New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail II: Second Generation Thread Slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    *cough* Remember when we thought Hades made Wendy disappear? *cough* she was saved by literally the biggest asspull in the history of Fairy Tail yet.

Fully expect Natsu to blast that ice off himself in the next issue. It would be a sign of progress for the series as a whole if he actually stayed there and had to be rescued.
    Yeah well its pretty hard to top being rescued by someone else's magic... without that someone doing anything to make that happen.

Fire guy getting out of ice is nothing on that really.

Though I don't know about "progress" when since this sorta cliffhanger is just a standard tool and there's nothing wrong with it. I'd say the whole point is to end on an exciting note and counting on the savvy of the viewers to not make it actually shocking. It would be a unexpected certainly.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Yeah well its pretty hard to top being rescued by someone else's magic... without that someone doing anything to make that happen.

Fire guy getting out of ice is nothing on that really.

Though I don't know about "progress" when since this sorta cliffhanger is just a standard tool and there's nothing wrong with it. I'd say the whole point is to end on an exciting note and counting on the savvy of the viewers to not make it actually shocking. It would be a unexpected certainly.
    That is the point I was trying to make. It would be progress if for once the cliffhanger ACTUALLY MATTERED, as in, Natsu didn't get to break out of that ice his fire couldn't melt a week ago because **** you, MC.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

*cough* Remember when we thought Hades made Wendy disappear? *cough* she was saved by literally the biggest asspull in the history of Fairy Tail yet.

Fully expect Natsu to blast that ice off himself in the next issue. It would be a sign of progress for the series as a whole if he actually stayed there and had to be rescued.
    Really? I'd say the biggest ***pull was when the random guard guy sank into the lava and was somehow rescued.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Really? I'd say the biggest ***pull was when the random guard guy sank into the lava and was somehow rescued.
    That entire arc was garbage.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Halfling in the Playground

Well Mirajane is clearly going to show up brainwashed and crazy.
    Erza will probably escape, because FT is seriously going to need her.
    Mirajane's main magic involves turning herself into a demon, and Tartarus's big plan is to ... turn her into a demon

For some reason I don't think that brainwashing will stick.
    Last edited by Inuzuka; 2014-01-10 at 07:40 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That entire arc was garbage.
    Aw, come on, that's pretty harsh. There was fun stuff in there. And a lot of garbage.

Also: Tentacles! Hiro must be trolling, there's no other explanation. (Except FT seriously having switched genre)

Spoiler: I guess too late but meh
    Show

Not sure what will happen to Natsu... Yeah, the expected outcome would be for him to simply burst out... but maybe they'll come up with a proper excuse why that happens. Then again, maybe he really just lost?

btw, what was up with the other guy? Luffy-like machine gun punch and... power absorption? measuring?

As for Gray... I'm trying to guess the guys' age. Including the seven year time jump I guess it's still be possible he's his dad but then I really hope we get a different explanation.....
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #1387

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Show

Not sure what will happen to Natsu... Yeah, the expected outcome would be for him to simply burst out... but maybe they'll come up with a proper excuse why that happens. Then again, maybe he really just lost?

btw, what was up with the other guy? Luffy-like machine gun punch and... power absorption? measuring?

As for Gray... I'm trying to guess the guys' age. Including the seven year time jump I guess it's still be possible he's his dad but then I really hope we get a different explanation.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Franmalth is like Wobbuffet, I think. His power revolves around returning everything you dish out back at him.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-01-10 at 09:23 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

That is the point I was trying to make. It would be progress if for once the cliffhanger ACTUALLY MATTERED, as in, Natsu didn't get to break out of that ice his fire couldn't melt a week ago because **** you, MC.
    Who says its the same ice? I seriously doubt he managed to freeze an entire mountain without SOME outside force boosting his power. If it was the same ice that Ur used against the demon, it means that he had to basically fuel it with people's lives.

Now he's operating on his own power. I'll certainly believe that Natsu can break out of it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw, come on, that's pretty harsh. There was fun stuff in there. And a lot of garbage.

Also: Tentacles! Hiro must be trolling, there's no other explanation. (Except FT seriously having switched genre)

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Two options: Silver is Gray's dad. Ooooor.... Silver is Gray from the future after having turned evil and been demonified.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two options: Silver is Gray's dad. Ooooor.... Silver is Gray from the future after having turned evil and been demonified.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He could also be a long-lost brother of some sort. A brother who was, say, five to seven years older, plus seven extra years of timeskip, would now be in his thirties and could be drawn that way.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. i guess its time to start the betting pool..

Because while Natsu confirms a direct connection between Silver and Grey, then we still dont know what it is.

And while i guess father or brother is the most plausible explanation, then that does not explain his apperent dislike for Grey.

The time traveling Grey theory meanwhile, doesnt really explain the rather obvious shift in personality.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well.. i guess its time to start the betting pool..
    Huh? Of course, time travel can explain all possible kinds of shifts in character... Gaining new experiences can greatly change your outlook on things and even make you despise the person you used to be.
    That said.: I don't like the time travelling Gray theory much. On the other hand, I like the "father" or "never mentioned before(?) brother" stories even less. A third pupil of Ur? Doesn't fit well, either... Or would smell like Grey.

Really, I like none of the ideas I can come up with but I liked the time travelling (again) the least not.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh? Of course, time travel can explain all possible kinds of shifts in character... Gaining new experiences can greatly change your outlook on things and even make you despise the person you used to be.
    That said.: I don't like the time travelling Gray theory much. On the other hand, I like the "father" or "never mentioned before(?) brother" stories even less. A third pupil of Ur? Doesn't fit well, either... Or would smell like Grey.

Really, I like none of the ideas I can come up with but I liked the time travelling (again) the least not.
    Your last statement is confusing. Am I correctly interpreting that as "I like none of the ideas listed. However, the time traveling one is the one I dislike the least."?

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

I know what you meant. I'm simply pointing out that "progress" implies improvement. Which is not actually the case. They're unrelated phenomena because a story device's use does not imply quality.

Lets say Natsu is flat dead and not coming back. That wouldn't be better least in my book it would just be a massive troll worse then Gainax's PS&G ending, being sudden and shocking and emotionally damaging for the readers... made worse because nobody took this seriously because we're used to cliffhangers turning out alright.

Not that that is likely, but I don't pretend I can imagine all the possibilities or that a non-standard use would be automatically better just because its different.

Wow I like don't even remember that, where was it. I normally remember things like that.

Maybe its just me but it looks like they have a different face and eye structure. Rogue and Rogue had different designs but you could still tell they were supposed to be the same person. Or that's my eyes, I won't claim too much on that front.

And what's so terrible about Silver being a member of the Fullbuster family? Its not like we actually know much about him other then "Deliora destroyed village, adopted by Ur" and heck the relation might well explain why the heck that happened and tell us more about Gray. We've had what one or two mentions of his family and no flashbacks of them?

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Wow I like don't even remember that, where was it. I normally remember things like that.
    Since I don't remember if we're allowed to lik stuff here - chapter 309 (Burning Death) pages 14 (Arcadios - 'I'm ready to sacrafice my life!') - 17 (Horologium - 'He's all right lol')

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Since I don't remember if we're allowed to lik stuff here - chapter 309 (Burning Death) pages 14 (Arcadios - 'I'm ready to sacrafice my life!') - 17 (Horologium - 'He's all right lol')
    Ahh beneath the castle with that fisherman dude. Though given its post Hades I do have to point out Horologium was using something established technically. What Arcadios pulled walking through it...

... maybe its not actually lava because magic? Magic armor? Actually a Saiyan?

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Chapter 309

Ahh beneath the castle with that fisherman dude. Though given its post Hades I do have to point out Horologium was using something established technically. What Arcadios pulled walking through it...

... maybe its not actually lava because magic? Magic armor? Actually a Saiyan?

Except Lucy didn't even have her keys at the time.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2014-01-12 at 08:38 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Except Lucy didn't even have her keys at the time.
    Yeah but they actually dealt with that via Loke... and not like she activated Horologium's save before so its arguable if she needs like physical contact for this to happen.

I still think a last second save is silly as hell to add... but hey once they add it might as well use it.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Your last statement is confusing. Am I correctly interpreting that as "I like none of the ideas listed. However, the time traveling one is the one I dislike the least."?
    Yeah, sorry.

Lets say Natsu is flat dead and not coming back. That wouldn't be better least in my book it would just be a massive troll worse then Gainax's PS&G ending, being sudden and shocking and emotionally damaging for the readers... made worse because nobody took this seriously because we're used to cliffhangers turning out alright.
    Hah, if Natsu's dead I'm going to... how do you say "eat a broom" in English? The internet says "Eat my hat". (Can one deduce something about German's rather eating brooms than hats?) Anyway, no, no way. Never. Not in Fairy Tail.

Maybe its just me but it looks like they have a different face and eye structure.
    Hm... I'm not too sure. I'm not good at this but they do look alike enough for him to be Gray with 20+ more years or so. At least in my opinion.

And what's so terrible about Silver being a member of the Fullbuster family? Its not like we actually know much about him other then "Deliora destroyed village, adopted by Ur" and heck the relation might well explain why the heck that happened and tell us more about Gray. We've had what one or two mentions of his family and no flashbacks of them?
    Well, Gray is one of the main characters and he had a good few arcs to him. If he had a brother he should have been mentioned. And I just dislike it if a person is presumably dead and then way later turns out to be alive with no indication to it or anything. At least when we know quite clearly they are dead, in regard to Gray's parents. And a more distant relative... I just find unlikely, but obviously that's no prove for anything. But when in a media did an uncle suddenly turn up for a great reveal?
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Hah, if Natsu's dead I'm going to... how do you say "eat a broom" in English? The internet says "Eat my hat". (Can one deduce something about German's rather eating brooms than hats?) Anyway, no, no way. Never. Not in Fairy Tail.
    Hat is probably the most common yeah so that would be the phrase.

And yeah it won't happen. But I'm pointing out that how a story device is used is not actually connected to its quality. People just assume so when what they really are saying is "a range of options I select and would personally like" which I don't find a compelling argument.

Hm... I'm not too sure. I'm not good at this but they do look alike enough for him to be Gray with 20+ more years or so. At least in my opinion.
    Which could just as easily be father. Only that time travel is possible and used recently really makes it even remotely plausible. And I'm not sure 20 years would quite do it anyways, or not undermine the revelation itself with visual incongruity.

But give how recently it was used suggests to me it too soon to recycle the premise, which so help me FT hasn't quite done either.

Well, Gray is one of the main characters and he had a good few arcs to him. If he had a brother he should have been mentioned. And I just dislike it if a person is presumably dead and then way later turns out to be alive with no indication to it or anything. At least when we know quite clearly they are dead, in regard to Gray's parents. And a more distant relative... I just find unlikely, but obviously that's no prove for anything. But when in a media did an uncle suddenly turn up for a great reveal?
    Well brother given the (arguably) pretty sizable age gap is less likely then father in my book. And of course Gray's father should obviously have existed unless specifically said otherwise. (Also dramatic redundancy with Lyon)

I would also like to point out that most characters in this story don't exactly have complete closed backgrounds that don't allow for expansion. This would come from a blank period in Gray's life, pre-Deliora. Its not exactly a requirement for the author to give an entire detailed biography unless its relevant to the story actually at hand.

As for being "dead" we (iirc) have never seen the bodies. That's like a free pass.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ettin in the Playground

Hat is probably the most common yeah so that would be the phrase.

And yeah it won't happen. But I'm pointing out that how a story device is used is not actually connected to its quality. People just assume so when what they really are saying is "a range of options I select and would personally like" which I don't find a compelling argument.

Which could just as easily be father. Only that time travel is possible and used recently really makes it even remotely plausible. And I'm not sure 20 years would quite do it anyways, or not undermine the revelation itself with visual incongruity.

But give how recently it was used suggests to me it too soon to recycle the premise, which so help me FT hasn't quite done either.

Well brother given the (arguably) pretty sizable age gap is less likely then father in my book. And of course Gray's father should obviously have existed unless specifically said otherwise. (Also dramatic redundancy with Lyon)

I would also like to point out that most characters in this story don't exactly have complete closed backgrounds that don't allow for expansion. This would come from a blank period in Gray's life, pre-Deliora. Its not exactly a requirement for the author to give an entire detailed biography unless its relevant to the story actually at hand.

As for being "dead" we (iirc) have never seen the bodies. That's like a free pass.
    Gray was on his own from an early age, and raised by Ur for a good portion of them. We have literally NO IDEA what kind of family or extended family may be out there. Brother age difference can easily be arrived at by being an older brother to begin with, plus the years that they were time frozen on the island. You could reasonably get a 15-20 year age gap between brothers quite easily, and then you have the possibility of Evil Uncle (possibly father's twin, which is why they look alike - Grey looks like his father, who had a twin), Evil Cousin, etc.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Still doesn't mean it's a good plot element Really, if we go by likely... yeah, it's gis dad. Because that's what would be the most clichee. But I'll still hope it's,,, something else.

Anyway, new chapter. And... Hiro-sama, if you are so desperate to draw hentai... GO AND DRAW HENTAI!

Spoiler
    Show

Natsu's naked. Lisanna's naked. (And both are stuck in a cell with nothing to do) Tartaros chicks have a lesbian relationship. (First I thought it was my dirty mind but the middle panel at the end makes it quite clear, I think) Geez, at least the Oracion Seis fight had no fanservice apart from Angel's costume. (I better not start thinking how that would turn out)
    Well, maybe we will see the return of Zero happening... Jellal will certainly not die because magical armageddon and stuff... Elfman is going to try to fight all of Fairy Tail...? Sure, why not. Just drag in Ever and that'll cure him, I guess. True love and so on.
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #1403

I'm actually okay with this chapter, and feel it's quite good. Except for one point...why did they
    Spoiler
    Show
    defrost Natsu? That's...a REALLY dumb idea, though the anti magic cuffs are interesting...

Okay, so, we KNOW that the mind controlly demon is whats her face, ERza's rival, right? Like, it hasn't been said, but we know it's her. I wonder if her...tendancies, that the Dominatrix demon lady are naturaly, or enforced.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. that chapter actually really managed to revive my interest..

Spoiler
    Show
    Natsu slapped down like a punk and then locked up went my above my wildest dreams for that fight, and so far i dont think the fan service has been detracting from the story.

And the ending was for that matter also rather nice.. i liked the comment about needing to be broken from within.

edit because gahh..
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2014-01-17 at 12:21 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Why did you put that in quotes, khaine?

I'm actually okay with this chapter, and feel it's quite good. Except for one point...
    Oh, I'm not unhappy. The fanservice bits are just... getting weirdly overpresent?Something like that.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, the reason they defrosted Natsu is obvious: So they can watch him and Lisanna he can plan his escape. I'm pretty sure we on't get a better reason than that, really. (Or maybe they were afraid he'd thaw himself up somehow if left alone long enough and wanted to cuff him up better...

I'm not that sure about it anymore... Yeah, she stil totally looks like her but they make it seem like the two ladies know each other longer. And why would they chnage her name but have her still look the same? Really, it's the most confusing thing... Maybe Hiro really was too lazy to give her a more unique face.
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm actually okay with this chapter, and feel it's quite good. Except for one point...why did they
    Spoiler
    Show
    defrost Natsu? That's...a REALLY dumb idea, though the anti magic cuffs are interesting...

Okay, so, we KNOW that the mind controlly demon is whats her face, ERza's rival, right? Like, it hasn't been said, but we know it's her. I wonder if her...tendancies, that the Dominatrix demon lady are naturaly, or enforced.
    Probably because
    Spoiler
    Show

They seem to think that they have absolutely nothing to fear from Natsu. Why should they? Silver just owned him while barely lifting a finger (they are unaware he killed the other Demon, remember).

I assume they want to conduct some kind of experiment on him, after all he is a Dragon Slayer, not the kind of thing you can just pull out of your hat.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #1407

Oh, I'm not unhappy. The fanservice bits are just... getting weirdly overpresent?Something like that.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, the reason they defrosted Natsu is obvious: So they can watch him and Lisanna he can plan his escape. I'm pretty sure we on't get a better reason than that, really. (Or maybe they were afraid he'd thaw himself up somehow if left alone long enough and wanted to cuff him up better...

I'm not that sure about it anymore... Yeah, she stil totally looks like her but they make it seem like the two ladies know each other longer. And why would they chnage her name but have her still look the same? Really, it's the most confusing thing... Maybe Hiro really was too lazy to give her a more unique face.
    The fanservice is getting REALLY over saturated, yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show

She gets a new name because the experiments that changed her into a demon is like a rebirth. She looks so close to what she normally looked like because....well, as we can see, the torture lady likes the ladies, and Erza's Rival certainly has a lot of lady to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Probably because
    Spoiler
    Show

They seem to think that they have absolutely nothing to fear from Natsu. Why should they? Silver just owned him while barely lifting a finger (they are unaware he killed the other Demon, remember).

I assume they want to conduct some kind of experiment on him, after all he is a Dragon Slayer, not the kind of thing you can just pull out of your hat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...that's a really good point. Demonic Dragon Slayer would be kind of cool.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Nope that has been wrong from the beginning.

Sayla appears in chapter 356.

Minerva in the tank still not a demon is in chapter 359.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Meh, Slayers aren't that impressive any more. They used to be really rare, rare enough that experiments were performed to create fake ones. Now there's a load of Dragon Slayers and God Slayers and nobody seems any stronger than ordinary Mages, with the only time actually being a Dragon Slayer mattered was when all those dragons showed up.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

30. - Top - End - #1410

Nope that has been wrong from the beginning.

Sayla appears in chapter 356.

Minerva in the tank still not a demon is in chapter 359.
    ...huh, I hadn't realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Meh, Slayers aren't that impressive any more. They used to be really rare, rare enough that experiments were performed to create fake ones. Now there's a load of Dragon Slayers and God Slayers and nobody seems any stronger than ordinary Mages, with the only time actually being a Dragon Slayer mattered was when all those dragons showed up.
    True. Such a shame, really.