New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FwM] Miscellaneous Outside Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Of course and maybe....I can get real answers about that crazy mare from the train too,"
    He whispered with a furrowed expression. He and Icy would eventually walk outside the aquarium and into the Adjacent Park proper. Whispers of a unique little winter wonderland in the park would make itself a small rumor passed around a few tourists.

Anyways, who knows, perhaps the pair would by chance stumble across a manic Lone Star looking for them too?
    And of course, comedic convention dictate this occur in a ludicrous and enraging manner.

Lone Star, manic as he was, was looking for Fox Trot and Icy but NOT watching where he was going. So of course, he turned a corner and crashed straight into Fox Trot, knocking him over.

And ending in a compromising position. With their snouts pressed together.

And to those watching: these two are supposed to severely dislike each other.

Lone Star, of course, jumped back and spat to the side. BLAAAARGH!! Oh Princesses, it tastes like... like... huh, not that bad actually. Is that cinnamon? I think it's cinnamon.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa Shag

"Indeed Mister Copper Shine,"
    He said reading over sections IV and the last one, his own ideas for the applications forming in his head. A small smile crept their way as he took another drink. Sandy Shores?...There was something familiar about that name...He wondered....

"This is why I propose we have a face to face meeting."

============================

Fox Trot-Manehatten

Fox's face immediately contorted as their muzzles touched in such a particular manner and jumped back the same time as Lone Star. "Aww damnit.,..really?..REALLY? That had to happen?" He groaned as the three solicited stares and giggles from the crowd.

"Yea...its cinnamon...-"

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa Shag

"Indeed Mister Copper Shine,"
    He said reading over sections IV and the last one, his own ideas for the applications forming in his head. A small smile crept their way as he took another drink. Sandy Shores?...There was something familiar about that name...He wondered....

"This is why I propose we have a face to face meeting."
    For the second time in so few minutes, Balboa heard nothing from the other line. Nothing, that is, apart from gasping, frantic whispering, and general shock. "A-ah, yes! Yes of course, sir. That would be most ideal. We could arrange something sometime-"

"Uh, hello? Is anypony there? I've was wondering if you had anything for a sore-

"WE'RE CLOSED!"

*SLAM!*

"...I believe our schedule is wide open, Mister Shag. We can gather our things, hire a teleporter, and be there within the hour, if you should want it. When should we be there?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-02-28 at 06:57 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa Shag

He looked at his schedule for the morning, and saw it was somewhat on the full side.

He'd have Astrid rearrange his morning schedule for another day, he could do that. "How about within the next hour?"

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa Shag

He looked at his schedule for the morning, and saw it was somewhat on the full side.

He'd have Astrid rearrange his morning schedule for another day, he could do that. "How about within the next hour?"
    "Very well, Mister Shag. We shall be at your front doorstep within the hour, ready to explain more magical science than you likely care to read." Copper chuckled at his little joke.

Meanwhile, in the background, one could hear the sounds of drawers and cupboards being thrown open and various items chucked about the room. An hour didn't leave much time for packing.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot-Manehatten

Fox's face immediately contorted as their muzzles touched in such a particular manner and jumped back the same time as Lone Star. "Aww damnit.,..really?..REALLY? That had to happen?" He groaned as the three solicited stares and giggles from the crowd.

"Yea...its cinnamon...-"
    Icy meanwhile, quickly dragged a hoof over her face in a futile attempt to shield her own face. What a way to end an impromptu date. "Boys..." she muttered. Then something about Lone Star's behaviour struck her. "Why were you in such a hurry anyway?"

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Fox Trot-Manehatten

"Yea...its cinnamon...-"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy meanwhile, quickly dragged a hoof over her face in a futile attempt to shield her own face. What a way to end an impromptu date. "Boys..." she muttered. Then something about Lone Star's behaviour struck her. "Why were you in such a hurry anyway?"
    Oh! Right! He grabbed the two and dragged them cartoon-style to a place with no ponies. He looked around for a bit before turning and whispering to them conspiratorially, They know we are here. Moreover, they know our hotel room. I got a letter while you two were gone.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Oh! Right! He grabbed the two and dragged them cartoon-style to a place with no ponies. He looked around for a bit before turning and whispering to them conspiratorially, They know we are here. Moreover, they know our hotel room. I got a letter while you two were gone.
    "I guess we aren't as crafty as we think we are," Icy said without missing a beat. It wasn't surprising, to be fair. There are only so many trio of misfits in Manehattan than fitted their description. "Question is, what now?"

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Very well, Mister Shag. We shall be at your front doorstep within the hour, ready to explain more magical science than you likely care to read." Copper chuckled at his little joke.

Meanwhile, in the background, one could hear the sounds of drawers and cupboards being thrown open and various items chucked about the room. An hour didn't leave much time for packing.

"Right, heh, though I suggest you teleport appear at the front gate, my guards aren't so kind to strangers popping up at the door without going through the front gate procedure. It is just protocol."
    He said idly taking another drink and going briefly silent.

=================================================
    "I guess we aren't as crafty as we think we are," Icy said without missing a beat. It wasn't surprising, to be fair. There are only so many trio of misfits in Manehattan than fitted their description. "Question is, what now?"

'What did the letter say Lone Star?"
    Fox Trot asked switching to a seriousness after that whole hubbub just moments ago. He then glanced at Icy. "We'll just have to wing it."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Fox Trot asked switching to a seriousness after that whole hubbub just moments ago. He then glanced at Icy. "We'll just have to wing it."
    Lone Star shrugged. Cliche villian stuff. 'For your own sake stop looking into what you're looking into', blah blah blah.

Heh heh. 'Wing it'.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

"Right, heh, though I suggest you teleport appear at the front gate, my guards aren't so kind to strangers popping up at the door without going through the front gate procedure. It is just protocol."
    He said idly taking another drink and going briefly silent.
    "Yes, yes, of course. And besides, who would dare miss the chance to see the Shag Estate as it was meant to be seen? Trotting up the front path, and beholding its glory in the early sunrise?"

A load of flattery and boot-licking, but darned if it wasn't good flattery at that.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star shrugged. Cliche villian stuff. 'For your own sake stop looking into what you're looking into', blah blah blah.

Heh heh. 'Wing it'.
    "I hope you have a more concrete plan than just 'Wing it.'," Icy said dryly, opting not to respond to Lone Star's little joke. "If they know we're in the hotel, that also means going back to our room would be a great risk."

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, yes, of course. And besides, who would dare miss the chance to see the Shag Estate as it was meant to be seen? Trotting up the front path, and beholding its glory in the early sunrise?"

A load of flattery and boot-licking, but darned if it wasn't good flattery at that.
    And he did enjoy some boot-licking and flattery. He did enjoy having his ego stroked just as much as he liked being in the company of cute mares. "Mmm yes yes, keep the flattery rivers flowing hahah." He said to Copper Shine with a laugh.

Heh heh. 'Wing it'.

He winced at the letter contents.

"I hope you have a more concrete plan than just 'Wing it.'," Icy said dryly, opting not to respond to Lone Star's little joke. "If they know we're in the hotel, that also means going back to our room would be a great risk."

"Its a risk we're going to take since I don't see my 'special' suitcase on Lone Star. We're going to have to play it as not to draw any unwanted attention. Play it off like nothing going back."
    Lone Star would of course remember his own crazy attention calling behavior from the moment he stepped out of the hotel room.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

And he did enjoy some boot-licking and flattery. He did enjoy having his ego stroked just as much as he liked being in the company of cute mares. "Mmm yes yes, keep the flattery rivers flowing hahah." He said to Copper Shine with a laugh.

He winced at the letter contents.

"Its a risk we're going to take since I don't see my 'special' suitcase on Lone Star. We're going to have to play it as not to draw any unwanted attention. Play it off like nothing going back."
    Lone Star would of course remember his own crazy attention calling behavior from the moment he stepped out of the hotel room.
    Lone Star stared at Fox Trot for a bit, and then said slowly, I wasn't exactly worried about not drawing attention to myself coming down here. Did you think I crashed into you because I wanted to pretend I was panicky?

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star stared at Fox Trot for a bit, and then said slowly, I wasn't exactly worried about not drawing attention to myself coming down here. Did you think I crashed into you because I wanted to pretend I was panicky?
    "Well, whatever you did, damage has been done. I don't think playing it cool would help any, since well, they already know we know and they made sure we know it." Icy pinched the bridge of her muzzle. This was getting ridiculous.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot faced hooved in his mind's eye and softly sighed. "Well in case we can't let them continue to think we're...all what Lone Star was acting like earlier. We can still play it calm and cool at this point."

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

"Mere flatter? You wound me, Mister Shag. For how could a pony speak anything but the truth in the face of your deeds and accomplishments? Such bravery, such selfless altruism, such care for mother Equestria, why it demands the highest praise!"

"Oh good grief."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

"Mere flatter? You wound me, Mister Shag. For how could a pony speak anything but the truth in the face of your deeds and accomplishments? Such bravery, such selfless altruism, such care for mother Equestria, why it demands the highest praise!"

"Oh good grief."
    "If flattery could injure, why I think I'd find myself hospitalized right now, hahaha." He laughed and hummed a bit.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot faced hooved in his mind's eye and softly sighed. "Well in case we can't let them continue to think we're...all what Lone Star was acting like earlier. We can still play it calm and cool at this point."
    "If you think so." Icy's voice remained doubtful, but the ice mage decided not to press the point.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

"If flattery could injure, why I think I'd find myself hospitalized right now, hahaha." He laughed and hummed a bit.
    "If you think so." Icy's voice remained doubtful, but the ice mage decided not to press the point.
    They'll already know I'm panicky - I'll move back in that direction quick-and-panicked-like. They might assume I haven't found you yet - keep your eyes peeled.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

"Why, if it did, I'd imagine you would have the resilience of an elder dragon in-"

"...ah, Mister Shag, my partner is threatening to use medical devices upon my person in ways that they were never designed if I do not assist her in packing. May I humbly ask your leave so as to keep having a tongue to continue to give you the praise you so rightfully deserve?"

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

They'll already know I'm panicky - I'll move back in that direction quick-and-panicked-like. They might assume I haven't found you yet - keep your eyes peeled.

"Alright...we'll go our separate ways...come on Icy....Let's go take a pony drawn carriage ride.."
    Fox said as he ushered Icy away as casually as he could without looking obviously. He then fell into the role that nothing was wrong, that he was just a stallion out with his fillyfriend on this nice day.

===========
    "Why, if it did, I'd imagine you would have the resilience of an elder dragon in-"

"...ah, Mister Shag, my partner is threatening to use medical devices upon my person in ways that they were never designed if I do not assist her in packing. May I humbly ask your leave so as to keep having a tongue to continue to give you the praise you so rightfully deserve?"

"I might have to speak to your partner myself in a scolding manner hahah...and you may tell her that,"
    Balboa laughed in his humming manner. "Anyways, very well, off with you. I'll be seeing you two soon." He then hung up.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

"Alright...we'll go our separate ways...come on Icy....Let's go take a pony drawn carriage ride.."
    Fox said as he ushered Icy away as casually as he could without looking obviously. He then fell into the role that nothing was wrong, that he was just a stallion out with his fillyfriend on this nice day.
    Icy followed after her coltfriend, trying her best to keep up appearances. Though glancing back every five seconds probably spoiled that little illusion.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

[???]

Copper Shine would laugh along with Balboa's jokes, only daring to hang up after the other stallion had.

[53 minutes later - Outside the Shag Estate]

A bright flash of light signaled the magical appearance of three ponies outside Balboa Shag's front gate. Copper's golden red coat positively gleamed in the early light; in spite of the hurried journey and heavy pack on his side, he'd still found time to make himself presentable. Snow Angel...carried a smidgen of her natural beauty through her tired eyes, slightly frazzled mane, and the two bulging saddlebags she carried. The third, a forest green unicorn who carried himself with an air of practiced disinterest, stood silently behind them.

Copper nodded to his partner, before trotting forth to address the guards. "Copper Shine, Snow Angel, and transport. Mister Shag should be expecting us?"

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

Icy followed after her coltfriend, trying her best to keep up appearances. Though glancing back every five seconds probably spoiled that little illusion.

Fox glanced at Icy disapprovingly as she broke their little guise with her behavior. He gave her a little ear nip as he casually glanced within his peripheral vision. "Babe....just relax...I need you to act inconspicuous."

[???]

Copper Shine would laugh along with Balboa's jokes, only daring to hang up after the other stallion had.

[53 minutes later - Outside the Shag Estate]

A bright flash of light signaled the magical appearance of three ponies outside Balboa Shag's front gate. Copper's golden red coat positively gleamed in the early light; in spite of the hurried journey and heavy pack on his side, he'd still found time to make himself presentable. Snow Angel...carried a smidgen of her natural beauty through her tired eyes, slightly frazzled mane, and the two bulging saddlebags she carried. The third, a forest green unicorn who carried himself with an air of practiced disinterest, stood silently behind them.

Copper nodded to his partner, before trotting forth to address the guards. "Copper Shine, Snow Angel, and transport. Mister Shag should be expecting us?"
    Two guards stood at the front gate and exchanged glances with the other when a familiar voice cracked in on the voice call box on one of the gate pillars.

"Indeed I am, be kind and let our guests in, there should be a small open top carriage once you enter,"
    Balboa's voice said through the speaker. In his office, Balboa was watching them through a security orb of his.

With that said, the guards opened the gates and let them in where indeed there was an open top carriage waiting for them.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox glanced at Icy disapprovingly as she broke their little guise with her behavior. He gave her a little ear nip as he casually glanced within his peripheral vision. [COLOR="Sienna"][SIZE="1"]"Babe....just relax...I need you to act inconspicuous."
    Icy's ears flattened in response. "Sorry. I guess the letter spooked me more than I thought..." She kept her gaze forward this time, trying her best to look calm and collected.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Two guards stood at the front gate and exchanged glances with the other when a familiar voice cracked in on the voice call box on one of the gate pillars.

"Indeed I am, be kind and let our guests in, there should be a small open top carriage once you enter,"
    Balboa's voice said through the speaker. In his office, Balboa was watching them through a security orb of his.

With that said, the guards opened the gates and let them in where indeed there was an open top carriage waiting for them.
    Copper clapped his forehooves in delight. "Splendid! We shall be there in moments, Mister Shag." He deposited his own bags on the carriage before helping Snow with hers, and then the trio took their seats.

Snow Angel constantly shot nervous glances to the guards and the gate they'd just entered. Some would say it was decorative; she might say it was a prison in potentia. At least the skies were open, unless he had ballista stationed around the grounds as well. Before she started wondering too deeply into how large a shrubbery could hide a catapult, a gentle, reassuring hoof on her shoulder brought her focus back to reality. The pegasus took a few deep, long breaths and bowed her head to her partner. "Doing fine, Copper. Just...be careful, alright?"

The smooth-tongued pony sat back, awaiting the trip to the front door. "Always am, Snow. Always am."

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's ears flattened in response. "Sorry. I guess the letter spooked me more than I thought..." She kept her gaze forward this time, trying her best to look calm and collected.
    Fox softly sighed and gave her an encouraging smile. "I won't let nothing bad happen to us." He softly kissed the top of her head as they walked through park, Fox opting for keeping to the more populated sidewalks. He kept a subtle eye out.
    ---

Copper clapped his forehooves in delight. "Splendid! We shall be there in moments, Mister Shag." He deposited his own bags on the carriage before helping Snow with hers, and then the trio took their seats.

Snow Angel constantly shot nervous glances to the guards and the gate they'd just entered. Some would say it was decorative; she might say it was a prison in potentia. At least the skies were open, unless he had ballista stationed around the grounds as well. Before she started wondering too deeply into how large a shrubbery could hide a catapult, a gentle, reassuring hoof on her shoulder brought her focus back to reality. The pegasus took a few deep, long breaths and bowed her head to her partner. "Doing fine, Copper. Just...be careful, alright?"

The smooth-tongued pony sat back, awaiting the trip to the front door. "Always am, Snow. Always am."

And so they were taken in on the carriage and taken to the front entrance. It was a massive front yard with almost endless green and a decorative garden where the different colored flowers took on the shape of his cutie mark and insignia, the all seeing eye.

Anyways, after that relatively short ride they would find themselves at the large gilded front doors. The doors would be magically opened by another pair of guards, unicorn as they stepped out and walked in. Opulent would be one word to describe the inside as they came in view of marble floors and the grand double staircase. Overhead hung a large crystal chandelier, magically enchanted to cast subtle and various warm hues. Several maid servants could be seen towards the back going about their cleaning duties.

"Greetings, Mister Balboa Shag is expecting you in his office," Came the monotone voice of Feather Duster who greeted them with a nod of his head.

(blargh...I'm super tired at this point...I'll get my FwM post in, in the morning @_@)

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

[Shag Estate]

Snow's eyes were drawn to the opulence like a moth to flame. This place didn't just smell of money; the very air exuded the stuff. Deep pockets meant big labs, big resources, and big progress. Big risk too; harder to back out of a deal when the other side owns all the cards.

Copper took the obvious display of wealth in stride, offering appreciative whistles when appropriate. "My, my, it seems that the rumours of the Shag Estate don't begin to do it justice." He nodded to Feather Duster. "Thank you, my good pony. Do lead on, and if you could find a place for our transport to wait, I would be most appreciative."

Their teleporter stood awkwardly at the doorway, trying to hide the fact he was eying some of the smaller vases and decorations.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

[Shag Estate]

Snow's eyes were drawn to the opulence like a moth to flame. This place didn't just smell of money; the very air exuded the stuff. Deep pockets meant big labs, big resources, and big progress. Big risk too; harder to back out of a deal when the other side owns all the cards.

Copper took the obvious display of wealth in stride, offering appreciative whistles when appropriate. "My, my, it seems that the rumours of the Shag Estate don't begin to do it justice." He nodded to Feather Duster. "Thank you, my good pony. Do lead on, and if you could find a place for our transport to wait, I would be most appreciative."

Their teleporter stood awkwardly at the doorway, trying to hide the fact he was eying some of the smaller vases and decorations.
    "Of course sir, he can wait in the parlor room," Replied the monotone'd butler. He motioned for one of the guards standing, well guard at the sides of the staircases. The guard nodded and escorted their transport with a watchful eye.

Feather Duster then motioned for Snow and Copper to follow him as he lead them up into the right staircase and into the right wing. Along the way many portraits of the ridiculously wealthy stallion could be seen in various poses. Along with a few that included a small colt with his mane and coat color scheme.

Anyways, Feather Duster eventually led them to a pair of red mahogany doors, which led to Balboa's office. There were another pair of guards stationed there, one of a blue and red color scheme.

"These two are Balboa's guests, he's expecting them," He told them as they obeyed and stood to the side opening the doors. Inside Balboa sat in his just as opulent office where he casually drank some scotch or was it whiskey? Eh, doesn't matter.