New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

[MagMart]

"Y'know, if this is how you blab about Cessie, I'd hate to hear the stuff about me," Adir teases. He'd hate to hear it, I'm sure.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"Oh, well then you'd hate to here that you and Harnel are a constant source of conversation for us." Sakura says teasingly. More Harnel than Adir, it seems, though.

3. - Top - End - #393

[MagMart]

"Well I'm just glad we give you girls something to talk about," Adir says, attempting nonchalance now. He finally sets his basket down to grab a couple crib boxes. "Here, honey, you take the basket. I'll push this thing around." The boxes are shortly deposited in the cart.

Once they're moving again, the stag decides it's time for a change of subject. "So. I noticed we haven't talked about another boy name yet."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Sakura accepts the basket from her husband with a little smirk on her face. She;s a bit surprised he never tried to dig a bit more, honestly. The new topic is easily enough to divert her attention, though.

"That's right. We're gonna need one." Hrm... Sakura thinks about it. Oh, now what were some of the ideas they'd talked about before? "Do you have any ideas you like?" She decides to ask first.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Newtonmire's]

Mimi accepts the hand up. "I'm okay, I'm okay." She rubs her elbow where she smacked it on the floor. She blinks a few times and looks around. "I'm big." She looks at the rings.
    Well, she seemed to be fine, all things considered. "I, ah.. Suppose that you are yes. Well, in reference to how you were before but really the frame of reference is what determines anything if you think about it. Probably is why so many find germs and the like to be so fascinating. Such small things being able to bring down something so large." the shopkeeper said, nattering on about some further various oddities between reconciling size and overall effect.

However, unless Mimi chose to bother him with further questions, the shopkeeper will prompt the pixie with an inquiry of his own. "So, um.. You seem fine physically but.. Are you quite alright with the change there, Miss? It seems like this isn't exactly a normal thing for you if I may make an assumption."

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

"Not really." Mimi waves her arms experimentally and then gives her wings a few flaps. "I mean, it's not really normal. I feel fine. Just surprised." She hops in place, fluttering her wings as she does so. She's not sure she'd be able to fly like this, though she's getting some lift with what she's trying now.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"Just an order? An religion?" Dena suggests as she starts to pick out more garments for herself. "But enough about that, do you have some sort of job at the side too? For money I mean?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Arcane Threads

"I'm a carpenter actually." Bramwell says with a small smile. "Sometime I'd like to show you the workshop. Actually have a few good pieces in there that you might like."

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [MagMart]

Sakura accepts the basket from her husband with a little smirk on her face. She;s a bit surprised he never tried to dig a bit more, honestly. The new topic is easily enough to divert her attention, though.

"That's right. We're gonna need one." Hrm... Sakura thinks about it. Oh, now what were some of the ideas they'd talked about before? "Do you have any ideas you like?" She decides to ask first.
    Oh, I doubt this is the last she'll hear about it. Perhaps he'll even attempt to listen in one of Cessie and Sakura's conversations.

"Well, remember when we picked Cernunnos? There was that other one, Gwydion, that I liked," Adir suggests. "But if you've got any ideas..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"Cern and Gwydion. I like it." Sakura agrees with a grin. That was easy. Course, they'd talked about it earlier. "You just have all the good suggestions this time."

11. - Top - End - #401

[MagMart]

"Well, I've been givin' it a lot of thought. I like thinkin' about it. Just imagine... our kids are gonna be called these names their whole lives. By their friends, their wives, their kids," Adir looks down, smiling to himself. "I just wanna make em' good is all."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"It's funny to see you taking something so seriously. Another sign you're a great dad." Sakura turns to give him a quick peck on the lips. "Hm, do you know why your mom and dad chose your name?"

13. - Top - End - #403

[MagMart]

"Had to start sometime," Adir says with a grin. It's a bit harder to tell, with his dark skin, but he blushes at the compliment. Still not used to hearing stuff like that, even after all this time. When his name is mentioned, Adir sighs and rolls his eyes. "My dad used to tell me it was a 'noble Frescot name'. That he'd given it to many Frescots before me. That part was true, at least - but mostly it just comes from his bad sense of humor."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Sakura thinks for a moment, and then laughs when it occurs to her. "A deer?" She asks amusedly. "Well, we know where you got your sense of humor then. Take a guess where my name came from. We'll see how good you think Sarget is at thinking of names."

15. - Top - End - #405

[MagMart]

"Let me think," Adir says, grinning his stupid grin. "Does the name mean short? Or... chesty, perhaps, in some sacred forest language..." The silly buck is very obviously looking at her hair, despite his guesses.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-12-23 at 01:51 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

"Oh good. No side effects then. Always liked that you could usually tell if a spell went wrong by the fact that you suddenly had octopus arms and smell strongly of thyme." the shopkeeper said, summing up what might be a thinly veiled anecidote.

"Anyway, using those should just be a manner of putting them on or taking them off your fingers. Or toes if that's more your thing. Couldn't say what would happen if you tried to use 'em as piercings though. Wouldn't reccomend it." the man said, this time without any amusing aside to add.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

[Newtonmire's]

"Take them on and off. Gotcha." Mimi considers taking them off now, but she kind of wants to experiment moving around like this before she goes back to the cave. "I gotta go give someone a big thank you kiss now, so bye. And thanks!"

The pixie tries to take off and fly out of the store without really thinking about it, and to her surprise it works. She feels a little awkward in the air compared to normal, but she could totally get used to doing this once in a while.

[MagMart]

Sakura gives him a swat on the arm for his trouble. "No, it means cherry blossom. Very original, I know. I don't think he's very good at being original. It makes me wonder if he'll want to name my sister."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-12-23 at 02:20 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408

[MagMart]

So much abuse today! Adir winces in not-fake pain when he's swatted. "Aw, don't be too hard on 'im. Sakura's a cute name. Even if, y'know, it's kind've an obvious choice." Adir ponders what sort've name Sakura's sister will have. "And, well, he is the 'dad', right? Shouldn't he get to name her?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Toughen up, Adir. She barely hit hard enough to sting.

"Oh, don't worry about that. I like my name, even if it's not creative." The dryad says. "And yeah, he'll probably have ideas for names, though I doubt he'd mind getting suggestions too. We'll have to ask him when we get home."

20. - Top - End - #410

[MagMart]

Okay, I confess, the pain was entirely fake.

"Yeah, we can at least hear him out. It can't be much longer now," Adir says, smiling.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"Nope, shouldn't be. It'll be before the twins are born for sure. It's kinda weird to think Laela will be older than her auntie. But I guess it won't look that way anyway." Sakura says.

22. - Top - End - #412

[MagMart]

"I can't believe she'll be walking and talking right off the bat. What was that like? For you, I mean. Do you remember a lot of it, or...?" Adir looks at his wife inquisitively.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"I kinda remember it, though it was a long time ago now. I never really though it was weird. I mean, it was a long time before I found out that wasn't normal for everyone." Sakura shrugs.

24. - Top - End - #414

[MagMart]

"So how's this gonna work, anyway? Are we just gonna treat her like one of ours, or is Sarget gonna take care've her?" Adir asks, planning ahead for once.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"Probably a little of both. We'll definitely help with a lot, get her clothes and a room in the house and everythign like that, but I don't doubt she'll spend lots of time with Sarget." Sakura replies.

26. - Top - End - #416

[MagMart]

"I she and Laela are gonna be good friends," Adir says, smiling as he pushes the cart along. So many plans and dreams for the future.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #417

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Arcane Threads

"I'm a carpenter actually." Bramwell says with a small smile. "Sometime I'd like to show you the workshop. Actually have a few good pieces in there that you might like."
    Arcane Threads

"I'd like that actually. I can just imagine what you can do with the proper tools. Don't tell me I'm your dream girl though." She says with a grin.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-28 at 07:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"I know they will." Sakura agrees. Her mind wanders to thoughts of when the kids are bigger and all playing together. It's going to be great.

((And we can probably call the scene here.))

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Arcane Threads

"I'd like that actually. I can just imagine what you can do with the proper tools. Don't tell me I'm your dream girl though." She says with a grin.
    Arcane Threads

Bramwell rolls his eyes with a small smile. "While I have broad tastes, I don't have board tastes." He puns merrily.

30. - Top - End - #420

Arcane Threads

Dena pats Bramwell's back, "That's the spirit. Not that there would have been anything wrong with that of course. We all have our little quirks, I for one discovered I was completely heterosexual. My mother and I can't even talk any more." She says, shaking her head sadly.