New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "Huh? me?"

he asks, raising his head from distraction

"Uh... 14, why?"
    The man sneers at Luka.

"You're the only kid wearing a blue bucket for a helmet in this hellhole. So yes, you."

He tilts his head to one side and raises an eyebrow.

"What sort of business would a kid have doing here?"
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by Time for Never View Post
    The man sneers at Luka.

"You're the only kid wearing a blue bucket for a helmet in this hellhole. So yes, you."

He tilts his head to one side and raises an eyebrow.

"What sort of business would a kid have doing here?"
    He doesn't really respond to the sneer
    "Uh...I just wandered around and got here, why?"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Well! Naku's back!

Amidst a cacophony of noises that decided that right about now would be the perfect time to interrupt anything going on in the DFI, Naku made her grand re-entrance.

The most pervasive of the noises would be the gunfire. Lots of gunfire; though oddly muted. Following that, an inhuman shrieking noise, as well as Naku screaming some truly, truly unladylike things.

A few seconds after the noise becomes, well, noisy; the source finally comes into view!
    It's definitely Naku--as her wildly flying purple hair will vouch for--but she's kneeling on a large, humanoid dog-like thing, and is busy pulling the trigger of the machine-gun she has shoved down its throat.
    A second after that, they fell onto the floor with a loud crack. The teleport had put them about 5 feet up.
    "**** you, you walking sack of sh-People." She says as she rips her rifle out of the beasts' mouth, stands up, and finally notices where she is.

The intervening time has not been kind to her; her clothes--she had managed to find a new set somewhere--were mostly burnt and clawed up. Whatever the color of her shirt had been, it found itself stained with enough blood that it eventually gave up and just turned red.
    Shirts were silly that way.
    Naku's trademarked, pristine, floor length hair was matted with blood, and had attracted enough dirt that it was nearly useable as a weapon in its own right. Her face had somehow avoided most of the dirt, though it, her chin, and her neck were coated with still-fresh blood. Only from about the nose and down, however. How very odd.
    At Naku's appearance, the always.... resourceful...Captain Clegg moves over to her. He's....quite a figure. He walks with a crutch that used to be composed of sleek ebony wood. Now, there's a piece chipped off, the handle is slightly dented, and the crutch has odd brownish, rust-colored stains. He wears a long navy coat, now ripped up at the bottom, several bullet holes in the back of the long coat. He wears his wide-brimmed, ripped officers hat. He has a brown-grey messy beard, that matches his long grey hair. His left leg is wooden, and clunks as he walks. He wears ripped up gloves, and black trousers. He has some kind of leather armor underneath the coat. He moves to sit as best he can at the bar.

He has a sword at his waist, and on the rusted gold hilt is the two letters. "C.T." He opens wide his long, barnacled, and crusty coat. Wel', 'ello, melady. Care t' buy a blade? His coat opens to reveal three rows of shimmering weapons, hanging on his coat. The majority are magical, and sleek daggers, six in all, but he has two longer blades; a scimitar, and a rapier. He also carries one large black blade on his left hip sheath. He's loaded with weaponry.

4. - Top - End - #454

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    At Naku's appearance, the always.... resourceful...Captain Clegg moves over to her. He's....quite a figure. He walks with a crutch that used to be composed of sleek ebony wood. Now, there's a piece chipped off, the handle is slightly dented, and the crutch has odd brownish, rust-colored stains. He wears a long navy coat, now ripped up at the bottom, several bullet holes in the back of the long coat. He wears his wide-brimmed, ripped officers hat. He has a brown-grey messy beard, that matches his long grey hair. His left leg is wooden, and clunks as he walks. He wears ripped up gloves, and black trousers. He has some kind of leather armor underneath the coat. He moves to sit as best he can at the bar.

He has a sword at his waist, and on the rusted gold hilt is the two letters. "C.T." He opens wide his long, barnacled, and crusty coat. Wel', 'ello, melady. Care t' buy a blade? His coat opens to reveal three rows of shimmering weapons, hanging on his coat. The majority are magical, and sleek daggers, six in all, but he has two longer blades; a scimitar, and a rapier. He also carries one large black blade on his left hip sheath. He's loaded with weaponry.
    With a quiet whistling, followed by a truly loud crack, Naku's sword comes falling out of the still-open portal. It lands point first into the chest of the dead werewolf, and buries itself through to the floor.

"Hmm, what?" Naku asks tiredly, reaching up to wipe some of the blood off her face. She gives that up quickly, as she was only really smearing it.
    With a resigned sigh that she was just going to have to end up taking a bath later, Naku turned around slowly, and ripped her sword out of the twitching werewolf with a fairly sickening crunch.

". . . what?" She asks again, turning back to Clegg.
    She looks ridiculously tired. And bloody.
    Lots of blood. To the extent that it could be asked honestly if she had actually been bathing in it.
    And most all of it is still fresh to within a few hours.

Oh, and the portal's shut now.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

He doesn't really respond to the sneer
    "Uh...I just wandered around and got here, why?"
    ((I shouldn't have any more delays from posting for a while, so hopefully I can respond quicker from now on.))

"You're too young to be playing knight. It's not too late, you can always become a merchant or a tailor."

The man doesn't have any hint of malice in his voice nor disdain on his tongue. He's simply stating what he sees.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2012-12-29 at 08:21 PM.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

6. - Top - End - #456

((I shouldn't have any more delays from posting from a while, so hopefully I can respond quicker from now on.))

"You're too young to be playing knight. It's not too early, you can always become a merchant or a tailor."

The man doesn't have any hint of malice in his voice nor disdain on his tongue. He's simply stating what he sees.
    The crusader wouldn't exactly seem to be mad after the man finishes.
    "I'm not exactly playing, I've been training to be a crusader and honestly, I like it"
    The tone would make him seem like he's really ok with being one.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

The crusader wouldn't exactly seem to be mad after the man finishes.
    "I'm not exactly playing, I've been training to be a crusader and honestly, I like it"
    The tone would make him seem like he's really ok with being one.
    "And what do you mean by a 'crusader'? Slaying 'heretics'? Looking for holy grails and such?"

Nexus FFRP Characters

8. - Top - End - #458

"And what do you mean by a 'crusader'? Slaying 'heretics'? Looking for holy grails and such?"
    "It's more wandering around doing things, like a knight-errant or something, I think.... It's just the position I'm given"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Pixie in the Playground

"It's more wandering around doing things, like a knight-errant or something, I think.... It's just the position I'm given"
    "Ah, and I suppose that this is meant to be for the greater good? A constant battle of virtuous and evil and other nonsensical musings? Why did you choose to become a crusader?"

The Shadar-kai appears to be amused by the conversation.

Nexus FFRP Characters

10. - Top - End - #460

"Ah, and I suppose that this is meant to be for the greater good? A constant battle of virtuous and evil and other nonsensical musings? Why did you choose to become a crusader?"

The Shadar-kai appears to be amused by the conversation.
    "to me those things are kinda some of the most important, if not the most or something like that"

He briefly shrugged

"Kind of a long story, but to make it simpler, I was a squire in training with a knight, and liked it."
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-12-29 at 09:41 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

The front door swings open and a leggy redhead in red leather saunters in.

She flips her hair, revealing the telltale ears of a half elf, those who notice immediately wonder what exactly the other half of her is, considering that she's nearly thirteen feet tall.

She finds a sufficiently large barstool and takes a seat at the bar, she takes a small gem and slides it to the bartender.

A firkin of Thunder Ale, some pork chops and the biggest room you have.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fade the barkeeper around here, looking not impressed or showing any other emotions.

"Each room has the same size."

He takes the gem and hands over the drink, while the meal will be served by the cook. She should just hope the cook is available.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you.

Sorry if I was a bit loud there, still getting used to things.

Felandria takes a sip of the ale and turns around to take in her surroundings.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2012-12-30 at 12:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464

Fade looks up at her still no emotions either in his face or voice.

"Getting used to things? Are you a newborn?"

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

Nah, I've only been giant a short time.

I never knew my father until recently, I activated this gate and it awakened my true bloodline.

Turns out I'm half storm giant, hell, I'm still getting bigger, I'm 22 and from what I understand, full storm giants don't reach physical maturity till at least 50.

Least that's what Dad tells me.

The room should fit me, though, right?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

A small brown-skinned goblin rides into the inn on the back of a big grey wolf. Man, it's been years since he last saw this place. He stopped here right after he arrived in the Nexus. Met a snooty human noble and saw a guy crash through the roof. Those were the days. For now, he dismounts and walks towards the bar, the wolf following closely.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Pixie in the Playground

"to me those things are kinda some of the most important, if not the most or something like that"

He briefly shrugged
    "Important? Just the opposite...worthless," retorts the Shadar-Kai.

Seemingly bored now with the teenager, he turns to head for the door. He pulls an orb out of his pocket and begins to roll it around in his hand. Deciding against doing... that... he puts in back in one of his packs.

"Kind of a long story, but to make it simpler, I was a squire in training with a knight, and liked it."
    "I'm not here to berate you however. I'll leave you to your childish quests."

Nexus FFRP Characters

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post

I never knew my father until recently, I activated this gate and it awakened my true bloodline.

Turns out I'm half storm giant, hell, I'm still getting bigger, I'm 22 and from what I understand, full storm giants don't reach physical maturity till at least 50.

"It should do it, unless you grow during your sleep." Fade replies.

Then he turns to the newcomer goblin.

"What can I bring you?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-12-30 at 03:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469

"Important? Just the opposite...worthless," retorts the Shadar-Kai.

Seemingly bored now with the teenager, he turns to head for the door. He pulls an orb out of his pocket and begins to roll it around in his hand. Deciding against doing... that... he puts in back in one of his packs.

"I'm not here to berate you however. I'll leave you to your childish quests."
    He just shrugs
    "for me it's exactly the opposite of that, and whatever if it's childish...."
    That kind of actually annoyed him, but he didn't show that much anger, or restrained himself from.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-12-30 at 03:54 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Pixie in the Playground

He just shrugs
    "for me it's exactly the opposite of that, and whatever if it's childish...."
    That kind of actually annoyed him, but he didn't show that much anger, or restrained himself from.
    If he had heard him, the stranger didn't show it. Instead he brushes past the goblin/wolf duo and makes to leave unless stopped.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-01-01 at 12:47 PM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

21. - Top - End - #471

"The room will be fine," Naku says, finally coming out of deadtime in the middle of a conversation, "so long as you take one of the four rooms towards the end of the hallway, it will accommodate you, no matter how much you decide to grow in your sleep. Getting out might be fun, but you won't break the room."

Then she turns her head to look at the wolf/goblin duo, and tells them "Order from him, please." as she points at Fade, "I need to bathe."

It's true.
    It looks like she was splashing around in a bath full of blood. Her shirt, whatever color it had formerly been, is dark red. Her face from about her nose down is coated in blood, and her hair is a complete and utter mess.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

"One rogues' rum for me," Dipsnig says. His wolf sits behind him obediently. The goblin mercenary makes no remark about Naku's look for now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

"The room will be fine," Naku says, finally coming out of deadtime in the middle of a conversation, "so long as you take one of the four rooms towards the end of the hallway, it will accommodate you, no matter how much you decide to grow in your sleep. Getting out might be fun, but you won't break the room."

Then she turns her head to look at the wolf/goblin duo, and tells them "Order from him, please." as she points at Fade, "I need to bathe."

It's true.
    It looks like she was splashing around in a bath full of blood. Her shirt, whatever color it had formerly been, is dark red. Her face from about her nose down is coated in blood, and her hair is a complete and utter mess.

Thank you very much.

I think I'll take the meal in my room, I've been traveling for days on foot and I want to get settled in..

Times like this I'm really glad for what's happened to me, I'd still be deep in the woods at my old size.

Felandria stands up and takes the firkin with her as she heads towards the room, but she stops and turns to Naku.

If you need any help with whatever or whoever did that to you, let me know.

She smiles and heads upstairs.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #474

The door opens as it often does, and the person who walks through isn't special in anyway. He's a human male dressed in jeans and a long brown coat, and he's shivering from the cold outside. Aiden takes a seat at a table, and tries to warm himself a little.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

Wandering in shortly after the man - the door did open often, after all - was a woman in her late twenties. She seemed unaffected by the cold, despite wearing light clothes. She pushed up her wide-rimmed, pointy hat to get a good look around the tavern and paused at all the blood on Naku.
    "...I must be at the wrong Inn. The Dancing Fox I'd heard of is supposed to have rules against violence or something..."

HALOです。

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    The door opens as it often does, and the person who walks through isn't special in anyway. He's a human male dressed in jeans and a long brown coat, and he's shivering from the cold outside. Aiden takes a seat at a table, and tries to warm himself a little.
    "Feel free to move next to the fireplace," Naku says, waving a hand over in the direction of said fireplace, when she sees the man shivering.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    Wandering in shortly after the man - the door did open often, after all - was a woman in her late twenties. She seemed unaffected by the cold, despite wearing light clothes. She pushed up her wide-rimmed, pointy hat to get a good look around the tavern and paused at all the blood on Naku.
    "...I must be at the wrong Inn. The Dancing Fox I'd heard of is supposed to have rules against violence or something..."
    "Oh nono. Right place. I was just . . .

. . .

Outside."
    She says, somewhat lamely after having to think about it for a moment.
    "Feel free to take a seat by the fire as well, if you want. 'll be back to take everyone's orders after a bath."
    With that, Naku heads to the stairs. She could always be stopped, though.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

"Feel free to move next to the fireplace," Naku says, waving a hand over in the direction of said fireplace, when she sees the man shivering.

. . .

Outside."
    "Feel free to take a seat by the fire as well, if you want. 'll be back to take everyone's orders after a bath."
    Felandria comes down the stairs.

Forgot the key.

She sees Naku again.

Seriously, miss, if something's bothering you, please let me know.

Felandria walks back to the bar and hands over a large flask.

I'm feeling dangerous, fill it with Dragon's Liver Buster, if you would, sir.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

28. - Top - End - #478

Felandria comes down the stairs.

Forgot the key.

She sees Naku again.

Seriously, miss, if something's bothering you, please let me know.

Felandria walks back to the bar and hands over a large flask.

I'm feeling dangerous, fill it with Dragon's Liver Buster, if you would, sir.
    Naku shakes her head once at the comment, and informed Felandria that "It's all right. Anyone who was bothering me isn't exactly around to bother me any more." She says with a slight smirk, running a bloody hand through her hair, which serves only to make it clump more. But whatever.

"But no, so long as you're in my inn," odd emphasis on the possessive there, "if you need anything, just come talk to me; not the other way around."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479

Aiden looks at Naku before nodding and standing up. "Thanks. It's really cold out there, shocking as that is." He moves to the fireplace to warm himself.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

. . .
    Outside."
    The woman scrunched up her face at mention of the fireplace. She rather disliked warmth, but resumed a more polite demeanor and thanked Naku for the offer anyway. "Before you go - if you don't mind - how much is a room here?"

HALOです。