New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    So I just read fifty percent of Fallout Equestria in a single sitting.

There's no good way to finish that sentence.

I should really have done this sooner.
    I take it you're enjoying it?

Following Fallout Equestria was pretty much my thing for a while. It was definitely a fun ride.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

So, I just got my comic batch from Forbidden Planet. I've got to change my subscription over, as they're changing the way it's done (this is not a problem, since trying to find out which bit I needed to get to add a comic to my standing order was somewhat trying last time.) Anyhoo, did that, picked up my comic bag, and flicked over. Where there as a promo for IDW's MLP comic.

My eyeglow just happened to catch in the corner, the phrase "cover by Andrew Wildman."

It may mean little to nothing to you, but for me: HUGE. Andrew Wildman was one of the artists of the original Marvel Transformers series, the one I grew up on, which I consider the definitive continuity, the guy, who, along with Simon Furman (the Man What Writes 90% of All Transformers Comics Ever Made), is doing the artwork for Regeneration One, the conclusion to the Marvel TF story line that I have been waiting for for TWENTY YEARS.

And he's doing pony stuff.

I don't think I can articulate how big this is for me.

MLP comic? Totally going on my subscription. ('Especially since several X-titles are going to be coming off fairly shortly...)

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Now this is interesting, it appears we could getting our hands on some sort of official handbook in April 2013.
    If the handbook is just taking information purely from what we have seen in the show, 144 pages seems a tad long. Of course, I guess it could also have behind-the-scenes information on the show's production.
    Here's the B&N page for anypony who wants to preorder.

You can find it on Amazon.com as well, but you don't get the online discount.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    MLP comic? Totally going on my subscription. ('Especially since several X-titles are going to be coming off fairly shortly...)
    Lives in Derby, recently dropped X comic subscriptions in favour of MLP.
    (writes down notes)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Y'know what time it is?

DISCUSSION TIME!

In the spirit of digging up an old idea I haven't had time or motivation to work on, describe in detail the Mindscape (aka Mental Plane, Psychoplain) ala Psychonauts of each of the Mane 6. What does the inside of their mind look like? How is it organized? What do their virtues look like? Their personal demons? Etc.
    Fluttershy's is a meadow with some low hanging clouds. A rainbow shield forms a wall between a dark scary forest and a crowded busy city. Lots of critters of all types move freely through her mindscape even getting weird things like floating into the sky.

Twilight is giant sun filled library. Pictures of her friends/brother hang on the walls. Certain books are covered with a cutie mark, most of them Celestia's. Inside those books are a lesson the owner of that cutie mark taught her. Her paranoia is represented by a malignant rot that twists everything it touches to a cruel version.

Pinkie Pie is Ponyville down to near perfect detail. Everypony's secrets are free to see and everypony is smiling. Random ponies break out into songs or start up a party.

Rainbow Dash is a blue sky all around with the occasional cloud. All of her friends can be found flying around. Yes they all have wings as well as their whatever else they normally have. Tank tends to stay near Fluttershy. Sound effects accompny stunts and quick movements. Her demons are represented by uncontrollable falling into darkness.

Rarity is a fancy party. Everypony is wearing a dress or a suit that Rarity made. Rarity has the seat of honor alongside her friends and family. A idealized stallion is present and smiling. Everypony is talking about Rarity and listening to what she has to say. Her demons are represented by painful gossip about her and insults to her outfits.

Applejack basically has Sweet Apple Acres. It is constantly expanding and under construction. Her family can be found working hard. A white simple fence surrounds Sweet Apple Acres. A giant mob of problems are barely held at bay by her friends. These problems are things like rot, parasites, woodland critters, thieves, and competitors. The problems are held back by throwing money at them.

There are people who don't do this? I chose my laptop's model specifically because it was too simple to run anything more complex than Microsoft Word.

Incidentally, I've started my marathon of Fallout Equestria. I'm prepared to concede that it's hype is deserved. It's good reading.
    Ponythread is both an inspiration and huge distraction for me.

Also yay! So glad you're liking it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I dunno.. considering how crazy fun she is, I feel like Blue makes for a better Pinkie Pie than Rarity. A stepford smiler silly cute sly girl who helps keep everyone on their toes... which one am I refering to?

And then there's the prissy primadona that goes about everything with a flair of stye and perfect, graceful precision... again, who am I talking about?

Wednesday, if I can avoid needing to do anything else, I'm gonna go all out and watch both seasons, once and for all, and see how much I can take in one sitting.

Like this?

Spoiler
    Show

See, that's the thing. I dream about both of these worlds, and several others, almost all the time. The Clinically Depressed and Anxiety prone part of me tries to make me forget them and ignore it because they're cliche as -****-. But the elements of the scenes and the various settings are consistent enough that I'm starting to see some of the stories... and I can't quite shake them... I'm not sure what to do...

Element of Denial, Element of Quotes, Element of Airships, you guys are handing these things out more than Keyblades!
    True true. Alright you've convinced me that Ruby makes for a better Rarity then Blue.

That's a lot of pony! I can never manage to watch a marathon. I can only handle so much television before I need to actually do something.

Well played.

Go for it. Some very good stories can be very cliched but are still good. How about to start you tell us what the stories would be about? I find just writing the concept down makes for a good starting point.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Firbolg in the Playground

Incidentally, I've started my marathon of Fallout Equestria. I'm prepared to concede that it's hype is deserved. It's good reading.

So... you like it, then?

Once you've finished reading that, give Background Pony a shot. While Fo:E reigns supreme in the grimdark field, both for its style, artistic qualities, and genuine sense of hope for the future, Background pony sits in a class all its own. I would actually classify it as high art, as opposed to mere fanfiction. It's moved me to tears more than once.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Lives in Derby, recently dropped X comic subscriptions in favour of MLP.
    (writes down notes)
    I... should probably be more worried about this than I appear to be...

I think maybe the full magnitude of the horror hasn't set in yet.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

There are people who don't do this? I chose my laptop's model specifically because it was too simple to run anything more complex than Microsoft Word.
    I don't really turn off the Internet. My work habits tend to be read 20-30 minutes, 5 minute break, repeat. I just keep giantitp open on my computer most of the day. Only rarely, when I really need to get something done, do I turn off all electronics.

A stirring recommendation. I was just starting Fate Stay Night, too...

So, I just got my comic batch from Forbidden Planet. I've got to change my subscription over, as they're changing the way it's done (this is not a problem, since trying to find out which bit I needed to get to add a comic to my standing order was somewhat trying last time.) Anyhoo, did that, picked up my comic bag, and flicked over. Where there as a promo for IDW's MLP comic.

My eyeglow just happened to catch in the corner, the phrase "cover by Andrew Wildman."

It may mean little to nothing to you, but for me: HUGE. Andrew Wildman was one of the artists of the original Marvel Transformers series, the one I grew up on, which I consider the definitive continuity, the guy, who, along with Simon Furman (the Man What Writes 90% of All Transformers Comics Ever Made), is doing the artwork for Regeneration One, the conclusion to the Marvel TF story line that I have been waiting for for TWENTY YEARS.

Also a stirring recommendation. I'm going to buy that.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

9. - Top - End - #1119

.... Maple, as in the Syrup. + Bacon, like the meat?

Witchcraft!

Teach me!
    I have no idea where it came from, my dad just gave me one. First of all, I'm pretty sure "maple bacon" is a specfically prepared type of bacon, kind of like "applewood bacon". As far as I could tell it's flavor itself is the maple taste, but then here is the crazy thing, there are bits of real, slightly smokey, bacon. I thought it would be kinda bad at first, I was wrong.

Yeah, kkat really did earn her hype, I would agree. I've got a pretty good sized list of some of the other good stories if you want more after you're done.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

I... should probably be more worried about this than I appear to be...

I think maybe the full magnitude of the horror hasn't set in yet.
    The fact that, if inclined to, I probably COULD now track you down?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that, if inclined to, I probably COULD now track you down?
    Well, to be fair, it's not like I don't advertise when and where I go to wargames conventions, so there has always been that secuity breech...!

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

Well, to be fair, it's not like I don't advertise when and where I go to wargames conventions, so there has always been that secuity breech...!
    *breach
    But true. You're not as scared of me as you claim.
    Perhaps you WANT me to track you down.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Lix tracking down Aotrs has my approval.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

*breach
    Ooh Lich/Lix drama. What should we call the combination? Lixchie? Lichie? Lixlich?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i think it is safe to say the rest of ponythread would LOVE to see video of that happen
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-09-20 at 12:56 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #1126

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Ooh Lich/Lix drama. What should we call the combination? Lixchie? Lichie? Lixlich?
    I've always been a firm believer in calling the pairing "Lich Lorn".

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Innovations and new ideas can get into that kind of mind, but they have to be tenacious and tough.
    Basically a rock-solid idea? Like tom?

Just the fact that I was given pause is enough. I've never actually been in a flash mob... I want to be in one.
    I was in a small one once... back before the term even existed.
    Evening at University campus when my group passed by another group of people in front of the Administration building... come to think of it, first time I heard of a Star Wars dance number as well.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    This has my full approval.

Also, several threads back after someone linked a "Secret Fetish" calculator, I ran Bleakbane's name through and tried to post the results, only to be malleted by Igor. Now, for the amusement of ponythread, I present Bleakbane's secret:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, I'm going to post it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And here it is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129

Lich Lo-

May a large obstruction be put in your way!
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

I approve of this naming system.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Lich Lo-

If only it weren't for those meddling kids!
    Spoiler
    Show
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got around to publishing the finished chapter 5 of II. That bit of depression yesterday kinda threw me off a little, but now I'm back on the pony.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

Right, first things first (but not necessarily in that order): Deadly, I read chapter 5. I know I'm late, and that some of these things have probably been fixed, but I noticed some errors. EDIT: Dangit! Ya Pinkie'd me!
    Spoiler
    Show
    She was starting to get a little impatient and wondering if anything was going to happen when her eyes suddenly fixed, as if of their own, and the whole surface changed in an instant.
    For the first, I'd recommend:

She was starting to get a little impatient and was wondering

Or

She was starting to get a little impatient and wondered

For the second:

if anything was going to happen, when her eyes suddenly fixed, as if of their own, and the whole surface changed in an instant.

That needs to be "on their own." Also, I added a comma after happen, since that's where the natural pause would be.

“Maybe that's a clue, did any of you recognize the eyes?”
    Since there's only two others there, I'd change that to "did either of you recognize the eyes?”

“Oh, well … maybe we can … maybe if we find the place where you was attacked,”
    were attacked

Directions I can give to where of hungry roots you must beware.”
    I feel like there should be a comma after the "where" because that's where Zecora would pause for the rhyme. Yet, I'm not certain if that would be grammatically correct, since it breaks up the sentence. Might want to get someone who knows this stuff to look at it. ^^:

and she subconsciously reached too rub her neck.
    to

Element of Denial, Element of Quotes, Element of Airships, you guys are handing these things out more than Keyblades!
    We're handing out keyblades now? I want one! :D

Ah, sorry about that. I'll try to find another one that doesn't have it. You still understand my point, though, right?
    I understood, yeah.

Fair enough.
    On a related note, if you have any advice for tackling the Battle Subway... ¬_¬

Fair enough. I still think it's hilarious that you can outclass Milotic with this in terms of beauty in game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's beautiful on the inside. Seriously, some of those gases are a beautiful colour.

Indeed he is. However, he's a member of a Legendary Trio, held in the same vein as, for example, the Birds (Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos), and it's not usually as taboo for such a creature to be used.
    Ah, really? I did not realise that. Hmm... I do still have those shiny johto dogs they gave out as a movie tie-in a while back.

What about mew, jirachi, shaymin etc.? Are they still considered too strong for regular play?

I can't see this pick from the playground, but I did search for it. (Wow that site you got it from is so NSFW.) Cool, but only because of Gary Mother Freaking Oak. Bananaheaded Chicken is still hating being left behind. And for lacking the ORA! And for being a freaking Pidgeon instead of a Badass Bird of Prey.
    Lol, okay fair enough. Didn't realise that site was NSFW, I found the picture on Google.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, that's good. Shame it's such a small pic :/
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-09-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Finally got around to publishing the finished chapter 5 of II. That bit of depression yesterday kinda threw me off a little, but now I'm back on the pony.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dash and Zecora both shook their heads. Twilight deflated a little. “Oh, well … maybe we can … maybe if we find the place where you was attacked,”

were

That's the only mistake I noticed. Interesting development in the story this chapter.
    Last edited by Strife Warzeal; 2012-09-20 at 03:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Right, first things first (but not necessarily in that order): Deadly, I read chapter 5. I know I'm late, and that some of these things have probably been fixed, but I noticed some errors. EDIT: Dangit! Ya Pinkie'd me!
    Spoiler
    Show

For the first, I'd recommend:

She was starting to get a little impatient and was wondering

Or

She was starting to get a little impatient and wondered

For the second:

if anything was going to happen, when her eyes suddenly fixed, as if of their own, and the whole surface changed in an instant.

That needs to be "on their own." Also, I added a comma after happen, since that's where the natural pause would be.

Since there's only two others there, I'd change that to "did either of you recognize the eyes?”

were attacked

I feel like there should be a comma after the "where" because that's where Zecora would pause for the rhyme. Yet, I'm not certain if that would be grammatically correct, since it breaks up the sentence. Might want to get someone who knows this stuff to look at it. ^^:

to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dash and Zecora both shook their heads. Twilight deflated a little. “Oh, well … maybe we can … maybe if we find the place where you was attacked,”

were

That's the only mistake I noticed. Interesting development in the story this chapter.
    Ah, thanks. I'll fix those swiftly before a prereader sees and complains
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-09-20 at 03:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

I thought the official name was Lichie, but it's not up to me. xD

This works too. xD

BEST false curse.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i think it is safe to say the rest of ponythread would LOVE to see video of that happen
    Your will be done.

26. - Top - End - #1136

Wait, you haven't read it yet?

Enjoy Canterlot.

Indeed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scoobie would have been a better Ddog.
    Naw, it's "May a Llama spit in your eye and not split your change!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

So, we're 30 days away from a season 3 announcement: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ouncement.html

In other words, not a damn thing has changed, unless the announcement is the day before the premier.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    well, since the new DVD released Dec 4th contains season three episodes, we can expect season three to start before that. Plus maybe give some room for ITune release. I estimate season three to start in OCT. I bet on 20th OCT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, we're 30 days away from a season 3 announcement: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ouncement.html

In other words, not a damn thing has changed, unless the announcement is the day before the premier.
    I sort of guessed something?... Still we know episode should come out before Dec 4th, and still I think November would be too late and therefore cut into itune and netflix profits. I bet the announcement happens 1 week before premere. so S3 starts on 27th.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i bet on 2 weeks from the announcement...Nov 3
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Banned

Right.

Time to settle this, Carnage Team style!

Hurricane! Wingfight! Teratorn! Incinerate! Go!

Staaaar!

Pidgeeeot!

Aaaaarch!

Chaaaaaar!

Sic 'im! Group fly attack!
    Pffff. I'm not worrie about birds, I'm a prince of AAAAAGHCHAAARIZAAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    No, I'm not. Why?
    Because getting you the hardware to play FFT:WotL is hinging on your network being able to work with my system. Otherwise the easy method won't work, and I can't just ship you a device.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Hot Topic is that weird? I was there just 3 days ago buying a pony shirt for one of my sisters (The other sister I bought a pokemon shirt). I dunno, Hot Topic looked pretty neat to me. Maybe I'm just used to that kind of weirdness.
    But cool that your sis got you some more pony shirts. Which designs were they?
    Hot Topic is known for the low quality of it's wares. It's jewelry is cheap and breaks easy, it's novelty goods barely survive being on a shelf, it's clothing more complex than a t-shirt bursts at the seams and loses buttons and buckles after a few days. even the shirts are a gamble on fabric and print quality.

When you have a store that caters to Alternative Social Scenes, and most of those Alternative people avoid the store, it creates eddies of hype and reputation.

Distractions like the Internet are the bane of writing, try to shut them out. Personally I'm starting to think I need to have a few hours every day where I simply cut the power and turn off the cellphone to sit down and just write. Or even take a week off from the Internet now and then, that's something I've also thought of. A vacation from the Internet. It may sound drastic, but lately I think that's the kind of thing you need sometimes in this modern world.
    Aye. I've been considering it myself - the Internet is becoming a thing I do because it's there, not because I want to.

I must admit I find it hard to do something like that. Often I do sit down for hours to focus on a single task, and don't need to turn everything off to do so, but sometimes my mind keeps reminding me of all the things that might be going on, and that in itself is distracting. This especially happens when I'm engaged in some big discussion, or something important is going down in one of the games I'm in, or I just posted a piece of art, and I can't quite stop worrying that I might miss something or end up with a HUGE massive number of posts to respond to because things went crazy while I was gone.
    Yeah, I've got this weird internal timer. Sometimes I'm messing around on the Iternet because I know doing the dishes now will take me two hours, and doing them in an hour will only take me fifteen minutes. Or that I'm trying to do something and I keep flashing over to a game rules quandary, or to a story left at a crux, or something. It's just better to accept it and get that distraction over with.

Posts, though, unless I'm arguing with someone or we hit another 'everypony pulls out the philosophy degree and goes to war' moment, it takes about a week before ponythread gets far enough along that catching up is a pain. But I'm weird like that.

Key blades aren't handed out, key chains are.
    Besides, a good few of us earne those. Not me, I'm shameless and took the first opening I could, but some of us!

I've got mixed feelings about the ideas in my head. It's made of a lot of the different kinds of things I enjoy, but at the same time, I'm ashamed of even remotely thinking of putting them down in written form because they're so bloody cliche, and I feel like I should feel bad if I can't be origonal. Which is a bit of a paradox, since the one thing I've learned most from my lit teachers is that no one's origonal anymore. Everything gets spawned from what we know, what we hear, and what we like.
    "There are no bad ideas, only bad execution." -DarthBobcat, friend, teacher, ponythreader, anime reviewer, fanfic writer and all around cool dude

Original has a lot of meanings. You will notice however that nowhere in te definition o original, any of the definitions, is original given slant as good.
    Would you rather do something good, or something original?

NO! I AM ADHD!
    You are a disorder? That's quite novel for an OC.
    My usual rant on identifying yourself via disorders will be belayed however, as its not appropriate to the levity with which you meant this.

How is it for someone who doesn't have any but the most vestigial knowledge of the setting?

Sweet. That's a recommendation if ever I've heard one.

*breach
    Normally I wouldn't bother with corrections except isn't breech a word? A form of pants? Dictionary says "the part of a cannon behind the bore", however, so while I was wrong I can totally see how Bleakbane arrived at that partic'lar spelling. It is relevant to his interests.

Of course now I'm trying to wokbreech into a saucy allusion as its near the cannon, which is part of the rear leg of an equine...

Lich Lo-

Sorry dude. You're like, twenty or thirty threads too late for that indignation~