New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Southwestern Equestria- Facility Room 3:29 PM

"Holy -...... What is this?.... Well, whatever it is, it's definetely not gods." he says. A thought comes to his mind and he checks to be sure his knives are still in place. Reassured he moves his way over to the gauges and begins looking them over. Maybe there was something here that could raise or lower the water level?

[TAG Benson]
    Southwestern Equestria- Facility Room 3:29 PM

These gauges seemed more like they were monitoring something, words like magic levels were tossed around. In terms of loot it did not have much going for it, well except the monitoring machines and obvious tank of water, but terms of loot one could carry? It had nothing noteworthy except for maybe an audio recording on one of the terminals if he looked hard enough. There was also a door.
    The Room.
    Spoiler
    Show

=============================

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Lucky then trots over to Gwendolyn, and kneels down to help her with the banged up colt. He holds the foal steady or moves him as needed, so Gwendoly can properly apply bandages or whatever other treatments are needed. "Shame about his sis. Or mom. Whoever she was..." Lucky sighs sadly, in reference to the deceased mare. "The folks in New Appleloosa should be able to take good care of him, though."

He pauses, surveying the youth's wounds. "Makes you wonder what kinda monsters would do......." his voice trails off. His expression grows grim, and a hard look forms in his eyes. "Oh. Right. We can just ask him when he wakes up," he states with a low growl.

Miles North of New Appleloosa

"Hopefully,"
    She replied quietly in regards about finding folks in NA to take of him.

"Yes, do expect a full on interrogation where we are both bad cops."
    She said, not trying to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Train to Fillydelphia - Passenger Car]

The stallion sloooooooowly turns around and finds the ghoul in his personal space.

"GAH!"

He really should have expected this. But it still isn't very comforting to have a ghoul that close all of a sudden.

"Don't sneak up on me like that you rotten son-of-a-mule! Go check on the slaves or something. Make sure they aren't up to anything."

Crossbones doesn't even wait for a reply. He's too busy putting some distance between himself and the undead pony
    Slaver Train

Swift Star stared at the pony who insulted him. It was hard to determine the expression underneath the mask and goggles that covered his face. He then covertly glanced at his pipbuck on his leg and glanced at the E.F.S. It amused him that these ponies were marked in the red.

He gave the pony a slight nod of the head and then sorta just disappeared into a nearby window on this passenger cart.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    The older mare smiles, faintly, as the situation abruptly seems calmer.
    Good.
    This is no time for fighting.
    "I think they left a guard or two nearby, but I doubt it will be a problem for you."
    Just a teensy little side quest with potentially nice rewards.
    "Well, just in case..." Bright Eyes took the head off her baton, removed the crystal, and replaced it with a fresh one. It wasn't a good idea to try that kind of thing with only one shot left.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob
    Meanwhile, the mare who is listlessly prodding at her food stares up at Bright Eyes for just a moment, her own gaze the one who has (at least very nearly) considered giving up all hope. In those eyes, silent despair lives.

The stallion next to her mumbles a little under his breath, after he takes another nibble.
    "She'll eat when she's ready."
    Bright Eyes shook her head. Despair was something she despised, and she refused to let it drag anyone down. "Not another one..." After a moment, though, she smiled again. "Come on, eat. Giving up isn't worth the lack of effort, you know!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #873
    Barbarian in the Playground

Slaver Train

Elestre gritted his teeth as his broken leg screamed with pain. Wonderful.

"Look, guys. We need to make a decision quickly. We're closing in on Fillydephia every moment we waste, so I'd advise getting out of here. I can illusion all of us as cacti or dunes and get us out of here. If it doesn't work, I'll just shield us and try to take the slavers on. But first, we need to get out of here!"

Radroach Sewers

Sparky dodged lithely as the saliva whistled over his head, hoping he could avoid the saliva for as long as possible. "Missed me!"

He leaped up and got back to attacking the huge radroach, his swordtip whistling with vicious strength toward its carapace. The blade buzzed with shocking electricity.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-10-24 at 02:48 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

4. - Top - End - #874

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Slaver Train

Elestre gritted his teeth as his broken leg screamed with pain. Wonderful.

"Look, guys. We need to make a decision quickly. We're closing in on Fillydephia every moment we waste, so I'd advise getting out of here. I can illusion all of us as cacti or dunes and get us out of here. If it doesn't work, I'll just shield us and try to take the slavers on. But first, we need to get out of here!"
    He just looked at the younger colt
    "You should keep your splint. Yeah, we need to get out, but we also need to make sure we can be ok if we do, finding the stuff could be possibly the better way? we also could run into more slaves and that sort of thing. Now we need to open that door."
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #875

[Train to Fillydelphia - Stock Car]

Let us see...

Barred windows. They're pretty small though. Too small for a pony to fit out of even with the bars gone. Door is the sliding sort. Locked with a padlock from the outside. If a unicorn with solid TK and lockpicking skill is about they could probably peer through the window and pick the padlock. Then there's the watch on the roof. Even reaching that thing is difficult.

Let alone seeing it in the dark. If not for the lamp on that PipBuck the party probably wouldn't have even noticed it.

It's latched shut as well. But the mechanism is on the outside and there's no way to see it.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Firbolg in the Playground

Slaver Train

If only there were a unicorn that could pick locks, is good under stress, and greatly desires to use his magic after the last few minutes...

Alright, Finder asks one of the non-Luka pegasi for one more 'pick'. "Alright, going to need to give this all of my attention, so I may not hear anypony that talks. We'll need somepony to hold the door shut so it doesn't suddenly fly open and expose us."

[lockpick]This is going to take a little luck, some time, and a lot of juice being pumped into his focus spell.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #877

Slaver Train

Elestre blocked a small spot in the door's frame, using telekinesis to hold it shut. He turned to the other ponies in the slave car. "You guys heard the plans? We're going to jump off the train as soon as we get the door open. I hope I can get you all out of here alive. While Finder is working on the door, are there any of you that are wounded and I could heal, that need a splint, or just that I could help? I don't have much, but I might be able to help you."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

8. - Top - End - #878

[Slaver Train - Whoever got his legs smashed in a lottery]

"When the door's opened, everypony should be able to jump off, just brace for landing"

Then turns to Finder and Elestre

"We should be able to get to the next boxcars after this, maybe with more slaves, and possibly the slavers have one with equipment, weapons and barding, possibly with ours too"
    Yup, it seemed a bit too much like Old Appleloosa

[Tag: MCerberus, Drowlord]
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Radroach Sewers

Sparky dodged lithely as the saliva whistled over his head, hoping he could avoid the saliva for as long as possible. "Missed me!"

He leaped up and got back to attacking the huge radroach, his swordtip whistling with vicious strength toward its carapace. The blade buzzed with shocking electricity.

The giant cockroach, seemed to be made of extra fortitude stuffs withstood the electricity and blade. It was damaged, but it was hard to tell just how much.

"Ack.....ack....idea.....we lure it into the water....then ya zap it something good?"
    Steel Creel shot again, it hissed and turned its attention toward him and started to scuttle towards him, plopping down onto the ground.
    ----------------------------

Slaver Train Cart

Surprises. There was no warning, no sound, not even the sound of a hatch opening on top, not by this one certain pony.

But a surprise! choking smoke bomb would be let into the enclosed train cart filled with PCs. It was a blinding smoke, the sort that would take sometime to clear, especially having had been so concentrated in here.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Ponyville- What a Nice fellow

What a nice fellow! Well, with the looming threat of hidden deus ex machina ponies lurking about now dismissed Lamianos had other things to handle. "Well that's good. I hope you enjoy fireworks!" he says, his voice still nice and chipper. His smile falters at the sight of Razoreye, his eyes cringing as his state of self flickers. Great, it's wearing off. Groggily he shakes his head, most of the hallucinations flittering away from sight..... Was that blood on his helmet?

Meh

The Ex Ranger turns towards where Razoreye is and motions him over with Pineapple Blast "Good work everyone. We have the Raiders all cornered up now. Whether that's good or bad has yet to be seen. Personally my gut reaction is to shoot off a missile with some grenades into the library. A well aimed shot could wipe them all out. But then we'd get nothing out of this, thoughts?" He paces for a bit, glancing at the town every second "And what the buck is with the buzzing sound? I don't want to just walk in their and peak my head in but simply blowing it to smitherens won't give us anything either..... I'm not very stealthy in this suit of armor, and Pineapple doesn't seem to be too agile either.... Not to say your fat or anything., the Chimera quickly explaining himself so as to not offend a potential lady friend, the wasteland was so lonely and cold, and Lamianos liked a mare who could blow things up with the best of them "So I think we should just move into town. Taking one of the entrances and securing it so we can beat a hasty retreat if things go south. From their me and Razoree will work our way to the Library. From their Razoreye you'll need to look around for some perch that we can look into the library with, otherwise i'm going to have to put my balls on the chopping block and see if I can get close enough to look personally. Anybody got a different plan?"

Drug induced rampages were fun and all, but now it was time to serious the buck up. Srs bsns.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Ponyville

And so ends the ballad of murder Santa. Razoreye lands and gives a harsh glance at the strangers. "And you're with?" He doesn't wait too long for an answer before getting to Lamianos.

"There should be locking mechanisms on the entrances if they're smart. While I see who's in the library, you should disable them."
    He takes another glance towards town. Cowardly, most likely, but they retreated somewhere where they're cornered. Dangerous, but easy to slaughter with splash weaponry. "And it's good you're back. Chems mess with your mind too much."
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Ponyville

Well, I as a player am not quite sure how I feel about Lamia having a crush. She doesn't seem especially offended, though.

"Well, I'm not exactly the best planner around. I do have some landmines and normal pull-the-pin grenades if you can think of a use for them, though."

She would probably agree that sticking one's head in is a terrible idea, and while she's not entirely against blowing the place sky-high, she's also able to recognize that such a method doesn't exactly meet the stated goals of this operation.

While she's on the ground, of course, she takes a moment to reload her Grenade Launcher. She still has a fair supply of weaponry in that oversized saddlebag of hers, with 12 grenades for use in a grenade launcher, 6 for use by pin removal and throwing, and 10 inactive fragmentation mines. There's also a hoofknife in there, and some bottles of various chemicals.

[Ponyville]

"Everypony enjoys fireworks."
    Although judging from his continued lack of tone, this pony doesn't necessary seem to agree. Or maybe he's just bad at sounding excited?

And then Lamianos seems done talking to him, so he resumes staring at the town, although he is listening in on the planning.
    Kind of hard not to, when they're right there.

Although Razoreye decides to talk at him some too.
    Which draws out a brief glance and the first ghost of a smile.
    "I'm with me."

Which sounds unnecessarily cryptic...but is entirely true.
    There does not seem to be anypony else remotely nearby, other than Lami's group and the raiders in town.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    And Gwendolyn would remove him from on top of the dead mare and attend to his wounds.

"What happened exactly? Where are you from?"
    Shed the older mare and stallion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Naturally, the gems bonk him. Thankfully, they don't hit hard enough to cause any harm. "Always the face," Lucky deadpans as the precious stones drop to the dirt. He bends down, stuffs them into his hat, then raises his head back up to look at Bright Eyes. "You realize I was drunk off my ass and trying to dance with a griffin when you tripped me, right?" He pauses. Wait a second, Gwendolyn helped trip him. And then they smacked their faces together.

No more whiskey.

"Alright, fine, yer competent," the pegasus sighs with a roll of his eyes. "Anyhoo, I'll make sure things are smoothed over with Flim and Flam in a minute. Lemme just go help Miss Gwendolyn real quick. See ya Bright Eyes..." he says with a tip of his hat.

Lucky then trots over to Gwendolyn, and kneels down to help her with the banged up colt. He holds the foal steady or moves him as needed, so Gwendoly can properly apply bandages or whatever other treatments are needed. "Shame about his sis. Or mom. Whoever she was..." Lucky sighs sadly, in reference to the deceased mare. "The folks in New Appleloosa should be able to take good care of him, though."

He pauses, surveying the youth's wounds. "Makes you wonder what kinda monsters would do......." his voice trails off. His expression grows grim, and a hard look forms in his eyes. "Oh. Right. We can just ask him when he wakes up," he states with a low growl.

Miles North of New Appleloosa

"Hopefully,"
    She replied quietly in regards about finding folks in NA to take of him.

"Yes, do expect a full on interrogation where we are both bad cops."
    She said, not trying to be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Well, just in case..." Bright Eyes took the head off her baton, removed the crystal, and replaced it with a fresh one. It wasn't a good idea to try that kind of thing with only one shot left.

Bright Eyes shook her head. Despair was something she despised, and she refused to let it drag anyone down. "Not another one..." After a moment, though, she smiled again. "Come on, eat. Giving up isn't worth the lack of effort, you know!"

What happened? Where are you from?
    Looks like Bright Eyes asks popular questions, as they are now springing from yet another mouth.

The stallion takes up the mantle of answering this time.
    "Our village had a taint infection.
    We jumped ship.
    We got captured.
    You killed our capturers."

Very bluntly and succinctly. Although the "where" specifics seem vague.
    Rather intentionally.
    If they pushed, they could probably get more information on that.

The mare just looks somewhat sad though, clearly reminded of something unpleasant.
    "From a nightmare into a bad dream...technically an improvement."

Over by the despair-mare, Bright Eyes seems to be making more progress fiddling with that baton than making the mare eat.
    Beyond nudging at the food again, his words are falling upon muted ears as she crawls deeper into her memories. A case of mental shock, as it were.

Although she is getting that other stallion to talk more, technically?
    "She'll be fine. We'll be fine."
    Although he's starting to sound more like he's talking to himself, than Bright...
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-24 at 06:54 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #881
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fond Farewells, With a Side of Justice

Lucky rises to his hooves, and tilts his hat to the mare. "Eh, you know what they say," he remarks with a charming smile. "It's always darkest before the dawn."

He then gives a bat of his wings, and rises into a hover. "Well, not much else I can really do here. I'm gonna go repay Flim and Flam, and deal with... other business." He gives a wave to the freed slaves, and Bright Eyes. "You folks take care, now. And when you get to New Appleloosa, get yourselves some food from Miss Martini. Tell her to put it all on Lucky Break's tab."

He gives a final tip of his hat, then flies off down the hill.

At the bottom of the hill, Lucky pauses and stares dubiously at Flim and Flam. They're both still cowering behind opposite brahmin, looking like kicked dogs. "Um... Do I even want to know?" he deadpans as he slowly hovers closer.

"Miss Gwendolyn is scary," Flim mutters with shell-shocked eyes.

Flam nods. "And she certainly has the 'angry momma bird' role down quite well..." he murmurers furtively.

Hopefully she doesn't fly in right as he says that...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Facility Room 3:30 PM

Well, when all else fails push random buttons! And that's just want Maul decides to do while he turns the audio recording on. Slowly changing things around to see what happens, and then changing them back if things looked bad. He had no idea what he was doing, but hell, those knobs and do hickeys were shiny.

Ponyville

"And you're with you, and we're with us, and they're with them, and i'm at me," Lamianos throws in at the solemn pony. Very unnerving that one "Hmm, I don't have much lock pick training and I doubt Miss Blast here does either. So bow about we just rig one one of those landmines onto the gate and try to blow it off it's hinges? Not like we can't get it fixed..." he looks back over to Ponyville "You be careful over there Razoreye. Last thing I need is for you to almost get killed twice. If we haven't made our way into town somehow and you've found something useful then circle back around and we can regroup to get another plan going..... Mind if I borrow those?" Lamianos asks the stranger, probably a bit more forcefully then intended but he didn't care for finesse at the moment.

[TAG Chaotic, MCerberus, Obliviom]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #883

The giant cockroach, seemed to be made of extra fortitude stuffs withstood the electricity and blade. It was damaged, but it was hard to tell just how much.

"Ack.....ack....idea.....we lure it into the water....then ya zap it something good?"
    Steel Creel shot again, it hissed and turned its attention toward him and started to scuttle towards him, plopping down onto the ground.
    ----------------------------

Slaver Train Cart

Surprises. There was no warning, no sound, not even the sound of a hatch opening on top, not by this one certain pony.

But a surprise! choking smoke bomb would be let into the enclosed train cart filled with PCs. It was a blinding smoke, the sort that would take sometime to clear, especially having had been so concentrated in here.
    Slaver Train

Elestre's eyes widened as he threw out an instinctive shield over the slaves which hopefully blocked some of the smoke. He then grunted and almost keeled over with the effort of blocking the smoke. He wasn't going to attack, but his defense would hopefully not be assaulted again until Finder was done lockpicking the door. If not, well, time to get that improvised weaponry of his to use.

When Radroaches Attack

Sparky nodded, swinging his gently sparking sword in front of him as he retreated towards the water. He yelled:

"Hey, big guy! Come and get me!"
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

14. - Top - End - #884

Slaver Train Cart

Oh, nice, suddenly smoke
    The colt drops to the ground, [Science and Medicine]if the smoke's really the kind he thinks it is, it could rise into the air and leave most of the oxigen near the ground.
    He thinks it could be a trap set up there in case they were exactly doing that.... Or it's even possibly a slaver
    "Augh! everypony get down! and if you can, look for where it starts coming from!"
    He gets down and starts flapping around looks for where the grenade could be, possibly looking from near the ground could help?
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #885

Slaver Train

Well to say that Finder was a bit away from the smoke mentally would be an understatement. Through the haze, he's still standing there by the window, engulfed in a magical aura. The stallion doesn't really even caugh, just sort of wheezes while breathing normally, focused on the lock.

Ponyville

Without another word, and just assuming the other two can figure out what they'll do on their own, Razoreye takes off once again to head for the library. He's alone this time, but that means no crazy pony afraid of heights or whatever her issue was.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-10-24 at 10:40 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Some Miles North of New Appleloosa

Gwendolyn, did not appear and pop up, Flam wasn't that lucky.

"Where was your village?"
    Gwendolyn asked as she finished up with the little colt, poor thing really needed to eat and drink right now.
    ==========================

Southwestern Equestria- Facility Room 3:33 PM

Messing with knobs seemed to set off alarms, unmessing with knobs stopped the noise. As for the recording...

Haha...we finally found it...we finally found the hidden water talisman...And they said it didn't exist out here...well fool on them. The downside...was that it was broken...well partially. But we were able to use it, so as long as well we had raw unicorn magic powering it.

Damnit...we lost another unicorn. The water talisman seems to be going through our...willing volunteers like nothing. We need something more resistant---

Haha!...A ghoul, it was great that the desert gave us a gift of this drifter unicorn ghoul. Its an abomination anyway, the settlement is being done a favor. Just needs a little radiation to keep its magical strength up, we got this---

Crap. We underestimated our ghoul tool. Creature has been poisoning our water---

S***.....systems had an overload, radiation levels threatening our supplies. We need to destroy the creature...we need to--

================================

Attack of the Giant Radroach!

The radroach sharply swung its head, saliva flinging off towards Steel Creel. He panicked and brought his rifle in front of him like a lame shield. It seemed to work as the acid saliva hit the hunting rifle and....acid'd it in half. "Oh Vera...." Steel Creel went all watery eye. Somehow he remembered to keep Sparky in the spotlight with the flashlight despite all this.

Regardless, the giant radroach scuttled after Stormy Skies down the submerged stairs into the nasty water.
    ======================================

Slaver Train Cart

It didn't rise so quickly, it would be a while. It could be tough to find with only the dimmed light of the pipbuck, made dimmer of course because of the smoke.

The hatch closed and locked. Swift Star saw what he needed. He stood on top of the train cart roof and hung upside down with via a grappling hook system and rope. He could plainly see Finder trying to unlock the padlock.

Finder would see a flicker of horn magic light, and then, a blinding flash right in front of him.

Any other slavers near by patrolling on the cart tops, if some were doing that, could see this light and raise alarms or whatever. Or they could ignore it. Swift Star was simply doing his job of not letting slaves escape and letting his fellow co workers know something was up over here.

17. - Top - End - #887

[Train Ride - Passenger Car]

BOOF!

Do bright flashing lights go boof?

They might go boof if they make any noise at all.

ANYWHO!

"What the buck was that?" one of the slavers pips up, a sickly yellow unicorn mare.

Crossbones grinds his teeth. "The maggot-farm's signal. Unless he's screwing with us the slaves must be up to something. Go signal the pullers to stop as soon as they can. Looks like we've got some slaves to teach a thing or two."

dun Dun DUN?

18. - Top - End - #888

[Slaver train] - And now in comes a ninja! What have you got against us man??!

Well, Swift maybe be doing his job, but to Luka's point of view, his job assists bad stuff.

He keeps looking for the grenade, especially around where the smoke seems to be thicker, and if he finds it, either throw it away at one of the windows or hold it somewhere up.... Oooor keep it for a while until he gets a chance to weaponize it.

Slavers going there?....well, crap, his fighting skills are based on guns, and he's unarmed
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-24 at 11:46 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #889

Slaver Train

Almost have it... almost have it... ARG. Finder drops all the magic spells he's currently doing and sort of recoils into the smoke. He then starts coughing because of smoke. Alright, screw the gear.

"New" *cough* "Plan. Ram the door. Earth ponies up front, unicorns push on it with magic."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ponyville

She isn't afraid of heights, she swears! She just... ...prefers the ground. Yeah, that's it.

Anyway, Pineapple grins at Lamia's suggestion. Blowing a door off of its hinges definitely sounded like a good time. She takes a landmine out of her pack, twists something, and lo and behold! The mine begins glowing faintly red, but doesn't seem to be in the process of exploding.

You know, as passive magic goes, simply having explosives LIKE you is pretty cool.

In any case, she trots over to quickly attach it to the point Lamianos indicates, before making a swift retreat.

"So, a bullet should set that off about now. Or trotting too close. Or looking at it funny. What's the next step?"

21. - Top - End - #891
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville]

Said stranger is doing his apparent best to be close-to-invisible during this discussion process.
    Pretty much like he doesn't want to sully their thinking processes with his influence. Or something.

Although when Lamianois makes his request, the binoculars are silently held out.

Down below, in Ponyville, things are starting to get quiet.
    Raiders are all shacked up in the library, although that everpresent buzzing continues to pervade the air.

At least it isn't quite as thick up here.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponyville

Lamianos looks through the binoculars to see if there's any chance that he might be able to look at the libraries inside "Next step is that we follow Razoreye in and meet him after he checks out the library." Lamia says as he shoots off a bullet from his minigun, detonating the landmine with dead eye accuracy.

Well, didn't expect a chemmed up looney to be so accurate now did'yah?

[TAG Chaotic, Obliviom]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #893

Slaver Train

Elestre gritted his teeth and, with the desperate speed of a madpony, sprung across the car and stabbed his strengthened splint with incredible strengh below the glowing horn. His telekinesis smashed against the door.

Attack of the Fifty-Foot Radroach

Stormy Skies, son of Dark Cloud, warrior extrordinaire, was not going to give up to any lame water. He quickly swam up through the murk and, as soon as he reached the other side, blasted the water with a lightning bolt.

"Booyah!"

On one hand, that probably killed the radroach. On the other, if it didn't, he's out of electricity now and he'll have to fight it hoof to claw.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-10-25 at 06:41 AM.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

24. - Top - End - #894

Ponyville

The buzzing... it can't quite be placed. Could they be taking cover from something coming out of the nearby forest? Power generator? Only way to find out is to see. The griffin ends up looking through a window near a balcony... seems to be the shattered remains of a telescope out there... as well as the faint indention of a pegasus landing face-first on the wood.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #895

[Slave Trains and You Aren't Allowed to Blame Rebo for Ninjas!]

WHAM!

Ponies slam into the door, causing it to groan rather loudly.

WHAM!

It gives a bit this time, bending outward slightly.

WHAM!

A fairly audible sound of groaning and splintering wood!

And then a screech as the train's brakes are hit. The sudden change in momentum is enough to hurl most of the slaves off their feet into a huge chaotically jumbled heap.

26. - Top - End - #896

Slaver Train

And this is where desperation comes in. He's not likely to get his gear out, but he's been broke before. Priority one is getting this door open and running. Finder digs deep to put one last TK blast at the door at 110% effort.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Business Dealings

Lucky shakes head at Flim and Flam. "Heh, yeah. She does seem like an overprotective mother or something sometimes," he smiles. A thought forms in the back of his mind. Did Gwendolyn have kids? She'd never really mentioned them as far as he could recall, one way or another. He thinks of the little bottle cap necklace she wears. The one she treats so reverently, as if-

Lucky's stomach twists.

He resolves to never ask Gwendolyn about the necklace. Ever. The same goes for children.

The pegasus averts his gaze for a moment, before looking back over to Flim and Flam and giving a small shrug. "Anyhoo..." The pegasus takes off his hat, and holds it out to Flim and Flam, showing them the gemstones tucked inside it. "Bright Eyes is paying you back, to make up for that fiasco a few minutes ago. And she'll be taking care of the prisoners. Gwendolyn should be back in a minute, once she finishes playing medic for the hurt ones. Which... leaves just one last bit of business...

"What's that?" Flim and Flam both ask in unison.

Lucky turns to look over his shoulder. He studies the unconscious bandit laying sprawled in the dirt, bound and gagged. The one who'd shot him, who'd used the colt as an equine shield, who's murdered the mare, who'd caused untold suffering through-out his life. He then turns and looks around at their surroundings. His eyes fall upon the scorched trunk of an old, petrified tree standing nearby. There are also some old telephone poles leaning idly nearby.

Either one would do just fine.

The corners of Lucky's mouth tug into a small smirk. "You boys got any nails?" he asks offhandedly.

"Nails?" the both ask in confusion. "Um, yeah, we have some nails. Hammers too, plus screwdrivers, screws, bolts, few other tools and junk. But, uh, what do you need nails for?"

The pegasus' smirk deepens. "Just curious. I learned a neat trick back at my last job. Might come in useful in a bit..."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ponyville

The landmine explodes with surprising force! This one just had some kick to it, I guess. Probably hoofmade, since that blast was quite a bit bigger than the bog-standard versions you would usually find in weapon stashes.

Meanwhile, Pineapple just stares, slightly slack-jawed. A minigun is not exactly designed for pinpoint accuracy, after all, and just bullseyeing a relatively small target from medium range with a highly inaccurate weapon on the first attempt is very, very impressive.

"...Nice shot."

Presumably, the two walk into town through the opened gate. Assuming it's actually open and not made of alicorn shields or something.

29. - Top - End - #899

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Slave Trains and You Aren't Allowed to Blame Rebo for Ninjas!]

WHAM!

Ponies slam into the door, causing it to groan rather loudly.

WHAM!

It gives a bit this time, bending outward slightly.

WHAM!

A fairly audible sound of groaning and splintering wood!

And then a screech as the train's brakes are hit. The sudden change in momentum is enough to hurl most of the slaves off their feet into a huge chaotically jumbled heap.
    He would be trying to help at smashing the door off
    "Keep going! it's starting to giv-Woah!"
    Then the brake would make him lose his balance, tripping to a side.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Attack of the Fifty-Foot Radroach

Stormy Skies, son of Dark Cloud, warrior extraordinaire, was not going to give up to any lame water. He quickly swam up through the murk and, as soon as he reached the other side, blasted the water with a lightning bolt.

"Booyah!"

On one hand, that probably killed the radroach. On the other, if it didn't, he's out of electricity now and he'll have to fight it hoof to claw.
    With a dark submerged tunnel and all he had to pass through, and the general darkness without the illumination of the flashlight, it was hard to tell if it was dead or not. Maybe it was dead and was a floater, maybe it was alive but disorientated. <Its dead if he finds out on his own>
    =================================================

Slaver Train Cart

Swift Star hung on and all, swinging just a bit as the train screeched to the halt. He was just outside the door and all, literally hanging around, watching and waiting, daring them to open the door for them to open it so that he could send them back and keep to his duties. And fyi, attempts to catch him off guard, will meet with no success, he is watching, he knows the positions of the ponies inside, senses on the alert.

[Tag Rebonack]
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-25 at 03:25 PM.