New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

I don't know if I'd count on everyone... we may still need Erza sidelined to preserve drama. So just her and then she gets the "kids are weak" card dealt.

Because this totally isn't a throwback to the early manga where that kinda thing happened every arc.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I don't know if I'd count on everyone... we may still need Erza sidelined to preserve drama. So just her and then she gets the "kids are weak" card dealt.

Because this totally isn't a throwback to the early manga where that kinda thing happened every arc.
    Lets all remember what Erza is capable of, even as a child. For all we know nothing has changed, she's just a harder target now.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

everyone knows that small size gives a +2 to AC

Anyway, I liked to see the main cast find something somewhat difficult and I liekd how Erza (as the responsible person around) actually used her brain in this encounter.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter, aye!

Spoiler
    Show

Nothing too amazing happening but decent nonetheless.

Erza misses her breasts (I feel with you ) and wonders what consequences her turning intoa child will have. You know, I enver thought of it but isn't Jellal like, 7 years older than her now? I guess that's not that much but it still seems a bit weird noone ever talked about it.

The treasure hunters are kind of defeated but thanks to Happy the Moon Drip is lost (which might have been useless anyway?) Also, he wants to get spanked for it... No, thanks...?

And after Natsu turns into a child as well we learn that the eeeeeeeeevil guild is behind it. That's... quite some powerful magic? But then why didn't they take out Erza right away? Plot!(?)

Also, not to turn this into an inofficial Rave thread but... what's wrong with this manga? Okay, I can take the Rain village Arc, that was just... comedy relief. It's fine. But the end of the Second Rave Arc?! What the hell? Does it get better or is it going on like that........?
    Last edited by Kato; 2013-07-26 at 03:52 AM.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked how Erza' first tohught was "Do I have armor that fits"

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I really liked this chapter, it feels like the serie is moving back towards its roots. And while this makes it nececary for the author to pretend that the recent power creep hasnt happend, then i can still accept this light retcon.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    New chapter, aye!

Spoiler
    Show

Erza misses her breasts (I feel with you ) and wonders what consequences her turning intoa child will have. You know, I enver thought of it but isn't Jellal like, 7 years older than her now? I guess that's not that much but it still seems a bit weird noone ever talked about it.

And after Natsu turns into a child as well we learn that the eeeeeeeeevil guild is behind it. That's... quite some powerful magic? But then why didn't they take out Erza right away? Plot!(?)
    I recommend rewatching the earlier series or rereading the manga for the bits where they show them as kids...

Spoiler
    Show
    The answer is simple, they didn't expect Erza as a child to be just as awesome and terrifying as she is as an adult.... seriously how many kids try to single handedly revolt against an army of slavers and her magic manifests for the first time during that battle!
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-07-26 at 09:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1028

New chapter, aye!

Spoiler
    Show

The treasure hunters are kind of defeated but thanks to Happy the Moon Drip is lost (which might have been useless anyway?) Also, he wants to get spanked for it... No, thanks...?

Also, not to turn this into an inofficial Rave thread but... what's wrong with this manga? Okay, I can take the Rain village Arc, that was just... comedy relief. It's fine. But the end of the Second Rave Arc?! What the hell? Does it get better or is it going on like that........?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually okay with this chapter. I'm sure this big ole buff guy is going to be a super coward, because characters who change people into children before fighting are always cowards (just look at Alessy from Stardust Crusaders). As for why he didn't immediately kill Erza, I can think of a few reasons. One, he didn't feel he needed to because she's a girl. Alternatively, he was afraid because he knows what Erza did.

Also, concerning Rave Master. You're now basically at the part where it gets good. I believe you're about to meet Sieg, and the plot is about to get more concise and...well, good.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I think they may be setting this up for Lucy to shine here.

Zodiac spirits don't appear to age. So logically, they are immune to whatever turn-into-a-child magic the mage has.

Time for Lucy to save the day!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Actually, I think they may be setting this up for Lucy to shine here.

Zodiac spirits don't appear to age. So logically, they are immune to whatever turn-into-a-child magic the mage has.

Time for Lucy to save the day!
    I'd really enjoy that happening! And Wendy's already a little girl so she and Lucy (the only people who's powers would really be unaffected by this age magic) will have their time to shine!

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually okay with this chapter. I'm sure this big ole buff guy is going to be a super coward, because characters who change people into children before fighting are always cowards (just look at Alessy from Stardust Crusaders). As for why he didn't immediately kill Erza, I can think of a few reasons. One, he didn't feel he needed to because she's a girl. Alternatively, he was afraid because he knows what Erza did.
    Ah wisdom thats a rare quality in a villain especially if he goes up against the Fairy Tail Guild...

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

A good idea and one I won't mind a bit.

That said it depends on how the magic works. If for example the magic works on the logic of "Turn you into a child" for example as opposed to an age. Or if say Celestial Spirits do age simply on a different time scale and the magic works proportionately not numerically. Or maybe Lucy can't summon them because she suddenly is "before" she signed the contracts thus doesn't have them.

Still not a bad idea. If she's not turned into a toddler I'd like Wendy to kick some butt too.

13. - Top - End - #1033

A good idea and one I won't mind a bit.

That said it depends on how the magic works. If for example the magic works on the logic of "Turn you into a child" for example as opposed to an age. Or if say Celestial Spirits do age simply on a different time scale and the magic works proportionately not numerically. Or maybe Lucy can't summon them because she suddenly is "before" she signed the contracts thus doesn't have them.

Still not a bad idea. If she's not turned into a toddler I'd like Wendy to kick some butt too.
    I'm guessing all this does is a specific "you turn back to X age" spell. So it won't work on Wendy since she is that age, and Lucy should still be able to use her summons since they aren't her. I'm guessing the spirits just don't actually age, period, and thus can't "age back".

What WOULD be interesting would be if, turning back in time to childhood might change some things about them. Like, say Natsu was turned back to a kid before he was "taught" how to eat fire. Sure, he knows how to now, but would his body be capable of doing so, I wonder?

ALSO, and I know this is REALLY grim and wouldn't happen in Fairy Tail at all, but technically shouldn't Erza be lacking an eye, because she has an artificial one. Unless it like, grows with her, it should of popped out with her cloths.

EDIT: Realization. Where did Erza's clothing come from? She's wearing a little black dress. What was this when she was an adult? Some sort of camisoule that just so happened to be really tight on the neck, so that when she become young it became like a normal dress?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-07-26 at 03:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

I'm guessing all this does is a specific "you turn back to X age" spell. So it won't work on Wendy since she is that age, and Lucy should still be able to use her summons since they aren't her. I'm guessing the spirits just don't actually age, period, and thus can't "age back".
    Sure I'm just pointing out there's mulitple ways for this to work from a rules lawyering perspective with varying degrees of effectiveness.

ALSO, and I know this is REALLY grim and wouldn't happen in Fairy Tail at all, but technically shouldn't Erza be lacking an eye, because she has an artificial one. Unless it like, grows with her, it should of popped out with her cloths.
    I believe the best answer is this: Because since when did her eyes change size?

Look at how big and cute they are!

EDIT: Realization. Where did Erza's clothing come from? She's wearing a little black dress. What was this when she was an adult? Some sort of camisoule that just so happened to be really tight on the neck, so that when she become young it became like a normal dress?
    You can see her skirt on the ground and in the last chapter a black top under her armor. The holes at the arms are a lot smaller and the neck on her as a kid is notably loose. That's a bit more attention to detail then I'd expect for this gag actually.

That same level of detail leads me to conclude that it seems Erza is going commando....

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

What WOULD be interesting would be if, turning back in time to childhood might change some things about them. Like, say Natsu was turned back to a kid before he was "taught" how to eat fire. Sure, he knows how to now, but would his body be capable of doing so, I wonder?

EDIT: I think that was just a black undershirt she was probably wearing under her breastplate so it didn't chafe. You never wore one of your dad/mom's shirts as a kid? It fits about like that.

Well, it could function in one of 4 ways:

1) Takes X amount of years off somebody - If you were 20, you are now 10. If you were 25, you are now 15. Brings up an interesting conundrum if they try to use it on somebody that isn't that old to begin with (Wendy). However, very unlikely simply from a standpoint of the 2 victims so far, Erza and Natsu, appear to have only lost about 10 years. This would make the magic totally useless against anybody over about 30 (and actually make somebody in old age STRONGER by giving them some of their youth back).

2) Takes X% of their years off. If it is 50%, if you were 20, you are now 10. If you were 30, you are now 15. If you are 40, you are now 20. Also unlikely, because older mages could again actually BENEFIT from it. Even if it takes off 75% of your age, somebody like Makarov is still effectively immune to it.

3) Reduces you to X age. Regardless of current age, you are now 8 years old. Personally what I think is the most likely - HOWEVER, I still think it would be totally ineffective against Stellar Spirits because they don't appear to age at all.

4) Changes your age to whatever the caster wants. Also could be very likely. He could potentially make you OLDER as well as younger. He chooses to make them little kids because they would obviously not be very effective - but there is a very good possibility if ChildErza and ChildNatsu start kicking his ass, he ages them to 90 year old decrepit crones.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-07-26 at 04:28 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

You can see her skirt on the ground and in the last chapter a black top under her armor. The holes at the arms are a lot smaller and the neck on her as a kid is notably loose. That's a bit more attention to detail then I'd expect for this gag actually.

That same level of detail leads me to conclude that it seems Erza is going commando....
    And that makes me suspect she will be fun to be around when she regains her own age.. for a given definition of fun

Well, it could function in one of 4 ways:
    And of those 1 and 2 are rather useless as you allready pointed out, while 4 would be an highly unlikely IWIN-button that could have reduced Erza to 3 instead.

17. - Top - End - #1037

I believe the best answer is this: Because since when did her eyes change size?

Look at how big and cute they are!

...good point with the eyes!

Ah, okay, so it was that. Was just making sure.

And yes, she likely is. I can't blame her, armour can be rather hot after all! And since her magic revolves entirely around changing cloths, she likely wears as little as possible to make it go faster.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

I guess we'll have to see how the age magic works...
    I think the "sets age to X" where X might be arbitrary seems most likely.
    (Should I bring up the "Natsu is older than xxx years" bit? Better not...

As for the effect... it seems pretty straight forward rejuvenation... When did Erza lose her eye again? o.o I guess it won't care much about such things as when they learned their magic or made their contracts which would give Lucy and Wendy time to shine... I'm not betting on it but it may be.
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

And yes, she likely is. I can't blame her, armour can be rather hot after all! And since her magic revolves entirely around changing cloths, she likely wears as little as possible to make it go faster.
    Now that I think about it... seems to actually fit her personality well in quite a lot of ways too.

Plus yeah having an entire style built around rapidly changing outfits.

So makes perfect sense

20. - Top - End - #1040

Now that I think about it... seems to actually fit her personality well in quite a lot of ways too.

Plus yeah having an entire style built around rapidly changing outfits.

So makes perfect sense
    It's also a valid excuse for fanservice for once

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Actualy, armor being both hot and uncomfortable is the reason for why you would want a couple of layers of cloth between your armor and any sensitive part of your body.
    Erza experiencing a second childhood is the reason for why she is going commando atm :P

As for the effect... it seems pretty straight forward rejuvenation... When did Erza lose her eye again? o.o I guess it won't care much about such things as when they learned their magic or made their contracts which would give Lucy and Wendy time to shine... I'm not betting on it but it may be.
    She lost it during her time as a slave in the Tower of God.

And why would this give Wendy a time to shine? she was clearly older than Erza is now, so though she might not be hit as hard, then she will still end up a little kidsmaller kid like everyone else.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

It's also a valid excuse for fanservice for once
    When did FT ever need an excuse for fanservice?

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And why would this give Wendy a time to shine? she was clearly older than Erza is now, so though she might not be hit as hard, then she will still end up a little kidsmaller kid like everyone else.
    But she is used to being a kid. To being weaker, smaller, not relying on punching the enemy in the face. Yeah, she'll still be smaller but it should be much less of an issue than for the others.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Actualy, armor being both hot and uncomfortable is the reason for why you would want a couple of layers of cloth between your armor and any sensitive part of your body.
    Erza experiencing a second childhood is the reason for why she is going commando atm :P
    Hence the skirt and top in the first place I would think. Also let's not start considering Erza's armor realistically now. Her entire concept is weaponized cosplay and its awesome.

The real problem though is where are they? Should have been down around her boots or we see her still wearing them a few panels later.

When did FT ever need an excuse for fanservice?
    I'm confused when does fanservice ever need an excuse?

24. - Top - End - #1044

I'm confused when does fanservice ever need an excuse?
    In manga that aren't terrible. I think we can all agree that Fairy Tail is a bit excessive about fan service for the sake of fan service (especially in cases where it's rather uncomfortable, like that one girl being forced to get naked before the Sabretooth guild.) A better manga wouldn't of sexualized that scene at all because it's god damn creepy to do so.

As an example, the water park vacation before everyone did their Daimontou Enbu fights. That was blatent fanservice, but the situation was totally justifiable and everything that happened basically had a good reason to (even if one of the reasons is that Mariejean and that other girl got into a nudity fight due to their vanity, which is a touch ridiculous).

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Hence the skirt and top in the first place I would think. Also let's not start considering Erza's armor realistically now. Her entire concept is weaponized cosplay and its awesome.
    Yeah, the Shirt is why i dont think she is normaly going commando

The real problem though is where are they? Should have been down around her boots or we see her still wearing them a few panels later.
    Yeah, the only explanation is extremely tight underwear..

In manga that aren't terrible. I think we can all agree that Fairy Tail is a bit excessive about fan service for the sake of fan service (especially in cases where it's rather uncomfortable, like that one girl being forced to get naked before the Sabretooth guild.) A better manga wouldn't of sexualized that scene at all because it's god damn creepy to do so.
    While its sad to see that someone who is among the top 1% of Fiores wizards have such crippling self-esteeem issues that she could not tell the old fart to go #%&/ a "#%$ goat, then i really dont see any sexualisation in it.
    Yes there was some nudity, but thats not the same.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Are we really discussing Erza's underwear now...? Especially NOW?

While its sad to see that someone who is among the top 1% of Fiores wizards have such crippling self-esteeem issues that she could not tell the old fart to go #%&/ a "#%$ goat, then i really dont see any sexualisation in it.
    Yes there was some nudity, but thats not the same.
    While... yeah, it was somehow weird I guess it added to the uncomfortable-ness that Hiro was going for. It was supposed to feel weird and humiliating for her. And that it surely did. Would there have been other ways to achieve this? Surely. Was it fanservice? I guess. At least for some people... But compared to things like Mirjane's pin-up fight it was much more a weird choice to show how f*cked up Sabretooth is than fanservice.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

Are we really discussing Erza's underwear now...? Especially NOW?
    You could argue that its currently the best time to do so. Its certainly the safest time to do so

While... yeah, it was somehow weird I guess it added to the uncomfortable-ness that Hiro was going for. It was supposed to feel weird and humiliating for her. And that it surely did. Would there have been other ways to achieve this? Surely. Was it fanservice? I guess. At least for some people... But compared to things like Mirjane's pin-up fight it was much more a weird choice to show how f*cked up Sabretooth is than fanservice.
    Mirajane's pinup fight was retardet, and it really made me angry as i had been looking forward to se her kick som actual ass.
    The banishment scene was however an excellent way to show ST as a ****ed up place.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

In broad agreement with the others... I do not consider fanservice so broad as to include any example of female nudity. The label of fanservice in my mind at least includes the plausible deniablity of everything as being in good fun.

That scene was creepy and rapey and excessive and for reasons that have nothing to do with fanservice. Yeah the stipping probably makes it worse, but I have to sort that as more a sort cheap and lazy way of overdramatizing things precisely because nudity has a shock value in it.

I feel like equating that with actual fanservice only continues a misguided general campaign. (Though we don't need to go into that unless someone is really curious)

As an example, the water park vacation before everyone did their Daimontou Enbu fights. That was blatent fanservice, but the situation was totally justifiable and everything that happened basically had a good reason to (even if one of the reasons is that Mariejean and that other girl got into a nudity fight due to their vanity, which is a touch ridiculous).
    On a semi-related topic I feel I've finally been articulate something I've thought for awhile about this...

Its bascially backwards.

See the only reason the characters went there was just to provide the opportunity for fanservice. No matter how much it might be more plausible its basically just the author to avoiding total randomness and using some well known standard practices

I don't have a problem with that... but its why I say fanservice doesn't really need an excuse in the first place.

29. - Top - End - #1049

I don't have a problem with that... but its why I say fanservice doesn't really need an excuse in the first place.
    Ahh, okay. Good points all around, I just snipped your quote a bit to not make my response look lame

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

What its not like you are misrepresenting anything.

And I've weaseled out of responding to every single point someone makes on the internet makes far too many times myself to criticize that even slightly. Because seriously its actually pretty dumb to try in general terms. Keep the convo's moving I always say.

(Back in the day I'd spend half a day on responses... course that was when I was deeply involved in a politics boards. Mid Aughts fun times. )
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2013-07-28 at 08:15 PM.