New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [PitP] Ponythread: The Roleplaying

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    She looks at him closely, with her glowing orb-eye possibly literaly looking into his soul.

"So, you tell me how you know about Brayersburg, and I will tell you how I got like..this. Tis only fair, and I think we may actually have time."
    Helmets are remarkably blank and expressionless, so Pushing probably didn't see the smile, the rolled eyes, or the ears twitching up and down. However, the microphone in the helmet captured the sigh and the subsequent chortle very well.

"I guess you could say that at one point in time I've been everywhere at once," he said. "I think this would have been just after I came to Equestria. I was big on exploring; had to find out everything there was to know about this new world."

Stars soared past them as they flew north. "I guess you might call me a tourist; I'm going from place to place, learning all about the people, making friends. Keeping things..." He paused, and continued with relish on the last word: "interesting.

"Your world is beautiful, do you know that? And so full of chaos, fighting, factions... If I hadn't seen him in Celly's gardens, I would assume that dear great-uncle Chaos was still active.

"Anyway, Breyersburg. I did a flyover before I met Steel. It seemed a nice place, so I hung around. By the way, may I compliment you on some of your spotters. They were even able to see me, and I fled so they wouldn't feel too bad."

The helmet turned to look at the filly. "So, now you know how I know about Breyersburg. What's your story?"
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #422

Exclamation Re: [PitP] Ponythread: The Roleplaying

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    The helmet turned to look at the filly. "So, now you know how I know about Breyersburg. What's your story?"
    Pushing Daisies was silent for a moment, as if in deep thought. Finaly, after what seemed to be a few minutes of thinking, spoke.

"You know how most of northern Celestiana was a indipendent country a few generations back, the Tsardom of Unicornia? Well, a few years before the donkey serf's revolted and nearly a decade before Celestia claimed the lands herself, the Tsaress had a very sick foal. Tsar Winterfell was at his wits end, and like his wife, Frozen Snow, was willing to accept any help they could get. Every half-witted proficent magic user came and gathered in St. Brayersburg, but none could cure the little foal of his sickness. Some claimed that it was witchcraft or warlockery, and the usual targets, zebra-kin, the few goats and sheeps that excaped the old attempts to drive them out, even the few mules in those days, all were accused, tried, and let go peacefuly.

What? It was not that bad.

Anyway, during those days, winter was a funny word. You see, the land the Tsardom occupied was the natural home for the Windigo's, and they still haunt the area today in much smaller numbers. Now, this was not completely the Tsardom's fault: the Sibearians could kill a cow with a drunken hug, the dogs of Pawland troubled us forever and a day, and the northern kingdoms blamed the Tsar's refusal to bow to Celestia as the reason for the day-long night. Don't give me that look, it took two-hundred years for news of Luna's fall to reach that far east.

Neverless, in all this hate and confusion, the Tsaresses foal was not the only one that was sick. I suffered through ten years of sickness, and considering I was my mothers first foal I would have been lucky to have lived half that time healthy. We were a upper-class family during that time, for my great-grandsire was some great magical asset to the Tsar at the time and we gained a bit of land quite close to the center of the tsardom proper.

But that's just a minor detail, realy. The family's land was a days travel away from the city, but I never saw it until the a messanger said that some priest from a backwater town was going to cure the young foal. My father took me and my three siblings to go see him, for he belived that if he was truly a holy stallion, he could cure me.

There was so many ponies in the castle's center chambers, frankly. The city itself was a wonderful sight, for in those days it was sculpted wholy from snow by the great cryomancers of old. Great spires of blue ice that would never melt was incrusted with gold and ruby inlayed, and the castle proper was decorated with the rainbow scales of some great serpent slain long ago...ah! It was wonderful in all, but was nothing compared to what was in store for me.

The so called priest looked like a lunatic. Apparently, on his way to the castle, he suffered a Donksack attack and was forced to occupy a ice cave for little over a week. He had a mad gleam in his eyes, that much was for sure. His coat was probably black at some point, but he looked prematurely grey and old, and his donkey-brown mane was messy and unkept. Neverless, the Tsaress stood next to him like he was her shield. Frankly, there was probably something going on, but nothing as big as the time one of the rulers had a incident with the Saddle diplomat....another story, I suppose. Anyway, yes, as a eye witness, Winterfell's eyes were shifting back and forth between the priest and Snow every few moments.

Anyway, the royal doctor brought out the little colt, who was of pegusi sock. Actualy, yes, it was natural: the Tsar's father, Frostfell, married one of the bat-winged kind you can see today in the Night Court. They where dieing even then, and the princess's name I cannot recall. Neverless, the little colt was the delight of the court, for he could fly increadably well even when half-dead. Now, I only learned this later on, mind you.

Neverless, the priest asked the Tsar politely if he could heal every pony in the room of there 'sickness'. He agreed, small tears in his eyes. Seeing the lord of the realm, half-crying with joy, it was one of the strangest moments of my living life. But not as strange as what would come next, I would think. Please, I am getting to the good part of the story.

There were plenty of sickly ponies, even amongst the most powerful of the upper class, so the floor was quite crowded. I managed to squeeze between several portly mares and stallions to the front, where the priest was and nearly in hoofs-reach of the young prince. He, the priest, gazed at us calmly, almost smiling as he did so.

And then he began his spell. All I remember was a arc of darkness coming from his horn that touched the roof of the dome and the cries of surprised ponies. I think I heard screaming, too, but then I quickly realised that I could not hear anything, let alone feel anything, because I was dead.

I was like this for a while, I think, because when I awoke the castle was a shattered mess. I myself, after waking up, found myself pinned to the ground by a mosaic-piece from the dome itself. But I was not the only pony waking up. Yes, most of the ponies within were dead, but some were still alive, in a way. Most had no fur, some were fleshless, but several had flesh and fur and even true life. I, at the time, did not find this horrible, nor did the mix of bone and ice and other, more colorful substances decorating the jagged edges of the palace scare me. I was not confused, either. Pehapes it was because I had gone and died and come back again, but even then I did not think about it.

There was a bat-pony in the room, giving orders. He...I will not say he was the priest, but there was something dark going on at the time and I never did see the Prince in the rubble. I do belive the histories of this country say that the priest allied himself with Frozen Snow and fled, only to be slain himself, but I personaly think that, if the priest did exist on the mortal plane, he was of pegusi stock now. I do belive I was told that there was a war going on, and that it was importent that we prepared for a trip to a place called "Stalliongrad". Apparently, said war had been going on for days before I woke up, and Breyersburg's near abandonment was just a sign that both major sides had left it to rot. I myself remember little much else of the past, alas, I am not a walking textbook on the rise and fall of Unicornia and it's uniting with Equestria, but I do know that none of them mention the event that I saw take place. All I know was that I was not the only pony who was unliving during the construction of the "new" St. Brayersburg.

You know, I cannot say claim that the priest was Silent. But I would like to think that I know somepony who was around five hundred years ago, and that there is somepony who know's what it's like to be...well, like me. Most ponies like me have forgotten what it was like to live, realy. Most of the ghoul-scouts wear empty smiles to go along with there empty minds. I would like it if somepony knew who I was when I was living. I think I would like that more than anything else, realy
    ."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423

There was silence from the helmet for a minute or two, and then an almighty snort shook the pair of them. Silence once again, but then the mike exploded into a violent outburst. "Eeew! Cure, you got snot on the mike! Well, I'm sorry! I can't blow my nose with this helmet on! Then take it off! We're flying, what d'you want me to do? Turn off the jets, land, and find a tissue! I swear, you're the worst roommate ever! Remember, I have to watch that too!"

It was the same voice all the time, yet it argued back and forth like an old married couple. "But her story was so saaaad! What're you complaining about? You weren't there! Neither were you; you just flew over for a while; you didn't talk to anyone! How would you know? Cause you never stop yapping! Prance this, and Marexico that, and you never stop going on about fingers! What's a finger, can you tell me that? No! If they were so wonderful, Faust would have given them to us!"
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Charnel looked at the shadowy pony for a few moments.

Disgusting! How...how twisted! There is nothing more useless than a entity like yourself! This plane is...it is not a window for beings like yourselves to watch and gawk at the adventures of Silent and Boffenspark! What does this world mean to you, anyway! Surely....surely you must have some connection to it! Your a pony, for my mother's sake! If your were truly from another plane, I would think you would be a Minotaur or a Satyr or a Fawn or some other sort of discordian beast, not this...this shell of a equine who is living all but in name! And the names...

A Vampire is a being that haunts the night and drinks blood from the living! Not a thing that consumes metaphorical concepts! Your friend was some dream-thing closer to the Changeling's and there emotion-sucking fey ilk than anything else! A Lich is a singular entity of magical might, not a soulbound warrior that's some crude mockery of the noble Death Night's who fight in neat little rows with lazor pistols and grenades! There is no tradition to your life! Undeath is tradition, for a unliving being without there hooves on the pulse of a world is a waste of necromantic energy, Princess
    !
    *Throws formatting out the window, for a test run*

"Does the idea that we find you and your struggles to be essentially unimportant unnerve you, my little pony?" The darkness crooned.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but I find your entire cosmology, your worlds and their metaphysical planes, your whole Reality Shard to be endlessly amusing but not terribly important in and of itself. I am an outsider here, I come from an entirely different Reality Shard and that is what makes your quiet little world such a refreshing hiding place from prying eyes. Well, that and the massive ambiet high I'm on right now from all the exotic energy waves this place is irradiated with because of all those crazy orbital weapons you guys keep blasting into your atmosphere." The most of the shadow of a pony floated lazily about the room.

"No, really, I'm pretty much stoned off my hooves half the time. You have no freakin idea."

"Oh man, blood? Don't get me wrong, it's a classic. You just can't beat that stuff, but it's, like totally a sometimes food, you know? You ever seen an obese Vampire? It's a pretty pathetic sight. Besides, it's beginners stuff. Any two bit ghoul with a pair of pointy gnashers can have a nibble and stuff themselves with the red-stuff. You have to really be in tune with your gift to be able to get anything worthwhile out of more interesting things. Conceptual Vampirism is pretty damn swag, you know. You can't just go straight in for that. You've got to master the basics first. Blood is easy. The Blood is the Life. Next up you've got things like psychic vampirism, feeding directly on another ponies soul or just their mental energy. But you can refine that, take it to higher and more sustainable levels." The shadow gesticulated vaguely.

"Changelings? Don't make me laugh. They're sweet and all, but their whole bag is just a dim reflection of the same thing. You keep a Changeling hungry, you keep them from getting the love they crave and they're just funny looking Earth Ponies. You want to know something really depressing? I mean, their whole thing is pretty close to my technique of emotional-vampirism so I know a thing or two." The shadow paused, conspiritorially.

"For the level of energy expenditure the average changeling needs to power their magic, they could get most of the way their with a little bit of practice and the ability to love themselves. Changelings are a parasitic species because they are emotionally stunted. They just can't bring themselves to love themself for who they are, and they don't trust each other enough to believe in the love they might have for each other."

"They make great Vampires though, with a bit of training and a little emotional TLC and once you've worked through their difficulties and everyones had a good cry, they make amazing agents. You know, I met a Minotaur Vampire once. Guy was a complete mess, long story. I prefer to stick to equine and near-equine when recruiting, it's easier in the long-run." She trailed off.

"What were we talking about again? Man, I'm feeling peckish. You feeling peckish? Cause I'm totally feeling peckish. Oh yeah, undead tradition, yada yada yada. Undeath is no more meaningful than Life is and I've no more intention of paying attention to it's dictat. A vampire exists because it enjoys what Life, Undeath, Existence whatever you want to call it brings it. A Lich exists because they are not only afraid of death, they are afraid of life. There's nothing particularly noble or meaningful about either I'm afraid."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ParagonOfApathy View Post
    ((This is getting...interesting. Would it be a problem if I jumped in?))
    Go for it.

Thinking Cap and Athena walk on, with Thinking Cap being noticeably cautious. After all the last strange light is what got him stuck here in the first place. However this time the strange light leads them to a vast underground crater with the light being gleaming light coming from strangely dark rainbow pools. The air is thick with energy and Athena might feel a power boost from the energy flowing through the chamber. Thinking Cap on the other hand just feels nauseous. I really don't feel good in this room. Lets just keep moving.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Plane Shift"

A black unicorn, with a fireball cutiemark and a red mane, pops into existence in the sky over Canterlot, rapidly falling.

"Levitate"

He stops falling, coming to a stop in mid-air

"Huh, this isn't Celestia."

The unicorn looks around, and upon looking down, does a double take, and gives a shout.

"Why do I have hooves? Am I... a... horse?"
    "Mirror Image"

As several identical copies of him appear in the air around him, he take this opportunity to give himself a good look-over.

"I am in fact a unicorn. Why am I a unicorn? It must be some strange aspect of this plane. I had better undo this."

He levitates himself to the ground. Once his hooves are firmly on the ground, he casts "Dispel Magic", causing his copies to fade, and looks himself over again.

"Still equine. I'd better get out of here."

"Plane Shift"

Nothing happens
    Last edited by ParagonOfApathy; 2012-12-12 at 05:36 AM.
    [Insert signature here]

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

A whistling, glinting object flies through the air near the black unicorn. As it seems about to pass by, it's trajectory changes and flies down, closer. It pauses in front of the pony.

It appears to be a round metal eye, the only signs of the force keeping it aloft being a disturbance in the air and a whistling noise. It focuses on the pony for a moment, before flying away slower than before, at about the pace of a quick jog.

[[What level of repair is Canterlot at, anyway?]]
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh.

.....So, portal time, who can make one?
    Ook, oook ook!
    *a portal opens up into the wilds of Camelshan*
    Ook. *hops through the portal*

Wait for me!WHEEEEEEEEE! *flies after Igor*

*turns to Glory* So, a dragon, an orangutan, and two eldritch...things take a portal to the desert. This is starting to sound like the setup to a bad joke.
    I just really hope that Boffinspark doesn't blow up Equestia while I'm gone.

*Meanwhile*

The orb sustains all of the following, sans the fish, which strangly pass right through the magical barrier. Silent manages to snag a few broken fins and tails to add to the slowly-growing bone-mote, now slightly more solid thanks to a few more ounces or so of fish scales being added to it's frame.

Hmm, Nightcore was right. A heavy bass is a gift from the Nightmare. Why didn't I know that....
    Hmmm, clearly there is only one reasonable action I can take in this situation. UNLEASH THE CYBEARS! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    *portals open throughout CanterNot*

Spoiler
    Show

GRRRRRRAHHHHHHH!

AHAHA! LET'S SEE YOUR SHIELD PROTECT YOU FROM THAT!
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-12-12 at 02:31 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post

[[What level of repair is Canterlot at, anyway?]]
    [[Fully built minus whatever damages have been done in the latest fight. ]]
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #430

There was silence from the helmet for a minute or two, and then an almighty snort shook the pair of them. Silence once again, but then the mike exploded into a violent outburst. "Eeew! Cure, you got snot on the mike! Well, I'm sorry! I can't blow my nose with this helmet on! Then take it off! We're flying, what d'you want me to do? Turn off the jets, land, and find a tissue! I swear, you're the worst roommate ever! Remember, I have to watch that too!"

It was the same voice all the time, yet it argued back and forth like an old married couple. "But her story was so saaaad! What're you complaining about? You weren't there! Neither were you; you just flew over for a while; you didn't talk to anyone! How would you know? Cause you never stop yapping! Prance this, and Marexico that, and you never stop going on about fingers! What's a finger, can you tell me that? No! If they were so wonderful, Faust would have given them to us!"

......Weird. So, your not like, fused to that suit are you?

Because that would be nice-ish, I suppose, being safe inside that big metal shell, never having to worry about the condition of your hooves or making sure you do not tear yourself on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    *Throws formatting out the window, for a test run*

"Does the idea that we find you and your struggles to be essentially unimportant unnerve you, my little pony?" The darkness crooned.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but I find your entire cosmology, your worlds and their metaphysical planes, your whole Reality Shard to be endlessly amusing but not terribly important in and of itself. I am an outsider here, I come from an entirely different Reality Shard and that is what makes your quiet little world such a refreshing hiding place from prying eyes. Well, that and the massive ambiet high I'm on right now from all the exotic energy waves this place is irradiated with because of all those crazy orbital weapons you guys keep blasting into your atmosphere." The most of the shadow of a pony floated lazily about the room.

"No, really, I'm pretty much stoned off my hooves half the time. You have no freakin idea."

"Oh man, blood? Don't get me wrong, it's a classic. You just can't beat that stuff, but it's, like totally a sometimes food, you know? You ever seen an obese Vampire? It's a pretty pathetic sight. Besides, it's beginners stuff. Any two bit ghoul with a pair of pointy gnashers can have a nibble and stuff themselves with the red-stuff. You have to really be in tune with your gift to be able to get anything worthwhile out of more interesting things. Conceptual Vampirism is pretty damn swag, you know. You can't just go straight in for that. You've got to master the basics first. Blood is easy. The Blood is the Life. Next up you've got things like psychic vampirism, feeding directly on another ponies soul or just their mental energy. But you can refine that, take it to higher and more sustainable levels." The shadow gesticulated vaguely.

"Changelings? Don't make me laugh. They're sweet and all, but their whole bag is just a dim reflection of the same thing. You keep a Changeling hungry, you keep them from getting the love they crave and they're just funny looking Earth Ponies. You want to know something really depressing? I mean, their whole thing is pretty close to my technique of emotional-vampirism so I know a thing or two." The shadow paused, conspiritorially.

"For the level of energy expenditure the average changeling needs to power their magic, they could get most of the way their with a little bit of practice and the ability to love themselves. Changelings are a parasitic species because they are emotionally stunted. They just can't bring themselves to love themself for who they are, and they don't trust each other enough to believe in the love they might have for each other."

"They make great Vampires though, with a bit of training and a little emotional TLC and once you've worked through their difficulties and everyones had a good cry, they make amazing agents. You know, I met a Minotaur Vampire once. Guy was a complete mess, long story. I prefer to stick to equine and near-equine when recruiting, it's easier in the long-run." She trailed off.

"What were we talking about again? Man, I'm feeling peckish. You feeling peckish? Cause I'm totally feeling peckish. Oh yeah, undead tradition, yada yada yada. Undeath is no more meaningful than Life is and I've no more intention of paying attention to it's dictat. A vampire exists because it enjoys what Life, Undeath, Existence whatever you want to call it brings it. A Lich exists because they are not only afraid of death, they are afraid of life. There's nothing particularly noble or meaningful about either I'm afraid."
    Charnel slowly became more enraged as the vampire continued her speach, to the point that she was shaking before she mentioned the Minotaur. She was perfectly prepared to send the shadow-vampire somewhere in the general direction of the sun until she felt a presence coming into being in Canter-Not.

"Plane Shift"

A black unicorn, with a fireball cutiemark and a red mane, pops into existence in the sky over Canterlot, rapidly falling.

"Levitate"

He stops falling, coming to a stop in mid-air

"Huh, this isn't Celestia."

The unicorn looks around, and upon looking down, does a double take, and gives a shout.

"Why do I have hooves? Am I... a... horse?"
    "Mirror Image"

As several identical copies of him appear in the air around him, he take this opportunity to give himself a good look-over.

"I am in fact a unicorn. Why am I a unicorn? It must be some strange aspect of this plane. I had better undo this."

He levitates himself to the ground. Once his hooves are firmly on the ground, he casts "Dispel Magic", causing his copies to fade, and looks himself over again.

"Still equine. I'd better get out of here."

"Plane Shift"

Nothing happens

Charnel, nearly boiling over with rage, both literal and metaphoric in nature, pointed a shaky hoof at the arch-necromancer.

W-what is that? Did you not feel that! A...thing just jumped planes and arrived here, and it's something akin to you and the green cultist! What foul....you...GAHH! Curse you blighted beast! This is...

...this is all part of some game of yours, is it not? Torment the young filly who can consume souls with her fire?! Anger her with petty, careless words! The powers that be in the cosmos cannot be so....ignorent! No! This place is mine, vampire! This is my castle! This is my home! Canterlot....Equestria is MINE! MINE MINE MINE! BURN! BURN IN THE CHARNELHOUSE KNOWN AS EQUESTRIA, SHADE, AND SCREAM SWEET SYMPHONIES DEDICATED TO ME!

Spoiler
    Show

The mount Canterlot rested on suddenly began to glow, at least near it's roots. The most notible thing, to a outside observer, is that the castle as a whole was suddenly filled with flame that served as the only light in the now-smoky air. While ponies like Sera were not close enough to the castle, per say, to be harmed by the heat, it's evil nature burns not only the matter a thing is made of but it's very soul. The smoke chokes both the body and the spirit, while the fire proper blasts away the essance of a creature, the very thing that makes a thing make thoughts. While it's true the magical orb still stands, the smoke passes through it with no resistance.

Anyway, at least the smell of burning Canter-Not covers up the smell of burnt fish.

Not like it matters, truly. Most ponies above ground are either in a airship or can fly, and the underground, sans the now hellish area in the chamber Charnel now stands in, still remains the same semi-molten iron it was before. Yay?

"Meanwhile, Silent Night grows even more powerful, sucking in the smoke that would normaly have surrounded Sera to form a far more solid, albet now foal-sized, body"

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Ook, oook ook!
    *a portal opens up into the wilds of Camelshan*
    Ook. *hops through the portal*

Wait for me!WHEEEEEEEEE! *flies after Igor*

*turns to Glory* So, a dragon, an orangutan, and two eldritch...things take a portal to the desert. This is starting to sound like the setup to a bad joke.
    I just really hope that Boffinspark doesn't blow up Equestia while I'm gone.
    Glory takes the jump, and.....
    Spoiler
    Show

Huh, less....obliterated than I expected.

Drat, I have no idea where to look. If she-

twump.

Ow-hey-that-you get-wings-is that horn -is that blood on your-

Your alive!

Your not a chimerical abomination!

Er, is that....hello, Octi. Igor. Relgin? Or was it Relgan? Relgen? Anyway, dragonpony. Hello.

Hmmm, clearly there is only one reasonable action I can take in this situation. UNLEASH THE CYBEARS! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    *portals open throughout CanterNot*

Spoiler
    Show

GRRRRRRAHHHHHHH!

AHAHA! LET'S SEE YOUR SHIELD PROTECT YOU FROM THAT!
    The bear's could probably get inside Canter-Not's city limits, thanks to the lack of a orb of magic to stop them.

Now, if they can survive while the fire consumes there essance, that's another story.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Thinking Cap and Athena walk on, with Thinking Cap being noticeably cautious. After all the last strange light is what got him stuck here in the first place. However this time the strange light leads them to a vast underground crater with the light being gleaming light coming from strangely dark rainbow pools. The air is thick with energy and Athena might feel a power boost from the energy flowing through the chamber. Thinking Cap on the other hand just feels nauseous. I really don't feel good in this room. Lets just keep moving.
    "But look at all the pretty colors," she protested, trotting up gaily to the water and running a hoof through it. She giggled, and trotted back. "My hoof is a rainbow!"

......Weird. So, your not like, fused to that suit are you?

Because that would be nice-ish, I suppose, being safe inside that big metal shell, never having to worry about the condition of your hooves or making sure you do not tear yourself on something.
    The squabbling fell silent, leaving the air around them quiet save for the rumble of the jets beneath them. "Eeeeeh... not quite. I mean, the suit has a neural interface, and theoretically an artificial intelligence could be put inside it, but we're not fused to it. That kind of thing only happens in very rare situations."

"Or the latest issue of Steelhooves!"

"But that's a comic book, Cure. It's not real."

"Doesn't make it less fun!"

"We seem relatively safe, so..." A hiss of steam gushed from the seams of the helmet, and the painted-on war face folded into itself to reveal a grey colt's face. Steel blue eyes looked at the filly. "I'm Foundry Steel, like I said."

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Charnel slowly became more enraged as the vampire continued her speach, to the point that she was shaking before she mentioned the Minotaur. She was perfectly prepared to send the shadow-vampire somewhere in the general direction of the sun until she felt a presence coming into being in Canter-Not.

Charnel, nearly boiling over with rage, both literal and metaphoric in nature, pointed a shaky hoof at the arch-necromancer.

W-what is that? Did you not feel that! A...thing just jumped planes and arrived here, and it's something akin to you and the green cultist! What foul....you...GAHH! Curse you blighted beast! This is...

...this is all part of some game of yours, is it not? Torment the young filly who can consume souls with her fire?! Anger her with petty, careless words! The powers that be in the cosmos cannot be so....ignorent! No! This place is mine, vampire! This is my castle! This is my home! Canterlot....Equestria is MINE! MINE MINE MINE! BURN! BURN IN THE CHARNELHOUSE KNOWN AS EQUESTRIA, SHADE, AND SCREAM SWEET SYMPHONIES DEDICATED TO ME!

"...but none of my folks are cleared for plane-shifting right now, so that's not one of mine."

13. - Top - End - #433

Lightbulb Re: [PitP] Ponythread: The Roleplaying

"But look at all the pretty colors," she protested, trotting up gaily to the water and running a hoof through it. She giggled, and trotted back. "My hoof is a rainbow!"
    That might be either some misplaced rainbows or a experimental unholy-energy filled goop that was ment to power a ritual of unfathomable darkness.

Or it might be colored water. Anyway, she might want to check that she's not dribbling rainbow out of a new mouth she's grown on her hoof or something. Surely her father taught her not to play around with strange things that are owned by cultists?

The squabbling fell silent, leaving the air around them quiet save for the rumble of the jets beneath them. "Eeeeeh... not quite. I mean, the suit has a neural interface, and theoretically an artificial intelligence could be put inside it, but we're not fused to it. That kind of thing only happens in very rare situations."

"Or the latest issue of Steelhooves!"

"But that's a comic book, Cure. It's not real."

"Doesn't make it less fun!"

"We seem relatively safe, so..." A hiss of steam gushed from the seams of the helmet, and the painted-on war face folded into itself to reveal a grey colt's face. Steel blue eyes looked at the filly. "I'm Foundry Steel, like I said."

...So, voice in your suit. Also, you mentioned a Discord being your uncle.

You check out, I guess. I mean, there are worst relitives to have around this place. Come one, we can excape to the castles food storage area to snag some cookies before Charnel tantrums enough that the castles foundations become molten.

I probably won't miss her, but I would hate to see those reverse-enginered modified grenade nukes Silent had cooked up go off. I mean, sure, it would be a massive blast of half-molten iron and necromanticly infused bedrock that would scar the world for thousands of years and possibly cause rifts to other, fouler worlds to open up, but that's inevitable now thanks to little miss temper tantrum over there living up to her namesake.

There's a old Ursa den in the Everfree that Silent had stocked with a magicly inhanced panic room in case of something like this, we could probably survive the miles-deep explosion of magic mineral magma in there. I mean, it's airless, but I am sure that suit of yours can do something about that and I can tie your soul to the plane if it gets that out of hoof.

Let's grab some cookies. before that, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

"...but none of my folks are cleared for plane-shifting right now, so that's not one of mine."
    Charnel was still infuriated, but calmed down slightly, albet to a smoldering hatred.

"Kill it, then! Send it away, or whatever you overpowered excuse for a shadow does to things like yourself. You might want to check and see if it's not one of the main fleets, Princess, lest your little indulgent lifestyle gets you killed."
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-12-12 at 08:49 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Glory takes the jump, and.....
    Spoiler
    Show

Huh, less....obliterated than I expected.

Drat, I have no idea where to look. If she-

twump.

Ow-hey-that-you get-wings-is that horn -is that blood on your-

Your alive!

Your not a chimerical abomination!

Er, is that....hello, Octi. Igor. Relgin? Or was it Relgan? Relgen? Anyway, dragonpony. Hello.
    ...Hello, Nightcore. I see you're no longer a draconequus.

*Octy suddenly hug tackles Glory and Nightcore to the ground*
    Yaaaaay! Hug Party!

Ook ook?
    Last time we met she was trying to destroy Equestria, of course this is going to be awkward!

The bear's could probably get inside Canter-Not's city limits, thanks to the lack of a orb of magic to stop them.

Now, if they can survive while the fire consumes there essance, that's another story.
    Oh for the love of Celestia, how many times do I have to remind you ponies. I. Am. Married. To. A. Fire. Elemental. Princess. Of course my cybears have been rendered fire-proof!

Now, if you'll excuse me, somepony just set off my dimensional rift alarm, and I'd like to find out who they are before my cybears maul them.

Boffie? What about-?

We discussed this last night, dear. I believe we settled on Trigger Happy if it's a colt, Cleansing Fire if it's a filly.

Ah, I remember, nevermind.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

15. - Top - End - #435

...So, voice in your suit. Also, you mentioned a Discord being your uncle.

You check out, I guess. I mean, there are worst relitives to have around this place. Come one, we can excape to the castles food storage area to snag some cookies before Charnel tantrums enough that the castles foundations become molten.

I probably won't miss her, but I would hate to see those reverse-enginered modified grenade nukes Silent had cooked up go off. I mean, sure, it would be a massive blast of half-molten iron and necromanticly infused bedrock that would scar the world for thousands of years and possibly cause rifts to other, fouler worlds to open up, but that's inevitable now thanks to little miss temper tantrum over there living up to her namesake.

There's a old Ursa den in the Everfree that Silent had stocked with a magicly inhanced panic room in case of something like this, we could probably survive the miles-deep explosion of magic mineral magma in there. I mean, it's airless, but I am sure that suit of yours can do something about that and I can tie your soul to the plane if it gets that out of hoof.

Let's grab some cookies. before that, tho.
    Foundry's eyes flashed gold, and he emitted a childish giggle. "Silly filly, I'm not in the suit; I'm right here!" His eyes crossed and he tapped a hoof to his chin. "Though, I suppose that in a matter of speaking, we are in the suit, but I'm not in the suit in the suit, if you know what I mean."

Diving in closer to the top tower of Canternot, he smiled at the ghoul scout on his back. "I'm Curiosity, by the way. And Discord's not so much my actual uncle as an affectionate too-many-times removed uncle. Where are these cookies at?"

He blinked, and his eyes turned blue again. "You mentioned grenukes going off? Any idea when they'll explode?"

"Those are the lovely things that make such beautiful clouds, right?"

"And, one of the few things that might actually be able to kill us before we can regenerate."

"Ah, Death! Such a great adventure!"

"One that I'd rather not partake in just yet, please."

"Oh, come now; you'd think that after four hundred years together that you wouldn't mind!"

As the two voices squabbled, the airship's jets roared to life and began the arduous task of moving them away. So loud was the roar that only ponies already in the sky noticed the sixteen sleek black objects move into the airspace of Canternot; each bulky shape carried beneath it an angled apparatus covered with wire, as if some larger machine had been hacked apart and wired up to the drones.

16. - Top - End - #436

...Hello, Nightcore. I see you're no longer a draconequus.

*Octy suddenly hug tackles Glory and Nightcore to the ground*
    Yaaaaay! Hug Party!

Ook ook?
    Last time we met she was trying to destroy Equestria, of course this is going to be awkward!

Well, now that we are past that, I have to admit I was summoning a creature from a lamp. It had a balloon on it, so it looked interesting, and.....

Spoiler
    Show

...sure, it's a pink one entity, but Octi can eat that, right?
    Oh for the love of Celestia, how many times do I have to remind you ponies. I. Am. Married. To. A. Fire. Elemental. Princess. Of course my cybears have been rendered fire-proof!

Now, if you'll excuse me, somepony just set off my dimensional rift alarm, and I'd like to find out who they are before my cybears maul them.

Boffie? What about-?

We discussed this last night, dear. I believe we settled on Trigger Happy if it's a colt, Cleansing Fire if it's a filly.

Ah, I remember, nevermind.
    Silent takes his time, sucking out the souls of the bears and adding it to his own mass. Thankfuly, thanks to the smoke, Sera would have issues seeing his new, nearly wholy shadow body.
    Spoiler
    Show

Foundry's eyes flashed gold, and he emitted a childish giggle. "Silly filly, I'm not in the suit; I'm right here!" His eyes crossed and he tapped a hoof to his chin. "Though, I suppose that in a matter of speaking, we are in the suit, but I'm not in the suit in the suit, if you know what I mean."

Diving in closer to the top tower of Canternot, he smiled at the ghoul scout on his back. "I'm Curiosity, by the way. And Discord's not so much my actual uncle as an affectionate too-many-times removed uncle. Where are these cookies at?"

He blinked, and his eyes turned blue again. "You mentioned grenukes going off? Any idea when they'll explode?"

"Those are the lovely things that make such beautiful clouds, right?"

"And, one of the few things that might actually be able to kill us before we can regenerate."

"Ah, Death! Such a great adventure!"

"One that I'd rather not partake in just yet, please."

"Oh, come now; you'd think that after four hundred years together that you wouldn't mind!"
    ....The grenad-whatevers are sealed in some special vault inside the mount proper, and we probably only have a few more minutes before they are heated enough before they go off. I think, I dont think Silent knew what he was doing, pretty sure he was just pumping little glass jars to the rim with concentrated, votile magic of the vilest sort, but that hardly matters because at the moment I am turning into leather and there are cookies to consume! Lead on, my ironclad protector!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437

"A few minutes isn't much time to eat cookies," pouted Curiosity. "Tell me, do you know where this vault is? And could you point me to it?"

"Just stop," commanded Steel. "I know what you're thinking, and it won't work. Yes, if it's that mining tool Dive Bomb told us about, the ray could tunnel down to the vault and extract the hate to compress later, but we have no idea how much hate there is! We don't even know how they work!"

Their hooves clanked to the turf of Canterlot, and Curiosity shivered, holding on harder to the shard that was Steel. "I just wanted cookies," he sulked. "I wasn't thinking of doing anything like that."

"I'm glad."

"But it's a great idea! You should be proud!"

"NO!"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The mount Canterlot rested on suddenly began to glow, at least near it's roots. The most notible thing, to a outside observer, is that the castle as a whole was suddenly filled with flame that served as the only light in the now-smoky air. While ponies like Sera were not close enough to the castle, per say, to be harmed by the heat, it's evil nature burns not only the matter a thing is made of but it's very soul. The smoke chokes both the body and the spirit, while the fire proper blasts away the essance of a creature, the very thing that makes a thing make thoughts. While it's true the magical orb still stands, the smoke passes through it with no resistance.

Anyway, at least the smell of burning Canter-Not covers up the smell of burnt fish.

Not like it matters, truly. Most ponies above ground are either in a airship or can fly, and the underground, sans the now hellish area in the chamber Charnel now stands in, still remains the same semi-molten iron it was before. Yay?
    "Protection From Fire"
    "Fly"

Now temporarily immune, the Unicorn flies away from the flames.

When safely out of range, he looks back on the damage.

"I'm not sure what just happened, but I seem to have pissed off the locals. Par for the course when you're as powerful as I."

He laughs derisively.

"The Wielder of Ushuman is not so easily defeated! Speaking which, where is Ushuman? I had just a moment ago. A wizard without his staff is an angry wizard indeed."

He pauses, deep in contemplation for a moment.

"Ah! It would seem that my horn is in fact Ushuman itself. An unexpected turn of events. I wonder what else I've kept. Perhaps The Necklace of the Night Shadow?"

Another moment of contemplation.

"Alas, no. The only artifact I've kept is Ushuman. A pity, but I kept the others mostly as trophies anyways."

"NOW! I demand to know who dares attack Grand Archwizard Sorlaq! I will disintegrate you and feed your ashes to an elemental!"
    Last edited by ParagonOfApathy; 2012-12-13 at 06:16 AM.
    [Insert signature here]

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, now that we are past that, I have to admit I was summoning a creature from a lamp. It had a balloon on it, so it looked interesting, and.....

Spoiler
    Show

...sure, it's a pink one entity, but Octi can eat that, right?
    *Octy floats up to the...pink one...genie...thing*
    Hi! My name's Octy, what's yours?

Silent takes his time, sucking out the souls of the bears and adding it to his own mass. Thankfuly, thanks to the smoke, Sera would have issues seeing his new, nearly wholy shadow body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OH SWEET CELESTIA! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WHY OH WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING?
    MY CYBEARS HAVE SOULS!
    And if they have souls, that means they have free will. And if they have free will, that means the could rebel against me, and I didn't install perfect compliance software on that batch.
    Clearly, this calls for a calm and measured response.
    FIRE THE ARCANE DISRUPTOR CANNON!

Spoiler
    Show

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO RENEGADE CYBEARS ARE GOING TO MAUL THIS GENIUS!

Also that should probably solve the problem of my recently revived nemesis.

My Homebrew

Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Athena should feel a massive jolt of energy by touching the rainbow pools. She starts hearing whispers and can see shadowy figures moving about.

Thinking Cap on the other hand knows nothing about this. Princess please can we leave? I don't feel well and we still aren't safe yet. He pleads
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-12-13 at 03:54 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #441

"Okie dokie Loki!" giggled the filly. As she walked, her strides grew longer, as did the rest of her. "That's some pretty water, though; look at all the pretty shadows it makes!" She made faces as she hopped up onto the older stallion. "Onward!"

22. - Top - End - #442

"A few minutes isn't much time to eat cookies," pouted Curiosity. "Tell me, do you know where this vault is? And could you point me to it?"

"Just stop," commanded Steel. "I know what you're thinking, and it won't work. Yes, if it's that mining tool Dive Bomb told us about, the ray could tunnel down to the vault and extract the hate to compress later, but we have no idea how much hate there is! We don't even know how they work!"

Their hooves clanked to the turf of Canterlot, and Curiosity shivered, holding on harder to the shard that was Steel. "I just wanted cookies," he sulked. "I wasn't thinking of doing anything like that."

"I'm glad."

"But it's a great idea! You should be proud!"

"NO!"
    ...I dont know where it is, only that it's far deeper than where these caves go. Silent spent a week setting up the seals on the cursed thing before he caused Canter-Not to poof into existance. I do know where the panic-room is, however. And besides, it's probably molten down there now. We are doomed if we continue to stand here and talk for no reason.

"Protection From Fire"
    "Fly"

Now temporarily immune, the Unicorn flies away from the flames.

When safely out of range, he looks back on the damage.

"I'm not sure what just happened, but I seem to have pissed off the locals. Par for the course when you're as powerful as I."

He laughs derisively.

"The Wielder of Ushuman is not so easily defeated! Speaking which, where is Ushuman? I had just a moment ago. A wizard without his staff is an angry wizard indeed."

He pauses, deep in contemplation for a moment.

"Ah! It would seem that my horn is in fact Ushuman itself. An unexpected turn of events. I wonder what else I've kept. Perhaps The Necklace of the Night Shadow?"

Another moment of contemplation.

"Alas, no. The only artifact I've kept is Ushuman. A pity, but I kept the others mostly as trophies anyways."

"NOW! I demand to know who dares attack Grand Archwizard Sorlaq! I will disintegrate you and feed your ashes to an elemental!"
    Silent looked at the floating pony near the top of the castle. Idiot, probably a assassan or something.

He continues to merrely suck out the souls of the bears.

After all, all is going to plan.
    *Octy floats up to the...pink one...genie...thing*
    Hi! My name's Octy, what's yours?
    The creature, after being touched by Octi, unravels into a heap of glowing, solid sigels.

Huh, well, that's what happens wh-

Oh sweet Nightmare, does anyone feel that?!
    That feeling of dread that happens before one of our two respective bosses does something that might alter the world forever?

....Wait, Silent's not a mouse anymore?

OH SWEET CELESTIA! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WHY OH WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING?
    MY CYBEARS HAVE SOULS!
    And if they have souls, that means they have free will. And if they have free will, that means the could rebel against me, and I didn't install perfect compliance software on that batch.
    Clearly, this calls for a calm and measured response.
    FIRE THE ARCANE DISRUPTOR CANNON!

Spoiler
    Show

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO RENEGADE CYBEARS ARE GOING TO MAUL THIS GENIUS!

Also that should probably solve the problem of my recently revived nemesis.
    The beam kills the bears, yes, but does something...interesting to the general area of Canter-Not.

Because the bombs under the mountain go off. But there not bombs, per say, so much as negative-energy amplification devices.

Note that the smoke, fire, and Canter-Not in general is practicly soaked in negative energy.

While the crystal caves remain untouched, somehow, the surface becomes incredably bleak, for a wave of smoke-flame bubbles out from the flaming castle and pours down the mountainside in great, half boiling waves.

Bears die. Trees wither before they are even ignited. Fish, bear, pony, all are made equal in the black heat that covers the cinders that remain in Ponyville and stop only near the Everfree. The entire area for nearly a days travel around Canter-Not is smothered shadow and flames.

All is quiet for a few moments. Then a thing takes form, somewhat like a pony, made of red-hot iron, bone,shadow, and screaming souls.

And then, a voice was heard in the head of every sentinent on the planet,booming and powerful.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you, Boffenspark. I could have never have gathered enough powerful creatures to make this soul-harvest work properly.

I could have never have done it without you.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443

"NOW!" With that and a mash of a green hoof, the signal was sent, and the sixteen drones hovering above Canterlot exploded into an array of color. Eventually, the array settled into a gold ring, encircling... something. It looked almost as if it had swallowed the sky, and replaced it with a different one; purple stars danced next to green nebulae. The sky spun slowly, revealing more and more of the new starscape.

"And, dive." The green pegasus grinned as he manipulated the joystick on the box in front of him. Slowly, maintaining their double octagon, the drones began to descend. Another push of a button sent more things flying towards the strange mountain.

"Ooooh! That feels exquisite!" cried the spirit. "Don't you think so, Foundry? ...Foundry? Where'd you go, Foundry? If you don't speak up, I'll be quite cross with you!" He turned to look at the filly. "Well, I guess you know what this means! All the cookies we can eat!"

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

The creature, after being touched by Octi, unravels into a heap of glowing, solid sigels.

Huh, well, that's what happens wh-

Oh sweet Nightmare, does anyone feel that?!
    That feeling of dread that happens before one of our two respective bosses does something that might alter the world forever?

....Wait, Silent's not a mouse anymore?
    Huh, oh, you mean the "Boffinspark is about to do something that might destroy the world as we know it" feeling? Honestly, I've learned to just ignore it at this point.

Ook!

I don't hear you offering to take lunatic watch duty.

The beam kills the bears, yes, but does something...interesting to the general area of Canter-Not.

Because the bombs under the mountain go off. But there not bombs, per say, so much as negative-energy amplification devices.

Note that the smoke, fire, and Canter-Not in general is practicly soaked in negative energy.

While the crystal caves remain untouched, somehow, the surface becomes incredably bleak, for a wave of smoke-flame bubbles out from the flaming castle and pours down the mountainside in great, half boiling waves.

Bears die. Trees wither before they are even ignited. Fish, bear, pony, all are made equal in the black heat that covers the cinders that remain in Ponyville and stop only near the Everfree. The entire area for nearly a days travel around Canter-Not is smothered shadow and flames.

All is quiet for a few moments. Then a thing takes form, somewhat like a pony, made of red-hot iron, bone,shadow, and screaming souls.

And then, a voice was heard in the head of every sentinent on the planet,booming and powerful.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you, Boffenspark. I could have never have gathered enough powerful creatures to make this soul-harvest work properly.

I could have never have done it without you.
    Well, that went about as well as could be expected. Time to go to phase 2.

*a mountain-sized portal opens up over the ruins of CanterNot*

Spoiler
    Show

SKREEEEEEEE-GAHHHHHHHHH!

Ah, there's nothing quite as enjoyable as unleashing a giant monster upon your enemies. And I created this particular giant monster especially for you, Silent Night. Now, right now I'm sure you're saying to yourself "Ho hum, that's just another run-of-the-mill atomic monster, it can't possibly defeat Silent Night." Well, you know what I have to say to that, you neighsayers you?

FOALS! FOR THIS TITAN OF WATERY MIGHT IS COMPOSED OF PURE ELEMENTAL HOLY WATER! WATCH AS IT DROWNS THE VERY ESSENCE OF MY PUTRID FOE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*the necrotic flames consuming CanterNot and the surrounding area sputter and die as Boffinspark's latest monster descends*

My Homebrew

Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

The metallic eye flies by the floating unicorn, diss appearing around the side of the mountain. A brief moment later, an armored airship appears from around the same ridge. It approaches the pony, and a flat, metallic voice cuts through the chaos.

"This area is unsafe. Immediate evacuation is recommended." As it speaks, a hatch on the side is opened invitingly.

26. - Top - End - #446

"NOW!" With that and a mash of a green hoof, the signal was sent, and the sixteen drones hovering above Canterlot exploded into an array of color. Eventually, the array settled into a gold ring, encircling... something. It looked almost as if it had swallowed the sky, and replaced it with a different one; purple stars danced next to green nebulae. The sky spun slowly, revealing more and more of the new starscape.

"And, dive." The green pegasus grinned as he manipulated the joystick on the box in front of him. Slowly, maintaining their double octagon, the drones began to descend. Another push of a button sent more things flying towards the strange mountain.

Whaaa-

Ah, Boffensparks toys! Hah! Ahahahahaha!

At this, Silent opened his cavern-like mouth. Shadows in the shape of bats, given mass with crystal edges and bony talons, swarm out to distroy the drones.

"Ooooh! That feels exquisite!" cried the spirit. "Don't you think so, Foundry? ...Foundry? Where'd you go, Foundry? If you don't speak up, I'll be quite cross with you!" He turned to look at the filly. "Well, I guess you know what this means! All the cookies we can eat!"
    Daisy could not here him. Nor did she want to. She felt...so good right now. There's enough necromantic energy pumping throught the caves to the point that her head had mostly regrown and she felt...light and free. She began to hum a happy little diddy, which gave off the impression of a foal who found some special herbs outside and nibbled on them.

Huh, oh, you mean the "Boffinspark is about to do something that might destroy the world as we know it" feeling? Honestly, I've learned to just ignore it at this point.

Ook!

I don't hear you offering to take lunatic watch duty.

...What now? No, realy, what?

Huh?

What are we going to do?

I say we do what we do every night!

...Glory, we are in public.

I mean enjoy ourselves! Gosh!

...Now? But, if your willing to do that in the middle of a market, why not-

I mean with our friends!

....I kind of expected the dragon, and I am not realy suprised with Octi, but the mon-

Ape!

...Ape. Realy? In the middle of the town?

Ugg, I need a drink.

If you realy want to do this, I am going to need one beforhoof,too.

Well, that went about as well as could be expected. Time to go to phase 2.

*a mountain-sized portal opens up over the ruins of CanterNot*

Spoiler
    Show

SKREEEEEEEE-GAHHHHHHHHH!

Ah, there's nothing quite as enjoyable as unleashing a giant monster upon your enemies. And I created this particular giant monster especially for you, Silent Night. Now, right now I'm sure you're saying to yourself "Ho hum, that's just another run-of-the-mill atomic monster, it can't possibly defeat Silent Night." Well, you know what I have to say to that, you neighsayers you?

FOALS! FOR THIS TITAN OF WATERY MIGHT IS COMPOSED OF PURE ELEMENTAL HOLY WATER! WATCH AS IT DROWNS THE VERY ESSENCE OF MY PUTRID FOE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*the necrotic flames consuming CanterNot and the surrounding area sputter and die as Boffinspark's latest monster descends*
    ....Cute. However, fool, you forgot something.

"The creature freezes, and shatters. The shards turn to steam before they hit the ground"

As one could create heat to cause fires, one can remove it to freeze things. Like water.

"The ground bursts into flames, and Silent turns his monolithic head to the airship nearby. He shoos away the lazy star-dragon as well. Good for nothing summons."
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-12-14 at 12:12 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

Whaaa-

At this, Silent opened his cavern-like mouth. Shadows in the shape of bats, given mass with crystal edges and bony talons, swarm out to destroy the drones.
    "Incoming, take into account firing time and vectors..." murmured Dive Bomb, waggling the stick loosely and mashing the red button.

Back in Canterlot, two of the drones silently turned in their orbits, and black orbs formed at their tips. Silent tubes of nothingness swirled into the orbs, taking the bats with them.

"Do I wish to save these contents? Sure, why not? They've been sterilized, and it would be interesting to see what I could do with shadow."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    The metallic eye flies by the floating unicorn, diss appearing around the side of the mountain. A brief moment later, an armored airship appears from around the same ridge. It approaches the pony, and a flat, metallic voice cuts through the chaos.

"This area is unsafe. Immediate evacuation is recommended." As it speaks, a hatch on the side is opened invitingly.
    "Perhaps you are right."

The unicorn flies over the the airship, and after a brief look inside, he floats into the hatch.

"I'm not from around here, and while rearranging geography in an attempt to assassinate me is flattering, I'd rather talk than fight."
    [Insert signature here]

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

"Perhaps you are right."

The unicorn flies over the the airship, and after a brief look inside, he floats into the hatch.

"I'm not from around here, and while rearranging geography in an attempt to assassinate me is flattering, I'd rather talk than fight."
    Inside the airship, the hatch leads to the main chamber. There are about 30 ponies grouped in the center, obviously tired and afraid. Around them are a number of pony-shaped robotic soldiers of slightly differing designs, all of which are standing unresponsive along the edges of the chamber.

Another robotic pony enters the chamber from the front of the ship. "It is unlikely that these events are intended for you, specifically. There is an ongoing conflict between several powerful factions here, and this appears to be a continuation of that conflict.

"You may refer to me as Tinsel. I have taken responsibility for protecting the civilians in this war. I am bringing these refugees to a secure location. You are welcome to join them."

As the robot introduces itself, the hatch closes and the airship turns to fly away.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Whaaa-

At this, Silent opened his cavern-like mouth. Shadows in the shape of bats, given mass with crystal edges and bony talons, swarm out to distroy the drones.
    WHAT!? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DIVE BOMB'S MACHINES AND MY ELEGANT ROBOTS? YOU...YOU...TASTELESS UNDEAD CRETIN!
    Allow me to enlighten you. The drones you're currently...belching on; produced by Dive Bomb. The squad of robot mares that have just portaled in behind you and are about to blast you with the power of friendship;

Spoiler
    Show

Those were produced by yours truly.

...What now? No, realy, what?

Huh?

What are we going to do?

I say we do what we do every night!

...Glory, we are in public.

I mean enjoy ourselves! Gosh!

...Now? But, if your willing to do that in the middle of a market, why not-

I mean with our friends!

....I kind of expected the dragon, and I am not realy suprised with Octi, but the mon-
    *Igor looks up and pulls out his mallet*

Ape!
    Ook. *puts his mallet away*

...Ape. Realy? In the middle of the town?

Ugg, I need a drink.

If you realy want to do this, I am going to need one beforhoof,too.
    Well, this conversation has certainly taken an interesting turn.

Ook ook oook.

Oh, like you have room to criticize? One word, ape, "Squidaloos".

...ook.

....Cute. However, fool, you forgot something.

"The creature freezes, and shatters. The shards turn to steam before they hit the ground"

As one could create heat to cause fires, one can remove it to freeze things. Like water.

"The ground bursts into flames, and Silent turns his monolithic head to the airship nearby. He shoos away the lazy star-dragon as well. Good for nothing summons."
    Well, now what are you going to do?
    Boffie?

...three...two...one...

*the flames on the ground abruptly go out as hundreds of shards of ice propel themselves upwards, piercing through Silent Night as they coalesce back into their original form above his head*

SKRREEEEE-GHAHHHH!

Silly zombie, you didn't actually think it would be that easy, did you?

My Homebrew

Show