New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Isles of the Small Folk IC

Devka jump up onto the table and runs down it's length to get to Auded. He pauses right at the very end of the table then emittes a low growl and strikes down with his dagger.

Spoiler
    Show

Jump check (1d20+11)[28] DC10

I included the +2 bonus from flanking
    Attack: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (1d3+4)[5]
    Confirm crit: (1d20+9)[29]
    Crit damage: (1d3+4)[5]

Rage
    Spoiler
    Show

Hp: 32 (23 if Wharendd managed to hit me before he was knocked unconcious)
    Ac: 16
    Str: 19 (+4)
    Con: 19 (+4)
    Will: +5
    Rage lasts 4 more rounds

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

If there's enough room to squeeze through to him, Ben launches himself at Enaiol and attempts to grab him and pin him down, or at least pin his arms to prevent any more casting.

Spoiler
    Show

Touch attack to initiate grapple (1d20+2)[22]
    Grapple check (1d20-2)[6]
    Damage on successful grapple (1d2)[1]

If he can't see a way through he steps out from under the table and climbs on to it to speak to the room and ensure he is heard.

Spoiler
    Show
    climb check to get up (1d20+2)[6]
    GitP BloodBowl Manager Cup - Now Finished!
    The Low-down Dirty Rats - See How We Run!
    Record:
    Season VII - 6-4-1 and Runners Up!
    Season VI - 7-5-1 + Quarter-final loss and Div B All-Star losing coach!
    Season V - 4-6-1 + Quarter-final loss

RAT POWER!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Graorin laughs, a bit cruelly. "Your goons're all on the ground, elf. Now are you going to dismiss your images and talk to us, or do I have to cut them down one by one? Might hit you by accident once or twice while I'm doing that."

He readies an action to attack if the elf begins casting a spell again (since the elf is going before me, that means Graorin won't be attacking until round 7 unless Eniaol does another full-round spell):

Spoiler
    Show

These rolls will count for Graorin's attack, whether in round 6 or round 7)
    Attack: (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]
    Confirm crit: (1d20+4)[16]
    Crit damage: (1d6+2)[8]

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Eniaol points the wand in his hand behind him and speaks the command, "Quasso." A ringing noise emanates from the tip of the crystal wand that causes the glass to shake and then shatter, spraying tiny fragments in all directions. The elf then steps into the gap that he's left and holds the stolen blade at the ready. "I will not be your prisoner, human! I know what your kind does to prisoners."

Spoiler
    Show
    He acts before you so if this changes your actions please say so.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Since talking is a free action, I'll continue trying to talk to him, but leave my action the same.

"My kind?" Graorin says, switching to Common. "You mean druids, humans, Tse'elaians, or islanders?" he asks mockingly.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Once the conversation plays out, Ben attempts the grapple.

Spoiler
    Show
    (rolls as above)
    Record:

RAT POWER!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Artho looks up from the bloodied body of Golendd and quickly takes in the situation, he sees the Elf up on the window ledge, but he's being dealt with by the looks of it. Turning he sees Auded still fighting with Alric and hefting his Halberd high he turns to charge towards the Dwarf.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Troll in the Playground

Round 6 Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lots of rolls

Alric vs Auded
    Attack with Halberd (1d20+6)[17]
    Confirm [roll]1
    Damage (1d8+2)[5]
    Crit Dmg (1d8+2)[6]

Auded duel handaxes attacking Alric AC19
    Right (1d20+3)[7] and
    Left (1d20+2)[16]
    Right damage (1d6+4)[7] and
    Left damage ((1d6+3)[4]
    Right critical (1d20+3)[23] and
    Left critical (1d20+2)[17]
    Right critical damage (1d6+4)[5] and
    Left critical damage (1d6+3)[5]

Eniaol attack of opportunity against Ben (1d20+4)[17] AC17
    Damage (1d8+2)[3]
    Confirm Critical (1d20+4)[20]
    Critical Damage (1d8+2)[8]

Check to see if he hits an image (1d4)[3] Hits on a 1
    Opposed grapple check (1d20+3)[5] vs Ben's 6

Alric, doing his duty as commanded swings his halberd at the dwarf, Auded who leaps back to avoid the blow only to have the halfling reverse his swing and clip him around the head. It's not a strong blow but it distracts him so that he is completed unprepared when Artho and then Devka charge into him. Artho's own halberd slides along the dwarf's ribs and Devka's dagger slips under his armpit and into his lung. He drops both axes, blinks in shock and then falls to the ground.

Lord Stilt rushes over, "Well done, men, well done. That taught them a lesson, eh?" Ever by now has hauled the lift to the upper floor and puts the chain into the locked position. The ranger frowns at Stilt and clenches his fists menacingly.

Across the room Eniaol knocks Ben's fruitless charge aside with the stolen sword. Though a light blow it's enough to forestall any attempt to knock the elf down. He doesn't even manage to strike one of the images that still shift around him. Kevst emerges from the protection of the table, not wishing to risk shooting his friends but takes careful aim at the elf and waits for an opening. The images flicker and all of them clearly show him reach into a pocket and draw forth an elegant miniature swan figurine that appears to be made from several feathers.

Round 7 Begins

Spoiler
    Show
    Groarin's action comes in the next round as he's waiting for him to start casting a spell. Kevst is doing the same.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-05-15 at 04:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579

SwashbucklerGuy

Artho pauses for a moment, looking down on the dead Dwarf. Wordlessly he drops his Halberd, turns and swings a punch at Stilt's face

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed strike
    attack (1d20+5)[11] Basic melee attack right?
    confirm if crit (1d20+5)[12]
    Dmg (1d2)[1]
    Crit Dmg (2d2)[4]

I think that's right according to SRD!

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Trying to show no effect from the wound in his leg, Ben addresses the retreating elf;

"We've cut one path to you already, we can easily cut through your illusions too! Stop waving your arms about and talk to us; the alternative is to end up in a heap with your dwarf friends. They were just doing their job, and I'm sad they had to be hurt so badly; you on the other hand have a choice in your actions. What's it to be communication or confrontation; cooperation or hospitalisation?"

He holds his new axe in a confident, yet relaxed manner, trying to appear as if a life-or-death battle at dinner (without armour) is an everyday occurrence.

Spoiler
    Show
    diplomacy - (1d20+8)[13]
    Bluff - (1d20+8)[25]
    Record:

RAT POWER!

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

Devka slowly Prowls over to where the elf is cornered; enjoying the feeling of invetiablity of the prey's fall. He licks his lips as he anticpates the feel of sinking his dagger into this hapless victim of his rampage.

Spoiler
    Show

Rage
    Spoiler
    Show

Hp: 32 (23 if Wharendd managed to hit me before he was knocked unconcious)
    Ac: 16
    Str: 19 (+4)
    Con: 19 (+4)
    Will: +5
    Rage lasts 3 more rounds

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Round 7 Summary

Spoiler
    Show
    Kevst attacks (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+1)[8]
    Critical (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[4]

Miss chance (1d4)[3] hits on a 1

Graorin's miss chance (1d4)[4] hits on a 1 unless Kevst hits an image in which case (1d3)[1] hits on a 1

Damage from diving in (1d6)[3]

Kevst's arrow shoots across the room, dispelling one of the images as Ben and Graorin talk to the elf. Graorin, who was waiting to attack sees his opening and stabs. His blow connects with something solid before he slides away, clutching his shoulder.

"My magic is too strong for you. I need only a moment to escape. You have signed the death warrant for this little town. Humans must be controlled or they wage war wherever they are found. They are like wild dogs, best kept on a short leash. I shall return with soldiers and war wizards. Do the sensible thing and lock up the humans so that we can simply take them when we arrive. If we have to take them by force your people will suffer.

Across the room Artho moves to take a swing at Lord Stilt. "See how their mere presence sets servant against master. Brother will fight brother, father will fight son, all because these human scum sow dissent and wickedness wherever they walk. Mark my words!"

With that he turns and dives into the sea below. With a splash somehow avoids the worst of the rocks but the waves will surely dash him against them. However a moment passes and a vessel shaped like a swan surges out of the water. It is large enough to carry four dozen halfings. The elf is dripping wet and clinging to the tiller as it begins to move out to sea at a tremendous pace.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's 20 feet below you and moving away at 60 feet per round. Your elevation negates most of his cover.

The fall would kill most people (assuming most people have 3 hit points) and if it didn't the water would smash them onto the rocks or sweep them out to sea and drown them.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-05-17 at 09:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

Devka sees lord Eniaol jump out of the window and, in his half crazed raging state, nearly jumps out after him. Luckly for him though, the rational comes through and tells him it's a lost cause. Sighing, he sheathes his dagger and calms down. He takes a seat in a nearby chair, turns to the table and starts eating whatever is on the plate infront of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    -2 to strength and dexterity 'til the end of the encounter, so if Lord Stilt tries to fight back against Artho it'll come into play

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Graorin peers out the window. "Someone doesn't like humans." And damn! I had Jump prepared before I summoned the wolf. He turns to face the room, and puts his quarterstaff away, ignoring whatever other fighting may be going on. "Looks like I have yet another reason to go home and leave you folks to it."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Seeing Kevst come out from under the table with his crossbow, Ben realises his friend's intentions and steps aside to make room for him at the window. He is torn between watching the drama unfold with the shot and getting to grips with their host!

He's not going anywhere with that guy Artho on his case; we should probably do something for these Dwarves though; they've done there job and come off worst, but we're not monsters; plus they might know something! Blood on my hands I can handle, it was an unfair fight, but not an unnecessary death; although I'm keeping this axe. I wonder what else they've got?

"Graorin, can we do something for our axe-loving friends here? It'd be wrong to let them; at least without asking some questions first!

Ben winks at Graorin to let him know he is kidding about letting them die.
    Record:

RAT POWER!

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Graorin gives Ben a bit of an incredulous look. So what? Didn't they just try to kill us? Then he sighs. "I can stabilize two of them. Probably won't wake them up, though. Which two?"

17. - Top - End - #587
    Troll in the Playground

Kevst lets loose another bolt that dissipates one of the images around the elf as the others check the dwarves. The three males are all bleeding heavily from their wounds and the woman's cuts have don't seem that bad.

Stilt stands apoplectic in front of Artho. He can scarcely believe that the guard took a swing at him. "How dare you!" she shrieks, "I am your lord and master. You swore an oath to my father to protect this family and uphold out honour. I'll see you out on the streets for this." he points rudely at Ever who is standing by the chains next to Alric. "Bring the lift cage down at once, boy."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't see it anywhere but I'm guessing Artho missed from that

Artho's rage boils over and his voice raises into a roar "You DARE speak of Honour!? Daily you spit on your fathers' name for profit. You carrous with thieves and thugs, and turned me into your Strongarm! Honour drove these men to fight and die" - he gestures at the falen Dwarves " -these..slavers, trading in the freedom of others, had more honour than you could ever understand! You were willing to sell free people to an invading enemy, sell our own! And yet you speak to me of honour? You make me sick, honour prevents me from cutting you down where you stand. But it won't prevent me from handing you over so someone else can" with that he reaches to the back of his belt and pulls out one of his pairs of manacles " I, Artho Standfast, Artho the Boar, withdraw the Oath I made to your father, an honourable man who deserved better than the weasel his son turned out to be " Artho leans close to Stilt's face and growls "I don't work for you anymore"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what would happen if I tried to manacle Stilt and he resists, grapple check? Or if you want the other officials and whatnot to come down first.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I didn't see it anywhere but I'm guessing Artho missed from that
    I mentioned you taking a swing at him but nothing else. Sorry.

Stilt's jaw drops as you start shouting. You remember how his father never shouted, preferring to express his disappointment in his son in other ways. This may be the first time in his life that anyone has raised their voice to him. His stunned silence ends abruptly after you clap him in irons though, "Wait, this isn't fair. I was just doing what was best for Bridge and our people. You can't arrest me. You can't. It isn't fair."

Alric has brought down the lift by the time he finishes his appeal and Ruby Bodger, the elderly counsellor, marches out wagging her finger, "Calkin Cotsman, Lord of Stilt, in the name of the Bridge Merchant Council and the Law of the Isles, I order your arrest on charges of conspiracy and treason. Your father would rise from his resting place if he knew. Artho, Colonel Goldacre, would you take him to the smuggler's gaol please with these other ruffians," she waves a hand at the unconscious dwarves scattered around the dining room. "We can question them tomorrow, I think. This evening has been quite wearisome and I'm still rather hungry." She picks up her chair and sits before her plate. "There's no sense wasting a perfectly good meal, we've only had the soup. What's next?"
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-05-20 at 11:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

"Before you take them away, I'd like to relieve them of their weapons and equipment and, to be honest, to the victor the spoils. If you have no objection we shall take those items that catch our fancy?"

Once the wounded are seen to, Ben strips the chain shirt from the Dwarf they called Belfi, and hands it to Kevst.

"Kevst, I'd like you to have this. Without you watching my back in that fight, I wouldn't be here now; hopefully this may protect you as we'll as you have protected me. Thanks!" as well as holding out the shirt Ben holds out his hand, "even if I believed what we told the mayor in that courtroom, which I don't and i know you don't,I would now consider any debt well repaid!"

Sitting down again, he continues; "the councillor is right, let's eat!"
    Last edited by Delia2531; 2013-05-20 at 12:14 PM.
    Record:

RAT POWER!

21. - Top - End - #591
    Orc in the Playground

Devka smiles, slightly weary from the battle that they had just endured, "Aye; I feast I was promised and a feast I will have."
    He then takes a bread roll from a nearby platter and hungrily devours it then licks his fingers clean from any crumbs.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

The other guests return and the house guard is roused and informed of their lord's arrest. It doesn't take long to remove their equipment or for the guards to return after having taken the survivors to prison. Colonel Goldacre returns to his seat just as the fish course is being taken away.

"That silly boy blubbed like a baby all the way to his cell. Such a let down for the old man. I'm glad he didn't live to see this day." Conversation flows back and forth and the Colonel agrees wholeheartedly that you must take the spoils of your battle, "As a man of action myself we've seize the occasional pirate ship and smuggler. That's a bit different obviously but we sell the vessel to fund our patrols. Very lucrative. Keep it, chaps, keep it all. As long as you pay tax on whatever you sell we'll all be happy.

"Don't worry, it's only 10% of the sale value and if you pass it to a merchant to sell for you then they'll have to pay the taxes direct. It'll go on their fee of course but that can't be helped. Wouldn't mind having one of those breastplates myself. It would look fine in my parlour. I'll sell the lot if you like and give market rates for anything I buy myself. Even open up accounts for you here in Bridge if you don't want to be carrying gemstones around or chests of silver and gold."
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-05-21 at 04:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Seeing that Ben seems to have forgotten about his request to stabilize the dwarves, Graorin shrugs and waits patiently during the confrontation with Lord Stilt and the removal of the injured.

As everyone sits down to eat, he comes up to Athedru and puts a hand on the halfling's shoulder. "I'm going home," he says.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Ben notices the interaction between Graorin and Athedru and listens intently to hear what his giant-friend has to say.

Leaving, after all they've been through so far? Surely with the increased threat from the slavers Graorin can see the need for them to complete their task?

Ben waits to see what their magic-using friend has to say as he is the closest to Graorin; but he's ready to interject if it looks like the giant really will leave.
    Record:

RAT POWER!

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

Devka throughly enjoys his food and digs into it with gusto. He leaves no scraps upon his plate and occasionally leaves no scraps on someone else plate either. He doesn't care that he is being uncivilized or the he is being bad mannered. He is done with trying to appease the courts through these means. If he wants to eat he's going to damm well eat!

That was some good meat. I like good meat. I wonder if dwarves are good meat...? No no no, stop it! Ah look, here's some fish. Nice fishy. Eat the fishy. Tasty fishy. Oh, no more fishy...

So wrapped up is he in enjoying the meal the way meals where originally intended to be enjoyed that he doesn't notice at all what is going with Graorin.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

"Where have you come from anyway, lad? Old Alk was it? That's what I heard. This adventure too much for you, is it? I understand. a Man doesn't like to be too far from home for long." The Colonel throws away these comments as he tucks in to his meal. He occasionally calls for more food and seems to think that it is his mission to try to out eat Devka.

After the fish that Devka wolfs down (and Colonel Goldacre missed) there is a course of orange glazed duck and honey roasted parsnips, turnips, carrots and potatoes in whole garlic cloves. The Colonel abandons his knife and fork and joins Devka in ripping pieces of the birds off with his bare hands.

"Have some mead, lad," he announces after loosening his belt, you won't miss home so much when you've drunk mead from the Isle of Mists itself, "No, how about our native cider? Everybody loves a strong apple cider."

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to speak for Athedru. I think he'd volunteer to go with his friend but be very worried about possible consequences.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Athedru

"Are you sure?" Athedru picks at his food as he talks to Graorin, "What is there for you back there? I thought you left because you wanted to get away from people." He thinks for a minute before adding in a quiet voice, "We'll come with you."

The raven at his shoulder hops down and helps himself to some of the left over fish before turning a black eye on Graorin accusingly. "Do you have people like me where you're from? I mean I'm not going to be the smallest person in the whole country am I?"
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2013-05-22 at 10:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Even when trying to be generous, that loud-mouth Ben finds a way to foul it up. First he 'gives' part of the loot that they were already supposed to be dividing up between them all and acts like it is some big noble gesture, and then he again brings up his insulting offer to 'apprentice' Kevst from the courtroom. Acting as if his 'debt' has been repaid. This guy never stops.

But, despite being an obnoxious, insulting ally, Ben was still an ally. They were in this together, and he had no intention of making waves. He did his best to sound gracious and appreciative, "Thanks Ben. You get my back, and I'll get yours."

At the suggestion they just ignore the blood splattered on the floor, walls and table and resume their feast, Kevst was repulsed. This was his first invitation to high society and they seem far more barbarous than the street thugs he was used to. Slavery, a battle, eating a fancy meal in the aftermath of a bloody fight, Kevst felt far less sympathy for those well to do folks he targeted for his trade. Not that he ever felt much to start with.

At least Devka has no pretenses about his barbarous ways. While still revolted, Kevst can at least respect that. He gives him his food. He had no appetite.

As the meal continued, he heard Graorin announce he was going home. Ben was an obnoxious, insulting ally, Graorin was obnoxious, annoying and hardly an ally at all. He just got them into trouble and put their group at risk while caring nothing for the others. Ben at least tries, the giant was completely indifferent to them. Before the others fall over themselves to keep the sullen, useless giant around, Kevst was sure to be the first to speak up.

"Have a good trip, Graorin. I will help you pack. I think you are doing the right thing, and I thank you for that. Your presence here endangers the people of this island, and endangers all of us. And I can see that you have been miserable from the first moment you were captured and forced to come with us. The authorities at Old Alk has no sway here, and have no sway over me. I say you've earned your freedom and deserve to go where you choose. A nice cave to be on your own again sounds just great. I wish you well."

He didn't wish him well.

He just wanted to be rid of the whiny giant. He did know that this is what Graorin wanted, and despite being fed up with him, Kevst hated the idea of taking someone away from where he wanted to be and doing what he wanted to do. Even humans should be able to enjoy their freedom.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

29. - Top - End - #599
    Orc in the Playground

Through mouthfuls of meat and various other foods Devka replies to the colonel's comments. "Yes, I was at old alk before here but I don't miss it too much. The adventure's life is the life for me. The excitement, the blood pounding in your ears, the roar of the battle, I love it!"

He doesn't even notice that Goldacre is trying to out eat him. He just keeps shoveling down food, barely even tasting it, simply because there is an abundance of it and he is ravenous. At the colonel's suggestion he drains a flagon of mead and then pours some cider down his throat. After a moments thought he declares, "The mead is better", and pours himself some more.

Devka frowns slightly when he realizes that Kevst is giving him all his food but then thanks him heartily and guzzles it down with the rest of his food. Food is very definitely the quickest way to Devka's barbaric heart.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    DC 12 sense motive check on Kevst's comments, as Ben is trying to do the right thing.
    (1d20+6)[7]

To Kevst Ben says, "That was a great shot you made from the window, I've never been anygood with one of those things; perhaps you could show me how to do it some time?"

I may have misjudged this kid, he seems alright! Ben entirely fails to detect any sarcasm in Kevst's reply and fully believes that things are rosy between the two of them!
    Last edited by Delia2531; 2013-05-22 at 11:51 AM.
    Record:

RAT POWER!