New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I know it's probably just me but it seemed like Hiro did more very fanservice-y shots this chapter than usually.

Otherwise... the Giants are celebrating (is it just me or do they all appear to be male? ) and the whole story basically served just to set up the new conflict with Tartaros.

And Minerva will probably return soon with a massive power-up by Harpy-Lady.

I guess Olinser might actually be right about what was going on but I do wonder how they could have gotten history this wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually it honestly wouldn't even be that difficult to get the story wrong, especially since it has been so long since Zeref was apparently active.

Especially since the Demons may not have been common knowledge at the time.

Let's imagine the following scenario - the Demons broke through whatever Gates they are talking about. Zeref and a whole bunch of wizards were close to the breach, and a huge fight broke out with Zeref barely winning.

He couldn't actually KILL the demons, for whatever reason, but he could SEAL them into various objects/locations/prisons.

Now, being a modest fellow, rather than announce how he saved the world, he buries the objects/prisons in various places with a high level of magic protection on them, and wanders off to his island to sulk and be emo (why, I dunno, but I could propose several scenarios).

100 years pass by. Somebody suddenly digs up a cache of objects that all have Zeref's sigil on them. He thinks, 'SCORE! Stockpile of magic items from a really powerful mage, lets see what they do!'

He tries to use them, and OOPS, demons pop out and destroy a major city or guild or something before they are stopped.

Since Zeref's sigil was on them, Zeref isn't around to tell how it really happened, the logical assumption is that he was the one that created/summoned the Demons (rather than SEALED them). OK, maybe it was just a 1 off.

Then over the next few years, more demon objects surface with Zeref's sigil on every one of them, and each time it results in a demon-rampaging disaster.

So Zeref's sigil shows up on objects/locations at the site of every single demon disaster. Perfectly logical that everybody thinks Zeref is an evil demon-summoning mage.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-04 at 10:29 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's Tartaros again?

Also, you're right, they did a few extra fan service-y scenes this time. Which we totally needed during a heartfelt moment of being accepted by her family. Thanks Hiro.
    In real life? Another word for the underworld or world of the dead or something in Greek mythology, iirc.
    In Fairy Tail... A guild or some such organization, it seems. And the other thing.

And Hiro always knows, what we need. Though, I forgot who mentioned it but I'm willing to accept Hiro got too many fans complaining about a lack of fanservice in RAVE so now he goes to ridiculous extremes to make fun of it.

@Olinser: Okay, this somewhat makes sense but... wouldn't you at least communicate something along the lines of "Don't use that thing, it is dangerous!" if you seal a demon inside something? Yeah, I guess there are possible scenarios but this is where things are either contrived or plot-holey.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Colossus in the Playground

In real life? Another word for the underworld or world of the dead or something in Greek mythology, iirc.
    In Fairy Tail... A guild or some such organization, it seems. And the other thing.

And Hiro always knows, what we need. Though, I forgot who mentioned it but I'm willing to accept Hiro got too many fans complaining about a lack of fanservice in RAVE so now he goes to ridiculous extremes to make fun of it.
    I meant in Manga, since it definitely seems like we're supposed to know.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... well, it seems it's some guild, probably a Dark one. I forgot if they mentioned it way back when they listed the big Dark guilds or if it was otherwise mentioned earlier...

Probably dumb question: What's up with this weeks title?
    "What's done is done."

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

Tartarus (sometimes spelled Tartaros) is from Greek mythology, and is fairly well known across all regions.

Normally souls sent to the Underworld (those not heroic enough for Elysium), were basically just in a Doldrums kind of thing - not terrible, not great, just very boring and dull.

However, Tartarus was the pit inside the Underworld where the mortals who severely offended the gods were imprisoned and subjected to eternal torment (the torment was usually an ironic hell based upon their sins - i.e. a man who tried to seduce Hera, a Goddess, was strapped to a burning wheel to symbolize his burning lust, a man that cooked and served his son at a meal was condemned to stand in a pool of water under a fruit tree, but whenever he tried to eat or drink the food and water would flow away from his hands).

So basically Tartarus usually refers to a kind of Hell where the worst offenders of the Underworld were condemned and punished. Generally not a place you want to open a portal to.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-04 at 12:26 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

Probably more to do with whatever is driving the generalized push in anime/manga towards more fanservice. That's the market demand, so that's what the market gets.

Aside from cultural causes in Japan itself like gender roles , the conservative-libertine dynamic and fashion shifts... all of which lets not discuss... my personal speculation is at a basic level it has something to do with the HD upgrade in art.

You can pull off a lot more now design wise... so your people need more definition to stand out. For women that ends up meaning well an upping to bust and butt and showier outfits. Though in its own way certainly affecting male depiction too. Splash Free! No Regrets!

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

Hm... well, it seems it's some guild, probably a Dark one. I forgot if they mentioned it way back when they listed the big Dark guilds or if it was otherwise mentioned earlier...
    Yeah, Tartarus is the last member of the three most powerful Dark Guilds in the setting (well, the one most powerful, now...)

Way back when, the Balam Alliance was Oracion Ses, Grimoire Heart, and Tartarus, with Tartarus implied to be the strongest of the three. And every other dark guild had to pay tribute to one of those three or else get obliterated.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

8. - Top - End - #1178

New chapter!

...well...that was interesting.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter!

Meh, breather chapters have to happen now and again.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

Huh? I didn't notice the plot advancing with all the fanservice happening...

Spoiler
    Show

As for the plot... Well, we don't really learn much more but our heroes do, somewhat. And they learn about Woodman being a Fairy. Okay, the book of Zeref might be in the possession of Tartarus. (If this was an RPG this would mean it IS in their possession but even know its pretty likely he is right)

More importantly(???)... Hiro-sama, I like your fanservice. I really do. Even though I have to agree with Gray's statement on page 10. (Which again makes me think Hiro at least to some extent is having a laugh at his readers) But if you draw borderline hentai like the last panel on page 12 or page 18 put a bit more censoring on the characters or I do have to wonder whether Earthland people have normal human anatomy (apart from women being able to have breasts which contain half their body weight)

Anyway, this was a surprisingly short arc (it really didn't feel like three months even, to be honest) but I'm sure the next will last longer.
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What's Tartaros again?

Also, you're right, they did a few extra fan service-y scenes this time. Which we totally needed during a heartfelt moment of being accepted by her family. Thanks Hiro.

@Olinser: Okay, this somewhat makes sense but... wouldn't you at least communicate something along the lines of "Don't use that thing, it is dangerous!" if you seal a demon inside something? Yeah, I guess there are possible scenarios but this is where things are either contrived or plot-holey.
    Tartarus (greek spelling) was like maximum security prison for the Titans and other nasty persons/gods. It was the worst place in the underworld to be.

As for in the manga it's a dark guild, in cahoots with Grimiore Heart and Oraciòn Seis. The name will probably reference the mythology a bit...

as for the latest chapter:

Spoiler: new chapter!
    Show
    Oh Natsu! I forsee great bruises. I loved the chapter. great ending to a part of the story, better closure then the tournament
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

really, the fan service is too much when you know that each character meticulously shaves their junk.

13. - Top - End - #1183

To be fair I sort of assumed with Natsu and Gray, since Natsu is dumb enough to set him on fire while eating, so I imagine that's just a thing that happens to him. Gray's stripping fetish/mental tick probably comes with a cleanliness...thingy.

14. - Top - End - #1184

Devil

and Erza just likes to cut things?

15. - Top - End - #1185

Well, I mean, her magic involves constantly switching her cloths, so making it easier to do that through having less hair for less friction would be useful.

Lucy has no reason. Also, not denying that the fanservice is A LITTLE MUCH sometimes. I don't even mind fanservice and I'm like "...this is supposed to be a serious scene of dialogue why is this happening?"

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    really, the fan service is too much when you know that each character meticulously shaves their junk.
    Hellloooo its called manscaping, get with the times already!

More seriously... sorta... for a long time I believe it was considered widely to be criminally obscene to depict pubic hair in Japan sorta even in adult faire.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Hellloooo its called manscaping, get with the times already!

More seriously... sorta... for a long time I believe it was considered widely to be criminally obscene to depict pubic hair in Japan sorta even in adult faire.
    You tell them, Soras!

Yeah, I think it's pretty much regarded on the same level as actual genitals.. Or was, anyway. So I guess Hiro giving Erza a Brazilian (that's what it's called, isn't it? I better not google that) is the only way to get that one image in there... it still doesn't explain where Natsu put his dragon balls. Though the angle just permits it being out of sight.
    Wouldn't Gray want as much protection from the cold as he could get, though...? Okay, let's not discuss this...
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Halfling in the Playground

So the only known mage with magic designed to kill demons is a member of a guild that worships demons?

More importantly, when the inevitable battle takes place, will Silver end up fighting Natsu as a rival Slayer magic user, or Gray as a rival Ice magic user?

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

I go agree the fanservice her is going far over board.
    The only thing saving it was Natsu's and Grey's comment about "the novelty wore off long ago", that really had me cluching my sides in laughter :P

Else, thats actualy a good question, so far i believe every singel enemy slayer has been matched up against a FT DS, but this just might be an exception, especially if Silver does have a personal connection to Grey.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inuzuka View Post
    So the only known mage with magic designed to kill demons is a member of a guild that worships demons?
    Well, the only mages with magic designed to kill dragons were people who were raised by dragons, so it might make sense.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Well, the only mages with magic designed to kill dragons were people who were raised by dragons, so it might make sense.
    Well, we did after years get an explanation as to why the dragons trained dragon slayers in the first place. I guess considering demons are usually evil and probably not the most loyal the same would work here. I'm still curious if the same can be applied to God Slayers...
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inuzuka View Post

More importantly, when the inevitable battle takes place, will Silver end up fighting Natsu as a rival Slayer magic user, or Gray as a rival Ice magic user?
    We're at least three twists away from knowing Tartarus' whole story... so shelving that for later.

And it will be Grey, by precedent anyways.

Well, we did after years get an explanation as to why the dragons trained dragon slayers in the first place. I guess considering demons are usually evil and probably not the most loyal the same would work here. I'm still curious if the same can be applied to God Slayers...
    Chelia apparently learned it from a book...

23. - Top - End - #1193

To be fair I don't think we've ever met or even heard of any specific Gods in Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Chelia apparently learned it from a book...
    And Zancrow was taught it by Hades, presumably from a book as well.
    Last edited by Inuzuka; 2013-10-11 at 12:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Devil

not to mention luxus who got the magic by being implanted with a crystal, if i remember correctly.

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well it seems Silver has Demon slayer magic because he is a demon. Wasn't expecting that.
    So I guess the other members of Tartaros worship the 9 gates?

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, that was defently a decent chapter, it really got me interested in the upcomming arc now.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so, I just started watching this show, I'm about 7 eps in, and I'm in love with it!

It's got just that perfect mix of light heartedness, comedy, fast paced action, drama and a little darkness for flavor but no so much that it becomes overpowering. Add a Charismatic Cast of characters with there own little quirks and eccentricity's and an interesting world for them to run around it, and you've got a fun ride set up form what I've seen so far.
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome about hope you will enjoy the ride.

I would warn you though, that there will frequently be discussed spoilers to the serie here, so you might want to go though all the episodes first, before joining us here

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

So new chapter up.

Spoiler
    Show
    So pretty much what everybody suspected. The Magic Council is composed of a bunch of pathetically weak politicians that couldn't stand up to a real fighter.

Stand by for the so far unnamed members of the 10 Wizard Saints to show up and start fighting demons.

Probably one or two of the weaker Saints is going to bite it to show that the demons are SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-18 at 01:31 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So new chapter up.

Spoiler
    Show
    So pretty much what everybody suspected. The Magic Council is composed of a bunch of pathetically weak politicians that couldn't stand up to a real fighter.

Stand by for the so far unnamed members of the 10 Wizard Saints to show up and start fighting demons.

Probably one or two of the weaker Saints is going to bite it to show that the demons are SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well can someone confirm to me that the co-announcer of the magic corps the one that mentioned Erza's friend's score in the mpf as being equal to that of a captain in his guard just died in this issue?

So that's Silver,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jackal
    and...
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-10-18 at 03:02 PM.