New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Anime Remix IC

1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Anime Remix IC

Purgatory nods to itself. Objects of power, even with those in the know, can end up in some very unusual places. It heads for the nearest object, keeping in mind the powerful one underground.
    Last edited by Jacior; 2012-12-01 at 02:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Lyn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyn finds a few notebooks and a heavy, leatherbound book with a lock, the thing is completely blank, however. Then, she knocks open a small compartment in the wall that looks like it hasn't been touched in years, inside, with a lot of dust, is a few vials of ink, a small black book, and a patterned metal flask. She also spots a small hitch on the bottom that, when she lifts it, opens a compartment with a handle sticking out of the solid stone below.
    Lyn sets the two books, vials, and flask on top of a nearby desk then closes the small compartment in the wall. "Hey Purgatory I found something.", she shouts then gives her attention back to the handle. She looks it over, not exactly sure of it's function.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-12-01 at 04:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory starts to walk towards one of the magic objects before Lyn calls. It looks at the aura for a second before closing its eye-spots and assuming a normal appearence. "They'll still be there." It turns and walks back into the workshop. "What have you discovered, Milady?"

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn opens the small compartment then another compartment inside of that. "Found a handle in the strangest place." She says motioning towards it and taking a step back away to open the space around it.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory nods. "I saw from outside. I was surprised that you found the compartment. Why did you not touch the handle though?" It steps forward and grabs the handle in the compartment, a ring of eyes opens around it's head, appearing much as if they'd just been closde the whole time. "You'll forgive me if I am curious, Milady." Purgatory pulls on the handle with a stony limb.
    Last edited by Jacior; 2012-12-03 at 12:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The item is a highly pollished cane made of dark wood, with it darkening towards the bottom as if it were put into a fire just long enough to char it. A metal spike tips the bottom of the cane, it looks like brass, with a tint of green from age. It is pollished to a mirror finish. It doesn't look like it'd be magic.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn softly shrugs, "Strange isn't it. I found a book and some vials in the first compartment. It's over there." She motions to their resting spot of the books. "
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-12-03 at 12:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory regarded the cane with some affection. "It's lovely, isn't it?" It says, refering to the cane. "I can't say I personally have ever owned a cane. But from my knowledge, a good cane or walking stick can be worth your life." It looks over at Lyn. "Let's take a look then. But I think I'll refrain from touching more... In case I stir a reaction in other items."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

"Looks burnt." She moves over to her stack of books and moves the others to the side. Lifting the dust covered book she brushes some of the dust off then gives it a quick blow. "I found this one in the first compartment so it might give some information." She cracks it open and thumbs through the first couple pages.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"It's a lovely cane. You just can't appreciate it." Purgatory says mildly. "Lyn, I need you to craft a ritual for me." It says, laying the cane against the wall. "You see, my knowledge is limited and fades sometimes. Periods of inactivity, you see. I need you to make a ritual to channel the mind of a deceased mage into my own." It looks at her. "I trust you to be able to do this. You created me, after all."
    Last edited by Jacior; 2012-12-03 at 03:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    "It's a lovely cane. You just can't appreciate it." Purgatory says mildly.
    She lowers the book, "Watch it... It doesn't even look new."

"Lyn, I need you to craft a ritual for me." It says, laying the cane against the wall. "You see, my knowledge is limited and fades sometimes. Periods of inactivity, you see. I need you to make a ritual to channel the mind of a deceased mage into my own." It looks at her. "I trust you to be able to do this. You created me, after all."
    "What!? Why would I do that. WHY would you want me to do that! That's that's just wow. That'd take me a while, I mean I'd have to look over some books and double check some stuff." Her spill going from disbelief to an almost questioning doubtful tone. "It might be possible though..."

She pulls the two books she's most familiar with out of the growing stack of notebooks and shuffles them in front of her. "Let me check." She looks over the ritualistic book ash gave her earlier, checking for anything similar to what she is being asked to do.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-12-03 at 01:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The book is a general guide to creating rituals, it does not have specific rituals. But, it does identify the blank book she had found, a Grimoire, used simply to record Rituals in much the same way as a spellbook. It naturally draws magic to it and binds it to the Rituals within the book, recharging them over time.

The smaller notebook Lyn found with the cane is a reference to Rune Magic, a rare form of magic based on very quick and dirty rituals preinscribed on the skin, strips of paper, pieces of bone, metal, or wood, and the like. However, it looks like it's an unfinished guide.

Purgatory, on the other hand, identifies a change in the aura of the cane once it is pulled out. The white magic and distortions in the air pulled into it slowly, darkening the grey aura and distorting it for a moment before it flows into the wood, seemingly steadying it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    The book is a general guide to creating rituals, it does not have specific rituals. But, it does identify the blank book she had found, a Grimoire, used simply to record Rituals in much the same way as a spellbook. It naturally draws magic to it and binds it to the Rituals within the book, recharging them over time.

The smaller notebook Lyn found with the cane is a reference to Rune Magic, a rare form of magic based on very quick and dirty rituals preinscribed on the skin, strips of paper, pieces of bone, metal, or wood, and the like. However, it looks like it's an unfinished guide.

Purgatory, on the other hand, identifies a change in the aura of the cane once it is pulled out. The white magic and distortions in the air pulled into it slowly, darkening the grey aura and distorting it for a moment before it flows into the wood, seemingly steadying it.
    "Yeah this should help. It should be possible. It'll take me a while to create the ritual. I'll have to make it from scratch." She pauses briefly looking up at him, "Why do you even want to channel the dead?.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory gives Lyn a level look. "Knowledge. Pure and simple. I want to use the knowledge of a previous host to understand more about what I'm seeing when I open my eyes to magic." It says, opening the ring of eyes around the crown of his head for emphasis. "I'm seeing things, but I don't understand what they mean. I want to know."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Purgatory gives Lyn a level look. "Knowledge. Pure and simple. I want to use the knowledge of a previous host to understand more about what I'm seeing when I open my eyes to magic." It says, opening the ring of eyes around the crown of his head for emphasis. "I'm seeing things, but I don't understand what they mean. I want to know."
    Lyn's mouth goes slightly agape when the eyes appear on his head, "...Yeah I would have some questions too. She closes her mouth but continues to gawk for a while more before turning back to the books. "Find me something to write with." She shuffles a couple papers looking for some blank paper among the stacks.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory takes a moment and grows a lovely array of long white feathers. It plucks one of them and hands it to the girl, the rest of them retracting into its arms again. "Here you go, milady." It says at it hands the girl the quill, fulling expecting her to use the ink that she had removed from the compartment.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Purgatory takes a moment and grows a lovely array of long white feathers. It plucks one of them and hands it to the girl, the rest of them retracting into its arms again. "Here you go, milady." It says at it hands the girl the quill, fulling expecting her to use the ink that she had removed from the compartment.
    She softly places the quill down. "That won't work. The ink here. It's more of a relic used for specif rituals. Try to find a pencil." She outlines a thinnish object in the air with her hands.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory looks around and picks up a pencil off of the floor. "I know what a pencil is, you know."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Purgatory looks around and picks up a pencil off of the floor. "I know what a pencil is, you know."
    "Thanks. Oh.. Well I do now." She moves a couple of the blank pages she found in front of her and starts scribbling some notes down.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"If you need me for anything, I shall be out in the junkyard, milady." Purgatory says, taking leave from the young ritualist. He steps back out into the yard and heads for the closest magical aura again, figuring at this point, he would not be disturbed.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

"If you need me for anything, I shall be out in the junkyard, milady." Purgatory says, taking leave from the young ritualist. He steps back out into the yard and heads for the closest magical aura again, figuring at this point, he would not be disturbed.
    Lyn grasp her forehead and lets out a breath. "Wait for me!",She shouts out. Closing the book in front of her and she makes her way up toward Purgatory. "What are you gathering anyway?" She says as she catches up to him.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2012-12-03 at 08:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Puratory doesn't turn its head, the ring of eye-spots around its head making it plain the being could see her. "Right now? I am extracting magical items from these refuse piles. They tend to end up in all sorts of places."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

"Make sense that you can sense magical items, the Yata no Kagami had similar powers. It was a lot less creepy though."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Hmm? Oh. No, not exactly. You are a little confused, miladly." Purgatory says, throwing various pieces of rubbish in different directions. "My powers, as far as I know, do not extend from the Yata no Kagami at all. This is merely the power contained within the Earthstone of Purgatory. The Stone is thought, from what I've gathered, to be an embodiment of the Realm of Purgatory, or Limbo perhaps."

It keeps throwing things as it speaks, heedless of where the objects landed. "It is supposedly an ever-changing chaos. Which is the power of the Stone. The alteration of the physical form."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm? Oh. No, not exactly. You are a little confused, miladly." Purgatory says, throwing various pieces of rubbish in different directions. "My powers, as far as I know, do not extend from the Yata no Kagami at all. This is merely the power contained within the Earthstone of Purgatory. The Stone is thought, from what I've gathered, to be an embodiment of the Realm of Purgatory, or Limbo perhaps."

It keeps throwing things as it speaks, heedless of where the objects landed. "It is supposedly an ever-changing chaos. Which is the power of the Stone. The alteration of the physical form."
    Joining in the dumpster diving, she helps with the digging. "So you can alter you physical form. Can you look like anything, even me?" She asks curiously.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory nods. "Not at all difficult. But why would you want me to look like you?"

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Purgatory nods. "Not at all difficult. But why would you want me to look like you?"
    She briefly pauses before answering, "Well I don't." Lyn picks up a piece of dirty scrap metal and tosses it out of their path. "I wanted to know if you could turn into a human."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Purgatory waits a moment similarly before responding. "I'd look like a human, for certain. But I would still be myself."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Lyn nods at the conformation.

30. - Top - End - #360

Lyn & Purgatory
    Spoiler
    Show
    Purgatory sees Lyn grab a piece of warped copper that's emitting the red magic signature.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show