New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

as if killing the bard is supposed to impress us Myrddin mutters under his breath. If he a had a bit better aim you would be charcoal right now, stay down and stay out of the way.

Myrddin picks Adolimin up very roughly and whispers to him

If you try to mess with my head again I will finish what Ryan started and rip out that silver tongue of yours.

Myrddin gets the attention of a nearby villager or preferably Ireena if she is close and hands Adolimin off to them.

GET HIM OUT OF HERE.

Myrddin then moves to Ryan and takes up a position to defend him. He says thanks for the assist, lets get of here and starts moving towards the door.
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-12-11 at 02:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Under his breath, Revan mutters Serves that filthy pacifist right.

Turning back to Danovich, Revan grabs Danovich by the collar and hauls him to his feet, shouting into his face YOU PATHETIC SLIME, GET UP AND AVENGE YOUR SON! THESE PEASANTS THINK YOU ARE WEAK! SHOW THEM THE POWER OF NERULL GOD OF DEATH!!

Revan then casts Ring of Blades, keeping Danovich close so he is not hurt by the whirring blades. Revan then begins to move towards the door with Danovich if he decides to follow. If he does not, I will push him to the ground so is does not get hit by the blades.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ring of Blades: Spell Compendium page 177. Using divine spell power (1d20+12)[29] therefore making me effective caster level 11, so this spell is going to last 11 minutes and deal 1d6+10 points of damage to anyone dumb enough to try and get within 5 feet of me.
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-12-11 at 02:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Alright since combat is about to happen, to speed this up I would like the following from everyone (spoilered):
    current HP/Max HP
    current AC, flat footed and touch
    bonuses for saves (so I can roll them for speed)

As Revan hauls Danovich to his feet, Danovich looks into his eyes with a cruel, knowing smile, then slams his palm in Revan's face
    Revan only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You take (2d8)[7] damage as you feel magic course from Danovich's palm
    Spellcraft Check DC 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Moderate Wounds

As Myrrdin looks to Ireena to hand off Adolamin, she stares at him, sword raised to eye level. "I suggest you surrender now."

Two of the villagers and Arik the barkeep flank Ryan, Arik wielding a pair of long knives, one of the villagers wielding a torch, the other a mug.

The entire group is surrounded by villagers, there is no way out of the inn without breaking it down or fighting through them. There are around 50 villagers total, most of whom have makeshift weapons in the form of chairs, mugs, torches, etc and about 10 of whom have weapons ranging from knives to a huge axe.

Your turn

Adolamin
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Since when did the village collectively decide to grow a pair? Myrddin mutters. He tries to quickly get through to Ireena. Myrddin's eyes start to glow with bright, white light.

@DM

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I'll post stats once I can grab my character sheet.
    Look, I might surrender into your custody, but it looks like everyone around here is in a 'take no prisoners' kind of mood. If Ryan had wanted to kill Adolimin, he could have employed a lot more potent magicks. He just saw that Adolimin was trying to mess with me, and he wanted to take him out for a bit. I apologize for knocking him out, but I needed Revan to confess that he was a Nerullite. I suspect he was supposed to be Danovich's handler, to collect the blaspheme once the plague had proven its effectiveness. I have some friends, some very powerful friends who asked me to figure out what he was up to. Now I have proof positive that he is a servant of Despoiler. If you want my help, I don't need you to beg, just ask, politely. The paladin should be coming here shortly, between the four of us we should be able to handle Revan. But fighting him in here, with everyone around is a very bad idea.

Diplomacy (1d20+6)[20]

If Ireena listens, Myrddin will move towards the door, prepare a vial of holy water for use next turn(e.g. dropping it on the ground) and wildshapes into a fleshraker.

If Ireena does not listen, Myrddin will wildshape into a fleshraker, and move based on how the others take their turns, (will update later)

If anyone attacks Myrddin he immediately wildshapes into a fleshraker.

OOC: its never a proper campaign until we start a riot
    and if I can suggest something to listen to while the next part goes on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiRH47J_zuI
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-12-12 at 12:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Revan reels from Danovich's blatant betrayal, no longer allowing him to remain in his square so Danovich will be taking (1d6+10)[15] damage from the swords You filthy traitorous son of a ---

Revan then puts his shield above his head and casts updraft (Which would lift him 60ft into the air) in an attempt to break through the ceiling of the tavern (Swift action). If this is successful, when he is outside the tavern he...

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    casts light and calls out in his loudest voice Come to me my undead minions. Let us kill the townsfolk for the glory of Nerull. Then he floats down away from the tavern towards where he left his ettin undead.

If he does not break through the tavern ceiling, then on his descent he casts sanctuary on himself (assuming the spell is not broken by the blades hitting someone) and floats down towards the door. If Sanctuary would be broken by the blades, darkness instead on my scythe.

@DM Stats
    Spoiler
    Show
    Health 29/36
    AC 21, Flat 21,Touch 9
    Will+10,Reflex+2,Fort+6
    Last edited by petagee; 2012-12-12 at 01:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC=19 (21 vs evil) flat footed AC= 17 (19 vs evil)
    Fortitude 4, Ref: 4 will: 5
    HP: 19/29

Ryan defensivley casts gaseous form on himself and flies out the door and into the sky.
    Last edited by WyvernBlade; 2012-12-12 at 03:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

BarbarianGuy

Ryan
    Concentration Check for casting defensively: DC 15+spell level (18?)

Revan
    As you push Danovich away from you he is torn to pieces by the blades. Your attempt to escape fails and you return to the ground, the villagers keeping a health distance from you, throwing mugs at you. You take 4 points of nonlethal damage as a mug slams into your temple before you have a chance to cast your sanctuary spell. After you do, you see plenty of makeshift weapons bounce off an invisible sphere around you as you reach the door.

Myrrdin
    Ireena grabs you by the collar and pulls you through the crowd. You feel a few fists slam into before finally you are through. As you get through, pulling Adolamin along (I assume), Ireena places her sword at your neck, "One wrong move. Got it?" She heads back into the group of villagers, attempting to calm them down, and to stop them from turning on each other.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

@Dm
    Spoiler
    Show

Will Save on Sanctuary (1d20+8)[22] (assuming dc of 15)

(where am I relative to the door and Revan?)
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-12-12 at 06:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

concentration check: (1d20+9)[25]

10. - Top - End - #220

BarbarianGuy

@Myrrdin
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other than a few knocked over tables, there is a straight line between you and Revan

Ryan
    Your spell succeeds and you escape

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once I reach the door, I open it and leave, making my way to the nearest rooftop, where Myrrdin and I kept watch the first night.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Myrddin drags Adolimin into the nearest building (not the tavern or shop) and sets him out in a place away from the fighting. He goes outside and looks for the paladin and Rabbit (taking as many rounds as nessecary)

bastards not gonna get far wearing armor like that..

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Myrrdin leaving Adolamin alone, I wait a little then I descend the building, creep around the side and get as close to Adolamin as possible without drawing attention. If I get within touching distance I cast death knell and kill him. If he is in view of someone who would rat on me, I stand nearby and ready myself for an opportunity to kill Adolamin.

14. - Top - End - #224

BarbarianGuy

Ryan, Myrrdin and Revan roll spot and listen checks.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Listen
    (1d20+5)[24]
    Spot
    (1d20+5)[19]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Spot:(1d20+11)[15]
    Listen:(1d20+6)[26]