New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

Hi Rein. Did I miss much?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC 34: If it exists, we have role-played it. No exceptions.

ALL the parties. And Mags trying to fill the Mime-less void with animal people dates. And AMEN changing hands. And lots of Cthun demons. And human supremacy group. And some other stuff?
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-10 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    (Emphasis mine.)

And yet you cavort with it as if everything were okay?! Have you no heart?!

EDIT: V@: I was waiting on Horngeek, but I guess I could post something.
    I use past tense as I would a poison, studying it in the hope that I may one day destroy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #784

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    ALL the parties. And Mags trying to fill the Mime-less void with animal people dates.
    Die in a fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    So, I just noticed that the Long answer is slightly shorter than the Short answer.

That's cool I guess.
    The short answer used to say "Trog's. Just start at Trog's."

Whoever changed it should be slain. By mimes. *nodnod*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to have the introduction to the Blood Pits written up within the next half hour for anyone interested in the To-The-Death fights I was talking about over the past couple weeks(albeit somewhat sporadically). Once it is up, people can go ahead and post their PCs waiting in the sidelines with a small OOC note about which ones they'd like to fight, and once that's all settled, I'll randomly select two or more combatants. I don't expect a high posting rate since I won't have one myself.

I understand that it might be unfun for mismatched power levels fighting each other, but if the difference is perceived as too great OOC, just say so and I'll have Bellan or her associates toss in a little something to help even it out.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

I posted in Riverside for the inauguration of the new Eastside government. If you want your MP say something, feel free. More importantly, the Mayor will want to meet some of them individually later, so if you want you can have them visit him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

The Blood Pits have now opened!

Even though it is in its own thread, it is still a part of Riverside, so please keep that in mind.

Also, remember that this is a To-The-Death competition, so please try and play nice. I realize people have problems letting go of PCs (myself included), but it is part of the plot. Also keep in mind that only Male PCs will be eligable for the Grand Prize (Bellan herself and a couple artifacts, but that is kept secret for now ).

As for the rest, anyone who distinguishes himself(or possibly even herself now that I think about it. She still wouldn't be in line for the most powerful couple prizes), is likely to get a reward of something or other. It may be money, weapons, armor, or something even more insidious depending on circumstances.

All in all though, I just want people to have fun, which is the biggest prize of all, right?

9. - Top - End - #789

Would you be willing to have anyone participating even though they didn't express interest earlier? Because I, uh, changed my mind about not being interested in it.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

Players and PCs can enter as much as they want. I ended up deciding that it isn't a set Tournament style anymore, just a series of volunteers fighting to the death, so if a PC wins a couple battles, he can get a reward and leave instead of continually fighting until he or she dies.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    A Home for homeless younglings, especially those with powers.
    I might have a doctor and a psychiatrist lined up for this, if you'll accept 'em

Also, back. Sorry 'bout not being around for the past two/three days. Had to deal with something that somehow led to me moving house. S'all good now, though!

And welcome back, everyone!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-10 at 04:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I've just decided that players shouldn't have to wait for me to begin their fights since I won't be around all the time. I think only two fights should go on at a time max however.

So...pretty much start fighting whenever. Just have the PC enter the ring and begin.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Join the Tournament!

Harnel Mithar, Half-Dragon and husband to Cessie Mithar, councillor of inside, is opening his school for warriors, and invites all who wish to come to take part in a tournament. Prizes await those who succeed, and those who show the greatest potential will have the tuition of the School waived.

Registration happens at the gate. Bring your best.
    So, is this starting up now as well? Or not just yet?

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just waiting for Shadowcaller to make a post in my plots thread, where this tourney will take place. I just want to be able to respond to him when I do this at the same time is all.

EDIT: And there we go.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-10-10 at 05:53 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfbane, quick question - I'm fairly sure from what you've said that only one person can be eligible for the Grand Prize, but are teams considered acceptable in lower fights?

16. - Top - End - #796
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Fear Gorta bite.

Also, Harnel: Will Azurelle be welcome at the Tournament?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

She won't be turned away, and she'll have the chance to compete if she so chooses.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

A team could possibly win a prize, but no they wouldn't be eligible for the Grand Prize, nor would they be viewed as favorably unless they were fighting another team of equal stature.

19. - Top - End - #799

I'm thinking I might throw in an NPC, if anyone needs someone to fight.

Wolfbane, would a rapier that causes any metal it touches to rust away at a supernaturally fast rate be considered fair?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

It'd be considered a bit sneaky and slightly unfavorable, but one thing. Is it literally any metal? Or are magic and "mythic" metals(adamantine) immune or resistant? And just how quick would it be?

I admit, Bellan would be a bit iffy on it. On one hand, its sneaky and underhanded, but on the other its a bit of a nifty trick.

21. - Top - End - #801

It's quick enough to blunt an edge or cause a joint to stick, but enough to, say, cause a suit of fullplate to melt into nothing. Anything more than aluminum foil would take sustained contact to actually destroy, which is hardly feasible in heated combat.

As for magic and materials, any sort of enchantment to reinforce or even just make a weapon or armor better would serve to slow it, yes, but it's effect on 'mythical' materials depends largely on the density of the metal in question. Adamantine, for instance, would be fairly resistant, while mithril, which I can't imagine being very dense, would not.

And I do agree that it probably is a little iffy. I wouldn't even ask if it wasn't for a throw-away character. Maybe you could have Bellan pull something sneaky to ensure his demise or somesuch, if you need a reason for her to allow him to compete at all?
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-10-10 at 09:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, I'll allow it. If it had caused an entire suit to melt instantly, then it'd probably fall more into the Sorcery range of things than Special Equipment. Go right ahead with it.

23. - Top - End - #803

Okey-doke, I'll post for the doomed NPC sometimes tomorrows.

And on another note, *Pokes Alexandrian to Home*

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokey Fuffle to home*
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805

Deadtimefor about half an hour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

26. - Top - End - #806

*Pokes DEB to Inside, or, wherever the Wall is actually located*

27. - Top - End - #807

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    The Blood Pits have now opened!

Even though it is in its own thread, it is still a part of Riverside, so please keep that in mind.

Also, remember that this is a To-The-Death competition, so please try and play nice. I realize people have problems letting go of PCs (myself included), but it is part of the plot. Also keep in mind that only Male PCs will be eligable for the Grand Prize (Bellan herself and a couple artifacts, but that is kept secret for now ).

As for the rest, anyone who distinguishes himself(or possibly even herself now that I think about it. She still wouldn't be in line for the most powerful couple prizes), is likely to get a reward of something or other. It may be money, weapons, armor, or something even more insidious depending on circumstances.

All in all though, I just want people to have fun, which is the biggest prize of all, right?
    Don't know how long you will wait, but I'm won't be able to post for a day or more.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    House In The Woods

The tiefling straightened her glasses and pushed the flare button on the edge of her underground lab.

WHOOSH!

Any ghost hunters could see a large green flare now.
    Shouldn't "House in the Woods" be in Outside rather than Inside? The city has trees scattered throughout, but not any sort of proper forest.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #809

Zefir?
    Both bags are closed, so you cannot see inside them.
    So Mia wouldn't be able to know that the other bag doesn't have presents in it.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #810

Well I was confused as you mentioned in your post, that they aren't for the presents. As I said there I assumed you did it because it is obviouse for Mia. I go Edit ok?
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-10-11 at 05:42 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK