New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP FwM] Miscellaneous Outside Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Mansion Madness

Amy, meanwhile, has found her way into the dress she keeps for emergency formal occasions. There seems to be cause for doing so around here. Keeping in line with the current fashion, Amy is wearing a dress from Rarity Belle's Formal-season line. It's sort of toned down though, considering that the poofy madness is earth-tone. Showing up in bright pink would just make her look weird.
    Oi! Ammy! Hay Bale called as she trotted into whatever room/area she was in at the time in her formal attire. Can ya help me find Astrid? It's almost time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Cache stared at Icy for a moment as his stare became intense that he looked away from the mare. He made to look more interested in his monitors and their not Fallout styledness. Cough.

"Yes and no. One cannot fully monitor the activities of the Cult of the Eclipse as the group is not one unified group like other 'cults'. They are a vast collection of separate cells working toward the same goal but not working together." He said with a bitter tone.
    ... Then how do they not get in each other's way? And how do they all have the same goal? And what is that goal? And why is that monitor blue?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    ... Then how do they not get in each other's way? And how do they all have the same goal? And what is that goal? And why is that monitor blue?

"I already told you some time ago, corruption. Just horribly vaguely defined utter corruption, particularly of both princesses and the world,"
    Fox said with a nicker.

"Right...about the first and second ones..hey...I ain't no crazy cultist, they have their own methods and ways I'm sure." Replied Chamber as he rubbed the back of his neck uneasily.

"I like blue, that's why." Cache flatly said.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

"I already told you some time ago, corruption. Just horribly vaguely defined utter corruption, particularly of both princesses and the world,"
    Fox said with a nicker.

"Right...about the first and second ones..hey...I ain't no crazy cultist, they have their own methods and ways I'm sure." Replied Chamber as he rubbed the back of his neck uneasily.

"I like blue, that's why." Cache flatly said.
    "But you're monitoring this particular group in Manehattan at least, right? What about them? Anything that we should know?" Icy queried, looking up at the monitors as well.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oi! Ammy! Hay Bale called as she trotted into whatever room/area she was in at the time in her formal attire. Can ya help me find Astrid? It's almost time to go.

"She isn't in her room?"
    Ammy asks. "She has a residence here doesn't she? I mean I think she's nearby in case of emergencies..."

It suddenly occurs to the mare how much she and Astrid don't actually know each other. Not relevant though. Trying to navigate with the poofy garment is.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

... Eh, I prefer red and/or gold, personally, but blue's nice too. Lone Star shrugged.

"She isn't in her room?"
    Ammy asks. "She has a residence here doesn't she? I mean I think she's nearby in case of emergencies..."

It suddenly occurs to the mare how much she and Astrid don't actually know each other. Not relevant though. Trying to navigate with the poofy garment is.

...See, that would imply that Astrid would TELL me where her room is.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-05-13 at 10:30 PM.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #996

...See, that would imply that Astrid would TELL me where her room is.

"Well how am I supposed to know!?"
    Ammy looks around a moment to see if anypony saw the outburst and would step in to point the way. Probably not though.

The mare sighs. "I suppose we should keep asking around."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "But you're monitoring this particular group in Manehattan at least, right? What about them? Anything that we should know?" Icy queried, looking up at the monitors as well.
    "Yes, but it doesn't work like I think you think it works," Cache said spinning back around in his chair to look at his monitors in which he had no further comment about the colors.

"Anyways, I can monitor their chatter, when they choose to communicate via their systems. The last bits of it were just about the gala and infiltrating it. Some of it indicates a higher up in Equestrian society attending but they don't use names if that is what you're hoping, as if though its anticipated the chance of network hacking." He said with a soft sigh.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

"Well how am I supposed to know!?"
    Ammy looks around a moment to see if anypony saw the outburst and would step in to point the way. Probably not though.

The mare sighs. "I suppose we should keep asking around."
    You've lived here longer!!

She grumbled and trotted off. Let's go then. There's only so many places she could be.

"Yes, but it doesn't work like I think you think it works," Cache said spinning back around in his chair to look at his monitors in which he had no further comment about the colors.

"Anyways, I can monitor their chatter, when they choose to communicate via their systems. The last bits of it were just about the gala and infiltrating it. Some of it indicates a higher up in Equestrian society attending but they don't use names if that is what you're hoping, as if though its anticipated the chance of network hacking." He said with a soft sigh.
    Sounds frustrating.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah." Icy subsided, looking faintly disappointed by the bland truth. "I guess it sounded too easy anyway. I guess that's where we come in, huh? To help get inside this particular section of the cult."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa's Place

Astrid would be in Balboa's office finishing up his left over paper work.
    ======
    "Ah." Icy subsided, looking faintly disappointed by the bland truth. "I guess it sounded too easy anyway. I guess that's where we come in, huh? To help get inside this particular section of the cult."

"Yep, we get to do the field work here,"
    Fox said with a soft sigh. "All the hooves on stuff heh."

"Yes." Cache responded.

(when ya'll are ready to move on from this scene, let me know, then we can fast forward)
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-05-14 at 04:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa's Place

Astrid would be in Balboa's office finishing up his left over paper work.
    ======

"Yes." Cache responded.

(when ya'll are ready to move on from this scene, let me know, then we can fast forward)
    [Balboa's Office]

BANGBANGBANG went the door.

Astrid? It's time to go!

[Lone Star]

((ready))

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground

[Balboa's Office]

BANGBANGBANG went the door.

Astrid? It's time to go!

The door opened immediately and Hay Bale was met with a dead pan glower. "There is no need to be obnoxiously loud about it, Miss Hay Bale." Of course Red Shift waved goofily again upon seeing Hay Bale. Astrid shot him a look as he immediately straightened himself up and took to the default indifferent guard expression.

"I'll meet up with you lot in a moment, I still have to go over security details since we'll be gone and all."
    And to get a dress on!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes." Cache responded.

"Well, then I see no reason to delay." Her eyes glinted with malice. "Let's put our unorthodox skills to good use."

(Ready.)

14. - Top - End - #1004

The door opened immediately and Hay Bale was met with a dead pan glower. "There is no need to be obnoxiously loud about it, Miss Hay Bale." Of course Red Shift waved goofily again upon seeing Hay Bale. Astrid shot him a look as he immediately straightened himself up and took to the default indifferent guard expression.

"I'll meet up with you lot in a moment, I still have to go over security details since we'll be gone and all."
    And to get a dress on!
    Ammy had followed along so that the two would get separated and need to look for each other after finding Astrid. That would be awkward. But there was one thing that the lawyer could pick up from the way the mare is acting.

Astrid seemed to like to be on top of things so the last minute stuff... Ammy keeps the thought that there might be evidence of something happening to herself
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten Madness

"Whelp, it was nice having you three, even if it was for a short while, see y'all when you return for your things, have fun storming the gala," Chamber called out to them as the three made their way to the new carriage taxi called for at some point earlier likely after the study room scene. Cache stood there too next to Chamber adjusting his glasses as he waved them off.

"Whelp, I'm going to go to the corner store, I saw some cajun chips that struck my fancy earlier," Chamber said briefly nuzzling Cache.

'Ugh...you and your junkfood, feh, whatever, I'm going back to the study, you have your key," Cache dismissed Chamber though himself returned Chamber's affections with a brief nuzzle as well and went back into the house, locking the door. With that Chamber casually trotted to the corner store where there was also a telephone booth and he had a call to make.
    ====

Fox Trot stretched in the carriage, adjusting his bow tie. "They really ought to figure out a way to install air conditioning in these...Icy, babe, can you do like cooling breath or something?" He asked with a grin.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Manehatten Madness
    "Whelp, it was nice having you three, even if it was for a short while, see y'all when you return for your things, have fun storming the gala," Chamber called out to them as the three made their way to the new carriage taxi called for at some point earlier likely after the study room scene. Cache stood there too next to Chamber adjusting his glasses as he waved them off.

"Whelp, I'm going to go to the corner store, I saw some cajun chips that struck my fancy earlier," Chamber said briefly nuzzling Cache.

'Ugh...you and your junkfood, feh, whatever, I'm going back to the study, you have your key," Cache dismissed Chamber though himself returned Chamber's affections with a brief nuzzle as well and went back into the house, locking the door. With that Chamber casually trotted to the corner store where there was also a telephone booth and he had a call to make.
    ====

Fox Trot stretched in the carriage, adjusting his bow tie. "They really ought to figure out a way to install air conditioning in these...Icy, babe, can you do like cooling breath or something?" He asked with a grin.
    "Cooling breath? Hmmm..." Her horn lit up in the carriage, and the air around them cooled considerably... enough to send them into chills. She quickly halted her spell once she could see her own breath, and shivered a little, wrapping her outfit tighter. "... curses, it's difficult to actually not freeze the carriage now..." Well, at least it isn't sickeningly warm anymore.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

"Cooling breath? Hmmm..." Her horn lit up in the carriage, and the air around them cooled considerably... enough to send them into chills. She quickly halted her spell once she could see her own breath, and shivered a little, wrapping her outfit tighter. "... curses, it's difficult to actually not freeze the carriage now..." Well, at least it isn't sickeningly warm anymore.
    Lone Star curled up a bit. I hate the cold.

Thank you, Icy.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-05-17 at 01:16 AM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Fox chuckled but he much preferred the chilly air over the heat. "So...I admit....I'm kinda excited. All that time spent cooped up in Bridle Shores, being in the field like this...hahaha...I feel like I did four years ago, starting out."

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star curled up a bit. I hate the cold.

Thank you, Icy.
    Fox chuckled but he much preferred the chilly air over the heat. "So...I admit....I'm kinda excited. All that time spent cooped up in Bridle Shores, being in the field like this...hahaha...I feel like I did four years ago, starting out."
    "Well, so long I get to do something." She smiled a little, her eyes glittering with malice. "They will pay for all the wrongs they have wrought."

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, so long I get to do something." She smiled a little, her eyes glittering with malice. "They will pay for all the wrongs they have wrought."

"You know...you're kinda extra hot when you get all vindictive,"
    Fox smirked biting down on his bottom lip, trying not to chuckle.

Anyways the three would enjoy themselves a 45 minute ride, and they were lucky considering the traffic up in this city. Looking out the window would bring them closer to their destinations as other fancy and high class and likely private carriages were lining up. It was very busy with even the press lining up and pushing up against barriers and pegasi guards. You'd think they were going to a movie premiere with how abuzz the whole scene was.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

"You know...you're kinda extra hot when you get all vindictive,"
    Fox smirked biting down on his bottom lip, trying not to chuckle.
    Icy shot Fox a wicked smile. "Don't tempt me, my rogue."

Anyways the three would enjoy themselves a 45 minute ride, and they were lucky considering the traffic up in this city. Looking out the window would bring them closer to their destinations as other fancy and high class and likely private carriages were lining up. It was very busy with even the press lining up and pushing up against barriers and pegasi guards. You'd think they were going to a movie premiere with how abuzz the whole scene was.
    "Hmm, seems like almost all the elite of Manehattan is here. Whoever is hosting the ball has strong political connections," Icy mused, her eyes studying the scene unfolding outside the window.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

......... are we there yet?

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa and Co Now Synchronized

The Five, Balboa, Ammy, Astrid, Hay Bale and Strawberry Cream (or whatever the second half of her name was) had just left his Manehatten penthouse after just getting there half an hour ago in which they promptly made final preparations whether it was the girls and their outfits and Balboa with business arrangements and final details.

They soon arrived at the Dockafeller Center in his private 'jet' carriage as down below employees cleared the area for his grand entrance as other carriages were held back. When they touched ground the door was opened by a hoofpony. Balboa stepped out (like after Hay Bale since she is the bodyguard and all) dressed to the nines in white tie event styled dress. He sported a black top hat, white waistcoat and black tailcoat. For kicks he sported a monocle with his whole outfit giving him that old english styled gentlemanness.

Pictures were taken as he gladly smiled and posed with his fillyfriend, even trying to bring the other two non bodyguard ladies into the picture.

"Greetings, greetings hello,"
    He flashed his warm inviting smile, lowering his voice and making it more inviting. He was enjoying this pageantry. The five would walk down the barricaded isle and he would bask in the attention.

"Exciting isn't it?"
    He asked his girls.
    =====

Icy shot Fox a wicked smile. "Don't tempt me, my rogue."

"Hmm, seems like almost all the elite of Manehattan is here. Whoever is hosting the ball has strong political connections," Icy mused, her eyes studying the scene unfolding outside the window.
    Icy's view would then be backwheeled as the carriage was rolling backward a bit as the puller/driver called out from outside. "Sorry about this...some super big shot appeared...we gotta make room for their carriage."

Fox softly sighed. "Alright." He then turned back his attentions to Icy. "It would seem so, hopefully one of those flankholes will lead us to the answers we want."

He then looked at Lone Star when he asked his question. "No Lone Star were not here, you should nap."

If Icy looked out the window again she would only catch the back end of Balboa and Co as they walked inside. Though, she might briefly catch a glimpse of Hay Bale but nah, it couldn't be.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy's view would then be backwheeled as the carriage was rolling backward a bit as the puller/driver called out from outside. "Sorry about this...some super big shot appeared...we gotta make room for their carriage."

Fox softly sighed. "Alright." He then turned back his attentions to Icy. "It would seem so, hopefully one of those flankholes will lead us to the answers we want."

He then looked at Lone Star when he asked his question. "No Lone Star were not here, you should nap."

If Icy looked out the window again she would only catch the back end of Balboa and Co as they walked inside. Though, she might briefly catch a glimpse of Hay Bale but nah, it couldn't be.
    "Said flankhole better provide answers, after all the trouble they put us through," Icy said softly. She did indeed look out the window to see what the hullabaloo was about, perhaps even spying a certain Hay Bale. She frowned a little. "Huh, now that mare looked somewhat familiar..." she mused as Hay Bale disappeared into the crowd.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

[Boredom]

Lone Star sighed and turned upside down, with his head on the ground and hooves on the headrest. Shoulda brought a book... He looked up to Fox and Icy. So. Question. If earth and unicorn ponies can be enchanted to walk on clouds then why can't we enchant the clouds to carry them?

---

Very exciting sir. Hay Bale droned, the picture of a perfect bodyguard. Well, aside from the gigantic sunglasses (which she refused to get rid of) and the strangely sweet-smelling perfume.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2013-05-22 at 07:27 PM.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #1016

At The Gala (at the gala)

Ammy is bringing up the rear, as one would expect as a part of an entourage. She'd be more excited about this except for a few things. One: nopony likes nobles but nobles, and there are lots here. Two: Oh boy there's going to be a lot of explaining who Balboa *shouldn't* talk to due to outstanding legal cases. Three: The press was only taking care not to blind the big names. Ammy seems to have taken a flash head-on at some point.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

[Boredom]

Lone Star sighed and turned upside down, with his head on the ground and hooves on the headrest. Shoulda brought a book... He looked up to Fox and Icy. So. Question. If earth and unicorn ponies can be enchanted to walk on clouds then why can't we enchant the clouds to carry them?
    Icy shrugged. "Probably because not many earth ponies or unicorns actually go up to the clouds anyway. I myself never found the need to go to Cloudsdale. It's easier to just enchant the pony, rather than the other way around, which I'm thinking will involve a lot of enchanting, given how much clouds there is in Cloudsdale alone, never mind other cloud cities."

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Icy shrugged. "Probably because not many earth ponies or unicorns actually go up to the clouds anyway. I myself never found the need to go to Cloudsdale. It's easier to just enchant the pony, rather than the other way around, which I'm thinking will involve a lot of enchanting, given how much clouds there is in Cloudsdale alone, never mind other cloud cities."
    Sure, but a lot of those clouds are permanent fixtures. He replied. Just didn't make any sense to me that we'd just leave the clouds that way for no explicable reason.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa didn't like Nobles himself, but sometimes you have to play nice and then stab in the back later. The inside was an opulent affair as the lobby was well furnished to create an atmosphere ideal for gods. Straight ahead was the ballroom, past a pair of large white doors made from rare trees with gold trimming and ornate carvings. Four guards stood guard, with two on each side, making to look indifferent. Inside the ballroom with its three floor high ceiling, it was filled with high ranking ponies, from nobles to elected government officials, to wealthy businessponies.

Six massively tall Corinthian styled columns stood about in significant architectural positions. It was a lavish affair, think Grand Galloping Gala, chattering ponies, with even an ice sculpture of who else but Balboa himself, as if to remind ponies why they are here.

Balboa strutted on in as if though he owned the place, though maybe he did, or maybe not, turning heads as his ego soared.

Hay Bale got some turned heads, more than likely due to her pheromone hack, while Ammy was acknowledged. The young Strawberry Banana was floored by all the fanciness and started to feel inadequate.
    ==================================

Fox half listened to the conversation between Lone Star and Icy, more occupied with looking out the window and waiting for them to finally move up.

Some five long feeling minutes later the carriage moved again as they soon found themselves having to get out. Fortunately or unfortunately, whatever, they didn't get that much of a red carpet reception.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, but a lot of those clouds are permanent fixtures. He replied. Just didn't make any sense to me that we'd just leave the clouds that way for no explicable reason.
    Again, Icy shrugged. "For one thing, if it wasn't clear, the spell is quite expensive in terms of time and effort to cast and maintain. For such a trivial matter, I can understand nopony is willing to do such."

Balboa didn't like Nobles himself, but sometimes you have to play nice and then stab in the back later. The inside was an opulent affair as the lobby was well furnished to create an atmosphere ideal for gods. Straight ahead was the ballroom, past a pair of large white doors made from rare trees with gold trimming and ornate carvings. Four guards stood guard, with two on each side, making to look indifferent. Inside the ballroom with its three floor high ceiling, it was filled with high ranking ponies, from nobles to elected government officials, to wealthy businessponies.

Six massively tall Corinthian styled columns stood about in significant architectural positions. It was a lavish affair, think Grand Galloping Gala, chattering ponies, with even an ice sculpture of who else but Balboa himself, as if to remind ponies why they are here.

Balboa strutted on in as if though he owned the place, though maybe he did, or maybe not, turning heads as his ego soared.

Hay Bale got some turned heads, more than likely due to her pheromone hack, while Ammy was acknowledged. The young Strawberry Banana was floored by all the fanciness and started to feel inadequate.
    ==================================

Fox half listened to the conversation between Lone Star and Icy, more occupied with looking out the window and waiting for them to finally move up.

Some five long feeling minutes later the carriage moved again as they soon found themselves having to get out. Fortunately or unfortunately, whatever, they didn't get that much of a red carpet reception.
    In Icy's case, she was more relieved that they were finally free of that cooped up environment. She was beginning to feel that familiar sense of paranoia creeping up again. With restrained glee, Icy quickly got off the cart as soon as it was polite (probably after Fox and Lone Star), the white material of her dress accentuating her toned flanks and sides, the silvery net trailing lightly behind. She took a moment to adjust her amethyst-bound maneclip, then awaited Fox to lead them on.