New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I'll beat you both apart. I'll take you both together! Flutterdash, Twinkie, and RariPants forever!
    Only true pairing there is is Soarindash!
    Whatever beating you try to give out shall be returned via shieldsmacking
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    1. Ouch. Sometimes, restarting works, but check that it's not just a internet browser thing.
    It's been going on for some days, and it's not just the browser.

2. Wait, I actualy get one? Weeeee! Welp, in a way to make me feel more importent make the ongoing roleplay more relivent in a monument to my own OC I wish to request Boffenspark and Silent in a magical dual. Because it's about time that someone who can draw makes me feel more importent immortalise those two in picture form.

Yeash, requesting my own OC for a pony request. I feel selfish. And oddly motavated.
    I did promise, so yes :) Got any references for those two, so I know what they look like? I am not terribly familiar with ponythread OCs, so anything I should know about them?

It may not be immediately, especially with my computer being this sluggish, but I'll try to get to it.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

I'll beat you both apart. I'll take you both together! Flutterdash, Twinkie, and RariPants forever!
    OK, Twinkie just makes me go , but since I don't ship Pies or Twies, I don't really care. So..

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    And my hat!
    Truth resists simplicity.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    It's been going on for some days, and it's not just the browser.

I did promise, so yes :) Got any references for those two, so I know what they look like? I am not terribly familiar with ponythread OCs, so anything I should know about them?

It may not be immediately, especially with my computer being this sluggish, but I'll try to get to it.
    Well, Silent has always been the pony that been in use for my avatar.

On the other hand, here is his supposed "good" archnemisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Silent has always been the pony that been in use for my avatar.

I'll see what I can do

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Ponythread's villains are more benign then its supposed heroes aren't they.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, hey guys! New Rainbow Dash Presents is out! Wherein they ruin the fanfiction of the series' creator forever and call it canon.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post

This needs a followup revealing that shipping is actually a part of Equestrian culture.
    already done
    http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1602...g-and-Handling
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #99

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You, uh, mean Rarity and Fancy Pants, rather than Smarty Pants, right?

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Yay.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    You, uh, mean Rarity and Fancy Pants, rather than Smarty Pants, right?
    Everyone knows cargo ships are the best ships, just ask the Lyra plushie.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Today continues to be a day for awesome fan-made pony stuff.

First, there's a Twilight snowboarding flash game that's pretty well made. I've done 643 meters on it.

Second, Turnabout Storm part 3 Twilight came out today and it remains super high quality and amazing.

Pony is simply providing too many tempting procrastination means today.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    1) ignoring the wishes of the deceased just because you're hungry? Why makes you so special? that's like stealing from mom's purse because you know he doesn't want you to, but she's at work and you want that new video game now.
    2) permanent, irreversible nerve and brain damage you can only et from eating your own species, or eating a cow that has eaten other cows who have eaten other cows.

Any elaboration on 1 will edge into religion though, so I have to rely on Prion Disease scare tactics.
    Because I'm alive and they aren't? My survival is more important then what they wanted. That simile also compleatly fails as she's alive and it's about a non necessary item.

That's not a guarantee so the risk is worth it if it means surviving to die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    how can Celestia be soooo wrong?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know I think she has a point.

Is it bad that I read that as RarityXSmarty Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Only true pairing there is is Soarindash!
    Whatever beating you try to give out shall be returned via shieldsmacking
    If Rainbow Dash isn't gay/bi then this would be a good ship. Otherwise not really.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Second, Turnabout Storm part 3 Twilight came out today and it remains super high quality and amazing.

Anyone else watching this right now?
    Last edited by asdflove; 2012-09-08 at 09:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I'll see what I can do
    IT BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well, it depends on who you lump into the "hero" catagory. Realy, now, it's realy mostly villains who are attempting to fight each other for there own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Anyone else watching this right now?
    I am.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Ponythread's list of heroes includes a ponified sciencey adventurer who I've never heard of, but whom dexam has a nifty avatar of and a compulsive liar in a magical mexican wrestling mask.

At last count, that's pretty much it.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    From other thread:

Quick, Thanqol/SiuiS/Deadly/anypony with art skills, we need a picture of Genghis Khan riding Rainbow Dash while doing a sonic rainboom, STAT!
    On it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Princess Cadence may have been down on her luck at the time, but she was still Princess Celestia's niece. There's a limit to how far she could fall down the Canterlot pecking order.
    Princess Cadence is not Pricess Celestia's niece. That is fan supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    I feel like it's Draw Like A Third Grader Day and I'm participating, but I can't really make myself pay more attention to this at the moment. Rather quickly made, and very quickly colored sketch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I should point out that I cannot be considered even remotely "good" at drawing humans, and have only a cursory familiarity with how Genghis Khan actually looks.

Link for larger size
    That is exactly, EXACTLY. What I had in mind except for three details.
    Ghengis was holding a falchions in mine;
    Looked less flustered;
    And slightly more resembled the villain from Mulan.

I don't know if I can match this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That's a bad analogy because mothers come back from work more often than not. If no one owned the wallet, not just no one that I knew, but no one at all had a claim on it that superseded mine, I wouldn't have any moral problems against taking it.
    It is a bad analogy. I even comeback to apologize for it because I thought it might upset Deadly. Instead he smacked me in the face with my own oversight. It wa poetic.

Research on kuru indicates that it's caused mostly by eating the brain of the deceased. There's a risk no matter what, but, detached from emotion, it makes a lot more sense to risk contracting a possibly fatal disease and dying months or years later in a comfortable hospital bed than to die right then and there in the cold wreckage.
    You may wish to live as an immoral shell of a man who placated his conscience with tales of necessity, until the rationalization scars over the wound in your soul. I do not.

I see people who develop reputations of self control by being constantly about to fly of the handle but never doing so. And I laugh! That's not control. That's not will power. These people always buckle under stress, when willpower is needed most. I am willing to die for my moral convictions. I almost have on several occasions. Seeing people qualify moral stances with "so long as its comfortable and convenient" is silly.

To win this you have to back up another level. It's not about whether you are okay with an immoral act, it's about whether it's even immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Best drawfriend ever. Thanqol, you even got some fan art for yours truly.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...ejack.html?m=1

Sorry for poor formatting. I have no idea how siuis manages on his phone.
    iUnicorn. Or dogged persistence. Your choice~

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    My survival is more important then what they wanted.
    What makes you so important?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Ponythread's list of heroes includes a ponified sciencey adventurer who I've never heard of, but whom dexam has a nifty avatar of and a compulsive liar in a magical mexican wrestling mask.

The Ponithid was our hero. RIP
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #109
    Banned

And Ponyard Kipling; the pony who almost kept ponythread in line, twice, when he wasnt even there. That's a chuck Norris style feat, right there.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

To win this you have to back up another level. It's not about whether you are okay with an immoral act, it's about whether it's even immoral.
    The simple fact of the matter is, when it comes down to it it doesn't matter if it's an immoral act. Situations like that strip away the pretentious layers of meaning that life accumulates and reduce it to truths.

Eat or Die.

That's all there is to it. No right, no wrong, no taboo, no last wishes, no what they would have wanted and no clever ways out. Just a question of siimple animal survival.

What difference does it make if it's an immoral act?

Hero List;
    Ponithid doesn't count. High wisdom bystander or tragically naive moral crusader, perhaps. Nothing more.
    Ponyard Kipling also doesn't count, (and neither does Chuck "Deadmeme" Norris) being an absent scapegoat is not an act of heroism.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

What makes you so important?
    Because the universe revolves around me. Duh.

More seriously:

I'm saying I'm more important then a corpse. Which I believe is a fair statement as a corpse pretty much is a useless piece of meat. My dogs are more important then a corpse and yes if it came down to it I would feed my dogs human flesh if it meant their survival.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it depends on who you lump into the "hero" catagory. Realy, now, it's realy mostly villains who are attempting to fight each other for there own interests.
    True a more relevant categories would probably be "uppity with delusions of grandeur" and "have grandeur but are secure enough to not be uppity"

I'd technically be a hero I guess, but I'm a punch clock one and the TSAB has judged ponythread harmless so I come here to relax. Consequently everypony here lacks even seeing me 'set up' or anything. Not like most of ponythread even understands that reference.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

What about Bleakbane?

The simple fact of the matter is, when it comes down to it it doesn't matter if it's an immoral act. Situations like that strip away the pretentious layers of meaning that life accumulates and reduce it to truths.

Eat or Die.

That's all there is to it. No right, no wrong, no taboo, no last wishes, no what they would have wanted and no clever ways out. Just a question of siimple animal survival.

What difference does it make if it's an immoral act?
    If you believe in Ultimate Judgement, then morality makes a great deal of difference. I'm not familiar enough with other morality frameworks to answer for them, but if (for instance) you believe Ammit will eat your heart if you're bad... well, you might decide it's better to starve now and have a good afterlife.

Edit: To clarify, by "other morality frameworks" I mean "reasons people are moral that have nothing to do with higher powers". I know they exist, but I'm not very familiar with them.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-09-08 at 10:48 PM.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane? Unrepentant Monster with delusions of being a Villain Protagonist. Doesn't even claim to be a Hero or anything of the sort.

Perhaps worth remembering, given the last person to confuse those two things died from it.
    Ultimate Judgement is not something we can discuss.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-09-08 at 10:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponythread's list of Heroes?

Igneous is rather sad you guys didn't remember him, I mean the guy's a Royal Guard! I think you broke his heart by forgett---

"WOOOO POPCORN!"

Oh wait, he's fine.

26. - Top - End - #116

True a more relevant categories would probably be "uppity with delusions of grandeur" and "have grandeur but are secure enough to not be uppity"
    Or, "incompent with power fluxations" or "compent but less likely to act". Lets face it, if Ponythread ever ends up having a massive free-for-all battle royal, it would be Balkinspark to end up lighting the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    What about Bleakbane?
    He's the final boss. Think about it. He keeps the threat of our deaths near us, and one day he might just follow up on his claims. Also, he killed the Ponythid.

One day, everyone here is going to try and take on the Commander and his fleet. And then we can reset the threadverse comicbook style.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-08 at 11:00 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

You may wish to live as an immoral shell of a man who placated his conscience with tales of necessity, until the rationalization scars over the wound in your soul. I do not.

I see people who develop reputations of self control by being constantly about to fly of the handle but never doing so. And I laugh! That's not control. That's not will power. These people always buckle under stress, when willpower is needed most. I am willing to die for my moral convictions. I almost have on several occasions. Seeing people qualify moral stances with "so long as its comfortable and convenient" is silly.

No one has a claim on the body except the family of the deceased, and in this convoluted scenario I am claiming my right to live supersedes their right to an open casket funeral. The wishes of the dead should only be obliged because the family wants them to be.

ETA: Wait.
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, that's better.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-09-08 at 11:21 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Gonna throw my thoughts into the ring, but let's not go too deep down the rabbit hole this time, k?

Anyway, morality is determined by your belief system. Nopony is going to strike you with lightning if you eat a corpse. So you're asking whether something is immoral is, frankly, kind of a silly question. All I have to do is say I don't think it is and I'm done.

This is also a big problem for these sort of hypothetical questions. What you're really trying to get is agreement from a bunch of different ponies about the proper course of action in a certain situation. But while that's easy for something like theft (everypony agrees that stealing someone's wallet is a bad thing), when you ask a controversial question like weighing a belief in the sanctity of a dead body vs. the life of another person, you're not going to get a simple answer and, frankly, there's not a ton of discussion to be had either. I think life is more important than the sanctity of a dead body. But why? *shrug* I dunno, I just put a lot of value on a life relative to other things. Probably had to do with a whole bunch of stuff with how I was raised, not all of which I'm conscious of right now. I don't think the why of it matters much because we're already talking about values, which is at a fundamental level. It's like asking why I like the color blue better than the color red.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-09-08 at 11:39 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

29. - Top - End - #119

I maintain my neutrality in all of this, while pursuing noble ends.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

And just what are you insinuating?
    To be fair, Boffinspark is more benign than the body snatching undead cult leader and the eldritch abomination. Marginally. On his better days.
    On the other hoof, professor, you've never exactly been real "hero" material.

WHAT? How so?
    Well, to start with there's your incessant need to keep bombarding everypony with OFC blasts.
    ...Phooey. Speaking of which,

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    i got this
    *bamf*
    sup boffinspark
    *levitates all lab equipment a few inches, tilts past its center of gravity*
    *releases*
    *crash*
    I'm the 'B' to the 'o' to the double 'f', 'i-n', 's-p-a-r-k'
    And now you're gonna face
    My OFC array
    I'm Boff-alicious

*portals surround thubby*

Spoiler
    Show

And big finish
    Spoiler
    Show

Princess Cadence is not Pricess Celestia's niece. That is fan supposition.
    Huh, I thought we had some sort of official word on that. I stand corrected.

Or, "incompent with power fluxations" or "compent but less likely to act". Lets face it, if Ponythread ever ends up having a massive free-for-all battle royal, it would be Balkinspark to end up lighting the fire.

He's the final boss. Think about it. He keeps the threat of our deaths near us, and one day he might just follow up on his claims. Also, he killed the Ponythid.

One day, everyone here is going to try and take on the Commander and his fleet. And then we can reset the threadverse comicbook style.
    The only problem with that eventuality is that it will invariably devolve into a series of complicated backstabbing maneuvers between Boffinspark and Silent Night.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show