New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Help With Touhou

I'm trying to run Touhou: Undefined Fantastic Object, but whenever I open it up, it greys out and shows this error message:

th12e.exe has stopped working
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I've tried every resolution, but it still shows the same error message. I've tried looking on the FAQ, but it's in glitched Japanese (like this: ‚æ‚*‚ ‚è‚»‚¤‚ÈŽ¿–â‚Ì“š‚¦‚Å‚·) and Google Translate doesn't work.

After downloading the game, I extracted the first part to the desktop. I tried to extract the second part to the desktop as well, but it said that a file was "broken", so I had to extract it inside the part 1 folder. I have a 64-bit OS Windows 7 Desktop, model Inspiron 620S, with an Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3GHz for a processor. Does someone know how to run this? Also, should this go under Friendly Banter, although it's game related?
    Last edited by Augmental; 2012-10-10 at 06:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Help With Touhou

From where I'm sitting I'd say the second part of the download is corrupted and thus some files aren't as pristine as the game'd like it.

Redownload it, and maybe look for a checksum somewhere on the download site to verify if it's downloaded correctly.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Whoracle View Post
    From where I'm sitting I'd say the second part of the download is corrupted and thus some files aren't as pristine as the game'd like it.

Redownload it, and maybe look for a checksum somewhere on the download site to verify if it's downloaded correctly.
    What's a checksum?

Also, here's where I downloaded the game from: Here Edit: If you want to go to the website where I download the game from, google "download touhou" and click on the first link. I'm not entirely sure on the legality, but it was the first link, so...

EDIT: I redownloaded part 2 and tried to extract it to the part 1 file. Here's the error message I got:

0: Data error in 'filename.dat'. File is broken.

If it matters, I'm using 7-zip file manager.
    Last edited by Augmental; 2012-10-10 at 06:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Nevermind the checksum part, there's nothing on that site. I'm checking if I get any errors when extracting part 2 by itself.

OK, I get one error about the extraction needing to be triggered by a previous archive. I'll see if everything looks OK in a few minutes, but I can't test if the game actually runs, since I'm running linux here.
    Last edited by Whoracle; 2012-10-10 at 07:01 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

OK, done. And now I think you're extracting it wrong somehow. Let's see...

I put both archives into a directory.
    I double-clicked the first.
    I saw a folder named "12 SOMEJAPANESESYMBOLS".
    I clicked on that folder and extracted it.

No errors whatsoever.

That is using p7z/xarchiver, so I was using the 7zip algorithms, too.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Undefined Fantastic Error
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.