New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Tenpony Tower]

Welp!

TRSG! has disarmed and they're headed into the tower. The cart will have to be taken up the freight elevator as opposed to those fancy elevators with the music and stuff.

Swiss gives Down something of a sad look before dipping out of the sky and turning in her shiny new grenade launcher.

...then upends her saddlebags and dumps out a veritable avalanche of various explosives. One of the guards boggles a little as his compatriots gather up the heap of weapons.

She looks back up at Down and says. "If they refuse to let you in I'll be back. That's a promise."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Tenpony Tower

Lucky forces a smile. "Uh, actually Miss Down," he whispers, "That guard seems to have a rather pissy outlook towards you Enclavers. 'A few minutes' is bein' generous. My money is on a few hours, as I don't think she's in much hurry to actually help ya out," he explains quietly.

"Besides," he says, flashing a genuine smile, "I really don't mind keepin' ya company. You seem like a nice enough pony, and I wouldn't mind answerin' any questions you may have about the Wasteland and whatnot. Or, if you'd rather me be quiet, I can just keep my trap shut. No worries either way."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Girdershade]

"Well..." Violetta did a bit of mental calculation. "I can say that Fleetwing literally being murdered isn't the most likely outcome. It's still a possibility, but I doubt Bucky's that aggressive, and he should know better than to pick a fight with us anyway. What I said was a sort of... hyperbola? No, wait, that's something completely different. Well, it was an exaggeration, certainly. But my point is that he wouldn't be happy."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Firbolg in the Playground

Manehatten - Road to Bucklyn

Scoops takes out and then immediately downs a bottle of cola. The bottle drops to the ground and she gets going. The wasteland is a big mean place... and she's a slightly unhinged mare with advanced stealth and combat training.

She also might be looking for a chance to try out her new gun properly.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Manehattan Scav Outpost]

One never knows when one may be intercepted by Surprise.

Case in point. Once Scoops has trotted out of sight Foxtrot will hear an exuberant, "HEY FOXY!" from right behind him. Should he turn he'll find the cybrog standing in his personal space wearing a huge grin. "I found a console I can plug into! Go grab your stuff and we can have a 'Sitting around with machines attached to our heads' party!"

That is by far one of the best kinds of parties. Right up there with a 'I sure am glad you didn't get murdered by zebra ninjas!' party.
    Manehatten Ruins- Theater Row -Scav Post 3:59 PM

Fox Trot

"Heh, sounds great Miss Surprise,"
    I said with a tired smile as I watched Whadda disappear off. I looked back at Surprise and nodded my head. "Lead the way madam." I said hammily and just as cheesily bowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    "Oh, Miss Gwendolyn?" he waves at his griffin companion. "If I stay out here, could you please see if there's a doctor who can fix me up, and a tailor who can help me repair the jacket?" he cheerfully asks her.

There was a small uncertain frown on the griffon, but she nodded her head with a small sigh. "Yes, very well Mister Lucky, I'll see to that.""

6. - Top - End - #1146

[Buckling Cross]

Before Whadda even arrives, a certain group of 3 rangers would arrive: one with a railgun, the other with dual miniguns, the other one had a carbine, is unarmed at the moment but carries a somewhat big sack, full of talismans; they would be just arriving (whatever's the way they arrive, could need help there )

Deeper into the base!

A young scribe student/initiate/something is reading and writing stuff, while a small little tiny colt is trying to wear power armor, apparently training at using it. The scribe notices and sighs

"Please Mile....Don't cause another disaster with that thing"

[TAG: Whoever controls Buckling Cross]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Outside Tenpony Tower]

Silly Lucky.
    She's probably pissy to everyone.

Either way, Down just sighs.

"Go enjoy yourself, Swiss."
    Doing...whatever it is "civilized" surfacers do in a place like this.
    Maybe take their bi-monthly warm showers?

And then Lucky seems even more determined to stick around.

By this point, the pegasus is rapidly losing her taste for telling people to keep going, so just trots off to a slightly more comfortable position to lay down at.
    Preferably not pointy rocks, and with a decent view of everything.

She's tired. Needs to rest her hooves...
    "Do what you like."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #1148

[Manehattan - Scav Outpost]

"Oki doki loki!" Surprise replies in a sing-sony voice before trotting off into the outpost once again. She heads straight for some seemly random side room (managers office, maybe?) and opens up the door. Bit of a mess in here... But room enough! And more importantly a console!

The cyber pony steps up along side the computer and plugs one of her cables into it!

"There! I've got EINet access now! Too bad they don't have Wifi in here..."
    ah well. Sometimes life can't be perfect. "Anyhoof! I'll do some data digging while you watch your memories Foxy! That way you don't have to worry about your stuff getting stolen!"

...hopefully Mister Sprinkles doesn't get upset about Foxtrot spending time alone with Surprise in a small room. Together.

Alone.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Ruins- Theater Row -Scav Post 4:10 PM

Fox Trot

Indeed, in a rather, cozy-ish room to boot.

I put on the Recollector on my head again and gave Surprise a smile. "Mighty fabulous ain't I? Haha.." I then sucked in my breath and fished around for one of my memory orbs and placed it where it was too go on this tiara. Something...happened....like a spark, my eyes went wide for a moment and then.....my body felt warm. I laid down on my stomach and closed my eyes. My world dissolved into nothingness and then.......

to be continued.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Scoops has a fantastic adventure on her way back to Bucklyn Cross! No doubt she learned an important and valuable lesson about the true worth of humble and seemingly useless objects.

That should leave her open to interaction with the other Steel Rangers! Of course she'll have to ride the boat over to the Cross since the thing is part of an old bridge in the middle of the bay. Maybe she'll encounter the trio of Rangers on the way over?

[Scav Outpost]

Surprise slooooowly closes her eyes and lets her mind zone out as she quietly drifts away into blackness...

Who knows who or what she might meet on the EINet?

11. - Top - End - #1151

Bucklyn Crossing

If a certain trio of ponies had arrived just before Scoops, they'd see a mare in synth-leather armor with a sword and pretty large sniper rifle. The armor's got MEW burns, there's dried blood under her nostrils, and there's some pretty new shotgun pellets resting dead center on her protection. Hehe... bandit panicked and tried to shoot her long range.

She seems rather casual about all that. The mare is just going to wait on a boat that should be expecting her.

If they got there earlier, they'd likely meet a paladin who's kind of steamed a Star Paladin seems to be commanding one of her knights directly. Then she'd be wondering what the hay they were doing there.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #1152

[Buckling Cross]

They would be arriving more or less at a similar time Scoops did, coming from the hyppocampus plant and carrying some sack, seemingly full of talismans.

Ray would just notice her, waiting for a boat too.
    "Oh, greetings, looks like you got something around, didn't you?"
    Blaster just turns when Ray talks, thinking he's talking to him, then notices Scoops and raises a hoof of "Hai", Burnshine doesn't seem to do much, she's wearing her armor again, but she just keeps looking into the bay for a boat.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153

Bucklyn Crossing

Either these particular Rangers have just now arrived in town, or the warnings about getting her started slipped their minds. Scoops sits on her haunches and begins.

"Well recently just some unfriendly natives heading in. I could say that today's been kind of busy, but that's it. You know the sort of things that suddenly get absurdly classified? That kind of stuff. Oh but we forgot introductions. Knight-errant Whadda Scoops. Manehatten recon squad 3."
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-10 at 04:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1154

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Bucklyn Crossing

Either these particular Rangers have just now arrived in town, or the warnings about getting her started slipped their minds. Scoops sits on her haunches and begins.

"Well recently just some unfriendly natives heading in. I could say that today's been kind of busy, but that's it. You know the sort of things that suddenly get absurdly classified? That kind of stuff. Oh but we forgot introductions. Knight-errant Whadda Scoops. Manehatten recon squad 3."
    "Knight Ray Shoothooves, sent on scavenging patrol to the southwest.... Well, I think this one was kind of strange, compared to the other few assignments, we got an energy plant full of alicorns and talismans, there's more, but that's possibly classified too, also possibly some crazed cult that apparently thinks the alicorns are good"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155

Bucklyn Crossing

Scoops continues on while keeping an eye out on the water. She's not sure when the boat is coming or who is controlling it. In any case, it's apparent that, for this conversation, thoughts flow from the brain to the mouth with little delay.

"Yah, those alphas have been everywhere lately. Took down three today. Funny storry, classified. Anyhoof, I was expecting you ponies to be a guard unit. Get this close to sundown the crazies start to come out. Well the craziers."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156

[Buckling Cross]

Blaster just sits down, Burnshine's not even moving.
    "Well, maybe, sometimes guarding, sometimes scavenging, curiously, I think most of the time guarding, I think..."
    He gives out kind of a long sigh
    "Wonder how are the kids doing..."
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Tenpony

Lucky waves farewell to TRSG!, Vinyl, and Gwendolyn as they make their way inside. He then trots over to join Down, sitting down several feet away from her out of courtesy, respect, and personal wariness. "What I'd like to," he tells her with a wistful smile, "Is be a nice guy. Whether that means enjoy a casual conversation and answer questions you may have, or whether it means sitting here in silence, doesn't really matter to me. It's whatever you prefer," he idly shrugs. "I'm not going to interrogate you about the Enclave, though, if you're worried about that," he smirks. "I'm sure you probably got enough of that from other folks today, anyway"

---
    Manehatten - Scav Post

Sergeant Sprinkles is hovering right outside the door, guarding his friends.

And listening.

Intently.

---
    Girdershade

Fizz listens to what Fleetwing has to say. "Oh, all metaphorical and stuff? Huh. I guess-"

And then she listens to what Violetta has to say. "Oh, so, there is a chance Bucky would kill Fleety? Well that's not good. I like Fleety," she pouts. "I mean, I like Bucky too. Both of them seem like they'd be nice ponies to date. But it seems like Bucky should be happy with whoever I decide to date, if he's supposed to care about me being happy and smiling and stuff. I mean, if you really care about somepony, then your own feelings should come after theirs, right?" she asks innocently.

It seems Soda Fizz finally understands dating! Hurray!

And then she frowns in annoyance. "So if he'd be that angry over me possibly dating Fleety, then obviously Bucky doesn't care enough about my feelings for me to date him! Hmph!" she huffs, turning away from the door.

Crisis averted? Kinda?

18. - Top - End - #1158

[Tenpony Tower]

Going up!

Up!

UP!

Up the elevator goes, carrying the disarmed TRSG!, Vinyl, Gwen, and the merchant twins. And of course the manticore cub hiding somewhere convenient. Hopefully the little bugger doesn't wriggle around too much.

With a DING! the doors open and our heroes are ushered into a world of opulence. Compared to the Wasteland at large, at least. The tower seems to have survived in all its pre-war glory, easily one of the most impressive pieces of architecture still standing. What were once offices have been converted into homes and businesses for well to do ponies.

The filthy newcomers are given little attention by the natives of the tower.

"Alright, first things first. We need to bring Vinyl to Homage," Sour says.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Outside Tenpony]

"Hm, nice."
    Down settles down into what would probably be a comfortable position, if she wasn't in full armor.
    As such...it's just adequate.

"From just a casual glance down here, you'd expect niceness to be about as common as a field of daisies."
    That is to say...non-existent.
    "Somewhat suspicious, if I had to play a hard view."

And if she hadn't met Swiss.
    "But I'll just assume you're weird instead."
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Weird is a word you could use for me, yes," Lucky says with a small smirk, before giving a shrug. "You're right, though. Niceness is a rarity in the Wasteland, and it pays to be wary of those claiming to be. Yeah, you sometimes find the folks who are genuinely good at heart, and actually want to be nice. Them Ruben Sandwich folks seem plenty nice, for instance. But generally speaking, most of the average folks who are trying to be nice are either naive idiots, want to manipulate and likely kill you, or they're attempting to sooth a guilty conscience," he muses aloofly.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Bucklyn Crossing

"I don't really have any contact with any initiates these days," Whadda muses. For a moment she finds it odd a recovery team has about half the usual members. "Heard Crusader Nit-Pick was doing some pistol marksmanship training with the initiates... that was a while ago. Been deployed for a while."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Down may as well be emotionless, for all the lack of emotes allowed by her suit, and the weary tone of her voice.

Such a long day.

But, she is responding at all, so obviously she isn't entirely against this conversation, even if she had tried to send Lucky away (briefly).
    "Not everyone would be kind, even in the best of circumstances, I guess. Just...worse now.
    Everything down here, just seems, I don't know. Designed to wear away."

From a world of "cloudy joy" as she seems to think it, this world truly is bleak and cheerless.

"Where do you draw strength from, Mister Break?"
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucky chuckles softly, and tips his hat back a bit. "Oh well this conversation turned awfully deep and soul-searchy without much warning," he says with a crooked smile.

The pegasus gives a shrug, and looks away for a moment to ponder. "Guess it depends on what you mean by strength. Strength of character? Strength against the corrupting forces of this wretched Wasteland? Psychological strength against the horrors I've witnessed and experienced? There are plenty of ways to be strong down here, Miss Down." He pauses, and gives a small, sad smile. "Plenty of ways to be weak, too, unfortunately."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"As long as you have a soul, you shouldn't search for one."
    Another one of Down's maybe-jokes.
    "What strength do you think of first, Mister Break? What kind of a pony are you? The big bad Enclave soldier is curious."

And now she's teasing him, it seems.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

Girdershade

Fizz listens to what Fleetwing has to say. "Oh, all metaphorical and stuff? Huh. I guess-"

And then she listens to what Violetta has to say. "Oh, so, there is a chance Bucky would kill Fleety? Well that's not good. I like Fleety," she pouts. "I mean, I like Bucky too. Both of them seem like they'd be nice ponies to date. But it seems like Bucky should be happy with whoever I decide to date, if he's supposed to care about me being happy and smiling and stuff. I mean, if you really care about somepony, then your own feelings should come after theirs, right?" she asks innocently.

It seems Soda Fizz finally understands dating! Hurray!
    Fleetwing sighed, a deepy, weary, but ultimately satisfied sigh. "Exact-"

And then she frowns in annoyance. "So if he'd be that angry over me possibly dating Fleety, then obviously Bucky doesn't care enough about my feelings for me to date him! Hmph!" she huffs, turning away from the door.

Crisis averted? Kinda?
    "-ly..."

The pegasus gulped audibly, his pale yellow face growing even further devoid of color. "Y-yeah, yeah, I think you got the gist of it. Glad we could help. With the sodas. And clearing things up. All that stuff. Uh, now, if you'll excuse us..." He trotted over, scooped up the schematics and caps, and tucked them back in his saddlebags with shaking hooves. "Violetta an' I realllllly gotta figure out where we're heading. Get a route planned. Check supplies. Forage. Y'know, survivaly stuff." As he talked rapidly, he edged closer and closer to the door, motioning none too subtly for Violetta to follow. "Soooooo, we're gonna be awful busy. And, y'know, don't want to keep you from your work. Got them sodas to sort out, right?" He wrangled another awkward chuckle from his gut.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucky smirks. "I should have asked Gwendolyn grab us some whiskey. A bottle of Wild Pegasus would be perfect for this little game of Truth or Dare."

He then gives an idle wave of his hoof. "Alright, fair enough. My strength comes from the belief that this broken world will remain fractured until ponies start trying to do something about it. Even if that 'doing something' is a small act of kindness or a few kind words, it's a step in the right direction," he informs her in factual manner. "This is also mixed with my own annoying inclinations towards 'doing the right thing,' whatever that means," he muses, rolling his eyes at himself.

"As for what kind of pony I am," he shrugs, "The short answer is I'm an idiot pegasus who's too nice for his own good, has a knack for being chatty and surviving freak accidents, carries a lot of burdens, and likes sniper rifles."

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Hmmm, a 'chatty nice stallion' is interested in trying to get me drunk. Well now."
    Amusement has crept into her tired voice, Down perhaps deliberately placing undesired emphasis on a passing comment.

Probably doesn't help that she takes a couple seconds too long to say something else.
    "Shame all the 'right' things that should be done, seem to be getting undone as they go."

If they added up properly, you'd think the world would have been healed a bit in the centuries it's been.
    "Too many small, not enough big."
    She ruffles her wings a bit, thoughtful on her own remark. What could be big enough to fix the wasteland, despite its multitude of problems?
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Oh nooooo, you've figured me out," Lucky replies with amused sarcasm. "I suppose my plans to seduce you, steal your armor, and gleefully frolic atop the clouds while incognito are doomed to failure now..." he laments playfully, even throwing in a dramatic sigh at the end.

"But yes, it is a shame," he remarks after a moment, his tone returning to one of seriousness and actual lamentation. "Unfortunately, more often than not, ponies' attempts at 'big' acts of kindness backfire horrifically, one way or another," he sighs.
    "But... I suppose 'one step forward, two steps back' isn't so bad, when the alternative is usually just 'only backwards."

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"So Mister Break frolics like a little filly after his seductions. My, I really am learning interesting things today."
    Temper the serious conversation with light-hearted...
    It's the only way to not suffer complete mood-collapse.

Down is attempting to keep the light tone in a bit, even as she moves on to the grimmer topic of the night.
    "Perhaps the big effects will backfire, but that's no different a backstep than the littler ones...
    Maybe someday they'll succeed, and fix this world."
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Tenpony Towner

Lucky chuckles, grinning at Down's jab. "Hey now, I was implying I would frolic because I was up atop the clouds, not because I succeeded with your seduction," he cheerfully replies, before smirking slyly. "So are you implying that wooing you would give me cause to prance around? My goodness, somepony is proud of their romantic capabilities," he playfully jabs.

Then it's back to the somber topics. "As for fixing the world..." he murmurs. "Honestly? I do believe Equestria will one day be better. I don't know how long it will take, or how it will happen. Maybe the Enclave will come down and restore order and civilization. Maybe peaceful, stable societies will rise from the works of Red Eye or Celestia's Legion. Maybe the peaceful settlements and pockets of civilization will just naturally spread out and grow stronger. Or, who knows, maybe Celestia will triumphantly return, or she left some crazy contingency spell to fix everything. I don't know how it will happen. I just know... one day... things will be better..." he idly explains.