New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

The 20% ip boost and all champs is unrelated to the honor system.

They're doing some thing for a korean net cafe/

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    The 20% ip boost and all champs is unrelated to the honor system.

They're doing some thing for a korean net cafe/
    Ah, so mere coincidence. Strange that it'd appear on the PBE though, instead of just on the Korean server/s.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-09-24 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

IIRC, the feature is "if you're signing in from this specific net cafe franchise, you get ALL OF THE CHAMPS, and EXTRA IP!" but it's still in testing while they work on and refine it.

I have to say that it makes ARAMs crazy.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, question. Would I get in trouble if I played Yi and put an open message of "Get Dunked!" whenever I backdoored a turret/inhib/win a fight that I probably shouldn't?
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-09-24 at 08:56 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, I see. Interesting.

Is there a chance that the OP could add a list of the PBE accounts of people on the forums, in addition to the region-specific ones?

For me, PBE Account name: Reynington.

Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    So, question. Would I get in trouble if I played Yi and put an open message of "Get Dunked!" whenever I backdoored a turret/inhib/win a fight that I probably shouldn't?
    I dunno. Depends how sensitive your opponents were. And also if you did it in every game you play Yi.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2012-09-24 at 08:57 PM.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

If someone asks you to stop, I'd stop, and apologize. But otherwise, go for it.

I genuinely get annoyed when people start being cocky little asses in the chat, especially when they personally are behind enough that they'd lose to anyone on my team in a straight fight. It's got nothing to do with them doing well-ish, and everything to do with me.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Was that you?! I was just in a game where there was a jungle Predator Yi sporting Smite/Revive. He just kept spamming in chat "Get Dunked" and something about "Your skills are inferior."

I wouldn't have reported him if he had done it only on backdoors or impressive plays, but he spammed it constantly throughout the game without any reason.

I muted him in the game and our entire team reported him at the end.

P.S. Is this a reference to something?
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-09-24 at 10:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Was that you?! I was just in a game where there was a jungle Predator Yi sporting Smite/Revive. He just kept spamming in chat "Get Dunked" and something about "Your skills are inferior."

I wouldn't have reported him if he had done it only on backdoors or impressive plays, but he spammed it constantly throughout the game without any reason.

Yeah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hPU9Ru1ftw

This thing.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

The hell did I just watch?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the first, if not the first, champion guide parody videos. Other notable ones include Spawn Karthus and How to Win Every Game of League of Legends.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

I have decided that Amumu is my Inner Champion.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    One of the first, if not the first, champion guide parody videos. Other notable ones include Spawn Karthus and How to Win Every Game of League of Legends.
    And MacLaren's Pro Player Anivia Pro Guide Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Random, but, what would Team Anti-Void be like, ya think? Obvs Rengar and Kassadin, but is there anyone else who would be blatantly against them?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Firbolg in the Playground

Random, but, what would Team Anti-Void be like, ya think? Obvs Rengar and Kassadin, but is there anyone else who would be blatantly against them?
    Vayne seems like a logical suspect. There's a subtle little tie-in with Zilean - archaeological evidence suggesting mages of that era were "creating a bulwark against the Void", and Zilean would likely have been part of that. Honestly, that's about as close as you're going to come with most champions though, very few have explicit Void tie-ins.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

I appear to have found my way into Elo Hell. =| The place where the meta doesn't exist.

16. - Top - End - #346

I appear to have found my way into Elo Hell. =| The place where the meta doesn't exist.
    Then make sure to have fun! Play tons of tyrndamere, CritPlank, Garen and Sion.

17. - Top - End - #347

No. I didn't play last night; had a bad enough headache that I couldn't focus on the screen.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

.... saayyy - what happened to the whole 'featured games' thing?

Was I the only guy who ever watched those?! Where'd they go?

19. - Top - End - #349

They removed the featured games because a bug was causing the champion portraits not to display, and I guess we're still waiting on a fix.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Then make sure to have fun! Play tons of tyrndamere, CritPlank, Garen and Sion.
    Crit runes Gangplank!

Finally reached 1500! Been having some great fun games on Maokai recently but early ganks are realy marred by the ability to flash his W. In a game yesterday I had all but landed on Veigar and he flashed under his turret and put event horizon up, stunning me in the process. I didn't die but it made my gank bot immediately after a little sketchy as I couldn't afford that kind of damage again.

Had a game I would describe as genuinely unlucky yesterday. I'm top, Players A, C and E are 2nd 3rd and 4th and then a friend of mine is bot. In the pre game discussion we agree on a Rengar ban as our 3rd ban (Malph Shen - Morgana, Ahri, Ali are the other bans) and player E says he wanted to play him after i'd done it (having not said anything during the 15-20s discussion we had). He says its a shame but moves on saying he'll play Jayce.

Player C says he wants to play Eve mid and how he'd destroy any mid laner he's against, so I decide against going Maokai and pick Corki. Their top 2 then pick Eve and Jayce. Player A then picks Zyra while C has a mini rage complaining about player A and how he'll lose to Eve hard but then picks Lee Sin, who as he locks in player E says he'll play Lee instead.

E then says he'll support and play Blitz, who is then picked by their 3rd/4th picks. After the game we checked through our teams ranked stats, just curious as my friend and I usually do. The people on our teams had almost exclusively played Eve (who was picked), Lee (who was picked by the other guy), Ahri (who was banned), Rengar (again banned), Jayce (picked by the other team) and Blitz (picked by the other team).

We lost quite heavily in the end after Zyra got heavily camped mid, though did a good job outside of the ganks against Eve. Lee and Xin raged against each other and just about everyone else in the game. Shame it ended so badly but i'm still above 1500!

21. - Top - End - #351

BlueKnightGuy

This seems relevant. In WoW, there's a Pandaren first aid trainer named Soraka in Paw'don Village (early Alliance quest hub). She has the same long-banded hairstyle and wears a pink tunic and blue skirt.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2012-09-25 at 10:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teron View Post
    They removed the featured games because a bug was causing the champion portraits not to display, and I guess we're still waiting on a fix.
    Stragnely, though, it's been fixed on the PBE for couple of weeks.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

2/2/1 is a pretty good score to end laning with when you were up against a Yorick as garen, right?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Perfect place to outplay your opponent in lane and then run around and pick up kills for everyone else. Elo heaven.

2/2/1 is a pretty good score to end laning with when you were up against a Yorick as garen, right?
    Depends on factors such as CS and jungler help. That, and if you want to improve I'd be cautious on setting on what's "alright" and focus on doing better. Ask yourself why you died, I suppose. Actually, just inject efdf's DNA into your bloodstream. Or Laudandus'. Top lane learned easy way.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-09-25 at 12:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

So, Darius...

Who's a bad lane matchup for him up top? I assume since he has no inherent sustain, anyone with a good amount of sustain or ranged harass or both (stupid Yorick) should be able to trade effectively with him.

I think I'd also be scared of someone like a Riven, who'd trade well since she does stupid early damage based off of her passive.

I've only dealt with Teemo and Shen so far and they were quite scared of me.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Peeeennttaakillll Ollaafffff!!!

When you Q a minion wave, it's a drum solo, complete with cymbals when it hits the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357

So, Darius...

Who's a bad lane matchup for him up top?
    I assume since he has no inherent sustain, anyone with a good amount of sustain or ranged harass or both (stupid Yorick) should be able to trade effectively with him.

I think I'd also be scared of someone like a Riven, who'd trade well since she does stupid early damage based off of her passive.

I don't know why but Shaft theme started playing in my head just then....

They say this cat Darius is a bad mother
    Shut your mouth
    But I'm talkin' 'bout Darius
    Then we can dig it

can't say i have too much experience laning against Darius. but I never find him to be much of a threat when he's on his own.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

So, Darius...

Who's a bad lane matchup for him up top? I assume since he has no inherent sustain, anyone with a good amount of sustain or ranged harass or both (stupid Yorick) should be able to trade effectively with him.

Yorick is alright against him in my experience, but I've actually found that Garen is a nasty matchup for darius, because most oh his damage is from spells and when he gets silenced, garen just kinda wails on him.

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    This seems relevant. In WoW, there's a Pandaren first aid trainer named Soraka in Paw'don Village (early Alliance quest hub). She has the same long-banded hairstyle and wears a pink tunic and blue skirt.
    Well if Riot took a page from apple's book then they are gonna SUE SUE SUE.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

So, Darius...

Jayce scales better given his semi-carry status and seems to handily defeat Darius in lane. I remember Jayce giving Westrice's Darius some grief on a tournament a while ago.