New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FwM] Miscellaneous Outside Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Mmm...well...thank you for saying you'll go that extra mile,"
    Balboa smiled with a playful eyeroll. As for Astrid, she was still there in the background and rolled her eyes as well, but less playful and more 'good grief'. "Well my dear, I suggest you go get ready as well, as for myself...I believe a bath is in order...don't want to smell like booze of course."
    She grinned slyly and batted her eyelashes. Would you like any help with that, sir? She half-purred.

Lemon Tea stared oddly at Ink Pen and the seeming nonsense coming out of his mouth, she felt confused and rather 'bwhuhish'. Quick Step suspiciously eyed the lot, taking in their words carefully but said nothing.

"Oh..then.." Said Cerise as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Well do you guys want any help carrying that stuff? Looks like a lot there.."
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Oh no, no. Ink Pen is stronger than he looks," Icy replied with a plastic smile. "Right, Ink Pen?" Irregardless of Lone Star's actual response, she would continue to nudge the two stallions ahead, and hopefully away from the group of helpful mares before they could ask any more awkward questions.
    Zank you for ze concern, ladies, but I haff got zis. Lone Star replied, smiling a bit. Really.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh no, no. Ink Pen is stronger than he looks," Icy replied with a plastic smile. "Right, Ink Pen?" Irregardless of Lone Star's actual response, she would continue to nudge the two stallions ahead, and hopefully away from the group of helpful mares before they could ask any more awkward questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Zank you for ze concern, ladies, but I haff got zis. Lone Star replied, smiling a bit. Really.
    Cerise wanly frowned and briefly sucked some air through her teeth and moved out of the doorway. "Mmm...alright then....well...me and the girls will get out of your manes...see you lot at the gala?"

"Uh yea, sure, yes, right, well bye for now, be safe, and sorry,"
    Fox said sheepishly as he locked the door behind him after Lone Star and Icy exited.
    =====

She grinned slyly and batted her eyelashes. Would you like any help with that, sir? She half-purred.
    Balboa smirked and stepped up close, breathing gently against her ear. "For some reason I get the feeling that if you helped me we'd never get to the gala in time." Too many bubble fights of course. He chuckled and walked passed her. "I think I'll handle it myself, I do sometimes like to pretend I'm a grown stallion, hahah."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Cerise wanly frowned and briefly sucked some air through her teeth and moved out of the doorway. "Mmm...alright then....well...me and the girls will get out of your manes...see you lot at the gala?"

Fox said sheepishly as he locked the door behind him after Lone Star and Icy exited.
    Hope to... zee you... zere. Lone Star nodded, doing his best to hide how heavy the shopping was.

Balboa smirked and stepped up close, breathing gently against her ear. "For some reason I get the feeling that if you helped me we'd never get to the gala in time." Too many bubble fights of course. He chuckled and walked passed her. "I think I'll handle it myself, I do sometimes like to pretend I'm a grown stallion, hahah."
    Hay Bale smiled and trotted out of the office as well. I'll finish packing. Still need need to find a bat.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

Hope to... zee you... zere. Lone Star nodded, doing his best to hide how heavy the shopping was.
    Icy nodded politely at them and continued to smile until they left their sight. Then she glanced at Fox. "We better get moving before anypony else asks awkward questions."

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

Icy nodded politely at them and continued to smile until they left their sight. Then she glanced at Fox. "We better get moving before anypony else asks awkward questions."
    "Right," He nodded and so they left.
    -----

"Ugh...I can't believe how fishy they were acting...those three...are up to something, I just know it...well...at least two of them.." Quick Step said to her friends.

"Are you still hung up on that? Jeeze..." Cerise said rolling her eyes.

"What?....You should be questioning yourselves and your annoying chumminess." Quick harumphed.

"Whatever Quick...I think its interesting...like a real life soap opera hahah.." Sun Kissed laughed and playfully ribbed Quick who was not amused.

"Whatever yourself....that whole scene smelled of suspicious..." She nickered as they continued on their way.
    ====================================

Fox, Icy and Lone Star would soon find themselves on a carriage after Fox signed them out. They would soon find themselves making their way up to Upper Manehatten and at a nice bay and gable styled home where on both sides were rows of similar looking homes but with enough differences that they weren't total copies of each other.

Outside was a light purple earth pony stallion with a short cropped light red mane. He sported a casual 'dad' look in his clothing. He waved at them when they stepped off.

"Heya ya'll," He spoke with a slight twang as he smiled at them. "Name's Chamber." He said introducing himself to Icy and Lone Star. "The buddy Fox here probably mentioned hahah."
    =================================
    Hay Bale smiled and trotted out of the office as well. I'll finish packing. Still need need to find a bat.

"Try the recreational facility the guards use,"
    He said as he started to head in an opposite direction of her.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox, Icy and Lone Star would soon find themselves on a carriage after Fox signed them out. They would soon find themselves making their way up to Upper Manehatten and at a nice bay and gable styled home where on both sides were rows of similar looking homes but with enough differences that they weren't total copies of each other.

Outside was a light purple earth pony stallion with a short cropped light red mane. He sported a casual 'dad' look in his clothing. He waved at them when they stepped off.

"Heya ya'll," He spoke with a slight twang as he smiled at them. "Name's Chamber." He said introducing himself to Icy and Lone Star. "The buddy Fox here probably mentioned hahah."
    Icy tilted her head politely at Chamber. "Icy Touch. I'm sure Fox already introduced all of us as well." She shot a glance at Lone Star, who was probably nearly collapsing from the weight of the luggage. "Um... do you think you can accommodate..." She waves a hoof at the pile of luggage. "... all these?"

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Mein spiiiine...

"Try the recreational facility the guards use,"
    He said as he started to head in an opposite direction of her.
    Why would you have bats in a recreational facility? She muttered to herself, walking off. Flying rodents aren't really conducive to baseball.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

Icy tilted her head politely at Chamber. "Icy Touch. I'm sure Fox already introduced all of us as well." She shot a glance at Lone Star, who was probably nearly collapsing from the weight of the luggage. "Um... do you think you can accommodate..." She waves a hoof at the pile of luggage. "... all these?"
    Mein spiiiine...
    "He has and he didn't quite describe your beauty like he should have," Chamber said with a grin and formally bowed at Icy while looking at Fox to see his reaction. Fox fell for it and shot him a slightly gaped look that only prompted a laugh from Chamber. The stallion then walked over to Lone Star, stared at him for a moment and then casually relieved Lone Star of most of the weight showing just a small strain. "Usually on missions like this...one wouldn't expect to pack so heavy hahah..."

"Go on in, the door's unlocked," Chamber continued as he took the caboose of this luggage train.
    =======================

[quote]Why would you have bats in a recreational facility? She muttered to herself, walking off. Flying rodents aren't really conducive to baseball.

Balboa briefly paused, blinked, and then shrugged it off with a headshake and was on his way.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ettin in the Playground

"He has and he didn't quite describe your beauty like he should have," Chamber said with a grin and formally bowed at Icy while looking at Fox to see his reaction. Fox fell for it and shot him a slightly gaped look that only prompted a laugh from Chamber. The stallion then walked over to Lone Star, stared at him for a moment and then casually relieved Lone Star of most of the weight showing just a small strain. "Usually on missions like this...one wouldn't expect to pack so heavy hahah..."

"Go on in, the door's unlocked," Chamber continued as he took the caboose of this luggage train.
    Icy gave Chamber a small smile. "Well, he didn't mention you share his silver tongue." Noticing Fox's panicked reaction, she sauntered over and gave him a brief kiss on the cheek. "Still, I think I'll stick with Fox for now. Oh, and don't mind the luggage. It's... something unexpected that came up. Please just store them someplace safe until we return."

10. - Top - End - #970
    Troll in the Playground

Icy gave Chamber a small smile. "Well, he didn't mention you share his silver tongue." Noticing Fox's panicked reaction, she sauntered over and gave him a brief kiss on the cheek. "Still, I think I'll stick with Fox for now. Oh, and don't mind the luggage. It's... something unexpected that came up. Please just store them someplace safe until we return."
    Fox shot Chamber a sputtering look and then one at Icy. "But..you don't even like..." He said herp derpingly. Chamber just smiled as the four walked into his house. It was nicely furnished, on the upscale side, smelled nicely of potpourri, clean.

"Welcome welcome...we'll put the luggage down here...we'll find a nice spot for it later, relax, enjoy the couch," Chamber said welcomingly.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Titan in the Playground

Oh great. Another Fox.

Nice to meet you.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #972
    Troll in the Playground

Oh great. Another Fox.

Nice to meet you.

"A pleasure to meet you Mister Lone Star as well," He bowed with a slight flourish, smiling, eyes lingering on Lone Star for a second too long.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

"A pleasure to meet you Mister Lone Star as well," He bowed with a slight flourish, smiling, eyes lingering on Lone Star for a second too long.
    Yeah sure, can I take the suit off now until it's time for the gala-thingie? It itches. He scratched at his neck.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox shot Chamber a sputtering look and then one at Icy. "But..you don't even like..." He said herp derpingly. Chamber just smiled as the four walked into his house. It was nicely furnished, on the upscale side, smelled nicely of potpourri, clean.

"Welcome welcome...we'll put the luggage down here...we'll find a nice spot for it later, relax, enjoy the couch," Chamber said welcomingly.
    Yeah sure, can I take the suit off now until it's time for the gala-thingie? It itches. He scratched at his neck.
    Icy accepted the offer without a second thought, the couch being a rather attractive option given that they would face a busy night later. She flopped on it and regarded Chamber curiously, wondering if there was something else to be happening now.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Troll in the Playground

"We're not going to be here too long Lone Star.."
    Fox warned as he plopped himself next to Icy and briefly nuzzled her.

Icy accepted the offer without a second thought, the couch being a rather attractive option given that they would face a busy night later. She flopped on it and regarded Chamber curiously, wondering if there was something else to be happening now.
    "Unfortunately he's right, think of this as just a quick little stop at the bathroom on a long road trip...haha..I like that one," Chamber said as he proffered up some glasses of iced tea for this guests. from out of nowhere.

"So going after the Cult of the Eclipse. How dangerous, exciting really...I would give my right hoof to be back in the field again." He said with a small smile.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

"Unfortunately he's right, think of this as just a quick little stop at the bathroom on a long road trip...haha..I like that one," Chamber said as he proffered up some glasses of iced tea for this guests. from out of nowhere.

"So going after the Cult of the Eclipse. How dangerous, exciting really...I would give my right hoof to be back in the field again." He said with a small smile.
    I lost my wing because of this crap. Trust me, it's not worth it. Lone Star muttered, laying down on his back. Even if the prosthetic is kinda cool.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy nuzzled back happily, before looking back at Chambers, blinking a little at the sudden appearance of iced tea. Well, she took one herself anyway. "So, you retired?"

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

I lost my wing because of this crap. Trust me, it's not worth it. Lone Star muttered, laying down on his back. Even if the prosthetic is kinda cool.
    Chamber just gave him a smile and a bemused expression as if he felt different about it.

Icy nuzzled back happily, before looking back at Chambers, blinking a little at the sudden appearance of iced tea. Well, she took one herself anyway. "So, you retired?"
    "Sorta, on paper I'm retired, settled down with my old partner, but I'm still an under the table errand boy in a manner of speaking, as you can see here..." He gave Fox a smirk who just smirked back and shrugged.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ettin in the Playground

Chamber just gave him a smile and a bemused expression as if he felt different about it.

"Sorta, on paper I'm retired, settled down with my old partner, but I'm still an under the table errand boy in a manner of speaking, as you can see here..." He gave Fox a smirk who just smirked back and shrugged.
    "Ah. Old habits die hard and all that eh?" Icy remarked, taking the opportunity to sip her iced tea. "I guess it's good to have some sort of backup at least. Even if said backup is retired." She smiled a little.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

[Manehattan]

So what's next? Lone Star asked.

---
    [Balboa's Mansion]

Hay Bale only had one suitcase, and she was wearing a buisness suit that was not quite as tight as the other. She was still wearing the sunglasses, but her expression behind them was of a much more straight-laced professional.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #981
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah. Old habits die hard and all that eh?" Icy remarked, taking the opportunity to sip her iced tea. "I guess it's good to have some sort of backup at least. Even if said backup is retired." She smiled a little.
    "Somehow that comment makes me feel old hahah..." Chamber chuckled.

[Manehattan]

So what's next? Lone Star asked.
    "Well, relaxing a while, unless you're really wanting to go on parade to the gala so soon...there's also a tour of my house, show ya'll...my study room," He flashed them a grin. "PS by that I mean my tech set up, quite proud of her and all."

---
    [Balboa's Mansion]

Balboa himself finished his bath early as much as he wanted to linger and flirt with his attendants. He would be hanging out in the parlor room with his fillyfriends, most all trying to convince him to take them with him as their dates.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, relaxing a while, unless you're really wanting to go on parade to the gala so soon...there's also a tour of my house, show ya'll...my study room," He flashed them a grin. "PS by that I mean my tech set up, quite proud of her and all."
    Icy's ears perked up with interest. Now that was something that you didn't hear everyday. "Tech set up eh?" She swung her legs off the sofa and rose to her feet. "Let's see your house then."

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

---
    [Balboa's Mansion]

Balboa himself finished his bath early as much as he wanted to linger and flirt with his attendants. He would be hanging out in the parlor room with his fillyfriends, most all trying to convince him to take them with him as their dates.
    [Manehattan]

Lone Star rolled to his hooves and stood. Sounds interesting.

[Balboa's Mansion]

Hay Bale came in through the door, delibrately ignoring the fillyfriends. Ready to leave when you are, Mr.Balboa. She said calmly, adjusting her sunglasses.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's ears perked up with interest. Now that was something that you didn't hear everyday. "Tech set up eh?" She swung her legs off the sofa and rose to her feet. "Let's see your house then."
    [Manehattan]

Lone Star rolled to his hooves and stood. Sounds interesting.
    It was a short trip to his study room which was furnished rather well and host to a large prototype computer-looking thing. There were several art deco styled monitor screens on a table that emitted a green hue. There was also a stallion with an orange short styled mane and a light yellow coat sitting at one of the stations and typing up text on a made for ponies keyboard sporting some specs.

"Oh hey...honey...didn't know you were still home, thought you went to the doctors." Chamber said as he spotted the pony.

"I was going to but the appointment was shifted to tomorrow," The stallion replied his eyes still glued to the screens, but he caught the reflection in a screen of the others. "I see you have guests and that Fox Trot, greetings."

Fox wasn't sure how he felt about being referred to as 'that' so he stood there with his mouth forming a thin line. :I

"Oh right, Miss Icy, Mister Lone Star, this is my partner Cache, he actually designed this system."

"Well more like improved the original designs of those at the LIA, but thank you for that anyhow Chamber." He spun around on his chair to get a better look at the others.

[Balboa's Mansion]

Hay Bale came in through the door, deliberately ignoring the fillyfriends. Ready to leave when you are, Mr.Balboa. She said calmly, adjusting her sunglasses.

"Of course...give me a moment here...oh...actually, can you go find Ammy and Astrid, make sure those two are ready?"
    He asked of Hay Bale.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

It was a short trip to his study room which was furnished rather well and host to a large prototype computer-looking thing. There were several art deco styled monitor screens on a table that emitted a green hue. There was also a stallion with an orange short styled mane and a light yellow coat sitting at one of the stations and typing up text on a made for ponies keyboard sporting some specs.

"Oh hey...honey...didn't know you were still home, thought you went to the doctors." Chamber said as he spotted the pony.

"I was going to but the appointment was shifted to tomorrow," The stallion replied his eyes still glued to the screens, but he caught the reflection in a screen of the others. "I see you have guests and that Fox Trot, greetings."

Fox wasn't sure how he felt about being referred to as 'that' so he stood there with his mouth forming a thin line. :I

"Oh right, Miss Icy, Mister Lone Star, this is my partner Cache, he actually designed this system."

"Well more like improved the original designs of those at the LIA, but thank you for that anyhow Chamber." He spun around on his chair to get a better look at the others.
    "Honey..." Icy blinked, as the words settled into her mind, a few possibilities already churning deep within. In the end though, she just contented herself with a short, "Huh." Not that it was any of her business to pry into the orientation of other ponies. "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Cache. Name's Icy Touch. I believe you already know Fox, and the pegasus here is Lone Star."

Instead, she turned her eyes towards the modern computer systems Chambers and co seemed to have installed in his 'study'. Icy had no doubt it served more purposes than that. "Very impressive. What is it you do here?" she asked, directing the question at Cache, though Chambers and Fox were free to answer as well.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

"Honey..." Icy blinked, as the words settled into her mind, a few possibilities already churning deep within. In the end though, she just contented herself with a short, "Huh." Not that it was any of her business to pry into the orientation of other ponies. "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Cache. Name's Icy Touch. I believe you already know Fox, and the pegasus here is Lone Star."

Instead, she turned her eyes towards the modern computer systems Chambers and co seemed to have installed in his 'study'. Icy had no doubt it served more purposes than that. "Very impressive. What is it you do here?" she asked, directing the question at Cache, though Chambers and Fox were free to answer as well.
    [Manehattan]

Lone Star bit back the question of whether the stallion was his marriage partner or his spy partner (either would work. Heck, probably both). So what's that thing do? He asked, pointing to a random beeping thing.

"Of course...give me a moment here...oh...actually, can you go find Ammy and Astrid, make sure those two are ready?"
    He asked of Hay Bale.
    [Balboa's mansion]

Of course, sir. She replied in a calm, buisnesslike manner before turning to go find Ammy and Astrid. Apparently she was getting practice in on being proper and polite.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-05-10 at 09:50 AM.

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #987
    Troll in the Playground

[Manehattan]

Lone Star bit back the question of whether the stallion was his marriage partner or his spy partner (either would work. Heck, probably both). So what's that thing do? He asked, pointing to a random beeping thing.
    "That there goes off in a fiery explosion in about...ten seconds," Cache said deadpan with a look of seriousness, his facial expression unwavering.

"Haha....haha....he's kidding, aren't you Cache?" Chamber awkwardly nudged the other stallion.

"Yes, I am, it was a joke, it was funny at the time in my head," Cache replied without a beat. "Any whom, no, it is just beeping like that to let me know it is still processing data I just input into it a moment ago."

"We collect information, we monitor the main systems at the LIA to keep her working, and we 'monitor' Equestria's enemies through their systems," Cache bluntly said complete with air quotes.

"Yes, all within walking distance to the refrigerator, the perks of working at home," Chamber replied with a grin.

"So what are you doing right now?" Fox asked as he took a free swivel chair, possibly Chamber's.

"Updating the systems at HQ," Cache replied.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

"That there goes off in a fiery explosion in about...ten seconds," Cache said deadpan with a look of seriousness, his facial expression unwavering.

"Haha....haha....he's kidding, aren't you Cache?" Chamber awkwardly nudged the other stallion.

"Yes, I am, it was a joke, it was funny at the time in my head," Cache replied without a beat. "Any whom, no, it is just beeping like that to let me know it is still processing data I just input into it a moment ago."
    "I'm so glad we're not in danger of being blown to bits now," Icy said dryly.

"We collect information, we monitor the main systems at the LIA to keep her working, and we 'monitor' Equestria's enemies through their systems," Cache bluntly said complete with air quotes.

"Yes, all within walking distance to the refrigerator, the perks of working at home," Chamber replied with a grin.

"So what are you doing right now?" Fox asked as he took a free swivel chair, possibly Chamber's.

"Updating the systems at HQ," Cache replied.
    "Huh. So you're connected to wherever your headquarters is at, eh?" She squinted at the monitors, then looked back at Chambers. "Does that mean you're also monitoring what the Cult of Eclipse is doing at this moment?"

29. - Top - End - #989
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mansion Madness

Amy, meanwhile, has found her way into the dress she keeps for emergency formal occasions. There seems to be cause for doing so around here. Keeping in line with the current fashion, Amy is wearing a dress from Rarity Belle's Formal-season line. It's sort of toned down though, considering that the poofy madness is earth-tone. Showing up in bright pink would just make her look weird.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm so glad we're not in danger of being blown to bits now," Icy said dryly.

"Huh. So you're connected to wherever your headquarters is at, eh?" She squinted at the monitors, then looked back at Chambers. "Does that mean you're also monitoring what the Cult of Eclipse is doing at this moment?"
    Cache stared at Icy for a moment as his stare became intense that he looked away from the mare. He made to look more interested in his monitors and their not Fallout styledness. Cough.

"Yes and no. One cannot fully monitor the activities of the Cult of the Eclipse as the group is not one unified group like other 'cults'. They are a vast collection of separate cells working toward the same goal but not working together." He said with a bitter tone.