New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

Quote Originally Posted by Siena View Post
    The witch quirked her head. "I can see she looks like you, but I don't understand how that makes her a redundancy. What glory is she keeping you from?"
    Because of a prophecy.

There are many parallel realms, and one day a gypsy informed me that I am the only version of me to become what I have become and eventually one of the versions of myself would destroy me, because I was an anomaly and thus should not exist.

So obviously I killed the gypsy and sought to disprove her stupid vision, after all, Felndria cannot kill me if I kill her first.

For months I have tracked down every single Felandria in the multiverse, and the one you saw earlier is the last one remaining.

I kill her and there will be nothing to stop me from ruling all that is.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #902
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VI: Wait, there used to be a Ribbajack here?

"I've always thought of anomalies to be wonderful and fascinating," Vo commented, then got back to trying to discern what she was most curious about. "What's your title?"

HALOです。

3. - Top - End - #903
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    With a quiet muttering of some very colorful curses, Naku knelt under the bar one more time.
    This time, instead of pulling alcohol, she pulled out her favorite toy, and teleported over to the door.

From her vantage point of leaning against one door frame, her SMG tucked nicely into a ready position at her shoulder--though it was aimed down nice and safely--, she looked at Zane.
    "This is technically outside my inn; but I'd appreciate it if you weren't to interfere. You know, rules of fair play and all."

Zane glances at the weapon in her hands.If I think Clegg will fail, I will jump in. So if you feel the need to shoot me. Go ahead. He spreads his arms and turns to face her.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2013-01-23 at 11:41 AM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #904
    Pixie in the Playground

With a quiet muttering of some very colorful curses, Naku knelt under the bar one more time.
    This time, instead of pulling alcohol, she pulled out her favorite toy, and teleported over to the door.

From her vantage point of leaning against one door frame, her SMG tucked nicely into a ready position at her shoulder--though it was aimed down nice and safely--, she looked at Zane.
    "This is technically outside my inn; but I'd appreciate it if you weren't to interfere. You know, rules of fair play and all."
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Zane glances at the weapon in her hands.[COLOR="Purple"]If I think Clegg will fail, I will jump in. So if you feel the need to shoot me. Go ahead.COLOR] He spreads his arms and turns to face her.
    In the midst of his assault on Clegg, Gan hears the interruption happening behind him. It appears that another person wants to see him injured or dead. Still attacking the monstrous mercenary, he shouts back to Naku.

"It's fine! If he wishes to fight me once I conclude this duel with my sparing partner here, I won't back down. It would definitely help if you made sure he didn't try a sneak attack on me though!"
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zane glances at the weapon in her hands.[COLOR="Purple"]If I think Clegg will fail, I will jump in. So if you feel the need to shoot me. Go ahead.[COLOR] He spreads his arms and turns to face her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time for Never View Post
    In the midst of his assault on Clegg, Gan hears the interruption happening behind him. It appears that another person wants to see him injured or dead. Still attacking the monstrous mercenary, he shouts back to Naku.

"It's fine! If he wishes to fight me once I conclude this duel with my sparing partner here, I won't back down. It would definitely help if you made sure he didn't try a sneak attack on me though!"
    "For the record," Naku says to Zane, "I really wouldn't make offers like that. If he hadn't stepped in for you, I'd have had no problems shooting you in the kneecap right then."
    But Gan had saved him from that.
    "So you heard the man. You're welcome to fight him when he's done. Not until then."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #906

"For the record," Naku says to Zane, "I really wouldn't make offers like that. If he hadn't stepped in for you, I'd have had no problems shooting you in the kneecap right then."
    But Gan had saved him from that.
    "So you heard the man. You're welcome to fight him when he's done. Not until then."
    Hmm, sounds fair enough...I'll let Clegg wear down my opponent for me... At this, Zane removes three firespheres from his satchel, which he then proceeds to juggle...yep. he's now juggling three orbs of painful death.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that certainly wasn't what Gan had been hoping for. No matter, it would just take a little longer than he had hoped is all. The blue, aquatic looking sword counter slices at the monk's right hand and slashes the arm when Gan goes to block it. Except that what should have been a nasty blow is impeded by the circlet of beads that run up and down from his shoulder to his hand. Although the beads take the brunt of the force, Gan will still receive a mildly painful gash on the arm. Regardless, he shows no signs of faltering.

Gan Yun responds to this with a front-snap kick aimed at Clegg's neck. Assuming that it lands, he would follow up with a jab to the chest from his naginata.

Clegg growls some more, he wasn't hitting the monk. Easily fixed. He rages towards Gan, his sword aimed high, leaving his defenses open. He get's kicked in the neck for that, and a large amount of saltwater spews from his lips, probably getting all over Gan Yung. Then he's jabbed in the chest. More pain. And bruising. Monk, I'm goin' t' eat yer flesh. He points his sword at Gan, and out of the tip comes bolts of negative energy. These bolts will try to zap Gan Yung. If they hit, he might find himself becoming rapidly weaker. Zane, stay ou' 'o' th' way. I go' thi'. You too Ms. Naked. Heh.... He cackles as the black lightning most likely zaps the monk.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Clegg growls some more, he wasn't hitting the monk. Easily fixed. He rages towards Gan, his sword aimed high, leaving his defenses open. He get's kicked in the neck for that, and a large amount of saltwater spews from his lips, probably getting all over Gan Yung. Then he's jabbed in the chest. More pain. And bruising. Monk, I'm goin' t' eat yer flesh. He points his sword at Gan, and out of the tip comes bolts of negative energy. These bolts will try to zap Gan Yung. If they hit, he might find himself becoming rapidly weaker. Zane, stay ou' 'o' th' way. I go' thi'. You too Ms. Naked. Heh.... He cackles as the black lightning most likely zaps the monk.
    If martial prowess fails, resorting to hidden magical properties is always a solid plan.

Gan senses the attack a split second before going off and will attempt to move out of the way, but to no avail. It's difficult to entirely avoid a burst of lightning and thus is shocked by about 2/3 of the attack. This burst of negative electricity will indeed hit the monk after finishing the stab with his spear. It connects with his torso and rebounds throughout his body, causing an energy drain. For once he recoils from the unsuspecting attack which gives Clegg a point of reprieve. He drops his spear

Gan has one knee and hand to the ground while he tries to regain his composure.

"I need to finish this sooner than later." he thinks to himself.

Instead of getting back up to face Clegg, he stays put and waits for him to make the next move.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-01-23 at 01:55 PM.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

"I've always thought of anomalies to be wonderful and fascinating," Vo commented, then got back to trying to discern what she was most curious about. "What's your title?"
    My name is Deadra Blackfyre, as for a title, as soon as Felandria is eliminated, I can focus on conquering the realms.

I see no difficulty in acquiring followers, really, all I would have to do is ask and any soldier will follow me unquestioningly.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

If martial prowess fails, resorting to hidden magical properties is always a solid plan.

Gan senses the attack a split second before going off and will attempt to move out of the way, but to no avail. It's difficult to entirely avoid a burst of lightning and thus is shocked by about 2/3 of the attack. This burst of negative electricity will indeed hit the monk after finishing the stab with his spear. It connects with his torso and rebounds throughout his body, causing an energy drain. For once he recoils from the unsuspecting attack which gives Clegg a point of reprieve. He drops his spear

Gan has one knee and hand to the ground while he tries to regain his composure.

"I need to finish this sooner than later." he thinks to himself.

Instead of getting back up to face Clegg, he stays put and waits for him to make the next move.
    Clegg is delighted! He's winning! He'll continue to zap Gan Yung, manically so. Eventually, the lightning stops. Clegg cackles and moves toward Gan Yung, but instead of killing him, he moves to cut his right hand with a slash from the blade. Why kill him immediately when you can maim him! Hehe....maybe I"ll le' ye live. Just nibble on yer 'and fer a while. We'll see. Haha!

11. - Top - End - #911
    Pixie in the Playground

Clegg is delighted! He's winning! He'll continue to zap Gan Yung, manically so. Eventually, the lightning stops. Clegg cackles and moves toward Gan Yung, but instead of killing him, he moves to cut his right hand with a slash from the blade. Why kill him immediately when you can maim him! Hehe....maybe I"ll le' ye live. Just nibble on yer 'and fer a while. We'll see. Haha!
    *On a side note, I updated his character sheet to include his intuition ability that I had forgotten to put in it earlier

Still looking at the ground, Gan mutters: "Your arrogance will be your end."

Gan watches in pain as the captain moves over to try and maim him. The lightning had taken a good bit out of him. Before Clegg gets a chance to slash him though, the monk will commit to a sweeping low kick that, if it hits will knock the assailant on his back. There's still a surprising amount of force from the attack for being weakened.

Nexus FFRP Characters

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

*On a side note, I updated his character sheet to include his intuition ability that I had forgotten to put in it earlier

Still looking at the ground, Gan mutters: "Your arrogance will be your end."

Gan watches in pain as the captain moves over to try and maim him. The lightning had taken a good bit out of him. Before Clegg gets a chance to slash him though, the monk will commit to a sweeping low kick that, if it hits will knock the assailant on his back. There's still a surprising amount of force from the attack for being weakened.
    Clegg wasn't expecting a kick. My "arrogance"? Bah! I won't 'ave any end, I jus' reform. A Goddess cursed me....Forever! So, 'ere I am. Now, you on th' other 'and, your death is gonna be a' th' 'and of a much more powerful villain, cause ye can't seem t' shut yer mouth. I'll do it for ya, ye damned m-Oof! He's kicked and he falls onto his back. There's a cracking sound and a sickly squelch. However, Clagg rolls backwards and rises, looking very upset. Oh.....now ye've pissed me off monk. With that, he pocket his first pistol, and picks a much larger one out of his coat. He aims the pistol and fires. Out of the pistol comes a pink sparkling bullet, aimed for his chest.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hmm, sounds fair enough...I'll let Clegg wear down my opponent for me... At this, Zane removes three firespheres from his satchel, which he then proceeds to juggle...yep. he's now juggling three orbs of painful death.
    "I don't think juggling around these weapons is a good idea."

Fade comments suddendly appearing next to Zane.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #914
    Pixie in the Playground

Clegg wasn't expecting a kick. My "arrogance"? Bah! I won't 'ave any end, I jus' reform. A Goddess cursed me....Forever! So, 'ere I am. Now, you on th' other 'and, your death is gonna be a' th' 'and of a much more powerful villain, cause ye can't seem t' shut yer mouth. I'll do it for ya, ye damned m-Oof! He's kicked and he falls onto his back. There's a cracking sound and a sickly squelch. However, Clagg rolls backwards and rises, looking very upset. Oh.....now ye've pissed me off monk. With that, he pocket his first pistol, and picks a much larger one out of his coat. He aims the pistol and fires. Out of the pistol comes a pink sparkling bullet, aimed for his chest.
    "You're right. I prefer action over talking anyway."

Gan was known for his agility and sheer speed back from where he comes from. In fact, his reaction time and swiftness is quite phenomenal compared to even others from his order. Because of this, between the time when Clegg falls and when he gets up Gan would have gotten up and charged him and attempt to deliver a devastating palm strike aimed at the throat. Clegg won't enough time to pull out the large pistol of his before the monk is on top of him. Ditching the Naginata, Gan is now preferring to utilize fast/brutal hits with his hands. This palm strike will be quickly followed up with a reverse elbow strike into the side of his head.

Nexus FFRP Characters

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're right. I prefer action over talking anyway."

Gan was known for his agility and sheer speed back from where he comes from. In fact, his reaction time and swiftness is quite phenomenal compared to even others from his order. Because of this, between the time when Clegg falls and when he gets up Gan would have gotten up and charged him and attempt to deliver a devastating palm strike aimed at the throat. Clegg won't enough time to pull out the large pistol of his before the monk is on top of him. Ditching the Naginata, Gan is now preferring to utilize fast/brutal hits with his hands. This palm strike will be quickly followed up with a reverse elbow strike into the side of his head.
    Clegg groans as the monk flies towards him far faster than he had hoped. The punch hits and smashes his throat, and once more as he is elbowed on the side of the head. He yelps and begins seeing black spots in his vision. However, now that the monk is on him, Clegg can bite. So, he drops his weapons and moves to grab the monk and attempt to tear his throat with Clegg's sharp jagged teeth. I'll t-taste yer blood...

16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    My name is Deadra Blackfyre, as for a title, as soon as Felandria is eliminated, I can focus on conquering the realms.

I see no difficulty in acquiring followers, really, all I would have to do is ask and any soldier will follow me unquestioningly.

"Yes, and my name is Vo, but my title and occupation is Witch. What is it you do that inspires such loyalty?" Said Vo the Witch flicked her fan open and obscured her lower face with it, eying Deadra.

HALOです。

17. - Top - End - #917

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I don't think juggling around these weapons is a good idea."

Fade comments suddendly appearing next to Zane.
    Zane watches the fight, continuing to juggle. It's relaxing...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #918

Songdancer walks downstairs.
    And he sees fighting.
    Shaking his head he walked over to Naku.
    "Naku, I need to talk to you. In private."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, and my name is Vo, but my title and occupation is Witch. What is it you do that inspires such loyalty?" Said Vo the Witch flicked her fan open and obscured her lower face with it, eying Deadra.
    Well, as for loyalty, just look at me, I tell a man to jump, he doesn't ask how high, he just does it.

And the more difficult cases I simply enthrall, it's the rare specimen indeed who fails to succumb to either method, in which case I am forced to kill them, since anyone that strong is clearly a threat.

But as for my power?

I'm not going to tell you what I can do.

I'll show you.

Deadra closes her eyes and starts to grow, as she does, the ceiling rises as well, she stops and is now twenty six feet tall, she smiles down at Vo.

And now here's something I hope you'll really like.

Deadra closes her eyes again and concentrates, she turns into a cloud of mist, surrounding Vo, the cloud moves away again and the cloud of mist starts to crackle with electricity and the mist turns into a living bolt of lightning, shooting around the room.

The bolt stops in the center of the room and turns back into Deadra.

She walks up to Vo and stares down at her.

Of course, that's all I can show you without reducing this building to rubble.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    She walks up to Vo and stares down at her.

Of course, that's all I can show you without reducing this building to rubble.
    The witch frowned behind her fan at the mist. She didn't like moisture, but voiced no objections. Watching the display, she began to get a clearer picture of Deadra. All force, no subtlety. Quite Vo's opposite in regard to magic.
    When the half-giant finished, Vo closed her fan, held onto her hat and gave Deadra a formal bow. "Thank you for the display, Ruler-To-Be," Reasons why titles were nice. "and thank you for indulging my curiosity."

HALOです。

21. - Top - End - #921
    Pixie in the Playground

Clegg groans as the monk flies towards him far faster than he had hoped. The punch hits and smashes his throat, and once more as he is elbowed on the side of the head. He yelps and begins seeing black spots in his vision. However, now that the monk is on him, Clegg can bite. So, he drops his weapons and moves to grab the monk and attempt to tear his throat with Clegg's sharp jagged teeth. I'll t-taste yer blood...
    Gan gives off a slight smirk, uncharacteristic for him. The monk had Clegg exactly where he wanted him to be. You see, unarmed combat is his specialty, and he certainly wasn't going to allow his opponent to get the better of him. He will avoid the man's grapple by rolling to the side of him and subsequently flip up onto his feet. This is where he attempts to K.O. Clegg. Using whatever energy he has left, he will attempt to finish the fight with a powerful butterfly kick. If it hits it won't kill him, but it will almost definitely render him unconscious for a while.

Nexus FFRP Characters

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Gan gives off a slight smirk, uncharacteristic for him. The monk had Clegg exactly where he wanted him to be. You see, unarmed combat is his specialty, and he certainly wasn't going to allow his opponent to get the better of him. He will avoid the man's grapple by rolling to the side of him and subsequently flip up onto his feet. This is where he attempts to K.O. Clegg. Using whatever energy he has left, he will attempt to finish the fight with a powerful butterfly kick. If it hits it won't kill him, but it will almost definitely render him unconscious for a while.
    And so, Clegg is kicked and left there. He seems....unconscious. Just lying there. Drooling onto the concrete.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

And so, Clegg is kicked and left there. He seems....unconscious. Just lying there. Drooling onto the concrete.
    Don't worry, he should only be out for an hour or so! When Clegg wakes up he should be moderately bruised though, so I'm sure he'll absolutely love Gan for that. The monk will go over to way where Clegg lay on the ground and place a white lotus flower on his chest and bow to the unconscious man.

He will then fall onto his rear and rest his arms on his knees. Yeah, that energy-draining shock definitely took a lot out of him.

Nexus FFRP Characters

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

The white rose is placed on him. But, Clegg's not really unconscious. AS an undead, he has no brain to cause unconsciousness, only a mind. And as soon as the monk sits down and turns away from him. Clegg rises, completely silent. His years as a Cylarian Inspector taught him the importance of stealth. He rises and raises his sword to chop off Gan's hand.

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Songdancer walks downstairs.
    And he sees fighting.
    Shaking his head he walked over to Naku.
    "Naku, I need to talk to you. In private."
    "After this. As I'm kind of the only thing keeping Mr. Monk from being assassinated while he fights. But afterwards sure." Naku says, never taking her eyes from the scene.

"Hey, Monk; he's back up." Naku decides to inform Gan with a nod at Clegg.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

The white rose is placed on him. But, Clegg's not really unconscious. AS an undead, he has no brain to cause unconsciousness, only a mind. And as soon as the monk sits down and turns away from him. Clegg rises, completely silent. His years as a Cylarian Inspector taught him the importance of stealth. He rises and raises his sword to chop off Gan's hand.
    "After this. As I'm kind of the only thing keeping Mr. Monk from being assassinated while he fights. But afterwards sure." Naku says, never taking her eyes from the scene.

!

"Thanks!"

This guy doesn't know when to give up. Naku's interjection reaches Gan in time before the ex-inspector tries to lop off his hand. It also helps that, being behind Gan and him having his arms on his knees, that it would be an awkward strike for Clegg to pull off. Alerted and reflexes kicking in, the tired warrior monk naturally rolls onto his back, springs backwards using his hands for momentum and will try to reverse donkey kick Clegg in the abdomen.

.....Well that's certainly an unusual attack, but hey it's worked before in this sort of situation.

"Why won't you stay down?" growls an increasingly annoyed Gan.
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-01-24 at 02:06 AM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

27. - Top - End - #927

He nodded.
    "Not like I like Clegg or anything, but...why exactly are they fighting?"
    A better question is why Naku isn't stopping it. To Songdancer's knowledge, fighting isn't exactly...wanted here.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #928
    Orc in the Playground

The witch frowned behind her fan at the mist. She didn't like moisture, but voiced no objections. Watching the display, she began to get a clearer picture of Deadra. All force, no subtlety. Quite Vo's opposite in regard to magic.
    When the half-giant finished, Vo closed her fan, held onto her hat and gave Deadra a formal bow. "Thank you for the display, Ruler-To-Be," Reasons why titles were nice. "and thank you for indulging my curiosity."
    You are welcome.

Now if you'll excuse me......

29. - Top - End - #929

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    He nodded.
    "Not like I like Clegg or anything, but...why exactly are they fighting?"
    A better question is why Naku isn't stopping it. To Songdancer's knowledge, fighting isn't exactly...wanted here.
    "Far as I can tell," Naku says, sighing slightly, "is Clegg was very obviously talking about helping hunt down and kill someone who really doesn't deserve it, Mr. Monk left first to find the person first and help her stay alive.
    Clegg made some threats, then attacked soon as the Monk got outside; which is why I can't just stop it directly."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930

"Ah."
    Songdancer stared at the two fighters.
    "Do you mind if I intervened then? Fighting isn't fun to be around, and this doesn't seem like the sort of fight one of them is going to walk away from."
    He doesn't quite like bloodshed.
    Busy with Life