New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, i got to admit it was a little bit pathetic that the entire council could not deal with a single member of Tartaros.
    It is of course even worse that their security could not do a thing either, but i guess this just shows how far above regular mortals, or for that matter regular mages, an A+ class wizard really is.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm calling that Jackal is the Fire Demon Slayer. EXPLOSIONS.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm calling that Jackal is the Fire Demon Slayer. EXPLOSIONS.
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, I had already forgotten about that... I guess while it's not guaranteed it is likely each of them is an [element] Demon Slayer. We'll see...

It was a decent chapter but there are some things that kind of irritate me...
    1) As khaine said, the whole council being wiped out like that. No magical protection or anything? Nothing?!
    2) Yeah, I know talking is a free action but Org-Roshi talking for five pages after the Jackal guy already cast his spell is still ridiculous...
    3) Not really a complaint but the whole scene before the attack. I feel somehow it would have been nicer if we didn't know Tartaros was behind it and then all laughing at Org-Roshi's (admittedly kind of weird) comment...
    4) Why is Gray still playing hard to get? What's wrong with that guy?

Don't get me wrong, it was still decent... I'm curious what the other nine members are about.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

It was a decent chapter but there are some things that kind of irritate me...
    1) As khaine said, the whole council being wiped out like that. No magical protection or anything? Nothing?!
    2) Yeah, I know talking is a free action but Org-Roshi talking for five pages after the Jackal guy already cast his spell is still ridiculous...
    3) Not really a complaint but the whole scene before the attack. I feel somehow it would have been nicer if we didn't know Tartaros was behind it and then all laughing at Org-Roshi's (admittedly kind of weird) comment...
    4) Why is Gray still playing hard to get? What's wrong with that guy?
    Yeah, 1) kinda shows that if the council had ever picked a fight with FT, then it would have been crushed as well. If jackal can crush it like that, then its a just about certain that a strike force constisting of Erza, Mira and Laxus could have done about the same whenever they wanted to.

2) Im 100% in agreement there, it was more than a little silly, would have worked better if Org-Roshi had been putting up just a little bit of a fight, maybe pulling off a Gandalf.

4) Either his nature makes him unable to express himself towards Juvia, or else he isnt interested in her like that?
    For that matter, do we even know if he likes girls at all?

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    2) Im 100% in agreement there, it was more than a little silly, would have worked better if Org-Roshi had been putting up just a little bit of a fight, maybe pulling off a Gandalf.

4) Either his nature makes him unable to express himself towards Juvia, or else he isnt interested in her like that?
    For that matter, do we even know if he likes girls at all?
    2) There could have been so many ways to do this better... If the anime ever continues I guess they will change/prolong this somehow. Or I hope they do at least.

Didn't he kind of confess to her in the "other timeline" before he died? I mean, before Ultear did her thing.
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Grey isn't playing hard to get - he straight up told Juvia, directly, that he was not interested in her. She just didn't... accept that answer.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'd point out that this series has never been strong on magical theory and application like say Negima or Nanoha.

I can't recall your modestly typical "barriers" that do that sort of thing being mentioned. Likewise there doesn't seem to be a real common core of magic shared by everyone. Ergo we can't really presume these things to exist.

According to the offical translation even "wizard" is verging on a mistranslation there just as the term used in Japanese is more "Magic Martial Artist" which makes a lot more sense really.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Grey isn't playing hard to get - he straight up told Juvia, directly, that he was not interested in her. She just didn't... accept that answer.
    Aha, but there was also this. While I admit it isn't very clear what could he have wanted to tell her? But... yeah, Gray's recent actions just look a lot more like he was going to tell her she has a stain on her skirt or whatever..
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

According to the offical translation even "wizard" is verging on a mistranslation there just as the term used in Japanese is more "Magic Martial Artist" which makes a lot more sense really.
    Dam, that explains just about everything i though was wrong with FT's wizards..

Still there is a lot of people, especially in the council, who dresses like regular wizards.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

So, we get to meet the 9 deamons, and i am sure people are already trying to guess who will get mached up against who :P

Else, the fighting finaly starts again, and i got to admit i am not completely sure who will win in this fight now.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: My little demons
    Show

So, yeah, we get to know all the demon names and some hints at their skill, I guess.

And Ever fanservice... I'm a bit surprised Elfman's not there to... do something.

But we get Wind vs Lightning next time and I'm not sure either who will win this. But I'm actually tending towards Tempest. Just so the fairies can take horrible revenge later.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #1212

We're at the part of this Arc where Fairy Tail is REALLY GREAT and setting up a bunch of really super cool ideas and plans and stuff. I will be sad when it reaches the part where it makes these all go poorly.

For what it's worth, I shall enjoy this next fight.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: My little demons
    Show

So, yeah, we get to know all the demon names and some hints at their skill, I guess.

And Ever fanservice... I'm a bit surprised Elfman's not there to... do something.

But we get Wind vs Lightning next time and I'm not sure either who will win this. But I'm actually tending towards Tempest. Just so the fairies can take horrible revenge later.
    Well at this point I would expect defeat while the others foil the objective.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

i think Soras is right,
    Spoiler
    Show
    laxus will be able to hold him off and allow the others to grab whathisface and escape, and then wind guy will do his "now you've really made me angry" line and beat laxus swiftly.

and if that happens i will be slighty upset, laxus is supposed to be the second strongest person in fairy tail, second only to gildarts who might as well not exist. the last time we saw laxus fight (i think) was in the magic tournament where he single handedly beat 5 members of raventail, including his father. turning him of all people into a jobber would not be cool.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2013-10-25 at 04:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

For that matter, for all we know Laxus might have surpassed Gildarts at this point, seing as he is of the next generation of FT mages.

But yeah, the problem with Laxus actually losing is also more on the line of, that it would then be pretty unrealistic for anyone else to beat a 9 gate deamon 1 to 1.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    i think Soras is right,
    Spoiler
    Show
    laxus will be able to hold him off and allow the others to grab whathisface and escape, and then wind guy will do his "now you've really made me angry" line and beat laxus swiftly.

and if that happens i will be slighty upset, laxus is supposed to be the second strongest person in fairy tail, second only to gildarts who might as well not exist. the last time we saw laxus fight (i think) was in the magic tournament where he single handedly beat 5 members of raventail, including his father. turning him of all people into a jobber would not be cool.
    Not even. Laxus is around 5th-7th most powerful.

Gildarts is still the strongest. Makarov is definitely still more powerful than Laxus is. Erza almost certainly as well. While it is hard to get a fix on her power, I'd be willing to lay heavy odds on Mirajane being stronger as well.

That leaves him 5th without even getting into the Natsu/Laxus/Grey argument.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2013-10-25 at 08:40 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Umm respect 'em a whole lot but yeah Laxus is definitively better then Erza and Mirajane.

Taking on the entire guild, casting Fairy Law, fighting Hades better then a whole team, beating Raven Tail single handed, and beating a Wizard Saint... the guy's just plain pulled more off qualitatively.

Erza *might* be a better suited to single combat, is smarter, and has some better points, but is not more powerful overall. Mirajane is vague at best.

18. - Top - End - #1218

Mirajene is MEMETICALLY badass, since her powers are Elfman's but better, and Elfman's awesome. We've never really seen her DO much, though. And she normally sticks to her main Devil Arms, not changing them up like Elfman's various Beast Arms.

I honestly believe that Laxus shouldn't be as strong as the Mage Fight made him look. Basically everything he's done in that arc smelt like bad writing. Though he IS rather strong, at least in the amount of force he can put out.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Mirajene is MEMETICALLY badass, since her powers are Elfman's but better, and Elfman's awesome. We've never really seen her DO much, though. And she normally sticks to her main Devil Arms, not changing them up like Elfman's various Beast Arms.

I honestly believe that Laxus shouldn't be as strong as the Mage Fight made him look. Basically everything he's done in that arc smelt like bad writing. Though he IS rather strong, at least in the amount of force he can put out.
    I don't know I'm rather looking forward to discovering that Tempest thinks he's winning but Laxus more amused than interested in the fight is merely holding him at bay until the others get clear and then drop kicks Tempest off the nearest cliff and leaves assuming he's killed the demon (Laxus is an a$%^&ole after all!) but although Tempest survives one of the other demons turns up and kills him because he lost to a human... after all why should Tarterus be any different to the other evil groups?

Oh I can so see the other demons looking at Mirajane in her other form and mistake her for one of their own with one of them even falling for her!

As for Erza that warrior woman with the horns is her main foe and they get along perfectly well!

I can just see them chatting whilst they're fighting exchanging weapon and armour advice although I see that as being more one sided as the other demons watch in stunned amazement asking just how many suits of armour and weapons does that human have?!

I'm betting on Natsu going after Silver for freezing Atlas Flame and Grey arguing with him since they're facing Jackal and Silver and then we have Natsu fight Jackal and Grey versus Silver, maybe Leon will join in I wonder what Silver's reaction will be to them stripping? Maybe assume his true form before Gray reveals to Leon (and Silver) that he knows how to siphon off Silver's magic?
    Last edited by Hopeless; 2013-10-26 at 03:55 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm not sure what will happen... I guess it could go either or even all ways. But they should kind of establish the demons as a credible threat.

Regarding the power levels...
    Yeah, Mirajane is... she does get some good fights in the fillers (and she kicked Ever and Elf around easily we are told) but otherwise all we know of her is she is Erza's rivval...
    While Erza is pretty powerful and I'd not put it beyond her to be able to beat Raventail as well, she's quite clearly weaker than Laxus. The Hades fight is the best proof.
    Whether Gildartz is now weaker than Laxus... I think not but then we know not too much about Gildartz except he is crazy strong.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

If the competetion was for most badass mage, we would have a very clear winner :P

Really? because i kinda think it just supported everything else we have seen him do, like fighting the rest of FT, or giving Hades more of a fight than the rest of FT's A team could provide.

I will of course give you that the FT fight maybe was a little bit over the top, but it does fit a lot with what Hades would have done in the same situation.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

Regarding the power levels...
    Yeah, Mirajane is... she does get some good fights in the fillers (and she kicked Ever and Elf around easily we are told) but otherwise all we know of her is she is Erza's rivval...
    While Erza is pretty powerful and I'd not put it beyond her to be able to beat Raventail as well, she's quite clearly weaker than Laxus. The Hades fight is the best proof.
    Whether Gildartz is now weaker than Laxus... I think not but then we know not too much about Gildartz except he is crazy strong.
    Mirajane also absolutely slaughtered Freed when the two of them went toe-to-toe. It was a curbstomp.

That said...

I think Gildarts, Laxus, and Erza's rankings depend on what you're looking for. In terms of raw power and combat ability I would say Gildarts is the strongest; they had to retrofit the whole city in case he accidentally obliterated a house walking through it on his way home. Laxus seems to be generally more powerful than Erza, too.

On the other hand, Erza is a lot more versatile than Laxus is; she can adapt to enemies who have specific strengths and weaknesses a lot better, so I could easily buy there being more than a few people Laxus couldn't overpower that she could defeat. And Laxus isn't as strong as Gildarts, but if you need a mission where some things won't get obliterated, he's probably the better choice. ;)

Mirajane is the weakest of the four, I think, but not by a wide margin. She was Erza's equal for a long time, but she's only recently recovered the bulk of her power, and she can't maintain it for as long (that was the thing on the island, when she lost to the guy who Erza eventually beat by the skin of her teeth.)
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Question:

I'm on episode 49, and to be honest I'm NOT into this ep.

I've notice that the ep immediately following a story arc seems to always be a filler, and I was wondering if that's the case with this one? And if so is it safe to skip it after the first few minutes?
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Question:

I'm on episode 49, and to be honest I'm NOT into this ep.

I've notice that the ep immediately following a story arc seems to always be a filler, and I was wondering if that's the case with this one? And if so is it safe to skip it after the first few minutes?
    IIRC, that is true of both 49 and 50.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Oh thank god, I really wasn't digging this ep. Random pointless romance sub plot and cast members acting out of character not fun.

Edit: And yet love potion making Erza pick a fight with a support pillar, Mira pick a fight with Erza, Grey pick a fight with Happy and Makarov pick a fight with Alcohol (seriously, did he mean that barrel in particular or all of it as a whole?) is actually rather entertaining, even if Juvia using a love potion makes me cringe a bit.
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2013-10-29 at 08:51 PM.
    "I Burn!"

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Oh thank god, I really wasn't digging this ep. Random pointless romance sub plot and cast members acting out of character not fun.

Edit: And yet love potion making Erza pick a fight with a support pillar, Mira pick a fight with Erza, Grey pick a fight with Happy and Makarov pick a fight with Alcohol (seriously, did he mean that barrel in particular or all of it as a whole?) is actually rather entertaining, even if Juvia using a love potion makes me cringe a bit.
    Googling it, a list of which episodes are filler can be found HERE

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Googling it, a list of which episodes are filler can be found HERE
    That is wonderful.

And I still maintain that Grey screaming at the Horizon that it's his rival and trying to charge it, Ezra making a desperate Attempt to stab a piller to death, Makarove attempting to drink ALL the booze, and Mira trying to have a rematch with Erza is hilarious.
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #1228

New chapter!

...god damnit that was an amazing chapter. Stop it Fairy Tail, I know how you work, I know you're not going to have a good pay off, but damnit if the build up isn't really great.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter!

...god damnit that was an amazing chapter. Stop it Fairy Tail, I know how you work, I know you're not going to have a good pay off, but damnit if the build up isn't really great.
    Eh, I'm going to be blunt, I thought it was just stupid.

In particular, Tempest demon's ability to

Spoiler
    Show
    explode and basically kill anybody he feels like makes him effectively invincible.

I hate it when any author introduces ANY character like this. Literally the only way to kill them is by some stupid contrived plot device introduced specifically for this person. Write a real fight instead of having to resort to, "OMG this guy is invincible and unbeatable. WAIT.... Plot McGuffin X just happens to neutralize his ability! Now we win!"

Stand by for Jellal (or maybe the dude that survived that initial attack on teh council - was it Lahal?) to just happen to have the right item to contain/neutralize the mist.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter!

I'm a bit disappointed Hiro had not enough balls again but it was pretty good, yeah. We go to war!
    "What's done is done."