New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Alright, I don't usually ask for a second review, but the concerns I got seemed to suggest the chapter wasn't entirely good as it was. So I've done my best to maybe fix things, and did some more editing than I usually do (though not a complete rewrite). I'd would love to hear if it's helped before I publish it.

II.4 - Dire Fates (updated draft)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know the war thing might still feel like it comes out of nowhere a bit, but I hope maybe I've softened it slightly. There's not much more I can do and I think I'm fairly happy with it myself, but I'd like to hear if it's helped for others as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent work. This did a lot to fix the problems I had with it. Eden's line in the beginning about the strife beneath the surface in particular. I also liked the epitaphs.
    I was also assaulted with feels again, despite having read it before, so points for that, too.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, making sure I have the idea of this image right:

Spoiler
    Show

Dash is covering her face because she's sick of the kid idolizing her. I guess. Maybe she doesn't want her friends seeing her with the kid. But Fluttershy? Is it supposed to be some meta-meta joke where Fluttershy is appalled that human Scootaloo is eating chicken? Considering: A. Fluttershy wouldn't normally be part of that joke as ponies, and B. they're human, so that idea doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe I'm just reading too much in to it.
    It's really very simple.

Fluttershy loves animals. Depending on context, it may be that she just saw some PETA thing about fried chicken, or it may be that she thought Scoots would be "above" that sort of thing, or it may be that Scootaloo is expecting her to eat the same stuff, or a few other possibilities.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh wow, I just realized that Valcron made that DBZ Fusion comic a page or so back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    It's really very simple.

Fluttershy loves animals. Depending on context, it may be that she just saw some PETA thing about fried chicken, or it may be that she thought Scoots would be "above" that sort of thing, or it may be that Scootaloo is expecting her to eat the same stuff, or a few other possibilities.
    That makes the most sense. The ponies are known to be vegetarians, so naturally Fluttershy would be appalled at seeing any kind of animal being killed and turned into food.

But again, they're human, so it doesn't translate well.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ok, making sure I have the idea of this image right:

Spoiler
    Show

Dash is covering her face because she's sick of the kid idolizing her. I guess. Maybe she doesn't want her friends seeing her with the kid. But Fluttershy? Is it supposed to be some meta-meta joke where Fluttershy is appalled that human Scootaloo is eating chicken? Considering: A. Fluttershy wouldn't normally be part of that joke as ponies, and B. they're human, so that idea doesn't really matter anyway. Maybe I'm just reading too much in to it.
    I'd say that Dash could go either way. However, as a profound lover of nature, it's kinda obvious that Fluttershy wouldn't approve of eating animals. She's probably a vegan.

That makes the most sense. The ponies are known to be vegetarians, so naturally Fluttershy would be appalled at seeing any kind of animal being killed and turned into food.

But again, they're human, so it doesn't translate well.
    I dunno, I kinda get it immediately. Maybe it's just easier with an outside view.

Oh wow, I just realized that Valcron made that DBZ Fusion comic a page or so back.
    Wait, what?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-12 at 08:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I'd say that Dash could go either way. However, as a profound lover of nature, it's kinda obvious that Fluttershy wouldn't approve of eating animals. She's probably a vegan.
    i would think vegetarian, not vegan. she doesn't seem to think twice about AJ having cows or the various baked goods in the show.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, what?
    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...os-d5eh2kg.png

Valcron (Dreatos is his DA name) is a fellow MMO-Champion brony. I have him watched as well, and I still didn't see this comic until I came here.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

frown Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    i would think vegetarian, not vegan. she doesn't seem to think twice about AJ having cows or the various baked goods in the show.
    Either or, my point still stands. Wait, Applejack eats Cow? But she had cow friends! What the heck?

I don't see the problem with baked goods...

In other news, a random google search (on strict, even) gave me a horrible, tear inducing image... I think I need hugs...

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...os-d5eh2kg.png

Valcron (Dreatos is his DA name) is a fellow MMO-Champion brony. I have him watched as well, and I still didn't see this comic until I came here.
    That... the sheer awesomeness helps make me feel a bit better....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-12 at 08:54 PM.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Either or, my point still stands. Wait, Applejack eats Cow? But she had cow friends! What the heck?

In other news, a random google search (on strict, even) gave me a horrible, tear inducing image... I think I need hugs...

That... the sheer awesomeness helps make me feel a bit better....
    Well this is as good a place as any to supply hugs. *hugs*

And I think that meant Applejack owning cows, not eating cows.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Vegans don't eat or drink animal byproducts, like cheese, milk, honey, etc, and some ways to make bread and other baked goods involve animal byproducts.

Here you go buddy. It's all going to be okay.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-09-12 at 09:01 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

This terrifies me. Honestly.. this is scary.
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 2012-09-12 at 09:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    And I think that meant Applejack owning cows, not eating cows.
    I didn't know Ponyville had slavery... *mustsupressobviousZecorajoke*

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Vegans don't eat or drink animal byproducts, like cheese, milk, honey, etc, and some ways to make bread involve animal byproducts.
    Ah. .... I suppose that would make sense.

Still, even as a vegetarian animal lover, it seems legitimately legit.

Ironically enough, my youtube won't let me into that on the grounds of it being mature... still,

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Well this is as good a place as any to supply hugs. *hugs*
    thanks.

I don't know why... I just don't like ****ed The Hell Up being mixed with Cute. There's time and places for ****ed The Hell Up, and there's time and places for Cute. But they really shouldn't ever meet...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-12 at 09:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/255/6/a/the_end_of_the_world_by_psyxofthoros-d5egki3.png

This terrifies me. Honestly.. this is scary.
    the word "terror" is insufficient. a man chasing you with an axe is terrifying, that would threaten the very fabric of reality...

make things like that normal! we need an entirely new word to describe what that is.

also, what in the nine hells did i just watch?

thanks.

I don't know why... I just don't like ****ed The Hell Up being mixed with Cute. There's time and places for ****ed The Hell Up, and there's time and places for Cute. But they really shouldn't ever meet...
    i disagree, cute is the best thing to screw with, gets the most wonderful reaction
    mre seriously, what did you see?
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-12 at 09:19 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

make things like that normal! we need an entirely new word to describe what that is.

also, what in the nine hells did i just watch?
    I... honestly don't know. It's certainly Japanese, that's for sure.

i disagree, cute is the best thing to screw with, gets the most wonderful reaction
    NO! YOU'RE WRONG, DAMN IT! IT'S NOT.. NO! YOU DON'T DO THAT!

mre seriously, what did you see?
    Just randomly in the middle of my google search.... from Deviant Art.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Cupcake-grade torture picture of Fluttershy....

It's just... I shouldn't feel messed up from just seeing ****... and I've seen worse... I just don't like that kinda thing... it messes with me...
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just randomly in the middle of my google search.... from Deviant Art.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Cupcake-grade torture picture of Fluttershy....

It's just... I shouldn't feel messed up from just seeing ****... and I've seen worse... I just don't like that kinda thing... it messes with me...
    Please share. This is a sharing community.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that the mods would frown on Cupcakes-level gore being posted in the forums.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-12 at 09:35 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

.... please tell me I'm dillusional and you aren't asking me to actually -post- that picture thing that doesn't deserve classification as anything except nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the mods would frown on Cupcakes-level gore being posted in the forums.
    Which is why I'm Neutral and not Chaotic: I enjoy the protection of the Law, and can at least try to respect it in return.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-12 at 09:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

NO! YOU'RE WRONG, DAMN IT! IT'S NOT.. NO! YOU DON'T DO THAT!
    oh, but i do
    Spoiler
    Show
    \

.... please tell me I'm dillusional and you aren't asking me to actually -post- that picture.
    a lot of us are of an inquisitive nature. cant speak for anyone else, but i unfilter everything when on derpibooru just because seeing those little blocker images makes me want to click it and give it more attention >.>
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-09-12 at 09:39 PM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

...I think the following sums up my reaction nicely.
    Spoiler
    Show

If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Ponythread will continue to exist quite happily without outright Gorn being posted, I think.

There's a PM system on the boards if you feel the need.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

a lot of us are of an inquisitive nature. cant speak for anyone else, but i unfilter everything when on derpibooru just because seeing those little blocker images makes me want to click it and give it more attention >.>
    Fair enough. Though, at least I'm a bit more prepared when I see that it's been blocked for a reason, and not some horrible thing out in public when I'm not even remotely mentally ready for it...

oh, but i do
    Spoiler
    Show
    \
    Eh, shock image. Still doesn't make me just feel like crying... the shock doesn't even make me want to stop yet...

Do you guys have any more of that awesome DBZ Pony Comic? I could use some of that.... or some other nice things....

.... and I think I'd still appreciate more hugs....
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-12 at 09:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

something that doesn't illicit laser based doom from you?
    someone call a medic, there has to be something seriously wrong with him!

*Thubby walks in levitating bone saw*
    im on it
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

We have that last one in smaller form y'know.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

You have been warned. (Mane six read Cupcakes, or not.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie Pie reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Twilight reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Applejack reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Rarity reads part of Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy nearly reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow Dash reads Cupcakes (part 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow Dash reads Cupcakes (part 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Firbolg in the Playground

......Ehh, it's nothing worse than what someone can catch on Fimfics featured thingi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Procedes to FALCON PUNCH Thubby*

DON'T SCREW WITH CUTE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED TO!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post

We can bro-fist/hoof to that.

...................__
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(

You have been warned. (Mane six read Cupcakes, or not.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Pinkie Pie reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Twilight reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Applejack reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Rarity reads part of Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy nearly reads Cupcakes
    Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow Dash reads Cupcakes (part 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Rainbow Dash reads Cupcakes (part 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't understand why this is a you have been warned thing. There's nothing not safe for work about any of it, other than the fact that the material that started it exists, and you don't actually figure out what it is from the context of the comics.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-09-12 at 10:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post

Oh, are we physically abusing the eldritch abomination again? Splendid, I have just the device for the job. It's a somewhat...overclocked version of my usual orbital laser cannons.
    Spoiler
    Show

And now to figure out why my creator is curled up in a fetal position whimpering about "horse-headed monsters".

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Did... Boffinspark did you just blow up a planet, or is this some kind of a Sephiroth/Meteor situation?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Firbolg in the Playground

Don't worry Tiki, it was probably nothing importent.

Oh, are we physically abusing the eldritch abomination again? Splendid, I have just the device for the job. It's a somewhat...overclocked version of my usual orbital laser cannons.
    Spoiler
    Show

And now to figure out why my creator is curled up in a fetal position whimpering about "horse-headed monsters".
    The Revenge Of The Ponythread Roleplay: It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    - and that's how I rounded up all the cultists that are left.

Good, good. Now, Charnel is playing in her special fireproof enertainment room with some of Boffensparks ninjas san's brain tissue, and Silent is in a cheese-filled jug that used to be filled with milk a few days ago.

Anyway, did you scavange anything from the main base that was still intact?

It was too infested with those squidponies to go to deep, but I managed to get into the upper brood pits.

....Unholy crap, you mean...

Yep, I got one of those teliporting Rokatrainexis that was in the works. It was doing pretty well, too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Where is it now?

Well, I was thinking on giving it to you for you to sic on Silent, but I just let in fly in the general direction of my Thubbi-wubb-

Huh?

It's in the direction of some acended Pink One cultist. We met him in Canterlot before it blew up.

Oh, the green one with the straightjacket?

Yeah, him. You ran off with Mister Shiny Scales so I decided to try something myself. He's distant, but I think I know him from somewhere.

Huh.

Want to see what our flaming cat dragged in this time?

Sure. Betting it's a cow , the forest is running out of bears.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-12 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Did... Boffinspark did you just blow up a planet, or is this some kind of a Sephiroth/Meteor situation?
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what Boffinspark blew up, and until I figure out what the Tartarus that...thing of his just did, he's not allowed near the airship's control panel.
    OH COME ON!
    The good news is that Equestria seems to still be there, so at least we know he didn't blow that up.

My Homebrew

Show