New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Canterlot]

Fly away! FLY AWAY!

Anoma slows just enough for Ebony to catch up with her, though she quickly picks up to full speed again soon there after. "If Nightseer has fallen under the influence of other beings then it isn't safe for us here. She may see our continued loyalty to the Goddess as a threat."

And that would be terrible.

"We should return to Unity quickly so our knowledge can be shared. If we have any hope of returning our sisters to Unity the wards must be strengthened significantly."

A rather awkward pause.

"...or... the Goddess may have to employ ponies outside Unity to carry out the task..."

She gives a sidelong glance to Ebony. "What... do you know of these Stars, sister? I'm finding my memory of them fading along with the Dream."

[Leaving Canterlot]

Ebony keeps up! Hooray!

"Agreed. If Nightseer indeed hears whispers from the stars, there is danger there. I... ...knew something of them. Before. One memory persists of something washing over me, as I'm unable to do anything but watch as it devours more ponies, and a foal on my back as well.

The Stars offer power, but they also decieve and manipulate."

She pauses, and looks at Anoma for a moment, confused.

"It is faint and jumbled, but I think you were there not long after."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Outskirts of Girdershade - And we don't wear inskirts either!]

Soon enough, the band of four ponies reached the town's (if two houses could be called a town) borders. No sign of Bucky yet, so far so good.

Fleetwing took a moment to re-organize his bags, placing the sodas all in the main pouches, and his personals in the side pockets. If Fizz was even half as excited as he thought she'd be, then it seemed a wise precaution to move the things he didn't want tossed around the room. "Alright; I'm going t'go over t'Fizz's house and drop these here off. Once we've got the grenade schematics, we can look them over in the shed." He shouldered both packs and nodded in readiness to the group. "Anypony else fancy coming with?"

[Tag: Purity, Luka, Oblivion]

[Outskirts of Girdershade]

"I will be there."

She doesn't mention this part, but she knows that Bucky can be hotheaded and wants to be there in case he does anything rash...

2. - Top - End - #902
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Leaving Canterlot]

Sadly Anoma isn't going to be able to 'port the both of them all the way back to Maripony. At least not until she recharges herself first. Flying from Canterlot to Fillydelphia would actually be a shorter distance... And after basking in the Fillydelphia crater for a time Anoma should easily be able to transport the both of them all the way to Maripony.

Assuming that a synchronized telepathy spell from their sisters there wouldn't be able to reintegrate them into Unity as well. Either will be swifter. "Come, we'll make way for Fillydelphia."

Flappity flap!

"Then all the more reason to break our sisters free of their grasp as soon as possible. I-" at the mention of the smoozing she grows silent. Often times darker memories are buried within the Dream. And... that certainly counts as a darker memory. "The pony you once were made an agreement with the Goddess to save those dear to them. I was sent to bring you to Maripony for your apotheosis."

Anoma offers a small smile. "I... think. Before I became one with Unity. That I made a very similar deal. I am glad for my decision. I saved my friends and became part of something far greater."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Issues of Morale and Morals

Sergeant Sprinkles goes into panic mode.

He reaches down and grabs Scoops' radio, and begins to frantically shake it, likely causing Scoops to be flung to-and-fro in a comedic manner. "MISS PV?! WHAT ARE YA DOING?! GET OUTTA THERE!! THEY'RE GONNA KILL YOU!!" he screams in horrified concern.

---

Manehatten Scouting Mishaps

Lucky blinks a few times. This pegasus talked a lot. And very quickly. She was really pretty, though. Something about her smile...

He chalks the weird green flicker up to his rattled brains or weird lighting. Or maybe some technological device she's got on her person somewhere.

And then the Enclave trooper approaches. Lucky catches her looking at his cutie mark; he responds by giving her a defiant glare.

Then she makes some seemingly non-hostile remarks. Even a joke. And then she asks him what happened. Clearly she doesn't intend to brand and/or murder him. Not yet, at least.

Lucky shrugs. "I managed to trigger a landmine. A big landmine," he factually responds, his bandaged mouth betraying a hint of a smirk. "And then I got blasted halfway through a building, and for once, managed to survive something crazy without any serious injuries. And now here we are, with me upside down, unarmed, and backed in a corner by two other ponies. One of whom would normally be trying to kill me for having both a cutie mark and a set of wings."

Lucky raises an eyebrow, and looks genuinely confused. "Wait, maybe I do have a concussion..."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Girdershade]

"I'll come with you, of course, Fleetwing. That way, I can make sure Fizz doesn't try to do anything to you that you might regret later." Violetta nodded and followed.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #905

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Outskirts of Girdershade]

"I will be there."

She doesn't mention this part, but she knows that Bucky can be hotheaded and wants to be there in case he does anything rash...
    The alicorn just lifts her head after Swift talks
    "Uh? you're going?...Then maybe I could go too, is that ok?"
    shw would ask, but mostly would be entering if Swift's going too
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Girdershade]

"I'll come with you, of course, Fleetwing. That way, I can make sure Fizz doesn't try to do anything to you that you might regret later." Violetta nodded and followed.
    Fleetwing said nothing, though red flushed across his cheeks. Sometimes, he had to wonder just how "innocent" this amnesiac filly was.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Stable 29]

More shooing motions results in renewed and equally playful batting.

Aaww...dat kitteh...

And his parents are likely dead. Lots of manticore killing has been going on of late. Poor thing is without a doubt orphaned. Trying to raise it may or may not be wise. Manticores are pretty dangerous after all. Unless you're Fluttershy. But noone here is Fluttershy at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

Manehatten Merchant Mischief

Flim and Flam both go "Awwww."

"It's so cute," Flim grins.

"Minus the whole 'rawr I wanna eat your face' thing," Flam shrugs.

Manticore Mishaps

"Shush you two....let's just keep going...maybe it will get bored and stop following us...or something,"
    She took a look at the cub and puffed her cheeks. Damnit it was so cute, but even more damnit since these creatures were dangerous, especially all grown up.

She started to walk away and made the mistake of looking back, and then started to walk forward quicker with puffed feather cheeks and furrowed brows.
    ===========

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Outside the Ministry of Morale- 1:56 PM

Fox Trot

"Huh....wha...what just happened?..."
    I stood there filled with utter confusion. Hearing the radio, looking at Whadda.

"Someone tell me what just happened?"
    I looked at Whadda, I looked at Sprinkles, I even looked at Zoidberg Sven. Haaalp.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Leaving Canterlot]

Sadly Anoma isn't going to be able to 'port the both of them all the way back to Maripony. At least not until she recharges herself first. Flying from Canterlot to Fillydelphia would actually be a shorter distance... And after basking in the Fillydelphia crater for a time Anoma should easily be able to transport the both of them all the way to Maripony.

Assuming that a synchronized telepathy spell from their sisters there wouldn't be able to reintegrate them into Unity as well. Either will be swifter. "Come, we'll make way for Fillydelphia."

Flappity flap!

"Then all the more reason to break our sisters free of their grasp as soon as possible. I-" at the mention of the smoozing she grows silent. Often times darker memories are buried within the Dream. And... that certainly counts as a darker memory. "The pony you once were made an agreement with the Goddess to save those dear to them. I was sent to bring you to Maripony for your apotheosis."

Anoma offers a small smile. "I... think. Before I became one with Unity. That I made a very similar deal. I am glad for my decision. I saved my friends and became part of something far greater."
    [Leaving Canterlot]

"I..."

A new flood of memories, and in irony only a few stick before being washed away again: The encounter with Blackheart. An idealistic blue pegasus. A haggard unicorn with a talent for illusion. A pegasus foal, too young even to yet have a cutie mark. An Earth Stallion, clad in sinisterly painted Power Armor. Wait, scratch that last one. Somehow, it didn't seem nearly as close as the others, and the feeling was different. Was that... ...hatred?

"Thank you. Please, let us go on, for these memories are beginning to unnerve me."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Girdershade]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Fleetwing said nothing, though red flushed across his cheeks. Sometimes, he had to wonder just how "innocent" this amnesiac filly was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    The alicorn just lifts her head after Swift talks
    "Uh? you're going?...Then maybe I could go too, is that ok?"
    shw would ask, but mostly would be entering if Swift's going too

[Girdershade]

The ghoul continues smiling.

"Of course you can, Gleam! Just... ...er, conceal your wings. They know me, but you might get shot if they think you're going to drag them off to the Goddess."

Assuming Gleamy isn't already wearing her own cloak, Swift fetches it from the saddlebag for her. It's just good manners.

Presumably the group goes to Fizz's house now, barring something else happening.

9. - Top - End - #909

[Manehattan - Outside the Ministry of Morale]

Let us review, shall we?

Scoops has Blue Screen of Death'd. Sprinkles is shaking her in an attempt to regain contact with Surprise. Sven looks totally lost. And Foxtrot is sharing the griffon's reaction but actually asking for clarification.

Does that cover everything?

Alright!

Go!

"I... think Surprise was at the Buckland Cross? ...somehow?" the griffon replies. It doesn't sound like he fully believes it either. "That place is miles from here. And heavily guarded. There's no way she could have just gone from here to there in just a few minutes without... GUH!"

The griffon nearly falls over sideways when Surprise pops out of his saddle bags. Despite the fact that there's no way she could even physically fit in there.

"Hiya everypony and every-not-pony! Has anypony noticed that the Steel Rangers seem really grouchy? Last time I threw them a surprise party they were really happy about it! This time they just shot at me and yelled a whole lot," the cyberpony recounts as she gives her wings a flick and begins hovering in mid-air. There are several dints and dings and bullet holes in her armored body. No doubt thanks to the Rangers. "I've never had anypony react to me like that before... Ponies are usually happy when a Ministry of Morale Party Technician comes around!"

Or at least they pretend to be happy.

Sven is now staring at his saddle bags incredulously.

[Outside Stable 29]

The result is totally unsurprising.

The manticore will follow the griffon. Every now and again the cub pauses to chase or pounce some random bit of detritus being blown around by the wind. It shouldn't be too long before they have passed the column of smoke and are moving toward the city center.

...missing all the dead giant wasps along the way will prove difficult. Given that they are both giant and spread around rather liberally.

[Manehattan Scouting Mishap]

"Yup! Sure do! Meeting new ponies that don't want to kill me and loot my corpse is exciting!" Swiss hrrrms and leans in to peer at Lucky from a closer angle. "I'm no medical expert by I don't think you have any head-trauma. Aside from whatever caused your case of mummy-face."

Mummy-face is serious business. Then talk of killing!

"HAHAHAHA! Hey, I've got wings and a cutie mark. And Down hasn't tried to kill me even once today! I'm willing to bet that I'm waaaaay weirder than you are, Lucky. And if she isn't going to turn me into a glowing pile of ash then I doubt she'll be doing it to you either!" Swiss reasons. Then offers a hoof to help Lucky up. "C'mon. We'll gather your stuff and get out of here before the Wasteland decides to harass us with something lethal."

Because everypony knows that lethal harassment is the Wasteland's most favorite of things.

[Toward Fillydelphia]

"I... believe I can transport us part way there, at least," Anoma says. "Though I'll be a bit magically drained for it. It should cut a few hours at least off our travel time. ...however, it will leave us slightly more vulnerable in case we encounter anything hostile."

Guh.

This talking is so inefficient.

Normally plans are communicated near instantly between she and her sisters. None of this wasteful conversation and deliberation.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-11-02 at 08:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Outside the MoM Hub

Sergeant Sprinkles lets out a synthetic sigh of relief. "Phew. Yeah, hate to break it to you, Miss PV, but most of the Steel Rangers are kinda... uh... crazy," the robot states flatly. "A lot of 'em only care about findin' and studyin' technology, no matter the pain and suffering it may cost others. Most of the ones I've bumped into have tried to deactivate me for study, just because I was 'sufficiently advanced technology' worth examination. I put up a bit more of a struggle than they expected, though. Heh. One even tried to use an override code on me once. I melted his face off. Hee hee, it was glorious..." the robot observes with satisfied glee.

---

Outside Stable 29

Flim and Flam stop and stare. "Are those...?" Flim points a hoof.

"Dead... Cazadores?" Flam blinks dumbly.

The two twins continue to stare for a moment. Before grinning. "Dear brother, how much were Cazador poison glands selling for, again?" Flim asks excitedly.

Flam clops his hooves together and grins. "Quite a bit, dear brother. Quite a bit!"

Jackpot...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-02 at 10:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"A mine...I see."
    Down isn't so sure she buys that.
    She's seen mines explode, a little closer than particularly comfortable.

That was definitely not any kind of mine she's familiar with.
    It looked more like a higher-grade military ordnance.

She turns to look about the room, rather unashamedly investigating Lucky's various possessions.
    "Don't tempt me Swiss, there's still plenty of time."
    That was definitely humor. Deadpan, black humor.

"But yes, we should move. That explosion will have attracted attention from a large area."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #912
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Drama of Morale

Okay, now Whadda is dizzy, grabbed by a crazy robot, and desperately trying to get a hoof back on her radio. Likely surprise would see this as enjoying a nice hug from Sprinkles.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Outside the Ministry of Morale- 1:59 PM

Fox Trot

"Nope, not going to think about it, nope, not at all, nope, nope, nope, nope."
    I shook my head refusing to let my brain wrap around this let alone think about what apparently happened.

"Let's just...not stay here, in the open, down here."

========

Gwendolyn Stuff

The griffon would just sigh as the cub followed her, she mentally cursed her 'misfortune' but continued on moving forward occasionally looking back to see if the cub was still following her. Yep.

And then giant wasp things, dead ones. "....Seems a party was happening here earlier."

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

The group enters Fizz's house.

"Oh hi!" the dark-furred mare exclaims cheerfully, hoping up from a small workbench covered in empty bottles, several wild plants, and a bubbling beaker of boiling... something. "Did you bring me something special? I saw you weren't here this morning when I came to offer you breakfast, so I figured you were went to go get me those sodas, or you just skedaddled out of here because of Bucky being a Mister Grumpy Grumps or something. Hee hee!" she giggles cheerfully.

She takes a step towards Fleetwing, and bats her eyelashes, trying to look cute and innocent. "Sooooooooooooooooo?"

She pauses her eyelash fluttering to stare at Gleamy for a moment. "Wooooow, you're reeeeeally tall..."

She then looks back at Fleetwing and grins. "Anyway, where were we?"

---

Lucky chuckles darkly. "Nah, already fixed the head trauma caused by the mummy-face," he says with a shake of his head. He accepts Swiss' hoof and her assistance in getting him up on his hooves. "Thanks, Miss Swiss."

He then turns to Down, and shrugs. "Hey, it sounded like a landmine when it started beeping. I didn't stick around to take a closer look, though," he says with a lopsided grin. "I mean, I'm pretty rugged for a pegasus, but not that rugged." Wow, it feels weird to make pegasus jokes while in the company of other pegasi. He'd never been around more than one at a time, due to the rarity. He suddenly feels both very out of place and oddly comfortable...

He then notices Down looking around the room, examining his scattered belongings. His grin falls flat. Great, now she's scrutinizing his choice of earthly possessions. Oh well, better than being hogtied and branded. Lucky turns and grabs his saddlebags, and starts recovering his gear. The first thing he grabs?

The Rainbow Dash statuette, which he carefully - almost reverently - wraps in the old Stable-Tec jacket, and gently slips back into his saddle-bag. Assuming he doesn't get any looks or comments or murder attempts from Down, he'll then start looking for his beloved hat...

---
    Outside Stable 29

"Cover us!" Flim grins, a butcher knife levitating out of his coat of many pockets.

"We're goin' in!" Flam mimics his brother's grin, a massive pair of scissors floating out of his backpack.

The two brothers promptly scurry over to the bodies and begin to harvest wasp parts - messily.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-02 at 11:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915

[Manehatten Wasp Stompin' Site]

Eeww...

The brothers harvest eight glands. The rest have been pulverized or disintegrated. But that's eight more glands than they had before, right? They would be worth even more if they were used to make some proper poison or anti-venom, though. But that would require a pony with the know-how and resources to do such a thing.

The chimera cub is gnawing at one of the exploded giant bugs hungrily.

[Outside the Ministry of Morale]

Surprise seems to wilt a bit at the robot's explanation. "...really? That's... that's a terrible surprise... The Steel Rangers were always the best of the best. The ponies that would stand in the gap and suffer so everypony else could be safe and happy. They were like... like the actually heroic version of what the Party Poopers did."

Wow.

Seems learning this has really hit Surprise pretty hard. To see something so good become so... corrupted.

"Did Discord escape again or something? And make everypony's eyes all swirly so the good ponies act like selfish jerks? Or is everything really just this... broken now?"

Followed by a sigh as she begins to slowly fly in whatever direction Foxtrot was pointing in. "Yeah... I guess we should go. Where are we going anyway?"

Sven coughs to get some attention. "I'll be turning in my findings as per the original contract. This is where we part ways. Fly true, ponies!" and with that he'll take off.

"No problem Lucky! Or should I call you Break? Or Lucky Break?" Swiss replies as she flashes another grin that looks totally normal this time. She'll then begin gather up his stuff-

-using the horn she doesn't appear to have.

A livid green glow begins to outline various out of the way objects and collect them in a pile on the floor. Swiss is apparently so use to her unicorn guise that she isn't even thinking about it. That and despite her seemingly unlimited energy and enthusiasm she's been pretty out of it since the wasp fight.

"Uuugh..." the changeling groans, rubbing her now plainly visible beetle-like horn with a black corroded hoof. The rest of her disguise is still up, but little motes of faerie fire seem to be eating away at it. "I'm feeling really... woozy..." she sways a bit on her hooves, fluttering her wings to keep her balance. Several feathers drop out and burn away. Even her voice is taking on that raspy, droning quality. "...could probably use a hug or something..."

To make matters worse her Glamor seems to be on the fritz, too. She plops down on her haunches and begins digging through her saddle bags for a sparkle cola. She was going to be using the soda to make a bomb later. But she needs the caffeine now to perk her up.

16. - Top - End - #916

Manehatten - Leaving Morale

Scoops is still dazed and shaken, but she's almost got her radio back, maybe. Anyway, here's what she thinks of the current situation:

"Tea and crumpets in the stovepipe?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershed - Playing with fire]

Fleetwing gulped audibly. D-d-dang this mare...alright, alright, you can do this. Strictly professional. Strictly professional. Strictly professional. They were going to give her the sodas, then help her notice Bucky's interest in her, then all would be well. With his allies close at hoof, the pegasus felt a little more confidence in his ability to keep himself under control. He could do this...provided Fizz didn't do anything too crazy.

Once he'd stilled his racing heart, Fleetwing smiled and nodded politely back at her. "It was a bit of a trek - somepony went an' booby-trapped the truck - but it weren't nothin' we couldn't handle. Got your sodas right here, I think you'll be mighty pleased." Without further ado, he set down his packs and opened them, revealing the vast stash of normal Sparkle Cola and the smaller group of the glowing, rare varieties.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Could have fooled me."
    Gotta be pretty rugged to survive an explosion like that unscathed, right?

While they do all of there shenanigry...
    Down has hovered up a little ways and is getting her dirty armored hooves all over Lucky's gun.

She's curious what a surface pegasus would be using to fight with!

"Mundane...but makes sense."
    Not everyone gets all the special toys the Enclave gets, missy.

"Is this your primary...Swiss?"
    Good cheer gone, suddenly there's a problem.

"What happened?"
    Probably the first time she's ever sounded concerned in the changeling's general direction.
    Concern which turns vaguely unpleasant in a hurry, as she looks towards Lucky.
    "What did you do?"
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Outside the Ministry of Morale- 2:02 PM

Fox Trot

"Hauh?..Oh...right, the Scav Post,"
    I managed to utter. So many things going on right now at once. I look at Sven and wave a hoof.

"You too buddy, be safe...actually hold on, where can we hit you....up...Nevermind."
    He was already gone before I could finish. Well, safe travels to him anyway. And then there was Whadda, poor girl, must be out of her mind right now. I then looked at Surprise, sternly, for full effect.

"Miss Surprise, tell me exactly what happened there at...uh...Bucklyn Cross right?.....anyways, tell me what happened there exactly, please."

=======

Gwendolyn Stuff

The griffon did indeed watch them, and the cub, it was kinda cute being all rawr on the wasps. Regardless, she hovered up 12 feet and kept a watchful eye on the twins, and.,...cub.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucky doesn't care about Down dirtying up his new rifle. He's more concerned with the fact that Swiss is..... something.

When she started levitating things without a horn, he thought he was derping from a concussion.

Then her weird horn appeared. He started to realize something was wrong.

And then the fur of her hooves began to burn away, revealing blackened, chitinous-looking hooves.

Lucky takes a step back, his mind beginning to race. Something's definitely wrong. That's not naturally. That's-

Years in the Deadlands had taught Lucky a lot of things. There are a lot of legends and folk tales in those arid plains, and Lucky had heard many legends and rumors around the campfires with his fellow Legioneighries. And he knew what Swiss was. What it was. A "Shifter." A "Warper."

A Changeling.

Down asks him what he did. Lucky looks over at the Enclave trooper, his eyes wide with terror. "NOT ME!! HER!! SHE- SHE'S A CH-CH-CHANGE-" he stammers, stammering in terror.

The pegasus suddenly leaps back a step, and rises up on his hind legs. He holds his forelegs out in front of him... and promptly begins to hop up and down, clopping his forehooves together. "LADY BUG LADY BUG, DO A LITTLE SHAKE!!" he frantically screams, obviously on the verge of hysterical panic. "SUNSHINE SUNSHINE EVERYONE'S AWAKE!!!"

---
    Girdershade

Soda Fizz squeals. A shrill, piercing squeal that probably hurts everypony's ears. "OH MY GOOOOOSH!!" she exclaims, grinning from ear to ear. "YOU GUYS ARE AMAAAAAZING!!"

She practically rips the saddlebag out of Fleetwing's grasp, yanking it closer so she can look into the satchel. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygossssssh! This is AWESOME!!" she squees, nearly falling over with excited joy.

Wow, she sure seems happy...

---
    Outside the MoM Hub

Sprinkles waves a claw at Sven. "Happy trails, comrade. Take care!"

He then hovers after Surprise. "I know it's tough to hear, Miss PV..." the robot sighs. "I'm sure there are a few Rangers who still cling to Miss Applejack's beliefs, though. Like Scoops here!" he proudly proclaims, smacking the mare on the shoulder with a set of robotic claws.

---
    Manehatten Merchants

Flim and Flam trot back over to the caravan a moment later, splattered in ichor and levitating several poison glands. They also have a few scraps of wasp meat for the cub.

"I wonder where Mister Lucky is..." they both mutter in unison.

21. - Top - End - #921

[Manehatten Scouting Mishaps]

Swiss looks a bit groggy as the last of her disguise burns away. The changeling has a distinctly beetle-like look to her. All the solitary changelings tend to have their own unique insecty spin to them. She gives Lucky an apologetic look as he begins to freak out. But ah HA! There's the soda! Swiss sticks the top in one of the holes in her hooves and pops the cap off.

There's a hiss and a fizz as she puts it to her mouth and begins drinking.

And then?

Then Lucky begins dancing around like complete idiot and totally butchering an old nursery rhyme.

Swiss' eyes suddenly go wide and her chest starts to heave! Is it working? Is the incantation going to exorcize the horrible demon?

Nope.

She just blew soda out of her nose all over Lucky before doubling over with peals of laughter. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh-hehehehee! Oh my sides! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh dear Celestia that's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen!"

It doesn't look like she's going to recover any time soon.

[Front of the Ministry of Morale ==> Scav Outpost?]

"I just wanted to stop by and say hello..."
    Surprise replies to Fox. "Thank them for having someone nice like Scoopy let me out. Even if it isn't what they meant to do. It has been so long since I threw a party for anypony and the Steel Rangers always really liked them before..."

A dejected sigh from the cyberpony. "None of them got hurt, if that's what you're asking. I got out of there pretty quick when I realized that they were a bunch of meany McMean-pants."

She casts a glance at Sprinkles, then over at Scoops. "Why? Why aren't they helping to protect Equestria's ponies like they're supposed to anymore?"

[Manehatten Merchants]

So!

While the brothers were off harvesting sacs the cub has managed to sneak off. Where you ask? Into the back of the cart of course! The little critter hides himself away under convenient cover and waits for the brothers to draw near...

Then LEAPS out at them, paws in the air and claws extended!

Doesn't actually jump on anypony, though. Just pouncing at them.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten Scouting Mishaps]

All hostility has vanished from Down.

In its stead is limp silence.
    Even her wings falter, lowering her to the ground.

It takes a moment, somewhere after Swiss has started laughing hysterically...
    "...uh. What."
    Eloquence fails her.

"Is there something in the air...?"
    She quickly looks at the HUD of her helmet and...lo! It seems that scrap she picked up earlier is finally starting to do some good, as the suit begins to perform a little air composition test.

Clearly a weird toxin in the air is the only logical reason that Swiss would become abruptly woozy and Lucky would do...whatever the hell it is he just did.

Freaking out she could understand! But...that...what.
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten Mishaps

And then Swiss snorts soda all over Lucky. Specifically, into his eyes.

"OH SWEET LUNA IS BURNS!!" he howls in surprised agony, clamping his forehooves over his eyes. He proceeds to staggers wildly back and forth, reeling in pain. "THEY REALLY DO SPIT POISON!! FLY, MISS DOWN!! FLY AND SAVE YOURSELF!!!" he frantically screams as he slams sideways into the old drywall.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-03 at 01:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Girdershade

Soda Fizz squeals. A shrill, piercing squeal that probably hurts everypony's ears. "OH MY GOOOOOSH!!" she exclaims, grinning from ear to ear. "YOU GUYS ARE AMAAAAAZING!!"

She practically rips the saddlebag out of Fleetwing's grasp, yanking it closer so she can look into the satchel. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygossssssh! This is AWESOME!!" she squees, nearly falling over with excited joy.

Wow, she sure seems happy...
    Oooooookay then, ow. Ow. OW. Those were his best eardrums right there. Emphasis on "were". Fleetwing managed to scrape together a pained smile, massaging his poor ears. "Nghh...like I said, nothin' we couldn't handle. Glad we could help." And unlike most times he said that to a client, this time, seeing Soda Fizz this happy? Made a little part of him happy too. You just didn't see ponies get that excited in the Wasteland, not without making somepony else very very sad. Yet another point in Violetta's favor there. Though there was one thing that'd make him even happier:

"Hate t'interrupt the celebration, but there was the matter of payment?" he chimed in during a lull in the squealing. First rule of scavving for caps; the less time that passes between hoofing over the goods and getting paid, the better.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins-Horseshoe Tower-Outside the Ministry of Morale- 2:04 PM

Fox Trot

I let out a sigh of relief. Surprise, from what I've seen was a bit of a firecracker, who' knows what to expect from her. I gave her a smile and patted her on the head. "You'd probably curb stomp them to, so they're lucky heh." And the scene was handed over to Sprinkles and Whadda Scoops.
    ====

Manehatten Madness

Gwendolyn rushed over to the twins and the manticore cub with her rifle out. She lightly bopped the cub on the head and wagged a talon at it.

"No! Bad Sir Lyons! We don't do that to ponies, except Lucky, because he's asking for it."
    The manticore cub probably didn't even understand a single thing. Its better that way.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten Merchants

Flim and Flam both scream in surprise, and bump into each other as they try to run away. The wasp venom sacks they were carrying all plop to the ground, bouncing around and making humorous squishy noises.

The twins then exchange dubious glances as Gwendolyn scolds it. "Bwuh...?"

---
    Outside the MoM Hub

Sergeant Sprinkles stays silent. He didn't know what to say. And he was struck by a worrying thought. If Surprise was this upset about the Steel Rangers...

He did not want to see how she would react when she found out about the Ministry of Awesome... or rather, the Grand Pegasus Enclave.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Canterlot]

"That would be... ...beneficial. But save at least some energy, enough to protect yourself. A longer flight is a fair cost for your safety."

[Girdershade]

Swift simply relaxes to the side of the door, still quite pleased. Fleetwing and Violetta have done a good thing here. They put their differences aside for the sake of a greater good. Harmony despite disagreement. These were a pair that had hope for the future after all.

She was especially proud of Fleetwing; He had sacrificed his initial desire and temptation for the sake of a group's harmony. That was not the action of a soon-to-be raider, but the kind of sign that shows a hero waiting to emerge.

And of course, it was also nice to see Fizz happy. That kind of joy isn't seen often enough in the Wasteland.

28. - Top - End - #928

Manehatten - Leaving Morale

After being let down and playfully slapped, Whadda still needs a few moments to collect her senses. At least it might be a bit before she's contacted by command. Unfortunately that means the 'everypony is fine' assertion doesn't mean much to the mare. In the meantime...

"The Rangers are still protecting everypony... just not in a way everypony appreciates."
    It's kind of hard to reconcile their current mission with the founders, but it can be done.

"We're keeping what we can from the old world from destruction, and keeping as many MEWs as we can from firing plasma all over."
    Odd, there's no off-topic ranting to go along here. "Even the Star Paladin really means well and got caught up with some politics... I hope."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929

[Manehattan Scouting Mishaps]

Recall that Swiss was laughing so hard her sides hurt?

Yeah. Now she's laughing so hard that breathing is difficult.

The changeling topples over backwards, wheezing hysterically and kicking her corroded hooves in the air. She'll probably feel a little bad that she terrified Lucky out of his mind later. But right now she's a bit too busy trying to regain the ability to take a breath without collapsing into a giggle-fit again. Thus far she isn't making very much headway.

In other news, Lucky runs into a wall. The wall, being an immobile and inanimate object, is totally pitiless regarding his state and doesn't feel inclined to move out of the way. Though the pegasus might smash through it given that it is dry wall. The stuff isn't exactly the most durable material in the world.

[Toward the Scav Outpost]

Surprise quirks her head off to the side a bit at Foxtrot. "Curbstomp? I don't think I know what that word means. Is it like 'kicking their flank?'"

Because that's a term she knows well enough! Or whippin' them filthy Stripes! That was always a favorite of the robots she talked to.

Then Scoops speaks up! "But technology wasn't made to be sat on. It was made to make pony's lives easier so they would have more time to spend doing the things that made them happy. Or spending time with the ponies they loved. It's like putting all your party stuff in a box in a closet. You aren't going to make anypony very happy that way."

She wrinkles her nose a bit and gives her wings a flick. "It sounded like your friends wanted to take me apart, Scoopy. And I don't think my pieces would do anypony any good in neat little labeled piles. Technology wasn't ever what made Equestria great. Equestria's ponies made Equestria great."

Huh...

It's been a while since she yelled 'surprise' at someone. She must really be weighing on her.

[Merchant Mayhem]

The newly named Sir Lyons flattens his ears a bit and looks away from the griffon. The animal might not be able to understand what's being said, but he can tell easily enough that the griffon is cross with him. Not terribly unusual that animals can pick up on emotions to some degree.

[Canterlot]

Anoma nods. "Very well. There's a location nearer to Fillydelphia where a balefire missile was shot down and landed undetonated. The radiation it has been leaking should prove sufficient to fuel the rest of the journey. We will just need to rest there a time."

With that the purple alicorn reaches out with her magic to envelope she and her sister! And with a nnnzzzzzZZZRRRP! they both vanish in a flash of silvery magic!

The downed missile is, of course, in the Wild Rabbits Woods. Because awkward reunions are always the best kind of reunions.

30. - Top - End - #930

Manehatten - To the Scav Post

On an ideal day, Scoops could point over to Fillydelphia as a show of why wasteland ponies shouldn't get the really fun toys. Right now though, she's still feeling ashamed and betrayed by a freaking *star paladin*. She sheepishly responds while going forward.

"Some of the stuff's really dangerous though..."
    Spoiler
    Show