New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Perhapes, but most people think of big swarmy aliens to be the ones usualy thought to be worth planet-bombing.

Also, a dicovery: you know how ponies basicly have human heads on equine bodies? I found a picture that shows this so well it will probably burrow into the back of your mind. Enjoy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    KILL.

THEM.

WITH.

FIRE.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Perhapes, but most people think of big swarmy aliens to be the ones usualy thought to be worth planet-bombing.

Also, a dicovery: you know how ponies basicly have human heads on equine bodies? I found a picture that shows this so well it will probably burrow into the back of your mind. Enjoy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ....I'd still hug them.

Hey Boffinspark I found a Twilight version of you
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I think we'll know at least a month in advance. So I'd say not before mid-October. That's not really a bet, so hmm. I'm going to take the weekend of November 3-4. They'll finish up Halloween so they don't have to do a Halloween episode, which maybe wouldn't fit with their story arc, and then get started.

Edit: Hey Kpenguin, I don't suppose you could wrangle a custom title for the winner if we got a large enough pool going, could you?
    i'm shallow enough to participate in that.

And I can't use the portraits. They are flash and I am not computering D:

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Edit - Princess Celestia takes her tea Black with no Sugar. Which is pretty hardcore, by princess-drinking-tea standards. She's also a pretty noisy drinker.
    That's because the Princess has proper tastes in tea. Well, not the noise, but seriously ... milk? Sugar?

Spoiler
    Show

I think as a kid I loved tea with lots of milk and sugar, but that was probably because I loved milk with sugar, I don't think the tea really played any role in that. Now I drink my tea without any of that silliness, because if you drink tea you drink tea and not thin heated milk. It actually tastes quite good, just plain black tea (or green, I like green tea too)

I never, ever, EVER drank coffee with anything either, not even when I actually did drink coffee as a teen. To put milk and sugar in coffee seems even more dreadful to me than putting it in tea. It's like something out of a Lovecraft story. But I don't bother with coffee anymore, because frankly it never seemed to have that energizing effect everyone's advertising.

Personally I suspect it's largely placebo effect and a big scam. All I ever got after drinking two or three liters of cold, black coffee was a mild case of indigestion. And IIRC I still fell asleep in the back of class. That was very disappointing, because very few things taste more awful than cold coffee (but it's much faster to drink).

5. - Top - End - #755
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    That's because the Princess has proper tastes in tea. Well, not the noise, but seriously ... milk? Sugar?

Spoiler
    Show

I think as a kid I loved tea with lots of milk and sugar, but that was probably because I loved milk with sugar, I don't think the tea really played any role in that. Now I drink my tea without any of that silliness, because if you drink tea you drink tea and not thin heated milk. It actually tastes quite good, just plain black tea (or green, I like green tea too)

I never, ever, EVER drank coffee with anything either, not even when I actually did drink coffee as a teen. To put milk and sugar in coffee seems even more dreadful to me than putting it in tea. It's like something out of a Lovecraft story. But I don't bother with coffee anymore, because frankly it never seemed to have that energizing effect everyone's advertising.

Personally I suspect it's largely placebo effect and a big scam. All I ever got after drinking two or three liters of cold, black coffee was a mild case of indigestion. And IIRC I still fell asleep in the back of class. That was very disappointing, because very few things taste more awful than cold coffee (but it's much faster to drink).
    Caffeine is a drug you shouldn't really feel without lookin hard for it. The difference between a caffeinated, tired Deadly and a noncaffeinated, tired Deadly is whether you feel like crap and nod off, or you feel like crap and are spacey. There's a certain threshold where caffeine won't work, you're going to collapse, and you need to wok damage control. And that point comes a lot sooner than most people think.

No, the caffeine high most people get is less normal+caffeine=great, but that normal-caffeine=suck. That energy isn't then bein hyped on coffee, so much as them being normal because their bod isn't shuttin down due to craving. Addiction is some scary stuff.

I'm not sure I get referring to chocolate milk with some coffee flavor as Lovecraftian, though. That's just silly. It's actually necromantic; when you first drizzle creamer of any variety into black coffee, the cloudy forms are shaped by te spirits of the dead who linger. A cunning and wise pong can read these omens, and learn from them.

6. - Top - End - #756

I'm going to be daring. Put me down for an airdate of November 10, with an official announcement on November 9.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Caffeine is a drug you shouldn't really feel without lookin hard for it. The difference between a caffeinated, tired Deadly and a noncaffeinated, tired Deadly is whether you feel like crap and nod off, or you feel like crap and are spacey. There's a certain threshold where caffeine won't work, you're going to collapse, and you need to wok damage control. And that point comes a lot sooner than most people think.

No, the caffeine high most people get is less normal+caffeine=great, but that normal-caffeine=suck. That energy isn't then bein hyped on coffee, so much as them being normal because their bod isn't shuttin down due to craving. Addiction is some scary stuff.
    Well, I suppose that one time was because I hadn't slept all night so no amount of coffee (that you could physically ingest) would probably have made much difference. Still, I don't think I've ever felt any better after drinking coffee.

There was a brief time around here when you could buy concentrated caffeine pills, before they became restricted. Those were great, they really made you wake up even after a night without sleep. It was really effective. Probably why they stopped selling them to just anyone. I just don't think you can drink enough coffee to get anything close to that effect. I tried a Red Bull the other day, just for fun, didn't feel any difference at all. Nothing.

Maybe I just never feel the kind of low, crappy that other people feel? That's actually why I think it's mostly your imagination. You shouldn't feel crappy without coffee, you should feel normal without coffee. Unless something's wrong with you, and what's wrong is probably that you imagine you need coffee to feel good or even normal.

The mind is a powerful thing that can make you believe and do the most amazing stuff. Like, I'm also utterly convinced that people only cut themselves while shaving because they subconsciously expect they should do so occasionally. It's the Ouija board effect applied to shaving. I've never once cut myself while shaving. I could do a lightning shave with my eyes closed and not cut myself. I don't think it's physically possible to cut yourself unintentionally with a modern razor (the old knives, sure, but modern razors ... no way, you'd have to actively try to cut, and maybe not even then unless you pull the blades off and use them individually). And yet I still hear of people cutting themselves while shaving, it's like an urban myth, I'm not even sure it actually ever happens.

Some of my friends once assured me I was going to cut my own throat one day the way I shave, but here I am, years later, never once cut even a little.

I'm not sure I get referring to chocolate milk with some coffee flavor as Lovecraftian, though. That's just silly. It's actually necromantic; when you first drizzle creamer of any variety into black coffee, the cloudy forms are shaped by te spirits of the dead who linger. A cunning and wise pong can read these omens, and learn from them.
    Ah, so that's why ... drinking the spirits of the dead. Yes, that's a good description of what milky sugar coffee tastes like.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    No clue without some kind of basic knowledge of their capabilities.
    I'm a little surprised, I admit. I had you figured as a Schlock fan, what with the military space opera. Lots of humour, casual violence and it takes it's science quite seriously. Right up your alley, if I may say so.

Technological highlights? Well, there's -

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Perhaps discussion of comparing space fleets from science fiction franchises could be moved to a new thread? I'd hate the break out the red text, again.
    Um, some other time maybe.

In pony news, we've received a decent chunk of info on what to expect come Season Three, save the premiere date it seems. Any bets on when they'll announce that and when the date proper will be?

Perhaps we can get a pool going. How many bits do you have?
    October 27, the earliest date I think is realistic. Optimism, ho!

*nod nod* Coffee isn't Red Bull. I find it only has a noticeable effects if I need to be sharp with a couple hours too few of sleep, or am having a slow and lazy afternoon. Otherwise I'm too sleepy to notice it or awake enough that it has no effect. I do get jittery if I have more than 3 or 4 in a day, though. I mostly just drink it for the taste. Black, with a little sugar.
    Truth resists simplicity.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Colossus in the Playground

The mind is a powerful thing that can make you believe and do the most amazing stuff. Like, I'm also utterly convinced that people only cut themselves while shaving because they subconsciously expect they should do so occasionally. It's the Ouija board effect applied to shaving. I've never once cut myself while shaving. I could do a lightning shave with my eyes closed and not cut myself. I don't think it's physically possible to cut yourself unintentionally with a modern razor (the old knives, sure, but modern razors ... no way, you'd have to actively try to cut, and maybe not even then unless you pull the blades off and use them individually). And yet I still hear of people cutting themselves while shaving, it's like an urban myth, I'm not even sure it actually ever happens.

Some of my friends once assured me I was going to cut my own throat one day the way I shave, but here I am, years later, never once cut even a little.
    Do you use a good razor? Try shaving with the cheapest possible piece of blue plastic you can buy. You'll be wearing your toilet paper bandages all day.

It's only a year or so ago that I found out if you pay a little extra for a good razor you can not bleed from the face all day.

Other complicating factors are how wet your face is and how long your stubble is, etc. Also some people have more delicate skin than others. I am a pale and delicate waif who'll bleed under too much direct sunlight.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Do you use a good razor? Try shaving with the cheapest possible piece of blue plastic you can buy. You'll be wearing your toilet paper bandages all day.

It's only a year or so ago that I found out if you pay a little extra for a good razor you can not bleed from the face all day.

Other complicating factors are how wet your face is and how long your stubble is, etc. Also some people have more delicate skin than others. I am a pale and delicate waif who'll bleed under too much direct sunlight.
    I use a good razor now, but I've used cheap plastic things plenty of times in the past with no cutting. Maybe some skin is a little more sensitive, but I actually do suspect there's a significant Ouija board effect in play too.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Banned

Well, I suppose that one time was because I hadn't slept all night so no amount of coffee (that you could physically ingest) would probably have made much difference. Still, I don't think I've ever felt any better after drinking coffee.

There was a brief time around here when you could buy concentrated caffeine pills, before they became restricted. Those were great, they really made you wake up even after a night without sleep. It was really effective. Probably why they stopped selling them to just anyone. I just don't think you can drink enough coffee to get anything close to that effect. I tried a Red Bull the other day, just for fun, didn't feel any difference at all. Nothing.

Maybe I just never feel the kind of low, crappy that other people feel? That's actually why I think it's mostly your imagination. You shouldn't feel crappy without coffee, you should feel normal without coffee. Unless something's wrong with you, and what's wrong is probably that you imagine you need coffee to feel good or even normal.

Mm. I see where you're going, but no. Caffeine has definite physiological effects. And you'll notice I specified addiction: having a cup of coffee every day and then stopping won't do too much. Having a high, and steadily increasing intake? Well, last study I looked at (admittedly just for the results) showed anxiety, depression, anger, hypersensitivity, muscle spasms, nervousness and sleeplessness (I think, on this Last one) to all be symptoms of withdrawal.

Dose wise, a cup of coffee ranges from 100-500 milligrams, based on company, brewing and why you consider a cup. It also has filler; water, flavor, oils. A caffeine tablet is more concentrated. It's like a shot versus a beer. Of course the shot is better, even if the beer is equivalent alcohol.

The term you're looking for is psychosomatic, I believe. Also fun is somatopsychic, a thing which een the newagiest of newagiest people scoff at, but that has some minor backing as well. Your posture affects your mind. I don't let people recline or lay down during what's supposed to be a high intensity game session anymore, because the act of reclining puts you in a leisurely mindset.

As for shaving, it's physics. If you move the blade side to side, even by accident, I will cut. That what blades do. So you should probably change your position to "I you don't screw up basic mechanics, you won't cut yourself shaving".

Ah, so that's why ... drinking the spirits of the dead. Yes, that's a good description of what milky sugar coffee tastes like.
    Your sense of humor is strange. You've done just enough to make me wonder of you mean this, of you're being silly, or of you've gone troll after so many arguments. I approve~

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    *nod nod* Coffee isn't Red Bull. I find it only has a noticeable effects if I need to be sharp with a couple hours too few of sleep, or am having a slow and lazy afternoon. Otherwise I'm too sleepy to notice it or awake enough that it has no effect. I do get jittery if I have more than 3 or 4 in a day, though. I mostly just drink it for the taste. Black, with a little sugar.
    red bull is mostly vitamins. Helps you utilize what you've already got, body wise. If you've got a poor diet it won't do anything for you.

Still, I prefer the unmedivated route through life. Coffee has the unfortunate property of tasting good, and not interfering with my life at all - I'm addicted, but I only know this from testing. If I were to continue sinking coffee, mh life would progress much the same as if I'd never drank coffee. But I'm ethically opposed to addiction. It's a maddening thig, really.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps discussion of comparing space fleets from science fiction franchises could be moved to a new thread? I'd hate the break out the red text, again.
    Sorry, I'll make this the last post, and then I'll be quiet (seeing as how I did just type all this out before I saw your post...) Though to be fair, I was starting to think that myself (normally, when we've had these sort of discussions before, it was rather more spread out and interspersed with pony), so I was going to suggest that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Trek and comics, both are less about details and what you should expect to happen. So shields? Shield work, they block overwhelmingly more things then they don't. They can certainly be blown through, but any gaps are essentially meaningless without specific knowledge to subvert them.
    Clarification on my point: I'm not saying Star Trek shields are permable to our (or anyone else's) weapons, I was just saying that the Borg can't Treknobabble frequencies or whatever to make their shields impermable to our weapons (or vice versa) like they did with the Federation. I just mean the shields would work normally and that they'd just not be able to go "we can't be hurtinated at all now ahaha."

Apart from their crippling low FTL speed and lack of point-defence, the Federation tech level is about on a par with the galactic standard (in fact, if they had the latter, they'd probably be be slightly above.)

I don't know. ask all the examples prior how they exploited it.
    In the meantime, AOTRS wins.
    No, no, no, we win because we can out-fly them and they can't amount an effective defence against our primary, highly-advanced, missile weapons, not because we could ignore their shields. (Except via our Gates, which are the equivilent of our transporters, if you recall, and the functionality of them means we can't "beam" stuff across - you physically have to move stuff along the Gate "corridor"). Their shielding technology is on a par with the Cybertanks or the Vivrathk or the Elves; absolutely bog standard shielding technology. (It's just that we regularly cream all the aforementioned, so the Federation would fare no better otherwise.)

All I was trying to say was the Borg couldn't exploit our shields and weapons in the same way that they could treknobabble exploit the Federation's, due to them having that aforementioned weakness.

Huh, is this in terms of their ground forces too? Is a suit of armour and a blaster pistol really all it takes to go toe to toe with an AotRS?
    The thing you have to remember is, tech differences are WAY less noticable in ground combat, in dude-to-dude, than in starship combat. Terrain is a great leveller, after all. You can't shoot through hills, (or trees) generally, and you still have to see to spot where the enemy are to shoot. Another factor is very, very generally, the larger the absolute size of a vehicle, the more the tech disparity becomes obvious, which is why there's less of a difference between our rifles and theirs than in their massed battery fire to our coldbeam arrays at starship scale. (That, as I say, is a very broad generaisation, though, so don't read too much into it.)

Our armour is a bit higher quality than theirs, and our weapons are a bit more powerful and we're generally better equipped (scanners, melee weapons and spells, of course). We're also trained more professionally. But aside from our powered troops and War Droids (and spellcasters like myself) our troops don't have shield technology. (Yet.) On the ground, where our superior weapons ranges matter less (because there are precious few places in the world - or any other - where you will actually be fighting over more than a few hundred yards, even with armour) superior numbers would give us problems. And yeah, energy weapons can hurt us, of course. (But given how some of the galaxy tropps still like to use projectile guns for cheapness...!)

On the other hand, the "cinematic" (sic) tactics they frequently use like running around and standing up while shooting at each other would get them absolutely massecred. But that is a tactical, not equipment, failure.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Mm. I see where you're going, but no. Caffeine has definite physiological effects. And you'll notice I specified addiction: having a cup of coffee every day and then stopping won't do too much. Having a high, and steadily increasing intake? Well, last study I looked at (admittedly just for the results) showed anxiety, depression, anger, hypersensitivity, muscle spasms, nervousness and sleeplessness (I think, on this Last one) to all be symptoms of withdrawal.

Dose wise, a cup of coffee ranges from 100-500 milligrams, based on company, brewing and why you consider a cup. It also has filler; water, flavor, oils. A caffeine tablet is more concentrated. It's like a shot versus a beer. Of course the shot is better, even if the beer is equivalent alcohol.

The term you're looking for is psychosomatic, I believe. Also fun is somatopsychic, a thing which een the newagiest of newagiest people scoff at, but that has some minor backing as well. Your posture affects your mind. I don't let people recline or lay down during what's supposed to be a high intensity game session anymore, because the act of reclining puts you in a leisurely mindset.
    What I'm trying to get at is, of course caffeine has a physiological effect, but I am not convinced that coffee has enough that this effect is as noticeable or significant as people believe. A lot of the effect, I suspect is in your mind, psychosomatic as you say. The actual effect of the coffee alone may be mild at best, but your expectation of it is higher and you believe it. It's just cheering yourself up.

The same with the addiction. I am not entirely convinced that the addiction is not mostly or entirely psychological. You believe you need that coffee, and if you stop drinking it sure enough your mind makes you feel awful, which of course you have no control over so it's not like it's big difference whether you call it physical or psychological. Ultimately the brain is just another organ so "psychological" is just another kind of "physical".

But if you could control your mind and tell yourself "dude, this is just acting," the symptoms might go away and you'd feel fine or at least normal. What I'm thinking is, and I don't have any actual proof I should mention, your body doesn't actually need the coffee to feel fine, and the actual effect of the caffeine is minimal.

As for shaving, it's physics. If you move the blade side to side, even by accident, I will cut. That what blades do. So you should probably change your position to "I you don't screw up basic mechanics, you won't cut yourself shaving".
    Yes, and if you shave normally you shouldn't ever cut yourself, because you wouldn't be moving side to side enough to cut. Unless you have a really unsteady hand. So why do people cut themselves when shaving? Perhaps because they subconsciously move side to side a little once in a while, because society tells them you're expected to cut yourself occasionally when shaving.

I think it would be interesting to do a study of this. It sounds like a slightly crazy theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to it.

Your sense of humor is strange. You've done just enough to make me wonder of you mean this, of you're being silly, or of you've gone troll after so many arguments. I approve~.
    Well, consider that milk might be full of life. It comes from a living creature and is no doubt full of bacteria and stuff ... so why shouldn't it have souls? And then you dump it into boiling hot coffee, and what do you get? Instant genocide in a cup! Millions of tiny souls crying out as they are burned alive. And then you drink their corpses and the haunted waters of their demise.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Spamalot in the Playground

Morning Ponythread!
    Morning is always good with two scoops of Applejack Art:
    Spoiler
    Show

Super huggable AJ:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Is this ... a Pirate Parasprite? Paraspirate?
    Spoiler
    Show

Now I wanna see a fanfic with a Paraspirate and his funky adventures on the high seas.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Spamalot in the Playground

I've always held the opinion that Rarity's talent is finding gems, but deliberately subverts her own special talent in a demonstration that while yes everypony has some special talent/destiny they are not tied to it utterly.
    I agree! Like how Twilight's special talent is magic, but she always takes a scientific approach to everything. Or like this animation I saw of a ponified Cave Johnson who's cutie mark was shower curtains.
    There are things you are good at and things you just want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    And I don't see how even a slightly competent cook could miss live worms in the food at some point.
    Well, Pinkie does have the attention span of a rubber ball in a grain hopper during an earthquake...

Don't, nor ever have, drank tea...
    Don't like it or just feel it'll be the... undeath of you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, and I that the annoying orange was creepy.

In pony news, we've received a decent chunk of info on what to expect come Season Three, save the premiere date it seems. Any bets on when they'll announce that and when the date proper will be?
    I'm thinking... maybe end of this month they'll make a proper announcement and the series starts Mid/late October.

Perhaps we can get a pool going. How many bits do you have?
    Uh... well my version of Windows says its 32 bits. So I have that many.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    KILL.

THEM.

WITH.

FIRE.

Spoiler
    Show
    Admiral, Admiral, be reasonable. This is ponythread, we don’t kill things with fire here.

We kill them with rainbows.

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

How we all wanted It's About Time to end
    Spoiler
    Show
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    <- would die happy
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Admiral, Admiral, be reasonable. This is ponythread, we don’t kill things with fire here.

We kill them with rainbows.
    FALSE. WE END THEM.

WITH.

AIRSHIPS!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-09-16 at 11:47 AM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Morning Ponythread!
    Morning is always good with two scoops of Applejack Art:
    Spoiler
    Show

Super huggable AJ:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one with the brush looks so sad! Don't be sad Applejack!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Also some people have more delicate skin than others. I am a pale and delicate waif who'll bleed under too much direct sunlight.
    +1 to that. I have tried so many things to not bleed while shaving, and even with a good razor and lots of hot water and shaving cream and face washing, I still get small cuts sometimes. I'd say the biggest difference is using enough hot water and taking time to lather and massage the skin a lot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, Applejack made out like a bandit there. She gets a princess style winged mecha-flyer thingy. The others just have guns or melee. Although I suppose arming Pinkie and Dash with melee weapons makes sense since Pinkie with a chainsaw going all 4th wall crazy and appearing anywhere is scary stuff, and Dash is fast enough to put a sword to good use where shooting a gun at her speed would be highly inaccurate.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, Applejack made out like a bandit there. She gets a princess style winged mecha-flyer thingy. The others just have guns or melee. Although I suppose arming Pinkie and Dash with melee weapons makes sense since Pinkie with a chainsaw going all 4th wall crazy and appearing anywhere is scary stuff, and Dash is fast enough to put a sword to good use where shooting a gun at her speed would be highly inaccurate.
    And Fluttershy gets a helmet and a wall to hide behind
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Halfling in the Playground

We're faster, but only over shorter distances. (As a rule of thumb, we find things are hours, days or weeks apart, rather than weeks or months.) The very top end, like the Shardan Marauders or the Blastarons, on the other hand, can cross galactic distances in hours (for comparison, order of magnitude estimate is in the 100-150 million times the speed of light, at maybe 20-30 thousand lightyears per hour.) (And when outside the galaxy and it's constraints and in open intergalactic space, that speed rises dramatically into galaxy-spanning speed and ranges.)
    How short of distances are we talking? Because the really crazy thing about Culture drives seems to be that there's no warp or jump or delay or cooldown or anything. Their FTL engines are their main engines, and are capable of high accelerations and very fast changes of direction of acceleration.

In other words, they'd be engaging in combat maneuvers at around those speeds, or at least a good fraction of them. And with an AI Mind capable of keeping up with it, and not just reacting at those speeds, but capable of making intelligent decisions on those timescales. (And FTL sensors of course)

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

+1 to that. I have tried so many things to not bleed while shaving, and even with a good razor and lots of hot water and shaving cream and face washing, I still get small cuts sometimes. I'd say the biggest difference is using enough hot water and taking time to lather and massage the skin a lot.
    I haven't bought or used shaving foam for a very long time. If I'm feeling gentile, I'll use a bit of basic soap, rather than just hacking away at my face with a mildly damp razor.
    I usually only bleed if I get too carried away hacking at my face and catch myself at a funny angle with the trimming blade on the back.

But then, I do tend to stick to a decent, guarded, multi-bladed razor.

Ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

And Fluttershy gets a helmet and a wall to hide behind
    Hey helmets are very important!

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What is Luna wearing in that picture???
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    What is Luna wearing in that picture???
    Looks like some kind of armor with... a Buddhist monk robe?

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, they look so happy. It must be nice to be guarding somewhere they get to see butterflies randomly.

Looks like some kind of armor with... a Buddhist monk robe?
    Luna's setup looks somewhat old-fashioned compared to Celestia's minigun. Since Luna also has that double-bladed staff, it looks like her setup is designed for protecting her while she gets up close and personal, although the magic glow around her other hoof clearly demonstrates that she's got other options, if she needs them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

I now have this image of Pinkie Pie, mid way through an episode in which she hasn't appeared yet, cutting through the 4th wall with a chainsaw and yelling "Heeeeeeere's PINKIE!".

And then she leaves, with no explanation given.

Ponies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those are the most adorable guards ever! :D

Here is another pony:
    Spoiler
    Show

And a comic:
    Spoiler
    Show

And this...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.