New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Manehatten - Outside Stable 29]

After a quick consultation that her body is in fact still functioning properly (save the wing which is flashing a concerning error on her suit interface), Down composes herself.

And then immediately twitches again.
    "Uh...d-don't worry about it. You can have a pass this time."
    Trying her best to sweep away any edge to her voice, the pegasus very swiftly seeks to divert the conversation.

"Um, were there other ponies here a moment ago? Wait, we didn't teleport in front of the Stable did we?"
    There were a lot of raiders out there! And manticores, if she remembers correctly.

A quick sweep of the area with her rifles, and a worried glance to her EFS consume her next few seconds of time.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #722
    Barbarian in the Playground

Y'know what Swiss is doing?

She's prodding at Down with half-digested friendship again. Trying to get the pegasus to warm up to her. She'll probably give up eventually. Using one's food to make friends is probably a pretty odd concept to the average pony.

Well...

Except if you're talking about sharing food with friends. Everypony likes a good cupcake! Or skewer of bloatsprite meat.

"Ah... hehe... Thanks then," there follows a flash of green faerie fire as Swiss reverts to her unicorn persona. Maybe looking like a pony will help?

"We traveled quite a distance under ground from the entrance," Sour pipes up as Swiss moves along side the ghoul pony and begins encasing the broken leg in a sheath of green goop that quickly hardens into a cast. Sour then chugs a potion to speed the mending along.

"And Ah reckon the ponies here ain't got nothin' to do with the Stable," Corn adds. "They were kindly enough to leave us be after a bit ah talkin' to."

"What IS that thing!?"
    Vinyl finally blurts out, pointing a leg at the sky.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Well, we'd best fuel up now if we're going on the road again]

Xithr has no objection to moving on, and follows the group.

"Sounds alright to me. I bet she'll be pretty excited when she sees this stuff. Heck, she'd be pretty excited just to have some more of the regular cola.

And yeah, Gleamy. It's for drinking."

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

[This whole cola conundrum is just adding fuel to the fire]

Fleetwing suddenly found himself coming down with a bad case of the awkward coughs. "Uh, right, she's gonna be just...over the moon about getting her hooves on these. Can't wait to give these sodas to...to...*cough*...a...pony who'll really appreciate them, right, *ahem*, good stuff, let's go." The pegasus froze his eyes straight ahead and stiffly marched onward.

Right. I have a sneaky ghoul with a rifle, an Alicorn, and a unicorn who don't know what she's capable of, all expecting me to hand these off to Fizz.

This...is gonna be a bit harder than I thought...

[Tag: Lycan, Purity, Luka, Blades]
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-28 at 09:04 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down's problem with being touched doesn't really involve Swiss, thankfully, but it does pose a rather unfortunately barrier to the rather up-close-and-personal changeling.
    ...that and she's kind of disturbing on principle.

Respecting Down's personal space is probably a good start to things! And continued proof that she isn't going to devour the pegasus would probably help too.

"Oh...alright. Should be fairly safe the-"
    Vinyl pipes up!
    Down glances rather sharply upwards, prepared to be attacked by something else. Maybe a deadly mutant hawk.

But instead, she sees nothing but clouds.
    "What is what? I don't see anything but clouds. EFS is showing a blank."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #726

Hey! Swiss hasn't done anything to suggest that she would eat anypony.

...who isn't a Raider. Or a mind controlled pony trying to kill them. Or a pony trying to kill them who isn't mind controlled. Or a pony who is probably going to try to kill them at some point in the future.

Okay. Swiss would be willing to eat a wide cross section of ponies. But Down isn't one of them!

Much like Down TRSG!'s attention is turned upward and-!

Nothing.

"Uuuh..." Corn replies eloquently.

"That HUGE grey thing!"
    Vinyl squeaks. "What IS that? Is it dangerous? Ohmygosh!"

Suddenly the foalbot drops prone and clings tenaciously to the ground, apparently having just been hit with a sense of vertigo.

Rye blinks a few times.

Then begins to laugh.

"Oh Celestia plow me with her horn! How could I have forgotten? I had nearly the same reaction the first time I saw the sky, too,"
    the former Stable pony exclaims, doing her best to maintain her composure. "You're use to nothing but concrete ceilings, aren't you? It's just a new ceiling. A really really high one."

Sour gives the mare a chiding look. "Rye, watch your language."

7. - Top - End - #727
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Long Petrol]

"I don't know how many sodas we've got, Gleam, but it's definitely a lot. Hopefully it'll be worth the effort of getting past those traps they had."

Violetta followed and smiled at Fleetwing. She didn't quite understand his sudden attack of nerves, but felt she should try to comfort him. "Do you want me to handle the talking this time?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

[Petroleum Jelly]

Fleetwing shook his muzzle so fast, it was a wonder it was still attached to his face. "No-no! I got it, I got it. I-I can handle negotiations just fine. Give the bottles over, don't have to say much at all, really?" The pegasus forced a chuckle, kicking and screaming, out of his throat.

Yeah, give you the bottles, and straight to Fizz you'd go, huh? Sorry, I ain't throwing in the towel that easily...er, just as soon as I think of a plan...

9. - Top - End - #729

[Stationary Thing for things that move]

Gleamy just walks along, not really having much to add about the soda things, neither knowing Fizz or Bucky to know what is all of it about; though the most noticeable sign is just her kind of disoriented look.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down just looks kind of confused.

Part of it is based on the incredulous look she's giving Rye (What did he just say?) and the other part is at the very idea of being scared of the sky.

Maybe fearing what's in the sky, that would make perfect sense.
    But the sky itself?
    "What's so wrong with the clouds? They are simply part of the world, like the ground.
    I don't see anyone getting terrified of the ground."

To her, a pegasus who spends about as much time in the air, the sky might as well be the ground.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-10-28 at 11:41 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #731

"Hey, don't worry about it," Rye continues after giving Sour a 'yes mother' sort of look before patting Vinyl on the head. And looking a little nauseated whilst doing so. "Just keep your eyes on the ground for now. Don't think about it. You should get use to it in a day or two."

And then the former Stable pony casts a glance Down's way! "Imagine living your whole life in a place where the ceiling is only a few feet above your head and walls box you in on all sides. Then you come up here for the first time and are greeted by that," she gestures with a hoof upward. "A wide open expanse of nothing like you've never seen before. My first day on the surface? As silly as it sounds I was terrified that if I tripped in the wrong place I might just go tumbling off into the sky."

It does sound fairly silly.

"I mean... Luna's fr-"

Rye gets another warning look from Sour. The earth pony coughs awkwardly.

"Eerr... The idea of flying still unnerves me to no end."

"It makes my tummy hurt..."
    the foalbot complains. Does she even have a tummy?

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[I wonder if there's even any real gas still here...]

The ghoul gives him a somewhat confused look. This is a bad omen, given here eye for detail.

"Fleet, You're acting kinda off. Are you sick or something? I can probably whip up a remedy when we reach town...

Or maybe he can pass off the awkward cough as a cold or something. Or maybe radiation sickness. I dunno.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Okay, maybe some weirdness like this could be expected from Vinyl, she was a freakish, possibly-messed-up robot.
    Maybe it "can't compute sky distance!" or something.

But Rye doesn't really have an excuse like that.

The pegasus peers up at the sky, rather thoughtfully.
    "Have you tried it before?"

A perfectly innocent question.
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #734

That gets an odd look from Rye. "What...? Like... personally? Of course not. I don't have wings. But the few times Swiss has carried me I've thrown up on her without fail."

"It's true. Two hundred year old cereal and bloatsprite meat in my hair. It's awful," Swiss confirms.

"Well gals, as fascinatin' as this topic is I reckon we got a foal to deliver to Tenpony Tower,"
    Corn pipes up. "Iffn ya want to radio ahead to that assistant ah the DJ's? I'm sure she'll just be pleased as punch to hear we're comin'."

Sour stands and puts some weight on her leg before nodding. "I believe I'm well enough to continue," she then glances over at the foalbot. "Are you ready to meet DJ, little one?"

"Yeah... I guess so..."
    Vinyl replies, trying rather hard not to look at the sky.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oh hey, and Down thought she wouldn't find something else to make her feel ill.
    But apparently her imagination is fairly vivid, as Swiss interjects.
    "...noted..."

The pegasus stares at the ground for a few seconds, before shaking herself off and looking off towards the others.
    "Would there be any complaints about me continuing to accompany you? If I remember right, Tenpony is technically in the direction I was going before anyway..."
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #736

[Manhatten ==> Tenpony Tower]

"Well, I think we should-" Sour begins only to be interrupted.

"SURE!" by the rather exuberant changeling. "You've already been on one adventure with us. You're practically a member now anyway. All you've got to do is pick one of the proper sandwich-related nick names and you're in!"

Sour just sighs as a ghost of a smile tugs at the corner of her mouth. "I suppose so. Let's be off them. And... I don't suppose you were injured? We still have some potions to spare."

Would help with that gimped wing.

Gimped wings are terrible things to have.

Off toward Tenpony!

Hopefully nothing awful assaults them on the way toward the city center. They've had quite their share of awful today.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Okay, Enough Fuelling Around]

"Sick? I don't think so. He's probably just nervous." Violetta patted Fleetwing on the back. "I'm sure Bucky won't be too annoyed, or too much for us to handle if he is."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

[Fuel to the Brim]

Was that a way out of this topic of conversation? Why, he did believe it was!

The pegasus winced as Violetta patted his back. "I-I dunno, I mean, my stomach has been feelin' a bit swirly," he paused mid-step and rubbed his belly, pulling a face of mock discomfort. "Oof, m-maybe that potion were a bit too old t'chug. Yeah, yeah that must be it. Old potion, and whatever nasty junk were in that mine, gotta be that." Thankfully, he didn't have to fake the nervous sweat on his brow.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Path to Tenpony]

"...any chance I can pass on the sandwich thing at the moment? It's going to make me hungry."
    That almost, almost sounded like humor with that tone.

But with the look she's giving her wounded wing and its very-slowly regenerating shielding, that can't possibly be the case.
    "My suit seems to be running low on resources..."

Another moment of thought.
    "If you are offering, I wouldn't object to one of those potions."

Onwards ho! It really would be terrible if something attacked them, wouldn't it?
    They're probably all tired from a heroic day's work blowing up a stable full of robot-children.
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Sublevel 1 Basement Floor- 1:05 PM

Fox Trot

"Hey Whadda, ya can help me out here a bit with helping me reload my rifles,"
    I flashed her a smile.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Basement of Morale

Scoops sort of bounces back into the group as the ghouls start exploding from various means. It's almost enough to make a mare sad that there's too much area of effect and not enough ghouls to go around... sad right?

"Oh sure. Might want to look at finding a belt feeder though. Those things are what everypony uses to not need so much reloading. Of course that makes them want to shoot faster and need more reloading."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #742

[Manhatten ==> Tenpony Tower]

Well. Technically they weren't children. Just brain damaged such that they acted like foals. Because Friend Computer wasn't very friendly.

Anywho!

A potion is passed to Down! Swiss is trotting along humming to herself, apparently in a pretty good mood since she got to blow a bunch of stuff to Tartaurus. Corn is pausing every now and again to rummage around in seemingly random heaps of rubble, coming up with food that looks astoundingly edible every single time.

And Rye? Rye switches on her radio just in time to hear the DJ's news!

Vinyl instantly goes from nervously looking at the ground to bouncing around near the earth pony in both frustration and excitement! "That's MY DJ voice! Whoever that pony is STOLE my DJ voice! Nnnnnrrrrrrggggh! We have to go see him as soon as we can!"

Iiiiinteresting. Swiss and Corn are discussing the news whilst Rye nods. "I was just about to set up a meeting the his assistant Homage. I'm sure they'll love to meet you. Though... uughh... about your skin..."

"My skin? What's wrong with it? It looks great, I just made it!"
    the foalbot whines back.

"Yeah... It's really unsettling. A lot of ponies would think it's creepy. It would probably be best if you got rid of it."

Vinyl huffs and goes silent. No answer just yet, though. Rye takes the pause to open up a channel to the DJ's assistant.

"Homage? This is Foresight from TeeAReSGee. You should probably be getting news of the explosions around Stable 29 pretty soon."

"That was ALL us!" Swiss yells from several feet away.

"Killer robots and a crazy computer. We'll fill you in on the details. But I've got some more exciting news. We've got a brain-bot with us that calls herself Vinyl Scratch. And claims to be the original DJ Pon3."

"That's because I am! That guy on the radio stole my name AND my voice!" yells the foalbot. "And I can prove it too! We can have a DJ battle! And NOPONY out-wubs ME!"

"She brought a bunch of her music with her as well. Pretty high quality stuff. So if nothing else it'll be something new to play over the air."

Swiss comes trotting up next to Down, grinning like an idiot. "This is going to be so cool! I bet we'll get to meet DJ Pon3 in person this time!" Yes. Next to. But at a comfortable distance. In fact, when she starts to edge in closer she seems to realize what she's doing and backs off a bit.

[Ministry of Morale Basement]

"I have NO idea how to set up a belt-fed shooty thing!"
    Surprise chirps as she focuses her beams on the last few standing ghouls. Given how quickly the monsters were getting chewed up... well... Suffice to say that particular herd has been thinned out. "I was always content to just use whatever gizmos and gadgets Gizmo and Gadget whipped up for us!"

Pony names sure are convenient often times.

"I could, actually. Unfortunately the tools I would need are back at Shatteredhoof," Sven speaks up before giving an apologetic shrug.

"Anyhoof! Once we get to the secret-stash elevator I can interface with it and take us up to the interrogation floor. Hopefully we won't have anymore nasty surprises along the way!"

That said the cyber-pony goes trotting on down the hall and blasts a zombie in the face as it reaches for her leg.

[Glyphmark]

ffffzzzzzZZZOT!

Two alicorns appear! One purple, the other blue. The Goddess' will for them is simple enough. Enter the city to test the magical defenses Unity has created to thwart the sundering influence of necrotic magic. Secondarily determine what Nightseer and the alicorns sent with her have been doing for the past three weeks. Finally, return to Maripony with the information gathered and to be reintegrated into Unity.

The Goddess doesn't expect this first test run to be flawless after all.

As soon as the false-goddesses appear they're met with the sight of a fair number of very forlorn looking zebras watching them. Hopeless would probably be the best way to describe the pitiful creatures. Hopeless and pitiful also describes their home quite well. Filthy hovels scarcely holding together.

"Oh... the Nightmares have returned again..." an emaciated zebra stallion laying on his side comments, his tone one of resignation and despair. He makes no attempt to flee. Or even move.

Dealing with zebras is always bothersome for Unity. The creatures have no place within Unity and as such telepathic contact is impossible. Which means speaking is required. How revolting.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Path to Tenpony]

The potion is taken, where it seems to be quickly squirreled away by her suit's inventory functions somewhere where it can be more useful.
    Namely into the internal body-and-armor repair systems.

Hooves off aid!

Which will soon enough work to fix her wing up nicely, although her armor itself seems to continue be slow to repair.
    At least, until she begins drifting behind Rye and hunting for scrap in the various piles they pass.

Gives her something to do while the others are discussing what to do with Vinyl and trying to communicate with Homage.
    Meeting with Homage could prove rather good for information purposes...could be useful to know how mass radio broadcasts are being handled.

And then more Swiss.
    She eyes the changeling through her visor, faintly appreciative that she isn't trying to hug her or cuddle or whatever she'd been trying to do before.
    This is an improvement.

Enough so that the pegasus merely sounds perplexed, rather than nervous or any other negative emotion.
    "You're in contact with the DJ's assistant, but never met them before?"
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #744

[Path to Tenpony]

There's certainly plenty of scrap around. Scrap from buildings. Scrap from old lamp posts. Scrap from cars. And of course the occasional pony skeleton. Occasional pony skeletons aren't terribly useful for anything. But the Wasteland just wouldn't be complete without the bones of some pony two hundred years dead slowly turning to dust in some forgotten corner.

...that one is huddled over the skeleton of a much smaller pony. There's a probably a story there. A sad one. But nopony will ever know it. And that just makes it all the more sad.

Corn gently nudges the bones aside and pulls a somehow intact tin of chocolates out from under them. "Sorry ya didn't get to eat yer candy, squirt," the huge earth pony sighs as he tucks the treasure away in his saddle bags.

Swiss fidgets a bit at Down's question. "Well... uuhh... technically I didn't meet Homage either. Corn and I sort of upset some ponies at Tenpony and we weren't able to make it to the meeting. Totally wasn't out fault though!"

Thank Celestia it wasn't their fault. That might shed some negative light on them.

"Anyway, DJ Pon3 is something of a recluse. Only talks to his assistant directly. Noooooopooooooony has seen him before!" the mock-unicorn wiggles her hooves in a suitably spooky fashion. "So there's all sorts of speculation over who or what he is. I'm betting on a ghoul."

25. - Top - End - #745
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Basement of Morale

And so Scoops helps Fox Trot have all the ammo he'd need in the near future. After that it's just a happy murder train to the elevator.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Fire another Pun and we're liable to Explode]

The Ghoul raises an eyebrow. Or, she would if there was any eyebrow left to raise. Rad pattern baldness, after all.

"Wait just a moment. Why would Bucky get in our way? Don't tell me you started staring at Fizz's flank or something..."

To be fair, doing that actually would give one a very good reason to worry about Bucky...

[Glyphmark]

Indeed! Such foul creatures, those Zebras. Why, they are responsible for much of the Wasteland's suffering! It is fortunate for them that they represent quite literally zero threat to a pair of Alicorns, and thus there is no need to waste time interacting with them at all.

Because speaking aloud is for creatures lacking the grace and perfection of Unity. Revolting, indeed!

In any case, Ebony rolls her eyes at the Zebras and takes flight toward the actual entrance to Canterlot itself; Presumably, the other follows.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Manehatten - MoM Hub]

Sprinkles idly hovers along behind Surprise, blasting, toasting, or sawing any ghoul that gets too close. His strikes are careful, precise, and vicious, intending to kill as quickly and as painlessly as possible.

It would seem he's not only defending himself and Surprise, but also making an effort to put the ghouls out of their misery...

Once they make it to the elevator, Sprinkles folds his arms in so everyone can comfortably fit. After a moment, he suddenly exclaims: "Oh hey, it's time fer the news. Lemme just-"

His voice suddenly disappears into a crackle of static. In it's stead, smooth pre-war music begins to filter through his audio-vocalization units.

And then a moment later, the news comes on!

(Spoilered for length)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Goooooood afternoon, Equestrian Wasteland!!" the suave, masculine voice of DJ Pon3 crooned over the airwaves. "It's time for some afternoon news, colts and fillies! And children, I gotta say, things in the Wasteland seem to be goin' ka-ka-ka-kraaaaaazy!"

"First of all, news has finally come down regarding Old Appleloosa. And kids... it ain't pretty. Seems some folks from Celestia's Legion - a bunch of Celestia-worshiping bozos from the Deadlands - came up to buy some slaves from Red Eyes goons, and the deal went bad. No word on who pulled the trigger first, or what caused it, but it seems just about all the 'Legioneighries' got gunned down. But... It don't end there, kiddos."

"Seems a rag-tag bunch of 'heroes' decided to swoop in and 'save the day.' Well, kiddos, this ain't like those old storybooks, where the heroes emerge triumphantly. This is the Equestrian Wasteland, where blind heroism just gets you killed. And in this case, it got a lot of folks killed. Seems one of the 'heroes' dropped some spells on the whole damn town, and killed more slaves than slavers. And then some Steel Ranger helping the 'heroes' turned traitor, tried to kill his 'friends,' and then galloped off into the sunset like a true hero..." he sarcastically spits. "Oh, and a big queen bitch alicorn got mixed up in there somewhere. Seriously, children, that whole thing was one big clusterbuck..."

"The end result? Old Appleloosa is still running, Red Eye is pissed, and if you're in that area and happen to see a bat-winged Steel Ranger with a penchant for singing...... RUN. JUST RUN."

"Let's see... Let's see... What else is new?"

"Oh, there was a bit of a fuss in New Appleloosa. Guess who was involved? That's right, those same 'heroes' from Old Appleloosa, as well as that same alicorn. Something about a deal with Goddess being broken. Looks like they managed to work something out, though, since the town's still standing. For now."

"The town of Strawberry Fields recently went silent. The most recent reports seem to indicate the whole place was burnt to the ground. No word on survivors, or what caused it. Can't be anything good, though..." he sighs.

"Things up North are also getting interesting! Specifically, around in Manehatten. There's been a lot of activity in the old Ministry of Morale building. Lots of folks going in, not many coming out, and an interesting distress call from a band of Talon mercs. Oh, and there was a massive rooftop shootout with griffins, ponies, robots, and alicorns! Seriously, folks, I can't make this crap up! And it gets crazier!"

"Not only did the rag-tag band of ponies, griffins, and a neon pink robot win... But do you remember how I mentioned some stallion getting kicked out of Tenpony Tower the other day? Yeaaaaaah... It seems Tenpony's recently exiled playcolt has gone from disgraced gentlestallion to gun-slinging mercenary. An alicorn-slaying gun-slinging mercenary." DJ Pon3 let out an impressed whistle of amusement. "Talk about a Lady Killer..."

"Looks like that about wraps it up for this afternoon's newsbreak, chiiiiiildren. Keep on listenin' in for music, entertainment, and my occasionally witty commentary! We'll end today on a Public Service Announcement."

"Don't pet the Hellhounds."

"Seriously."

"And now, some music..."

As the music fades in, there's another crackle of static, and Sprinkles coughs a few times. "Well... That's interesting."

-----------------

On the Road to Tenpony

Rye's radio calls to DJ Pon3's assistant.... are answered!

"Good afternoon, Foresight! This is certainly a pleasant surprise," the charming voice of a young mare cheerfully replies over the two-way radio. "Yes, we heard there was some fuss going on around the old Stable, and-"

Homage falls momentarily silent at the mention of Vinyl Scratch, and the foalbot's indignant exclamations in the background. "You... what?" she asks, her voice tinged with dumfounded surprise. "Really? Oh my goodness, DJ Pon3 will certainly be interested to hear this! In fact, I am quite certain he would be delighted to meet them!" she replies, excitement audible rising in her voice. She then pauses for a moment, and when she resumes speaking, her tone is much more wary. "Do be careful, though. I've been receiving reports that the areas between Vault 29 and Tenpony have seen an increase in activity from mutated wildlife. Specifically, there have been several sightings of Cazadores recently. So please, don't be in too much of a hurry. It may be safer if you took the scenic route..." she warns.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

28. - Top - End - #748

[Glyphmark]

Below their concern. What happens to the zebras matters little. But that comment is... interesting. Apparently their sundered sisters have been here before? Perhaps even regularly? And if so for what purpose?

Unity has no need for zebras after all.

As if answering that thought, even as the pair of alicorns open their wings and take to the air in perfect synchronization, a flight of their sisters appear in the distance. And they appear to be heading toward the settlement.

Even more disquieting is the fact that neither of the alicorns can hear them. The four flying toward that pathetic cluster of hovels are just as silent as the zebras themselves.

Uuugh... this probably means speaking aloud is going to be required. As with all of their motions thus far the two alicorns raise their voice as one.

"HOLD, SISTERS. WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE IN BEING HERE?"

"HOLD, SISTERS. WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE IN BEING HERE?"

That gives the others pause, a chorus of whispers passing back and forth between them. "Are they still in Unity?" "Maybe they can hear the Goddess." "We shouldn't wait." "Yes, Nightseer needs more sacrifices."

With that the flight of alicorns will pass right around their sisters and continue on toward the village.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Ministry of Morale- Somewhere- 1:15 PM

Fox Trot

"...........Hahaha oh wow......."
    I simply exclaimed with after listening to a certain portion of the radio broadcast. "Hope that dang mare from the Scav Post heard this, hahah...and the others too. In their faces."

30. - Top - End - #750

[Ministry of Morale Riding an Elevator!]

Once everypony has piled inside Surprise yanks a MEW off a manipulator cable and plugs the appendage into an adapter inside the elevator's control panel. "Alright! Up we go!"

Woosh!

Going up!

And then radio happens.

"OHMYGOSH! My new friends are on the radio! This is so surprising and super-duper extra awesome! Everypony is famous now!"
    isn't that great! ...wait. "You got kicked out of the Ministry of Arcane Science building?" she inquires of Fox. "How come? Do you need any help getting back newest of friends? Was somepony being grumpy over there? I bet a surprise party could cheer them up!"

Surprise spreads her wings in sheer glee at the thought of a surprise party, dispensing a sizable volume of colorful confetti in the process.