New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default [SW:SAGA] mounted character help.

Ok so I'm at work and on my phone, so sorry for the sloppyness of this post.

I'm in a rather goofy SW: the force unleashed with assassin alternate timeline. Rebellion era game, where I play a Guy who rides a tauntaun and wields a vibrospear. Currently I'm 1scotlout/soldier2 with my talents being battle mount and armored defence II (GM gives out AD I for free) and my feats being bantha rush, ???, improved bantha rush and powerful charge. I can't remember what I took as my human feat,

And as for the tauntaun, its has the stats from the book plus an it of 4 so its taken a level of soldier instead of the racial level. It took armored defense II and trample I think.

So any ideas for what I should do from here on out, I'd like to stay semi-competative with the badguys with guns and force powers.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [SW:SAGA] mounted character help.

Mounted combat is not really something SAGA supports. The only things I can find relating directly to mounts are the Power/Energy Lances, which are really poor melee weapons from the Rebellion Era CG that you are better off ignoring anyway, and the Mobile Scout talent tree from Unknown Regions, which you appear to have found on your own.

I would like to point out you cannot take Battle Mount until at least your 5th level of Scout because of the pre-reqs.

The only other recommendation I can make for you is to look into the Brute Squad talents from the Legacy Era CG, which reward you for meleeing alongside allies.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [SW:SAGA] mounted character help.

Unknown Regions has a feat called Mounted Combat, appropriately enough. It's a sort of mounted equivalent to Vehicular Combat, and is quite good if you plan on spending a lot of time fighting mounted (especially if combined with Skill Focus: Ride). Aside from that, just take stuff you'd normally take for a melee guy.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!