New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 2 - Oh My God, You Really Exploded!

Previously, on Sanctum Academy....

What is Beacon Academy anyway?

Sanctum Academy is part of the setting for the Rooster Teeth webisode series called RWBY. It's a short series so far, but a very fun one that's caught the attention of a not small part of the forums who have shown a marked interest in playing around in the world that Monty Oum has created.

Many years ago, in a world known as Vytal, mankind lived in peace. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. That is, until the arrival of the Grimm, malevolent creatures who emerged from the darkness to attack humanity. To fight back, mankind harnessed a magical energy source known as 'Dust' and used its power to not only drive back the Grimm, but also to catalyze the growth of civilization across the planet. In the present day, 'Hunters' are trained in special schools to harness the dust and become protectors of the peace. Both from the criminals and creatures of Grimm as well....

This game is based on the setting of RWBY, but doesn't take place at Beacon in order to give everyone involved more of a say in what's going on, since a lot isn't known about RWBY's setting yet. This way there's less potential conflict with canon. Sanctum is an academy like Signal in the Mistral Region where Hunters receive their initial training before moving on to a more advanced school like Beacon. It's fairly close to city of Meadow, an industrial powerhouse that develops much of the machinery that the four cities of Vytal uses with a sizable Faunas workforce. Also in Meadow is Pharos Academy, a prep-school equivalent to Signal in RWBY.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, Nexus?

It differs in several important ways.

Spoiler
    Show
    First, it is a lot more uniform than the usual 'anything goes' freeform. You have hunters (huntresses), teachers at Sanctum, criminals, and the creatures called Grimm, but not like ... cyborgs or lich-ghosts ... unless the show contradicts this of course! Also, there's the Frontier Corporation, a corrupt company that manufactures weapons and robots. Its head, a prodigy teenager named Aurum, lives at the school and his company is a sponsor of the school.

Second, the plot of Sanctum is going to be more directed. Players come up with their own plots, get people to participate in them, and have a blast! Just make sure everyone is on board with what you are doing, to keep trouble from coming up down the line. MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING. We had trouble with this in the last thread, please don't repeat it here. If something over-arching develops, that's great! If not, also fine! Also, please try to keep to the tone of RWBY. We don't want this getting grimdark.

Third, Sanctum is self-contained. It does not connect to other settings so come up with something nice for Sanctum rather then just...porting over something you've done before.

How do I start?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.

To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.

With that in mind, make sure your character is alright then post away!

What abilities are there?

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, from what has been seen in Rwby, there's three real abilities to keep in mind. What weapon your character has (if any) that they specialize in since people only have one weapon it seems. How strong their Aura is and what they can do with it. Finally, do they use Dust and, if so, what sort do they use? Dust can be sorta nebulous since...uh...not much is known about it aside from the actual dust form of Dust is more powerful then the crystal form and the different colors can have very different effects. So don't go too crazy on what sort of Dust you carry around.

There are rules, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorta.

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.

Second, please remember that we plan to have a directed plot. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first because some people put a lot of work/effort into their plots and can get touchy when things just happen to screw them up, especially when nobody even talked to them about it. So, you know...just be courteous!

Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.

Fourth, have fun!

Things to consider but not really rules!
    1. Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
      Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. TALK major fights over with your opponent!
      In my experience, this is the biggest problem for FFRPs that involve combat since most people don't want to look weak or helpless. People will get into fights and then arguments start about who's going to win or what happen. Arguments that can be easily avoided by talking it out and coming to an agreeable conclusion.
    3. Don't argue in the OOC!
      They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC. This is different from helpful debate or giving advice.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Important Links
    Character Rosters
    The RWBY series in all it's glory!
    IC Thread #1
    IC Thread #2 (Current)
    First OOC Thread
    Second OOC Thread (You Are Here)
    Third OOC Thread (Current)

Helpful Character Template-thingy:

Name:
    Fairy Tale Motif: (If you have one in mind!)

Appearance:

Biography:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Weapon:

Dust/Aura:

Original post written by Callos_DeTerran, modified by Hawkflight.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2013-11-11 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 2 - Oh My God, You Really Exploded!

You win this round, but just wait till last time.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 2 - Oh My God, You Really Exploded!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    You win this round, but just wait till last time.
    Wait till ... what?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yay! Important links

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

What's Aurum gonna do to Cael's weapons?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, is anyone uninvolved in the ic?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Wait till ... what?
    I know exactly what I'm talking about.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kind of amazing how quickly we needed a new OOC thread.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Kind of amazing how quickly we needed a new OOC thread.
    Just wait until I build the Death Star. lol swagon

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I know exactly what I'm talking about.
    I'm glad one of us does.

So, I find myself curious what Aurum would do to Kitty's weapon. Or even if he would try, or if he still considers it too far below him. Or if Kitty would even let him.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm glad one of us does.

So, I find myself curious what Aurum would do to Kitty's weapon. Or even if he would try, or if he still considers it too far below him. Or if Kitty would even let him.
    I can't just tell you! That'd be no fun at all. Who knows, maybe he'll rig it to record her in her sleep or something.

Or vibrate.

Or explode.

Or speak.

Or all four.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Silven and Falcon are free...both are in the spare dorms for the outcasts and unwanted new recruits yet to be placed into a team.

BTW, whoever said about playing matchmaker...yes, as long as you don't pair the teams up and make curse words in the team name. Everyone is worried what happened to team C***

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    All right, I'm open.

Did Kerfuffle post yesterday and did I get a response about a free goal area? It's an awful lot of posts between here and yesterday, and I really don't feel like clawing through them after today. Lots of horse trouble.
    *coughs politely*
    My Homestuck role is Thane of Space of the Land of Insanity and Frogs.

The Malkavians would be proud.

Thanks to Mokipi for the Exalted avatar!

For avatars of your own, he's on White Wolf.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Im gonna have medi find falcon if its okay.

And leliel, i have no idea. Sorry

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Sure thing.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait till ... what?
    I'm getting the weirdest sense of deja vu.

Now, hmm.

The Cael, Aurum, Kedra thing will be fun.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

You got him last time, he got you this time.

Fridge Brilliance!
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-09-25 at 07:50 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Now, hmm.

The Cael, Aurum, Kedra thing will be fun.
    That should not have been reposted.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

That should not have been reposted.
    We've broken the forum.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apologiees for the blinding yellow. Im away from where i wrote the hex code

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

pst, Selm....Falcon's half relaxing half waiting
    EDIT: Ah, ok, sorry.
    Last edited by thebladeofchaos; 2013-09-25 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Posted too early lol

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone wants to follow Kitty up to the dorm, feel free. I wasn't deadtiming or looking for a private scene with Rebecca.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Unless Selm says otherwise, feel free to join his and my pair.

24. - Top - End - #24

Could Falcon or Silvern please meet Cael?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

It's an open invite I suppose. I mean, it's not like I'd say no

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Almost to my computer. It means longer and less blinding posts

27. - Top - End - #27

Kitty smiled and nodded, leading the way back to the dorm.

----

Once in her dorm room, she sighed and collapsed on one of the bunk beds. One of the bottom ones, not hers, possibly Alex's. When she realized it wasn't her bed, she rolled over and flopped onto the floor.
    Nooooo! You squished Teddy-cat!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Nooooo! You squished Teddy-cat!
    This RP just got WAY too dark.

I'm out.

Bye.

Not Really

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Leliel View Post
    *coughs politely*
    Yeah, I did.

Don't know about anybody saying there's an open area, but I think we can just assume there is one.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Selm View Post
    This RP just got WAY too dark.

I'm out.

Bye.

Not Really
    Started laughing, then stopped. Heh?