New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Again with the face-hoofing. "The point ain't whether or not he would've pulled it off, the point is not to get shot at in the first place. Ponies can be mighty unpredictable when they get riled. Sometimes they shoot, even though they know they ain't got a prayer of winning. That's why you gotta be careful, else you'll end up without a leg or worse."

Still, Fleetwing found his anger cooling down to a simmering grump. Violetta was just...too dang receptive to stay steamed at. Almost made him wish she was a little more stubborn, that'd give him an excuse to really let her have it. The pegasus kicked a rock with a sullen sigh. He'd have to content himself with sulking in the shed later. "Look; just let me handle the talking when things get rough, okay? It's better if you just watch how it's done, instead of saying the wrong thing and screwing us over."
    "I understand. And there's no need to be snappish. Really, you're not being a good example right now. Have some more respect for me!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Girdershade]

Fleetwing suddenly turned on her, stomping his gun leg forward. "You want respect?! Well maybe next time you put your hide in the line of fire instead of making me pick up after your messes! 'Till then, I'll be as snappish as I dam...da...augh, as snappish as I want!" With a sharp huff, he started walking quickly back towards town. "I'm going back to th' shed. Don't wander off too far," he ordered curtly.

If she didn't stop him, he'd take off after a few paces and fly back into town.

[Tag: Purity]
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

"Oh, hello Miss Down, hello mister Lucky, you were just the current pony of interest in our discussion in regards to your surgery."
    Gwen said, choosing to come off as unfettered.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tenpony Tower - DJ Library

"Yes, it was Red Eye's tampering which shut down the Fillydelphia tower. Sending somepony in to fix that right now would be suicide," Homage sighs. "I hate not having access to those areas, but I also could not in good conscience send a pony or team of ponies into the jaws of Tartarus like that."

She then raises an eyebrow. "As for the Deadlands, I am actually unsure of why that tower is down, or whether it is protected or not. Mister Break's input may prove invaluable, if only so I may know whether or not to get my hopes up of one day having an eye on that little corner of the Wasteland," she muses.

---
    Tenpony Tower - Clinic

Lucky blinked. "Oh, I was?"

"Why yes!" the nurses cheerfully grins, acting much more chipper than she was just moments before. "We were just discussing how we've already been informed of your procedure being covered by the Tower. The doctor is ready to see you whenever you are ready!" she happily informs him.

Flim and Flam exchange dubious glances over the nurse's change of attitude.

The nurse has yet to look at Down, or acknowledge her presence. It may be worth noting that she's an earth mare.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bucklyn Cross

Whadda's off in a small meeting room alone right now. So sad.

Staccata takes a look at the talisman presented to her. Seems the kind of stuff wanted for the kind of mission this knight is describing. "Bet the scribes would want to get their hoofs on them then. Unfortunately, I don't know where to point you to get in touch with your officer." The mare motions with her head to follow her. She's making her way towards the meeting room.

"Quite frankly I don't know where your squad fits in around here or who you're under. I'd recommend taking this to the Star, but he's busy with something right now."

Bucklyn Cross Firing Range

At first Nit-Pick doesn't notice the little colt. He's wearing earmuffs and guns are louder. After a few seconds, he notices something off and turns to see a little colt. The crusader salutes him back and levitates the ear protection off.

"You're here for small arms training? Fired anything before so we don't have to start with point 22 guns?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Tenpony Tower - Clinic]

Oh good, they've already been informed.
    Looks like the tower isn't completely inept at spreading information around after all.

Down is going to remain quiet for a few moments, standing off to the side away from the others.
    Waiting for Lucky to trot off so she can inquire to the secretary about available medical procedures.

...assuming she doesn't just completely shut the Enclaver out, of course.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Tenpony Tower - Clinic

Lucky blinked. "Oh, I was?"

"Why yes!" the nurses cheerfully grins, acting much more chipper than she was just moments before. "We were just discussing how we've already been informed of your procedure being covered by the Tower. The doctor is ready to see you whenever you are ready!" she happily informs him.

Flim and Flam exchange dubious glances over the nurse's change of attitude.

The nurse has yet to look at Down, or acknowledge her presence. It may be worth noting that she's an earth mare.
    Even that had Gwendolyn looking at the nurse with a dubious glance.

Anyways.

"Do you know how long he'll be...out of it when the surgery is done?"
    She asked the nurse.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

The nurse smiles at Gwendolyn. "The procedures themselves won't take long, unless there are complications or the damage is more severe than expected."

Lucky whistles an innocent little tune.

"However, he'll have to stay overnight for monitoring and so the anesthesia can fully wear off. He'll be able to leave first thing in the morning, though," the mare explains.

Lucky shrugs. "Fine by me. Guess I'll just have to leave my gear with y'all," he mutters to Flim and Flam. "Pawn my hat or my gun and you're dead."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Flim smiles innocently.

"I dunno, what sort of price do you think we could get for them?" Flam smirks. Flim elbows him in the ribs. "I'm kidding, sheesh."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-17 at 07:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Bucklyn Cross

Whadda's off in a small meeting room alone right now. So sad.

Staccata takes a look at the talisman presented to her. Seems the kind of stuff wanted for the kind of mission this knight is describing. "Bet the scribes would want to get their hoofs on them then. Unfortunately, I don't know where to point you to get in touch with your officer." The mare motions with her head to follow her. She's making her way towards the meeting room.

"Quite frankly I don't know where your squad fits in around here or who you're under. I'd recommend taking this to the Star, but he's busy with something right now."
    He would follow
    "Squad of 3, squad's commander's with the other member, dropping off the rest of these... I don't think we were assigned to anything specifically, just recently-promoted knight assignments, most likely evaluative"

[Firing range]

He suddenly recoils a bit, like scared that he didn't do something he was supposed to

"F-fire them? I mostly think I armed them, but fire them?...No..."
    He still holds his composture, not really wanting to get in trouble

[Tag: MCerberus]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

"Don't worry Mister Lucky, your stuff is safe with me."
    The griffon said with a nod of her head.

11. - Top - End - #1421

[Tenpony Tower - Homage's Pad]

Swiss nods slowly as she flips through a few more pages. "I'll see what I can do to get Break's attention. I think he was planning on seeing Helpinghoof about his outbreak of mummy-face."

Mummy-face is awful.

The book is set aside as Swiss rises to her feet and grins at Homage. "It was really great meeting you. And really great meeting another changeling that I can talk to about changeling stuff! Do you mind if I take a book or two with me? I promise I'll return them before Tee Are Ess Gee leaves the tower!"

Hopefully the answer is yes! That'll let her do some reading without bugging Homage further. No doubt the DJ has all sorts of things she needs to be busy with.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

Lucky smiles at Gwendolyn. "Thanks, Miss Gwendolyn."

The poor griffin quickly finds herself loaded down with a pair of saddle bags, a bolt-action rifle, and of course, a well-worn hat. Lucky still keeps his vest, simply because he'd rather not feel completely naked. Especially in front of several ponies and a griffin. Most of whom are female. And would probably make snarky commentary.

"Alrighty then," the stallion remarks, turning to nod farewell to Flim, Flam, Gwendolyn, and Down. "I suppose this is goodnight then. See y'all tomorrow. But... if I don't make it..." he mutters, a look of sorrow appearing in his eyes, "I just want y'all to know......"

Beat.

"Eh, I got nothin'," Lucky shrugs, flashing a crooked grin before turning to trot towards the door that leads to the back of the clinic. "Night folks!"

Flim and Flam smirk in mild amusement. "Goodnight Mister Lucky!" they both say and wave in unison.

---
    Tenpony Tower - DJ Library

Homage smiles gives an idle wave of her hoof. "Oh, I'm sure he'll wind up here eventually, one way or another. And I am glad you enjoyed yourself. I must say, I quite enjoyed our meeting as well. And yes, you can borrow a few books, so long as you take good care of them. And of course, keep them from prying eyes, since several pristine 'treasonous' tomes on Changelings may rouse suspicion," she remarks with a smirk. "Goodnight, Swiss. Feel free to drop in any time."

13. - Top - End - #1423

[Tenpony Tower - Homage's Pad ==> Commons]

Swiss waves a hoof and stows the books away in her saddle bags before departing. Thankfully she has the presence of mind to remember that she arrived at the tower as a pegasus rather than a unicorn and makes that very important modification to her disguise.

That could have been trouble!

Alright...

Let's see...

Best place to start looking would probably be Helpinghoof's clinic. Even if Break is wonked out on meds by the time she arrives she can still leave the message from Homage. And if he isn't then he can hear it from her! After that? Healing Hooves Spa! Go see if Rye is down getting pampered yet.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-11-17 at 09:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Fleetwing suddenly turned on her, stomping his gun leg forward. "You want respect?! Well maybe next time you put your hide in the line of fire instead of making me pick up after your messes! 'Till then, I'll be as snappish as I dam...da...augh, as snappish as I want!" With a sharp huff, he started walking quickly back towards town. "I'm going back to th' shed. Don't wander off too far," he ordered curtly.

If she didn't stop him, he'd take off after a few paces and fly back into town.
    "There goes someone trying not to provoke others, then," muttered Violetta. She turned and walked toward town, making sure to take a different route so as to avoid any continued argument.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bucklyn Cross

Considering recent events, and the shortage of ponies actively wanting to go into the part of the armed structure that doesn't get all the best toys and glory, Staccata decides there's something to work with here. "Your first mission, you had half a squad and no casualties. I have an ongoing project that requires results and discretion."

It appears the two have arrived at a door. "Recon can make use of a wide variety of skillsets."

Bucklyn Cross Firing Range

"Well you've got to star at some point don't you?" Nit-Pick puts down the 9mm and looks over at a cabinet. Luckily they have training guns around, and the main armor... really doesn't need the pea-shooters back. He levitates one over to the colt.

It's a simply little single-shot target rifle with a hoof trigger. "Just step up, take the safety off, line up the sights, and squeeze the trigger."

*beat*
    "oh right." Nit-Pick finds a step-stool.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Tenpony Tower - Clinic]

"Goodnight, Mister Break."
    Down watches him wander off, before immediately moving in on the secretary.

Maybe that'll spare her whatever the FlimFlams are undoubtedly hoping to pester her about.
    "Excuse me miss, I was interesting in learning a bit about the services offered here..."
    Hopefully she won't be ignored! Or stopped.

Those would be bothersome.
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

"No Mister Lucky, your sorry bum is going to make it through the surgery. Or else," She playfully warned, indicated by a tiny smile on her beak.

"Good night Mister Lucky."

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

Lucky gives one last crooked smirk at his friends and associates, before his bandaged-visage disappears down the hall leading to the doctor's offices or whatever he's supposed to go to.

The nurse's smile fades the moment he's out of sight. "Yes, may I help you?" the mare asks Down when she approaches. Her tone indicates that she either hates her job, hates dealing with ponies like Down, or both.

And then Down asks about services! The mare lets out a small sigh, clearly not thrilled with having to list everything off. "We offer a wide variety of procedures, treatments, and options for our patients. Surgery using cutting edge technology and magic, drug rehabilitation programs, psychological counseling, physical therapy, standard medical treatments and care, cybernetic and synthetic implant procedures, and of course, production and sales of various medicinal supplies. Oh, and we can also treat radiation poisoning. Nothing for Taint though. Besides a bullet," she frowns.

Flim and Flam both grimace. Taint. Blek. Nasty stuff...

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Tenpony Tower - Clinic]

Down does her best to not be outwardly bothered by the secretary's poor pony skills.
    It helps that no one can see the faint frown on her face.

Hoozah masks.

The list of services, however...is very interesting and telling. Clearly the surface wasn't quite as bad off as expected, if even small portions of it were capable of this level of medical science.
    "Cutting edge" is likely not quite what she would call it, but the offering of cybernetics and the like is certainly not mundane, by any stretch of the imagination.

Fascinating.

"One last line of curiosity: how far can you go with the cybernetics? And what do you usually do?"
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #1430

[Tenpony Tower - Helpinghoof Clinic]

Ah HA!

There it is!

Swiss managed to make it down to the clinic without anything horrible happening along the way! And she certainly didn't cause any food-related disasters.

Wandering around in large crowds has always felt... weird... to her. So many conflicting ambient emotions! The changeling can hardly resist taking a nibble here and there. Certainly nothing that would be noticed or missed. It sure does help that Tenpony is a place where one kind find ponies that are abjectly miserable!

Oh hey! There are a bunch of ponies Swiss knows!

The mock-pegasus waves a hoof at those gathered inside the clinic.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

"Limb replacement, various small modifications and implants. Nothing like a full cyberpony conversion, if that is what you're asking," the nurse factually explains. "There may be other procedures available, but those are experimental or case-by-case. You'd have to speak to one of the doctors about that."

Flim and Flam wave at Swiss. The nurse raises an eyebrow.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Tenpony Tower - Clinic]

Hmmm, so not quite at Old World levels in that regard either.
    To be expected, but...somehow disappointing.

Down gives a little nod of her head and backs away a bit.
    "Thank you for the information. All I needed."
    All done! No more pestering for the grumpy ol' secretary to deal with, for the moment.

Oh hey Swiss arrived.
    After a second or two of blank staring, she remembers she's supposed to wave back. Be friendly towards the one who's going to help you!
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #1433

"Hey! The DJ's assistant wanted to talk to Break once he's done having his case of mummy-face taken care of. She told me to pass the message along!"

And now they know and will be able to inform Lucky of this once he's done with his facial reconstruction.

With that done Down is flashed a totally normal pony grin. No creepy teeth involved.

"So! You wanted me to lend you a hoof with your armor, right? We could head back to Sour's place and get started on that! With all the junk we scavenged today fixing up your gear should be a breeze!"

Aaaaaand she'll get a look at how Enclave armor is designed! Fun for everypony!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade - Back to the shed]

Swift and Gleamy would spy the pegasus flapping his way back to town. It would be hard to tell, perhaps not having seen a pegasus in flight for quite some time, but judging how he was angrily gesticulating at the air and flapping his wings irregularly, he seemed a bit upset. He made a beeline for the shed, and shut the door tight behind him.

[Inside the shed again]

Fleetwing tried to focus on the task at hand; namely, picking out a destination for the two of them, but he just couldn't keep his thoughts straight. One moment, he was studying a map, the next, Bucky was eyeing him dangerously, tapping away at the Kneecapper, and then he'd be back in the field, yelling Violetta's ear off. Neither of these visions helped him narrow it down beyond "Let's go for a city!" The pegasus got to his hooves and started jogging in circles, trying to clear his head. And so he'd remain for some time, unless otherwise disturbed.

[Tag: Blade, Luka, Lycan if anything in the town happens]
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

Aaand Gwendolyn was just there, sorta listening, not really sure on why she was still sticking around. The bit about the DJ's assistant wanting to talk to Lucky wasn't useful since she already obtained that information during her encounter with said assistant.

She turned to Flim and Flam. "I think I'm ready to leave the clinic."

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tenpony Tower - Clinic

Flim and Flam both smile at Swiss. "Oh, you need to tell Mister Lucky something?" Flam asks.

"He just went back to the examination room," Flim informs her, pointing at the door Lucky went through.

"Or the doctor's office."

"One or the other."

"Maybe you can still catch him?

"He's only been gone a second."

The nurse keeps a neutral expression, but slightly raises an eyebrow.

Swiss may or may not realize that listening to Flim and Flam's suggestions is rarely a good idea.

Flim and Flam then smile at Gwendolyn. "Where to next?" they ask in unison.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-18 at 02:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Tenpony Tower - Clinic]

Oh dear, they're leaving, which will leave no one to pass that message along.

Not like it'll matter much until post-recovery...

Down proceeds to not really worry about that at all, instead just giving Swiss a slow nod and moving towards the exit again.
    She was struck in equal parts how this was an utterly terrible idea, and how it was also a horribly essential one.

The surface was terrible about things like this.
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #1438

Swiss just waves dismissively. "Nah, they can leave a note or something! I've got some important business to attend to!"

Like taking that armor apart!

Weeeee!

Swiss will begin trotting merrily back toward Sour's penthouse!

Hopefully they won't be accosted along the way. But then... Tenpony really isn't the sort of place where very much accosting happens. Unless one counts the accosting of one's supply of caps on account of the prices...

"So what do you think of our little slice of civilization so far, Down?" Swiss asks curiously.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Tenpony Tower - Relocating]

Down would rather prefer her armor not get completely dismantled for repairing purposes...
    So many things could go wrong with that.

There's a little bit of a fidget before she elects to answer the not-a-pony's question, with a carefully settled evenness.
    Not that it'll help disguise nervousness when someone's an effective empath.

"It's a little more capable than I expected. How do they sustain all of this down here?"
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #1440

[Tenpony Tower - Moondancer's Penthouse]

"I have no idea!" Swiss replies quite helpfully as she shoves the door to Sour's home open and trots inside. Looks like Corn is already here! And judging from the smell he must be cooking something for dinner. "Hey Corn! Down and I are back! What are ya fixin'?"

"That's gunna be a surprise for all y'all," the earth pony yells back from the kitchen.

Swiss just gives a bit of a laugh and gestures to the nearby couch. "Have a seat! And I'll see what I can do with that armor of yours. It looks like your repair talisman is a bit iffy... We might be able to replace it with one of the ones we got out of the Steel Ranger armor!"

Woohoo!