I kind of got that but... are all the [...] descriptions for the same word? I guess my familarity with English slang is worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Might just be me but I think lying really is a rare thing in FT. (And Shounen in general) Bad guys most of the time would just say "Yeah, I'll summon a bunch of dragons. What are you gonna do about it, sucker?" and not bother pretending to do some good.

My only other theory is that Future Lucy is evil and Future Rogue is the good guy...
    You're really holding on to that one, huh?

Lucy getting information from Crux makes sense, I think. Who's Crux again?
    Uhm... what Olinser said. Also, how can you say it makes sense if you don't even recall who it is? If he's shown up and told them that would be fine but Lucy seems to know out of the blue all of a sudden.

Hm... yeah, there might be a mastermind... or it might just be a an accident? There is no explicit NEED for an evil mastermind (except maybe whoever might have influenced Future!Rogue)
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #672

You're really holding on to that one, huh?

Uhm... what Olinser said. Also, how can you say it makes sense if you don't even recall who it is? If he's shown up and told them that would be fine but Lucy seems to know out of the blue all of a sudden.
    Yes.

And because If I recall, Crux was the brain thinking guy, which as it turns out he is! Though he should of showed up instead of just telling Lucy in her head.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes.

And because If I recall, Crux was the brain thinking guy, which as it turns out he is! Though he should of showed up instead of just telling Lucy in her head.
    Well, he may have shown up in a page that was edited out later, and the author just forgot that he edited it out. Rich actually did the same thing in the OOTS - he realized after Haley killed Crystal that he had cut out the pages where Crystal was trying to kill Haley by 'accident'.

Maybe when they got tossed down into that pit Lucy was supposed to call him up and ask him to research Eclipse.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

14. - Top - End - #674

Well, he may have shown up in a page that was edited out later, and the author just forgot that he edited it out. Rich actually did the same thing in the OOTS - he realized after Haley killed Crystal that he had cut out the pages where Crystal was trying to kill Haley by 'accident'.

Maybe when they got tossed down into that pit Lucy was supposed to call him up and ask him to research Eclipse.
    Huh, I don't remember that at all XP

And maybe!

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, I don't remember that at all XP

And maybe!
    It was bonus material in the books - it was during their liberation of Roy's body from Grubwiggler's. Crystal tried... I dunno, 3 or 4 times to kill Haley, and Bozzok flat out told her to hurry up and kill her already.

Basically, it was supposed to be Haley acting in self-defense after half a dozen attempted murders.

Instead, because those strips got cut, most fans thought it came off like cold-blooded murder on Haley's part.

Not saying that IS what happened here, but it's a possibility.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... yeah, there might be a mastermind... or it might just be a an accident? There is no explicit NEED for an evil mastermind (except maybe whoever might have influenced Future!Rogue)
    Well, i just have trouble beliving they actualy builds the eclipse gate, and starts gathering magical energy to power it, without some sort of direction.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, i just have trouble beliving they actualy builds the eclipse gate, and starts gathering magical energy to power it, without some sort of direction.
    We've covered this. Happy is the mastermind, and soon everybody will see his brilliance as he lords over all of his pathetic human slaves!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, it wasn't really rocket science, but still

Spoiler
    Show
    mother[fornication] dragons!

[continuing of species]finally ['driving my car'] some [horizontal tango] dragons! [foxtrotuniformcharliekilo]!*

But in all earnest, who can't wait for Natsu to reconcile with his daddy?

*This exclamation has been censored by the teen censor committee.

edited for typo
    Is Natsu 400 years old? If not how could he reconcile with his daddy, his daddy won't know who he is. Of course... perhaps he is 400 years old.

19. - Top - End - #679

I'm still under the impression that the dragon slayers are sort of reincarnations of the dragons that taught them, and only by "killing" them (symbolically, in their mind it'd be as if they killed them but in truth they just grew into their own) can they enter Mode 3, like Sting and Rogue.

The basic idea is that, Mode 1 dragonslayers like Natsu and pals are the legit dragons themselves. Mode 2 like Laxus are those who've had the dragon's soul put into them in the form of Lacrima. Mode 3 are those that have "killed" their dragon.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Is Natsu 400 years old? If not how could he reconcile with his daddy, his daddy won't know who he is. Of course... perhaps he is 400 years old.
    Well he *is* over 85.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well he *is* over 85.
    Natsu is 18. What on earth gave you the idea he was 85?

In flashbacks Natsu is about the same size and age as Erza and Grey.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Natsu is 18. What on earth gave you the idea he was 85?

In flashbacks Natsu is about the same size and age as Erza and Grey.
    Don't you remember? One of those fancy 'must obey' wards prevented Natsu from leaving the room and the condition was you had to be under 85 years old.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Don't you remember? One of those fancy 'must obey' wards prevented Natsu from leaving the room and the condition was you had to be under 85 years old.
    I don't recall that, but assuming it is true (and I see no reason why it wouldn't be) then it helps support my dragon theory

24. - Top - End - #684
    Banned

It was during the "Laxus is evil" arc. It stopped Gajeel too.

25. - Top - End - #685

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    It was during the "Laxus is evil" arc. It stopped Gajeel too.
    Ah, yes, that. Yha, I think that's when I first decided my "they're the dragons" theory was true

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

I'm still under the impression that the dragon slayers are sort of reincarnations of the dragons that taught them, and only by "killing" them (symbolically, in their mind it'd be as if they killed them but in truth they just grew into their own) can they enter Mode 3, like Sting and Rogue.
    There isnt any 3rd mode, there are just those who can enter DF on their own, and those who need an external trigger like the first generation.

The basic idea is that, Mode 1 dragonslayers like Natsu and pals are the legit dragons themselves. Mode 2 like Laxus are those who've had the dragon's soul put into them in the form of Lacrima. Mode 3 are those that have "killed" their dragon.
    This doesnt quite fit with the bagground information we have regarding humans being taught DS magic, or the scenes we have seen of Igniel discussing things with the sky dragon.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

I can't get behind the "they are the dragons" theory either... The most legit point is the age runes and I can't come up with a good explanation on my own except "more time travel" but I still prefer not knowing to the theory.

They are humans. If they figure out how to build a giant, magic fueled cannon they are going to build a giant, magic fueled cannon whether they have an immediate use for it or not.
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Or not be made of stone. And both options lead to confusing conclusions.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

A) There's no proof that Fried didn't purposefully put in a rule that 'Dragon Slayers May Not Pass', and just chose not to display it for them.

B) Natsu has been shown in flashbacks to be the same age and size as both Grey and Erza, who were both 19 at the start. Unless you're trying to claim that for the first 75 years of his life he only aged to a 9-year old, then suddenly started aging normally?

C) Even if that were it, the simple answer is that the dragons are 'hitchhiking' on Natsu and Gajeel, and the ward was rejecting THEM.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-04-13 at 10:37 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

Might just be me but I think lying really is a rare thing in FT. (And Shounen in general) Bad guys most of the time would just say "Yeah, I'll summon a bunch of dragons. What are you gonna do about it, sucker?" and not bother pretending to do some good.
    Bad guys in Fairy Tail lie all the time.

*) Eisenwald claimed to be planning a terrorist attack against a train station to trick people so that they could attack the guild leaders' summit
    *) Jellal lied to freaking everyone, telling his people that the Tower of Heaven would bring everyone back, and telling the Magic Council that his system was already active so that they would use their superweapon to charge it up.
    *) Ultear lies to Jellal, claiming to be the spirit of Zeref
    *) The Exceeds of Edolas lie about their true allegiances and why they sent their children away
    *) The Edolas situation is resolved by the main characters lying their butts off to get Mystogon installed as prince.
    *) The Magic Tournament was itself a massive lie designed to get tons of magical energy in one place to power the spirit door.

...huh. I missed one episode when I was watching that show, and I thought that Freed had deliberately put an anti-Dragon Slayer ward in place. That's actually really interesting.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.