New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Since hover indicated that Athedru and I DO know their names, but hasn't actually told us what their names are, I'm just going to declare that their names are Fanzar and Thorand. So don't come back with "Oh, who are Fanzar and Thorand, these are the tokens for Billgot and Hariton"
    Moi?

A quick Bluff check should do it (1d20+3)[10] opposed by Sense motive (1d20-1)[18]

The attendant seems to have changed in the quarter hour or so that it's taken to arrive and find out the details of the plan and the new one, a sour looking woman in her later years takes a bored long look at you, "Policy is that only the owner collect their clothes. I've known Fanzar since he were knee high to a crab and I used to clip Thorand's ear for stealing pies when I were cook at the Temple o' Mists. Them know the rules and they aren't too rich and important to go breaking them with me. You tell 'em that Withy ain't gonna put up with their nonsense." She spares you a level glare that would put a cat to shame by way of dismissal.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-03-14 at 03:57 PM.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Kevst is no stranger to that glare. He remembered receiving many of these (and plenty much worse) at the orphanage. Chastened by his failure, Kevst slinks away from the attendant, his eyes downcast, not saying a word. He thought he could pull off a scam like Ben would, but he just wasn't good with people, with lying, with pretending to be who he wasn't. He was a gutter rat, and would always be a gutter rat. No elaborate scam or fancy clothes would change that. He was a fool for thinking anything different.

Kevst was home in the shadows, comfortable when no one saw him or noticed him. Trying to pull off a scam in the baths just left him too... exposed.

He left the room and quietly whispers to Ben, Devka & Athedru, "Nevermind, let's just go."

Not waiting for a reaction, Kevst just walks outside, ready to be done with this whole mistaken scheme.
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2013-03-15 at 11:22 AM.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

On your way back to the inn you spot Astrid wearing a new dress. It seems to be a large cloth sheet that's been tied up artistically and then stitched together. though clearly quickly done it does look good on her, simple and elegant. Unfortunately the state of her hands and arms ruins the effect as she seems to be elbow deep in charcoal.

She spots you and waves you over where you see that she is working on a small canvas, sketching an elderly couple who are sitting nearby, "Trader Eddin gave me a canvas and some markers. I drew a picture of the bay and someone bought it so I got a dress and bought another canvas and now everybody wants me to draw them. Thank you for bringing me here. The people are so kind and generous." She blurts this out all in a rush waving her arms around energetically, a gleam in her eye that tells you how genuinely pleased she is, "I've drawn things since I was a little girl but they sold me to work on a ship. This is the first time anyone has appreciated me for what I can do."

"How long do we have till we need to get going to this posh dinner? Let me finish up and then I need to wash. Where's Graorin?"
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

At the beginning of the day, Graorin patiently and deliberately waited until the little people who followed him outside the city got bored. Once he felt less smothered by bystanders he began exploring the countryside with Val, hunting a couple of rabbits, and generally reminding himself of the freedom he had not a week ago.

If nothing else interferes or interacts with him, this is basically how he spends the entirety of his day.

As evening approaches he realizes that Ben had told the party to do something before this dinner, but for the life of him he can't remember what that was. So he starts heading to town without having made any preparations.

About halfway there he thinks it might be a good idea to bathe, so he makes a detour for the nearest body of water and does so. The fact that this was precisely one of the things Ben asked is a lucky coincidence.

He reenters town, followed closely by Val, about half an hour before they are expected.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

When everyone has returned to the room, Ben hands them each one of the new belts he purchased.

"I think these lend a sensible, but stylish, addition to us all and to the keen-eyed mark us as a group. I hope you like them, I selected them individually."

Ben puts on his clean clothes; adjusts his new belt, adds his finest dagger and a money pouch and then checks his hair in a mirror.

Finally ready he waits for the others before heading out to the dinner.
    GitP BloodBowl Manager Cup - Now Finished!
    The Low-down Dirty Rats - See How We Run!
    Record:
    Season VII - 6-4-1 and Runners Up!
    Season VI - 7-5-1 + Quarter-final loss and Div B All-Star losing coach!
    Season V - 4-6-1 + Quarter-final loss

RAT POWER!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

Devka puts on his belt and makes sure his state of dress is suitable for the night ahead. He then sits down, rests his axe on his lap and stares into space for a while.

I'm sorry, I don't think I could explain what other reason I would have brought you to the party apart from to cleave everyone in there. I will leave you here, but I will return for you soon, I promise. And then, hopefully, we'll find ourselves some poor souls with the courage and foolishness to challenge us in battle. We will drink our share of blood soon, my friend, our foes will taste your cold, hard steel in their flesh, those that stand before us shall know no mercy and the cowards that flee will be hunted down like the vermin they are, I promise you this.

Then he gently leans his axe against the wall and lets out a heavy sigh.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Madam Arvo Desinn has left you some cloaks to wear if your own are too travel stained and it looks like the Lightfoot brothers or the Tanglelocks have visited while you were out. Each of you has an oyster shell brooch as a clasp attached to the cloak. You dress up for the evening with your new belts and your finest clothing and make your way north to the manor of Calkin Cotsman, Lord of Stilt.

Given that much of the town is within the wooden walls right on the sea front it is unusual to have to climb a hill but that's where the Lord Stilt seems to have built his home. A hill rises to the north over the palisade to a prominent black rock. At the base and outside of the walls are rows of orange and lemon trees that give the walk a refreshing scent.

Atop the rock is a two story manor, several buildings connect to it to form a large courtyard with a stables to one side, an orangery, a malt house and the main residence making three sides of a square with an elaborate iron grill wall and ornate gate giving a fine open view of the buildings inside. As you can see from the town the manor itself has an unusual feature: a hanging level. Over the end of the dark rock the build has been extended and seems to hang down over the sea below. Curiously you see no sign of any buildings built on stilts.

As you approach the gate two guards in polished scale armour step forward. Their round faces seem nervous and a little sad. One of the guards, the older of the pair, places his halberd across your path, "Halt, who goes there," he intones, "It's alright, the master likes a bit of a show," he adds in a whisper. The other clatters his own halberd across the first to form a cross.

Just then there is a shout from within the square and a short and extremely well dressed halfling steps into sight, "These brave heroes are my guests. Do not detain them further." He is wearing no armour but a fine silver thread jacket, white jodhpurs and a rapier. He has a small cap perched on his head with a yellow feather protruding exquisitely back from the peak. The whole is spoiled somewhat by the sneer on his face as he addresses his men and the comically thin pencil mustache that adorns his upper lip.

Spoiler
    Show
    The clothes would probably fetch around 5gp each if you planned on selling them.

Go ahead and make your greetings.

One question: Did Graorin ride Valerius?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Ben steps forwards to greet their host,

"My Lord, on behalf of the Old Alk Irregulars and our new-found friends, I thank you for your hospitality this evening and bid you well met. After days of travelling and our recent exploits an opportunity to relax and rest in such fine surroundings is greatly received.

May I also congratulate you on the immaculate turnout and bearing of your household guard, they are surely worthy of such a magnificent household?"

Whilst Lord Stilt is not looking directly at him, Ben manages a wink at the elder guard to let him know that he understands the game and is grateful for the tip-off!

Spoiler
    Show
    sense motive - (1d20+6)[9]
    Diplomacy - (1d20+8)[28]
    Sleight of hand (to disguise the wink) - (1d20+8)[12]
    Record:

RAT POWER!

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Graorin has come leading Valerius, under the assumption that they'll have a good stable in which to place him during the dinner. He does not make a greeting on his own, preferring to let Ben be the face of the party as usual.

Spoiler
    Show
    Graorin never rides Valerius except in emergencies; their relationship is too mutually respectful for that.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Orc in the Playground

Devka decides that in this situation it would be better for him to keep his mouth shut as much as possible and let someone with more tact speak for him.
    He does, however, make an effort to appear aimable and disguise his instant distaste of the man that is hosting this dinner. Theatrics only impress him if they are done of true skill and prowess, not staged like some common street performer.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

The older guard winks back at Ben as the pair withdraw their halberds and stand to attention. Lord Stilt stands casually with one hand on his hip and the other on his sword hilt, clearly posing but also showing that he's been trained to handle a blade, "My fine fellows, do come in. Let my man take your horse and I'll give you a tour of the old place."

A stable hand comes out and offers a clumsy bow, "Sir?" He lifts his hand to take the reins but Valerius chooses to nuzzle down and pluck a carrot from the lad's shirt pocket instead. He pats the horses neck and laughs, "Righ' this way, horsey." Valerius looks back at Graorin, crunches on the carrot and seems to shrug before following him into the stables. There is another guard coming out of the stables. He looks thoughtful.

"Yes, well... shall we?" his Lordship seems impatient and heads to the main doors that are being held open by two footmen in matching silver coats. Seeing the guard he clicks his fingers angrily and points to the door in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's Artho's cue.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Artho wanders out from the stable, his head bowed in thought. Hearing a familiar click he stands to attention suddenly. He follows the Lords pointing finger and in a loud clear voice proclaims, in an overstated manner "Greetings Slayers of Old Claw!" bowing his head in a sign of genuine respect to the group " please allow me to lead the way to the dining hall, I am Artho, personal guard of the Lord of the Stilt" he nods to the two gate guards and proceeds to practically march through the door, his Boar-emblazoned shield held in front of him and his Halberd high.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Kevst shuffles along with the others, hanging near the back. He avoids making eye contact - as is typical - and instead just takes note of escape routes, hiding places and valuables - as is also typical.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

"I have some other guests arriving and wish to be here to greet them. Please make yourselves comfortable and I shall join you shortly. Artho, show them the library and give them the quick tour. Lord and Lady Muddlepond and Counsellors Goldacre and Bodger are expected at any moment" He stands to one side of the main doors and ushers you in before returning to the gates.

Inside the manor there is a well presented parlour. The walls are panelled in dark wood that show artistic renditions of building work. There are labourers constructing homes of stilts, huge cranes lifting platforms into place, architects at work, all telling a story of construction and hard work. You can see several familiar buildings depicted in the carvings. It would seem that the Stilt House made its fortune in the building trade and settled here after Bridge was built.

There are several doors open from the parlour as well as steps going up, probably to bedrooms and the lord's solar. There is a mechanical cage at the very end of the room, a kind of dumbwaiter large enough to fit even the humans in your group. You can hear the faint chords of music drifting up from below. The walls are lit by metal spheres on high pedestals that burn with a soft yellow flame. There are no soot stains and as you approach you note that they aren't giving off any heat at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Other than the private rooms (bedrooms, servants quarters, kitchen, etc) Arlo can show the guests the library, the weapon and armour display, the portrait room or the Shrine of the Mists. Alternatively he can head straight down the elevator to the dining room.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

SwashbucklerGuy

Artho nods acceptance of his orders and walks to the door, pushing it open,he motions for others to enter "Gentlemen, if you would come this way. The late Lord of the Stilt was something of a collector, you might find the Library of interest if you are of a scholarly lean..."

Spoiler
    Show

I attributed the collection mostly to the previous Lord, hope that's not out of order. Thought I'd leave the actual description to Hover

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

To the world in general, Ben says "A very fine library indeed; we haven't had much call to frequent such places for some time, perhaps we can return another time to take in more of it's wonder?"

Specifically to Artho he continues,
    "It seems rather unusual to have a party underground? Does his lordship have much of his property below ground?"

Stepping aside to look a little more closely at some of the books, he whispers to Kevst,

"Keep it discrete kid, nothing you can't palm or hide easily; we're guests here." with a wink.
    Record:

RAT POWER!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Graorin lets out a groan, which he just barely manages to keep silent, at once again being lauded for the crab incident. If anything is a reason to get out of here as soon as possible and head back to his wilderness home, that is. Where he can kill (or be killed by) giant crabs without anyone else noticing, caring, or interfering.

Other than that, he tries to stay silent and unobtrusive, which is difficult to do when you're two or three times as tall as everyone else, have to stoop below the ceiling half the time, and hit your head on nearly every doorway.

At least Valerius seems to be treated well. He hopes.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

The library is richly stocked with books of many different topics. Artho was lend on book on the various noble houses of the Isles by the late Lord Stilt and it was quite comprehensive but for those more interested in nature there are treatises on natural history and the various flora and fauna of the region. For a scholar this room could take a lifetime to explore. It is apparent that it seems to be mostly disused. There is dust on the shelves apart from one section that stands out as having been recently disturbed.

The weapon and armour on display in the adjoining room has clearly seen recent traffic. Two of the cabinets are open. One, containing a sword rack is mostly empty. The contents have dumped unceremoniously on the table beside it. The other has a suit of studded leather on a manikin. The ensemble clearly has room for archery bracers but these have been removed and the door left wide. Artho knows that these cabinets are kept locked normally.

The portrait room has a number of works by prominent artists, living and dead. The Lords Stilt go back three generations and there are pictures of the wives and children as well. There is one of the young Lord Stilt that stands out for its ebullient portrayal of Calkin Cotsman as a swashbuckling hero posing in mid riposte. The artist has made him look more dashing than he actually is.

The Shrine of the Mists is large enough for the entire household and features an old altar with small statues to honour the dead. There is a simple incense holder and cover open at the side and there is a place for writing and burning the papers that are traditionally used to write prayers down.

You can wander as you will or head down to the meal at your leisure.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delia2531, the dining room isn't actually underground but is literally hanging off the cliff side at a level below the rest of the manor.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

As he looks along the shelves, Ben pays keen attention to the area without dust to see any patterns in the titles. He knows little about swords and so initially pays them little attention; I always thought that going armed to dinner would be bad form, but perhaps there is more going on here than we first thought? Ben takes a closer look to see if there is anything special about the quality or value.

Finally drifting across to the armour, Ben tries to get a feel for the quality of the piece.

His curiosity sated, Ben returns to the library with the rest of the group ready to decend to dinner.

Spoiler
    Show

trying to spot a pattern in the titles (int/knowledge) (1d20+1)[13]
    appraise check (swords) (1d20+6)[12]
    appraise check (armour) (1d20+6)[23]

Record:

RAT POWER!

20. - Top - End - #500

SwashbucklerGuy

Seeing the Armour room in disarray, Artho storms in to look around, he checks the locks for signs of tampering and then tries to get an idea what, if anything is missing.

Spoiler
    Show

To check for tampering either (spot) (1d20+5)[17]
    or (search) (1d20+2)[16]

To check through for what's missing (1d20+2)[22]

Artho shouts the name of another guard, bellowing loud enough for them to hear. Once they get here, if there's anything missing he'll tell them there's been a theft, if not he'll demand to know what's happened
    Spoiler
    Show

Gather info if the guard knows anything (1d20+1)[19]
    Intimidate if he's unwilling to say (Artho is angry!) (1d20+3)[16]

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Curiously Ben is unable to read the titles on the books that have been disturbed. They're written in another language or perhaps in some sort of code. The letters are readable but the words are foreign to you.

The swords and armour all look valuable, mainly due to their age and quality.

Spoiler
    Show
    Many of the swords and armour are mundane though well made but a few pieces stand out. A shortsword made from an unknown pinkish metal that you estimate at over 1200gp and a two handed sword with a well notched blade of cold iron that is worth around 100gp to 120 gp. There is a suit of chain mail and a suit of studded leather that you value at around 400gp each. The centrepiece is a mithril breastplate worth well in excess of 4000gp. There's probably more than 10000gp of equipment here.

Artho stamps around the display cabinets looking for clues. It seems that a pair of archery bracers are definitely missing and one of the more unusual swords that the late Lord Stilt once claimed to have come from his father. It was unusual because of its size, being far too large for a halfling to wield except as a thin and badly weighted greatsword.

A young guard, Jino, rushes into the display room, her dark hair trailing behind her. She's on duty with an older guard, Alric, but comes in alone, "W-what is it, Artho?" she stutters seeing the mess, "What's h-happened." As you explain and start questioning her she interrupts, "The L-lord is wearing the bracers. I-I saw him put them on. N-nobody would take the big blade though. Not unless it w-was the...the other guests."

Alric finally arrives. He looks tired and old and a bit sheepish, "Sorry, Artho. Sorry, it's my fault. Master Calkin told me to unlock the cabinets and let the visitors in. I should'a stayed ta keep an eye on 'em bu' the master tol' us they wanted privacy, din't he?"
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-03-27 at 04:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502

SwashbucklerGuy

Artho, realising this is probably not the best show he could have given the visitors takes the guards to one side, (spoilered so if anyone doesn't want to know what's said)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "There is no need to apologise Alric, you were only following orders. As we all have been" he pauses and sighs deeply before continuing
    "But..something is amiss here. Unknown guests, at least one clearly a giant, raiding the armoury, this is getting out of hand"
    . He looks both the guards in the eye and puts a hand on their shoulders "Listen, something is very wrong here, I have a bad feeling about this whole night, I need you to do me a favour, will you accompany me with this party into the dining hall? It may be nothing, but I would rather have two people I can trust in there with me"
    Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy check to persuade Alric and Jino (1d20+1)[9]

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Sensing the levels of concern coming from Artho and the other guards, and glad that even Kevst has a suitable alibi, Ben whispers to his companions, "There's a serious flap on here. I couldn't hear what they said to each other, but it didn't sound good. It looks like things have gone missing from the other room."

I suggest we hang around a little and act natural, we haven't done anything wrong here, have we?"
    This last comment is aimed at Kevst, but is not malicious, merely a query.
    Record:

RAT POWER!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Spoilered for Artho though anyone can eavesdrop.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alric scratches his chin and then gives a reluctant nod. The older warrior takes your gauntleted hand, "Ya know that this is jus' a job to Jino an' me. We ain't made no oath or nothin'. I c'n retire with what I've got saved up, go sit on a beach and have me grand kids fetch me drinks all day. I never expected ta get ta this age anyhow. You though, you been 'ere fer years, swore fealty ta the old man and everythin'. You mess up and you'll be out. Jino too." He gives you a steady look, "Young girl's got keen eyes, might be that we need someone keepin' watch, eh?"

Jino looks frightened, she's a nervous person anyway but she's clearly conflicted, "I can do that. I-I can k-keep watch...or c-come with you. Whatever's best."

For everyone else:

The three guards are discussing something. The young women looks frightened and the older guard resigned. You can listen in to their conversation easily just by moving closer.

Spoiler
    Show
    A DC5 listen check will let you listen in without moving closer. I'm sure some of you can do that without even rolling.

Just then the main doors are opened and you hear conversation coming from the parlour. The brash voice of the Lord Stilt is practically shouting and you distinctly hear the phrase, "Frightful looking savages" as they come closer. He puts his head through the door and asks, "All ready for dinner, are we? What do you think of the old place? Not bad, eh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If I've skipped ahead feel free to roll back and take your actions.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Ben listens intently:

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[19]

Forewarned is for armed!
    Record:

RAT POWER!

26. - Top - End - #506

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Artho nods to the guards "Very well, Alric, you're with me, Jino keep watch at the top of the elevator, if anyone comes - don't try and stop them, just drop a silver down the shaft so I know"

Artho walks back to the group just as Lord Stilt leans his head into the room..

27. - Top - End - #507
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Listen check: (1d20+3)[19]

Graorin, too, overhears everything, and frowns. Well, the rest of the group might be in trouble, but he's got no reason to steal a sword he can't use (under the assumption it's a halfling-sized sword, of course).

If it's a larger sword he might be in trouble. He sighs. Well, this is a familiar feeling.
    Last edited by Avi235&258; 2013-03-31 at 12:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

The Lord of Stilt pays no attention whatsoever to the weapon cabinet being in disarray and ushers you to the grill work cage at the end of the parlour, "Shall we?"

On the way he introduces Lord and Lady Muddlepond, a middle aged couple in very fine and very large blue robes. They appear to both enjoy their food even more than the typical halfling. The smile indulgently at you as introductions are made. He also introduces Counsellor Greth Goldacre, a tall man in an olive militia uniform with gold thread across his chest, "That's Colonel Goldacre actually," he smirks, "Newly commissioned, don't you know."

Finally he presents Counsellor Ruby Bodger, an elderly lady with nut brown skin and an unusual series of wooden ornaments dangling about her hair and person, "Of the Bodgers of Small Sands originally. I now trade in lumber mainly. I bought some from your friend, captain Longham when you arrived. Seems he brought more than just lumber with him."

In the cage Artho is instructed to take the chain that lowers them down. It moves easily, hand over hand, as the cage is slowly lowered. The party can see the dining room below them. Some 20 feet high it hangs from the edge of the manor over the sea below. Metal framed windows cover the far wall, giving an impressive view of the ocean and rocks beyond. Silver candelabras on the long oak dining table illuminate the room. It is decorated with silver ornaments themed for the ocean. Ships, dolphins, merfolk, elementals all in brightly polished silver reflect the light. Grey and silver curtains hang open and black cloth seems to make the room bigger than it is.

Aside from four servants in their silver livery there are five figures already in the room, one sitting and the others standing. The standing figures are cloaked in black. You can see that they are bigger than typical halflings, reaching about four feet in height but much wider and stronger looking. It is clear that they are armoured and armed. Two stand behind the seated figure and two flank him. As the lift descends the one sitting slowly rises. He towers over the others by a clear foot while still appear to be smaller than they are. He is thin and lithe. His pointed ears stand out from his long, blonde hair that flows down to his shoulders. He wears a long robe, also in black with a silver belt over the top. The belt holds a wand of some kind of blue crystal and a longsword. Artho recognises the blade.

Counsellor Bodger frowns, "What's this, Calkin? What's going on?"

Lord Stilt smiles, "I'll explain in a moment. Everything is fine."

Spoiler
    Show
    The room is 25' by 50' with the lift as the only entrance. Actually Artho knows of another way in and out, the dumbwater that comes from the kitchens but that's big enough to hold one person only.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509

SwashbucklerGuy

Artho leans close to the nearest member of the Slayers of Old Claw and whispers ""Ready yourself" before walking through the group to stand at Lord Calkin's side [COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]"Sir, this man is armed, and with an heirloom of your house no less, this is...irregular to say the least, why has this been allowed? These...men, clearly intend to cause trouble, we should ask them to disarm or leave immediately. This is a blatant sign of disrespect for the order of your house"[/COLOR]

Spoiler
    Show

Artho attempts to Diplomacy (1d20+2)[6]

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

"That is my business, guard Artho, not yours. Your job is to do as I tell you for as long as you are in my employ." He glares at you for a moment but as the cage reaches the lower level he whips around and opens the doors himself.

"Everyone, this is my good friend, Eniaol of a distant land known as Feyloch. Lord Eniaol, may I present Colonel Goldacre, Lord and Lady Muddlepond, Counsellor Ruby Bodger, the heroes of Bridge, Ben and his protege, Kevst, and also Athedru, all of Old Alk, Ever Barrowfoot and Devka Thorn, I think of the Six Sisters somewhere. Finally the giants, Graorin and Astrid, whom I know you particularly wanted to meet today."

The elf bows from across the room to each of you, a graceful sapling swaying in the wind. His musical voice, in halting halfling follows as he straightens, "I am pleased to take the Lord Stilt's bread and wine this day as I greet you in hospitality."

"I hope you don't mind, Lord Stilt, but I borrowed this old blade from your collection. Did you know that it is enchanted? I must ask you where you got it. It is elf made, my people, and sized for our hands."

Spoiler
    Show
    I've included Athedru as an NPC as he was invited.
    Spoiler
    Show