New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Rave Master was fantastic because, nine times out of ten, the bad guys were beaten with rather clever stuff.

Anyway, yha, I'm probably just frustrated in another way
    Maybe not quite 9/10, but its still something i really miss in the current FT, where passion and plot-armor trump carefull planning every time.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Sounds interesting... Maybe I'll have to have a look.

Yha. It's a really cool series. It does have some of the fanservice problems one could claim Fairy Tail has, but much less. Long story short, the local fanservice machine IS ALSO AS BADASS AS ERZA, and her fanservice scenes are typically related to her just being awesome. Though unlike Erza, she's not a super invincible warrior.

That was a sex joke

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yha. It's a really cool series. It does have some of the fanservice problems one could claim Fairy Tail has, but much less. Long story short, the local fanservice machine IS ALSO AS BADASS AS ERZA, and her fanservice scenes are typically related to her just being awesome. Though unlike Erza, she's not a super invincible warrior.
    The problem with that is that that's just fetishizing female fighters, rather than presenting the character cool just because she's cool.

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    The problem with that is that that's just fetishizing female fighters, rather than presenting the character cool just because she's cool.
    That is true, but she actually only has the one fanservice fight. All her other fights are REALLY brutal, and if the mangaka wasn't apparently very averse to showing blood, it'd be the type of fight you'd see in a Seinen manga.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

3 new chapters.

So, in the flashback, I obviously recognize Mavis and Hades (eyepatch in the center), along with Cken, but who's the 4th guy on the right? He's way too tall to be Makarov.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-07-12 at 03:15 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

That last guy looked a lot like the siluette of one of the remaining top 4 wizard saints.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

hm... it would be rather quaint if 2 of the top 4 and 1 not top four wizardsaint would be FT.

Woudln't surprise me, but it would be rather suspicious...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

That was a sex joke
    I kind of got that but I think I missed some part f it. Ah, well...

Had a look into Rave. It's not bad so far but the fact that Haru looks like Natsu's lost twin brother is quite irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    hm... it would be rather quaint if 2 of the top 4 and 1 not top four wizardsaint would be FT.

Woudln't surprise me, but it would be rather suspicious...
    It's Fairy Tail... the odds are about 75% all of them used to be in the guild..
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #999

I kind of got that but I think I missed some part f it. Ah, well...

Had a look into Rave. It's not bad so far but the fact that Haru looks like Natsu's lost twin brother is quite irritating.

It's Fairy Tail... the odds are about 75% all of them used to be in the guild..
    Spoilers the mangaka isn't the greatest at art. Gerard in Fairy Tail is literally just the same character design as Sieg from Rave Master. At least Sieg is different personality wise.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Sieg was also pretty cool.
    For that matter Grey also had a long lost brother in that serie

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

so those three chapters...
    Spoiler
    Show

Who want to bet that by the end of the arc Natsu will have eaten the eternal flame?
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    so those three chapters...
    Spoiler
    Show

Who want to bet that by the end of the arc Natsu will have eaten the eternal flame?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That depends on him needing a pick me up...
    and the fact if said item knows anything about Natsu we should be seeing it running for the hills!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-07-13 at 12:08 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, Sieg was also pretty cool.
    For that matter Grey also had a long lost brother in that serie
    Yeah, it's Lucy/Natsu/Gray all over again... And Happy. Except Happy doesn't talk but is somewhat useful. Okay, I guess Happy can also be.
    I'm not that far into it yet but the story seems kind of... I won't say bad but it doesn't really captivate me. I'll have to admit, Fairy Tail did a much better job with that. I can't say who copied whom since both manga started in November 1999 but the bit with the almost extinct family sounds familiar. Then again, it isn't that uncommon a trope.
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, it's Lucy/Natsu/Gray all over again... And Happy. Except Happy doesn't talk but is somewhat useful. Okay, I guess Happy can also be.
    I'm not that far into it yet but the story seems kind of... I won't say bad but it doesn't really captivate me. I'll have to admit, Fairy Tail did a much better job with that. I can't say who copied whom since both manga started in November 1999 but the bit with the almost extinct family sounds familiar. Then again, it isn't that uncommon a trope.
    Acqtually, FT comes after Rave. Rave run was 1999-2005, and FT started in 2006.

In the beginning of FT, I remember a lot of my friends arguing about the citation/similarity between characters... I've always setted for "nostalgic quotes" from FT to Rave.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Note that it's not a matter of who copied whom - both manga were written by the same guy, so it's more him transporting some elements from one story to the next because he liked them.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Huh? Nah, I was referring to the fact that the Uchiha's in Naruto were also slaughtered down to the single digits. I'm aware FT followed Rave.
    Hiro sticking with his main cast trio kind of is... well, just somewhat between unoriginal and nostalgic, I'll agree.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #1007

Huh? Nah, I was referring to the fact that the Uchiha's in Naruto were also slaughtered down to the single digits. I'm aware FT followed Rave.
    Hiro sticking with his main cast trio kind of is... well, just somewhat between unoriginal and nostalgic, I'll agree.
    The difference is that Musica uses silver and is awesome and Grey uses ice and strips a lot and is awesome but in his own, unique, stripping way. Basically, Musica is rather serious a guy, while Grey is not.

And really, that's the thing Rave Master has over Fairy Tail, I think. Things are more serious feeling. The good guys lost some times. Hell, sometimes the good guys lost even when they won.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, i dont really mind that he is going with comfort picks in the main cast to get the group dynamic going, since there is a big enough difference to make them seem like different people, with Erza along to shake things up.

And i do like the Rave Master easter eggs that are spread thoughout FT, like Grey's amulet for one of the more obvious ones.

And really, that's the thing Rave Master has over Fairy Tail, I think. Things are more serious feeling. The good guys lost some times. Hell, sometimes the good guys lost even when they won.
    Yeah, now that i think about it thats really what im missing in FT, it has improved in a lot of ways from RM(like in the supporting cast), but that is something im missing.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Ehh I think I'll keep avoiding Rave Master, doesn't seem like it would improve my FT experience.

And that's the one still being published and all that.

20. - Top - End - #1010

And i do like the Rave Master easter eggs that are spread thoughout FT, like Grey's amulet for one of the more obvious ones.
    Wait, Grey's amulet is a reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ehh I think I'll keep avoiding Rave Master, doesn't seem like it would improve my FT experience.

And that's the one still being published and all that.
    Well, we're not suggesting you read it to improve your reading of Fairy Tail, we're asking you to read it because it's good XP

IT's also finished, so you wouldn't have to worry about there being so much to read.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-07-15 at 11:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah but I'm not really hearing anything that's a terribly good selling point for me. I passed over the series in its own time, I tend to think there's a reason I did. I basically remember it seeming both awkward and generic, if that makes any sense.

Unless its going to improve FT I don't feel the need to dig it up.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Yeah but I'm not really hearing anything that's a terribly good selling point for me. I passed over the series in its own time, I tend to think there's a reason I did. I basically remember it seeming both awkward and generic, if that makes any sense.

Unless its going to improve FT I don't feel the need to dig it up.
    Well, it'll explain where the weird Dog summon Lucy has, if that helps.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Oh but I knew that. I remembered that actually.

More because Plue is weird then anything I liked.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, Grey's amulet is a reference?
    Try take a close look at it (im sure you can find tons Grey pictures on the internet ), doesnt that object look a lot like something central from Rave Master

25. - Top - End - #1015

Try take a close look at it (im sure you can find tons Grey pictures on the internet ), doesnt that object look a lot like something central from Rave Master
    ...ooooh, I see.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, sorry. I connected two discussions together by mistake. Ignore me.

IGNORE ME!
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

...ooooh, I see.
    I didn't realize it right away but when khaine mentioned it and I recalled what it looked like I got it

I'm catching up not too fast but it is decent enough, so far. The battles being fought with some kind of thought behind it reminds me of the earlier days of Fairy Tail
    Though, I'm slightly irritated about that weird comic relief thing in chapter 19 which happenes to be called Kato And I guess that's the frst instance in the manga we got something like fanservice.

anyway, new chapter for the manga this thread is actually named after
    Spoiler
    Show

The thiefs treasure hunters are actually formidable enemies. Which seems somewhat inconsistent to me... And I feel like stabbing people in the face and shooting at them is quite dangerous. But then so is throwing fireballs.

Erza uses deduction. It is... somewhat effective? I wonder if she is right. But I have no clue, what has happened to her. Rejuvanating flame? Deus Ex Machina to help Ultear????????
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter, all I can say is,

Spoiler
    Show
    LOL LOLI ERZA

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't realize it right away but when khaine mentioned it and I recalled what it looked like I got it

I'm catching up not too fast but it is decent enough, so far. The battles being fought with some kind of thought behind it reminds me of the earlier days of Fairy Tail
    Though, I'm slightly irritated about that weird comic relief thing in chapter 19 which happenes to be called Kato And I guess that's the frst instance in the manga we got something like fanservice.

anyway, new chapter for the manga this thread is actually named after
    Spoiler
    Show

The thiefs treasure hunters are actually formidable enemies. Which seems somewhat inconsistent to me... And I feel like stabbing people in the face and shooting at them is quite dangerous. But then so is throwing fireballs.

Erza uses deduction. It is... somewhat effective? I wonder if she is right. But I have no clue, what has happened to her. Rejuvanating flame? Deus Ex Machina to help Ultear????????
    Actually it looks much more like

Spoiler
    Show
    The treasure hunters are only 'formidable' because of the items they're carrying. Except instead of S-class item mages like Erza, that have dozens, if not hundreds, of different specialized items, they look like they only have 1 each.

1 spell/jutsu/attack wonder characters eat dirt extremely quickly as soon as somebody figures out how their 1 technique/item works.

As for Erza.... I dunno, I guess we'll have to see. I definitely don't think it's a vision/hallucination, because her equipment fell off her. She's definitely de-aged somehow.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #1020

So...

Spoiler
    Show
    I was expecting the flame to be like...a volcano. Not randomly the fountain of (cursed) youth.

Ah well, at least we're gonna get to see everyone has kids. That might be cool.