New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Old Appleoosa

Elestre stared into the smoke, his eyes widening. He moved to take a stubborn step towards Eledwhen. "Whatever's up there; Celestia, Luna, moon-spirits, help me."

Then he collapsed, the beacon winking out.

[Tag: Lycan 01 if the star-spirits respond to him, anybody else who responds to his collapse.]
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ghastly Gorge - East Rim]

Well, the point was that the water is hilariously lethal to not Alicorns/Ghouls.

Ebon sighs in relief somewhat to the knowledge that most of his allies did escape alive, at least, though a tear falls from his eye upon learning of Shadow Stride's death. Just one. He may not have known her, but that was just one more life that he had failed to save.

And then that question, one of the few that he lacked an answer to. This was the question he'd avoided for his entire adult life, and even now hesitated.

"I..."

Out with it, Ebon.

"I don't know. I've lived for naught but vengeance for such time that I don't even know what I'd do were it to be complete."

...Oh dear.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky begins to snore softly. Well, at least he's still alive...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Old Appleoosa

Elestre stared into the smoke, his eyes widening. He moved to take a stubborn step towards Eledwhen. "Whatever's up there; Celestia, Luna, moon-spirits, help me."

Then he collapsed, the beacon winking out.

[Tag: Lycan 01 if the star-spirits respond to him, anybody else who responds to his collapse.]
    And then Luka arrives, still carrying ragdollized Shadow on his back and staggering around, then when he arrives

"...Wait CRAP! ELESTRE!"

He just yells out and then rushes to try to help him, he lets Shadow slide off, starts checking how bad he is and notices how freaking hurt he is, panic ensues and he drops his medkit and starts grabbing stuff from there, mostly just badages and disinfecting/numbing stuff, then would try to get him stable until he can get him where he can fully heal him.

[Tag: Drowlord and anyone in the group that's already there]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Ranger, the Griffon, the Foal

Power barding... well armed it seems. The griffon seems to be sizing up Lamianos, determining if he's a threat and to who. He doesn't respond in body language to the rather aggressive greeting.

"Like many likely, trying to figure out what suddenly decided to start killing slavers."

Old Appleoosa
    "Kid, you calm enough to know what you're doing there?" Finder asks moving in to also try and come up with a diagnostic. Luckily being out on one's own requires some medical know-how and he's got some training from... well he knows enough.

Nothing like something else horrible to take your mind of being a unicorn in a place where you know an Alicorn has been walking around.

[First-Aid]The stallion will, obviously, help out how he can.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-10-02 at 03:44 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Old Appaloosa - Outside of Town]

[First Aid Success]

By some miracle, and thanks to the help of his friends, Elestre manages to cling to life. He's still seriously wounded, though, with multiple gunshot wounds, and likely major internal injuries, trauma, and bleeding. He needs serious medical care - ASAP.

[Tag: Purity, Luka, Cerberus, Drow]

7. - Top - End - #307

Old Appleoosa

Elestre manages, with great effort, to open one eye. He croaks something unintelligible, trying to stand up again but failing badly. He then closes his eye again.

Oh well. At least he's alive.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ranger, The Griffon, the Foal

Lamianos' strict figure loosens and he lets out a breathe. His form slumping before saying "Dah. That was a group of bright eyed booshy tailed idealists. They got crushed underneath slaver hooves pretty bad."

[TAG MCerberus]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #309

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Old Appleoosa
    "Kid, you calm enough to know what you're doing there?" Finder asks moving in to also try and come up with a diagnostic. Luckily being out on one's own requires some medical know-how and he's got some training from... well he knows enough.

Nothing like something else horrible to take your mind of being a unicorn in a place where you know an Alicorn has been walking around.

[First-Aid]The stallion will, obviously, help out how he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Old Appaloosa - Outside of Town]

[First Aid Success]

By some miracle, and thanks to the help of his friends, Elestre manages to cling to life. He's still seriously wounded, though, with multiple gunshot wounds, and likely major internal injuries, trauma, and bleeding. He needs serious medical care - ASAP.

[Tag: Purity, Luka, Cerberus, Drow]
    Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Old Appleoosa

Elestre manages, with great effort, to open one eye. He croaks something unintelligible, trying to stand up again but failing badly. He then closes his eye again.

Oh well. At least he's alive.

He would just sigh of relief after putting a hoof over Elestre and making sure he's stabilized.

"Thanks, now we should get him either back to town or just somewhere we can get him healed... Last choice would be right here" He eyes some tweezers he has in his medkit.

[Medicine] He tries to check if it's possible to get elestre any better; read as: if it's possible to pull bullets out safely.

[Tag: Lycan, MCerberus, Drowlord, PurityIcekiller]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Old Appaloosa

[Medicine Success]

The bullets ripped their way straight through his body, leaving horrendous exit wounds. Stemming the bleeding and reducing the trauma through the use of healing potions and magical bandages is the best option on hoof right now. However, depending on the severity of his internal injuries, he will likely need several potions. And there is always a risk that the organs will regenerate in the improper position, especially if there is a broken rib or bullet fragments.

Expert medical care is the best solution, if possible. Magical bandages and sips of potion will stem the bleeding and keep him stable enough for transportation.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Old Appaloosa]

Night Jewel skipped over. "It looks like you lot have been through some rough things. Next time, we're going to be more careful and verify our reconnaissance first."

She examined Elestre, then shook her head. "Dang it, I'm an engineer, not a doctor. The most I can do is help carry him, unless you're willing to try some highly experimental surgery attempts."

[New Appaloosa]

"All right, then. I'll get some bandages for him, and something for your brains. All that drinking can't have left you in a good state. You stay here and sort yourself out." With that, Bright Eyes was off.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-10-02 at 06:15 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky begins to snore softly. Well, at least he's still alive...
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [New Appaloosa]

"All right, then. I'll get some bandages for him, and something for your brains. All that drinking can't have left you in a good state. You stay here and sort yourself out." With that, Bright Eyes was off.

[New Appleloosa-Tavern rented room]

Gwendolyn watched in embarrassed silence as Bright Eyes left. She then turned her head to Lucky, her eyes flaring in flushed embarrassment, her cheeks slightly puffed.

"M-Mister Lucky...i-if you're not dead....I apologize for throwing my rifle at you..."
    She blurghed out and then stared at her talons in front of her.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky gives a small snort, and his left wing gives a slight twitch. However, rather than wake up, he just continues to snore softly.

"Mrrrerg..." he mutters in his sleep. "Hurg... Talking mudcrab merchant... Hrrrk..."

Oh dear. It seems he's talking in his sleep. This could be interesting...

14. - Top - End - #314

[Ghastly Gorge East Rim]

That replay gets a small, sad smile from the alicorn. When We join with Unity memory is stripped away. We do not forget... We simply remember too much. If you are joined to Unity as you are now all that will remain in your heart is the darkness and hatred of your vengeance. You may become another empty vessel of the Goddess' will... else you will be filled with contempt and arrogance, becoming another being like Blackheart.

Pity. Sadness. Concern. All quite apparent in the alicorn's telepathic voice.

Who you are and what you stand for remains within Unity. Though I recall neither my name nor my special talent I am... similar... to the pony I was before. I believe that. I must believe that. We do not lose everything in Unity, despite what ponies say about Us.

Well!

That's interesting to know. Sounds like she's suggesting-

You MUST find who you are, Ebon. You must find who you are beyond vengeance and hate. Or you will spend eternity within Unity as a vengeful, hateful instrument of the Goddess' wrath. And... the Goddess has many such ponies already...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky gives a small snort, and his left wing gives a slight twitch. However, rather than wake up, he just continues to snore softly.

"Mrrrerg..." he mutters in his sleep. "Hurg... Talking mudcrab merchant... Hrrrk..."

Oh dear. It seems he's talking in his sleep. This could be interesting...

Maybe, but it didn't seem like Gwendolyn was going to take the bait and press for answers as he slept. Instead, his comment about talking mudcrab merchants gets a quizzical look as all she can think about is her shame for sleeping with a person she was to be a bodyguard to, for the second time.

She flopped back on the bed and pulled the covers over her head.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

After a few minutes, the snoring stops.

"Gwendolyn? You still in here?" Lucky's voice quietly asks from the floor, in an almost uncharacteristically timid tone. "Or have I been left to die? I've probably been left to die..."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleloosa

There was a muffled 'yes' from the bed.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa - Tavern]

Lucky lays silently for a moment. He then lets out a small sigh. "Ignoring the fact... that I probably have a concussion right now... I would like to apologize," his tone a mixture of sincerity and trying not to cry in pain.

"Honestly, I don't remember a damned thing from yesterday afternoon. So, I don't know who's fault this is. But, we should probably play it safe and assume it was me," he grunts. "I have a black eye, after all. I probably earned it..." He probably also earned all the scratches on his back. But he's trying not to think about that right now.

The pegasus battered lets out another small sigh.

"I'm sorry..."

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa - Tavern]

"Probably.....but...I'm sorry too...for throwing my rifle at you...that was...unnecessary of me,"
    She said, still not coming out from underneath the blanket. "Frankly...I don't even remember what happened last night either...I hate black outs.."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Firbolg in the Playground

Old Appleoosa - Now leaving

Finder takes a moment to look back towards the slaver town and notices a dull ache in one of his legs. He looks down and, joy of joys, he seems to have taken a flesh-wound at some point. It's just now the 'I'm going to die' rush is wearing off. Still, the scavver can walk on his own.

"Well I'm no good at most medical things beyond keeping a pony from dying where they stand, so we should be getting to Doc's."

Finder shakes his head. "Legion attacks, organized slavers, and the Ranger going chem-crazy and charging out... we're going to have a lot to talk about to her and anypony who's anypony while we're there."

He uses some of his telekinesis to lighten the load on whoever is carrying Elestre. Someone should tell him about the whole betrayal thing at some point though.

The Ranger, the Griffon, the Foal

Razoreye takes in what the pony says for a moment, mulling things over for a moment. After this moment passes, he lets out a small guffaw before replying, "Well at least they died doing something. Seems the style to complain about the wastes until you're killed by it."

He becomes a little more serious once again. "Begs the question of how you found out about it though."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Toward Shattered Hoof][/B]

Cue a restful and uneventful night!

No gunshots. No raiders. And certainly no tainted quarray eels.

How swell.

Come morning Rusty will find Sivr prodding at him.
    Rusty seems to have fallen asleep with some sort of single-ear head set on, a blocky little white thing wrapped around his left ear, connected by a cable to something in his bags.

"Mrrgle. Pancakes or go 'way."
    This seems familiar. A strange unwillingness to wake up.

Although, as he rolls over to go back to sleep Sivr can probably hear the crackle of...an incredibly loud foghorn blown into the pony's ear, from the headset.

Which results in him snapping to his feet in a little panic.
    "Are we dying?!"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky grunts. "Hey, at least you didn't hit me in the face. Again. For like the eighth time," he says, before chuckling softly. The chuckle is quickly cut off. "Ow-it-hurts-to-laugh-sweet-Luna-why."

He sits in silence a moment. Then a thought crosses his mind.

"Uh... where's my hat?"

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Old Appleoosa - Now leaving

Finder takes a moment to look back towards the slaver town and notices a dull ache in one of his legs. He looks down and, joy of joys, he seems to have taken a flesh-wound at some point. It's just now the 'I'm going to die' rush is wearing off. Still, the scavver can walk on his own.

"Well I'm no good at most medical things beyond keeping a pony from dying where they stand, so we should be getting to Doc's."

Finder shakes his head. "Legion attacks, organized slavers, and the Ranger going chem-crazy and charging out... we're going to have a lot to talk about to her and anypony who's anypony while we're there."

He uses some of his telekinesis to lighten the load on whoever is carrying Elestre. Someone should tell him about the whole betrayal thing at some point though.
    "I would... try to pulls out bullet fragments, but I don't think the right conditions would be met"

He goes back and picks up Shadow Stride's body again, loading her on his back, possibly now too loaded to carry Elestre; just then is when he felt guilt hitting him again.

"....I'm sorry, this wouldn't have happened if I just did this myself.... And if I didn't trust Lamianos, he's a traitor, he kept me tied inside the warehouse and took my gun, also made Ebon shoot his magic at the slaves...Shouldn't have trusted him and brought all into this trap...."

[Tag: MCerberus, PurityIcekiller, Drowlord (If Elestre even could)]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky grunts. "Hey, at least you didn't hit me in the face. Again. For like the eighth time," he says, before chuckling softly. The chuckle is quickly cut off. "Ow-it-hurts-to-laugh-sweet-Luna-why."

He sits in silence a moment. Then a thought crosses his mind.

"Uh... where's my hat?"
    Gwendolyn found herself staring at Lucky for a moment.She then shifted and felt something slightly lumpy underneath her.

Moments later she held up Lucky's hat, or at least a semblance of a hat. It was totally flat.

"Eh....my apologies Mister Lucky....but ah...here's your hat."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky cranes his neck, wincing slightly from the effort, and looks up onto the bed to see the current state of his hat.

He stares.

And stares.

And stares.

"You know what?" he finally deadpans. "Why don't you hang on to it a bit longer?"

Quite frankly, after everything that hat had likely witnessed and experienced, he didn't want it near him right now. Especially if she just found it where he thinks she found it.

The pegasus gingerly lays his face back down on the floor. He stays silent for a few seconds, before making a small deadpan snark. "In fact, maybe you should just keep it. As a trophy. Because you apparently conquered not only me, but my beloved hat as well."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-10-03 at 01:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn

The griffon furiously blushes and throws it hat his way, it lands two feet to his side. "Please....I don't really want to hear of that....I find myself....embarrassed...." She admittedly and stared at the sheets in front of her.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appaloosa]

Lucky watches his hat sail overhead and land nearby. The pegasus lets out a weary sigh. "Miss Gwendolyn... I am sincerely sorry for all this. And I think it is safe to say we're both quite embarrassed about this. But if it is any consolation, I think I might be slightly worse off than you."

He raises his head slightly, to give the griffin a sidelong glance. "I mean, it's bad enough that I got drunk and made a total fool of myself, and likely destroyed any and all trust you'll ever have in me....." he pauses, and averts his gaze for a moment, before looking back at Gwendolyn. "And it's also bad enough that Bright Eyes will likely never let me live this down. But no, it gets worse for me."

"You see," he tilts his head slightly, trying to look her in the eyes if she'll afford him a glance. "Right before you woke up, you started hugging me. And the terrified little squeaky noises I made were extremely un-stallionlike. In fact, I sounded like a teddy bear, or some other similar toy. So, while you may be embarrassed," he gives her a wry look and a small smile, "At least your dignity is in much better shape than mine."

Hopefully a bit of self-deprecating humor on his behalf will cheer her up...

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

[New Appleloosa]

"Let's just both say our dignities took a nose dive instead of you trying to out-dignify your dignity in a compare and contrast manner," The
    embarrassed griffon replied staring at her talons still.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[New Appleloosa]

Lucky tries to shrug, but winces as the motion causes more pain than it was worth. "Ow. Yeah... Guess you're right..." he grumbles, returning his gaze to the floor.

The pegasus stares at the ground in silence for a moment. "So..." he finally mutters. "This where we part ways?"

He casts another sidelong glance at the griffin, his eyes showing no trace of humor or lightheartedness. "I can't see why you''d have much reason left to travel with an idiot like me after this fiasco..." he grunt, his voice laced with audible irritation with himself.

He then returns his gaze to the floor, and lays his head down in pain and shame. "I wouldn't fault you for it, to be honest..." he quietly murmurs.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn stared at her talons, then closed and eyes and took a deep breath. "Because you're an idiot, Mister Lucky, is a reason why I can't just ditch you." She said as she then turned her head to look at him.

"Of course, I don't forgive you Mister Lucky, but I don't hate you,"
    She exhaled and then clenched her talons into balls gripping sheets. "....Could have had worse...I suppose....at least from what the sounds of it....I enjoyed.....myself....at least.." Flushed.