New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Heralds of a New Dawn (IC)

Aidan curses, before running to the side, around the newly-released Porygon. "Hmph... leaving your own Pokemon in the path of your attacks. If you're trying to prove you're any different from other Snaggers, you're doing a muking horrible job of it," he says to the Snagger as he whips his disc-blade forward at the man once again. Before it reaches him, however, he gives it a tug, causing it to curve around, chainging its course to strike around Setha, Ennis and the Porygon to slice at the Gyarados. "Fire off another Electroweb, Kiran, then get yourself over here!" he calls out, the Joltik responding with another spray of electric webbing over the Gyarados before launching a thread across the street and reeling itself over to the far wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan moves to N11 and attacks the Gyarados with an Arms Attack.

Kiran attacks the Gyarados with Electroweb, then uses a Threaded shift to P10.

Aidan: Arms Attack v S1 - AC: (1d20)[19] v 6 + Physical Evasion, (1d10+9)[13] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d10+4)[5] on Crit.

Kiran: Electroweb v S1 - AC: (1d20)[18] v 3 + Special Evasion, (2d10+21)[28] Electric Special Damage plus (2d10+8)[21] on Crit. Targets hit get -1 Speed Combat Stage.

Aidan:
    HP: 51/100
    DEX: +1
    DR: 5

Kiran:
    HP: 12/60
    DEF: 6
    SDEF: 6
    SPD: 11
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny and Buzz sit in silence. That is the simplest lie that can be told. Inside the Pokeball, the Elekid's body is a collection of energy constantly moving in place. Within that collection of buzzing atoms is his mind, and within that, the possessing spirit of Donny's mind. With the constant mishmash of energy flitting around in the condensed form, a feeling not unlike too much coffee, Donny learns more and more about the electric pokemon's capabilities. He can see where Buzz could learn to shoot electric webs from his arms, were he taught how. Those same glands are a part of Arachnia's physiology as well.

Then something strange happens, those glands become meshed with Donny's own mental representation of himself. It's not a real change, but he suddenly understands how he could do it with Arachnia. And then the idea comes across that he could do the same with Echo's nose slits and maybe learn how to track scents as well as she.

This discovery takes place over the majority of the time in the pokeball, and now that time has very little meaning, he doesn't seem to mind.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vladmir recognizes the Ranger for what he is, and his face falls. "Oh, I'm afraid it is," he says regretfully, as he produces a knife and brings it down on the rangers lasso.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arms attack!
    AC 6: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[10]

EDIT: Crit damage in OOC
    Last edited by Gaekub; 2013-01-18 at 01:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis struggling is in vain, the net entangling itself with her limbs. Vlad's knife slices cleanly through the Ranger's rope, freeing Aidan. Incompetent fools! Gyrados, hit the girl. The serpent lunges at Tarna, head engulfed in water, striking the ninja so hard, she falls to the ground. Butch's Tauros snorts and rear kicks the Tangela behind it in its.... face?

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna takes 46 damage and is Flinched. You may still used your command. Setha and 47 are up next.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

'Rayquaza damn it!' Ennis keeps struggling.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21]
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Setha charges at the Gyarados that just downed her friend, her claws burning with fell energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Claw:
    (1d20)[11] AC 2, Physical Dark, Crit 18-20
    (3d8+22)[33]
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #787
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"47, the Tauros!" the doctor orders, knife still in hand. The drowzee releases a wave of energy towards the bull, hoping to lull it too sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir:
    HP: 44/90
    DEX: -1

47:
    HP: 66/66
    DEF: 10
    SDEF: 10
    SPD: 4

Hypnosis (AC 6): (1d20)[13]

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Setha's claws dig into the Gyrados' skin, leaving a shallow wound. Man this thing was tough. 47's hypnotic waves travel, lulling the Tauros into a trance. Wait, wasn't Aidan just riding on it? Oops.... Tarna is too staggered by the blow to act, giving the opponents a chance to act.

I'm impressed. You didn't crumble like I expected. No matter, I still have tricks up my sleeve. He wasn't kidding. He dashes over to Kiran, his hand spinning once again, slamming into the spider for 24 damage. Kiran lays on the concrete, alive but unconscious.

The Ranger holding Tarna yanks hard, cinching the rope further. The other Rangers pull out batons, going to smack each of you, rather ineffectually. Setha gets smacked for a whooping 1 damage. 47 is also smacked for also a whooping 1 damage, but Vlad dodges surprisingly.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, weird things. Both rangers rolled the exact same for AC and damage. And both 47 and Setha have the same defense. Its weird. Anyways, Tarna is Trapped for 2 Rounds.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan quickly recalls the injured Joltik and says, "I don't care about your tricks... you're going down. Zex! You're up!" He releases the Sneasel slightly behind him before whipping his disc-blade at the Snagger, trying to hit the machine on his arm.

Spoiler
    Show
    Recalling Kiran, releasing Zex at P13.

Arms Attack v Sn - AC: (1d20)[6] v 6 + Phys Evasion, (1d10+9)[16] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d10+4)[5] on Crit.

Aidan:
    HP: 51/100
    DEX: +1
    DR: 5

Zex:
    HP: 81/81
    DEF: 7
    SPD: 20
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2013-01-20 at 05:58 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

10. - Top - End - #790
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"VAIT NO I MEANT THE GYRA-" Vladmir shouts, moments before the Tauros collapses. "-dos" he finishes lamely. "Sorry."

He takes a step backwards and attacks another lasso, with another curt apology to the ranger holding it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir:

47:
    HP: 65/66

Attacking R4 lasso (AC 6): (1d20)[2]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[14]

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Ennis finds a tab saying Pull Here. Doing so, she effortlessly removes the net, which now lays in her hand. Aidan's disk flies towards the Snagger, he swats it away with his snagger gauntlet. Vlad swings wildly, not even connecting with rope.

Hahahahaha! You are a riotous lot. Can't even stay organized. Porygon Z, web this fool. The Digital Duck flys around Aidan, hitting him with an electrified web for 35 damage. Gryados, destroy! The Serpent shifts backwards, its tail almost swatting the now-free Ennis while it winds up, smacking the pavement. The attack ripples through the pavement, destroying it, slamming into Ennis, Setha and the Tauros.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan takes 35
    Ennis takes 45
    Setha takes 80 You just barely missed a DST there.
    Just 47 is up now, since Setha got her **** wrecked.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-01-22 at 09:53 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

Wait a minute, I can use this to help my side.

Just as Ennis was about to chuck the net, a piece of pavement comes loose, and flies in Ennis's face, smacking her out cold as she hits the ground, bleeding.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

13. - Top - End - #793
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"47, the Tangela," Vladmir orders, cursing himself for missing the lasso. He had been more of a hinderance than a help so far, and he wanted to change that.

The Drowzee steps forward and then brings its head down in a crippling blow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vladmir:

47:

Headbutt (AC 2): [roll]1d20[roll] (flinch on 15-20)
    Damage(Normal, physical): (3d8+18)[32]

EDIT: Damnit, AC roll in OOC.
    Last edited by Gaekub; 2013-01-23 at 01:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

47's shiny head collides with the mass of vines, who looks only minorly perturbed by the attack. Restrain them! The Tangela's disperse, vines shooting out of their bodies. Vines envelope everyone conscious, squeezing them and keeping them still.

What in the Void is going on here!? Further up the street, everyone sees a large yellow bipedal pokemon, rather fat jogging towards the battle. Peeking behind its shoulder is an old man, mostly bald with a ring of grey hair and bushy grey beard. Vlad and Ennis recognize the man as Wattson, the local Gym Leader and Vlad knows he is riding an Electivire.

Back off Wattson. This is none of your concern. Marken growls, waving a mechanical hand at the elderly man. Now you see here! I am the Gym Leader of Mauville City! You are causing havoc in my streets and stealing pokemon! This is entirely my concern! Wattson hops off the Electivire. He nods to it, and its dual tails stretch and sneak towards Ennis, wrapping around her limp form and gingerly lifting her out of the rubble into the electric mon's arms. Stop now and Static doesn't fry you and your fish.

Marken smirks, presenting his badges to Wattson, the other Rangers presenting theirs as well. You have no authority in this matter old man. My orders come from far higher than a Gym Leader. Interfere and I will be forced to arrest you and report your actions all the way up to Simon. Who gave you these orders? To steal pokemon and attack my citizens?! Wattson spits, spittle flying out of his mouth.

I can not divulge names, Wattson. You should know that. I can tell you I am in authority with Statue #8432. Wattson stands there for a few moments, teeth gritted in rage, before his stance softens. You will be held accountable for the damage to my city. It will be in my report. And please, don't let that suspect get away. Motioning to the unconscious Ennis.

Marken turns his attention back to the people attacking him, know successfully bound in place. Now. Surrender and I will go easy on you. Otherwise. Marken take a ball from his belt, black and gold and brand new. I'll have my newest acquisition beat some sense into you about our cause. A flash of light and a small Elekid appears next to Marken.

Donny
    Your conversation with Buzz is cut abruptly short, as you are ripped from your mental seat. Buzz's body, which you can feel once again, seems to expand and grow to full size. You feel rough pavement beneath your tiny feet. Opening your eyes, you see a strange sight. Directly in front of you is Aidan, wrapped in vines stemming from a mass of vines. You see Zex, Vlad and 47 are all similarly bound. To your right you see a humongous Serpent, who growls angrily at you. Behind you you see a weird duck thing, an old man next to a large Electivire. And to your left, a man, dressed in a trenchcoate, two different mechanized hands peeking out of the sleeves. Young one! Do not listen to that man! You hear the Electivire plead. The Duck and Serpent simply make aggravated noises, but nothing you can understand.

Elekid. Attack this man if he refuses to cooperate. The man in the Trenchcoate says, indicating Aidan.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adian takes 8 damage, Trapped for 5 turns by T4. Roll your own Bind damage.
    Zex takes 8 damage, Trapped for 4 turns by T3. Roll your own Bind damage.
    47 takes 5 damage, Trapped for 5 turns by T1. Roll your own Bind damage.
    Vlad takes 10 damage, Trapped for 3 turns by T2. Roll your own Bind damage.

Buzz/Donny gets a free turn, Tarna is up. Reminder: Tarna is still Trapped till the end of this turn.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2013-01-23 at 12:48 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Donny keeps looking around through Buzz's eyes. He almost misses the command by the man to his left- Wait, why am I being commanded? Is this the Mukker that 'caught' me?! And he wants me to attack Aidan? Okay, he's asking for it! Donny takes a step forward, gaining a bit of distance, but with a quick movement he spins and charges at the man in the trenchcoat. He tucks into a roll with his foot outstretched, aiming to make this man suffer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Buzz: HP: 20/81, Def: 5, SDef: 10, Spd: 12
    Rolling Kick: AC vs 4 (1d20)[12] Flinch 15+
    Fighting, Physical: (2d10+21)[31] Please Crit (2d10+8)[18]

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry it has taken so long to reply. My computer is broken.

Tarna tries to break out of the net.

Spoiler
    Show
    Srength check? (1d20+2)[6]
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Tarna struggles against an imaginary net, unintentionally wriggling the lasso around her waist a bit looser.

Buzz's spinning kick lands right in the Marken family jewels, causing the man to double over in pain. Why you little scumbag! Marken rears his snagger hand up to smack Buzz, bringing it down. Unfortunatly for him, he isn't trained for hand-to-hand combat, striking Buzz's horns ineffectually, sending sparks all along the arm. OW! MUK! Your going to pay for that!

Uh.... Marken? What should we d- Subdue them you fools! But you ordered us to keep ou- Well I'm giving you a new order. Subdue them now! The Rangers all pull out billy-clubs, trying to strike at the trainers. R1 swings at Aidan, but even bound, he manages to miss. R3 swings at the Drowzee, but the creepy mon's distant stare made him swing elsewhere. R2 and R4 swing at the lone doctor, actually connecting for 24 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tarna is no longer Trapped though still lassoed. Int check if you want to take a stab at what happened to the arm. And my rolls were bad. I got, in order, 1, 2, 3, 7, 12. Sorry Geakub, you were the last in my list of things to hit.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan smirks even as he struggles against the vines, having seen Buzz strike back at the Snagger. Donny's in control... but he doesn't need to know that. Slipping a hand into one of his pockets to pull out an Enriched Water, he jabs the syringe into his leg and says to Marken, "Funny, isn't it? That Pokemon that you stole from my friend knows whose side its on. And it's not going to listen to a thief like you. For that matter, neither am I... Zex, bring that guy down! Fury Swipes!" he calls out, with a sharp nod of the head at the trainer between the two of them. The Sneasel responds with a barrage of claw swipes against the ranger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan uses an Enriched Water. Zex uses Fury Swipes on R1.

Constrict Damage for Aidan: (1d12)[1]
    Constrict Damage for Zex: (1d12)[12]

Zex: Fury Swipes v R1 - Up to 5 hits, attack ends with first miss. Critical hit on 18-20. Defense applied only once.
    AC: (1d20)[16] v 4 + Physical Evasion, (1d6+19)[24] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d6+3)[4] on Crit.
    AC: (1d20)[13] v 4 + Physical Evasion, (1d6+3)[9] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d6+3)[4] on Crit.
    AC: (1d20)[17] v 4 + Physical Evasion, (1d6+3)[7] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d6+3)[9] on Crit.
    AC: (1d20)[2] v 4 + Physical Evasion, (1d6+3)[8] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d6+3)[5] on Crit.
    AC: (1d20)[6] v 4 + Physical Evasion, (1d6+3)[7] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d6+3)[7] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #799
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Vladmir stuggles against the vines, feeling the air being squeezed from his body, and then gets klunked on the head with two billy-clubs. His eyes unfocus for a moment, but he reaches for a syringe in his pocket to inject himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir:
    HP: 10/90

47:

Damage roll for bind: (1d12)[2]
    Healing for 20 with treat minor wounds unless the bind damage knocks me out.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

Vlad successfully manages to heal himself, bringing himself a bit of relief. Aidan feels the medicine coursing through his veins, invigorating him. Zex's swipes cut deep into the Ranger, who starts bleeding profusely.

The Tauros continues to doze (thanks Vlad). Porygon Z, shoot them. Shoot them all hard! The duck lines up a shot, firing a beam of psychic energy that Aidan ducks out of the way of, as does the Ranger. Zex doesn't even bother, the attack disintegrating against his skin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled a 2 you lucky sonvabitch.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #801
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The Static shock from Buzz's horns arcs up through the Snagger's arm and seems to make his muscles rigid. Seeing an opening, Donny collects that cold energy that saved his life in the cage and condenses it into his fist. With a sharp turn he throws the ice punch at the inside of the Snagger's knee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Buzz: HP: 20/81, Def: 5, SDef: 10, Spd: 12
    Ice Punch: AC 2 (1d20)[8] Freeze on 19+
    Ice, Physical: (3d10+25)[30] If Crit (3d10+12)[31]

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

The combination of electric and ice sends Marken reeling. The Gyarados, acting on instinct charges at Aidan, but get stopped mid attack locked by paralysis.

Spoiler
    Show
    47 is up
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

23. - Top - End - #803
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

42 struggles with as much energy as it can muster against the bonds, before throwing itself at the nearby Ranger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir:
    HP: 28/90

47:
    HP: 60/66

Damage roll for bind: (1d12)[10]

Hitting R3 with slam.
    Hit (AC 2): (1d20)[12]
    Damage: (1d12+14)[21] (normal physical)

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

47's attack winds the Ranger, but if just a bit. All the Tangela's shoot vines through the ruined concrete, which start to glow a dull green.

Jayren
    They said they'd be in Mauville. Now was your best chance to get into field work. Get out from behind a stuffy desk watching and analyzing candid footage. You've been searching all morning and you couldn't find them anywhere. You hit the Game Corner, the Gym, the bike store. Seems you always just missed them.

Your thoughts are interrupted by a tremor coming from the north. Was that Mt. Chimeny? No, couldn't be. No blessed fire rain of death. Something smaller, local. A battle. Your luck, they have gotten themselves into trouble. You start running towards the tremor's source hearing a man's voice yelling in the distance.

It does not take you long to find the battle, an odd sight indeed. It seems none of the combatants have noticed you yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright Jayren and any mon she'd have out gets a surprise round then normal Init continues. Which would be Tarna. Plans, if you give me your Gmail account, I can allow you to edit the battlemap. You can place your self on row 21 or lower, same with your mon.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I use [email protected] for Gdocs.

Seizing the opporunity that surprise affords her, Jayren has Oona dash forward and take a bit out of T4.

Spoiler
    Show
    leech life, ac 2 - (d20)[18]
    physical bug - (d6+16)[19]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

The mysterious new comer and her Nincada take the Rangers by surprise, the Ranger yelping in pain from mandibles digging into his calf. Tarna takes out a small sack bag, and tosses at the ground between the Porygon Z and T3. It explodes into a light blue powder, both the mon and the Tangela falling asleep where they stood/float. The Tangela's grip on Aidan relaxes and he manages to wriggle free.

R4 seeing the new arrival goes to swing his club, but, being a mook, fails to even come close. R2 has more success, as the dice seen to hate Vlad, dealing 12 damage. R3 manages to swat 47 on the head for 3 damage. And T1 returns Zex the favor with a quick blow to the ribs for 5 damage.

Marken spasms, looking at Buzz with fear and hatred boiling in his eyes. You little pest! How dare you touch me! Marken delivers a swift kick to Buzz's tiny ribs for 6 damage. I said surrender! Maybe I'll go easy on you!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan glares at Marken and says, "You Arceus Judged mukker... you keep your own Pokemon in the line of fire of your attacks, you put YOUR MEN in the line of fire of your attacks, and you still think that having a badge makes you more than some worthless thief... that having a Snag Machine means that you can steal other people's Pokemon without consequences..." Aidan whips his disc-blade around angrily, the blade becoming little more than a blur before he hurls it forward at the Snagger. "How about this. You surrender, and... well, no, I'm not going easy on a CIPHER wannabe like you regardless." As he pulls the chain and catches his blade again, he says, "Zex, Faint Attack..." The Sneasel seems to blur briefly before slashing at the ranger near him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aidan moves to O9 and attacks Marken. Zex attacks R1 with Faint Attack.

Aidan: Arms Attack v Sn - AC: (1d20)[17] v 6 + Physical Evasion, (1d10+9)[14] Normal Physical Damage plus (1d10+4)[8] on Crit.

Zex's Trap Damage - (1d12)[11]

Zex: Faint Attack v R1 - AC: (1d20)[15](Cannot miss, Crit on 18-20), (2d10+27)[46] Dark Physical Damage plus (2d10+8)[18] on Crit.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #808
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Very sorry for this," Vladmir says, attacking the ranger in front of him with his knife.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vladmir:
    HP: 16/90

47:
    HP: 47/66

Damage roll for bind: (1d12)[2]

Attacking R2 (AC 6): (1d20)[19]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[8]

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Jayren has Oona harden up this turn, not wanting to draw too much attention to her just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Zex's attack drops the Ranger, while Aidan's blade cuts into Marken. Vlad's kitchen knife gives the Ranger a small cut, but a noticeable one. The Tauros snaps awake, ramming into the nearest Tangela, who looks particularly winded. Porygon Z! Teach that runt a lesson! The Duck buzzes, releasing an Electrified webbing over Aidan and Buzz for 38 and 16 damage respectively, lowering Buzz's Speed.

Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!