New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Aiden sighs after a few more moments of sitting and walks over to the bar. Might as well get it over with. "Excuse me, are you the owner? I've got a request that you probably won't like," he says to Naku.

2. - Top - End - #542

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden sighs after a few more moments of sitting and walks over to the bar. Might as well get it over with. "Excuse me, are you the owner? I've got a request that you probably won't like," he says to Naku.
    "Yeaaah, what can I do for you?" Naku asks, coming back from putting in the slip to the kitchen of 'Make Nachos'.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #543

"Okay, I'd like to ask for a room and some hot tea." Aiden pauses before continuing. "Catch is, I have no money and I'm not sure how else I can pay."

4. - Top - End - #544

"Okay, I'd like to ask for a room and some hot tea." Aiden pauses before continuing. "Catch is, I have no money and I'm not sure how else I can pay."
    "Oh, is that all?" Naku asks with a deep, rich laugh.
    "Yeah, that's perfectly fine. If all else fails, you can wash dishes for a bit to work it off; I refuse to just let people go hungry and cold.
    I thought you were here to demand protection money or something."
    She admits with a grin.
    "But yeah, I can get you some tea. What would you like? And you're welcome to any of the empty rooms."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #545

Aiden blinks in surprise. "Okay, this place is officially better than literally every other inn I've ever been kicked out of. Some green tea would be great." He sits at a barstool, managing a grin. "You really thought I was going to demand money? I'm a starving author. not exactly intimidating."

6. - Top - End - #546

Aiden blinks in surprise. "Okay, this place is officially better than literally every other inn I've ever been kicked out of. Some green tea would be great." He sits at a barstool, managing a grin. "You really thought I was going to demand money? I'm a starving author. not exactly intimidating."
    Naku shrugs slightly, grinning, "I dunno, I've been shaken down by stranger."
    With that fun little comment, Naku knelt again to pull out some tea leaves, and a cup that she quickly fills with some water.
    "So you can begin your payment in stories; what brings you here?"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #547

Aiden shrugs. "It's cold and snowy and dark outside, so I walked into the place with its lights on. Or did you want something more complete? Maybe how I got into the Nexus?"

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

He sits at a barstool, managing a grin. "You really thought I was going to demand money? I'm a starving author. not exactly intimidating."
    Vo, temporally putting her conversation with Sorrow to the side until he undeadtimed, flicked a gloved finger and her bar stool sliiiiid down next to Aiden's. She held onto her floppy hat to keep it from going anywhere, just in case, and hoped it wouldn't be too rude to come over and make him have two conversations at once.
    "You're an author?" she asked, "what do you write?"

HALOです。

9. - Top - End - #549
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku just shakes her head at this; that wasn't what was getting at her.
    What was getting at her was why she had been bloody. Which is a story she will probably never tell anyone.

"Yeah, of course." Naku says, and kneels to pull the drink mixes out from under the bar.
    "The chips'll be just a minute." Naku informs her as she mixes up the drink for her, before handing it across the bar.
    Fade just shrugs as well. As we know he can't find out what bothers her and still assumes it's the show off of her beeing a vampire.

"Oh your husband head for your room. Looked sad I think."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #550

Aiden shrugs. "It's cold and snowy and dark outside, so I walked into the place with its lights on. Or did you want something more complete? Maybe how I got into the Nexus?"
    Naku shrugs slightly. "However much you're willing to share. I love stories, but I'm never going to force you into telling one.

More complete would be niiiice, though."

She says with a slight wink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Fade just shrugs as well. As we know he can't find out what bothers her and still assumes it's the show off of her beeing a vampire.

"Oh your husband head for your room. Looked sad I think."
    But then Naku's caught short by this.
    ". . . who? I'm not married."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #551

Aiden turns his head to Vo. "Well, I prefer writing novels and short stories. But I pretty much write what puts food on my plate. I was writing screen plays before that fell through."

And then to Naku, "More complete it is, then. Still not that riveting, though.

"I can't say I know how I got in the Nexus. One moment I was in my dingy apartment working on a book, next I was in some empty building that disappeared the second I left it. I asked around and learned that not only was I not in Chicago anymore, I wasn't even on Earth. I tried to do some odd jobs to get some cash, but people want adventurers and I am not an adventurer. I thought I had a decent gig with a theater for a while, but nothing came out of that. So I was back out on the cold streets just after that weird holiday - Thanksmas, I think it's called. And that's pretty much it until I came here."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2013-01-03 at 06:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #552

The crusader would notice Naku nearby

"Weren't you covered in red just a while ago?"

He asks, tilting his head, then...

"Wait... that was...."

He asks, suddenly sligthly cautious.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-03 at 10:10 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553

Aiden turns his head to Vo. "Well, I prefer writing novels and short stories. But I pretty much write what puts food on my plate. I was writing screen plays before that fell through."

And then to Naku, "More complete it is, then. Still not that riveting, though.

"I can't say I know how I got in the Nexus. One moment I was in my dingy apartment working on a book, next I was in some empty building that disappeared the second I left it. I asked around and learned that not only was I not in Chicago anymore, I wasn't even on Earth. I tried to do some odd jobs to get some cash, but people want adventurers and I am not an adventurer. I thought I had a decent gig with a theater for a while, but nothing came out of that. So I was back out on the cold streets just after that weird holiday - Thanksmas, I think it's called. And that's pretty much it until I came here."
    "Maybe not the most riveting; but still a new story. Thank you for sharing.
    So since you've arrived here from that . . . 'Chicago' place, you've had no where to stay?"

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    The crusader would notice Naku nearby

"Weren't you covered in red just a while ago?"

He asks, tilting his head, then...

"Wait... that was...."

He asks, suddenly sligthly cautious.
    "Blood? Yeah. But don't worry; very little of it was mine." Naku informs him with a nice, friendly smile that shows off her vampire fangs.
    She seems quite . . . cheerful about it.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554

Aiden shakes his head. "Unless you count the occasional lovely snow-covered back alley in the Red Zone, no. I haven't had anywhere to stay." He shrugs.

15. - Top - End - #555

"Blood? Yeah. But don't worry; very little of it was mine." Naku informs him with a nice, friendly smile that shows off her vampire fangs.
    She seems quite . . . cheerful about it.
    "Wait what?"
    He kind of shifts from where he's sitting, suspicious, also fangs.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-03 at 11:12 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556

Aiden shakes his head. "Unless you count the occasional lovely snow-covered back alley in the Red Zone, no. I haven't had anywhere to stay." He shrugs.
    "Then you're more than welcome to stay here as long as you need, until you can find a place of your own.
    Feel free to save your money until you can find a place of your own, rent can be . . . negligible."
    Well, that and the fairly huge donation a church gave the DFI a few years back says that they could get away with charging nothing for anything and still pull out a profit for at least another 3 years.
    "Once you're set on your own, then we can talk about debt; but until then just stay here, stay warm, and don't starve."

"Wait what?"
    He kind of shifts from where he's sitting, suspicious, also fangs.
    "Wait what what?" Naku asks, turning to look at him with a raised eyebrow.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557

Well, that kind of offer comes as a bit of a shocker to Aiden. He's never dealt with that kind of generosity before, especially not in his home world. But he doesn't let his stunned expression remain for long. "...What's the catch."

18. - Top - End - #558

"Wait what what?" Naku asks, turning to look at him with a raised eyebrow.
    "you just mentioned that very little of it was yours, so... where's the rest from?.... You didn't take it, did you?"
    His voice shows kind of suspicion
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559

Well, that kind of offer comes as a bit of a shocker to Aiden. He's never dealt with that kind of generosity before, especially not in his home world. But he doesn't let his stunned expression remain for long. "...What's the catch."
    "Well," Naku stutters, slightly taken aback by the amount of shock in his voice/expression, "I might ask for more stories, if you have any; and might ask you to wash dishes now and again, but that was about it.

Do you want it to have a catch?"

"you just mentioned that very little of it was yours, so... where's the rest from?.... You didn't take it, did you?"
    His voice shows kind of suspicion
    Naku shrugs slightly.
    "Other people that weren't me?" Well, Naku. That is in fact where it was from. But that didn't answer the question.
    "Well. I did make it leave their bodies, and that was completely my fault. So I guess I did take it from them?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560

"Hey, I'm not complaining, or anything," Aiden says, raising his hands a little. "You just happen to be the first person I've ever met who's willing to give a lot and not expect much in return."

21. - Top - End - #561

Naku shrugs slightly.
    "Other people that weren't me?" Well, Naku. That is in fact where it was from. But that didn't answer the question.
    "Well. I did make it leave their bodies, and that was completely my fault. So I guess I did take it from them?"
    The crusader Pulls his sword and yells "Stop right there criminal scum!" is slightly distraught, thinking at first that she is actually a criminal, but decides to just asks again.
    "Why exactly?.... Defense or...."
    He tries to make sure first before assuming things.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562

"Hey, I'm not complaining, or anything," Aiden says, raising his hands a little. "You just happen to be the first person I've ever met who's willing to give a lot and not expect much in return."
    "Well, . . . you're welcome?" Naku replies, honestly at a complete loss.
    Charity was something she had grown up with; and if you saw someone not in the safety of a house and fairly well fed, it was your moral obligation to help them out.
    Besides! She couldn't see him go cold and hungry! It'd make her feel terrible.

The crusader Pulls his sword and yells "Stop right there criminal scum!" is slightly distraught, thinking at first that she is actually a criminal, but decides to just asks again.
    "Why exactly?.... Defense or...."
    He tries to make sure first before assuming things.
    "I will assure you; anyone whose blood that was attacked me first."
    Whether or not she pushed them into it was not mentioned.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563

"Yeah, thanks. A lot." Aiden manages to smile in the midst of that still-present shock. "If you need anything from me in return, just let me know. Alright? I owe you a lot."

24. - Top - End - #564
    Pixie in the Playground

"Do you have any that I can read?"

HALOです。

25. - Top - End - #565

"Well, no. The few things of mine that got published were back in my home world. Unless you want to read my rambling and waterlogged journal," Aiden says. Then a moment later, he adds, "Just trust me, you don't want to read it."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, no. The few things of mine that got published were back in my home world. Unless you want to read my rambling and waterlogged journal," Aiden says. Then a moment later, he adds, "Just trust me, you don't want to read it."
    Vo let a beat pass.
    "...I do a little."

HALOです。

27. - Top - End - #567

"No, you don't," Aiden is quick to reply. "Like I said, it's rambling and most of the ink's worn off. And it's not exactly a good example of my abilities as a writer."

28. - Top - End - #568

"I will assure you; anyone whose blood that was attacked me first."
    Whether or not she pushed them into it was not mentioned.
    That's a little, if tiny, relief
    "Oh... ok, but...Why would they attack you? I mean, that was... a lot, I think?"
    his tone would be slightly more calm than before.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-04 at 12:55 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Pixie in the Playground

The witch grinned at Aiden. "Then I won't take it as such, and I'm sure I can find a spell to make it legible again."

HALOです。

30. - Top - End - #570

"It's also something I would consider private, and only brought up as a joke in the first place." Aiden is not grinning in return.