New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    What its not like you are misrepresenting anything.

And I've weaseled out of responding to every single point someone makes on the internet makes far too many times myself to criticize that even slightly. Because seriously its actually pretty dumb to try in general terms. Keep the convo's moving I always say.

(Back in the day I'd spend half a day on responses... course that was when I was deeply involved in a politics boards. Mid Aughts fun times. )
    True, true. But I don't have anything to say because what you say is perfectly valid and grounded in reasoning, more so then mine, so I concide the point.

I'm glad we can both see Sabretooth's actions as...REALLY damn questionable and creepy, though!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Well to return to our original topic....

Bonus Fanservice Chapter!

3. - Top - End - #1053

Well to return to our original topic....

Bonus Fanservice Chapter!
    Yes! It was really silly! I'm glad there wasn't any Wendy fanservice because that can be a little squiggly too. We'll also not get any fanservice except for girl oriented stuff with the child magic going on.

Dat Shota Grey

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

I'm trying to decide if Laxus nabbed Elfman was to subtly test his worthiness to be with Evergreen. Natsu was a no brainer

Nice to know he's still an ******* though.

Also Gajeeel was really adorkable.

5. - Top - End - #1055

I'm trying to decide if Laxus nabbed Elfman was to subtly test his worthiness to be with Evergreen. Natsu was a no brainer

Nice to know he's still an ******* though.

Also Gajeeel was really adorkable.
    Laxus being protective of his friends is awesome. But he can trust Elfman, no one else in this manga is AS MUCH AS A MAN as he is.

Gajeel, for all his adorableness and his clear ship teasing with Levi, still kind of freaks me out. I point out again that his pupils look like the head of screws.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

...? I know it's bad practice but... where can I find it? I didn't even notice there was a bonus chapter and for some reason my low level google-fu won't find me a place to read it.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

I've loved that chapter. Kana is officially my favourite girl in FT. Also... if "the old" Mirajane was like this.... is clear why she was SO feared.

I don't know the other, but I've readed it on a site where the MANGA are STREAMed to the reader. To help your google-fu, the chapter title is: Fairy Tail Special: The Fairy's Punishment Game.
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    I don't know the other, but I've readed it on a site where the MANGA are STREAMed to the reader. To help your google-fu, the chapter title is: Fairy Tail Special: The Fairy's Punishment Game.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes! It was really silly! I'm glad there wasn't any Wendy fanservice because that can be a little squiggly too. We'll also not get any fanservice except for girl oriented stuff with the child magic going on.
    Huh? What was the dress-up scene if not fanservice? I mean, obviously Hiro wouldn't go as far as with the other girls (holy ****, Mirajane...; and why are the leeches on the color page only after Erza and Lucy? Don't answer that...) but it's still fanservice.

It was a bit weird how half the story was on that part of Cana we've never seen before and probably never will again. It wasn't bad but I'd rather seen more hijinks, like Gajeel getting a turn to torture Natsu as well.

Also, Fried's man crush on Laxus is becoming more than obvious by now... (And poor Levy. I hope Gajeel apologized, if he even noticed what he did wrong)

edit: I forgot. What the hell was that about "your generation"? She's (at least) seven years older than them. Or born seven years or so before them. They're not the same generation, they're just the same age. If you have time travel, know the difference.
    Last edited by Kato; 2013-07-29 at 04:07 AM.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Thanks

Huh? What was the dress-up scene if not fanservice? I mean, obviously Hiro wouldn't go as far as with the other girls (holy ****, Mirajane...; and why are the leeches on the color page only after Erza and Lucy? Don't answer that...) but it's still fanservice.

It was a bit weird how half the story was on that part of Cana we've never seen before and probably never will again. It wasn't bad but I'd rather seen more hijinks, like Gajeel getting a turn to torture Natsu as well.

Also, Fried's man crush on Laxus is becoming more than obvious by now... (And poor Levy. I hope Gajeel apologized, if he even noticed what he did wrong)

edit: I forgot. What the hell was that about "your generation"? She's (at least) seven years older than them. Or born seven years or so before them. They're not the same generation, they're just the same age. If you have time travel, know the difference.
    'Generation' is a bit of a squishy term. Generally, people within 7 years can be within the same generation.

It is squishy because it basically means, "The next group that will take over when this group is done".

When you are referring to something like a family, generations are easy. Each group of children is their own generation. in which case, their ages are a bit irrelevant, and in a large family, there will be MORE than a 7 year difference between oldest and youngest, but they are still the same generation.

When referring to something like Fairy Tail, it basically means, "The group that will run the guild when we're gone". In which case, yes, Wendy is still the same generation.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #1060

I was talking more about in the fanservice bonus chapter. But yes, that type of stuff HAS been done with Wendy. But since it's not as ridiculous as the other fanservice I'm okay with it.

Also, I don't remember that scene at all but maybe it was between two dragon slayers and thus they use generation that way?

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Why the heck is everyone making this "generation" thing so hard.

Wendy is a kid thus an inspiration to all other children by being a guild member. Everyone that's a kid is "her generation"

All the normal "adult" members of FT are the previous/current/etc generation. Older members may or may not have more depending on how many layers they get around too.

I sincerely hope nobody is taking those "official" ages as anything meaningful. There almost literally just numbers in anime/manga without any relationship to meaningful reality. Its like everyone is willfully lying because everything happens with people magically under 25 who look at least mid late 20s.

I speculate its because Japan has strong notions of when your supposed to be settled down and having children and 25 is more your mid-30s to modern America.

12. - Top - End - #1062

So I actually got around to actually READING the punishment game special chapter, since for some reason I was confused and thought we were referring to the water park chapter.

Well then.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Well then.
    Yeah, Mirajane seems suspiciously good at tying up girls, you gotta wonder what she and Erza have been up to

For that matter, i am also starting to wonder, who is the real Mirajane, and who is the mask she puts on

And it was also surprisingly matura behavior from Cana's side.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

So I actually got around to actually READING the punishment game special chapter, since for some reason I was confused and thought we were referring to the water park chapter.

Well then.
    It seemed to me you knew what Soras was talking about. Hoorray for confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, Mirajane seems suspiciously good at tying up girls, you gotta wonder what she and Erza have been up to
    Well, her demon form does look a lot like a... Er, nevermind.

Regarding the generations bit, I was more joking what with the time travel and stuff, but while it really isn't a serious issue for me I'd be hard pressed to consider someone who was born around 1980 or after 1990 "my generation" and that's less than 7 years apart. Obviously, it's a dodgy term and I guess this isn't the place for it.

sidenote: Rave continues to amaze me with such shocking revelations like the identity of 3173! *le gasp* And I guess I could have said that much earlier but again... Wow, did he recycle a lot of stuff in FT...
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #1065

Regarding the generations bit, I was more joking what with the time travel and stuff, but while it really isn't a serious issue for me I'd be hard pressed to consider someone who was born around 1980 or after 1990 "my generation" and that's less than 7 years apart. Obviously, it's a dodgy term and I guess this isn't the place for it.

sidenote: Rave continues to amaze me with such shocking revelations like the identity of 3173! *le gasp* And I guess I could have said that much earlier but again... Wow, did he recycle a lot of stuff in FT...
    To add further confsion to the generation fire, lets not forget that Natsu is apparently like a billion years old because he and Gajeel couldn't get through that one time barrier. But at this point I'm just throwing stuff around for the fun of it

I actually forget what event you're talking about. And yes, he...kinda does.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Pfft when I was in high school as a senior and talking to freshmen I got that they had had a different experience growing up. TV shows went on/off the air, music shifted, etc. Then again I bet I would find the same if I went to different parts of the country. And of course inner city, suburbia, or rural country.

You reach a point where it stops being useful if you want to be picky enough.

If you instead go for generalism understanding its not perfect you can and do find certain trends shared by various generations. I've seen for example that the "Millenial Generation" (easy peg here were old enough to understand 9/11 but not old enough to drink at the time) who also grew up as say the internet was born and didn't grow up with the Cold War... are more likely to desire living in an urban enviroment and to not have to drive a car. As opposed to previous generations that fled the cities. Plenty of exceptions, sure but statistics are about general trends. Millenials are also the first generation that is going to be truly post-Baby Boomer because they're getting old. Gen X never had the numbers but is going to be getting old too.

That's generation as a social matter. And more like twenty years then seven.

Millenials are also the first major American anime generation, hoary old foggies that remember well the glorious days of bootleg VHS are a rare breed.

There's also now the first generation of the 21st century forming, but work on this sort of thing lags behinds its occurrence so there's not nessecarily much info. Also they're only now exiting school and such so beginning to exercise their particular preferences without parental interference.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

To add further confsion to the generation fire, lets not forget that Natsu is apparently like a billion years old because he and Gajeel couldn't get through that one time barrier. But at this point I'm just throwing stuff around for the fun of it

I actually forget what event you're talking about. And yes, he...kinda does.
    A billion seems a bit much :D

Rave minor spoilers ahead: When we first really see Sieg he refers to Elie as 3173 because of her tattoo which she read as Elie and he (upside down) as these numbers. They even show some membership card with her name on it upside down so it kind of looks like 3173. I guess it's more obvious if you read it as Latin letters instead of hiragana but it just feels like a pretty stupid idea to hide her name for like... two chapters like this.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter.

So by his explanation, apparently it isn't based on aging at all, it is based on lowering power, and the appearance is just a side effect.

Also, LOL I can't believe Natsu got away with pulling the 'LOOK BEHIND YOU!!'

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

19. - Top - End - #1069

I GET IT HIRO SOME CHARACTERS HAVE VERBAL TICS. SUPER DUUUUN.

God damn the thieves are...obsessively silly. Also the way that
    Spoiler
    Show
    oni
    dude's magic works is actually kind of interesting.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, Natsu got me good as well there, and omg i was laughting from it

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Wow, Natsu got me good as well there, and omg i was laughting from it
    Apparently the ogre and me are not the only gullible ones

Decent chapter... Quite a twist at the end. I feel like I've seen tha tattoo on her boo... chest somewhere before, though(?) Maybe it's just my imagination.

The treasure hunters seem much more evil than before....
    Last edited by Kato; 2013-08-02 at 02:46 PM.
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

So now we know more about how the kiddifiacation magic works. And that Celestial Spirits would only be protected by being not human.

Lucy still a reasonable candidate to take that guy down.

Decent chapter... Quite a twist at the end. I feel like IÄve seen tha tattoo on her boo... chest somewhere before, though(?) Maybe it's just my imagination.
    It could be an Ouroboros of some kind.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently the ogre and me are not the only gullible ones

Decent chapter... Quite a twist at the end. I feel like I've seen tha tattoo on her boo... chest somewhere before, though(?) Maybe it's just my imagination.

The treasure hunters seem much more evil than before....
    It doesn't match the symbol of any guild or dark guild we've seen before - I looked through all of the symbols already, none of them come close to it.

Honestly, the symbol kind of looks like a dragon. Perhaps an Acnologia worshiping guild has sprung up?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Pixie in the Playground

i like the 1st gen the best

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, personaly my preference lies with the second generation.
    (the strongest one )

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter is up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, went pretty much how I predicted. The treasure hunters are complete 1-trick wonders and get beaten pretty easily.

Interesting about Flare being from the Giant village though - perhaps we're about to get some exposition about the Eternal Flame.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

While not surprising I still liked the girls kicking ass, even if it was somewhat fanservice-y.

Flare being from the Sun Village... seems like a pretty weird ass-pull to me, tbh. I can't say for sure whether Hiro planned this in advance but I feel it's something he just came up with maybe because Flare is popular in Japan(????).
    It's kind of reminiscent of Gajeel... he's introduced almost torturing Shadow Gear to death, later severely injuring Lucy and then he is a good guy quite of a sudden. Flare threatens a little girl and almost publicly rapes Lucy and now she is good as well. Admittedly, people changing sides isn't a new thing (especially in Shounen) but this somewhat bugs me.

Also, how many spirits can Lucy summon now? I guess you could say she's just switching really fast but it seems kind of weird.
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #1078

Spoiler
    Show

While not surprising I still liked the girls kicking ass, even if it was somewhat fanservice-y.

Flare being from the Sun Village... seems like a pretty weird ass-pull to me, tbh. I can't say for sure whether Hiro planned this in advance but I feel it's something he just came up with maybe because Flare is popular in Japan(????).
    It's kind of reminiscent of Gajeel... he's introduced almost torturing Shadow Gear to death, later severely injuring Lucy and then he is a good guy quite of a sudden. Flare threatens a little girl and almost publicly rapes Lucy and now she is good as well. Admittedly, people changing sides isn't a new thing (especially in Shounen) but this somewhat bugs me.

Also, how many spirits can Lucy summon now? I guess you could say she's just switching really fast but it seems kind of weird.
    Well...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Concerning Lucy, at least, she's probably able to keep 2, maybe 3 out at a time currently.

Also, Gajeel becoming their friend KIND OF makes sense, in that he's a fellow Dragon Slayer and we can sort of bull**** some "oh teir dragon souls resonated during their fight" which would be STUPID, but totally works.

Flare is a little...less, though. I mean yha, she was coerced into doing a lot of this **** by Sabretooth's horrible rules, but she's still...I don't know. Also her being from here is definitely an ass pull, but it DOES make Flare be more then a silly hair soundalike pun.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Well...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Concerning Lucy, at least, she's probably able to keep 2, maybe 3 out at a time currently.

Also, Gajeel becoming their friend KIND OF makes sense, in that he's a fellow Dragon Slayer and we can sort of bull**** some "oh teir dragon souls resonated during their fight" which would be STUPID, but totally works.

Flare is a little...less, though. I mean yha, she was coerced into doing a lot of this **** by Sabretooth's horrible rules, but she's still...I don't know. Also her being from here is definitely an ass pull, but it DOES make Flare be more then a silly hair soundalike pun.
    Flare wasn't part of Sabretooth. She was part of Raven Tail - the Card Carrying Moustache Twirling "We are teh Evilz!" Guild. Also keep in mind that it looked like the beat the **** out of her when she lost to Lucy (Obra had to cheat to save her), so her membership and participation may not have been voluntary from the start.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-08-16 at 03:15 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #1080

Ah, right, my mistake, sorry!