New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

You're missing the forest for the cellulose molecules, my friend.

An army which claims (and, I admit, could probably back it up) to be able to eventually conquer the universe. You know what else is distant, inevitable and unbeatable? The heatdeath of the universe.

He has a right to exist. We have a right to oppose his existence. The back an forth boils down to it all being meaningless. Do what you must. I will do as I must. Bleakbane will do as he must. In the end, we can look back and see which way things went. That's existence. Existence is struggle.

In the words of Executor Palen, "You don't like something? Good. Then fight for it. But don't expect is to hand it to you on a platter." I mean that with the deepest respect, too. If we have to come to opposition, ideologically, physically, mentally, emotionally, don't hold back. If your best, truest self can be expressed by beating me? Compromise is off the table, backing down, rephrasing, are all unavailable, I hope you rest in traction or on my cooling body. This is a thing I admittedly exaggerate, but the zeal is there. There is beauty in the struggle. Transcendence. Becoming. Rise. Rise again. Burn. Hotly, deeply, and consume what you have to to feed the flames.
    Bleakbane will.
    And so will I.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIII: Stashing Ponythreads Around in Case of Ponymergency!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Need medical attention? Shy has you covered.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was a pretty adorable taken on that trailer scene. I particularly like the little details such as the hairbrush and her element necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by asdflove View Post
    Actually, that's not Sweetie Belle, it's Moondancer from G1, G4ized as a filly.
    Ah. Uncanny resemblance then.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

An army which claims (and, I admit, could probably back it up) to be able to eventually conquer the universe. You know what else is distant, inevitable and unbeatable? The heatdeath of the universe.

He has a right to exist. We have a right to oppose his existence. The back an forth boils down to it all being meaningless. Do what you must. I will do as I must. Bleakbane will do as he must. In the end, we can look back and see which way things went. That's existence. Existence is struggle.

In the words of Executor Palen, "You don't like something? Good. Then fight for it. But don't expect is to hand it to you on a platter." I mean that with the deepest respect, too. If we have to come to opposition, ideologically, physically, mentally, emotionally, don't hold back. If your best, truest self can be expressed by beating me? Compromise is off the table, backing down, rephrasing, are all unavailable, I hope you rest in traction or on my cooling body. This is a thing I admittedly exaggerate, but the zeal is there. There is beauty in the struggle. Transcendence. Becoming. Rise. Rise again. Burn. Hotly, deeply, and consume what you have to to feed the flames.
    Bleakbane will.
    And so will I.
    We are silly internet ponies doing silly internet things~

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Fillies and gentlecolts, the time has finally come. Ponies are officially serious business. We just made the pages of the Ultra Serious Business Geopolitical Finance Magazine, The Economist.

It's not an explicit reference, embedded in an article about arcane legal rules, but this is literally as far as The Economist's pop culture references ever go. The last internet culture reference was an XKCD quote in early February.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Sorry for slight blur, don't own a scanner). Page 63 of the September 8th issue.)

As one of my life goals is to be quoted, referenced or mentioned in the pages of The Economist, this feels disproportionately awesome to me.
    ...I cannot believe I didn't make the connection between the title of that article and the show.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-10 at 06:52 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

5. - Top - End - #245
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    We are silly internet ponies doing silly internet things~
    Well. I am a Celt. And what kind of Celt would I be if weren't occasionally lost in the melodrama?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Well. I am a Celt. And what kind of Celt would I be if weren't occasionally lost in the melodrama?
    This sounds like the setup for a positively brain-curdling pun, but for the life of me I can't think of one.
    Truth resists simplicity.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    So, are you saying that anypony who uses that map at all is wrong and should have the notion that the map could be accurate beaten out of them? That's what I'm arguing against.
    Well, no. But honesty compels me to admit that if I know someone's conclusions are based on the map, I am less likely to accept said conclusions as worth respecting.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

And that's why you're a modern day knight and I'm a self-professed peasant. I don't care for struggle. As long as you let me do my job, fell free to knock each other out over which one has better morals (and more often than not, who gets to be the boss). Quae sunt Caesaris Caesari.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    And that's why you're a modern day knight and I'm a self-professed peasant. I don't care for struggle. As long as you let me do my job, fell free to knock each other out over which one has better morals (and more often than not, who gets to be the boss). Quae sunt Caesaris Caesari.
    We agree, but different phrasing makes it sound otherwise. doin your job is a struggle. I'm saying when someone else does their job, and it opposes mine, I still respect them for holding their ground is all.

It's a very fatalistic outlook I think. Surprisingly romantic, too. That's probably the zealotry.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Ponycraft 2.

Need medical attention? Shy has you covered.

Spoiler
    Show
    That is absolutely adorable. Now I want to see more Starcraft ponies.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    That's too bad. Where are these epubs? Edit: If these are the ones made by others, then they might also not be up to date. I've done some editing of my stories over time, although nothing major in most cases.
    Fimfiction has epub downloads. It's most probably a reader problem, when I open the same file on the PC, everything is there.

Wat of the day by QuizzicalKisses
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    This sounds like the setup for a positively brain-curdling pun, but for the life of me I can't think of one.
    Colt instead of Celt perhaps?

We agree, but different phrasing makes it sound otherwise. doin your job is a struggle. I'm saying when someone else does their job, and it opposes mine, I still respect them for holding their ground is all.

It's a very fatalistic outlook I think. Surprisingly romantic, too. That's probably the zealotry.
    I know what your saying and I agree with you though I can't articulate the words correctly.

I had a ponydream!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically I was in vacation in BC with my dad and most of the Mane 6. Weirdly Pinkie wasn't actually there but instead was a hologram. Either Rarity or Applejack were a hologram as well. Only one of them but I'm not sure which.

Anyways Fluttershy went missing so we were trying to track her down where my dad (who was left behind) started freaking out and calling my cell. Eventually we figured that Fluttershy went to where she was abducted the first time . Sure enough we find her there and then we head home. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy start cuddling (FlutterDash ) and Twilight lectures me about something but I couldn't understand her (no sound was in my dream only meanings were transmitted). A strange pony who I didn't recognize was at my home. Apparently she really liked ear scratches because after I gave one she wouldn't stop following me around. (Ends up the pony was Moondancer. Weird my subconscious pulled her out.)

Then I became one of 4 Warriors of Light and left to save the world from something or another. The dream goes on but there wasn't any ponies so

Basically my mind now subconsciously ships FlutterDash
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I had a ponydream!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically I was in vacation in BC with my dad and most of the Mane 6. Weirdly Pinkie wasn't actually there but instead was a hologram. Either Rarity or Applejack were a hologram as well. Only one of them but I'm not sure which.

Anyways Fluttershy went missing so we were trying to track her down where my dad (who was left behind) started freaking out and calling my cell. Eventually we figured that Fluttershy went to where she was abducted the first time . Sure enough we find her there and then we head home. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy start cuddling (FlutterDash ) and Twilight lectures me about something but I couldn't understand her (no sound was in my dream only meanings were transmitted). A strange pony who I didn't recognize was at my home. Apparently she really liked ear scratches because after I gave one she wouldn't stop following me around. (Ends up the pony was Moondancer. Weird my subconscious pulled her out.)

Then I became one of 4 Warriors of Light and left to save the world from something or another. The dream goes on but there wasn't any ponies so

Your subconscious mind has good taste.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    You tell 'em how it is, Forum Explorer's subconcious!
    Truth resists simplicity.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    You tell 'em how it is, Forum Explorer's subconcious!
    Mostly because it moves Fluttershy away and allows BigPink to exist without the Fluttermac HERESY

Shipping is srs bsns
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Mostly because it moves Fluttershy away and allows BigPink to exist without the Fluttermac HERESY

Shipping is srs bsns
    Fluttermac is NOT heresy!
    And it's not Big Pink! It's called Pokey Pie!
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

well, since the new DVD released Dec 4th contains season three episodes, we can expect season three to start before that. Plus maybe give some room for ITune release. I estimate season three to start in OCT. I bet on 20th OCT.

Season three spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, TWILIGHT SPARKLE searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm!
    Crystal Empire just appears in the frozen north? Prepare yourself, crystals are coming.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

Shipping is srs bsns
    Well, I have two alternate shipping arrangements:

Flutterdash, Twinkie, Raripants, and Applejack is married to her farm.

Alternately: FlutterMac, Dashie-Pie, TwiLuna, and RariPants. Poor AJ gets no love.

zzzzwait, what? Season 1 DVD has season 3 episodes? I'm even more glad that I preordered it.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-09-10 at 01:18 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Well, I have two alternate shipping arrangements:

Flutterdash, Twinkie, Raripants, and Applejack is married to her farm.

Alternately: FlutterMac, Dashie-Pie, TwiLuna, and RariPants. Poor AJ gets no love.

zzzzwait, what? Season 1 DVD has season 3 episodes? I'm even more glad that I preordered it.
    No, but a DVD with season 3 episodes on it is being released on the same day as the s1 collection.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-09-10 at 01:15 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

20. - Top - End - #260

Season 3 Spoilers?
    Spoiler
    Show

What is this I don't even-- Okay, we have what looks like recolors/rebrushed versions of the Mane six. Their eyes have hexagonal highlights, and ain't no way I'll accept that the blue one is Rainbow Dash. I do like fauxRarity's hair, though.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Fluttermac is NOT heresy!
    And it's not Big Pink! It's called Pokey Pie!
    Funny thing about me is even having FlutterMac mentioned in passing will utterly ruin a story for me. This is the only ship that does this as even squicky ships like ScootaCheer doesn't have that reaction. (Though usually a squicky ship like that isn't enjoyable for an entirely different reason.) But yeah, fastest way for me to not read your fic? Include FlutterMac.

Other Fluttershy ships are fine by the way. Only FlutterMac repulses me to that degree.

Balmas I love your sig. Is that a quote from the Trixie is a Superhero game?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-09-10 at 01:26 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Season 3 Spoilers?
    Spoiler
    Show

What is this I don't even-- Okay, we have what looks like recolors/rebrushed versions of the Mane six. Their eyes have hexagonal highlights, and ain't no way I'll accept that the blue one is Rainbow Dash. I do like fauxRarity's hair, though.
    Drei Saison
    Spoiler
    Show

Why do Rarity and Pinkie Pie have normal eyes, when the others have weird hexagram things? Maybe the others are hags!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Drei Saison
    Spoiler
    Show

Why do Rarity and Pinkie Pie have normal eyes, when the others have weird hexagram things? Maybe the others are hags!
    Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's more sinister than that, do you know Rarity, Pinkie, and Cadence have in common? They commonly like using mental manipulation and control for their own ends.

The others have been made into thralls
    edit- Fluttershy could have remained normal, but she went along with it to be nice
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-09-10 at 01:39 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground

Season 3 Spoilers?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoilerssssss
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no way those are what they look like.

They're so not good looking at all.

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Spoilerssssss
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no way those are what they look like.

They're so not good looking at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, we have slightly paler rebrushes of the mane six. Possible clones? *gasp* Insectoid eyes=changelings? Maybe there's just too much sun in the frozen north, so their coats are starting to lose their color? [/wild guessing]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

S3 spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's the same picture I posted earlier, but you can see the hexagons much clearer in the blow up. My opinion is actually that it's just to reflect all the crystal and gemstones and means nothing. But that's boring, so we'll go with Cadance mind control evil powers.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    That is absolutely adorable. Now I want to see more Starcraft ponies.
    I simply wonder how much time it took to make that.

Spoiler
    Show

There's also the sequel, in which Spike apperently hits level 21.

I must wonder what the DDog's would look like realisticly? (Or for that matter, Iron Will......)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    well, since the new DVD released Dec 4th contains season three episodes, we can expect season three to start before that. Plus maybe give some room for ITune release. I estimate season three to start in OCT. I bet on 20th OCT.

Season three spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Crystal Empire just appears in the frozen north? Prepare yourself, crystals are coming.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering why it seems like they have to make the Empire fall.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-09-10 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Season III
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually rather like Rarity's new hair style. I think they should have her do that at least once in the series; it was implied that they do coat dyeing in episode 1 at least.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-09-10 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

On shipping:
    The only two ships I consistently support are Fluttermac and Rarispike. I tend to be neutral to most other ships, but those two I support with the full force of whatever crime against existence that Professor Boffinspark has on hoof.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Bleakbane will.
    And so will I.
    If I had any idea what you were saying, I might disagree, but, yeah.
    Can you comfortably argue that a being has a right to exist when they reserve the right to decide who else gets to excersize that right? I feel that is grey area, but quite beside the point as I don't remember making any points even vaguely related to that.

And the heat-death of the universe is just a theory, after all, no matter how widely supported it may be.

And I have no intention of beating anyone, especially at contests I have not chosen for myself. Much less ones whose terms of engagement are confusing or unclear.

Edit - Dash Related Ships tend to be the ones that feel more supported by the show, for me. Appledash and Flutterdash, in particular. The Apple-Pie pics someone posted earlier were quite cute though.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-09-10 at 02:55 PM.