New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Legion War (IC)

Max

"Not quite. Find the armories. I want every weapon this place has. No point in a defeated camp, to own weapons."

Max retires to the door way from whence the group started at. He marched to collect the armor he set aside before, waiting on the two to grab the remaining items.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-20 at 12:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As max passes, he finds that at least the dead man there is still in one piece.

Checking the other armory, the party finds a very nice broadsword, that glows with the aura of magic, but not much else that isn't mundane.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #123

Max

As the others gather with the loot, Max lifts the armor from the first search, and begins off back to the camp to turn in the objective.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lucinda, who definitely is not a pack mule by any definition, skips along behind Max with her satchel carrying the documents retrieved from the office.
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron watches Lucinda leave a little despondently. "I suppose I'm carrying all of this then?"

Muttering to himself, he picks up the remainder of the loot that they'd taken and staggers off after the other two.

I must remember to research a potion to help with this...

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

6. - Top - End - #126

Max

Max turned around, and walked past Lucinda, a scowl on his face. The larger man makes an arm empty, carrying the bow and armor in his right arm. Max picks up half the things Jaron carried, and held onto it with his right arm. Turning around, Max resumed his lead, hustling ahead of Lucinda.

7. - Top - End - #127

Lucinda giggle "Now now, no scowling or grumbling men, you know a delicate little flower like me is no pack mule! Besides, I am here to make battle easier for you two, so in turn you can carry all of the findings. It's not like I am taking you to a bazaar and forcing you to lug around all of my purchases!"
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #128

Max

Turning around, Max stops to look Lucinda in the face. "You do equal work in battle, you carry your share of rewards. Next time, I want to see you lugging around things, or you'll regret it." Max turns on his heels, and marches on towards the camp, hoping to end this mission already.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The party makes it back to the camp with little resistance, those few people that they did encounter on their trip back quickly surrendered, with the knowledge that their leader was gone. As you return to camp, you find the triumphant attacking force returning, with a large number of prisoners, but you avoid them in favor of hunting out Dunkel's tent.

10. - Top - End - #130

Max

Entering the tent, Max holds open the flaps for the rest of his team. Once everyone is in Dunkel's presence, he motions for Lucinda to show the files they captured.

11. - Top - End - #131

Lucinda glides through the tent opening and throws her satchel unceremoniously onto the table "Here you are uncle Dunkel, I even managed to find some sealed orders, i left them on top."
    Blarg...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dunkel opens the sealed orders first, interested in what they contained. After the papers explode in his face, he discards the flaming envelope, and gets to work on checking the remaining papers. After about ten minutes of going through them, he starts to speak. "Good job. It seems like you three have completed both your objective, and one that we had before now failed at. I'm impressed. As soon as you three took down their commanding officer, everyone we were fighting just gave up. It was a rousing success, and this information here will help me plan our next move. You are dismissed, although, if you'll speak with Minoru, he'll be able to check out that stuff you brought back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Minoru is the camp's artificer. Yes, he is the 3.5 artificer, for those of you who know what that is. In essence, he is your store/crafter.

You guys have free reign to do as you wish for the remainder of the evening, or to move on to the next day. let me know when you wish to move on.

13. - Top - End - #133

Max

Leaving the other two with the armor and sword, Max left for the vendor, and placed the headband onto the counter, wanting a decent price. "Also, I would like to go up a size on my Earthbreaker, as soon as possible."

14. - Top - End - #134

Lucinda shrieks as the letter explodes in Dunkel's face she begins to tear up "I'm so soorrrrry Uncle, I thought, I thought it was important. Please forgive me!!! Anyway I am off to go drink, toodles~!" She dashes out the door and finds the nearest dice game (she usually does fairly well off of the guards)
    Blarg...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron jumps in surprise as the sealed orders explode. "If you give me a minute, sir, I can mix a healing potion for you."

He starts work on the potion, adding a small amount of various ingredients to a vial before finally passing it over. When he finished he turned to ask Max if he'd help him carry the armour and weapon to Minoru. The question died before it even left his lips as he saw he'd been left alone with their acquired loot. Again. Grumbling, he carried the two items to the artificer, making slow progress thanks to the weight.

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Dunkel refuses the potion, the explosion seems to have not even scratched him. As the others leave, he sits down with his papers, going through them one after another.

Lucinda

Spoiler
    Show
    Make a few d100 rolls for me, and tell me how much if anything you're betting on them.

Max

Spoiler
    Show
    Minoru looks over the headband for a minute, then looks back at Max. "I can give you 2,000 gold for this, but i think you'd rather hold onto it yourself. It'll enhance your own innate powers. As for your earthbreaker, if you give it to me, i'll have you a new one in the proper size by tomorrow morning, no extra charge."

Spoiler
    Show
    That headband is a headband of inspired wisdom +2

Jaron

Spoiler
    Show
    When you get to the artificers tent, he's all alone, assuming the others have already left. He takes the items you give him and gives them a thorough looking over. "I can give you 1,110 gold for the sword, and 600 for the armor. Unless you wanna keep it for yourself."

Spoiler
    Show
    +1 Longsword, and +1 Scale Mail.

17. - Top - End - #137

Dice Rolling!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also... using fortune hex on meself because why not, cackling will make it last another round I shall roll three times so the first two rolls will have doubles (taking the best of each of course )
    Betting 10 gold on each dice roll (1d100)[40](40)
    (1d100)[19](19)
    (1d100)[95]
    you can treat it as the dice almost landing on a bad number then switching to a better one at the last minute and since it is a SLA no verbal or somatic components required XD
    Blarg...

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lucinda

Spoiler
    Show
    The other guards are still astounded by your luck, and after about an hour of playing with them, you walk away with an extra 80 gold from the four guards who were playing tonight. Lucky you.

Completely misread the numbers. You didn't win that much, but the 40 was enough to win. I gave a nudge for just being naturally lucky.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-28 at 10:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Spoiler
    Show
    whoops forgot the second rolls for the first two lol
    (1d100)[8]
    (1d100)[18]
    Blarg...

20. - Top - End - #140

Max

Leaving his Earthbreaker with the competent man, Max retires to his tent, and drives a metal sliver into one of the larger wooden beams. Resting his prize from the war effort, the crystal bow, max begins wearing his headband, feeling the affects all at once, but knowing them to be futile in this state.

Max doesn't wait up for anything else, instead, he just wanders to bed, stripping his large armor off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning the 24 hour process of the headband now.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

"1700, hmm? That seems a reasonable enough price."

Jaron pushes the armour and weapon across to the merchant and waits expectantly for the money in return.

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The artificer takes the gear and counts out the proper coins for Jaron, handing him a small bag filled with platinum coins. "Nice doing business with you, my friend. I'll be around in a couple of days. I need a few alchemical supplies. Purely research i promise you."

As the party presumably hits the hay for the night, they find that night passes quickly, and morning arrives just as soon. As there are no orders for them, and no plans made, the party is on their own.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you have anything you wish to do, you may request it. If not, just give me an ok, and i'll forward you to the next objective.

23. - Top - End - #143

Max

Max scrambles around his tent, putting his armor and the like on. Once ready, he moves down to the shop, and attends it for his new Earthbreaker.

24. - Top - End - #144

Lucinda awakes, groggy, disoriented and grumpy. As she clambers out from her cot she knocks over a half drunk bottle of wine which shatters as it makes contact. She spews out a line of curses that would make a pirate blush before waving her hand in a practised motion causing the wine to spontaneously disappear and the glass fragments to be swept away into the corner. Holding her head she shambles forth from her tent in very bad spirits.
    Blarg...

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Max

Spoiler
    Show
    When you speak with Minoru, he immediately presents you with your new larger Earthbreaker, which as soon as you pick it up, you can feel it as naturally as you did your old one.

Lucinda

Spoiler
    Show
    As you leave your tent, you find the typical hustle bustle of the camp, with a lot of it towards the new war prisoners.

26. - Top - End - #146

Lucinda mumbles darkly to herself, damn soldiers and their noisy tendancies, didn't they know she was a precious flower that needed her rest? She wished she could make everything go silent so her head could have a moments reprieve from the building headache. Plodding on she makes her way to Dunkel's tent for todays orders if there were any if not, she will simply make a B-line to the nearest alchemist and strangle them into making her an anidote.
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    There are no orders for today. And you realize that Jaron is the nearest Alchemist. Minoru, while capable, is not nearly as good as Jaron.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron spends the morning at his lab, experimenting with various concoctions. Several of them issue some rather alarming noises whilst others create particularly pungent odours.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jaron is preparing his extracts for the day:

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds x3, True Strike x1, Shield x1
    Level 2: Invisibility x2, Restoration x1, Cat's Grace x1

Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Lucinda drags herself to Jaron's tent and nearly vomits as she enters, she hated the ever present funny smell to the place but she knew that at the very least his concoctions did the trick. "Oh Jaaaaarrrroooon, I need to you to whip me up something for my hangover, that is unless you want me vomiting all over your tent!"
    Blarg...

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaron doesn't bother to look up from his work as Lucinda stumbles in, word of his work got around quickly in the camp and many soldiers had already badgered him for hangover cures. Initially he'd just turned them away but such a large number came that he'd resigned himself to providing for them. He gestured at a small table with dozens of vials of a slightly blue tinted liquid, "Drink one of those then find some water to wash it down with."

He glances up, making sure she was paying attention, "The water is important, if you don't follow that potion with enough of it then it could make the hang over worse rather than better."

He returns to his work, glancing up occasionally to make sure Lucinda isn't interfering with any of his delicate equipment.

Spoiler
    Show
    The vials are just water with a little sugar in them, tinted blue with crushed flower petals. There's no cure quite like a placebo!

Show